URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8003
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S26, Survivor Carmoan PRESS"

Posted by Flowerpower on 01-25-13 at 09:48 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-25-13 AT 11:13 AM (EST)

Some interesting articles per EW:

Malcolm was asked to do Survivor: Carmoan 3 minutes after his snuff.
Andrea: She is most skeptical and weary of the other younger ladies on her tribe, namely Brenda and Corrine.
Brandon: He still sounds like a whack job, but is declaring that the was responsible for his own torch snuff last time, and that he handed Sophie the million. Says that he will be cut throat this time, blah, blah, blah...
Cockroach: His self-deprecation goes on and on...he brings nothing to the table, but is thinking Corrine may be the one to align with. Is happy that Dawn and Brandon will be there.

Tidbits from Jiffy.
1. 10 new Fans tribe = GOTA
2. The returners = BIKAL

Gota tribe has a Miss Missouri: Hope Driskill, a female race car driver: Julia Landauer, and a former United States Marine Corps Sgt.: Shamar Thomas, who gained a measure of Internet fame after a video posted of him berating New York City police officers for excessive force during an Occupy Wall Street demonstration.

3. Probst notes that the weather is indeed difficult again
4. There are evacuation(S this season
5. Things happen out of the norm and that he constantly goes back between camps...
6. There is some early on ROMANCE, which blows Probst's mind...

So, my speculation here...if the romance is early on, is it between members of the same tribe? Most likely on the fans side? Will Malcolm snuggle up with someone on the Bikal tribe? Brenda? Anyone have any ideas?

Next there is an article with Jiffy defending the returner choices...

I loved this first line written by Dalton Ross: When I first perused the names of the 10 returning players coming back to play in Survivor: Caramoan — Fans vs. Favorites, I was struck by one thing: How bad so many of them were.

Ha!

Then...the new hook appears to be seeing what happens when you throw together a bunch of misfits better known for their foibles than their conquests. There is more of Keystone Cops element at play. It could be just as entertaining, but it is a different form of entertainment.

Geez, I sure hope Jiffy is not going to force this Season down our throats as he did most of these returners...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S26, Survivor Carmoan PRESS"
Posted by tribephyl on 01-25-13 at 05:39 PM
What I'm thinking is that we're going to have to look at Caramoan as Survivor's "special-season".
Akin to a musical episode of Grey's Anatomy, the Brady's going to Hawaii or Matt Damon taking over a Jimmy Kimmel Live broadcast.
Interesting to think about, potentially entertaining but ultimately achieving nothing towards enriching the game.
A known step backwards for those of us whom LOVE the game, and loathe it when the integrity of the game is knowingly compromised for brief potential ratings boons.
Alas, I will continue to watch. (As one of the 7 million or so who have and always will.)
I am forever tied to this game I love, in any manner.

Posted by michel on 01-25-13 at 08:25 PM
When you think about it, the game is really very simple. An entertaining season is much more important.

As an example, what have we seen new since Cirie went goat hunting in Panama that didn't involve a hidden immunity idol? Rob's buddy system?

Posted by tribephyl on 01-25-13 at 10:56 PM
Jane's mid-day fishing trips?

Posted by Tercel on 01-28-13 at 04:38 PM
Very eloquently put, tribephyl.

"Another Brenda Interview"
Posted by chemig521 on 05-12-13 at 01:48 PM
In this one she once again expresses the difference between Cochran and Dawn's votes. She also explains the leg injury and tells us things we haven't heard about her early game strategy.
http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/interview-brenda-lowe-talks-survivor-caramoan

Posted by Estee on 01-25-13 at 07:44 PM
Geez, I sure hope Jiffy is not going to force this Season down our throats as he did most of these returners...

I expect Jiffy's torch snuffer to be a plunger. The media has figured out the 'Favorites' angle is total carp, portions of the masses won't be far behind, then the *click* starts -- Jeff will be working double-time to pretend everything's better than ever, in fact the best season yet, and anything who disagrees with him will make him quit by the sixth episode, which he won't. He is contractually disallowed from having his own opinion. He is the Designated Pimp and the cane will stop twirling after everyone dies.

Give Cockroach credit: Dunce Island fits. And if the host keeps trying to sell this pigless poke, he'll get the largest cap.

"Lies, damned lies, and Jeff Probst."
Posted by Estee on 02-13-13 at 06:11 PM
Grab a bucket and start bailing.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-even-better-than-survivor-philippines-says-jeff-probst-14418.php

"Francesca"
Posted by dabo on 02-14-13 at 05:55 PM
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/02/14/survivor-castaway-francesca-i%e2%80%99m-either-the-worst-player-or-the-unluckiest/

Holmes: Alright, let’s do some word association. We’ll start with Brenda.
Hogi: Stoic.
Holmes: Brandon?
Hogi: Sensitive.
Holmes: Erik?
Hogi: Amicable.
Holmes: Phillip?
Hogi: Insane, buffoon, choose any of those.
Holmes: I’ll use them both. Dawn?
Hogi: Weepy.
Holmes: Andrea?
Hogi: Conniving.
Holmes: Malcolm?
Hogi: He’s easy-going, but he’s not really. He’s calculating.
Holmes: Corinne?
Hogi: Snarky.
Holmes: And we’ll finish with Cochran.
Hogi: Oh…three-legged dog.

"RE: Francesca"
Posted by dabo on 02-18-13 at 00:57 AM
RTVW part 1. Part 2 still hasn't appeared.

people talk about how much it sucks, or how embarrassing it is to be the first person voted out. But I'm like, "I think it's more embarrassing if you choose to be in an alliance with Phillip." (Laughs) ...

Corinne and Malcolm, I think they hit it off pretty much from Day 1, so even though they were kind of talking about maybe working with other people, I thought it was pretty clear that they were an alliance within an alliance,

"RE: Francesca"
Posted by dabo on 02-21-13 at 11:46 PM
RTVW part 2

I wanted to just do the best that I could for my tribe. But I don't think I was really motivated by fear. But I don't know, maybe I should've been. (Laughs) ...

we all got along with Malcolm. ...

I just figured, "There's no way they'll cast me. There's no way they'll cast me. I like to say 'yes' to things. I like to say 'yes' to experiences. So, I'll just 'yes' and I won't get cast. And so, it won't be an issue." (Laughs) That was my reaction and "oops." That was a big "oops." (Laughs) ...

We called all the blonde girls the Bethennys, because they kind of looked like their name could be Bethenny and we can't tell them apart. And I couldn't really tell the guys apart, so no. I did not leave thinking of rooting for any particular fan, but I was just collectively rooting for their tribe.

"Podcast: Jiffie with Chuck Klosterman"
Posted by Estee on 02-19-13 at 07:21 PM
Glean what ye may.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/68796/hollywood-prospectus-podcast-chuck-klosterman-with-jeff-probst

"Allie"
Posted by dabo on 02-21-13 at 11:39 PM
RTVW part 1

The Kewl Kids thought they were 5 with Matt, and that most of the others would be unified to get rid of Shamar as their first boot, after which they would have the majority. Laura was originally their sixth but she switched to Sherri's alliance. Didn't know Sherri was working with Shamar.

I was screaming at Shamar every day, and Reynold and I were kind of more of a pair whereas Eddie was more of a leader towards Hope. So I think just the way people saw me around camp, and I wasn't afraid to say things to Shamar every day, I think that they saw I could hold my own and I was a big threat. ...

I mean, I had it out every three hours. Shamar and I were fighting. They didn't show it and I'm not really sure why, but yeah no. We went at it all the time. Tribal, I had a 40-minute scream-out with Shamar.

"More Allie"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-22-13 at 06:02 PM
From People:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20676236,00.html

(talking about Reynold) Laura saw a bulge in his pocket and realized that he had it?
This is where it gets tricky. It wasn't Laura who saw it. Someone else had seen it first and told Laura about it.

Who saw it? Was it Sherri?
Yes. She saw it first. They didn't show that. But Reynold's pants were too tight and that's how people could see it.

So who's playing a good game?
Matt. I never said a bad word about him, and I don't think anyone else did either. He's in a good position.

Wonder if they're hiding some of the stuff that Sherri is doing because they don't want to show her playing *too good* of a game (like, let's say, Kim in One World)? She really dominated the boot discussion and plotting in Episode 2 and they didn't even show this bit of Sherri catching Reynold with the HII!

"RE: More Allie"
Posted by dabo on 02-22-13 at 06:46 PM
This could get very interesting if Sherri is playing a director game. She tells Shamar to do what he was doing anyway, folds his game into her own. Reynold finds the HII (much earlier than it was edited to seem) and Sherri is savvy enough to figure it out, so she directs Laura's attention to Reynold just before Tribal, perhaps even prods Laura to out him at Tribal? Using these other players she also is misdirecting attention away from herself a bit, though the Kewl Kids seemed aware that Sherri was the ringleader of the opposing alliance.

If she plays it right so that people know she is playing but don't realize how in control she is of the game, she could land herself on the list of best players.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-22-13 at 06:59 PM
Exactly, and I believe that Sherri is using Laura as a bullet-absorbing gofer/minion and Laura doesn't even realize it. She will be discarded as soon as she starts to figure out what's going on and/or no longer is useful to Sherri. Ditto for Shamar - he might be dumped as soon as the tribal phase of the game is done with and Sherri has the numbers to get her to the end game.

Posted by dabo on 02-23-13 at 05:01 PM
Kind of puts a different spin on her voting as she was supposed to moment at TC. She knew everything was going according to her own plan.

"RE: Allie"
Posted by dabo on 02-25-13 at 06:43 PM
RTVW part 2

Reynold genuinely, thought that there was a big enough issue ... that Shamar was going home ...

I told Reynold, "Look, I'm getting voted out tonight." And he assured me up and down that no, I wasn't getting voted out ...

if they had shown every inch of me while I was out there, I wouldn't have a lot of friends either. ...

Eddie was just so over-the-top and just flirty, and Hope was just adorable and laughing at everything he said. It was never -- there was never anything there. Eddie's a big flirt; Hope's a big flirt. ...

He just slept for 100 hours out of the 120 that I was with him, and he just barked orders the other 20 hours, so he's just a disgusting human being and I'm glad I don't live with him anymore. ...

