URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7995
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"E14 (Finale) Vidcaps"

Posted by Blind Freddy on 12-14-12 at 01:11 AM
A place for E14 (Finale) vidcaps and discussion thereof

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Preview Promo"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 12-14-12 at 01:22 AM
Screencaps of the E14 Preview Promo

Courtesy of SurvivorFever (ty Mayan Sun(
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s25_ep14_12_12.html

Video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=w7qEcfTazxQ#t=0s

---------------
Transcript:

Jeff Probst: This Sunday on a special two hour Season Finale...

Lisa (with Skupin, Malcolm and Denise): Final Four.

Probst: ...a pact took these four Survivors this far. But with a million dollars on the line, alliances will be shattered.

Denise: I mean, are we still good...

Lisa (camera confessional): *laughs* I didn't shake her hand. I didn't give her my word.

Probst: Sunday, December 16th.
-------------------

"RE: Preview Promo"
Posted by dabo on 12-14-12 at 01:43 AM
Thanks for bringing these over!

I expect this is the reward challenge and ...

good as he is, Malcolm just wasn't cut out for gymnastics.

"RE: Preview Promo"
Posted by Flowerpower on 12-14-12 at 10:29 AM
good as he is, Malcolm just wasn't cut out for gymnastics.

I agree, Dabo! It sure seems like balance is his weak point...

"Web Promo"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 12-14-12 at 01:36 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-14-12 AT 11:27 AM (EST)

E14 (Finale) Web Promo screencaps...

Courtesy of SurvivorFever (ty Mayan Sun)
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s25_ep14_wp.html

Video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE9cmtwqrzg&list=UUlzCn8DxRSCuMFv_WfzkcrQ&index=7

-------------------------
Transcript:

Announcer: Survivor Finale Sunday. Four castaways remain.

Malcolm: There's a lot on the line here. There's no reason to hold back anymore.

Lisa: To win, I have to go against everything that's inside me.

Announcer: Two Tribal Councils...

Denise: I am desperate to win it. The taste of the blood is in the water.

Announcer: ...and two incredible hours!

Skupin: Second or third at this stage of the game means nothing to me.

Announcer: Only one will be the Sole Survivor.

Malcolm: We're in the home stretch. It's go big or go home time for me

Announcer: Don't miss the Season Finale and Live Reunion Show, CBS, Sunday, 8 PM Eastern and 7 Central.
---------------------

Edit 12.14.12 to fix incompletely pasted image link (pic #29) that didn't show. Sorry 'bout that

"RE: Web Promo"
Posted by dabo on 12-14-12 at 01:47 AM
Denise * Wins *

Reward!

Ah, the pleasures of mosquito netting, no more vampires in the night.

Posted by Flowerpower on 12-14-12 at 10:39 AM
Just on my first examination of this challenge, I think that all of the challenge shots above are from the same challenge...

There is one pyramid that they scale, fly over to then go to the balance beam portion to collect a bag of puzzle pieces, then there is another mountain to scale with the rope to collect another bag of puzzle pieces. Malcolm is in the slight lead till he falls off the balance beam, Lisa is in dead last, she's yellow, while Denise is red, Malc is orange, and Skup is blue.

Then, when they get to this portion of the challenge, we see that Mike is in the lead, note all of the other bags are still there...

Also, note they are still in the same exact lanes with the same colors.

Lisa appears to be in last...

And, with this:

I am inclined to agree, that Denise wins.

But, I think this could be the IC, perhaps? What makes folks believe this is the RC? Just wondering?

Posted by hrh40 on 12-14-12 at 03:10 PM
Wonder if the sequence of extended scenes featuring each player's name onscreen is an indication of win order:

4. Malcolm
3. Lisa
2. Denise
1. Mike

Posted by Flowerpower on 12-14-12 at 04:45 PM
This is interesting....

The only Survivor shown in flames...Denise. And, fire is life, right?

"Press Pics"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 12-14-12 at 01:48 AM
E14 Press Pics...

http://www.survivorfever.net/s25_ep14_press_images.html

Caption: 'making their way to final IC'

Caption: 'Final Immunity Challenge'

Caption: 'before final Immunity challenge'

"RE: Press Pics"
Posted by dabo on 12-14-12 at 01:57 AM
Wow. Freddy, props on taking the time to bring all this over so dedicatedly, that was a tremendous lot of work.

