URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8056
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S26 Ep11 Vidcaps *NO SOURCES*"

Posted by tribephyl on 04-18-13 at 03:11 PM
Your weekly depository of ep 11 vidcaps and the discussion of those vidcaps. *no sources, please.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"PostShow Promo"
Posted by tribephyl on 04-18-13 at 03:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-13 AT 03:45 PM (EST)

Trans:
Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor...
Reynold (talking to Sherri): If we have Erik and we had you...that's a majority.
Probst: Reynold, Eddie and Malcolm look to recruit new allies.
Sherri (camera confessional): If you can't beat 'em, you join 'em.
Probst: And who doesn't love the Survivor auction?
Cochran: Did you see that?
Probst: How often does that happen?
Cochran: More often than you think.

Thank you SF/VG(Trish) via Mess.

"Press Images"
Posted by tribephyl on 04-18-13 at 03:42 PM

"Reynold's leg"
Posted by tribephyl on 04-18-13 at 03:53 PM
I swear I see a bandage under his buff.

"RE: Reynold's leg"
Posted by Sheldor on 04-18-13 at 07:48 PM
Yeah, I noticed Reynold wearing his buff like that during the Keel Hauling Immunity Challenge last episode. Probably hurt it during the Reward Challenge.

Also, Malcolm continues to wear a bandage on his left arm and hand.

Posted by chemig521 on 04-19-13 at 09:45 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-13 AT 10:07 AM (EST)

Something is there that clearly is not there in the shot at the auction. It is impossible to tell in the shot where Reynold is horsing around with Cochran and Andrea because the area is blocked by something in the foreground. Another idea....since it is NOT there at the auction and Reynold is wearing his buff in that spot but is there in a vidcsp presented later, could it be that Reynold purchased a HII clue at the auction and we are seeing the clue peeking out from where he is keeping it?

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-18-13 at 08:32 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-13 AT 08:33 PM (EST)

Good eye.

Also, in another vidcap here, Andrea's bikini top clearly had just been wet as you can see a wet outline on the back of her shirt as she stands in front of Jiffy. Did she win a shower earlier in the auction? It's too wet to have been from walking over from their camp to the auction site. If it was a shower, not a big deal, really, other than perhaps to rule her out of contention for a potential bid for a clue to the HII or some other advantage in the game.

Posted by suzzee on 04-19-13 at 09:39 AM
Not a shower, her hair would be wet. I think it's likely she was swimming when they gave them the word to go to challenge. Good eye on the bandage on Reynold's leg it looks like a clean wrap but if it was an older injury I'm sure medical changes dressings regularly.

I should be watched....closely.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-18-13 at 10:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-13 AT 10:39 PM (EST)

A few quick thoughts:

Sherri seeming to go with the 3 Amigos = misdirection.

What's up with all the Cochran love/hugging in the press photos? Does he do something like give away his food so the rest of the tribe can eat? (ETA: Never mind, looks like that's at camp??)

We see Andrea, Sherri etc. buying/eating food in the auction Seems to me that Cochran and Malcolm are the 2 most likely to be smart enough to hold out on food and save up for a potential clue or advantage in the game as in prior seasons.

"RE: Press Images"
Posted by dabo on 04-18-13 at 07:12 PM

Per Phoenix at the Mess Hall.

"Fever"
Posted by dabo on 04-19-13 at 01:10 PM
http://survivorfever.com/

Don't know when they got this page up, the .net pages are still broken.

"Saturday Promo"
Posted by dabo on 04-20-13 at 07:48 PM
http://www.survivorfever.com/vc_s26_ep11_4_20.html

Announcer: Can the majority hang on...

Cochran (camera confessional): I am the biggest challenge threat.

Announcer: ...in a game of strength...

Dawn: This is hard!

Announcer: ...and stamina?

"RE: Saturday Promo"
Posted by Bebo on 04-20-13 at 08:17 PM
OK, here's what I've pieced together by matching rope colors and pictures showing how multiple people are shown in the preview...

From left to right...
Reynold (process of elimination - got everyone else picked)
Cochran (shown with dk purple rope)
Dawn (shown on green platform)
Andrea (shown beside Dawn)
Sherri (shown between Andrea and Brenda)
Brenda (shown next to Sherri)
Malcolm (shorts match picture from camp)
Eddie (shows rope color)
Erik (obvious from pic - clothes and hair match)

- Cochran outlasts Reynold in this challenge, since when his pole is crashing, the one to the left is already down.
- There's a lot of focus on the purple pole crashing down...could Cochran somehow pull this one out? A promos shows Cochran saying he's the biggest challenge threat - the viewing audience would beg to differ, but does he manage to win his second individual immunity challenge?

