URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8016
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor #26: Maybe-Fans vs. Not-Favorites Episode #2 East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by Estee on 02-20-13 at 05:35 PM
Please keep all airtime discussion of tonight's episode on this thread until midnight EST, by which time the West Coast will have found out what Brandon means by 'revive the Hantz family reality TV legacy'. Because there's a lot of options here. He could:

* Pick two women, bring them both to F3 with him, and lose.

* ...twice.

* Get rid of the water supply and wait to see how many people on his tribe died.

* Buy the shelter for $250,000 and sell it for $3.

* Be handed an idol by Production.

* Refuse all consumption of Fruit Loops.

* Leave in the second episode. (Let us hope.)

* Be removed from the game by Production for being a danger to those around him. (What do you mean, 'At least Grodner has standards?')

* Completely lose all sanity, dignity, reason, and hope for acceptance by the human species by blaming those around him for everything, refusing to see his own flaws, and ultimately causing his own demise --

-- wait: for him, that's a rerun.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Survivor #26: Maybe-Fans vs. Not-Favorites Episode #2 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by michel on 02-20-13 at 07:07 PM
The show opens up with Bikal returning from Tribal Council and immediately Brandon starts yelling, asking: "Who lied? Who lied to ME?"

A little crab calls him over and squirts sea water in his face, making everyone laugh but Brandon isn't amused. Brenda and Erik tell him that they voted with Francesca and prove it by reminding him where production told them to sit: On the far left while the 6 that voted against her were on the right.

Brendon remembers that Dawn and Cochran were seated right next to Francesca so they were the swing votes. He calls Dawn a lying b*tch and she falls to the ground crying.
Cochran has confessional saying that Brandon is bully.
Phillip has a confessional saying he will send the Mopologist to clean up Dawn's tears and the Butcher to take care of Brandon.

Over at Gota, the sun is rising but not Shamar. He figures he'll use the shelter that he spent half of the previous episode saying he didn't need.

Reynold, Allie, Eddie and Hope spend more time in the ocean while Sherri and Laura envy the two girls and want to vote them out so that they can take their place.

Matt tells everyone that he's caught half a dozen fishes.
Michael is astounded and asks how he did that without a fishing net. Matt tells him that his beard makes a great net.

Back at Bikal, Brandon is still harassing everyone.
Cochran has a confessional saying that he is now more liked than Brandon.
Phil has a confessional to tell us that his ancestor told him not to rant in front of everyone and that he himself would never be as confrontational on Survivor as Brandon is.

The Challenge: Members of both tribes race to retrieve bags of puzzle, the other help them get the bags to the assembly area then two players solve the puzzle: Dawn and Cochran for the Faves, Matt and Michael for the Fans who are out to an early lead but something is wrong: They are missing some pieces! That's all is needed for the Faves to complete the puzzle and win immunity.

The Fans are really upset at Michael and Matt for blowing it until they realize that the missing pieces were all in a bag that Shamar had kept to serve as his pillow. They boot his sorry a$$ out of there.

Next week on Survivor: Much of the same actually.

"RE: Survivor #26: Maybe-Fans vs. Not-Favorites Episode #2 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by Estee on 02-20-13 at 07:20 PM
Sounds about right. Who's up for Idol?

...oh, wait: nobody...

Posted by dabo on 02-20-13 at 08:21 PM
I don't care which Gota is booted as long as it is one of the Bethennys.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-20-13 at 09:05 PM
Interesting comment from Brandon toward Dawn after getting back to camp after TC: "I understand, but you're still going to lose."

Considering how she was edited in the first episode, could this somehow be a million dollar quote?

Brandon is a complete jackass.

Posted by Estee on 02-20-13 at 09:10 PM
Or it's a 100K quote...

If you really want to give Brandon the benefit of the doubt, you could look at this as his saying to himself 'This time, I will form sincere bonds with my tribe's females and all will be well.' Which he tried to do. And look what happened.

But then, we're talking about Brandon -- and going out with a bang could just mean he finally explodes.

"Here we go...."
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-20-13 at 09:06 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-13 AT 09:07 PM (EST)

Thrilled to see you here tonight, Estee....someone has to provide the COLOR commentary!

