URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8012
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"questions about who started fire last night"

Posted by batmanfreak69 on 02-14-13 at 11:45 PM
hi, i run a survivor pool with my family and friends and part of that is there are prizes along the way if a survivor does a certain thing. up for debate right now is who started the fire, i say it was michael and shammar together, but my wife says just shammar. i need your feedback. also the other prize is the first survivor to get injured, some people are calling cochran's sunburn an injury, i say no, what are your thoughts on these. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
scott

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: questions about who started fire last night"
Posted by dabo on 02-15-13 at 00:49 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-13 AT 00:50 AM (EST)

It was a group effort. I'll check the tape later, one of the ladies was blowing (bellows) to help the fire get started.

Posted by batmanfreak69 on 02-15-13 at 11:05 AM
ok then we have a problem, lol it's usually only one person that gets credit, if you could who would you say is the most responsible, or is this just not going to work. also we are trying to find out if cochrans sunburn is in an injury, i say no, because i go to the beach several times a year and i get sunburns, but it is no injury.

Posted by michel on 02-16-13 at 06:39 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-13 AT 06:41 PM (EST)

Welcome aboard.
It was Shamar's method. As he said, he watched the others but they were failing so he came in. Michael assisted by holding the opposite end of the stick. (Hope helped by putting the wood between her breast to hold it in place!)

"Group"
Posted by dabo on 02-15-13 at 03:36 AM
By the way, welcome aboard.

It was a group effort. The group was initially Allie, Eddie, Hope, Michael, Reynold, and then Shamar joined with advice. On Shamar's advice Michael and Shamar were sawing the pole, Allie and Hope were holding the other pole in place that was holding the tinders, Allie was also acting as bellows. Once the tinders were smoking Michael and Shamar stepped out caught their breaths while the rest of the group joined in again to make the fire, complete the process.

In other words, it was the tribe that started the fire, not one or two individuals.

"RE: Group"
Posted by batmanfreak69 on 02-15-13 at 11:06 AM
thanks for the welcome by the way
we have a problem now then, it's usually only one person that gets credit, if you could who would you say is the most responsible, or is this just not going to work. also we are trying to find out if cochrans sunburn is in an injury, i say no, because i go to the beach several times a year and i get sunburns, but it is no injury.

Posted by dabo on 02-15-13 at 05:13 PM
If you want to credit one person for the fire that would be Shamar. He took charge of the group and made the decisions that resulted in success.

As for the sunburn, it was severe enough to cause swelling, so you could call it an injury. Borderline.

Posted by tribephyl on 02-15-13 at 05:29 PM
Sunburns are just that, BURNS. Whether debilitating or not it IS an injury.

Posted by tribephyl on 02-16-13 at 07:05 PM
I went back and rewatched the fire-building.
As stated by others, the fire at Gota was a group effort, however...

It begins with Reynold and Eddie along with Hope and Laura trying to get it started.
Shamar and Michael take over for Eddie and Reynold while Hope and Laura continue to help out.
THEN... Shamar and Michael seem to get some smoke going and Eddie and Reynold carry the smoking incendiaries nearer to the firepit area. Both Eddie and Reynold are blowing on it BUT it was Eddie's final blow that was the cause of the first signs of fire.
If you're not willing to give it a group effort, then I would give it to Eddie for actually being the cause of the first signs of FIRE.