URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8020
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Million Dollar Quotes?"

Posted by Bebo on 02-27-13 at 11:57 AM
In prior seasons, we've gotten clues on the winner from million dollar quotes. Last season was particularly rich, with multiple quotes referring to Denise. I thought it would make sense to start a thread of potential million dollar quotes for this season.

I'm watching CBS On Demand, and they keep showing a Survivor ad with sound bites from some of the contestants. One of them sounds like a potential million dollar quote:

Sherri: Winning is all I'm here to do.

Any other potential quotes noticed out there?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Million Dollar Quotes?"
Posted by Arnold_Lorax2 on 02-27-13 at 12:04 PM
I don't know if this is one but what about when Cochran said "it's a new Dawn"?

Agman siggified me

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-27-13 at 03:17 PM
Yes, as Arnold noted, when Cochran said, "It's a new DAWN!" and laughed about it, I thought, bingo, million dollar quote. And, as happened last year, there were multiple peeps that kept saying, you don't want to be at the end with Denise because she would win....Russell said it, and so did Malcolm....and Denise indeed won. So this quote that Cochran said, could be a million dollar quote for Dawn!

Posted by Arnold_Lorax2 on 02-27-13 at 06:05 PM
And to expand on this thought we also had Brandon say "and that is why you won't win". I think he was talking about both Cochran and Dawn but the camera was focused on Dawn and that's right before her breakdown in tears. It would be an ironic statement by Brandon similar to Johnny Fairplay saying he had a million bucks that Sandra wouldn't win.

Agman siggified me

Posted by samboohoo on 02-27-13 at 08:29 PM
Agree. I thought this very thing when Brandon said it.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

"From Episode 1"
Posted by Bebo on 03-05-13 at 01:24 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-13 AT 01:26 PM (EST)

I missed watching episode 1, but as I've been reading through the recrap thresds here this quote from Andrea stuck out to me:

The theme of the season is people that made big mistakes. This is a chance to correct those mistakes.

Could that be a sign that a favorite wins? And if so, which favorite makes the best efforts to correct mistakes from the past? So far, I'd rule out Brandon, Philip, and Erik, since they're not avoiding the mistakes they've made before.

Meanwhile, later in E1, Cochran said, My new persona is strong, a little bit of swagger, a little bit of confidence. I can’t be the same freak I was the last time.

Could he be the one correcting mistakes?

ETA: This could also fit in well with the quote about a new Dawn.

Posted by kingfish on 03-15-13 at 10:09 PM
Million Dollar Quote.

(From Brandon as he is leaving) ”Just don’t let Phillip win it!”

"Will a Fave win?"
Posted by Bebo on 03-20-13 at 08:10 PM
Phillip: One of us will win this thing.

And since he's talking to the whole group, I think it won't be him.

Posted by FartSparkleBarbie on 03-21-13 at 09:12 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-13 AT 09:14 AM (EST)

Oops..