URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8006
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Ep1 Teasers and Title "She Annoys Me Greatly" "

Posted by tribephyl on 02-10-13 at 07:03 PM
Hmmm...wonder who said that and who they're talking about?

The only teasers so far are pretty generic...
*Fans compete against favorite contestants from past seasons.
*Fans compete against veteran players.
*Ten ultra-fans of the show compete against 10 former castaways on the Caramoan Islands. The fans comprise the Gota tribe, while the favorites make up the Bikal tribe.
*The newest group of castaways, 10 veterans who have played the game before and 10 die-hard fans, begin their journey as they prepare to survive in the Philippine jungle; personalities instantly clash between both tribes after everyone settles in.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Ep1 Teasers and Title "She Annoys Me Greatly" "
Posted by Arnold_Lorax2 on 02-10-13 at 08:04 PM
I would say it is Pkillip about Francesqua

Agman siggified me

Posted by michel on 02-10-13 at 09:21 PM
I have to second Arnold...at least by what we know.

It could be something out of the blue though, like Colby getting sick and tired of Sugar at the start of HvV.

Posted by tribephyl on 02-10-13 at 09:25 PM
I agree completely.
With all we've seen of the pre-show interviews the rift between Fran and Phil is NOT resolved. Neither one has claimed to be over their distaste for each other at all, and with them being on the same tribe again, it's unlikely they'll take the time to work it out.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-10-13 at 10:05 PM
Right, and it's easy for the tribe to take one look at the dynamics and say, "Well, that makes it easier for us to decide whom to boot." The 'Anyone but me' mentality that early in the game.

So why Fran and not Phil as the boot choice? Nobody will vote for Phil at the end, but they might for Fran.

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-10-13 at 10:21 PM
Good spec, guys! Sure fits...fwiw.

Posted by tribephyl on 02-10-13 at 10:59 PM
So why Fran and not Phil as the boot choice? Nobody will vote for Phil at the end, but they might for Fran.

Exactly, Phillip is a known factor. (Kooky, difficult and weird)
Whereas Fran is an unknown. Is she nice? Is she strong? Could she win?
That's gonna be the deciding factor for the first TC.
Phillip may garner a couple of votes but at the same time I can't really see anyone sticking their neck out to save the first boot.

Posted by michel on 02-10-13 at 11:08 PM
I just have one reservation: SEG took some heat by inviting a first boot; will they allow her to be the first boot again?

Posted by tribephyl on 02-10-13 at 11:15 PM
They took heat AFTER the fact.
The boot had already happened by the time WE found out there was a first bootee as returnee.
The fact(hypothesis) that Fran gets it again is just another Survivor milestone. As many have stated, the Anti-Sandra.
I would even bet that Fran gets invited back yet 1 more time a couple of seasons from now.

Posted by Round Robin on 02-11-13 at 03:59 AM
Unless Philip is not there next time, they should not waste Franceska's time ever bringing her back for a 3rd try.

This time, you know before they show it that Fran was 1st Bikal booted, because as much of a wackjob as Philip is, he's still better than she is for physical challenges, and therefore will survive the 1st boot on a tribe of veteran players. In Survivor matters Fran is about as useless as teats on a boar pig, and a tribe of veterans hoping to survive until the merge will have little use for such a person.

Posted by michel on 02-11-13 at 08:50 PM
They had to expect the heat. After 25 seasons, they know what we dislike so they knew we'd hate seeing a spot wasted on a first boot that wasn't anything special.

They knew they'd have to defend this selection in particular so the question is valid: The best way to avoid looking ridiculous is by having her stay a bit. What SEG wants, SEG gets.

(I thought the Anti-Sandra expression was mine...)

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-11-13 at 09:23 PM
After 25 seasons, they know what we dislike

CBS and Jeff Probst have clearly shown they don't give a fig about what the average viewer thinks - people have been hating on the Hantz family and about seeing returning players, yet they keep bringing them back.

Why would you think they care about whether there's blowback over the possibility of Francheesquawk being booted first twice?

There's more heat over bringing Brandon Hantz back than over a first boot coming back. I don't think they care one bit about "having to defend the selection in particular."

Posted by michel on 02-11-13 at 09:48 PM
You could be right but I know that Probst has been on numerous interviews claiming that "even if they played poorly the first time, they could surprise us given a 2nd chance". So, to me, that says he "gives a fig". Who fits the bill more than Francesqwaw?.

Probst won't do anything to change what they do because he thinks they are right but he will try to make us see it his way. One way to do that is to prove that Francesca wasn't that bad.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-12-13 at 09:55 AM
It's Jeff Probst's job to make every decision sound brilliant, whether it blows up in his face or not. Every season is better than the previous season, every twist is amazing, phenomenal, best-ever, unprecedented.

There's a rather large container of Kool-Aid over there in the corner if you'd like some.

Bottom line, they don't care if Francheesewhiz goes out first twice as long as their media darlings last longer and the storyline is interesting. Fran isn't one of their media darlings.

Posted by Estee on 02-12-13 at 11:09 AM
I do occasionally entertain fantasies of giving Jeff's sellout skills the test of his life by presenting him with an All Previous Quitters tribe. Hype that, Probst. 'You see, leaving the game voluntarily is the ultimate form of conquering it.'

He'd do it. But it would be hilarious.

Posted by michel on 02-13-13 at 07:17 PM
The kool-aid is usually served to those who drink up whatever is being sold and that is definitely not what I am doing! Quite the opposite really...

But I agree Francesca isn't one of their favorites so they wouldn't do much to save her. I even voted for her to go. It's just my recurring doubts about the reality of it all. Some things have been fixed so where does it stop?

Posted by Arnold_Lorax2 on 02-12-13 at 11:37 AM
Good For Fran: The good news is she is buddies off screen with many of these people and so she will use that to her advantage to get the majority to side with her.

Bad For Fran: If you look at the pictures Phillip has come back as physically fit as we have ever seen him. In his cast photo with the tank top he looks a lot like an older James in upper body strength.

I think that strength and Phillips craziness from before will factor into his tribes decision to keep him around and that Franny will get her fanny whacked out the door.

Agman siggified me

Posted by Estee on 02-11-13 at 10:01 AM
Corinne on Cockroach.

Posted by crispy06 on 02-11-13 at 01:45 PM
It sounds like something Phillip would say about Francesca since they have a history. I still don't think she deserves to be there, and it was a waste of a spot but it'll be funny to see them argue again. This is making me wonder if she is one of the boot targets?

Posted by SOAR64 on 02-12-13 at 08:57 AM
I agree that Philip is going to use his tried and true method of hoging the camera time by attacking acsecnarF. With the cooperation of the Survivor production crew, I'm afraid that what we have in store is more of Philip's ragging on acsecnarF. I believe that the only reason acsecnarF was brought back was to give Philip the chance to rehash his old story line.

"Question"
Posted by Arnold_Lorax2 on 02-13-13 at 01:37 PM
Does CBS still interview the boot the day after on the morning show? The reason I ask is because Francesqua is out of the country on a trip traveling with Eliza so she isn't going to be at any interview tomorrow morning.

Agman siggified me

"RE: Question"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-13-13 at 02:30 PM
Morning show, I think they stopped doing that a few years ago, but they still do have the post-boot interviews with Xfinity, Blows, RHAP, etc. These are all things that could easily be done on the phone or through something like Skype on the internet.