URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8051
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S26 Ep10 Vid-Caps"

Posted by dabo on 04-11-13 at 04:07 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-13 AT 04:08 PM (EST)

*No Sources*

Please use this thread as repository of vidcaps and discussion of vidcaps regarding the 10th episode.

Fever is at warp crawl today, but the promo and press images stuff is perportedly up for those willing to wait it out.

Hope they get the wormhole fixed soon. (Of course, though, it could just be my server having a bad day, but I'm only really encountering the crawl at Fever.)

promo link
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s26_ep10_4_10.html
22 vid-caps, don't let the empty pic spaces fool you.

press images link
http://www.survivorfever.net/s26_ep10_press_images.html
11 all challange related it seems.

If this continues we may want to upload the images here instead of linking to them: time-consuming work as that is to do it would save time later for everyone opening this thread.

Let's take our time.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Press Images"
Posted by dabo on 04-11-13 at 06:33 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-13 AT 09:54 PM (EST)

Problem seems to be fixed, large press images proved to be too large to upload here.

Edited to remove timewasters. See below. Thanks, tribe.

"RE: Press Images"
Posted by Sheldor on 04-11-13 at 08:44 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-13 AT 08:51 PM (EST)

Survivor Fever appears to be having problems again. VERY slow responding and usually just times out.

While we wait for Survivor Fever to get fixed, here are the CBS Press Release preview images

Reward Challenge

Web shareable version of image above

Immunity Challenge

Posted by dabo on 04-11-13 at 10:42 PM
All 10 present for RC and IC, and the RC looks more dangerous than the IC. If there is a medevac it would have to happen between IC and TC. Dawn survives her breakdown without quitting unless that happens between IC and TC.

I don't think we'll see a quit.

"Larger Press Images"
Posted by tribephyl on 04-13-13 at 08:48 PM
RC: Teams: Orange-Andrea, Brenda, Eddie, Malcolm and Sherri / Purple-Dawn, Cochran, Erik, Reynold and Phillip

IC: This challenge looks to be a remodel of the first S7/PI IC.
Run to end of float, jump in water, work your way to other end underwater, pop out the other side, grab ring, place it at far end, jump in water, repeat...

(Cochran on Red @11:21)
(Malcolm on Red @11:27)
(Andrea on Red @11:31) Notice Andrea has 5 rings to work with while both previous "rounds" there are 2 rings per survivor. She makes it to the final round.

"RE: Larger Press Images"
Posted by Sheldor on 04-14-13 at 00:02 AM
Good call on the Immunity Challenge tribephyl!

Survivor Pearl Islands Episode 8
Immunity Challenge: Keel Hauling

First Immunity Challenge after the merge also ran with 10 players just like this week. 5 players each in the first and second round with only 2 laps (though no medallions to move in the first two qualifying rounds) and the first 2 to finish move on to the final round. Final 4 have to run 5 laps moving a medallion from the back to the front post each lap. That's pretty exhausting! I assume there is a rope under the platform like there was in Pearl Islands.

Also, in Pearl Islands they started at the front post and just jumped in. Looks like they start at the rear post this time since we see Cochran and Brenda/Malcolm/Reynold/Erik running without holding a ring.

The second heat has Brenda, Malcolm, Reynold, Erik, and someone else. I'd have to assume Malcolm and Reynold win this heat.

The first heat is Cochran, Andrea, and 3 out of (Eddie, Phillip, Dawn and/or Sherri).

So most likely the final heat is Malcolm, Reynold, Andrea and maybe Eddie or Cochran? I'd put my money on Malcolm I think.

Here are 2 videos of this challenge in Pearl Islands

Survivor Pearl Islands E8 P3 (IC at 5:55)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn_ujR75wsE

Survivor Pearl Islands E8 P4 (conclusion of IC)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eur9GhDSYe8

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 04-14-13 at 09:34 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-13 AT 10:59 AM (EST)

In the heat shown (l to r) we see Brenda (yellow), Malcom (red), Eddie (green), Erik (purple) and it doesn't matter who is on the yellow platform but I suspect it is Reynold as from the picture, it looks like they have gotten off to a good start. It will be one of the Kewl Boy alliance who wins this heat and two will move on: Malcom, Eddie will move on from this heat (and/or Reynold - if he is on the yellow platform).