Posted by tribephyl on 04-20-13 at 08:29 PM
The pole crash is actually the blue pole. Erik's pole. Crashing while Eddie's pole is already down.

Reynold: Orange
Cochran: Purple
Dawn: Green
Andrea: Red
Sherri: Teal
Brenda: Black
Malcolm: Yellow
Eddie: Pink
Erik: Blue

I certainly agree with the Cochran pulling out a win, specially due to a bought auction prize. The challenge continues on until the survivors are past the last knot. Literally, at the end of their ropes. The advantage still gives Cochran a knot to hold onto while the rest of them have to deal with sweaty palm - rope slippage.

Posted by Sheldor on 04-22-13 at 11:25 AM
I agree from the flag pole, foliage, and rocks in the background that the pole crashing down would be in Erik's Blue position with Eddie's Pink pole already down but since we can't see anyone could this be a scene from the Dream Team practice?

However, the color of both appears to have been modified so maybe they are trying to hide which poles we are seeing.

Posted by suzzee on 04-23-13 at 10:49 AM
I think it's from the challenge, I wouldn't think the dream team shots would have the flags as set dressing (in the background) until the real challenge.

I should be watched....closely.

Posted by Sheldor on 04-23-13 at 10:25 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-13 AT 10:39 PM (EST)

In the Dream Team preview of this challenge when someone loses they have to sit on their platform. No one is sitting on the Red/Pink platform in the preview but maybe they changed the procedure and you go sit somewhere else.

Looks more like a staged shot to me than from the challenge; however definitely NOT from the Dream Team preview because the person holding Blue is out BEFORE the person holding Red/Pink.

Edited to Add: Ah like you said there are NO flags in the background during the Dream Team practice.

"CDochran buys challenge advantage"
Posted by michel on 04-20-13 at 08:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-13 AT 08:23 PM (EST)

Looking at this pic:

We see that the second pole to the left isn't as low as the others so purple (Cochran) had the advantage of moving up a few knots on the rope.

"RE: CDochran buys challenge advantage"
Posted by tribephyl on 04-20-13 at 08:30 PM
Which is exactly how Stamina wins out over Strength. (Even if it is a purchased advantage.)
Go Cochran!

Posted by byoffer on 04-20-13 at 10:48 PM
Actually, physics wins over stamina and strength!

(and Cochran surely purchased the physics advantage at the RC auction.)

Posted by dabo on 04-21-13 at 02:34 AM
I am trying to reconsile this with Sherri feeding Cochran at Auction after he has clearly moved position. Have they dropped the no sharing rule this season? Can they combine remaining funds? Are they allowed to purchase from each other?

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-22-13 at 12:03 PM
Dabo, not sure about the official rules this season, but I read the Sherri vidcaps as she's letting Cochran lick her finger (gross!) vs. actually sharing, so that might be allowed. And it makes for great TV and Jeff's quip.

I figured Cochran would be smart enough to buy the challenge advantage, and Eddie/Reynolds would be too dumb, but I really thought Malcolm would also be strategic enough to realize this is his last chance, so it will be interesting to see how that plays out or if there's even a battle for the advantage. The majority alliance just needs to keep those 3 from winning, so perhaps Cochran is the hero in this episode in many ways. Certainly the press photos show a lot of love being thrown his way.

Posted by chemig521 on 04-22-13 at 02:17 PM
I'm still thinking the foreign object in Reynold's buff is not a bandage but possibly a clue for the HII. I'm thinking that if a clue were offered, it might have come before the challenge advantage and Reynold went for it. With no auction in Survivor: South Pacific, we haven't seen Cochran's auction strategies, but as a student of the game I could see him risking ending with an empty belly and $500 for a chance for a big reward at the end. In this case, the reward is HUGE...looking at the vid caps, his knots were tied much higher on the rope allowing him to use less effort to keep the pole aloft. Even bigger than Cochran actually winning II for a second time, is the fact that by keeping the Bros from winning II, barring any rogue actions from within his alliance, it virtually certain one of the Bros is going home.

Posted by Flowerpower on 04-23-13 at 07:27 AM

I know that you all know all of this already, but you can clearly see in the vidcap above that Cochran's pole is not at the same angle as all of the others. He clearly has the advantage from the Auction. Everyone else's pole is farther back, and harder to hold.

"PIP"
Posted by dabo on 04-20-13 at 07:52 PM
http://www.survivorfever.com/vc_s26_ep11_pip.html

Announcer: Wednesday on CBS, it's strength versus stamina. Don't miss a new Survivor.

"Web Promo"
Posted by dabo on 04-22-13 at 04:17 PM
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s26_wp_ep11.html

Announcer: Wednesday, The Three Amigos seem unbeatable...

Brenda (camera confessional): It's terrifying what these boys are capable of.