Last time on Survivor:

10 of Survivor biggest fans pitted vs Favs...
right away the favs wanted to show the fans who was boss
while the favs felt at home the fans struggled to adapt, no fire, couldn't co exist and alliances began to pull them apart...
but things turned around for fans, got fire and won first IC...with the favs facing TC, Phil vs Fran reignited...Phil reinstated the stealth r us allinace, ##### and Dawn stuck in the middle...the swing, history made at TC with Fran out first twice.
19 left, who's next

At Bikal Night 3: see spider as they return, Hey Brandon we understand if you are upset, but Dawn tells him....argues with him...Brandon says this Survivor sucks, one of the nicest persons ever goes home first twoice. Blames Dawn for trying to fight, Dawn tells him to have compassion for both sides of the story, not just yours. Brandon says to Cochran and Dawn, says that both of you are going to lose.

Dawn says that it was too pointed and personal and needs to get a grip on her emotions...see her go off and cry...conf: she tries so hard to not disrespect people, so to have someone do it to me, my brain can't process it...kt's about me and what I stand for and it just doesn't matter what Brandon thinks. But this is mean, if he treats others like that it's just like POLLUTION....wah wah

Brandon to EriK, Brand tells him he's fed up and wants to go RussHell Hantz style, like Rambo, I feel my uncle's blood running through my body, like the wave....let's screw things up (to Erik), and Erik says, "alright!"
I don't want to go out blindsided, and I am playing DIRTY to the core, I want to go out with a BANG!

"Hey!"
Posted by Estee on 02-20-13 at 09:08 PM
someone has to provide the COLOR commentary!

Racist!

"RE: Here we go...."
Posted by dabo on 02-20-13 at 09:09 PM
So this is what happens when a Hantz doesn't get his way.

At least this season has a great variation of the theme song.

Posted by Estee on 02-20-13 at 09:11 PM
Y'think? I thought it came across as overstretched, but it usually does for me when it has to fit twenty.

Posted by dabo on 02-20-13 at 09:18 PM
Oh, absolutely! If I was to rank the various season theme song variations S26 would be, like, in the top 8. Classic S1, of course, is still #1.

"Post TC drama at Bikal..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-20-13 at 09:16 PM
This is going to be a LOOOONNNNG season with a dramatic Brandon and a weepy dawn...

Goat tribe, day 4: See the boys chopping wood while Shamar is lazy in the shelter laughing at them all working...conf: I am stay low, conserving energy, not getting caught up in their drama, avoiding dehydration, doesn't want to be in the sun every day...I've bene in Iraq, blah, blah....Laura and Allie talking about how lazy he is and napping in the shelter...says he has to go if they go to TC

Shamar and Sherri talking about the alliance and they want him with them...Laura Julia Shamar, Mike Matt us 6 against the 4some, lovers....Sherri tells him be lazy whatever, be lazy, Sherri says in conf that Shamar is his Phillip, and he hugs Sherri....he loves her!

Bikal day 4, BRandon, notes after last night, he's a little further down the Totem pole with Cochran...spills to him that he was going to sabatage the camp, but I woke up this AM and didn't want to, I don't want to be a quitter, the best thing I could be is to be nice. Cochran notes in conf how Brandon has fits of rage but after that he's really nice. So in his unpredictability he's predictable.

Brandon calls Phil over to he and Cochran...and Br wants him to be forthright with directing the vote....asks Phil if he can be more forthcoming and Phil gives him some spin....blah blah.

Phil in conf says that Br is narcissistic, doesn't have empathy for others. at end of the day he's CRAZY, someone used the phrase on me last year

Brandon to others in the tribe, then says that he thinks Phil is the jerk, calling himself the CEO of the company and I am on a need to know basis, he's treated people like garbage he's BostonRobbing us to death....and I have to give it all in the next days or I am gone.

"RE: Post TC drama at Bikal..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-21-13 at 04:00 PM
Bikal day 4, BRandon, notes after last night, he's a little further down the Totem pole with Cochran...spills to him that he was going to sabatage the camp, but I woke up this AM and didn't want to, I don't want to be a quitter, the best thing I could be is to be nice.

So, last week we got this tease from Jiffy:

Episode 2 and already someone wants to quit? What the—&@%!!

Really, Jiffy? The quote from Brandon above was what compelled you to tease us about a quitter? Really?