The second heat must be: Andrea (because we see she does move on), Dawn, Sherri, Phillip and Cochran and/or possibly Reynold).

My guess is that either Eddie, Reynold or Malcom wins immunity this week. Rupert (the strongest) easily won it on Pearl Islands.

Also, fwiw, according to the Press release, "an accident threatens one survivor's ability to stay in the game," it doesn't appear to have happened pre-immunity challenge as all survivors are present and accounted for and smiling on the platform.

Posted by byoffer on 04-14-13 at 11:08 PM
Rupert (the strongest) easily won it on Pearl Islands.

Oops, you had better watch the video again. Rupert lead all the way, but was nipped at the finish by Burton who hung his last medallion faster than Rupert.

Posted by Sheldor on 04-15-13 at 07:27 AM
Thanks for the clarification Scarlett O Hara
I thought that was Reynold on Green but clearly it is Eddie.

Looking at the lineup before the challenge Dawn, Brenda, Eddie, Malcolm, and Erik are on the right, Cochran, Sherri, Andrea, Reynold, and Phillip are on the left.

Could Jeff just say you five on the right go first?

Hmm, that would put Dawn on the far Orange platform on the right but we don't see anyone so your guess of Malcolm (who we know runs really fast from Ep1 Reward Challenge) is probably right.

From the promo video we know that Malcolm, Eddie, and Erik do NOT win this Immunity Challenge. We also know that Dawn, Cochran, Andrea, Sherri, and Phillip do not win this Immunity Challenge so it is either Brenda or Reynold.

At Tribal Council, we see part of Reynold's left shoulder which appears to NOT have the Immunity Necklace but NOT enough shown to be absolutely sure.

We don't see Brenda at all at Tribal Council. While Brenda is very athletic and very comfortable in the water (won the Last Gasp IC, owns a Paddle Board company, does spear fishing, etc.) I would think her left knee injury would slow her down a lot moving across the platform.

Posted by beaglemaster on 04-14-13 at 04:31 PM
This is a redo of the RC from last season that Penner figured out that digging all the bags out of the sand so the following runners didn't have to dig and search for their bag was the best tactic to win this challenge. Malcolm is the only one who knows this and from the photo it appears his is first to the sand pit. If they have to dig up bags or something this gives his team some advantage and will likely win the challenge.

Posted by byoffer on 04-14-13 at 11:09 PM
Agreed, that would be a huge advantage for Malcolm's team.

"Promo"
Posted by dabo on 04-11-13 at 10:36 PM
Well, the promo page is still messed up. At least the press images page is working. Their episode titles page seems to have totally gone missing. Hope they get their problems fixed.

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor...

Dawn (crying): Waaaahhhh.

Probst: ...as the end gets closer...

Erik: Dawn?

Probst: ...the pressure builds...

Phillip (to Andrea): She's losing it.

Probst: ...and someone's going to break.

Cochran (camera confessional): It's baffling to me.

Phillip (camera confessional): She's acting like a lunatic.

Dawn (camera confessional): I'll pull myself from the game. I'm not kidding.

"RE: S26 Ep10 Vid-Caps"
Posted by Sheldor on 04-13-13 at 05:54 PM
Survivor Fever web site went from NOT responding to now responding with:

This site is temporarily unavailable. If you are the owner of this site, please contact Customer Service at 866-907-2509

"ALERT..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 04-14-13 at 08:08 AM
Hello, everyone. I would have sent a message regarding this, but since the red flags are permanently waving, I thought this would be better.

Trish from Survivor Fever notified me that her site is having some difficulties. So, she is still doing the video captures but posting them at Mess Hall. So, if anyone is looking to get the vidcaps, head over to Mess. Thanks so much!