So, another walk of fallen comrades to take up time.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-14-12 at 06:37 AM
Thank you so much, BlindFreddy! Much appreciated!

I'm trying to figure out if one of them looks he/she had a big meal, as we have a reward challenge. Denise's belly looks kind of bulgy to me, but I'm not sure if that's her malnutrition belly or had a pig out and haven't digested yet.

Before Reward:

Before IC:

Side view of Denise, most likely on way to IC

What do you think? I know the RC might not involve food, but most do.

These challenges seem to be repeating elements that we saw quite recently.

Posted by Flowerpower on 12-14-12 at 10:45 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-14-12 AT 10:51 AM (EST)

I agree, OFG. Denise has definitely gorged herself on a prior meal. At least she sure appears to have eaten recently. I think she may go on reward, and I think that all of the challenge shots we have from all of the pictures gathered in the promo are the F4 IC, with the exception of the one below.

The challenge seen in the first promo is the same challenge we see in the press photos. They are in the same color coded lanes, in the same order. This is a giant obstacle course/puzzle bag gathering/solve the puzzle challenge. And, I agree with dabo's spec that Denise is WINNING this. And, I think that's also why Penner and Kent are seen laughing on entering the TC as they see that she's won the IN, and not one of Malc or Skup.

Just my thoughts.

ETA: I think this is the ONLY picture of the RC that there is...

Posted by Flowerpower on 12-14-12 at 10:59 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-14-12 AT 11:00 AM (EST)

OK, I have re-examined everything and I agree with the consensus now. Malc and Skup came to the RC

...with their shirts on and no bag, whereas Lisa had her bag and changed into her jeans most likely. But, it sure looks like Malc and Skup will compete in the IC with no shirts on. Sure looks to me that Denise is indeed winning the RC, as dabo first spec'd.

I would NOT be surprised to see her win the F4 IC either...

"Chal 'tells'"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 12-14-12 at 12:15 PM
Here's my take on separating the chal pics....

RC - JP w/black shirt on....both Skupin and Malcolm wear left wrist buffs and have shirts on.

IC - JP wears a blue shirt....both Skupin and Malcom wear neck buffs and are shirtless.

The IN is only present at the one chal start mat scene....w/neck buffs and shirtless Malcolm/Skupin...and blue shirted JP

All wrist-buffed and shirts-on pics of Malcolm/Skupin are RC

Just my take

"RE: Chal 'tells'"
Posted by Flowerpower on 12-14-12 at 04:46 PM
Thanks Freddy! That makes it much more clear!

Posted by BlueRainbow on 12-14-12 at 05:43 PM
That IC looks like the final IC from Micronesia where there are 2 handles and you have to hold up the pieces in between. Seems like a great challenge for Denise.

"'The Ball Drop' - Micronesia"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 12-14-12 at 06:46 PM
Video clip here:
http://www.tv.com/shows/survivor/immunity-challenge-the-ball-drop-2452797/

Some screencaps...

Posted by Sheldor on 12-14-12 at 08:07 PM
BlueRainbow wrote:

>That IC looks like the final IC from Micronesia where there
>are 2 handles and you have to hold up the
>pieces in between. Seems like a great challenge for Denise.

You are correct! There is a sneak peak of the Immunity Challenge in this week's Survivor Live After Show with Bill Posely and Abi-Maria Gomes

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/ROIo8al6DrlW52B8stAI7EIwdgqmVphN/survivor-live-after-show-episode-9-sprint-question-of-the-week

The Sneak Peak is at: 1:32-2:50

It is the exact Final Immunity Challenge from FvF!

Posted by dabo on 12-14-12 at 08:36 PM
I didn't see any advantage.

Posted by beaglemaster on 12-14-12 at 08:59 PM
I didn't either. Everyone has the same number of sections and the same sizes. My thought is whoever won RC will get to skip adding the last section when it comes time to add it, Not a big advantage but an advantage just the same if you can get that far in the first place.