"And incidentally, the pot does happen to be black."
Posted by Estee on 02-20-13 at 09:18 PM
Phillip calling someone else narcissistic? That's the best laugh I've had all day.

It feels as if the edit is desperately trying to set up a crash landing for Brandon, but it's also -- probably inadvertently -- showing him making legitimate points. And look at Cockroach here. 'He's scary because he calms down! I'd feel a lot better if he was out of control all the time, because I need that stability!'

Cockroach basically said stability was the core of his own game. Tribal switches will not be kind to him.

"RE: And incidentally, the pot does happen to be black."
Posted by Bebo on 02-20-13 at 09:25 PM
MY EYES! I still can't cope with that damned pink underwear

"RE: And incidentally, the pot does happen to be black."
Posted by Estee on 02-20-13 at 09:31 PM
If it helps, it's a fresh pair. He auctioned the original for charity.

I don't know who bought them.

I don't want to know.

"Pre RC/IC"
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-20-13 at 09:28 PM
So far in summation: Lazy Shamar is now Sherri's "Philip", and Shamar is dancing a jig. While Brandon has anger management problems at Bikal and is now targeting CEO, Philip.

Day 5: see a waterfall, and now the challenge...come on in, guys!

Julia grasping the II...Fran is voted out...agian.

Phil knocks down the flag, sorry about that! Michael: huge reaction...he says they are vicious people, no mercy over there....

Immunity up for grabs. 3 members of tribe race to raft, 3 others of tribe pull the rope to move the raft, then 3 get tubes/rings released from cage, then bring back and throw on targets. First to get 3 wins. Playing for fishing equipment, masks snorkels, fins, nets, hawaiian sling. Fans sit out Laura...strategize...

Shamar in strategy says his ideas never work, I'm just a fool....

They are off, Favs Erik, Brenda and Andrea, Brandon, Cochran and Corrine are pulling them with the rope

Sheri, Julia and Hope go to retrieve, Shamar is pulling

Erik is diving to release the rings....they have to get 9 rings, Sherri is doing all of the diving to get rings while the favs are switching....Faves are doing well, Fans not. Favs have all 9 rings, fans struggling.....

Favs are back, and fans have one more ring to get....Malcolm and Phil are tossing for the favs...

Malc tossing, has one, and two....Reynold now back and he is tossing for the fans...Phillip now tossing or favs, and he gets the last one! Win immunity and reward, and Brandon is seen screaming, and tells the fans to enjoy your night! Corrine gets the II....

Huge fishing reward and they are thrilled...fans, see Julia and Reynold...See Allie when he says one of the ten of you will be out...Reynold has the conf: says that Shamar is the cancer and that tonights vote is an obvious choice for Shamar...he doesn't do anything AND he's lazy....

"RE: Pre RC/IC"
Posted by jbug on 02-21-13 at 04:04 PM
Sherri is doing all of the diving to get rings while the favs are switching...

Usually when one person seems to have been a leading cause of not winning a challenge, it's talked about.
Either that person apologizes to the others;
or someone else brings it up.

I guess there was too much focus on Shamar for anyone to think about how the challenge was lost.

Why didn't Julia & Hope just jump in & go down while Sheri was getting her breath?

"Dabo's wish"
Posted by Bebo on 02-20-13 at 09:28 PM
Well, if the fans base their vote on the challenge performance, a Bethanny has to go.

Wait, I'm expecting them to make an intelligent decision. I should know by now that intelligence is a rare commodity in this game.

"RE: Dabo's wish"
Posted by dabo on 02-20-13 at 10:35 PM
Kinda makes up for them cheaping out on the confessional captions this week. Not really, but that's what I decided to tell myself. Still having trouble telling apart some of these noobs and they cheap out like that, like they're out to ruin the season or something.

Posted by Estee on 02-20-13 at 09:30 PM
Rare to see any part of challenge strategizing, but they are trying to shove Shammar's position down our throats...

What stood out here were three factors: Erik came across as Ozzy-like in the water, the returnees are better at placing their players (although Cockroach pulling can be the stuff of comedy) and this season already has an unhealthy obsession with throwing things.

And we say goodbye to the soap opera drama of the purples for the evening. Or should. 'Should' is a rough word here...