I wish that I had taken the idol and used it for myself, but I don't think it would've been any different based on the game that I played the first week. I think I would've just prolonged myself another three days and then they still would've had five-four and I still would've been a big target.

Anyone else think that last bit might be giving a bit away?

"RE: Allie"
Posted by tribephyl on 02-25-13 at 09:00 PM
Anyone else think that last bit might be giving a bit away?

Absolutely.
Pretty evident that she's saying in ep 3 the pretty people are still the obvious target.

"Hope"
Posted by dabo on 03-01-13 at 02:54 PM
RTVW part 1

Nothing worth speaking of.

"RE: Hope"
Posted by dabo on 03-01-13 at 08:25 PM
RTVW part 2

Okay, now she's saying some things, get out the decoder rings!

I know that I'm positive they (Eddie and Reynold) probably went back to camp after I got voted off very, very frustrated with everyone and very nervous that they could be the next ones to go.

I wouldn't even want to see a diagram of that sentence.

I mean, I think they were still pretty nervous because our alliance is just being completely taken out up until that Tribal Council.

What???

Shamar was making everyone miserable. He was probably making himself miserable. And in my opinion, I don't think he really even wanted to be there. So, when there were talks of him quitting and all that, I honestly believed that he wanted to go home. ...

Oh you know, I have no idea. I don't know Shamar outside of the game. I'm assuming I'll remain on his "no talking list" for life ... I only know the Survivor Shamar. I don't know real-life Shamar.

I'd say that means Shamar either makes the jury or ends up in a hospital bed.

Posted by tribephyl on 03-01-13 at 10:27 PM
I agree with you about Shamar.
I'm leaning towards med-evac. JP said we have a few of them this season. And Shamar is ripe for a spell of "psychosymatic" dehydration.

I mean, I think they were still pretty nervous because our alliance is just being completely taken out up until that Tribal Council.
This is interesting because it very much sounds like neither Eddie nor Reynold are next. That from "that Tribal Council" (Ep3) on, the other side starts losing members.

Posted by dabo on 03-02-13 at 00:41 AM
Agree about Eddie and Reynold. They are valuable in challenges, if they can hang on until tribal reshuffle (which I think probable in this edition) they can maybe make come-backs. At least make the merge.

But those were such oddly worded sentences, I mean beauty queens lose pageants oddly worded sentences, the alarm bells were going off in my head: What does this mean?

As for Shamar, I'd hate to see him become a medical evacuee. But dehydration should be the last worry during a hurricane -- just step outside and open your mouth, try not to drown. A hurricane related injury, or just being defeated by the weather, seems more likely. Shamar has the bulk to handle the weather better than some of the others.

However: Depression, mental instability, I agree he is a likely candidate on those grounds. But that would be a brief visit to the hospital, not something to keep him out of the Ponderosa where he and Hope could get to know one another and come to terms.

Of the Kewl Kids he actually didn't have anything against Hope.

"Shamar."
Posted by Estee on 03-07-13 at 07:39 PM
Continuing the theme of his show life, these interview answers are pretty much useless.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-shamar-thomas-talks-about-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites--14529.php

Anyone paying attention to his finger? Other than the raised middle one created by his casting?

"Laura"
Posted by dabo on 03-08-13 at 10:05 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-13 AT 10:05 PM (EST)

At the Ponderosa they have the makings of a girl group, Fran & the Bethennies.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-laura-alexander-dishes-on-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites--14537.php

as I said, a potential swap could've been coming up. ...

So it was simply Sherri and I saving Shamar's ass a few times because I thought he worked really well for our particular strategy, especially for me because he distracted the tribe from realizing how physically weak I was in challenges. ...

if he weren't medically evacuated, he could've potentially been going home that night. ...

Michael and Matt were very close. Julia and Michael were very close at the beginning, but then I also started to become close to Julia and I gained some trust from her. And the entire time, Sherri was absolutely my closest ally. ...

Shamar knew that we were keeping him around because he was argumentative and because he was annoying.

Read the whole thing if you like, sounds like she too didn't get to spend any time with Shamar outside the game.

"Crazy Is As Crazy Interviews: Part I"
Posted by Estee on 03-14-13 at 06:16 PM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-brandon-hantz-talks-about-survivor-caramoan-and-his-meltdown-%28part-1%29-14555.php

Three things:

His attempts to justify his actions are more lunatic than the actions themselves. That center 'oops?' state he sometimes displays is not in action here, back on any perspective meds or not. We're at classic denial here: one person against several billion and we? All have it wrong.

The rulebook isn't in tatters: it was spit and bailing wire to begin with. No one destroyed the food before this because it was an automatic call to eviction if you were caught. But from this point on? Unless MB bothers with a rewrite, any vengeful player who knows they're out next has an open invitation to feed the fish.

The observations about Phillip remain accurate.

"RE: Crazy Is As Crazy Interviews: Examiner"
Posted by dabo on 03-14-13 at 11:27 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/interview-with-brandon-hantz#.UUIflmHb0U8.blogger

Phillip really got what I had wanted to do to Coach, with my aggression. It was really a lot of bitterness towards last season. It was hard. But I grew up, you know, you have to take the good with the bad. But my second Survivor experience all around...my edit was amazing. It was all accurate the first and second time. ...

As far as Phillip is concerned, everything I say about him is going to be Survivor related, nothing is going to be personal. There's no vendetta, there's no bitterness ...

I want an opportunity to compete against my Uncle Russell. That's what I want. He is proud, finally, of the way I played the game. He's never been more proud he said. We're good friends now. We realized we're a lot more alike than we thought. We're like each other in a lot of ways. There's a love and respect there and we're competitive, and it will be no holds barred. If I get the chance to play again, my stipulation is that I get to compete against my Uncle. ...

A lot of people equate what I did with quitting. As you can see, if everyone paid attention, I was up against a wall. I didn't have a choice. I did have a choice in the fact that I could have just ate it and went out like what you would call a "gentleman." But if you take away my chance at a million dollars? Ain't no rice and beans going to be on that island. That's just the plain and simple. I tried to be a gentleman with Coach and it didn't work for me. ...

I was too nice the first time, I was too aggressive the second time ...

A whole year has passed since then. I'm growing, I'm getting stronger. I'm still me, I'm still Brandon, but so much has changed. You just can't judge somebody off of one particular instance. And they didn't. Survivor gave me a chance to play again after being such a little girl last time. But now, I've grown into my own, I know who I am. I was a hero one time, a villain the next.

"Crazy Is As Crazy Interviews: Part II"
Posted by dabo on 03-15-13 at 10:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-13 AT 11:44 PM (EST)

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-brandon-hantz-talks-about-survivor-caramoan-and-his-meltdown-%28part-2%29-14563.php

I mean, everyone was annoyed by Phillip constantly. ...

He even made a couple comments to me in the past, like, "Look man, I'm not the crazy person that you've seen" -- I tell that to everybody, I'm not like that. "This is a persona." Well, just be yourself, Phillip. ...

I can't get physical, so I'm going to get vindictive and I'm going to pour out your rice.

Honestly, I think the rice thing was just plain stupid on his part even to be "vindictive." In Survivor when you're out of rice you just go bargain with Jiffy for some more. Like I said last season about the rice bargain then, some of those people really weren't thinking it through.

See end of interview for another Hantz moment.

"Crazy Is As Crazy Cuts Off The Phone Call, Part II"
Posted by Estee on 03-15-13 at 10:41 PM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-brandon-hantz-talks-about-survivor-caramoan-and-his-meltdown-%28part-2%29-14563.php

"Matt"
Posted by dabo on 03-21-13 at 07:29 PM
part 1
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-matt-bischoff-talks-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-%28part-1%29-14579.php

I was surprised, but then again, I knew it could be coming too. ...

I was really trying to convince them that Julia did not have an idol. Because they were like, "Why is Julia not coming up to us to try to save herself?" ...

Julia's cool. As far as being a very strong personality, it's just not happening, and I think that's why you didn't really get to see a lot of Julia on Survivor. Her personality just is what it is, man. She's more chill and just not super outgoing. ...

It almost seemed like everyone was throwing the challenge, it was so horrible. I don't believe they did, but yeah, Julia got blamed for that. ...

Phillip's a hilarious guy, pure comedy and entertainment to me. Phillip seemed to be in a power position over there ...

... he definitely was thinking he was the leader, and I think everyone else was intimidated by him.

"RE: Matt"
Posted by dabo on 03-22-13 at 06:51 PM
part 2
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-matt-bischoff-talks-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-%28part-2%29-14582.php

if I knew that Reynold had the idol, then I would've tried to tell ...

And the biggest downfall was the fact that it's totally random, you're smashing eggs and I happen to get on the tribe with the weakest people physically. ...

losing the challenges just hurt my game, especially, having to kick people off and going into that tribe swap with uneven numbers. ...

I was the only person on Gota that had alliances with a bunch of different options ...

And they knew I was playing both sides because at the end of the day, ultimately Michael and I were the ones that were majorly together doing things on the down low, playing a very strategic, strong game together. ...

Brandon sitting there spilling the beans (laughs) -- no pun intended -- I mean, he's literally telling us what's going on over at Bikal's camp. ...

I was happy to not have to do a challenge and just have immunity handed over. I was like, "Fine, I hope more people go crazy on your tribe, dude, and we can get immunity." ...

Phillip was in charge or thought he was in charge. ...

Phillip, Dawn and Cochran were all going to stay together until the merge

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!

Posted by dabo on 03-28-13 at 09:25 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-13 AT 09:26 PM (EST)

Julia RTVW part 1

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-julia-landauer-talks-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-%28part-1%29-14616.php

Everyone was saying they weren't going to turn on their alliance, and even if that was the case, I knew my chances were slim that my attempt to blindside Phillip would work. ...

She had just been complaining about Phillip, like she went to town. And clearly everyone was frustrated, so I took that as my opportunity to say, "Okay let's" -- ...

I wasn't surprised. I knew I was taking a slightly large risk or chance with telling her, ...

one of the reasons I was comfortable taking that risk in trying to blindside him was because I did not feel like I was going to be the one they were going to save. ...

Phillip was being really inconsistent with me. ...

she was thinking back to her old season in Gabon, so she might've been trying to protect herself because she knows she has a big mouth. I'm not entirely sure, but she said -- and not only to me, but Michael and Matt -- that she couldn't do that. She couldn't flip on the "Favorites." What would they think when the merge came?

