URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8028
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S26 Ep5 VidCaps"

Posted by tribephyl on 03-07-13 at 03:02 AM
*No Sources* Please use this thread as depository of vidcaps and discussion of vidcaps regarding the 5th episode.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"PostShow Promo"
Posted by tribephyl on 03-07-13 at 03:11 AM
Probst: Next time on Survivor, every season, there is one moment...
Brandon: I'm the author of my fate, buddy.
Probst: ...that no one will ever forget.
(Brandon pouring out rice)
Bikal Tribemates: No! No! No!
(Brandon pouring out beans)
(Brandon knocking over chair)
Brandon (screaming at Phillip): Come on you little b1tch. Now vote me out, b1tch!

"RE: PostShow Promo"
Posted by Estee on 03-07-13 at 10:23 AM
I'm trying to get a read on Dawn's expressions through the sequence. She seems to start out as something close to darkly bemused, while the lower photos -- well, it's possible for to see her as almost supportive of Brandon in those still shots (although there might be a bit of 'Come and get him. Yes, him. The yutz with the tattoos.'). I'm not sure the end pictures come from after the incident. Contrast this to Brenda (terrified) and Andrea (rubberneck shaken), which might have been captured while it was happening.

Note the position of Brandon's arms during the rice dump and the gradual increase in the container's tilt: he starts out hugging it to his body as if lifting a great weight, then gradually extends and lowers one end as the mass drops. Towards the end, there's a good chance he's gotten rid of just about all of it. If he's holding the bean container when Erik approaches, then he has gotten all of them -- it's upside-down and there's no visible sign of content fall, plus Brandon doesn't seem to be putting much effort into lifting it. I can't see if it's open, though -- lid or plug? No idea what the hanging bag is, or was.

(It's not pictured, but I'm wondering if he'd go after the other Reward items -- really take out any gains the tribe had made. Some things are more crucial than others.)

Erik's actions are rulebook-savvy here: he seems to be trying to stop Brandon with as little contact as possible, which could put Erik out of the game. If Brandon was being protected on a scale equal to one RussHell...

...disturbing thought, but I suspect the show may have finally had enough of this family. Or at least the males.

"RE: PostShow Promo"
Posted by suzzee on 03-07-13 at 01:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-13 AT 01:30 PM (EST)

Yes it looks like the rice was the first casualty as for the beans it looks like the beans are in the bag and may have escaped the Wrath of Hantz unless Erik can't get them away from the little jerk.

One can only hope this is the last of that brood.

I should be watched....closely.

"RE: S26 Ep5 VidCaps"
Posted by Arnold_Lorax2 on 03-07-13 at 11:53 AM
Now that Reynold has played the idle I'm pretty sure since it is pre-merge they will hide it again so the question is will he be the only one to look for it again?

Agman siggified me

Posted by suzzee on 03-07-13 at 01:26 PM
I would hope not although at this point nothing would surprise me. I don't remember anyone else even mentioning looking for the HII.

I should be watched....closely.

Posted by Bebo on 03-07-13 at 02:11 PM
Eddie would, since he's known how low on the totem pole he's been. And I think Sherri would to try and get her alliance back in line.

"S26 Ep5 Press Release Photos"
Posted by Sheldor on 03-07-13 at 06:29 PM
Survivor Caramoan Fans Vs Favorites
Episode 5 - Press Images
Date: 3.7.13
http://www.survivorfever.net/s26_ep5_press_images.html

"RE: S26 Ep5 Press Release Photos"
Posted by tribephyl on 03-07-13 at 07:01 PM
We have 2 challenges again.
Looks like the RC is a "basketball" type challenge you can see the nets and a big pile of coconuts.

The IC has a large structure with JP's stairs on the side.

Notice the remarkable change in the demeanor of the Bikal tribe.
Happy during RC introduction, NOT happy during IC introduction.
Brenda looks to be explaining that their food supply was dumped.
Brandon must have his breakdown between challenges.
Makes me think that Bikal loses RC.
I dare not call IC at this moment.