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 04-14-13 at 09:14 AM
Here is a video of Survivor Pearl Islands showing a similar challenge on the water platforms. It was the first individual immunity challenge in PI after the merge. Courtesy of Survivor Sucks MessHall. To see it - just move the cursor to about the middle and you can watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Tn_ujR75wsE

Posted by Flowerpower on 04-14-13 at 11:00 PM
Thanks to Mayan Sun for these, posted at Sucks Mess Hall:

Here is a picture from the vidcaps this week:

Malcolm is WEARING his HII:

....but Eddie is not....

Then, obviously later, Eddie is now wearing a similar necklace:

So, I bet that Reynold's wins the IC, strength needed for the challenge, then Eddie finds the HII, or one of the "Disney Prince's" finds it and let's him have it for the TC, leaving 2 out of the 2 folks that Phillip most likely wants to split votes for, thus the Fav's must vote for someone that they hadn't expected...

Makes for a good TC indeed!

"10Sec Promo"
Posted by dabo on 04-14-13 at 11:31 PM
Announcer: Don't miss the ultimate Tribal Council!

Jeff Probst: Wow.

"Sunday Promo"
Posted by dabo on 04-14-13 at 11:39 PM
Announcer: What will cause this Survivor to meldown?

<Dawn crying and hyperventilating>

Erik: Dawn?

Announcer: And...after 404 Tribal Councils...

Jeff Probst (at Tribal Council): Is there tension?

Andrea: Theres's a lot of paranoia.

Announcer: This one is the all-time shocker.

Cochran: This is the most exciting Tribal Council I've ever seen.

Probst: Wow!

"RE: Sunday Promo"
Posted by SurvivorManiac on 04-15-13 at 00:17 AM
You know TC is going to be insane when they actually promote it in the promos, even spoiling the people who dont win immunity.

That must mean either Brenda or Reynold have immunity judging by what we can see in the promos, right?

Posted by dabo on 04-15-13 at 00:24 AM
Yeah, this TC has to deliver!

Check out Reynold's shoulder.

Posted by tribephyl on 04-15-13 at 01:05 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-13 AT 01:07 AM (EST)

move along...

Posted by SurvivorManiac on 04-15-13 at 01:07 AM
Reynold has very wide shoulders though, so theres a potential he still has it I think. I think its likely Brenda has it since she isnt shown at all in the promos (then again, she isnt shown ever), but I wouldnt be surprised if Reynold actually has it.

My main confusion is that I would have expected Eddie & Malcolm to keep their idols hidden until after the vote so they can shock Stealth R Us and ensure that they get to pick who goes home. Strealth R Us could easily just be like 'okay, we'll just vote out Sherri then' if they realize they can't vote out Eddie, Reynold or Malcolm that night.

I doubt they are dumb enough to still try to vote for Malcolm or Eddie and get idoled out. Technically, I guess maybe Brenda has immunity and Reynold is not safe.. so Stealth R Us votes for Reynold but then one of Eddie/Malcolm passes their idol over to Reynold? Who knows, literally anything could happen with the idols here.

Posted by dabo on 04-15-13 at 02:04 AM
Bluffing. Exposing their idols is one thing, whether they will actually play them (or hand them off) is another thing altogether. It's called a pressure play.

Tactically, all of Stealth should stick to whatever the intended boot was decided to be and let it ride. But that doesn't mean all of them will see it that way, the cage has been rattled.

"Bluff"
Posted by Flowerpower on 04-15-13 at 06:50 AM
Yes, I agree with dabo. Last season Malcolm did the same thing and it worked. He pulled it out well before the vote to threaten the entire group that if you vote for me, I will use this HII. It worked. And, if Malcolm and Eddie both expose that they have HII's and could use them, and the vote instruction was to split the vote between Eddie and Malcolm, then that has got to wreck havoc on the whole scenario. I bet this is exactly what happens.

