URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8008
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor #26: Maybe-Fans vs. Not-Favorites Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by Estee on 02-13-13 at 08:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-13 AT 08:48 PM (EST)

And now, let us pause for the singing of our theme song.

why do we always come here
i guess we'll never know
it's like a kind of torture
to have to watch the show!

Please keep all your premiere-induced screams of agony confined to this thread until 1:00 a.m. EST on Thursday, by which time the West Coast will be driving en masse to Jiffie's home in order to give him the torch snuffing of his life. Thank you.

I'm not doing this every week. I just wanted to make sure y'all had a Laughing Place to use.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Surgeon General's Warning."
Posted by Estee on 02-13-13 at 08:47 PM
Do not watch this show if you are subject to high blood pressure, headaches, migraines, or other physical reactions in the presence of toxic amounts of idiocy. Don't watch the show if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. You shouldn't watch the show if you're female because at some point, Brandon will commit a sin and then he'll blame you. If you get nauseous at the sight of cockroaches, seek alternative programming. Under no circumstances should you watch this show if you're planning to have sex tonight because at some point you will see Phillip in his underwear and then? You won't. Those in the recovery stages for Raging Probstian Liartis should seek a doctor's approval before watching the show, and you're not going to get it. In the event that you have a sanity hearing in the morning, turn off your television before it's too late. No warranty is expressed, implied, offered, bloody likely, or present in any form. All pains suffered are your own responsibility, not to mention your own fault. There are no dosage limits where the side effect known as Corinne will not appear. Should Erik reach out of the screen to offer you Immunity, accept it and then seek professional help immediately. And do not under any circumstances contact the FCC. It won't help.

Repeat dosage once per week until numbness sets in.

"RE: Survivor #26: Maybe-Fans vs. Not-Favorites Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-13-13 at 08:52 PM
I'm not doing this every week. I just wanted to make sure y'all had a Laughing Place to use.

Oh come on, Estee! PUH-LEEEESE do it EVERY week! I'm sure there will be more than enough BS from these favorites losers to go around for week after week after week...

I'm just bracing myself for Jiffy eternally going on and on about the likes of Philip and Brandon and Cochran....please Jiffy, let us pick who we like and who we don't!

"RE: Survivor #26: Maybe-Fans vs. Not-Favorites Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by Snidget on 02-13-13 at 09:06 PM
They always seem to have a very unusual definition of "favorites"

Ooooo Crocodiles, hope they don't get indigestion from eating any of the favs.

"Here we go...."
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-13-13 at 09:17 PM
Estee, NO ONE says it quite like you, and so eloquently....AMAZING! You just NAIL it!

OK, let the season begin...

This is the Caramoan Islands, stunning paradise, dangerous wilderness, 10 americans beginning the adventure of a life time, see the FANS, different walks of life, bearded guy says something, then the Iraq vet, they are all FANS of Survivor....I know enough about it to make it to the end....Laura, there is another strategist like myself...guy in hat says there is a young girl "what the hell is she doing out here...

Then the fav's Malcolm, most popular of them all, dropped the ball, then Cochran betrayed and paid the ultimate price and took Dawn with him, told her he was going to flip...but she was too loyal...

Brenda, not everyone on his tribe has a fan

Erik: He was an original fan, he gave II to Natalie, dumbest move ever...wasn't the only one to give up immunity...Brandon....

Andrea, hard working farm girl, flirted her way right out of the game

Corrine, good at making friends but better at making enemies

Philip: Labeled crazy by his tribemates...he aligned with one of Survivors best and made it to the F3, Now he is against...Francesca...Philip came out the victor

Andrea says this is the chance to correct our mistakes...10 Favs must work together to battle elements and their egos

Only one to last 39 days and to claim the ultimate prize...cut to Intro

See Fans arriving, see crocs inthe water....on a boat named VINCENT...where is that yellow labby? Jiffy says, come on in...they are all smiling, welcome to Caramoan Islands, and they cheer, ready to see who you are playing against...FAVorites from past seasons and they arrive in 2 helicopters...

Cochran, Dawn, Corrine, Andrea, Erik, Malcolm, Brenda (oh she is soooo dangerous!), Brandon, Franscesca, and Philip, former federal agent...they all high 5 Philip as he comes in...

It is Surv Carmoan, Fans vs Favorites II, here are your buffs...orange for fans, purple for Favs. Start things off with a little challenge. 2 members from each tribe race to retrieve ring, whoever gets it, back to their spot, have 1 hand on ring and one hand on stake will win. Win fire, flint and 20 # of beans.

