URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 804
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Danny Noriega v. Sanjaya"

Posted by Wiggle on 02-20-08 at 12:08 PM
People are comparing Danny Noriega to Sanjaya but I see some big differences --

- Sanjaya was as shocked as everyone else that he kept going forward.
* Danny Noriega seems like an entitled brat with an overinflated sense of his own talent.

- Sanjaya maintained a sense of humour and humility throughout
* Danny Noriega is arrogant drama queen with poor self-control -- has he never watched before? If you answer back to Simon you will be punished - he has a major tongue-lashing coming his way.

- Sanjaya knew that he didn't deserve to be there and had no misconceptions about his talent.
* Danny Noriega thinks he's G-d's gift.

- Once Simon got used to the idea that Sanjaya was unmovable, he joked around with him and accepted it.
* I suspect that Simon won't give Danny Noriega any slack whatsover because he hates being talked back to and he has no patience for this kind of spoiled brat.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Danny Noriega v. Sanjaya"
Posted by TeamJoisey on 02-21-08 at 00:05 AM
I'd rather watch Manuel Noriega.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Posted by agman on 02-22-08 at 10:09 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-23-08 AT 10:11 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-23-08 AT 10:04 PM (EST)

Danny Noriega definitely rubs me the wrong way. I would like to buy him for what I think he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth. I would make a fortune.

Sculpted by Tribe

Posted by The Sconnie on 02-23-08 at 02:24 PM
Danny is a little sassy pants. I loved to hate Sanjaya because he was sooooo bad but he owned his crappiness and played with it. He was just getting votes because he was having fun, but he knew he wasn't up to par. I don't like it when people talk back to the judges in general and D to A. N N Y has got to go!!.

Posted by agman on 02-26-08 at 03:33 PM
*snort* lol

Sculpted by Tribe

Posted by Ricky on 02-27-08 at 04:11 AM
Well an important point you missed is that Danny is a MUCH better singer than Sanjaya. Sure he's a Diva, but he can sing and it still is a singing competition.

Hope Monger

Posted by agman on 03-01-08 at 10:14 PM
Danny is a
>MUCH better singer than Sanjaya.

I'm not sure that's saying too much though.....

Sculpted by Tribe

Posted by anotherkim on 03-01-08 at 02:23 PM

They are both horrible for different reasons. I hope Danny is gone ASAP. He is NOT my American Idol.

Kimmah Says
--this is me being old and grumpy.

"Like I always say..."
Posted by zombiebaby on 03-04-08 at 11:20 AM
Sanjaya could have done it better.

Arkie's Art! He's real and he is looking for you!
"Bigfoot making the crop circles would expain a lot. Those size feet could tromp a lot over a night."~SurveySez

"RE: Like I always say..."
Posted by agman on 03-04-08 at 03:12 PM
I keep forgetting you are a Sanjaya fan!

Sculpted by Tribe

Posted by zombiebaby on 03-04-08 at 04:45 PM
No one does bad better than him!

Posted by agman on 03-04-08 at 06:14 PM
>No one does bad better than
>him!

True Dat!!

Sculpted by Tribe

Posted by CattyChat on 03-05-08 at 08:43 AM
I love them both for very different and similar reasons.

Sanjaya was not a strong singer, but he was my "Pickler" of the season -- entertaining, personality & brought some fun to the competition. Especially last season when it was full of the same old Diva after another.

Danny has a much stronger vocal ability and I think he is adorable and hilarious. I really think Simon is getting a kick out of Danny, too. You can see it Simon's eyes that he loves trying to get the sass out of Danny.

Like Sanjaya, I don't see Danny winning, but the competition needs him to break up the monotony and add some personality.

Bonus is, Danny can sing. Negative is, like Sanjaya, he is too young and inexperienced to know what songs best suit his abilities.

Posted by Glow on 03-07-08 at 10:07 AM
I do think Sanjaya could sing but once he took the stage in the final 12, nerves and poor song choices got him. He did bring the fun though for sure.

Danny has great vocals. Nerves never seemed to get to him but I guess the poor song choices did. I would have loved to have him in the final 12. I really like him a lot and so did my husband.

You'll be missed, Danny.

another JSlice masterpiece

Posted by LakerLuv on 03-06-08 at 08:56 PM
I really, really, REALLY can't stand Danny. I am hoping he's gone very soon because I can't enjoy the show the way I used because of his arrogance. I Tivo right through him every since he started popping off.

Posted by agman on 03-07-08 at 10:32 AM
Yes!!!!Danny is gone

Sculpted by Tribe