Posted by Estee on 03-07-13 at 07:24 PM
The Fans in that bottom shot are having a sextuple simul-cross between 'WTF?' and 'This is a joke, right?' Whole lot of surprise disbelief in the postures. Whatever's being said, it has their complete attention -- but not full trust.

I'm also looking at the Favorites cluster on the mat. Given the limited room available, the front row is putting as much distance between themselves and Brandon as possible. Cochran's position is odd given the 2D layering here... it feels as if he's closer to Brandon's spine than any of the others in the back row are to their linemates.

For the IC challenge itself, there has to be a second purple vertical trail out of immediate sight. Two people climbing per tribe at a time? One up and one down? Teams boosting each other up levels? Probably not that last: I don't think the levels are more than five feet or six high.

Posted by Sheldor on 03-07-13 at 07:48 PM
Also, Malcolm still has that bandage on his left hand

And now Brenda appears to have a boo boo on her left knee

Also surprised that Brandon comes to the Immunity Challenge without shoes, and Brenda is only wearing flip fops, and Malcolm too does not appear to be wearing shoes.

Posted by Arnold_Lorax2 on 03-07-13 at 08:04 PM
Excellent point on the shoes (or lack thereof)! What if the faves are so fed up with Brandon (and afraid for there lives) that they have no intentions at all of competing in the challenge? It would sure make for history to say to Jeff "we don't want to play this challenge let's have tribal council right here and now"

Agman siggified me

Posted by Estee on 03-07-13 at 08:14 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-13 AT 08:19 PM (EST)

Brandon might have just thrown several people's shoes into the fire, ocean, deepest pit, etc, during his sabotage run. The show hasn't cared about destruction of personal property before this, and he may have figured that action counted as safe.

Or just not cared. That's always an option.

ETA: As for Brandon's own shoes... I can see him destroying them as well, mostly by accident. Say there had been a rainstorm, everyone was drying their things by the fire, and he scooped up an armload... But I'm deep into pure guesswork here.

"Shoes Theory"
Posted by Bebo on 03-07-13 at 10:31 PM
Three people came in not wearing their shoes, and three have to sit out the challenge for the faves. They might have already decided who would not be competing at the IC. Since Brenda hurt her knee, it would make sense that they would bench her for the challenge.

Andrea's body language is quite telling to me. She looks completely uncomfortable next to Brandon and looks like she wants to get as far away from him as possible.

Then when they get to the challenge, the six favorites who are supposed to compete say they're not going to and say they want to go ahead and have TC so that they don't have to have Brandon back at the camp.

"RE: Shoes Theory"
Posted by dabo on 03-07-13 at 10:49 PM
I could see the idea of conceding the challenge coming up for discussion. But they may be contractually obligated to do the challenge anyway rather than just hand over immunity to the fans. They are there to make TV after all, and the challenges are a big part of making TV in Survivor. And Gota goes home with a victory rather than a win by default.

Posted by Bebo on 03-08-13 at 00:19 AM
But they may be contractually obligated to do the challenge anyway rather than just hand over immunity to the fans. They are there to make TV after all, and the challenges are a big part of making TV in Survivor.

Tribes have thrown challenges before. We've been told that something happens that hasn't happened before, so the Faves could make it so obvious that they have no intention of winning the challenge that they're allowed not to do it. After all of these seasons, it would be good TV to have something so unique happen, so if the Faves say they don't want to do the challenge and want to vote right away, that would be dramatic enough to be good TV. And given how cuckoo for cocoa puffs Shamar and Brandon have both been, the producers may be willing to let it happen so that no one else freaks out.

Posted by dabo on 03-08-13 at 00:39 AM
Right, but that decision would be by Probst and other producers on the ground. They could decide to allow it but only if there is a unanimous agreement between all the Bikal, as with the dumdum tribe in One World deciding to go to TC even though they had Immunity. Or not. While Gota would be happy with a win by default, it's much more in keeping with Survivor history to hold the challenge so that Gota goes home with a victory, Bikal goes home (or to TC) having gone through with throwing a challenge.

Posted by dabo on 03-07-13 at 10:40 PM
Brandon is wearing his shoes during the rampage.