"Julia"
Posted by dabo on 04-02-13 at 07:03 PM
part 2

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-julia-landauer-talks-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-%28part-2%29-14631.php

You're beating a dead horse, move on buddy. You're not impressing anyone by this stupid monologue. ... Cochran, he didn't have a prominent presence around camp either ... he was kind of quiet. ...

Brandon's a couple months older than me, and so I was "the" youngest. And I was on a much older tribe. ...

I was trying to play under the radar and not be the obnoxious person that pisses everyone off and then gets voted off very quickly. But you know, I wasn't going to be anywhere near Corinne on her level -- obnoxious commentary. (Laughs) And I was really sulking a lot. ...

I don't know if it's also maturity, but again, it'd be hard to try to understand the inner-workings of Phillip's mind. I was maybe not considered a huge physical threat, and maybe he thought he could just really use me as a double agent that he was saying. ...

with Phillip being the leader, he has such a strong presence and he will shut you down if he doesn't agree with you. ...

And that's incredibly arrogant, and I think people started to see that you have to take a bully down. Phillip is a bully and I'm surprised people didn't gang up against him for the blindside.

"Corinne"
Posted by dabo on 04-04-13 at 04:20 PM
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/04/04/survivor-castaway-corinne-kaplan-phillip-has-an-extremely-low-i-q/

I was putting up with his (expletive deleted) for a long time. I did go along with the stupid names and the organization. But, he got a little too much bravado and he’d make decisions. He has an extremely low IQ as you can tell by him mispronouncing every word over five letters long. And he started commanding us to do what he wanted us to do. It’s fine when he’s a crazy person in the corner, and he’s in his pink panties and he’s giving people’s names. But when he starts calling shots it’s hard. He’s very difficult to reel in. He starts affecting your gameplay, so he’s not an easy person to take along. He’s making decisions and they’re horrible ones. ...

I was in an alliance with Dawn. And you saw it where she cries a lot. I love her, but she’s not terribly stable as a person. She’s constantly insecure with her position. She started to freak out. She talks to me all the time. She talks to Cochran, but not as much, which is why I didn’t know they were as close as they were. When she was upset I was the one that talked her down. I was trying to talk her off a ledge, and I said, “Look, worst case scenario we can always flip.” And it was always “We.” I’m not doing anything without her. ...

I liked Brandon. If I was younger, maybe not as mentally there, I would have had the same meltdown. Phillip was driving me just as crazy. I’m smarter about the way I handled it, but I sympathize with Brandon. But, he’s got the Hantz in him, so he doesn’t want to just be voted out. ...

I was the closest person to him when he started spilling the rice. I’m seeing him do this and in my head, I thought once you destroyed the camp you get out of the game, you’ve screwed your whole game up. I never felt physically threatened and I think it’s embarrassing for Phillip, he said he slept with one eye open, it wasn’t like that at all. Brandon’s a sweet kid. He actually cries a lot. It wasn’t nearly as dangerous as they’re making it seem. ...

All I know about Sherri is she is very annoying. She never stops talking. ... Eddie and Reynold hate her. As soon as we got out there they were like, “She’s the worst! Thirty minutes into this merge you will hate her as much as we do.” ...

I looked up at him and said, “Am I not on the jury?” And he said, “No.” And that’s when I started to really spin out. The whole time I just wanted to make the jury, and that is embarrassing.

"RE: Corinne"
Posted by dabo on 04-04-13 at 08:43 PM
RTVW part 1

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-corinne-kaplan-talks-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-%28part-1%29-14638.php

Everything I did, I talked to Dawn about, and I was extremely close to her. So when you see her go to the well and she starts crying, she did that a lot. It was like contractions. They were coming closer and closer together. ...

Malcolm and I and me and Dawn. Those were my two alliances. ...

if I thought Malcolm had been the reason I went home, I would've turned around and been like, "Hey, guess what? He's got an idol guys. Have a nice game." ...

I felt like Erik was not stable. I didn't feel like I could comfortably be in that alliance with somebody who's literally never talked to me. I mean, Erik's never talked strategy apparently to anyone. ...

it's basically Sherri's their Phillip. So I'm giving them Sherri, and next time, they're taking out Phillip, you know? There's no way they would've worked with her.

Brenda, forget it. I never said two words to her -- same with Erik.

I liked Andrea, but I knew Andrea was a schemer ...

Phillip has nothing to do with why I went home. I am the reason why I went home. I told Dawn,

Posted by dabo on 04-05-13 at 04:00 PM
RTVW part 2

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-corinne-kaplan-talks-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-%28part-2%29-14640.php

I could tell Michael I was bringing him to the end. I loved Michael. I loved Michael and I thought Michael was just snarky enough. He has a very similar sense of humor to me and I thought that it was sort of an even playing field. If you were going to toss votes out, if I'm sitting next to Dawn or I'm sitting next to Malcolm, they're probably going to win. ...

Hm? Is it J9 F2?

I was throwing things at my TV like, "Come on, Erik! Come on! Don't you want someone to make a case for why the hell they want me out? Especially since my new alliance had you in it too!" Like, I don't get it. And he hated Phillip ...

The hamster fell off the wheel inside that kid's head. ...

(Malcolm) he's the only person on my tribe that didn't show up with an ego. All those people think they're the massive star that came out of their season, and they all think they're "real famous" -- like actual famous people. ... And he wasn't making moves because he thought it would make fans happy or make good TV ...

before the merge, Phillip said, "The first person we need out is Malcolm." And I was like, "Why?!" And he's like, "Because he's a wild card. I don't want to play with wild cards. He made it far in his season." ... They want him out. He's going to get camera time, they want him out. ...

I think Phillip's more crazy than Brandon. ... you know, you don't get to make decisions. You're too stupid to make actual decisions. So for me, he was never a leader. ...

(Brenda) She doesn't speak. At all. Ever -- ... I don't know if that's under the radar or if she's just like, I don't know, has like a sudden lapse of muteness. I don't know. I don't know. She's invisible because she was invisible. ...

I love Andrea. When I was playing with Andrea, I thought she was cool as hell. ... Andrea came across to me as very insecure and she was very young, and so, she was very difficult to judge. She would run around like she's everybody's best friend. She's really tight with everybody, and I don't know. I perceived her as being especially close to Cochran. I thought Cochran had a little bit of a crush on her, so I sort of saw from Cochran's side ... they're close.

Posted by television on 04-09-13 at 01:47 PM
Not really of spoiler value, but I did appreciate what Corinne had to say about Malcolm and why she liked him:

That's easy, because he's the only person on my tribe that didn't show up with an ego. All those people think they're the massive star that came out of their season, and they all think they're "real famous" -- like actual famous people. They would compare Twitter followers and how many mentions they had, like ludicrous things.

I didn't even know what Klout is, but they compared Klout scores. Like you wanted to strangle these morons and because he had not -- because his season hadn't aired, it's one thing to play -- there are two different experiences. There's playing and then there's watching yourself play. And people get really big heads about it.

Malcolm didn't have that, and so I was immediately drawn to him. He was innocent. He was sweet and sincere in his want to play and his love for the game. And he wasn't making moves because he thought it would make fans happy or make good TV, you know? He didn't do things like that and I appreciated that, because I don't do things for camera time.

I mean, part of that is her tendency to badmouth everyone, but part of it seems to ring true. It's funny following this show, even since the first All-Stars, seeing the 'Survivor bubble' that people tend to exist in. There's a weird level of fame and ego that happen every time someone comes back, and when someone calls people out on it, it's notable, like when Tom Westman called Rupert a shallow bully. Just wanted to say that I appreciate Corinne's seeming to have some perspective.

Posted by byoffer on 04-04-13 at 09:47 PM
Jiffy's interview with Dalton has some gold this week.

- there will be the challenge where they have to swim under a grate while the tide rises. They did this in ep 10 in Palau, and Tom Westman won. As I recall he stayed very relaxed and also made a bit of a snorkle with his hands. My money would be on Erik or Reynold as two guys with thin faces and who would likely be relaxed in the water. This will almost certainly be an immunity challenge.

- the exclusive deleted scene has a great confessional from Cochran talking about how delusional and annoying Phillip is, but how great Phillip is if Cochran can keep him around until the end.

"Michael"
Posted by dabo on 04-12-13 at 09:01 PM
RTVW part 1

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-michael-snow-talks-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-%28part-1%29--14673.php

I thought it was going to be either Eddie or Reynold. I had no idea that they were going to vote for me ...

I knew that Corinne was telling everyone that she had Malcolm and I, but I didn't know that they were so aware of the overall plan that we had. I knew -- I didn't know that Dawn knew the plan. ...

Malcolm knew he needed to flip. Malcolm was a huge threat out there the moment I met the guy. I was like, "I can't go to the end with this guy. ...

I knew that Reynold had shown Dawn the idol. He told me that he was going to do it and then he told me that he had done it.
So when it came out that the whole "Stealth R Us" knew that Reynold had the idol and Phillip was kind of like giving him a hard time about showing it to her, so it was all talked about. We knew we were kind of screwed at that point. ...

Phillip was very confrontational in that Tribal Council. He was kind of coming at me indirectly. He was going on and on about "Stealth R Us." He always talked about "Stealth R Us" and he always talked about "In my season..." and "Boston Rob..." and "In my Season 22 of Redemption Island..." He just talked about that all the time and it was so tiresome.

"RE: Michael"
Posted by dabo on 04-15-13 at 07:54 PM
part 2

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-michael-snow-talks-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-%28part-2%29--14678.php

He (Phillip at TC) was calling Reynold out for showing the idol and what a dumb move that was and how great Dawn was ...

Reynold, he played hard, and he was very generous in the way he played, like he offered me the idol earlier in the day. ...

that was totally playing into something Reynold wants to do. He wants to help you out. He's a very generous guy. ...

I had no idea who had it. Malcolm was on the top of my list of whom might have it, because some of them were just too lazy to go looking for it. ...

I don't think he was like trying to screw Reynold over in that moment. I think his throw-away vote for Reynold was really just that -- a throw-away vote --

I don't give the credit to one person. I really think it's Andrea, Phillip, Dawn, and Cochran really working hard together.