Posted by Bebo on 02-20-13 at 09:33 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-13 AT 09:34 PM (EST)

Well, the editing is trying to play up the classic question of what kind of uselessness will be tolerated. Do you keep the lazy ass at camp or the incompetent challenge losers?

I think Shamar is being thrown out to put a question into the viewers' minds. It's going to be a bimbette voted out.

(edited to clarify my last paragraph)

Posted by Estee on 02-20-13 at 09:38 PM
Shammar's last scene displayed something odd: he's genre-savvy -- while not quite seeming to understand that he's now part of the genre. I do think he's safe tonight if the tribe is thinking straight: that loss was hardly his fault. But asking tribes to think is just too much most of the time.

"It's doable."
Posted by Estee on 02-20-13 at 09:34 PM
The more I hear Phillip speak, the more I'm convinced I could in fact spend thirty-nine days on an island with him.

Well, two days with him and thirty-seven with his corpse.

There was a tragic accident. (The tragedy is that it wasn't on Day One.)

"RE: It's doable."
Posted by Bebo on 02-20-13 at 09:39 PM
Philip serves an important public service. If people are questioning their sanity, watching him would give them a conclusive answer. When I watch him, I know that I'm nowhere near the craziest person on the planet.

"RE: It's doable."
Posted by Round Robin on 02-21-13 at 02:36 AM
Neither is Philip. Brandon is.

Posted by Bebo on 02-20-13 at 09:36 PM
Between the pink underwear and the Shamar crotch shots, I think the editors are trying to burn out our retinas.

"Post IC pre-TC drama"
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-20-13 at 09:37 PM
So, we can deduce that the "cool kids" will be voting for Shamar....but, who will the "6" be targeting?

Bikal day 5: Congrats everybody....Malc says so much more fun than last time! Dawn has first conf: We got fishing stuff, pretty exciting, we see them put all of their hands in and cheer...Phil is bossing, we got to get the fire because it's out right now....he is seen walking with Phil....enforcer...Phil conf: I had an alliance of Stealth r us...newest member is Malcolm, the enforcer....if he's in a challenge

Malc: I don't know what's going thruough Phil's head...

the attache, the enforcer, the eliminator, the dominatrix, the mission is to beat the heck out of the fans...see him dancing with Brenda

Malc says it's ok because it is funny but If we have to do this the entire game, I will kill myself...

Goats: We did our best but...Eddi says the way they did it was perfect, muscle int he front, muscle in the middle, muscle in the back. Reynold is calling Shamar out, I think you are lazy you r childish..they argue, you are childish...Allie conf can't understand why people would throw a challenge, but living with Shamar I can understand it

Shamar argues that so what, my behavior was childish, what you gonna do about it? and he replies that I am going to write your name down tonight....Shamar says, I know, you were gonna vote for me anyway, we will see what happens tonight....as he lays back down to rest in the shelter...

Eddie and Reynold go and talk, we have to go make the fire now because you didn't do it...and Shamar yells back at them...."SHUT UP"...

"RE: Post IC pre-TC drama"
Posted by Bebo on 02-20-13 at 09:46 PM
Quote of the episode: I'd rather not go back to camp with a big grin on my face and a bulge in my pocket.

Then we're hearing about Reynold's bulge as discovered by a member of the other alliance (sorry, haven't bothered to learn fan names yet).

"RE: Post IC pre-TC drama"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-20-13 at 09:56 PM
Well now he'll have to take care of that bulge on his own without Allie there to take care of it at night in the shelter.

"But there's always time for a confessional!"
Posted by Estee on 02-20-13 at 09:46 PM
*facepalm*

Dear Production,

Hide. The. Idol. Somewhere. Else.

Pocket bulges: the bane of male contestants everywhere.

"Tribal Council...."
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-20-13 at 09:54 PM
Gota, day 5, see the guys talking, Matt Michael, Reynold and Eddie...Matt...time to go to TC, Michael and I have a really strong bond, and if I told him what to do, he would do it...so I have options...go with cool kids or with the others. I have to make a decision and it's not going to be an easy one...

See Matt and Michael...they are with Sherri...Sherri is trying them to save Shamar...Sherri in conf: she was worried, she wants to vote out one of them...Laure wants to vote out Allie...she is a strategic threat, only one of the pretty people that is really thinking....