See the rectangle field roped off in the water. Start with a hand on the pole, it's Shamar and someone vs Erik and Dawn...Erik gets the ring and then has to get it, Julia has it, then she thows it and Shamar and Julia win, 1-0.

Brandon and Andrea vs Hope and Eddie....Eddie gets the ring and throws it way down, and Hope gets it, Andrea gets her and pulls them, Now Brandon and they all have a hand on the ring....Brandon is driving them to the favs pole, and Andrea and Brandon win. 1-1

Next round, Sherri and Michael, Philip and Brenda....Michael has the ring first, Philip gets him.....in his pinkies, and Phillip is dragging them, Shamar yells to break his wrist, and Jiffy says WHAT? Phillip and Brenda win...2-1, Favs

Cochran and Francesca vs guy with beard and Laura, no one is running, Cochran is guarding the girl, and she says, do you think you can handle me? Francesca is doing great against the beard guy....everyone has a hand on the ring, and favorites score again....3-1

Corrine and Malc vs Allie and reynold: Malc looks a little bit bigger, Reynold has it, Malc tackles him and takes him down...Allie and Corrine in on it....Reynold is pulling Malc, 2 of the biggest guys out her, Malc losing his shorts...Malc is practically nude! Malc has shorts around his knees, and he's pulling ....Now favorites SCORE and win the first challenge! They all hug Malcolm! Brandon jumps him, Phil tells them to bring it in! Phil gets the beans...Fans, nothing for you, back to camp....get started on the shelters...

"RE: Here we go...."
Posted by Estee on 02-13-13 at 09:21 PM
Erik's strategic idiocy makes it easy to forget his skills, but he just brought them out again: he's a challenge breaker. In his original battle, he tossed sand into opponent eyes under the guise of digging and slowed those Favorites up. Here, he was the first to figure out tossing the ring as a viable strategy. Let his mind have physical things to conquer and he's a hard player to beat. Move things to a mental game and g'bye.

Posted by Estee on 02-13-13 at 09:19 PM
*looks at tribe colors*

*weeps*

*looks at Phillip's underwear*

*really weeps*

"By the way..."
Posted by Estee on 02-13-13 at 09:25 PM
...I'm pretty sure I heard Phillip use the word 'boy' during that challenge.

@#$%ing racist.

"RE: By the way..."
Posted by dabo on 02-13-13 at 09:32 PM
How many ways are there to annoy Phillip?

1. Talk to him.

Posted by Estee on 02-13-13 at 09:42 PM
2. Exist.

Posted by dabo on 02-13-13 at 10:14 PM
3. Strategize.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-13-13 at 10:46 PM
4. Be patted on the shoulder by Malcolm after Cochran had talked about how Robfather would pat someone on the shoulder as a way of telling the tribe who they should vote for.

"Post challenge, Favs win"
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-13-13 at 09:30 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-14-13 AT 07:40 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-13-13 AT 09:30 PM (EST)

And now for shelter building and drama at camp...

Laura was funny to Cochran....so, you think you can handle me??? Ha!

Malcolm losing his drawers...oh la la...

See underwater sting ray, and then the fans go to their beach...GOTA day 1: Shammar: To leave the challenge without being the winner - so disappoinitng, I don't have control, just have to inspire my teammates to do a better job next time

Julia: We see the falg, we knew this was real...

I only had one cannister of water and it was gone so we needed to make fire and boil water asap. Beard guys says he is going to do his thing and make shelter...

Shamar says we need to put the energy to making the fire now...beard guy argues with him....dude I am working on shelter, he's not lifting a finger, I had higher expectations from a marine...they argue, Matt and Shammar. Reynold is worried how they will size up against the other tribe. then Shammar yells SHUT UP and stop tlaking to me....

Batik camp: Dawn first conf: this is so different, incredible,
Malc as the new kid on the block I need impression management, I made a good first impression withwinning the last challenge, good for me.
Philip says, I did it before, so when I hit the beach, I was like my dad, who was in Japan...I am ready baby....Brenda says what is the plan?....Philip says that he wants the shelter to face the ocean.
Francesca stands by her initial impression of him as a crazy person...hopefully they will think others are more of a threat than me.

Andrea Dawn and Francesca are seen talking in the woods and they want Cochran in with them...Francesca in conf: says she is going to align with everyone....Andrea, Dawn, Francesca continue to talk and then they want Malcolm.