Posted by Sheldor on 12-14-12 at 09:11 PM
Final Reward Challenge "advantage" has been FOOD both times.

In Panama Terry got a protein-packed meal and in China Amanda won Pizza, brownies, beer, and soft drinks which she opted to share with Todd.

Posted by mimo on 12-14-12 at 09:38 PM
My thoughts exactly Sheldor!! The first thing I though of when they mentioned an advantage was the Panama final RC. In the typical final IC (which oftentimes tends to be an endurance challenge) having a good meal and a good night's sleep probably makes a big difference.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-15-12 at 01:05 AM
That's why I was looking for a full belly in the IC line-up, to see if someone won a similar meal advantage. Denise's abdomen is popping out.

She didn't get a food reward for last time, so she probably really needs some fuel, as the other remaining three all got a lot of food.

"IC14 Sneak Peek Screencaps"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 12-15-12 at 01:42 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-15-12 AT 01:44 PM (EST)

Thanks Sheldor!
Again this is from the Survivor Live After Show....at the 26 min mark...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1poV36KSKNI

Screencaps courtesy of SurvivorFever (ty Mayan Sun)
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s25_ep14_ic.html

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Alright, here we go. Pick up your handles. What you're going to do is put both sides of the handles against that first piece of wood and pick it up. Alright in 3-2-1, pick it up. And this challenge is on. All you have to do is keep that ball balanced. A simple little backyard game could be worth a million bucks.

<elapsed time 4 minutes>

Probst: Everybody looks really solid right now. All you have to do is survive another 30 seconds and you are safe in this round. Malcolm with a little bit of a wobble. Good recovery. 10 seconds left. 5-4-3-2-1, everybody safe, set down your ball, relax your hands.

"RE: IC14 Sneak Peek Screencaps"
Posted by mimo on 12-15-12 at 02:36 PM
Trying to see who has the fullish looking belly. Denise definitely looks like she may have had a meal, but Malcolm also looks like he's got something there. Skupin's belly is sunken by contrast. Could the reward meal have been shared?

"E14 Reward Challenge Preview"
Posted by Sheldor on 12-14-12 at 07:17 PM
Sneak Peak #1 - Reward Challenge Preview competing for Advantage in the Immunity Challenge

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor-philippines/video?watch=9spy2sjn2f

"RE: E14 Reward Challenge Preview"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 12-15-12 at 01:28 PM
Thanks Sheldor!

Here's the screencaps of the chal up to the waterpit...

http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s25_ep14_rc.html

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Here we go. For an advantage in the final Immunity Challenge. Survivors ready? Go! Everybody gets across the balance beam quickly! Malcolm and Skupin, over the bamboo first! Lisa and Denise right behind! Everybody off to a very fast start! Everybody working on their knots now, that first bag of pieces. Once you're untied you make your way through the bamboo. Denise whipping through these knots. Skupin's untied! Malcolm's untied! Lisa's now untied. Keep moving! Three people through! Lisa going up top and it's taking a lot longer!

"E14 Pre Immunity Challenge Preview"
Posted by Sheldor on 12-14-12 at 07:17 PM
Sneak Peak #2 - Pre Immunity Challenge Preview

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor-philippines/video?watch=6riq7daa8s

"RE: E14 Pre Immunity Challenge Preview"
Posted by tikigirlie on 12-14-12 at 08:16 PM
Wow! If they show that clip during the finale, then there's Denise's "it was me or him" excuse if she does eliminate Malcolm at F4. Great for her if she fights to win F3, knowing she would be eliminated even by her closest ally.

That might be Penner mistake take 2. Why not make the alliance with Denise if you're Malcolm? If he wins F4 IC and eliminates Denise, he is still pretty golden over Lisa/Skup with the rest of the jury even without Denise's vote. And being a cerebral player, she might vote for him respecting that he eliminated her as she was a threat.

Posted by beaglemaster on 12-14-12 at 08:30 PM
Well, there's Denise's out to get rid of Malcolm at F4 tribal. She asked him for a commitment for a chance at F3 by at the very least causing a tie so she could make fire to win her spot, and he balked and refused to give her that promise. Bad move Malc! Now she knows he plans to leave her behind, and she can dump him with a clear conscious. And who would fault her for that, he dropped their alliance first.