Reynold, says that he is a fan of the game and he assumes that these is one out here and he wants it...he's looking in trees and holes, and he's reaching in, just a rock....holy #####...found it without a clue...he's been looking not that long, where would he hide an immunity idol, he has it! he is tucking it away, make sure no one knows that he has it, that's NUTS that I just found it! I am really excited right now, I am trying to check myself...before going back to tribe...

See the girls at camp, Laura says right before we leave for TC, I see a bulge in Reynold's pocket...we all know that it has to be the HII, so I am like what's going on here, will this mess up our plan to get Allie out?

I am pretty sure that I am the only one that knows, no time to talk to the rest of my alliance so I am freakin' out a little bit....see them walking to TC

See Hope, they grab the torches...getting fire and life....

Jiffy: So Michael, what is it like to be in a game with people you may not have things in common with...Michael dishes on the "foursome"...Allie says, yes we are close. Shamar says that Eddie and Hope seem like a couple...

Matt says we sleep on the beach...I am not majorly concerned. Shamar says that he is 300 pouinds not eating, he's drained so he's trying to conserve his energy...he's been in desert situations with little food, but we had leaders. This is not a team effort here, no one wants to listen....

Michael says that we didn't organinze well, no one making the decisions...Reynold says to win the challenge we have to be one cohesive unit, calls out shamar, he's in the shelter being lazy all day...Shamar is laughing...Eddie says that out of 24 hours 19 hours he was in the shelter...Shamar says yes, but I am a good scape goat...he's big and loud.
Laura, what do yuou make of this: Laura says that we were voting as a family but before we left I saw a bulge in someone's pocket, but you are looking directly at Reynold...He pulls it out, he found it, I guess my pants are too tight, I thought we were a big happy family...then why bring it? Because he is playing right now to beat the fav's...but now you are holding a big TARGET. He says that he is going to play it tonight and be done with it...

Shamar, now this thing is blown up, he deserves an academy award...the people that know me will vote with me, but others will vote against me. Sherri says that she is voting the way she planned to....maybe.
First voter: Eddie: Shamar - thanks for serving in our military, I appreciate it, but here, not so much.

Sherri: Allie, you have got to go because 4 is way too powerful...

Last voter is Michael

Tally:

Reynold IS NOT playing the HII, he puts it in his pocket

Shamar
Shamar
Shamar
Shamar
Ally
Allie
Allie
Allie
Allie
Ally

See Shamar then Laura, then Eddie, then Reynold, and Reynold looks like he has a tear in his eye, as he shakes his head...well given the crazy ness of 1st tc, in order to win the game you have to get tot he end, in order to get to the end, you have to beat the favorites, in order to beat the favorites, you have to get it together!

"Next week on Survivor:"
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-20-13 at 09:59 PM
Matt and Shamar are arguing, he is making camp life unbearable and for the favorites it's not much better
Hantz; I'll pee in the rice, I'll pee in the shelter, I will burn this place to the ground...

Allie: So sad because this just sucks, I have wanted this since I was 11, I am mortified that I am leaving so early, UGH this sucks, as she mimicks a gun to her head...

"RE: Next week on Survivor:"
Posted by Estee on 02-20-13 at 10:15 PM
'Hi, I'm Brandon, and these are my mood swings.' Or as was proposed, welcome to Shane's Detox Clinic: all your meds flushed at once or your dubious sanity back.

This brings up the question of sabotage limits. His uncle proved no one in charge cares about the water supply. He could probably destroy the food. The shelter is an open target as long as no one's in it. We've had personal possessions searched and destroyed... It feels like the only line is personally causing physical injury to another player, and nothing he's threatened crosses it.

Posted by dabo on 02-21-13 at 00:16 AM
Oh, there's all kinds of ways around the personal physical assault rule. Booby traps, for example.

"Potential Brandon sabotage spoiler."
Posted by Estee on 02-21-13 at 04:19 PM
...I have to admit: this is a possibility I did not consider. And that's despite seeing someone attempt it (live) a week ago. (Please note that this is from interviews conducted before the season began and does not reflect his state of mind during the second cycle. Still, it shows the possibility was on his mind -- in advance.)

http://www.tv.com/news/survivor-cast-preview-brandon-hantz-is-going-to-poop-in-camp-30602/

I wonder if he's assaulted any trees lately.

I'll cross-post this to the main spoiler thread in a few minutes: it's doing double duty because the discussion started here.

