URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8021
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor #26: Maybe-Fans vs. Not-Favorites Episode #3 East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by Estee on 02-27-13 at 05:28 PM
Please keep all airtime discussion of tonight's episode on this thread until midnight EST, during which period I will attempt to figure out why I am wasting my precious energy on starting this thread. Seriously, do you have any idea how many fractions of a calorie I'm expending in getting this thing posted? I could just lie around and gather my strength for that one crucial moment of sarcasm. That would benefit the site more than the week-to-week activity of starting threads, right? In fact, you should be thanking me for caring enough about the rest of you to pass all the work over to someone else. I'm just really considerate that way. In fact, tell you what: why don't I not start any show threads for the rest of the season and at the end of the finale, y'all pay me back by handing over a million dollars?

...what do you mean, 'not a winning strategy'?

It's not as if I'm going to pray for it.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"He prioritized for just this occasion."
Posted by Estee on 02-27-13 at 09:06 PM
We now know what Shamar was saving his strength for.

And he saved a lot of it.

Reason? Left that at home.

"Here we go...."
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-27-13 at 09:06 PM
*waves to Estee!** Thrilled to see you lurking and posting here, someone's got to entertain us during the show!

For your contributions to this site, Estee, I would give you a million bucks....too bad for you I just don't have it! ...

Previously on Survivor...Reynold and Shamuu go at it...the couples allinance on the goats, but Phillip's alliance at Bikal is in charge, and Brandon calls Phil "inspector gadget and threatens, but you don't want to fight with me...

Fans lose the IC, Reynold said he's voting Shamu, but Sherri had other plans, Shamu was her Phillip....at TC, Reynold revealed his idol, but it didn't sway the tribe in voting out his closest ally, 18 left....

see a slice of a moon, Gota night 5, see a rat....Shamu wants to talk about it, Matt, in conf: was sweating it because I was at the crossroad, less then 30 seconds for it to hit the fan...Reynold says you need me to win, but, I don't trust anyone here now....Shamu says, it was your plan to write my name down...Eddie says it wasn't my plan to write your name down...girls are noticing how dramatic it is..Laura in conf, you would think that since I saved shamar's a$$ that he would shut up...
Conf Michael...Shamu was yelling at everybody...see him pointing at Julia....Laura conf continued: he's been thru alot, 2 tours in Iraq...he's shown going ballistic to Matt...why are you getting on me...Laura says that part of Shamu that was fun....IS COMPLETELY GONE!

"RE: Here we go...."
Posted by Estee on 02-27-13 at 09:14 PM
Sherri's assessment of all people 24 or less as teenage brats worries me. There's way too much condescension there. Getting rid of the young guns may be her way of clearing out her local world -- and tells us something about possible control freak tendencies.

"Keep Hope Alive!"
Posted by michel on 02-27-13 at 09:06 PM
There's hope for Hope since she didn't have a confessional in the intro. If she doesn't have one in the next 10 minutes then she may survive not to speak another week!

"RE: Survivor #26: Maybe-Fans vs. Not-Favorites Episode #3 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 02-27-13 at 09:09 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-13 AT 09:12 PM (EST)

They are NOT showing Survivor in NC - instead, they are showing the NC State/Boston College Basketball game. So ... I need play-by-play information!

ETA... Where's Pepe when I need him.

Hey Michel ... FloPo ... get with the program!!

"RE: Survivor #26: Maybe-Fans vs. Not-Favorites Episode #3 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by Bebo on 02-27-13 at 10:05 PM
They are NOT showing Survivor in NC - instead, they are showing the NC State/Boston College Basketball game.

Cmon Scarlett...you don't want to wait until 1:37am like the rest of us?

"Post previous TC drama..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-27-13 at 09:13 PM
So, if the fans go to TC again, Shamu is one of the 2 boot choices....at least that's my take on the opening scene...

See clouds and sunrise, Gota day 6, see Reynold...we had our heads chopped off, revenge of the nerds...Reynold conf: congrats to them, they got us...they are the vast minority until Shamu pisses someone else off...Eddie conf: Shamu is a freeloader and lazy, just want him gone.

See Sherrie tell Shamu to keep your mouth shut...they know that Eddie and Reynold are trying to push your buttons, they know you are vocal...it may not be your game, but ..Sherr in conf: she has come across people with this attitude, she deals with snotty brats all day, so she understands Shamar...he says he can't get along, it's not my kind of lifestyle...he really wanted the million, but now, it's not worth it to him, he questions how much he should be in this game....