Posted by Flowerpower on 12-14-12 at 11:30 PM
Wow! I am really surprised they showed all that. I am speculating that Denise wins the RC for the advantage at the IC, and I would bet that she wins that as well. And, then with her being shown trying to work it so Malcolm commits to her so she and Lisa could build fire, and he won't.

I'd say that qualifies as being "crazy", Malcolm. I think Denise's chances of winning the million are increasing. She can make her point, how she had to fight to get to the end of this, even when her closest ally wanted her gone.

GO DENISE!

Posted by dabo on 12-15-12 at 02:26 AM
The curiosity for me is why does this conversation even happen? As far as Denise knows she has been tight with Malcolm to the end; she could easily be blindsided, but somehow she realizes her neck is on the line and has this conversation with Malcolm.

Hm.

Does Lisa give away the F3 plan with Malc and Mike in some effort to soften the blow, play the potential jurist?

In any event, if Denise wins II she now has reason to not throw Malcolm a lifeline by tieing the vote to let it come down to a fire-starter challenge, since he wouldn't commit to doing the same for her.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 12-15-12 at 12:18 PM
>The curiosity for me is why
>does this conversation even happen?

Dabo, I wonder if this scene is after RC? Malcolm says something about his heart still pounding and Denise says he has such a great shot of winning immunity. It's unclear but could be implied that Malcolm wins RC -- which could be why he's feeling so cocky that he won't even reassure his ally. It'll be really ironic if he gets an advantage from RC and STILL loses IC to Denise.

I also like your spec that Lisa tips Denise off after the whale trip/F3 deal from last episode, just like she tipped off Penner he was going. And in exit interviews Abi said that Lisa told her that Skupin was lying and they weren't going with her. So it would fit with LIsa's gameplay.

RE "As far as Denise knows, she has been tight with Malcolm to the end": I think that Malcolm not giving her the HII last week was a tipoff. And she's savvy enough after everyone pounding home that she's unbeatable that the idea must be running through Malcolm's mind.

All of this is great news for Denise. As others have noted, now she has a great excuse for jettisoning the beloved Malcolm. He can't really blame her! Malcolm will have to be consoled with Fan Favorite.

P.S. FloPo, I agree, it's surprising that they're giving us all of this on a platter. Seems too obvious.

Also, I would love to see a tie/firemaking challenge at TC! It's been a while.

Posted by mimo on 12-15-12 at 01:26 PM
Just got a flashback of the pathetic fire making contest between Becky and Sundra ... (hopefully I got the names right.) Now that was funny!!

Posted by mimo on 12-15-12 at 02:34 PM
The shot of Denise and Malcolm walking together with baskets is interesting. Wonder if it's a shared reward.

"BTS RC preview - The Dragon Slayer' (Dreamerteam)"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 12-15-12 at 01:52 PM
Behind The Scenes video preview of the RC14 - 'The Dragon Slayer'...from CBS...

Video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suQormHKHtU&feature=share&list=UUlzCn8DxRSCuMFv_WfzkcrQ

Screencaps courtesy of SurvivorFever (ty Mayan Sun)
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s25_ep14_challenge.html

Transcript:

John Kirhoffer (Survivor Challenges Producer): This is "The Dragon Slayer". It is named after one of my favorite Survivors of all time, Coach Ben Wade, the Dragon Slayer himself. This challenge is called The Dragon Slayer because of this beautiful dragon that Zechariah Jensen designed.

The way it works is, they're going to race across this ridiculously cool obstacle course, collecting puzzle pieces along the way. Pieces to the dragon. First they go up and over a bamboo washboard. Race over to the tied nuts. they stop at the tied nuts and undo their first bag of puzzle pieces. One reason we have a lot of mats is to give the cameramen time to reposition themselves down at the other end of the course. They race to a set of balance beams where they collect another bag of puzzle pieces and they drop it off. And then they race up the batman wall. Using a rope to get to the top, they get the final bag of puzzle pieces. They come back down, empty them all out. Then they fill it all in. Slay the dragon. Okay, they're not slaying a dragon, they're building a dragon. But Coach never called himself the Dragon Builder. The first one to put the dragon together wins.