Posted by michel on 04-15-13 at 09:19 PM
Phillip told everyone that Dawn had seen Reynold's idol???? Now that's incredibly dumb and that explains why Dawn cracks. It also means that the TC was really not as complicated as we saw: The Fans knew they only had 4 votes, that Dawn was voting with Phil, they just didn't know that Michael was the target. Malcolm had to know that Reynold was going to play the idol but he didn't know that he was the target. That's why he panicked like Michael said.

Posted by dabo on 04-15-13 at 09:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-13 AT 09:35 PM (EST)

The word "panic" is being misused. He realized things were going badly, the plan wasn't going as planned, but he kept his head in the game, tried as best he could to figure out what was going to happen and what he might do to make the right play and still pull off an upset. The one piece of the puzzle he didn't have was that Andrea knew she was the target thanks to Eddie thinking with his little Eddie; with that knowledge he might have figured out that the Stealth target had been switched from himself to Michael.

You can have panic or you can have head in the game but you can't have both, they contradict each other.

Posted by michel on 04-16-13 at 07:32 AM
Michael was there and he used the word panic.

Posted by dabo on 04-16-13 at 01:23 PM
He misused the word. Panic is not a particular emotional state, it is an overpowering sense of fear or anxiety resulting in instinctive action. This was an element of the IC and a minor theme in the episode, but outside of the IC itself there was no actual panicking.

Did Andrea panic when she found out from Eddie that she was the boot target of the muscle alliance? No. She felt the anxiety but it did not overpower her, she kept her head in the game and took logical action. Some might call that panic but it actually wasn't.

There is a logic sequence to Malcolm's actions at TC that you are not seeing, he kept his head in the game trying to figure out the right move.

Stealth sold the split vote between Eddie and Reynold to Malcolm as a feint, Malcolm was the actual target at that time.

At 8 to 3 a split vote is a safe tactic.

But Dawn burned Malcolm and Reynold, Stealth knew Reynold had an idol and wanted to flush it out.

Phillip at Tribal goes overboard. Smart to try to flush Reynold's idol, but he also let's Malcolm know that Dawn burned them, he can't help gloating. Shame we didn't get to see how overtly he did that, but it was clear in how things were edited that Malcolm knew the plan was going wrong.

<Malcolm's head> So, Stealth knows it is actually 7 to 4 not 8 to 3. A split vote is too risky at 7 to 4 so there is no split vote. They are trying to flush out Reynold's idol so they aren't actually voting for Reynold, Reynold is safe. Who are they actually targetting? He himself is actually the head of the snake and the one they should be giving the boot. <lightbulb!>

His throwaway vote for Reynold was dumb but he knew Reynold wasn't going anywhere, he should have gone ahead and voted for Andrea, but he was still head in the game after that. When Reynold stands up to waste his idol he makes a calculated move that appeals to Reynold's heroic nature, plays Reynold's idol for himself, preserves the secret that he has an idol. If not for Eddie spilling the beans to Andrea it would have worked out that Andrea would go to the Ponderosa as planned.

That's not panic. Anxiety, sure, but not to the state of panic. He just lacked a key piece of information.

And Phillip just proved again that he is an idiot.

Posted by michel on 04-16-13 at 05:36 PM
Thank you very much for pointing just how much Panic was a theme for this episode. I hadn't fully appreciated it but it makes sense after that IC to use that theme in the players' game.

Andrea did panic for a while. Look at Dawn having to grab her by the shoulders to realize that Andrea was close to the edge. She managed to get back in the game but she probably cost Dawn's chances.

As Malcolm, the word panic is strong but the state of panic can be short-lived. Like you said, his vote for Reynold was dumb. At that moment, he wasn't thinking logically. If he didn't bring his idol then he probably truly panicked for a while. Fortunately, Jeff takes a long, long time to tally the votes and that's what enabled Malcolm to compose himself and get his head back in the game. I'd still like to know what you think he would have done if Reynold had said: "Sorry but no."

Posted by flystorms on 04-16-13 at 10:59 AM
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20691322,00.html

And Dawn is playing an aggressive game. Did you see it out there on the island?
I see it more now. She's absolutely ruthless. On the island, I knew she was going through a lot, emotionally. We all saw that, so we all basically focused on that, rather than how ruthless she's playing the game. She's playing a very, very smart game.

I have a theory: someone like Dawn has a harder time winning than someone like John Cochran.
How so?

People are much more forgiving of a 25-year-old guy who backstabs them. When it's a 42-year-old woman, they take it more personally.
Absolutely. Dawn is very maternal, and then she's turning around and backstabbing you. When you put yourself in that motherly role, people take it a lot more personally when you turn on them.

Cochran is making everyone smile. He's laid back, sitting in the chair with his legs crossed. Cochran is charming everyone along the way, while Dawn is coming across as the hard-#####. When Cochran votes you off, it's like being voted off by a brother who's playing the game really hard. When Dawn votes you off, it's like being betrayed by your mom.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-16-13 at 12:11 PM
I think the big difference is that people are going up to Dawn and confiding in her, then they're getting booted. If people were confiding in Cochran and then he turned around and booted them, they'd be more pissed.

By contrast, Tina (Survivor Australia and another mom-type) would silently backstab everyone else and most didn't realize the impact of her actions until all was said and done. They weren't particularly harsh to her during the final jury questioning.

Posted by michel on 04-16-13 at 05:44 PM
Tina was so silent about her strategy that, to this day, there are many who think she wasn't making the decisions! Some even think Keith was in charge!

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-16-13 at 08:54 PM
She certainly was silent about her strategy, but at least here on Blows, we were all calling her "Benedict Tina" not long after the merge!

Posted by dabo on 04-16-13 at 08:21 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-13 AT 08:22 PM (EST)

people are going up to Dawn and confiding in her

But that's over with now that Phillip has exposed her game, thrown her under the bus. It was probably pretty much done happening anyway unless Brenda or Erik suddenly decided to flip on Phillip.

And that's the problem with the spy game, once your usefulness as an operative is finished they send you to the Village and give you a number.

Posted by michel on 04-17-13 at 07:34 AM
! So, instead of looking for the Sole Survivor we should ask: Who is number 1?

Posted by dabo on 04-17-13 at 02:35 PM
Number Six.

"Fillup"
Posted by dabo on 04-18-13 at 07:27 PM
part 1
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-phillip-sheppard-talks-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-%28part-1%29-14693.php

I felt I was going to be the one. I thought Malcolm was going to target me if he had a chance. And I thought in fact they would have a double idol and nobody would believe me, so yeah, I did think that. ...

I was part of an alliance who wasn't prepared to listen to me. I would've wanted to have an alternate plan, like, "Hey, if he comes out with a double idol, let's vote for Sherri," or, "Let's vote Erik out," or whatever. But nobody wanted to entertain that possibility ...

Sounds to me like they were hoping for the double idol at that point.

I was very upset with Andrea because she was my ace ally and I felt like prior to us going to Tribal, I tried to get her to consider the possibility that there were in fact two idols, and she dismissed it ...

I did say to Brenda, I said, "Well, we either need to consider Andrea or Sherri." ...

Dawn had opportunities to get me out of the game if she was going to turncoat. Erik was probably more of a threat to do something like that. ...

we knew that we didn't own Erik's vote. And I believe Dawn also knew that she was cultivating a relationship with Brenda, but she didn't know if she had it yet.

"RE: Fillup"
Posted by Estee on 04-18-13 at 09:30 PM
Behold the stunning semi-insights of a man who watched last night's episode and took notes. This is just trying to save whatever he thinks remains of his image. Allow me to be the first honored by calling him a lying jerk.

There isn't enough salt in the Dead Sea to take this interview with.

Posted by dabo on 04-18-13 at 10:00 PM
http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/ry_09nqe7LVftpQ9McVNy5AKz9gAGyaL/survivor-caramoan-secret-scene-phillip/

You'll love what Cochran has to say about Fillup at the end.

Posted by suzzee on 04-21-13 at 09:39 AM
Acting sane, well, that explains everything Chochran cleared everything up. I see him getting a Stephen Fishbach blog gig real soon.

I should be watched....closely.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-18-13 at 10:23 PM
http://cartermatt.com/57457/survivor-caramoan-fans-vs-favorites-interview-phillip-sheppard/

With Phillip gone, who's everyone's goat now? Phillip says he wanted to take Sherri and Dawn to the end. If the delusional Mr. pink undies had this figured out, certainly Cochran and others are thinking along these lines too.

"...ideally I would have liked to have been sitting next to Sherri and Dawn. I think I could have made a pretty good argument against those two. Dawn cried a lot, and Sherri flipped, if you will, to come with us. I thought I could have beat her, because I thought I could do a much better job describing how I got there. "

The funny thing is, initially/potentially, Dawn could have been the beloved mom of 10 who people would have been happy to vote to give the $ to if she made it to F3...but boy has that changed. I find her crying even more annoying than Lisa from last season.

Posted by dabo on 04-19-13 at 01:47 PM
part 2
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-phillip-sheppard-talks-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-%28part-2%29-14698.php

The crazy train just keeps running off the tracks. About the only thing he says worth noting: He thinks his optimal chance of winning would be to be sitting with Dawn and Sherri at F3, maybe Andrea.

Posted by Sheldor on 04-20-13 at 01:36 AM
Rob Has A Podcast

Talking with the Latest Player Voted off Survivor – 4/18/13
by Rob Cesternino on April 18, 2013

http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-caramoan-exit-interview-phillip-sheppard-specialist/

Rob: I want to know who was your real Final 3? I know we talked, you know, a lot about Dawn, and Cochran and now Sherri in the mix, and Andrea. So who was it you were trying to get to the end with you?

Phillip: For me, it would have been Sherri, would have been one of them. And, I would have tried to take Andrea, but you know she's having this romance thing going with Eddie, don't know if she would have gotten there. And then it might have been Brenda. Or it might have been Dawn, actually because Dawn was crying a lot but um... It would have been a toss up, it would have been potentially been Sherri, Dawn, or Andrea like that. I don't know if Brenda, I think if Brenda would have got to the end because she was hurt the whole season. Um, I'm thinking if she gets to the end then she would be somebody that could possibly... just from everybody witnessing her fortitude, with that hurt leg getting to the end, then she might have been unbeatable.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-22-13 at 11:47 AM
Interesting what he says about Brenda being unbeatable and people admiring her fortitude with her leg injury, because we haven't been shown that all. Or did I miss something since I didn't watch a couple of the earlier episodes? Seems to me that Brenda either ticked off the producers or is a non-factor this time around, because she's pretty much been ignored. Even when she had that amazing water challenge win, it didn't get much airplay.