See the FAVS, eric sleeping on the sand, they are all over the place sleeping, see Brenda doing exercises, Phillip: I am 54 and know how to take care of myself, I work out, playing basketball with men half my age, I go for it, all air against guys twice my size, you could play NBA ball, I'm old school!

Corrine in conf: talking, what will we do if there is a switch...Andrea and Phil have connection, Dawn and Coch have a connection, so me and Malc....go looking for the idol...Malc is finding it, no WAY ! She jumps on him...Congrats we found the idol...finally, Malc in conf: says he has some power in his back pocket....in a perfect world Corrine wouldn't know about it, but now, our wagons are hitched together right now, nobody knows, See them...promise, they pinky swear, Malc says "done!" Game, set, match!

Posted by michel on 02-27-13 at 09:13 PM
It looks like Shamar will be the one leaving but will we see him asking to be voted out?

"Pre-challenge..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-27-13 at 09:15 PM
So, Corrine and Malcolm find the HII, Malc is the one that reached in the tree and found it...techncally, it's his...he buried it to hide it...uh oh....will he be able to find it again?

Back to the show...

"RE: Pre-challenge..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-27-13 at 09:24 PM
see the beach, Bikal day 6....in the shelter and Phil is outside with a straw basket over his head. Conf: Cochr...he is sitting in Phil's seat and puts the basket on his head, he gets to watch survivor while I am playing survivor, it's great....the wirerd thing, it's not normal for me to be surrounded by all these beautiful women wearing their underwear...it's real here...

See Coch and Andrea watching Corrine and Malc...Andrea doesn't like Corrine, she wants her out, because she has intense connections with Malc...they are plotting to get Corrine out...she wouldn't make a move now, get rid of her before she gets rid of me...see Andrea talking to Phillip now, and Phillip says that he will do it...Brandon and Cochran talking with Andrea...he says that he would do anything, he's good...Brandon has been told that he is safe, but there is a voice in the back of his head that tells him there is lying going on...I'll pee in the rice, the shelter, burn it to the ground, I will try 150 percent in challenges, if we lose there will be hell to pay in camp...

Gota day 6, Shamu in shelter, see Sherri...he says that happiness is not worth a million, I am not going to be the happy black man here...it sucks if I have to quit this game, is not quitting worth not being happy...Laura says I know that your decision is probably made up, but I don't want you to quit....Laura says in conf we are all fans of the show and don't want a quitter.

Shamar says when he came back from Iraq he was in a dark place, situations that happened that were hard for him to live with, friends in body bags, bad stuff, after some time I have learned to love my self, came out of the dark place but I came here, and it's put me in an anger mode, I want to get that happiness back in my life....we don't want you to regret it...Sherri says that he will look back with regret if he quits....She says if you quit and we lose then we will have to vote out someone else out, 2 people....Shamar says he would do a disservice to them if he quit now, because I respect you I will stay and help you a few more days....Basically, in the shelter, Shamar, Julie, Laura, Sherri, and Shamar tells them he wants to quit and they talk him out of it, and he says he won't quit because he is loyal to them.

Reynold: conf: knew he wouldn't quit, now he's a hero to them for not quitting....I will play my game and Shamu is one of the factors of my game and I am just going to have to deal with it...

"RE: Pre-challenge..."
Posted by CTgirl on 03-01-13 at 10:24 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-13 AT 10:25 AM (EST)

Why call a show FANS versus Favs and cast someone who wants to quit in week 3? The ghost of Chet...

Posted by Estee on 02-27-13 at 09:15 PM
Okay, seriously: a thousand dollars, you pay my airfare plus lost work income for the travel time, and I'll hide the @#$% idols.

"Brandon lies on camera."
Posted by Estee on 02-27-13 at 09:19 PM
There's a voice in the back of his head?

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 02-27-13 at 09:22 PM
Oh the pain ......... THE PAIN!!!!

What happened to everyone on this thread? No one is giving any blow by blows here ... where the HECK is Pepe? We need Pepe in the house! How about you Michel? Give me something to go on.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-27-13 at 09:23 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-13 AT 09:23 PM (EST)

Sorry, I've been kind of busy tonight with the kids while also keeping an eye on the show!

(And isn't FloPo already giving play-by-play? Look up.)

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 02-27-13 at 09:26 PM
Flo Po is doing a poor job of things. She must have skipped typing class in high school or she is conveniently waiting to type anything until a commercial comes along ...

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-27-13 at 09:29 PM
Heh... that's how FloPo has always done it - she types out a whole segment in one post then it's posted when the commercials come on.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-27-13 at 09:22 PM
Is Hope even still on the island? You'd never know as she hasn't been shown a single time so far in this episode, even with Eddie and Reynold around.