Francesca in conf: alot of folks think I had a raw deal...so I have to prove that was the case, so I have to make the right relationships and be a serious threat in the game. See her go to Philip and start to fix their old relationship....says she was never gunning for him...Philip says he buried the hatchet with her earlier, she is stuck in a time warp, she annoys him greatly...Francesca notes that she and Philip talked but she doesn't know if he will gun for her....if she is voted off the first again she will eat this rock...it's not going to happen...

"RE: Post challenge, Favs win"
Posted by Estee on 02-13-13 at 09:34 PM
Shammar soon to be shortened to Shambo, followed by Sham. Is it the lettering? And Reynold looks so much like Ryan Reynolds that I keep calling him Hal Jordan behind his back.

Francesca is trying to reason with Crazy. Crazy does not speak Reason. Crazy now has a target. Again. We are about to do the time warp again and the loop always ends the same way. So put your little vote in there, it's just another cross she'll have to bear... babe... she's going first, babe...

...I think I should have done some warm-up exercises first.

Cochran! So loyal! Let us all trust him! Did the Favorites watch the show?

"Favorites got 20lbs of beans..."
Posted by Estee on 02-13-13 at 09:30 PM
...Francesca's going to need about 3g of salt.

"Whoa..."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-13-13 at 09:32 PM
Rob Mariano was just shown during the commercial break ... and his hair is GRAY.

"RE: Whoa..."
Posted by Estee on 02-13-13 at 09:39 PM
You live with Phillip for thirty-nine days and see how your locks hue-flow. It's amazing he didn't go white. (Was that racist? I can't tell right now.)

"Phillip vs. Strategy."
Posted by Estee on 02-13-13 at 09:39 PM
"If I just keep quoting movie titles, eventually, I've got to sound intelligent!"

Favs are making Too. Many. Alliances. We don't have wheels within wheels, we have an explosion in a gear factory. It's like the first five minutes of Big Brother. On an island.

"More camp building drama..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-13-13 at 09:42 PM
Gota Day 1: See Shammar sweating while doing nothing, others are starting to try and make fire. I am not going to be the one sto go out with dehydration, sees them siting back while on a log, and then comes and criticizes them...telling them how to do it.....they are getting smoke. THey are doing it....get fire....Shamar with more confessional, it had to happen, it was like being in Iraq?

Matt was extremely happy that we got fire, some times have to give him the benefit of the doubt a little bit....see sea turtles in the water...

Bikal:
eating, Philip says we have a good crowd and some things that I learned from Boston Rob may come into play...quoted 3 of BR's rules...

Phil is talking with Corrine, and wants Andrea and Malco.
Find 2 people efficient...she is dominatrix...Corrine is take charge, Andrea is a strategist....Corrine talking to Malc and Andrea...Philip wants Dawn...behind the scenes making thinkgs happen...Phil goes to Cochran, he's recruited 6 people out of 10,but he also likes Erik...he wants Erik in as long as you don't get nervous, trust Phil 100%...he tells Erik that he's the messenger.

Erik said, you are with me or your out...he came with a Boston Rob mentality, he's a combative loser that makes everyone crazy....

Back at Gota: See 2 guys....then we see Reynold and a girl in a yellow shirt, allie...Reynold's said that it was serrendipitous...she flies the under the radar, not the cutest, flies under the radar, my gut feels good with Allie....and I think hers does too...

See Eddie and Hope looking at the stars at night...He wants to get an alliance because we are the 2 best looking people here...they are sticking together...that's the plan...who else? Reynold, he's my boy, Allie. Hope she is like a little southern belle, we are going to have fun...Eddie is estatic...

First night we were looking for bay warmth, but I did notice that Eddie and Hope it was alot more than body wrapping....romantic alliances do not work on Survivor, they will get targeted right away, says Laura. See Eddie and Hope seriously rubbing each other...hands all over the place!

"RE: More camp building drama..."
Posted by Estee on 02-13-13 at 09:46 PM
It's a Sham Fire! Tell it -- to the Marine.

Romantic alliances do work, but this is more of a cuddle-tickle-flirt so far. At least it keeps them from having fifty other arrangements to keep track of.

Even for a premiere, there is way too much focus on the wildlife and no, Hope & Eddie, I don't mean you. Those eel/turtle shots took up a lot of time, we've had lemurs and monkeys and I think we got an aye-aye at one point, alligators -- collectively, they may have more camera time than the humans. We've got ninety minutes tonight and the duration passed to this point feels padded.