Right now Brenda's only storyline seems to be that she saved Dawn's teeth and they've bonded, which probably means that Dawn will eventually backstab her like the others.

"Malcolm"
Posted by dabo on 04-25-13 at 05:32 PM
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/04/25/survivor-castaway-malcolm-my-feelings-are-very-fragile-this-morning/

I managed to weasel my way into Stealth Is Nonsense, I refuse to say that name, but I was always on the bottom. I wasn’t a part of the decision making. And I’d gotten to the end of the game, so I know I’m not an immunity challenge monster. I’m good, but I’m not great. And nobody’s going to drag me to the end, so if I’m going to make this thing, I’m going to have to take control of my own fate and mix it up. I couldn’t see it working out sticking with the favorites. ...

I have no idea what they’re thinking. To this day I still don’t know what’s going on between their ears. I love them both to death. They’re both really good guys. ...

I don’t know if all the “Survivor” neurons are firing out there. Eddie could not get it through his head why you would ever vote off an attractive girl. It doesn’t make sense to him. ...

you can’t help but like Reynold is because he’s such a reckless optimist. You come to him with an idea and he’s 110% behind it. Not everyone would give you an idol ...

I never was that sure about Erik. ... Nobody knew what he was thinking. ... Then he randomly votes for Phillip. He was up for doing things, but there was no rhyme or reason. ...

All I wanted to happen was for us to pull them out, scare them, and get them to vote for each other. And then I was going to tackle Eddie to keep him from getting up and giving the idol to Probst. It was supposed to be a bluff. ... But as far as pulling off a great move, it wasn’t supposed to go that way. ... Erik of all people has to have his first lucid thought and we had to play them.

"RE: Malcolm"
Posted by dabo on 04-25-13 at 07:13 PM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-malcolm-freberg-talks-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-%28part-1%29-14724.php

I cannot delve into Erik's psyche and explain what's going on in that head of his. ...

Sherri, I think, I mean just like the logic of it -- kind of 50/50 I thought she would go along with it. Strategically, I think it made more sense for her to come along with us. I really believe a big part of it was (how) horribly, horribly, horribly she hated Reynold and Eddie from the early days with the "Fans." ...

(On the question of their not joining even though the 3 amigos were big threats to win physical ICs -- ) Erik and Sherri are such polar opposites. ... he has to be confident, like he can compete. I see what you're saying. But Sherri, in almost the reverse logic, should never worry about that because she's never going to win anything. She was horrible at challenges. ...

Well I dug for a long, long time before she came down. That was like a day or maybe even two days after I had gotten the clue. ... So when she came down, that was kind of the straw that broke my back sort of thing. And I kind of just thought, "Screw it. I'm going to bluff like I have it, at least that way I guarantee that I can get the split vote." ...

I tried to bluff and apparently it worked well enough. But it didn't end up mattering because Sherri didn't flip. ...

(Before the start of the game -- ) I had like copious notes on how I thought everyone would play the game. And Andrea, I had written down, "She's going to be hyper-aggressive." ... She was doing a good job and she's playing really aggressively and pretty well. So you know, good for her.

"RE: Malcolm"
Posted by dabo on 04-27-13 at 06:08 PM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-malcolm-freberg-talks-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-%28part-2%29-14731.php

Phillip was never winning, but Phillip was in everyone's endgame plan. He's the perfect guy to take to the end of the game. So the best way, we thought, to disrupt the best-laid plans of "Stealth R Us" nonsense, was to get rid of the guy who's glue-holding this whole cockameme thing together. ...

And you see his (Eddie) face light up. (Laughs) It was a really funny moment. But he knew going into it. I found that second idol maybe 45 minutes before that Tribal when Phillip went home. ...

the idea was to get everyone to vote for Phillip, create enough smoke and mirrors and enough theatrics to keep everyone from realizing that that was exactly what we were trying to avoid. And then Erik is the one who called it out, "We still have to vote for them guys." ...

So they made it look like Phillip took this big, honorable stance. But really, it had been discussed for like a half hour in front of them that they all needed to still vote for me and Eddie.

"Survivor After Show"
Posted by Puffy on 04-28-13 at 05:19 PM
Parvati Shallow hosts interviews on video with the departing players and former survivors on the CBS website. It's called the Survivor After Show.

"RE: Survivor After Show"
Posted by Sheldor on 04-29-13 at 07:09 PM
Survivor After Show - Adios Amigo
Published on Apr 26, 2013

Malcolm Freberg joins host, Parvati Shallow, on the Survivor After Show to reflect on his game play and explain why he couldn't find that third immunity idol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_16MgbpLjlo

For more Parvati, Survivor, and all your favorite current and former Survivor castaways, check back each week to:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/after-show/

Posted by Estee on 04-30-13 at 10:49 AM
All I learned was that the show's production staff still has a demented commitment to giving Parvati money.

Posted by chemig521 on 04-30-13 at 02:17 PM
>All I learned was that the
>show's production staff still has
>a demented commitment to giving
>Parvati money.

Just one more post that makes me wish there was a "like" button in these forums.

The only thing I got out of that interview (other than the feeling at the beginning that Malcolm had encountered a "stalker/fan" at the beginning) was the explanation of how addled Malcolm's brain was when he got the clue. I had forgotten he had chugged the first one on his obviously empty stomach and then downed another one befoer having 60 seconds to focus and memorize a clue.

"Andrea"
Posted by dabo on 05-02-13 at 08:56 PM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-andrea-boehlke-talks-about-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-14754.php

my big mistake was bringing up to Cochran that maybe we should consider Dawn. That, I think, was the turning point ...

Cochran and I would have a lot of one-off conversations where, I mean, I don't think this was actually the first time that that came up. I think there were times that even Cochran talked about like, "Eventually, we have to get rid of Dawn." ...

Dawn was super close with everyone. I mean, I thought -- she would tell me at night that I was her best friend in the game. And so, you know, when Dawn -- the nice Mormon mom -- tells you those things, you believe her because it's Dawn. But meanwhile, she's a trickster. ...

I didn't want to go to the end with Eddie, but I wanted to keep him around. I'm not actually sure why. I think I just like Eddie as a person. But I figured since the three amigos were gone, I would have Eddie voting the way I wanted, which happened but for, you know, one vote. ...

I would've loved to go to the end with Erik and Sherri. I mean, they didn't show a lot of it. I had a lot of conversations with Erik. ...

I already had my sights on getting out Dawn and Cochran, because I knew that those were the strongest two people. Those are the people that would win in the end. ...

With Brenda gone, any endurance challenge, I'll win. I mean, it's not even a question. ...

coming from a season where I didn't get to do much definitely played into the fact that I'm trying to make big moves this time. ...

Erik, without even a second to think, he picked up the idol and just handed it to me. It was great! So, I do think though that what happened was, I got the clue, I shared it with Brenda, and then I was like, "You know what? Everyone knows that was a clue to the idol." ...

The entire season was focused around idols. It was idol paranoia. So if I wouldn't have found it, I mean, let's say Brenda found it. I think Brenda could've been the one going. I think it pretty much screwed me, like whoever found the idol

"Reynold"
Posted by dabo on 05-03-13 at 08:40 PM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-reynold-toepfer-talks-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-14756.php

this whole "cool kids lunch table" was not even the reality. At least I didn't think so. I was -- Matt Bischoff, who's from my same hometown, he and I were really close. And I thought he was with me ...

new Gota. After the swap, we all became really close and had a wonderful time and talked about, "Okay, we'll make sure that we're the final six, because we'll vote Sherri off first," because no one liked her. ...

Yeah, that was the only Tribal Council I went into where my presumptions were correct. (Laughs) ...

I was like, "Dude, I'm going home." He's like, "Yeah, I know." So we didn't even collude about whom we were going to vote for. And I wanted to take a little jab at Erik so he knew that I thought he was a punk, and Eddie just hated Sherri ...

I'll tell you the ironic thing is that Sherri, had we lost the first Immunity Challenge, she was the one going home. She came in, played the game so hard so early, she made Final 2 alliances with everybody out there. And everybody was like, "This crazy old lady has got to go." ...

I basically held Sherri responsible for us never winning anything after that, because she was keeping around people that were weaker and I kept trying to yell at everybody saying, "If we don't have the numbers going into a swap, we're all dead." ...

I kept my chin up and never cried or begged. If anything, I just kept fighting, and I think it came off as arrogant. But really, it was more just the act ...

there's definitely something to be said for just being extremely likable and non-confrontational. So Eddie was -- I thought that was a great strategy.

"Brenda"
Posted by dabo on 05-09-13 at 06:28 PM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-brenda-lowe-talks-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-%28part-1%29-14781.php

You wouldn't do that to your family, and I never in a million years could've thought that she would be capable of something like that. So to have it just smacked in your face, like without any -- there wasn't even a "sorry," nothing from her. ...

You have to blindside people, I got it. But from her part, I thought in a weird way that we couldn't possibly turn on each other, because I was no way ever going to turn on her. ...

They (Cochran and Sherri) were kind of a little distant and kind of avoiding eye contact. So that made me kind of look at Dawn too and be like, "What's going on here? What's happening?" And she kept reassuring me that everything was okay ...

It wasn't a strategic move. It was like, "Sure, let everyone have a great time because I just won a Reward Challenge with my dad and it was amazing." ...

I could never be mad at somebody for choosing me and then having to give it up. You can't be mad at that person! ...

It would be this person, then this person, then this person, then this person would go, and then it'd be me, Erik and Dawn in the Final 3. ...

I liked Erik! He was very in-his-own-world. He did nothing wrong and we were both terrified in the beginning because we were at the bottom. ... Still didn't understand him ... he knew we needed to take out Cochran.

"RE: Brenda"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-09-13 at 07:27 PM
Highlights from Brenda's ZapIt interview:

How is your relationship with Dawn now? That seemed like such a betrayal, especially after her whole retainer meltdown.

"There is no relationship now with Dawn. I would not actively seek out one. If it wasn't for the live finale, I would not want to talk to her or anything like that. It's not coming from a place of bitterness, it's coming more from having a choice of the people I want in my life and the people that I don't. I have good people that I'd rather be hanging out and talking to than someone like her."