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 02-27-13 at 09:24 PM
OH THERE IS A GOD! Welcome Pepe LePew!!!

Michel is already calling for a Shamar boot tonight. Hope is safe.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-27-13 at 09:28 PM
I still think it's Hope. She had a tweet that went out the day or two after Episode 3 was filmed last June - sure, somebody could easily have posted it for her, but it seemed funny to have one tweet after Episode 3 was filmed then nothing until she came home.

Posted by michel on 02-27-13 at 10:33 PM
No, Hope was hopeless. Didn't even get a confessional until the last segment. Shamar stayed for some reason.

Posted by dabo on 02-27-13 at 09:27 PM
Thought I caught a brief glimpse of her when tehy came back from TC. Then Shamar started the Shamar Show and I guess she went and hid to be out of the line of fire. She's trying to get so far under the radar that they forget she's there.

"Sherri = Kate Gosselin."
Posted by Estee on 02-27-13 at 09:24 PM
And now you can't unsee it.

"RE: Sherri = Kate Gosselin."
Posted by rachelOH63 on 02-27-13 at 11:03 PM
>And now you can't unsee it.

No. Sherri = Sandra Bullock in "Blind Side". And NOW you can't unsee it!

"RE: Sherri = Kate Gosselin."
Posted by Round Robin on 02-28-13 at 04:34 AM
Sherri ain't no Kate Gosselin, that's for damn sure. Sherri owns several franchises and deals with 24 & under year old employees all day. Kate would go wacko and hang herself if she had to do that for 1 nanosecond. Sherri is pretty damn nice looking for a 41 year old, but if Kate stripped naked in front of me I'd jump off the nearest bridge. No comparison at all.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-27-13 at 09:33 PM
Wow, Laura is absolutely useless. She can't swim, had to be dragged along by one of the others, then she had trouble going underwater to get out of the cage, and then she just stood around while the rest dragged in the chest from the ocean.

She really is the daughter of Karbunkle, from the old Mad Magazine articles...

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-27-13 at 09:46 PM
...and Shamar is quite possibly the dumbest, worst player in Survivor history after his reveal to Hope of the voting plan. Idiot!

"Challenge...."
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-27-13 at 09:36 PM
So, Shamar vs the cool kids at Goata, and Corrine is in the crosshairs at Bikal....

Here we go:

Day 7, Challenge Beach...see them come in...Brandon holds up the II and screams...Allie voted out at the last TC...Immunity back up for grabs, both tribes race to water to large bamboo cage, climb over get chest and drag to shore, then place on trap and use grappling hook to move the track, get chest on finish platform and win...reward: comfort, pillows, chairs, tarp, rope...9 vs. 9...

Survivors ready, GO! For immunity and reward...strong swimmers on both tribes and not so strong on both, see Coch and Dawn...can't work on knots until everyone is in, Laura slow, and reynold is helping her....they jump in the cage, favs are in first...untie the front door of the cage...Fans get theirs open, and start dragging the chest...Favs are falling behind, Brandon is working on it, and brenda helps to get it....both tribes now dragging chest....great work by the fans, moving in mass toward that beach...favs still trying to get a system going, fans ahead, favs falling further behind....takes all 9 to lift the chest....now favs have caught up, favs up on track first and Malc tossing to grab piece of missing track and Reynold has it, fans have first section of track, now Phil is tossing and has it....they are done, now eddie tossing for fans and misses, and now Malc and he has it, and they pull ahead, and then Shamar is tossing and he hooks it, then next section, trying to get thid and final section of track...Brandon misses, and Eddie misses....Brandon misses, and Eddie misses, and brandon has it and they pull, and Eddie needs to pick up the pace and just misses, and fans need to hook it and they don't. Favorites win immunity and reward, and they scream, Phil barks.

This challenge was neck and neck, but only one wins...enjoy night off Favs...Fans, someone going home, they show Sherri, then Shamu...

Laura, Malcolm, and Sherri shown as the players of the week....geez, how do they decide on them???

"RE: Challenge...."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-27-13 at 09:37 PM

>This challenge was neck and neck,
>but only one wins...enjoy night
>off Favs...Fans, someone going home,
>they show Sherri, then Shamu...

They showed Hope before panning to Sherri and Shamar.