Furthermore, the one that is most at risk to leave then, imo, would be either Sherri, the one Fan that doesn't have immunity, OR, Phillip. Possibly there could be enough people there that just can't take his immature antics one more moment...

I think that Dawn and her meltdown is misdirection.

"RE: Bluff"
Posted by Sheldor on 04-15-13 at 07:42 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-13 AT 08:01 AM (EST)

Is there precedent for hiding a Merge Tribe idol while an Original tribe idol (Malcolm's Bikal Idol) is still in play? I thought all Original Tribe idols have to have been played before a Merge Tribe idol is hid.

If that's the case, could Eddie be wearing Malcolm's idol and they are trying to confuse Stealth-R-Us (SRU) as to who will play the idol?

Edited to Add:
In Survivor One World, Colton went home with Manono's Hidden Immunity Idol that Sabrina gave him and Kim found Salani's Hidden Immunity Idol before the merge. After the merge feast, the Reward Challenge provided a clue to another Hidden Immunity Idol (Tikiano) which Troyzan found while Kim still had not used her Salani Hidden Immunity Idol so that's one example of this precedent.

"RE: Bluff"
Posted by SurvivorManiac on 04-15-13 at 09:56 AM
If Im right, I think they rehid the HII after the merge in Fiji even though there was still one in play.

Posted by chemig521 on 04-15-13 at 03:03 PM
If you look closely at Reynold's shoulder at tribal and compare it to the shoulder of his shirt in the shot of the Broliance during Dawn's meltdown, there could be an immunity necklace there. If you enlarge the area by the purple paint stain, it looks like there is a light-colored raised area in the TC picture. It could be a tooth from the II necklace.

I see there also recycled TC pics in this promo, like the one of Shamar lighting his torch.

"Sneak Peek Video"
Posted by dabo on 04-16-13 at 08:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-13 AT 09:20 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-16-13 AT 08:37 PM (EST)

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/zipping-over-the-cuckoos-nest-sneak-peek/17u4xzy1h?q=motherhood+parenting&from=en-us_msnhpvidmod&rel=msn&cpkey=240101d3-3d3d-f8b7-59d1-94e454adb252%257cmotherhood%2Bparenting%257cmsn%257c%257c

Stealth celebrates because now Eddie and Malcolm and Reynold have no idol.

same vid better version

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/video?watch=8ahq1kgt8c

"RE: Sneak Peek Video"
Posted by parathor on 04-17-13 at 08:46 AM
I don't understand this image:

Posted by CTgirl on 04-17-13 at 10:08 AM
It's recycled - it's Laura. I think they needed a torch snuffing photo to play up the crazy tribal council and just chose her.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-17-13 at 11:05 AM
It's actually Allie (episode 2), but there were a few recycled images other than just that one. There's precedence - there have been past images inserted in previous seasons when something momentous is about to happen to help sell the hype.

Looking forward to tonight's episode!

"Melt Down Vid"
Posted by dabo on 04-17-13 at 02:23 PM
http://tv.yahoo.com/video/survivor-caramoan-clip-041613-223238137.html?format=embed&player_autoplay=false

Day 26

What's really odd is that Dawn is by herself, no one near her but crew. Cochran and Phillip are talking in the woods; Andrea, Brenda, Eddie, Erik, Malcolm, Reynold and Sherri are in camp.

"RE: Melt Down Vid"
Posted by CTgirl on 04-17-13 at 03:37 PM
Corinne said in one of her podcast interviews that Dawn crying was a daily occurrence. She'd usually walk to the well and have a cry by herself or take Corinne with her to calm her down. Now that Corinne is gone, I guess she's leaning on Brenda.

Cochran has set himself up well. If he can make it to the end with Phillip and Dawn, he has got the win hands down!

"RE: Melt Down Vid"
Posted by dabo on 04-17-13 at 03:47 PM
I don't know about that. Cochran's analysis is good game analysis, but that may not matter. People actually care about Dawn, have sympathy for her, and might be more willing to set aside their disappointment and acknowledge that she has been playing a smart game.