I know -- double duty. Don't start.

"RE: Potential Brandon sabotage spoiler."
Posted by dabo on 02-21-13 at 04:41 PM
Yeah boy, that's setting an example for the next generation of Hantzes.

Plus it's been done.

Posted by Estee on 02-21-13 at 05:45 PM
And Joe Schmo faked an off-camera version a couple of weeks ago.

I don't know if it would be cause for auto-dismissal. If he targeted the food supply or the cooking pot, you could argue for creation of a health hazard and trying to make everyone else ill -- but the same debate is there for his uncle's water dump, and we know what happened there: nothing.

Posted by Snidget on 02-21-13 at 04:49 PM
He want's to date Flav o' Flav?

Posted by Estee on 02-21-13 at 05:44 PM
Wouldn't that be somethin'.

Posted by michel on 02-20-13 at 11:55 PM
Too bad that it was one of the rare real fans on the Fans' tribe that had to go.

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-21-13 at 07:57 AM
I felt the same way, michel. But, she was way too dumb for the show. Snuggling like that and separating herself from the majority are things that any saavy fan would avoid at all costs. She got what she deserved I suppose.

I just can't believe that if these people are really fans, why they are behaving this way. I am so disappointed in the lot of them. They just appear very dumb.

"RE: Tribal Council...."
Posted by Bebo on 02-20-13 at 10:00 PM
Laura has written her own obituary. She may not be the next boot, but she will not be long for this game. By calling out Reynold at TC without telling anyone, she has undermined her standing in her own alliance by not sharing this valuable information with them before acting, and she's willing to go off on her own.

Posted by Estee on 02-20-13 at 10:10 PM
If so, give MB's minions the assist. 'I've got to fill everyone in -- you want me doing what now?' doesn't help her spread the word, although that's hardly a guarantee that she would have gotten everyone together in time without it. Or at all.

On the other hand -- well, it's one thing to say 'We all know Hal Jordan has an idol to go with the ring and if he touches the two together, we are in trouble', especially for purposes of paranoia. But if he decides to get that thing moving... well, that's why you don't dump Shammar at the first TC: idols mean an alliance needs an majority by at least two. He can do damage, but not fatal amounts.

Unless he buys himself a new alliance with this bargaining chip.

"Great observation, Beebs"
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-21-13 at 08:03 AM
Great observation with Laura, Bebo. She is a little too smart for her britches, and she has now alienated herself from the cool kids and her own alliance has to have their guard up as well with her...she wasn't forthcoming...

Funny, I had to think of the initial editing of the confessionals at the beginning of the show between Michael and Laura. It was she that noted how observant Michael was, and now it's she that seemingly is the observant one...

"RE: Great observation, Beebs"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-21-13 at 12:51 PM
Laura did make the observation, but did you see who was the puppetmaster that was stringing Laura along to do her bidding? It was Sherri - she had Laura decide who should be the boot and Sherri was the one who held the 6 together so they'd all vote for Allie, and she was the one who told the others to ignore Shamar's rantings and keep him in the fold. Her comment at TC was interesting - she said she was just going with what she was supposed to do but we know that Sherri was the one who pulled the six together!

The best player of this season, so far, is easily Sherri. Dawn and Cochran have had their moments, but Sherri is really controlling things over on the Fans tribe.

"RE: Great observation, Beebs"
Posted by Bebo on 02-21-13 at 02:26 PM
The best player of this season, so far, is easily Sherri.

Agreed. She's running the show while letting others get in the position of blame. She was a rock star during the challenge, which would make her more favorable to keep than the fluffypillows.

She has to know that from a challenge standpoint, her alliance is full of a bunch of losers. She could jump to the other alliance - and take Shamar with her - by pointing out to them the benefits of keeping the challenge strength. If they end up going on a big losing streak, then there would be loads of targets before anyone would vote to get rid of here.

Posted by Estee on 02-20-13 at 10:06 PM
Y'know, for a moment there, James was about to feel really good about himself again.

That's not the stupidest move (or lack thereof) with an idol ever once you take out Jeff's 'Are we sure that's it?' reading, but dear gawds, it's the dumbest TC reveal for anything that wasn't a stick. Or a fake tile. Or a rock. Or...

...okay, I'm gonna need a minute.