"Pre-TC drama..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-27-13 at 09:38 PM
So, it's Shamuu or one of the cool kids. So far Hope is seen visually but not heard from

"RE: Pre-TC drama..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-27-13 at 09:51 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-13 AT 10:06 PM (EST)

Shamu says don't talk to me Reynold, I have contacts and I needed the goggles, I said I needed them and you took them....they argue. Reynold says that he goes off on me, he's less mature than my 3 year old nephew...see the cool boys talking about immature Shamuu

Laura admitting she sucked, she did, couldn't swim as fast...I blew it, I was pathetic, of the three that are on the outs right now, we need the strength of Eddie and Reynold, so we need to vote out Hope...see Laura talking to Sherri and Matt...they are thinking of splitting the vote, Hope and Eddie...Girls are voting for Hope, boys vote for Eddie...then Shamar says it will be 3 hope, 3 eddie, and 3 me....Sherri says in conf I just need Shamar to do what I tell him

See Shamar tell Hope that she is next and everyone wants to vote you out tonight. Hope can't see Reynold giving me the idol, it's a risky move....Shamar says that he is not voting or her tonight, she appreciates it...He wans to vote to go a different way, it depends on which way you want to go....Shamar conf: I want Hope to stay, I wanted to give her a safer way to go, so I basically said, all you have to do is to vote for Eddie to save yourself...see Hope tell Julia that Shamar told me to vote for Eddie so Eddie would go. julia in conf: Shamar just told Hope our plan....and she tells all of them, Laura at this point is a wild card, he probably won't vote with us, Laura says she is worried if something were to go wrong it's probably my name on the chpping block...she goes to Reynold...of course he will vote Shamar...Reynold will guarentee 3 for Shamar...if you can get Julia, Reynold says hopefully we send Shamu packing tonight, it will be like Christmas...

TC:

So Reynold, any fallout when you got back to camp...yes, but I heard Shamu screaming at everyon, it's par for his course....Shamar...you are on the hotseat again...what's up, I'm the scapegoat...I am not that misunderstood, these people are lying...Reynold...he has a policy that I am not allowed to talk to me, and he sitill does it....Jiffy says it is a social game...Shamar thinks Reynold is an evil person, just leave me alone. Hope tells everyone it's 99 percent chance you are going home so turn on your friends and vote out Eddie...Shamar says you lie, it's keep the heat off of me...

Jiffy says, why does Shamar feel picked on...Matt says his personality rubs people the wrong way....after TC, Julie tells Jiffy that he screamed at me, you are weak, blah blah....Shamar says this is the problem, people embellish what I do...Sherri what is it that this one guy is taking all of this heat but he says that he isn't do anything...once you cross him he cannot go back, and in his mind they have crossed him and Shamar hagrees. Hope says that she is concerned, but she wants Shamar gone because he brings so much bad energy to the tribe....Eddie says that yes, I have a target on my back too, Shamar hates me too, I am not allowed to talk to him either, he's on the list because he's a follower to the real one I don't like (Reynold)...Reynold says that this is a poker game now, between him and I and who will get voted out first. Michael is up as first voter...

Eddie: Shamar, thanks for serving our country, good luck
see them voting
see Hope
Vote Tally

"Vote Tally"
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-27-13 at 09:52 PM
No one plays the HII

Votes:
Shamar
Hope
Shamar
Hope
Shamar
Hope
Eddy
Eddie
Eddie

Three way tie!!!

REVOTE: Can only vote for Hope, Eddy, Shamar and Hope, Eddy, Shamar: you will NOT vote....

"Revote..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-27-13 at 09:54 PM
Vote Tally, Hope says, OH Man...

Votes:

Shamar
Hope
Hope
Hope
Hope

She's done....

Hope the tribe has spoken, see Reynold and Eddie...Jiffy: Well there are 2 ways to look at tonights TC, more dysfunction or as an opportunity to change your story....head back to camp!

"RE: Vote Tally"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-27-13 at 09:57 PM
Huzzah... I called the 3-3-3 vote this afternoon on Twitter with the revote going to Hope.

Posted by Estee on 02-27-13 at 09:39 PM
Y'know, that grip used to get Phillip over the fence looked familiar. Like last Sunday familiar.

Slightly weird challenge. Pretty much straight-line movement, but the weight might have been excessive from the start plus this season's obsession with throwing things means the next item tossed may be my cookies. I swear they switched the recruitment point from bars to carnivals.

Chairs? Well, at least it's not a couch.

"Someone notify Rachel."
Posted by Estee on 02-27-13 at 09:48 PM
Float on, Shamar, float on.

"Next week."
Posted by dabo on 02-27-13 at 10:00 PM
Things get bad for the fans when the hurricane hits and the rats come out.

"Next time on Survivor....:"
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-27-13 at 10:02 PM
Next time on Survivor...