Posted by Estee on 03-07-13 at 11:04 PM
I thought those were tattoos.

Posted by byoffer on 03-07-13 at 11:24 PM
Brandon's shoes are different in the rampage and in the first challenge. During the rampage they look like the canvas Converse Chuck Taylors, whereas during the RC they are more proper athletic shoes.

Brenda and Malcolm also have athletic shoes in the RC, and nothing/flip flops in the IC. Either shoes were burned, or more likely they are given some sort of hint about what sort of challenge clothing they will need in advance (like swim suit or not).

Posted by Sheldor on 03-08-13 at 08:20 AM
Good observations! I couldn't remember Brandon ever wearing those Brown Converse Chuck Taylor's before but he wore them off the helicopter.

Brenda often wears Flip Flops to challenges.

Here's what I found...

Ep1 RC/IC: Brenda in Flip Flops; Brandon in High Top Chuck Taylor's

Ep2 RC/IC: Brenda in Flip Flops; Brandon in Low Top athletic shoes

Ep4 RC: Brenda in Flip Flops; Brandon in Low Top athletic shoes

Ep4 Camp: Brenda in Flip Flops; Brandon Bare Foot

Ep4 IC: Brenda in Low Top athletic shoes; Brandon in Low Top athletic shoes

Ep5 RC: Brenda in Low Top athletic shoes; Brandon in Low Top athletic shoes

Ep5 IC: Brenda in Flip Flops; Brandon Bare Foot

Posted by michel on 03-08-13 at 08:33 AM
Nice work but they bring bags to challenges so I'd think that Brenda walks in wearing flip-flops but has shoes ready depending on the challenge.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-08-13 at 09:42 AM
But you can clearly see in the last two pictures that the Faves came to the immunity challenge without any bags nor did Brandon/Malcolm/Brenda have any appropriate shoes.

Posted by michel on 03-09-13 at 07:02 PM
In this one. The others, they did have bags. That makes me think they had decided to throw the challenge. Although they could have had bags but had to re-film the scene and simply dropped the bags in between shots.

Posted by dabo on 03-07-13 at 11:34 PM

Did Brandon hide the Immunity Idol?
Where is it?

Posted by Sheldor on 03-08-13 at 08:16 AM
I noticed that too. Possibly Malcolm or Phillip is carrying the Immunity Idol in the 1st photo and have already given it to Jeff in the 1st photo.

Or maybe Brandon DESTROYED the Immunity Idol during his rampage!

Posted by Estee on 03-09-13 at 05:00 PM
Guessing here, but the idol is probably one of the few things any camera operators in camp would have tried to save from Brandon's rampage: show property. They may have confiscated it and brought it to IC themselves.

"Wow! The Cat's out"
Posted by michel on 03-09-13 at 06:37 PM
Latest promo tells all:

It's Brandon vs Phillip.

They are at the challenge area and Phillip looks at Brandon saying: You need to grow up

Brandon, standing away from the tribe and next to Jeff replies: You need to shut up.

Jeff says: We are having Tribal Council right now!

"Episode 5 Promo"
Posted by Sheldor on 03-09-13 at 08:48 PM
Episode 5 Promo

Date: 3.9.13

Transcript:

Announcer: It's Brandon versus Phillip and a shocking showdown.

Phillip: You need to grow up.

Brandon: You need to shut up.

Jeff Probst: We're having Tribal Council right now.

Announcer: You've never seen Survivor like this.

"RE: Wow! The Cat's out"
Posted by dabo on 03-09-13 at 08:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-13 AT 08:52 PM (EST)

It's so bad he gets some Jiffy love.

(Sheldor beat me to posting with just seconds to spare!)

"RE: Wow! The Cat's out"
Posted by Sheldor on 03-09-13 at 09:01 PM
>(Sheldor beat me to posting with just seconds to spare!)

Sorry about that Dabo!

> It's so bad he gets some Jiffy love.

Yeah, and everyone always comments that Jeff is much shorter then they expected and look how much taller Jeff is than Brandon!

Also, some good close ups on Malcolm's injury.