What about with Cochran?

"Cochran is different. It's just different. I never had that huge emotional bond with Cochran out there. I really didn't feel it was personal. I didn't know about Cochran's cocky confessionals. I didn't know the things he was saying or thinking. Whenever I was around, he seemed pretty docile. Pretty gentle. There was really nothing for me to feel betrayed about. I enjoy talking to Cochran, I enjoy watching him play. Cochran and Dawn are totally different for me."

Who did you think was in the strongest position in the game when you were voted out?

"The best position of the game was either ... Eddie or Erik if it came to going on an Immunity streak. As far as strategy and jury and stuff, it would've been Cochran. But Sherri and Dawn, eh. Their likability just plummeted to the floor, so I don't think that they had a shot. But I think Eddie, Erik and Cochran do have a shot at that point."

"Invisible Edit"
Posted by dabo on 05-09-13 at 08:10 PM
http://www.examiner.com/list/questions-for-brenda/question-4-lack-of-air-time-early-on

The first few weeks were understandable. I knew what I was doing out there those first few weeks and I know that I was extremely doing the whole under-the-radar thing. I was literally like being invisible out there. I was in the water by myself, I would go off by myself. I didn’t want to be in people’s head as a threat, I just wanted to show that I wasn’t strategic, that I was detached from the game. None of those people knew me, they could have seen my previous season but none of them had played the game with me before. That was my strategy: To detach myself from the game, from them.

Posted by dabo on 05-10-13 at 07:46 PM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-brenda-lowe-talks-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-%28part-2%29-14786.php

I wanted to take him (Cochran) out because he was a strategic threat and I felt like if I didn't get him first, he'd come and get me. And that's exactly what happened. (Laughs) He got me first. ...

it was genuine advice from my dad. It wasn't like a malicious, pretend to be humble and you will go far. No, it was like, just have a good time and be kind and that's what he said. ...

the same thing happened in Nicaragua. I told NaOnka that it was time to take out Sash. Even though he was my biggest ally, he was also a big threat to me. Same thing. It kind of backfired. ...

sometimes you should wait to hear what other people have to say before you start suggesting things ...

Cochran was also somebody who in a way, like Dawn, loves reassurance. He was like that too. I think he gravitated towards the women, like the older women ...even calling someone a mama's boy Brenda does it in a nice way ...

I was very detached from the game in the beginning, because I did it on purpose and I didn't mind other people having the spotlight. ...

I adore Phillip. He did piss me off a couple times outside of the game, but he is not crazy. He is a very intelligent person and yeah, he did play a good game. Yes, I think his personality was his downfall ...

(Brenda's jury criteria) Criteria is strictly strategy.

Posted by chemig521 on 05-10-13 at 08:30 PM
Sounds like a Cochran vote there

Posted by Round Robin on 05-11-13 at 03:16 AM
Well she sure as bloody hell isn't gonna vote for Dawn, I'll guaran-damn-tee you that. Bet the ranch.

Posted by chemig521 on 05-11-13 at 10:51 AM
Looks like Penner is defending Dawn and the strategy.

https://twitter.com/SurvivorPenner

Posted by dabo on 05-11-13 at 02:56 PM
Jonathan Penner ‏@SurvivorPenner 16h
Let's be crystal f'ing clear. Criticism, fair game. But Bullying? Threats? Absolutely no. Step over that line, you're on the wrong side.

Ryan Pominville ‏@RDPomin 16h
@SurvivorPenner Agreed, It's just a TV show

Mike Riddle ‏@MikeLongCounty 15h
@SurvivorPenner It was a smart strategic move by @meehand & Cochran, all of this crap is ridiculous, & a lot of us hope Dawn wins

Jonathan Penner ‏@SurvivorPenner 18h
So what about Dawn being cyberbullied!? I know no friends of mine would be a part of that! What's with people? It's a game!! Dawn's cool!

Apparently Eliza said something nasty about Dawn but I don't know what it was, so maybe it is being taken the wrong way. Personally I think it was the right move on Cochran's part and the wrong move on Dawn's part, she should have gone ahead and voted Eddie out of the game.

"Dawn Eliza"
Posted by dabo on 05-11-13 at 06:51 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/dawn-meehan-of-survivor-caramoan-forced-to-cancel-her-twitter

Dawn said that she has young fans on her page and they do not need to see all of the negative stuff. One of Dawn's last tweets said: “Taking my twitter account down. Life’s too short for this much negativity. Much love to everyone who’s shared #Survivor with me.” The tweets are all down now, but it got pretty ugly.

Eliza Orlins of "Survivor" did not agree with her decision. She said: "If you can't handle criticism, don't go on reality tv. I got critiqued while on #survivor & didn't cry about it (nor quit social media)."

That's not so bad. Couldn't find anything in Eliza's tweats where she trashed Dawn for her game.

Posted by michel on 05-11-13 at 03:18 PM
The strategy wasn't bad (even if going with Brenda would have been better). It's the manner that was horrible. You have to be like Mr Freeze if you want people to believe that your moves weren't personal. Dawn is not exactly Mrs Freeze.

Posted by dabo on 05-11-13 at 04:25 PM
John Cochran ‏@JohnMCochran 9 May
Instead of tweeting absurdly nasty stuff to @meehand, why not try tweeting positive stuff about Brenda? Strikes me as the healthier choice.

"Whoa!"
Posted by dabo on 05-11-13 at 11:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-13 AT 11:00 PM (EST)

Been doing all kinds of searches the past few days and came across this --

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/brenda%20lowe

Brenda is Pregnant and might not be able to come to the Survivor Finale!

Happy Mothers Day.

"RE: Whoa!"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-11-13 at 11:57 PM
Yeah, this pic has been making the rounds in the past couple days or so:

Aaaaand, that's not all... My twitter feed has been telling me that Brandon has been banned from showing up at the finale because he's making CBS and Phillip nervous. Russhole has been making a lot of noise about showing up and going 1-on-1 with Phillip, even arranging for a lawyer to bail him out of jail when 'the inevitable' happens.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-12-13 at 00:12 AM
Yep, here's Reality Blurred's article on Brandon being banned. It includes Russell's tweets:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_caramoan/2013_May_10_brandon-banned-finale

Posted by dabo on 05-12-13 at 01:06 AM
Oh, LOL! I won't mind a bit if Hantzes are forevermore banned from appearing on CBS. But Brandon being barred from the live reunion because Phillip is ascaired of him? Makes no sense. Phillip has a domineering overbearing personality, he wouldn't care less if Brandon were present. If true about the ban it has nothing to do with Phillip, it is about CBS and SEG doing damage control.

Meanwhile, congrats to Brenda on the upcoming nuptuals and birth of her first child.

Posted by michel on 05-12-13 at 02:35 AM
When Brandon left the game, I wrote that security better make sure he doesn't bring a gun to the reunion. I guess I read him right.

Posted by udg on 05-13-13 at 03:56 PM
If true about the
>ban it has nothing to
>do with Phillip, it is
>about CBS and SEG doing
>damage control.

Yeah, Russhole isn't the most reliable source.

I misheard the numbers for the fan favorite vote last night and thought Brenda had won for a second. Congrats to her on becoming a mom, anyway.

Posted by Round Robin on 05-12-13 at 08:33 AM
Way to go Brenda!

Posted by Estee on 05-12-13 at 10:57 AM
So basically, two blessed events.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-12-13 at 11:03 AM
Based on that picture, I'm guessing Osten isn't the father.

Posted by Estee on 05-12-13 at 04:02 PM
The bird's not being hunted with a knife and fork, so it's not Clarence either. And she's not trying to drown herself in the pool, so that leaves RussHell and Brandon out.

"Erik"
Posted by dabo on 05-13-13 at 03:14 PM
http://cartermatt.com/61803/survivor-caramoan-fans-vs-favorites-interview-erik-reichenbach-on-what-really-happened/

My brother came to visit during the family visit, and he was checking me out to see how skinny I was. He said ‘dude, there’s something wrong with your leg.’ I then looked at my leg, where I have a scar from from a previous injury, and there was an infection that you could see under the dirt that was on me.

The ‘Survivor’ medical team was telling me ‘you need to hydrate, you need to eat as much as you can,’ but when you’re starving on an island there’s not much of either of those things. I started to feel dizzy at the tribal council; I knew I was at a tribal council, but I was not aware of much else other than that. When the vote came through, according to what I saw there were seven votes, and half of them were for Sherri. I thought she was actually voted off at that point. I was just trying to stay on my stool, because if I fell off or showed any sign that I was starting to crash, then I would probably go home in sixth place.

After Brenda was voted off we started walking off. I fell down immediately and said ‘I need a doctor,’ and they started to take blood pressure and I had a fever. It got really bad, and they had to pull me from the game.

"RE: Erik"
Posted by michel on 05-13-13 at 05:04 PM
...and he made a complete recovery 2 days later...

Posted by dabo on 05-13-13 at 05:50 PM
Yeah, that's puzzling -- he saw four votes for someone who got none?

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-13-13 at 07:27 PM
Pumping someone full of IV fluids for an overnight can do wonders for mental alertness and he looked fine for someone who had nothing more to do than to just get dressed and show up in the jury box. Thinking that Sherri got "half of the 7 votes" clearly showed that his mind checked out quite some time earlier and probably was a good idea to get him out of there before his system started crashing internally.

Posted by dabo on 05-14-13 at 11:48 AM
True. And he didn't need to be fully recovered to be well enough to be released to the Ponderosa.

Still, review that TC, there is no indication even after Brenda took her torch to Probst that he was that far out of it.

Posted by michel on 05-14-13 at 09:48 PM
Yes, if he needed it. What I'm wondering is if his evacuation was staged, a disguised disqualification like they did with James.

I've looked at that TC again and there's really no sign that Erik is out of it. However he didn't say anything and it was one of the shortest TCs I can remember. It was as if Jeff wanted to make sure no one said anything that gave Brenda a clue but it could have hidden Erik's problem.

"RE: Erik (smacktalk)"
Posted by dabo on 05-16-13 at 03:33 PM
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/13/survivor-caramoan-erik-reunion/

I feel like my entire storyline was just kind of left unended. Nobody really understood what happened.