Storming...at night, Eddie says to the others in the shelter: where do you think we are gonna go from here now...
the fans think they have hit rock bottom
see Eddie telling Sherri...didn't you say you wanted the strongest team possible, and sherri says....YES, I said that, YES, I said that...
Jiffy: but nature proves them wrong...a male says: a hurricane, now the rats as we see rats scampering all over the shelter and them...

Now I am really really disappointed, I definately thought I should have stayed out here longer, she thought she was a strong player, definitely feel I am leaving before my time. But, I did feel like this was an incredible experience...I feel really grateful for the opportunity

"Question:"
Posted by michel on 02-27-13 at 10:41 PM
Laura was afraid that she'd get 3 votes from the cool kids and then maybe someone on her side would mess up and she'd be voted out. So we saw her talking to Reynold about flipping the vote to Shamar and getting Julia to go along. However, both girls voted Hope as originally planned.

My question: Do you think she was seriously considering voting Shamar? Even if Julia refused to vote Shamar, Laura could have gotten rid of him 4-3-2. Was it only a trick to make sure the 3 votes from the outsiders don't go to her? Did she get cold feet?

If Laura only talked to Reynold to avoid votes, it's pretty smart. Dangerous but smart.

"RE: Question:"
Posted by dabo on 02-27-13 at 10:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-13 AT 10:51 PM (EST)

I think she suckered Reynold to deflect the vote away from herself, because she was afraid someone might Tyson the split vote plan and the idol might come out. If she talked to Julia at all about it she probably just explained that she'd convinced Reynold to have the Kewl Kids vote Shamar because the two of them would vote with them, just so Julia would know to play along if any of the Kewl Kids asked her about it.

Head in the game, that Laura.

Posted by michel on 02-27-13 at 10:57 PM
That's what I think also. But it is a dangerous way to play. Who will believe her if Reynold calls her out? Even if they do believe that she was loyal to the alliance, it shows that she is very strategic.

Posted by dabo on 02-28-13 at 03:02 PM
If Reynold calls her out? Having thought about it, I think it probable that he will make some noise about it, though he may not get in her face directly. The Shamar Show is likely to start up again as soon as they get back to camp.

This may just increase Laura's value to Sherri's alliance if Sherri thinks ahead to swap games and merge games. But Sherri might want to reign her in a bit, or just mark her down as someone who can't be allowed to reach Final.

Posted by michel on 02-28-13 at 06:07 PM
Well Reynold can't really afford more enemies. In his place, I'd go to her in private, asking what happened. It could be that Laura and Julia changed their mind at the last minute because of Hope's stupid answer to Shamar. They may still be available to him and Eddie. That would make it 4-4 but who would risk a purple rock on Shamar? Not Matt, that's for sure.

If Laura doesn't give the answer that Reynold wants then he should start with the threat to call her out, see if that rattles her. If not, then Reynold should call her out to everyone, show her disloyalty.

Posted by dabo on 02-28-13 at 07:50 PM
Alright, I'll assume the lunkhead thinks of doing exactly that ... ... ...

BUAAAAAAA-HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Her disloyalty? To whom has she been disloyal? Not to anyone in Sherri's alliance? Perhaps he could try to spin it that she threw Shamar to the wolves, but Shamar was expecting to get those votes anyway (he assumed he wouldn't have to revote and write down Hope's name).

Whatever, the guy has nothing to lose, he should try anything he can think of to help himself in the game. Her actions did convince him he should keep the HII in his pocket; but that's not disloyalty so much as inadvertently screwing up the flush plan. He needs to get it right what he can hold over her head.

Posted by michel on 03-01-13 at 08:31 AM
?? You puzzle me when you laugh at the idea of Reynold trying different approaches before outing Laura and then saying he should try anything. Trying a few things is exactly what I said he should do.

Plotting with the opposing alliance isn't disloyalty? Now that's funny.

"I'm waiting Jeff..."
Posted by CTgirl on 03-01-13 at 10:33 AM
For the show to be better than South Pacific. So far it's been pretty boring and predictable. I could barely get myself to watch it last night, a day late!

I'm also against casting psychos like Brandon and Shamar. That's not real Survivor, that is stunt casting, and bad stunt casting at that!

"RE: I'm waiting Jeff..."
Posted by michel on 03-02-13 at 03:38 AM
So Pathetic is, in my opinion, the worst season ever so this one has a good shot at being better. Phillip's misquotes (narcistic, nothing but air) have already given me more chuckles than I had in 14 episodes of So Pa.

As for the game? I think many players are already thinking individually so that's more promising than seeing Coach's religious zealots.

All this to say; give it time and it will probably turn out to be just better than the 5 or 6 worse seasons ever.