"Episode 5 Pic in Pic Promo"
Posted by Sheldor on 03-09-13 at 08:55 PM
Episode 5 Pic in Pic Promo

Date: 3.9.13

Transcript:

Announcer: Two castaways clash in the biggest conflict in Survivor history. And a tribal council like you've never seen before.

"RE: Episode 5 Pic in Pic Promo"
Posted by dabo on 03-09-13 at 08:57 PM

sitting out the rc

Posted by Sheldor on 03-09-13 at 09:13 PM
There should be 3 people on the sit out bench. That looks like Andrea(?) and Erik on the sit out bench and Corinne(?) but she appears closer and appears to be standing up and leaning over.

In this photo looks like Dawn, Andrea, and Erik on the sit out bench.

Posted by tribephyl on 03-09-13 at 09:34 PM
There are three sitouts; Dawn, Andrea and Erik. Dawn's face is obscured by the CBSlogo.

"RC"
Posted by tribephyl on 03-09-13 at 10:31 PM
2 coconut nets per tribe. 2 survivors on the nets, 4 survivors tossing coconuts into the opposing tribes nets.
The 4 tossers stand behind the net holders.
The tossers will try to fill up the opposing tribe's nets with enough coconuts to have the survivors lose grip on the rope causing the coconut net to fall. Both nets fallen loses challenge.

Bikal SitOuts: Dawn, Andrea and Erik.
Corrine underhanding a coconut towards the Gota net.

Corrine, Brenda, Malcolm and Cochran Tossing for Bikal. (Corrine and Cochran? Really? Well. It is RC.)
Reynold, Eddie, Sherri and Julia Tossing for Gota.

Phillip and Brandon holding the ropes for Bikal's coconut nets.
Michael and Matt holding the ropes for Gota's coconut nets.

What's evident is that the weight of both Brandon and Phillip's coconut nets has them sitting down for maximum leverage. Both Micheal and Matt seem to be at a much higher angle and would suggest that their nets do not weigh nearly as much.
A Bikal loss leads into Brandon's blowout.

"RE: RC"
Posted by Sheldor on 03-11-13 at 11:16 AM
Good analysis tribephyl! And considering who is tossing the coconuts:

Gota: Reynold, Eddie, Sheri, Julia
vs
Bikal: Malcolm, Brenda, Corinne, Cochran

It would seem like an easy win for Gota. Bikal obviously is planning on sitting out Brenda, Corinne, and Cochran in the IC gaining Erik, Andrea, and Dawn; good decision though it looks like the IC is not going to happen.

Posted by Arnold_Lorax2 on 03-11-13 at 03:18 PM
To play devil's advocate here I see it that the Gota men are off balance and not using proper leverage so it is all arm and they will fatigue quicker. Phillip has great leverage and he is using his legs the strongest muscles and will not tire as quickly IMO. Brandon has decent leverage. I wouldn't be surprised looking at this pic if Phillip outlasts all of them and once again wins a challenge for his tribe.

Day 12/13 out there can be that point in time when Brandon's medication is wearing off and he is unstable. It wouldn't take much of anything for him to blow up at his tribe. In fact I bet he is getting frustrated with all of the winning that his tribe is doing and it gives him no room to move up the food chain.

He is on the outside of the majority alliance since day 1 and his arch rival pink panther pants can't do anything wrong. As much as Brandon wants to play the game his way he hasn't got nothing on Phillip. It makes sense that his frustration builds as he pre-planned to be destructive like his uncle. Unfortuntly for us we have to watch him act like a putz.

Agman siggified me

Posted by michel on 03-11-13 at 03:24 PM
I have to go with Arnold here and add that Matt was beaten by Fran in the first challenge so did the Fans make a good choice?

Posted by tribephyl on 03-11-13 at 07:31 PM
I believe I might just learn a lesson when you play devil's advocate. Considering the last time, you were the only one in the know.

Posted by Sheldor on 03-12-13 at 05:18 PM
Yeah, I too thought that it looked like Michael and Matt "are off balance and not using proper leverage" vs Brandon/Phillip anchoring down. However the Challenge Preview shows the Dream Team members standing up and raising and lowering the baskets to try to make the other team miss; so maybe that is what Michale and Matt are doing.