We go to the medical center at the Survivor crew’s base camp and immediately there’s people all around putting IVs in my arms. They didn’t feed me right away which I was very angry about. Different producers starting come in to visit me. I didn’t recognize some of them. After about 10 hours, in the morning I woke up and was like “Whoa. What the hell happened last night? Did Sherri get voted off?” and they were like, no Brenda got voted off. And it confused me. And then I was like, oh, crap, Dawn just voted off Brenda.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/13/survivor-caramoan-erik-reunion/2/

Eddie could win hands down. He was just very well liked. And the other thing with this season is that the people who would have won for big plays like a Parvati or Russell character — they all ripped each other earlier. They were all sitting on the jury. In a way, Cochran didn’t win the game so much as he made it to the end and he didn’t mess up. ... His timing was very good as well.

I forgive her now but she made her choice so I just said, “You’re not going to win because you did this.” Dawn’s great though and I have no problem with Dawn now. As for Sherri, Sherri kind of went both ways for me, and at Tribal Council I got horribly edited where Sherri told me to sit down at the end. I actually didn’t sit down. I said I have to talk to Cochran as well.

(on the live reunion show) Tons of people were upset. After a while it became a farce. ... the people in the audience were like, “We’re not even going to get to talk. This is so disrespectful.” ... Allie was like, “Listen, I got a dress. I invited family members. You have to be kidding me that I’m not even on the stage.” It’s just nuts! ... Boston Rob, who wasn’t on this season, got more air time than I did! Boston Rob was mentioned almost every episode by Phillip. ... But the point of the reunion is to find out what happened and what people think now and get all the loose ends from all the people there and see what happens.

I would play again, but I don’t think I will be asked to play again.

Posted by dabo on 05-16-13 at 07:30 PM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/erik-reichenbach-talks-about-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-14824.php

I don't think even Cochran played an excellent -- like a perfect game by any way. If I would've been towards the end more with maybe a Sherri next to me, I would've had a good shot against Sherri.

Dawn and Cochran and then whoever else they decided to or planned to use for votes, they just started taking out strategic threats. And so, what ended up kind of happening was the people at the end were strategic enough that they knew the timing to take out people, but they weren't exceptionally strategic.

Well, the way that it appeared, it was shaped more like a mental issue. I mean, you saw me climbing the coconut tree, screaming for food. And then you saw me breaking down, talking about how this is like a prison and all this other kind of stuff. When I was on the jury, I was a lot -- I had a pretty good medication going on.

It was like maybe a 12-hour period where I was in bad shape, and then after that, I was more or less completely back to normal -- at least mentally. My leg still hurt for a little bit, but I mean, after you get some crazy antibiotics going, it started to get a lot better.

(on his game) So a lot of that was just managing information, so there was all this information flying around all the way up until we go to the vote, and I don't want to know that information. I want to know up-to-date information. ... And that's where you have Andrea pointing at the flag and that's where you have Malcolm coming to me at the last minute ... It actually gave me some control ... I was trying to simplify all this information that was coming in into something I could use. ... And then at that point, I could make my decision, like, "Hmm, who do you think will vote which way?" And I would actually have a lot of time to think about it prior to going to Tribal Council, which way I would like to vote.

And then seeing her at Tribal Council, people didn't want to talk to Sherri. People would go up to ask Sherri a question and they'd say, "You know what Sherri? Ugh, I got nothing." And then they'd go and sit back down on the jury bench. And they'd do that just to show that they didn't want to talk to Sherri. So I actually just wanted to talk to Sherri and say, "Do you know why people aren't talking to you?"

I said, "You know what Sherri? I can't go sit down. I have to actually ask Cochran a question and then I'll probably sit down." So I didn't actually sit down after Sherri told me to sit down and I wouldn't have anyway, because that's just stupid that she would do that -- especially at a Final Tribal speech.

I didn't want a hidden Immunity Idol at all because I thought it would put a target on me. I felt like if I was playing with people who were returning players, and everybody knows you have a hidden Idol, you might as well play it that night because if everybody knows you have it, it's going to put a target on your back anyway. It was kind of worthless in my eyes to have it. ... So I was fine with giving it to her and then it actually worked out pretty well in that she was voted off with it in her hand.

I thought I had a very strong bond actually with Dawn and Brenda just from being friends out there. I know Brenda wasn't playing much of a strategic game as she did before, and she had said, "I'm just out here to have fun and meet some fun people and try to do it."

I had no trust for Malcolm. I mean, he's a cool guy. I love Malcolm, but I did not trust him out there because he didn't come off as genuine to me.

"Ccohran"
Posted by dabo on 05-13-13 at 09:35 PM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-john-cochran-talks-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-%28part-1%29-14799.php

I don't think Eddie would have beaten me either.

I thought that I could beat Sherri because even though she had a very compelling story and made some good strategic moves, people didn't respect her as a player for whatever reason. I didn't fully understand it, but it was very apparent when you were out there that people just kind of viewed her as being dragged along.

And when Dawn would talk and say something emotional, they would all start rolling their eyes. So I was like, "Okay, the jury is clearly kind of like not that thrilled with these two people." And Dawn, she's a huge strategic player this season.

I didn't take Dawn and Sherri to the end as these goats I'm just going to destroy at the end. I went with them mainly because I trusted them the most because they were giving me the most information and we had the most open relationship in terms of sharing information.

With Eddie, his "game" was just so wildly different from mine, and I'm putting quotation marks around the word game for Eddie. His "game" was so different from mine that I can't really rebut it. I could say he wasn't really responsible for voting anybody off, he didn't win any challenges -- but if you're voting for Eddie, those aren't the criteria you're going to be using to vote for somebody.

I said a lot of nasty things this season and now I sort of feel like a jerk afterwards. I think what happens out there -- and I'd be interested to hear like the psychological reasons for it -- I think that it's a cathartic feeling to just bad-mouth people out there. You just exaggerate their flaws and kind of turn people -- it kind of helps justify voting them off, you know?

I was ready to really kind of bad-mouth her. But when it became clear that the jury was doing it for me, I just kind of sat back.

I just wanted to seem as ridiculously honest as possible. There's no point in trying to hide anything or try to seem suave or whatever during a final Tribal Council. They just wanted you to take ownership and be like proud of what you're doing.

I know Dawn better than they did. I've played with her before, and especially after this season, I've talked with her a bunch. She is a person who, her way of connecting with people is through very strong emotionally-charged bonds or relationships. That's how she functions. She talks about very personal, emotional stuff. She's personally vulnerable to you. I don't think it's her trying to be emotionally manipulative, I just think that's how she interacts with people.

I think it's inaccurate to say that she is disingenuous. I think she's genuine to a fault.

Andrea was one of the few really independent thinkers out there, who was willing to pitch things that were not the creation of somebody else. So I think it was just out of respect for her game and kind of a fear that maybe she was creating plans that didn't necessarily involve me. I don't think it was jealousy. Maybe if she starts dating Eddie now I'll be jealous.

Eddie is the sort of guy you'd want to get into a business partnership with. He seems like he probably thought this business plan through pretty in-depth. So I'm looking forward to it! You're going to see a good partnership between me and Eddie in the future.

"Cochran"
Posted by dabo on 05-14-13 at 09:28 PM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-john-cochran-talks-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-%28part-2%29-14806.php

Dawn and I would always kind of like debrief every morning, and we'd just be baffled like, "Why aren't people trying to split us up?" We'd approach people as a pair and recommend breaking up other pairs, and they wouldn't look -- they wouldn't notice that the most powerful pair was looking right at them.

Nobody ever seemed to mention voting out me, which you know, I don't know whether I should be insulted that I was viewed as such a non-threat that it's not even worth like ever voting for me or if I did such like a great job at building relationships with people they didn't want to vote me out.

Like the Phillip Tribal Council when he played the two idols, it was great to watch. It was one of the most exciting Tribal Councils. Strategically, it made very little sense. He could've done a million things differently. He could've told people back at camp that he had two idols and caused us to start cannibalizing each other back at camp that by the time we reached Tribal Council, we're already eager to vote one of our own off.

The great thing, or one of many great things, about winning Survivor is that now I kind of have this safety net where I am not -- there is no urgency for me to run off and get some high-paying miserable law job. I can experiment with different types of writing.

(On Blood vs. Water) I think it has the potential to be either unbelievably dysfunctional and like a train wreck or to be something pretty incredible. And either one, I mean, a train wreck is pretty great too, so either way it could be great. I'm sure, assuming it is a family thing, you have to imagine they're just dying for the opportunity to vote off their loved one. On the returning player thing, am I completely bummed that they're bringing them back all the time? I don't know. Obviously I was a beneficiary of one of those over-use of returning players, so I'm not going to be one to bash it.

I get a little anxious in bars and stuff but they're fun to hang around with and they treat me as one of their own. So it's four amigos now or whatever I guess. But no, I was kind of trying to appeal to Eddie's sentiment when answering that question, but no, there is truth in that. They are fun to hang out with.

"Dawn"
Posted by dabo on 05-15-13 at 10:47 AM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/dawn-meehan-discusses-her-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-experience-%28part-1%29-14809.php

The jury was a lot more frustrated with my approach to the game. I think I just played a more feminine game. I obviously play a game where I cry a lot more because it's just exhausting (laughs) to play. But yeah, so it didn't go as I planned, but I thought I had a fighting shot.

I negotiated with Eddie to drop off of that doghouse in that challenge so that he could stay for the family visit, and he got that family visit. So I kind of felt like I had orchestrated that for him, like, "Hey, you know what? We'll keep you around. I promise you." And I kept that promise.

I never thought I'd have Phillip's vote. Phillip is a huge Cochran fan. They were very close. They're good friends. I never expected to have Malcolm's vote. He and Cochran kind of played off each other as like a ying and yang.

I didn't get to know Reynold as well. I mean, I wasn't on the swap tribe with him and he was kind of fairly upset when I didn't vote with him after he showed me his Immunity Idol. So, you know for him, the game I think really became -- he was so stunned that people would be duplicitous.

"RE: Dawn"
Posted by suzzee on 05-15-13 at 12:15 PM
She really couldn't decide on what game she was playing. She said she played a feminine version (read emotional basket case) and now I'm insulted.