"Spot's Useless Color Commentary of the Week"
Posted by SpotTheDifference on 02-13-13 at 09:57 PM
I think we got an aye-aye at one point

Big eyes, small body, long tail? Probably a Philippine tarsier, which aren't really native to the area. I've seen a few before when we went to a sanctuary in the southern Philippines. Not allowed to touch them though--their claws and teeth are very sharp.

"RE: Spot's Useless Color Commentary of the Week"
Posted by Estee on 02-13-13 at 10:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-13 AT 10:03 PM (EST)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aye-aye

I did see the tarsier and thought it was related to sloths. Or maybe that was an actual sloth. So much zoology, so few humans. And that's just the outer shapes.

"RE: Spot's Useless Color Commentary of the Week"
Posted by SpotTheDifference on 02-14-13 at 04:14 AM
I just watched the episode and I think I saw what you mean: the lemur-like animal in the intro, and I think it might be a colugo (Philippine flying lemur).

"NINETY MINUTES"
Posted by Snidget on 02-13-13 at 10:15 PM
I'm not getting no ninety minutes.

Dook-Tarheel game starts at 9, I had no idea this was an extra long episode.

*quickly connects to antennae as they say the last bit will play on the second feed on that...oh there it is*

Why even show the first 60 minutes, I'm SHOCKED CBS is letting them air the whole thing later on. Usually they claim that if they play 1 minute of a show they cannot replay it. That is why they cannot ever for any reason no matter how much the storm is over and ended put the show on instead of the endless coverage of the nothing that happened.

*sigh*

"RE: NINETY MINUTES"
Posted by Bebo on 02-14-13 at 12:50 PM
I meant to warn you before the show, Snidge. They had made an agreement with CBS to show the entire show on their other digital channel in addition to showing the first hour on their main one.

"RE: NINETY MINUTES"
Posted by Snidget on 02-14-13 at 01:15 PM
The Greensboro station did also reair the full 90 minutes at like 2 am.

Funny how they'll do this for a Duke-Carolina game, but if anything else interrupts regular programing it is all we don't know if we will ever show it. They always eventually let them show it, but why should it be some huge bureaucratic mess that takes a day or three to figure out every single time it rains? You'd think by now they'd have a standard procedure in place as weather just keeps happening, it isn't like we aren't ever going to get severe weather ever again.

"Sunburned feet."
Posted by Estee on 02-13-13 at 09:49 PM
Cockroach says he wants to change his image. Well, he's bright red, it's supposed to be a water-intensive season, and a certain species is known as the cockroach of the sea. Shall we rename him to Lobster?

"RE: Sunburned feet."
Posted by tribephyl on 02-13-13 at 09:56 PM
Cochlobster!
Down...down...down...

"RE: Sunburned feet."
Posted by dabo on 02-13-13 at 09:59 PM
Call the Mentalist, we've found Red John.

"Post cannoodling at night...."
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-13-13 at 09:58 PM
Well, it sure looks as though the make-outers are going to be the 2 most "good looking people here"...Eddie and his southern belle, Hope...

Bikal day 3: See Phillip...and the rest of them are really hot....Cochran sweltering in the shelter...Weather wise this is not my environment...my entire body head to toe, sunburned...feet are swollen...

Cochran is like a little tomato, and he's swollen, like a littel pregnant lady....

Cochran says if we had a challenge right now, I'd die, feel like crying, I need more confidence I can't be the same freak I was the last time...

Gota: Eddie, Allie, Reynold, Hope, we have the four, we will not try to be the cool kids, HS all over again....Eddie says this is the cool kids lunch table, if you want to be here you have to work your way in, but Eddie says no one else is going to be in....( I think to myself....really? You are using the "cool kids at the lunch table"...AGAIN? )

Sherri notes that they are snuggling and we can't have that so ALL of the others got together and decided to stick together. But Michael wants to go where it is best for him...play both sides...Matt and I vibe in camp the same way...a circle of ladies that circled around me while you were gone, but I am totally open to you, if you want to do something...Michael and Matt, you and I will decide together which way we want to do....

Immunity challenge: Come on in, guys!

See the Favs, then fans...Cochran, that is the worst sunburn I have ever seen on Survivor...when did that happen? Instantly....on my go, race out in pairs to a 4 stroy tower, at each floor throw out crates to brake open, then once all tossed out, 2 go out collect sandbags and then toss at targets. Win the II. Winning tribe - safe, losers, go to TC and one will go home. Also, if Fans win they get flint....