Posted by Arnold_Lorax2 on 03-12-13 at 09:43 PM
I saw that too I wonder if that strategy worked for the dream teamers though sure seams like a lot of stress on the arms that way.

Agman siggified me

"S26 Ep5 3.10.13 Pic in Pic Promo"
Posted by Sheldor on 03-11-13 at 11:01 AM
Episode 5 Pic in Pic Promo

Date: 3.10.13

http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s26_ep5_pip_3_10.html

Transcript:

Announcer: Two castaways clash in the biggest conflict in Survivor history. And a tribal council like you've never seen before.

"S26 Ep5 Web Promo "Persona Non Grata""
Posted by Sheldor on 03-12-13 at 03:16 AM
Episode 5 Web Promo

Date: 3.11.13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HCJ-EB13t4

Transcript:

Announcer: It's Brandon versus Phillip and a shocking showdown.

Phillip (to Brandon): I'm not sure I can trust you.

Brandon (camera confessional): I don't need no old 54 year old punk...

Announcer: CBS, Wednesday, ticking time bombs...

Brandon: Right now I'm a little bit aggravated...

Phillip: I'm not gonna put up with it anymore.

Announcer: ...out of control....

Brandon (pouring rice out, rampaging around camp): Now throw me out buddy!

Announcer: ...over the edge!

Brandon: I'm the author of my fate!

Announcer: And for the first time ever...

Phillip: You need to grow up.

Brandon: You need to shut up.

Announcer: ...an emergency intervention will shock everyone.

Jeff Probst: We're having Tribal Council right now.

Announcer: You've never seen a Survivor like this.

"RE: S26 Ep5 Reward Challenge Promo"
Posted by Sheldor on 03-12-13 at 03:23 AM
Reward Challenge Promo - Episode 5

Date: 3.11.13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp2egy6F7pg

Transcript:

John Kirhoffer (Survivor Challenges Producer): Today's challenge, we call this one, "Nut Bucket." Tribes will choose two players who will a rope that is attached to a big basket. The rest of the tribe, the other four members will then race to a pile of coconuts, run to their tribe mat and then throw the coconut into the opposing tribe's basket. When enough coconuts get in there it's going to get very, very heavy. When the strain becomes too much they drop the basket. Last player standing holding up a basket of coconuts, wins for their tribe.

Posted by FartSparkleBarbie on 03-13-13 at 09:03 AM
(If this is old news...sorry). I'm just excited to try and post my first photo! LOL

In the latest video, it looks like Eric is holding the idol.

Posted by Sheldor on 03-13-13 at 12:36 PM
Good catch! Here is a close up of the Immunity Idol that PepeLePew13 posted before Episode 2. Seems to match the top of the idol at the center.

"Gota Tribe Episode 5 Video"
Posted by FartSparkleBarbie on 03-13-13 at 09:25 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-13-13 AT 09:27 AM (EST)

Not sure how to embed this video...it was on Sherri's twitter page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42iO0Apfsck&feature=youtu.be

"Survivor: Caramoan - Persona Non Grata (Sneak Peek) "
Posted by Sheldor on 03-13-13 at 04:20 PM
Thanks FartSparkleBarbie !

Here is a link to the official CBS YouTube version of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiByFsKCQN8

Survivor Fever hasn't posted screen caps yet. Here is my attempt at a transcript:

Transcript

Gota Day 13

Raining with Gota tribe in their shelter

Michael (tidying up camp): We could set ourselves up so that when the sun does appear everything is ready to dry...

Matt: Well, I don't want to do anything. My feet are just jacked

Matt (confessional): I've been wet for like two days straight and my feet just look like a dead person's feet. I can barely move my toes and it feels like I'm walking on nails.

Michael: We are not going to get out of this situation by staying in the hut. You know, that's my tought.

Michael (confessional): Camp life at Gota has been a long strand of Hell. We are failing at all levels of Survivor but we have to do something. You know we can't just wallow under the palm fronds (see Matt laying down in the shelter shivering) and hope that everything is going to get better. Cause it's not.