"RE: Dawn"
Posted by dabo on 05-23-13 at 11:10 AM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/dawn-meehan-discusses-her-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-experience-%28part-2%29-14859.php

But you know, the thing that I've talked about is how the show has great medical support and a psychologist, and I've obviously gotten to know her really well (laughs) as a result. And she and I have just come to this kind of conclusion that there's probably something to do with the fact that I play a really feminine game and also that I'm a mother and it really hurt people to see someone try to be both caring and yet still kind of play this hardcore game.

What surprises me is that no one separated us. I mean, I had no contact with Cochran after my finale until we went to this game. We really weren't close. We were close on the island, but I mean, I'm a 40-year-old mother of six and he was a college student.

"Probst"
Posted by dabo on 05-15-13 at 11:25 AM
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/14/survivor-caramoan-jeff-probst-finale-reunion/

EW: For the first time ever, anyone voted out before the jury was not invited to sit on the stage for the reunion show. Why is that and why was Brandon Hantz not invited to come to the reunion show?

PROBST: Regarding Brandon, we had a conversation and everyone, including Brandon, felt this was the best decision. (Way to give a not answer.)

Regarding the jury, the main reason was staging. We were on a new stage this year and our design couldn’t accommodate the usual enormous amount of people we have at the reunion. But having done it once, we may do this same configuration again in the future. The truth is, it’s very difficult to manage 20 people in an interview situation, and the staging last night was much more manageable.

The hardest part of all of this is that it is so disappointing to the non-jury. I completely empathize with them feeling left out. Like it or not, the priority is for us to produce the best reunion show we can. Quite often when someone is voted out early they just don’t have enough story to warrant a spot on the reunion show. It doesn’t mean they aren’t deserving people, they just didn’t get to play long enough.

"RE: Probst"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-15-13 at 01:33 PM

>It doesn’t mean they aren’t deserving people,
>they just didn’t get to play long enough.

Bullship. We all know that if Boston Rob, Skupin or Penner were out before the merge, Jiffy would still have interviewed them and had them on the stage.

"Agree"
Posted by dabo on 05-15-13 at 02:11 PM
I could understand why Rob was there since Phillip supposedly patterned his game off Rob's. Distraction, yes, but there was that tie-in. The little girl, cute as could be, was just a distraction, as were Rudy and Richard. I'd have rather Probst spent more time on the players, gotten the updates from Erik and Shamar how they were doing. Erik, I read, thought it was an awful reunion show.

And I don't think it was just the Brandon thing either. Corinne trashed Phillip mercilessly when she made the rounds, doing things this way just shut her down.

"RE: Probst"
Posted by michel on 05-16-13 at 06:12 PM
"the priority is for us to produce the best reunion show we can"

You failed, Jiffy. Badly.

A reunion isn't a recap: "Re - Union" the word says it: An occasion to bring everyone back together.

"Eddie"
Posted by dabo on 05-15-13 at 08:42 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/final-survivor-caramoan-interviews-erik-and-eddie

You saw a good side of me, I'm sort of happy-go-lucky and in a good mood, I try to smile every day. But there was a little bit more strategy on my part than you saw, and I did really get along well with everybody while I was out there.

Sherri pretty much got the most glorious edit ever on the show, pre-merge. They made her out to be this awesome, strategic mastermind and in reality, Sherri was probably the dumbest player that has ever been on Survivor. She did absolutely nothing. ... I love her to death now, but out there she was just intolerable at times.

Brenda would have had maybe a good speech. Only because I wasn't too sure what Brenda was doing the whole time. She's a very sweet, very pretty girl, awesome to be around, always happy. Everybody kind of knew what Cochran was doing toward the end, but Brenda could have explained herself and why she was so under-the-radar.

I'm happy to say that while everybody was very nice I'm not in a serious relationship with anybody.

"RE: Eddie"
Posted by dabo on 05-17-13 at 08:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-13 AT 08:22 PM (EST)

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/edward-eddie-fox-talks-aboutsurvivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-14834.php

There wasn't a lot I could do to get Cochran to take me. I mean, he was pretty much dead-set on going to the end with Dawn, and Sherri was the obvious choice to bring over me.

People would've just voted for me because they liked me.

I think I would've definitely came in second if I was in the Final 3 with Cochran and Dawn or Cochran and Sherri.

I was really pushing hard on Sherri to vote for Dawn with me so we could make a tie and have a fire-making contest. But that just never made it out.

I love Malcolm. Malcolm takes a lot of things I say out of context. I think Malcolm likes himself more than anybody else likes him.

I definitely liked Andrea a lot. We got really close obviously. We bonded really well. She's 23, very intelligent, very smart, very pretty -- just an awesome person to be around.

We were having problems with Sherri from Day 1 -- just her general attitude. ... And she just kind of floated along the whole way and nobody really liked her for that. And then, she was like the absolute worst physical player I have ever seen, like ever. Like if you had Sherri on your team, you lost no matter what. That was the running joke on Gota.

Dawn is actually just like this really nice woman, but then when she's playing a game for a million dollars, she was trying to beat everybody else. ... Dawn would have real moments when she was absolutely upset and lost it. So people would kind of try to console her and she would go back into game-mode after that and try to use that to her advantage. ... So, that's the issue everybody had with Dawn.

Reynold has a little bit more of an ego than I do. I'm a little bit more thick-skinned. I kind of don't care if you want to call me an idiot. I probably won't value your opinion as highly anyway, you know what I mean?

"Sherri"
Posted by dabo on 05-16-13 at 02:47 PM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/sherri-biethman-talks-about-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-14822.php

I didn't think I had a shot at all walking into that jury of winning. ... I thought possibly Michael would throw me a vote because he played with me at the beginning.

I was delusional a little bit maybe, hoping.

The guys for whatever reason liked Erik at one point because he was kind of a bros kind of guy, so he would hang out with them and play cards with them, so they would bond over that.

And then everybody loved Eddie, the fact of just because he was likable. He was just kind of a goofy guy and he wasn't playing, he wasn't making anybody mad.

It did surprise me, yeah, that Erik was kind of angry, because he didn't ever seem angry towards me in the game.

I spent lots of time with Cochran and we would argue how much I did and how I was sitting next to him and Dawn, and no one really saw that happening around them.

Reynold and Eddie, from Day 1, I mean, this is what Reynold says about me. He said that I was playing the game really hard and he didn't like that. Okay, well that's what I came out to do, so right off the bat, he didn't like me because I broke up his "cool kids" alliance. ... Reynold is a guy who, I think, is used to getting his way in life. ... he took it very personal, because from that day on, we could never work together. I tried several times when we would be together -- when the "Fans" would have a shot at trying to win against the "Favorites" -- and he just could not get over that I broke up the alliance.

"RE: Sherri"
Posted by suzzee on 05-16-13 at 04:26 PM

I think Erik was pissed because I made it further than he did. He was expecting to be sitting his little butt on that stump beside Dawn and and his world got rocked like the night before or whatever when he left and went home -- that .

And I think he was just bitter because I was sitting there and he wasn't, so was I surprised that he was so personal? It did surprise me, yeah, that he was kind of angry, because he didn't ever seem angry towards me in the game.

The Queen of Denial, is she either unbelievably clueless or still trying to save whatever tiny shreds are left of her self image. Her husband's comment to her that Survivor was meant for her makes me think that everyone tells Sherri exactly what Sherri wants to hear, or else.

I'd hate to be the next burger flipper that looks at her cross-eyed.

Posted by dabo on 05-16-13 at 04:41 PM
For me the biggest laugh was when she said Reynold is used to getting his own way and couldn't adjust. Look in a mirror, lady. She wasn't hearing what people where trying to say to her and she still doesn't get it. Kind of like Phillip taking it like some sort of personal attack that Malcolm said he was a sponge sucking all the fun out of the game, it couldn't be a statement about how Malcolm didn't like the way he was playing the game -- no, it had to be about Phillip as a person, his egocentricity demanded it be that way!

Posted by suzzee on 05-17-13 at 10:27 AM
Phillip decided long ago to make himself a Jiffy favorite and he's going to keep it up until he runs for governor of Indiana for the Stealth-R-Us party. He's been a tireless self promoter and has latched onto this character for all it's worth. Jiffy likes characters otherwise Rupert wouldn't be in the starting gate. Again. oh boy

Posted by Round Robin on 05-18-13 at 02:53 AM
Yeah, JiffyProbe likes characters, but that bit him in the butt this time, didn't it?

"Andrea Boehlke Interview with Survivor Talk with D&D"
Posted by Sheldor on 05-23-13 at 05:51 PM
ONE HOUR video interview of Andrea Boehlke by Survivor Talk with D&D!

http://www.survivortalkwithdandd.blogspot.com/p/hangout-with-andrea.html

"Erik"
Posted by dabo on 06-05-13 at 08:14 PM
http://thelivingstonpost.com/the-erik-reichenbach-interview/

We all talked to each other so much and kind of ran out of things to talk about and it just got to be very boring… just waiting for time to pass while you’re starving.

We tried our hand at fishing but nobody was good enough to use our Hawaiian Sling. It also takes a lot of energy to actually hunt and fish, something that we needed to conserve for challenges. We did happen upon a giant clam from time to time which was pretty tasty.

Certain people who didn’t actively bathe did emit a worse odor then others. I recall asking other people if I stank and they informed me I didn’t, but who knows. The whole island was full of liars.

I think running is more of a mental sport than a physical sport and it helped me know my limits. How much energy you can conserve is a valuable thing to consider in a long-term game such as Survivor.

Survivor is not scripted, but there is a ton of editing that takes place. They have no choice but to edit it, and because of this a lot of information and events have to be cut down, shaped differently, or be manipulated. Anyone can be edited to say anything.

Cochran is awesome, a very humble down to earth guy.

Brandon is not an evil person, he is very young and has some problems in his personal life he needs to work out.

Phillip is totally delusional or playing a character at all times; he is an intelligent guy but is incredibly annoying, self-involved, and will probably never change his ways.

(About the reunion show) Basically the cast was not treated with respect and Jeff Probst’s agenda had changed from “Let’s hear more about where these people are in their lives after playing an incredible life-changing game” to “Let’s talk to random people not even on this season and promote pointless merchandise.” As a longtime fan of Survivor I was horrified by the way the reunion was handled.

I loved the Enil Edam flag! You can see more of my artwork online at http://www.erikreichenbachcomics.com/