Cochran and Phil vs. Sherrri and Laura...then francesca and corrine with Michael and Hope, must go up 2 floors...fans done first, must go down on eh fire pole....Julie and Matt for fans, Erik and Brenda for the faves...Erik is leaping to top....Favs made up some time...dead even.....Brandon and Andrea and Eddie and Allie going 4 flors up....Brandon is at the top first....favs take lead adn fly down...fans are falling behind....Brandon and Andrea are smokin this course. Malc and Dawn must hit 6 targets....Malc tossing for fav's. scores one for favs...Malc has 3, Reynold now tossing, gets 1, Reynold has 2, now 3-3...4-3 Fans, 5-4 fans, Fans WIN first IC! Malco is bummed! Jiffy hands the II to Sherri, immunity and flint. Fav's after 3 days someone from your tribe will be the first voted out of Fans vs. Favs.

"RE: Post cannoodling at night...."
Posted by Estee on 02-13-13 at 10:05 PM
It's amazing how much purple is in the Fave outfits. I think they were tipped off.

One of those challenges that's less complicated than the editing tries to make it look: it's climb fast and toss carefully. Very basic, almost impossible to strategize through, and far too dependent on a few simple carnival tosses at the end.

Too many shots of Francesca during Jiffie's speech. One transitional shot of the idol, and let that be it for the season's cheese F/X quota. And already tired of the Twitter cues. We know it's an Immunity challenge, thanks Do you?

Posted by tribephyl on 02-13-13 at 11:16 PM
It's amazing how much purple is in the Fave outfits. I think they were tipped off.
You're just noticing this now?
Producers have chosen the survivor's starting outfits for them for at least a dozen plus seasons now.
In fact they've even been known to supply specifically colored t-shirts for those that don't have clothing that matches/compliments the color scheme.

No help or guidance with Twitter though. JP has admitted he doesn't like doing it or moreso, he's kinda selfish about it. But during the airing, he has to play by the rules, even if he has nothing of important to say.

Posted by Estee on 02-13-13 at 11:35 PM
Do you know how many seasons it's been since I've actually watched this thing instead of just following along on the update thread? Tonight was my first full-scale visuals in a long time.

*shrug* I wanted to see Jeff say 'Favorites' while I checked his arms for needle marks.

Posted by tribephyl on 02-14-13 at 00:31 AM
Do you know how many seasons it's been since I've actually watched this thing instead of just following along on the update thread?

Which is exactly why we lvoe you!
Good to know that if any bad comes from watching this show, that you'll be left to document it.

"Spot's Useless Color Commentary of the Week 2"
Posted by SpotTheDifference on 02-14-13 at 04:12 AM
Whereas last season's immunity chicken idol was designed after a mythical figure from the southern Islamic Philippines, this season's is patterned after one from the northern animistic regions. It's a stylized bulul, which is supposed to be a representation of one's ancestors (anitos) and is called upon by ancient Filipinos to protect their homes and their harvest.

Typically, a sitting bulul would have its elbows (as opposed to the immunity idol, which has its hands) resting on its knees. Bululs are also usually made in pairs and set at opposite ends of a bowl. There are also times when bululs are gendered. In that case, they will either hold a pestle (male) or a mortar (female).

"RE: Spot's Useless Color Commentary of the Week 2"
Posted by Estee on 02-14-13 at 09:44 AM
In that case, they will either hold a pestle (male) or a mortar (female).

...not saying a word.

"Invisi-Hantz."
Posted by Estee on 02-13-13 at 09:58 PM
Take out his early vow to seek revenge on anyone crossing him and Brandon has been absent from tonight's edit. He is in challenges, he performs camp duties -- but he's voiceless.

"Polka dot bikini and argyle socks"
Posted by Snidget on 02-13-13 at 09:59 PM
Ok, I'm old, I do not get this fashion statement.

"Phillip has the numbers!"
Posted by Estee on 02-13-13 at 10:09 PM
They may be imaginary numbers, but he's got them!

Remember the BosRob silver linings playbook he's supposed to be working from? First rule of being an alliance head is that you don't go around telling everyone else there's an alliance and you're in control of it -- at least until you're sure you have the numbers on lockdown and there's no twists on the immediate horizon. But still, Francesca's still talking about going out first twice, and it feels as if the typical first-boot silver platter is about to go double-platinum.

