URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7975
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"E10 Title - 'Whiners are Wieners'"

Posted by Blind Freddy on 11-15-12 at 05:45 PM
A place for E10 title/teasers/PR/etc to discuss

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Press Release"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 11-15-12 at 05:47 PM
Here's the E10 Press Release from CBS....

-------------------

CASTAWAYS COMPETE FOR A LUXURIOUS SPA GETAWAY AND TEMPERS FLARE WHEN ONE CASTAWAY RETURNS WITH A FULL BELLY AND A BITTER ATTITUDE, on “SURVIVOR: PHILIPPINES,” WEDNESDAY, NOV. 21

CHEAT TWEET: What are U thankful 4? Ur bed? Technology? A #Thanksgiving feast!? Nothing like #Survivor to remind you! 11/21 at 8/7c http://bit.ly/ZCEUaO

"Whiners are Wieners" — Castaways compete for a luxurious spa getaway and tempers flare when one castaway returns with a full belly and a bitter attitude, on SURVIVOR: PHILIPPINES, Wednesday, Nov. 21 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network
---------------------------

"No Recap?"
Posted by dabo on 11-15-12 at 06:08 PM
This sounds like an actual episode. YAY!

"RE: Press Release"
Posted by byoffer on 11-15-12 at 06:26 PM
Full belly and bitter attitude? Bitter seems to scream of Abi. We know from the preview that she is bitter at Lisa, and she has shown ongoing paranoia, so maybe she is mad about discussions that happen while she is on reward?

Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-15-12 at 07:40 PM
Agreed, bitter is Abi's middle name! Only other possibility could be Pete.

The title sounds like something Malcolm or maybe Penner would say about the evil alliance.

Based on this release from CBS, it appears there is no recap Thanksgiving week. So what does that mean for the schedule?

Wed., 11/21 = Start with 8, down to 7
Wed., 11/28 = Start with 7, down to 6
Wed., 12/5 = Start with 6, down to 5
Wed., 12/12 = Start with 5, down to 4
Finale, 12/16 = Start with F4??
(Unless they stick a recap in another week?? Or am I missing something?)

Do we know for sure if it's an F2 or F3 this season? I'm confused.

Posted by ASurvivorFan on 11-15-12 at 08:41 PM
I think its a Final 2. Gabon was the last time Survivor had 18 contestants. Well, Redemption Island and South Pacific had 18 players, but the redemtion twist messed with the schedule. Its like having 20 players instead of 18.

If you look at the days they were voted out it does seem like a Final 2. Artis was voted Day 25 and he's 9th place. 14 more days. Back in Gabon, Charlie was 9th place but he was voted out at Day 27.

Comparison.

Place - Philippines - Gabon
11th - RC (Day 19) - Dan/Ace (Day 21)
10th - Jeff (Day 22) - Marcus (Day 24)
9th - Artis (Day 25) - Charlie (Day 27)

So if you'll notice Gabon had 8 people left with 12 days. Philippines has 8 people left with 14 days.

My guess
8th Place (Day 27)
7th Place (Day 30)
6th Place (Day 33)
5th Place (Day 36)
4th Place (Day 37)
3rd Place (Day 38)
Final 2 (Day 39)

I think a Final 2 is more exciting than a Final 3. But if they do go for a Final 3, I think this would be the schedule.

8th Place (Day 28)
7th Place (Day 31)
6th Place (Day 34)
5th Place (Day 36)
4th Place (Day 38)
Final 2 (Day 39)

Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-15-12 at 09:04 PM
Thanks for the info. I like F2s better too in principle, but I'm a little bummed if that's the case this season, because there are several players I really like, and an F2 means that one less of them will make it to the Final TC.

One other factor that could point to an F2 is that then there would be a 9-person jury, whereas F3 would mean an even-numbered jury of 8. (Although as I recall, they've had even-numbered juries before -- wasn't it an even numbered jury when Cirie got screwed by an F2? That was unexpected.)

Posted by michel on 11-18-12 at 10:12 PM
But the F2 wasn;t planned in Micronesia. It happened because of James' disqualification.

So, we could have an F2 this season! It should always be the way to do it.

"Jeff's EW tease for next week"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-15-12 at 09:20 PM
In case it's helpful, here's what Probst teases for next week in his EW interview:

EW: Looks like Lisa is still struggling over what to do. Tease us up for next week!
PROBST: Strategy reigns supreme. Moves are made. Who will be left out in the cold?

"RE: Jeff's EW tease for next week"
Posted by ASurvivorFan on 11-16-12 at 02:46 AM
PROBST: Strategy reigns supreme. Moves are made. Who will be left out in the cold?

I don't think he would be saying this if Pete or Abi gets voted out. From the last TC, the alliance of Malcolm-Denise-Penner-Carter has been established with Mike as a swing vote. You'd think Pete or Abi will be next.

I think something happens and Carter does go home or someone from the alliance of Penner. Or it could be PROBST is just trolling us and overhyping the next episode.

I've been reading somewhere that Carter made the family visit. Can someone confirm or deny that?

"RE: Jeff's EW tease for next week"
Posted by dabo on 11-16-12 at 03:11 AM
Welcome aboard.

Without sullying this thread with (reliability debatable per past failures, red herrings) so-called "source" spoilers, I refer you to this post (no one click who does not want the disinformation, spoiler alert or whatever aruhga aruhga) ...

You've been warned.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7932.shtml#33