URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7977
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"No ECST this week?"

Posted by Round Robin on 11-22-12 at 01:49 AM
Surprised nobody posted one. I couldn't have done the play by play, but I'd have posted the thread had I known nobody was gonna do it.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: No ECST this week?"
Posted by Puffy on 11-22-12 at 03:34 AM
This is the first time that I remember no ECST. I'm surprised.

Pete was voted out and Abi used her idol.

Posted by michel on 11-22-12 at 08:39 AM
And Mike gave a lesson to Penner on Survivor strategy...

Posted by Round Robin on 11-22-12 at 11:08 AM
After that TC Abi knew she was gonna get votes. Now she'll probably keep getting them, and she has no idol to save her. Players sometimes keep somebody like Abi around as a finals goat, but I don't think they'll do that this time. They won't want to have to deal with such a ticking time bomb in the closing days of a contest for a million dollars.

Posted by Bebo on 11-23-12 at 04:20 PM
Players sometimes keep somebody like Abi around as a finals goat, but I don't think they'll do that this time.

Jiffy brought that exact point up during TC, but Denise replied that she would rather beat worthy opposition in a final than drag along a weaker player.

Another episode to love Denise. When Abi was getting emotional during the TC, Denise kept her tone even and did not rise to the bait. Abi tried to blame all of the misunderstanding on culture, but Denise calmly pointed out that she has interacted with people from other cultures who are kind, nice, polite, etc. It finally got to the point where Denise calmly said, "I'm done."

Posted by michel on 11-23-12 at 06:10 PM
Jeff was the one that said it could be cultural. Personally, I thought Denise went overboard. It's not her place to analyze Abi and Pete's final words told us that Denise went too far. Probst's remarks were enough, Denise didn't need to pile on.

Posted by Round Robin on 11-24-12 at 01:54 AM
Horsefeathers. Denise didn't come within 10,000 miles of piling on. She was very restrained for as obnoxious as Abi has been all season and how much she was lying at TC. Abi was trying to bull$hit us all by blaming it on her culture, when the real truth is that she is an obnoxious little pain in the a$$ b!tch. She's lucky I wasn't there, because I would have given her all 9 16-inch guns worth of a broadside, and I wouldn't have shed a tear if she broke down and the shrinks pulled her out of the game. If I were on Survivor, I would not want to spend 39 days around such a socially tone deaf little pain in the a$$, and I would take the risk of making a bad impression on others to get her out the fastest way possible, and if that meant driving her nuts, so be it. Better her than me.

Posted by dabo on 11-24-12 at 02:29 AM
Personally, I thought Denise was saying some good stuff, good analysis. But then the whole thing turned wonderfully into a demonstration of how difficult and unreasonable Abi can be as she kept interrupting, wouldn't allow Denise to complete what she was saying, and came up with her own interpretive paranoid spin on what Denise had said and tried to sell everyone else on her own Abi-centric I'm being victimized version of reality, which no one bought.

Unfortunately for Abi, she's no Susan Lucci.

Posted by michel on 11-24-12 at 03:42 AM
But Denise forgot about jury votes. If you would take the risk of making a bad impression on others then I would be glad to play against you. Would make my road to the million that much easier.

Posted by Round Robin on 11-24-12 at 10:06 AM
That I realize, but Abi is such a huge pain in the a$$ that I would willingly take that risk. I would 100 times rather spend 39 days with Russell Hantz than with Abi, and I doubt I would lose that many jury votes. Those votes I lost would be due to my own faults, not for how I reacted to Abi's.

Posted by michel on 11-24-12 at 03:01 PM
I think it cost Denise 3 votes righ there.

As for Hantz, he nearly killed a guy yet he is not as bad as Abi? I'll never understand that.

Posted by rachelOH63 on 11-24-12 at 10:05 PM
Michel - who did (Russell?) Hantz nearly kill? I can't remember any other seasons...I don't know how you remember everyone and what they did (not including nearly killing people).... Thanks!

Posted by michel on 11-24-12 at 11:12 PM
In episode 1 Russell emptied everyone's water canteen. In episode 2 Mike nearly died of dehydration and had to be pulled from the game.

Posted by mimo on 11-25-12 at 03:19 PM
If she makes the jury, it might have cost Denise jury votes from Abi and Pete, but could have won her votes from RC and anyone else that has borne the brunt of Abi-Normal's illogical rants -- maybe even Artis.

For Jeff to insinuate that Abi's behavior is cultural is an insult to all Brazilians. I lived in Brazil for three years -- there is nothing Brazilian about Abi's behavior.

Posted by dabo on 11-26-12 at 01:01 AM
To be fair, Probst's cultural assertion is actually that Abi doesn't really understand American culture, not that Brazilian culture explains Abi.

He may have a point in that Abi in America has maybe spent too much of her time nannying pre-schoolers and learnt her "American" behavior patterns from them.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-22-12 at 11:36 AM
I thought the most interesting thing last night was the contrast between how the 2 veterans reacted when they were offered an F4 deal: Mike took it, Penner came across a little cocky and blew it off. Wants to play the lone wolf (or has a secret deal we don't know about). It was edited for the audience to be surprised and show Penner's missed opportunity. See below for Dalton Ross' take it on it.

My take: Great episode for Mike. Not so good for Penner (and this is coming from someone who loves Penner). Then in the preview, we see Penner getting a little testy with Lisa. Hope that doesn't put a target on his back.

There was a part of me that sighed when Denise/Malcolm/Lisa/Mike made their F4 deal, because "alliances revealed" surely means that at least one of them won't get that far. But nice to see my 4 favorites getting together.

----

From EW:

Did I just see what I thought I saw? Did Jonathan Penner just turn down a promise for a final four alliance? Did he really just tell Skupin and Lisa that he wants to take it one thing at a time and not commit that far down the line? Penner? Seriously? Well, I certainly did not see that one coming. JP is clearly playing the long game. Instead of just looking to get to the end, he wants to make sure he has the jury votes to win should he get there. And that means not backstabbing the people on that jury. But that doesn’t even come into play if you don’t make it there. According to Lisa, “I think he missed an opportunity.” She and Skupin then headed to the woods and made their final 4 alliance with Malcolm and Denise instead. And I am very, very curious to see how that decision will end up shaking out for Penner in the end. The general rule of Survivor is, if someone offers you a long-term alliance, you accept it (even if you do not plan to live up to it). We’ll see how this alternate approach plays out.

Posted by Flowerpower on 11-22-12 at 09:13 AM
So sorry about not starting the thread. Usually when someone's a no show, someone else starts it. My bad.

Had company arriving at showtime. Missed it all.

Posted by jbug on 11-22-12 at 10:37 AM
excuses excuses.....
just kidding!

Posted by Round Robin on 11-22-12 at 11:11 AM
Your company's timing left a hell of a lot to be desired. They must not give a crap about Survivor.

Posted by michel on 11-22-12 at 07:21 PM
Or they had a Survivor party and we weren't invited...

Posted by suzzee on 11-24-12 at 12:15 PM
Oh! Thought you got LOST!

Coronation by Tribe

Posted by Flowerpower on 11-24-12 at 12:19 PM
Trust me, H, I got soooooo LOST!

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-24-12 at 06:47 PM
>Trust me, H, I got soooooo
>LOST!

Some lost things can't be found again.

(Others come around again next week)

"If given a choice between two equally promising lines of play, always choose the more elegant." ~ my Dad