The editing has not become more subtle. Beware the Reign Of Underwear.

"Post IC, Pre TC drama..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-13-13 at 10:13 PM
See the favs coming back. Francesca says it was a heartbreaker, that guy Reynold, he was really good, if it had taken him 10 seconds longer we would have won...Francesca and Cochran in shelter talk and she suggests Phillip...then she says maybe Corrine...
Fran in conf: It's not like she doesn't like her, but she didn't come to me to talk about playing the game together...Corrine brings Cochran a wet buff to squeeze over his head, and he loves it. Cochran says that he gets along great with everyone on his tribe....

Francesca says to Brandon, how about Philip? Andrea is there and so is Malcolm. Andrea really likes Francesca...but she wsa with me, then she has n't talked with me at all...Andrea telling Phil that she's thinking you out...And Philip says that she does need to go. Phil likes the idea of voting her out again, first....

See some fiddler crabs ont he beach. Brandon and Erik talking....so I suppose Philip...Erik says he told him, you are with me or you are dead....Erik wants to vote out Phil. He's quiet, I don't know what's up his sleeve. Brandon now talking with Francesca...tells her that Erik wants Phil....who else is with Phil? Maybe Andrea? But, Francesca doesn't buy that....she could be the first one to go...she can't talk about that possiblity...

See Dawn and Cochran talking, while a monkey is eating a big bug. Cochran doesn't now if Dawn will resent him from last time...Dawn doesn't trust Francesca in the long run...she likes her, but wants her out....this indicates that this is a new "Dawn"! Ha!

Dawn wants to work with you, I feel like this is family, I trust in this, so what is in the best interest for US...for her, she wants to say let's take this all the way to the end...

See Fran and Dawn talking...Malco is not talking...See Fran, Dawn, Andrea, Erik, Brandon. Fran now wants to split the votes, because she thinks Phil may have the idol...

Brandon doesn't trust Andrea, she's strategic...Brandon is flipping out over Andrea. Erik tells Fran that Andrea is playing both sides, so we want to get everyone to vote out Andrea...

Francesca in conf: says they all now want to vote out Andrea, because she is so friggin smart...Now we may get screwed...

Cochran: he wants to play strategic, he likes Francesca, it's cruel, it would be inhumane, I have morals, I have a sense of shame...

Boy, that was SO Helter skelter and I really did'nt follow it...Francesca wants Phil out, but wants them to split the vote because she thinks Phil may have the idol. Brandon wants Andrea out because she's so smart and strategic. Phillip wants Fran out. Erik wants Phil out...Malcolm is keeping his mouth shut...

"RE: Post IC, Pre TC drama..."
Posted by Estee on 02-13-13 at 10:18 PM
Oh, there's Brandon. Andrea is thinking. And she's a woman, so that's a sin! The returnees never change, do they?

How much editing focus has Andrea received tonight? Very little: we've barely heard from her. So this is not the target. All we learned is that lobsters have morals and a sense of shame. The moral is 'clamp down on the target's neck' and it's a shame when you don't get to do it?

TC should be quick. In fact, it has to be. There isn't much time left. Or patience.

"Tribal Council...."
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-13-13 at 10:25 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-13 AT 10:25 PM (EST)

Fire is life...

Night 3: Grab the torch, dip it in and get fire...Fire represents your life...Brandon, is someone running this tribe. We are all chiefs, no indians here. No one is going to get done like last time...Jiffy says that Oh yes, somebody is!

Francesca: Rivalry with you and Philip....Phil has learned to pronounce her name...and he says it 3 times...

Phil says that he was apprehensive to see her...she was very strategic early in the game when she didn't need to be...Jeff reminds her that she doesn't have that much experience in the game...on one hand you could say that, no one feels super secure...Igot paranoid, and once it starts it snow balls...Phil says that he has heard his name already...

Andrea notes that if you can say the wrong thing to the wrong person
I bring it to challenges and I work hard around camp...
Cochran: with experienced players you can have to change instantly...he says it's exciting, we are already playing the game right off the bat and Malcolm touches his shoulder?

Brandon is first voter...
Francesca is voting for Andrea , Andrea votes Francesca because she is a huge threat...

Dawn is last voter.

See Andrea and Dawn...no one plays an HII...