Announcer: ...versus the Alliance of Six.

Malcolm (camera confessional): I knew one or two are gonna come of the dark side with the three amigos.

Sherri (camera confessional): Neither side realize, I'm the one calling the shots.

Announcer: Can the majority hang on...

Cochran (camera confessional): I am the biggest challenge threat.

Announcer: ...in a game of strength...

Dawn (during Immunity Challenge): This is hard!

Announcer: ...and stamina.

Jeff Probst (at Tribal Council): How concerned are you that somebody might be flipping tonight?

"RE: Web Promo"
Posted by personofinterest on 04-22-13 at 05:09 PM
In the picture of Reynold with all the vegetation in the background ... Is he holding another hidden immunity necklace? He looks really happy for a dead man walking.

Posted by dabo on 04-22-13 at 06:56 PM
promo

episode 5

located at http://survivoroz.wordpress.com/2013/03/14/survivor-caramoanepisode-5-recap-featuring-jill-behm/

Posted by chemig521 on 04-23-13 at 08:42 AM
>In the picture of Reynold with
>all the vegetation in the
>background ... Is he holding
>another hidden immunity necklace? He
>looks really happy for a
>dead man walking.

Look at his left hand. I think that celebration is because he found another HII with the help of a clue purchased at the auction.

Posted by Sheldor on 04-23-13 at 10:05 PM
chemig521 wrote:

>Look at his left hand.
>I think that celebration is because he found another HII
>with the help of a clue purchased at the auction.

Huh? Dabo posted that photo above from Episode 5 showing that this is recycled footage of Reynold finding the HII from Episode 5.

Also, if they keep to the recent trend for Food Auctions there will be an item that is an Advantage in the next Immunity Challenge not a clue to the Hidden Immunity Idol.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-23-13 at 10:29 PM
Another clue: Look at the lack of facial hair on Reynold in these pics.

Posted by NedraSue on 04-24-13 at 12:15 PM
Completely agree, his beard at the auction is darker/fuller. This pictures if pre-merge.

Posted by michel on 04-22-13 at 06:01 PM
Obviously Sherri, Dawn, Andrea, Erik and Eddie don't have the necklace. We can't be certain that Reynold and Malcolm don't have it but it doesn't seem that way. Cochran and Brenda could be wearing the necklace.

Posted by chemig521 on 04-23-13 at 08:58 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-13 AT 08:59 AM (EST)

Flo Po pointed out the angle of the poles at the challenge. If you compare hand holds on the ropes in the bid caps, you can see that Dawn and the others have about 6" of rope under the last knot. When you look at the shots of Cochran, the rope is so long under the last knot that it extends out of the picture. With that kind of advantage it would be hard for Cochran to lose the challenge.
Interesting thought, dabo, on Sherrie having a HII. I really think Reynold finds one, so they could both have been re-hidden and found, or it could just be Sherrie seeing herself as the swing vote -- the one calling the shots as to which faction takes control. Reynold's pitch ("if we have Erik and we had you") makes it sound like Erik is the 4th Amigo and she would be the one to break the 4-4 tie. This seems to fit the quote more than the HII since she isn't enough of a threat to be high on either side's boot list at the moment and would only be able to get her as far as F-4.

Posted by michel on 04-23-13 at 11:35 AM
Just wanted to point out that we have seen tons of idols hidden this season but not a single clue. I really don't think there will be a clue offered at the auction. How would it read anyway: "Look around and you will find it"

Posted by dabo on 04-23-13 at 01:10 AM
Sherri (camera confessional): Neither side realize, I'm the one calling the shots.

Just speculating here, but it occurs to me that Sherri finds a hidden immunity idol.

"Challenge Promo - Episode 11"
Posted by Sheldor on 04-23-13 at 10:20 PM
Challenge Promo - Episode 11
Date: 4.22.13

http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s26_challenge_ep11.html

Transcript:

John Kirhoffer (Survivor Challenges Producer): Here's how this plays, this is called "Drop a Log". The way this challenge plays is, each one of these logs is proportional to the contestant's weight. Every five minutes, Jeff will say, "Next knot." When you let go you're going to be smashing your face, not your face but you will be smashing the ceramic face. Then you'll probably fall backwards or just let go and then you're out of the challenge. The log gets heavier and heavier and heavier. When you get down to the last one (last knot), you'll be holding onto to just a little bit of rope with one hand. The last person holding their log wins the challenge. We learned that women have a chance to win as much as the men.

"RE: Challenge Promo - Episode 11"
Posted by dabo on 04-24-13 at 01:23 AM
We learned that women have a chance to win as much as the men.

So that means, I guess, a Cockroach also has a chance.

Thanks, Sheldor, for bringing that over.