THUNDER - HEAVY RAIN

Someone (Matt?) moans. Eddie puts palm fronds over the fire

Eddie (confessional): It's been raining for almost 48 hours straight now. I have a definite head cold. I know that for a fact. All my clothes are wet. Everything I've been sleeping in is wet. Everything I wear during the day is wet. It just sucks. It's not a good situation we are in right now.

Reynold: This fire... does it have any chance?

Eddie: Uh. It's the best I can do.

Reynold: Ok... The joke is up. We are all in a Hollywood studio. Let's turn of the wind effects please.

Matt: This sucks! I want my mommy!

"Persona Non Grata (Sneak Peek 2)"
Posted by Sheldor on 03-13-13 at 04:37 PM
Survivor: Caramoan - Persona Non Grata (Sneak Peek 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFQ7f0CvH40

Survivor Fever has not yet posted screen caps nor transcript. Here is my transcript...

Transcript

Before the Immunity Challenge (note Erik holding the Immunity Idol)

Jeff: Reynold, you had a long wet rainy night last night. What's the impact on the tribe.

Reynold: Well I mean... I guess it's a testament to how hard this game really is. (Jeff nods, Reynold addresses the Faves) Like, from our point of view you guys are winning the rewards, you guys have this plush shelter with the tarp, and your rocking chairs, and the pillows (Corinne laughs), and your steak dinners, and you're drinking your bottles of wine (cut to Brandon looking down and depressed) Having a good old time (Erik shakes his head no) and like... What it boils down to is this game is extremely hard even if you win every single challenge (Sherri and Dawn nod). Nobody is immune from these elements (Brenda nods) In a sense we are all in this together (Corinne nods).

Jeff: Cochran, what happens when fatigue sets in to the mood and the morale...?

Cochran: It damages the morale. You feel tired. You feel worse. You get a little bit grumpy. It rubs off on other people. It's not good for anybody.

Jeff: Brandon, how are you doing?

Brandon: Not doing to well Jeff. Uh, had a little outburst this morning. Uh, with Phillip actually. And I kind of want to talk to the other tribe...

Posted by Arnold_Lorax2 on 03-13-13 at 05:31 PM
Since we know that there will be no IC and they are going to hold TC at the IC how are they going to fill the rest of the episode.

We are shown the clip of the miserable Gota's.
We know there will be a reward challenge
We are shown the clip of Brandon's rant post RC

I guess it is possible in the break of the rain stopping that Gota could look for and someone could find the newly rehidden immunity idle that Renold played last time.

Please don't tell me that Brandon's explosion takes any more than 5 minutes of our screen time. Ugh

Agman siggified me

"Yahoo TV Brandon's Meltdown Exclusive Photos"
Posted by Sheldor on 03-13-13 at 05:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-13-13 AT 05:58 PM (EST)

'Survivor: Caramoan': Brandon's Meltdown (Exclusive Photos)

http://tv.yahoo.com/photos/survivor-caramoan-brandon-s-meltdown-slideshow/survivor-caramoan-fans-vs-favorites-persona-non-grata-photo-1618636313.html

On this Wednesday's episode of "Survivor: Caramoan," Brandon Hantz gets so upset with Philip, he stuns the rest of his tribe by wreaking havok at the Bikal camp -- a preview clip (http://tv.yahoo.com/video/survivor-caramoan-persona-non-grata-181129120-cbs.html) shows him flipping over a chair and dumping out the rice before exclaiming, "Now vote me off, buddy!" His rampage continues during the challenge, leading to what host Jeff Probst is calling a history-making moment. Click through this slideshow to see the exclusive photos from the episode Probst shared with Yahoo! TV.

I hope these 5 Photos show up!

1 of 5 Photos

"I use the time when (the castaways) are walking in for a
challenge to assess their mental attitude and physical
condition." — Jeff Probst

2 of 5 Photos

"The moment before a challenge starts is always exciting because
in that brief moment... anything is possible." — Jeff Probst

3 of 5 Photos

"I was a bit shocked this season when I saw how many tattoos
Brandon had added to his body, but I appreciate that he always
wears his emotions on his sleeve." — Jeff Probst