Votes:

Andrea
Andrea
Andrea
Francesca
Francesca
Francesca
Andrea
Francesca
Francesca
Francesca

1st one voted out: Francesca

Andrea turns to Philip and says thanks you guys!

Malc is smiling...

You were only 3 days in but now there is a group of fans that knows they can beat you and they are looking to do it again, grab your torches...

"RE: Tribal Council...."
Posted by Estee on 02-13-13 at 10:29 PM
What would you give to play poker with Phillip? The man is a walking (or sitting) tell. Odd emphasis on the squeaks during his walk to vote. Get him some grease.

And Francesca is not suited for this game. No, she's not suited for Phillip. But who is?

"RE: Tribal Council...."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-13-13 at 10:32 PM
*sigh* No wonder Francesca is away in China, traveling. She's got better things to do than to sit around at home and have a pity party watching herself on TV get bounced once again.

Posted by Arnold_Lorax2 on 02-13-13 at 10:30 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-13 AT 10:31 PM (EST)

Brandon is detoxing off his meds cold turkey. He will start to lose it all over everyone in the coming days. Since he is in the minority right off the bat he will go nuts instead of trying to regroup. He is a time bomb waiting to explode.

Edited to take sig off

"Next week: the Hantz genes come out."
Posted by Estee on 02-13-13 at 10:30 PM
Brandon. Sanity.

I couldn't put those words in the same sentence.

"Next week on Survivor:"
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-13-13 at 10:31 PM
Next time on Survivor:

Brandon sees his life in the game coming to an end, and...
We're getting voted out (as he talks to Erik, so I am feeling a little revengeful...
And resurrects the Hantz family reign of terror
See Cochran at night...
Brandon: I'm thinking of going Russell Hantz style
See Dawn crying at night...
Brandon: Now playing Dirty...I want to go out with a BANG.

"Ist Impressions"
Posted by michel on 02-14-13 at 08:38 AM
Really liked:
Phil's "BR rules" and his nicknames
Andrea's double agent role.
Cochran's good rapport with everyone
The new Dawn.
Reynold's take on Allie: "She's not the cutest..."

Didn't like:
- The wall to wall strategy talk.
Besides the fight between Shamar and Matt or Cochran's sunburn we had nothing of the personal conversations. These people had to get to know each other but we weren't meant to hear any of that.

- Jeff's mention of the hidden immunity idol.
- Eddie's popular kids table.
- Julia, Laura and Sherri's blandness.

"RE: Ist Impressions"
Posted by jbug on 02-14-13 at 11:03 AM
really liked:
the little fiddler crabs waving "come on in"

They should have used them just as Jeff called them in to the challenge.

Posted by michel on 02-14-13 at 06:02 PM
Agreed but what is sad is that they showed more "personality" than half the cast.

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-14-13 at 06:26 PM
Agreed but what is sad is that they showed more "personality" than half the cast.

How TRUE, michel! I am bummed so far. The favs tribe is full of halfwits and nutjobs. The only one I really like is Malcolm, but he's got to be doomed in a tribe like this. And, Brenda? Clueless. She didn't impress me in her season and she's not impressing me with this one either. They seem so all over the place, very helter skelter, frenetic. I don't think I can watch these people the entire season. I don't care how these types make it or not.

And geez, the fans were even more disappointing. You would think they would get some smart people on here. Pathetic. Did they choose this bunch to make the Favorites look better? UGH....I was really kind of sad that the show I love to watch is coming down to this. Don't mean to rain on anyone else's parade though...

Posted by jbug on 02-14-13 at 07:59 PM
DH wouldn't even watch with me last night. After about 10 minutes he went to the other room; said they have ruined it.

Posted by michel on 02-15-13 at 00:18 AM
You know what? I have hope for this one. Andrea and Dawn really came through nicely yesterday on the Failures' tribe. Also, how can anyone not be interested in seeing Phillip playing by Boston Rob's rules! How will he mess it up?

For the Fans, Reynold and Michael looked a lot smarter than anyone in Airai ever did while Shamar is an improvement on Joel. How funny that the couples' alliance is on the Fans this time instead of the Favorites!

The other good thing is that almost everyone had a confessional. I haven't finished rewatching but I think Hope is the only one without a confessional and she wasn't really hidden. How rare is that in a season with 20 players?

Posted by dabo on 02-15-13 at 00:46 AM
I think Hope is the only one without a confessional

Then you're in for a surprise.

Brandon learned nothing from the last time he played, but I agree that others have improved their games. Nice to see Andrea actually getting a chance to play, on Boston Rob's Island she was the only one of the sheep who seemed worth giving a second shot.

As for how Phillip can screw up the Boston Rob playbook. First, he can't expect these players to be his sheep, they will stab Phillip in the back if they decide to. Second, there's almost certainly going to be a tribal swap this season, which didn't happen in Redemption Island, so there's a higher chance for a cross-tribal alliance developing.

Posted by Sheldor on 02-15-13 at 03:22 PM
michel wrote:

>The other good thing is that almost everyone had a confessional.
>I haven't finished rewatching but I think Hope is the
>only one without a confessional and she wasn't really hidden.

I tried to keep track of the confessionals. I believe Allie did not get a confessional with her name on it but she was one of the five Fans that talked during the intro (Matt, Shamar, Allie, Laura, Michael).

The only Favorite that talked after they were introduced was Andrea who said:

”The theme of the season is people that make big mistakes. This is a chance to correct those mistakes.”;

I also did not see a confessional for Hope and I didn't see a confessional for Corinne.

Posted by SpotTheDifference on 02-14-13 at 11:15 PM
I had high hopes for premiere for several reasons: 1.) It's 90 minutes long, 2.) It was filmed in my home country, and 3.) I liked the Survivor: Philippines premiere. Not a lot, but I liked it anyway.

Compared to S25, this was a huge letdown. I didn't really like anyone except Cochran. The one thing that I'm taking out of this episode is that we at least know that some of the favorites are learning. Phillip, Cochran, and Corrine seem to have either mellowed down or matured somewhat from their original seasons. We'll see how long this lasts.

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-15-13 at 10:47 AM
I can begin to hypothesize why Jiffy says that this will be a good season from his vantage point. For him a good season is one that is full of surprises and unpredictable. I view the favs tribe as one crazy mix of strong personalities vying for their own way. It will be difficult to bond rationally and trust individuals that are so irrational, unpredictable, and uncontrollable. Therefore, there is likely to be a very surprising, erratic way to the end game. I really feel like the one that keeps his or her mouth shut and gets out of the way of everyone else may triumph this season.

Frankly, I saw Malcolm, Andrea, and Corrine as the most rational and likeable of all the favs. Dawn seems like she is ready to crack already. We see her breaking down next week....same story as the last time. What was this about a new Dawn?

Regarding the fans tribe, we can see how this tribe will self destruct, and they are named Matt and Michael. I predict they will side with the "un-cool" kids first then flip to the "cool kids table"...wrecking havoc until their tribe is ruined....just a theory. Just so disappointed that we have the "cool kids" theme all over again when these people are supposed to be FANS! Can't they think up their own new material??

Posted by Estee on 02-15-13 at 11:19 AM
I can begin to hypothesize why Jiffy says that this will be a good season from his vantage point...

Also, a male has to win.

Posted by suzzee on 02-15-13 at 11:34 AM
Get out of my head FP. I agree with your post #50, this premier just seemed like a letdown. As for Jiffy's "good season" definition, I like your take on that and it sure makes more sense then what I've seen so far.

I should be watched....closely.

Posted by crispy06 on 02-15-13 at 12:50 PM
>I can begin to hypothesize why
>Jiffy says that this will
>be a good season from
>his vantage point. For him
>a good season is one
>that is full of surprises
>and unpredictable. I view the
>favs tribe as one crazy
>mix of strong personalities vying
>for their own way. It
>will be difficult to bond
>rationally and trust individuals that
>are so irrational, unpredictable, and
>uncontrollable. Therefore, there is likely
>to be a very surprising,
>erratic way to the end
>game. I really feel like
>the one that keeps his
>or her mouth shut and
>gets out of the way
>of everyone else may triumph
>this season.
>
>Frankly, I saw Malcolm, Andrea, and
>Corrine as the most rational
>and likeable of all the
>favs. Dawn seems like she
>is ready to crack already.
>We see her breaking down
>next week....same story as the
>last time. What was this
>about a new Dawn?
>
>Regarding the fans tribe, we can
>see how this tribe will
>self destruct, and they are
>named Matt and Michael. I
>predict they will side with
>the "un-cool" kids first then
>flip to the "cool kids
>table"...wrecking havoc until their tribe
>is ruined....just a theory. Just
>so disappointed that we have
>the "cool kids" theme all
>over again when these people
>are supposed to be FANS!
> Can't they think up
>their own new material??
Probably immunity idols will be used as well.