URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7974
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Ep 10, Vidcaps"

Posted by Flowerpower on 11-15-12 at 08:36 AM
As always, thanks so much to Survivor Fever to bringing us the video captures week after week, year after year! We <3 you!

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor, Skupin has a plan to steal Lisa from her alliance...

Skupin: You and me in the final four.

Lisa: Wow!

Probst: But breaking up with Abi is hard to do.

Lisa: I can't be in an alliance with someone who really doesn't trust me.

Abi: But you started the game with us.

Lisa: I did.

Lisa (camera confessional): I have never been good at breakups.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Ep 10, Vidcaps"
Posted by Flowerpower on 11-15-12 at 08:45 AM
When I first heard this promo I was scratching my head, because of this:

Skupin has a plan to steal Lisa from her alliance...

Well, last night Lisa made that jump, or at least that was how I took it when she voted with Penner and company to vote out Artis and break up the evil 3.

So, what is Skupin talking about?

Last night it was:

Penner, Carter, Denise, Malcolm, Lisa, Skupin

vs.

Abi, Artis, Pete

Now, it's the Penner 5 vs. Pete/Abi.

So, if Skupin has a plan to steal Lisa from her alliance..., and follows with, You and me in the final four., he is obviously breaking off of the group with 2 others to form a final 4. So, another twist.

Lisa's "alliance" was with Penner, and Skupin has a plan to steal her away from Penner. So, I am thinking that Skupin wants to go with Denise/Malcolm to take over the game from not only Pete/Abi, but from Penner and Carter as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pete go this week, or perhaps another option for them would be to recruit Pete/Abi to vote out Penner or Carter out this week. Time will tell.

Posted by crispy06 on 11-15-12 at 10:05 AM
does Lisa have an alliance with penner? I dont think so, she voted for him last night.
-Skupin is probably talking about breaking away from Tandang or Abi/pete and going with malcolm, denise and penner to the final 5.

Posted by byoffer on 11-15-12 at 10:09 AM
But Lisa stuck with Abi, Artis and Pete this week. Wouldn't stealing her away from them then lead to her being part of Penner, Carter, Denise, Malcolm, Skupin? Unless you think that she was part of this team this week, and strategically voted against Penner as part of their strategy to make Abi/Pete wonder who/how many had flipped.

Posted by SOAR64 on 11-15-12 at 09:11 AM
They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, and the vidcaps this week does just that. I am often short on giving credit to the Survivor production crew for what they do, but I feel that now is the time to recognize their efforts.
No words are needed to explain what is happening between Lisa and Abi. The photos say it all. The expressions on both of their faces transmit their feelings at that moment in time. Excellent job Survivor production crew. One of the photos of Abi reminds me of my boot camp instructor when I attended Air Force basic training.

Posted by Blind Freddy on 11-15-12 at 11:30 AM
I agree SOAR64, Production has done agreat job of capturing and editing the storylines of Lisa, Penner, Abi, Malcom and Denise...especially thru this usually hard-to-sustain mid-game episode period. Skupin, Artis and Carter have been major disappointments so far, tho not thru any faults of Prod. But, yes Prod really has done a great job this season, so Kudos to them!

"Web promo"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-17-12 at 12:17 PM
Here is the transcript for the web promo, thanks to Survivor Fever.

Transcript:

Announcer: CBS, Wednesday. After 25 days, they've survived severe weather...

Malcolm: I haven't been this wet, this is ridiculous.

Announcer: ...they've survived without food...

Lisa: We are not in control.

Announcer: ...but can they survive the most annoying castaway...

Abi (lying down, talking to Skupin, Lisa, Denise and Penner): I heard my name?

Denise and Lisa: No.

Abi: Oh maybe I'm deaf.

Announcer: ...ever.

Abi: I don't want to cook but I definitely do want to eat.

Denise (camera confessional): You have lost your freaking mind.

Abi (talking to Lisa): I'm not going to try any harder.

Denise (camera confessional): You need to go home.

----

So, it's all about Abi being the most annoying player ever. Clearly misdirection, don't think she's going yet since she's the hated goat with no chance to win and not a physical threat.

Interesting that we have Denise "calling the shots" in this promo that someone needs to go home. Good sign for her vs. everything Lisa centric of late.

Sorry, don't have time to bring all the caps over, but note the one cap here showing Abi with a bottle of wine -- from reward? Might tie with CBS clues this week. Sounds like Abi cops a bitter attitude of others need to feed her and do work.

"RE: Web promo"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 11-17-12 at 01:57 PM
Here's the screencaps from the web promo....
Courtesy of SurvivorFever (ty Mayan Sun)
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s25_ep10_wp.html

Video viewable here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GFs3q6zlHA&feature=plcp

(transcript already posted above (ty Squid)...but also re-posted here for convenience in replies ref...
-------------------
Transcript:

Announcer: CBS, Wednesday. After 25 days, they've survived severe weather...

Malcolm: I haven't been this wet, this is ridiculous.

Announcer: ...they've survived without food...

Lisa: We are not in control.

Announcer: ...but can they survive the most annoying castaway...

Abi (lying down, talking to Skupin, Lisa, Denise and Penner): I heard my name?

Denise and Lisa: No.

Abi: Oh maybe I'm deaf.

Announcer: ...ever.

Abi: I don't want to cook but I definitely do want to eat.

Denise (camera confessional): You have lost your freaking mind.

Abi (talking to Lisa): I'm not going to try any harder.

Denise (camera confessional): You need to go home.
-------------------------

Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-17-12 at 02:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-17-12 AT 02:12 PM (EST)

Thanks Blind Freddy -- you rock!

Abi hitting Mike in the head with the coconut still cracks me up.

So a lot of this is old footage. I'd almost wonder if it's a recap, but the CBS clues this week imply it's a new episode.

Just wondering --
Is the wine bottle shot new? or from the merge?
Also, does Abi's hair seem cleaner in some of these shots, or is it because they're old? Or am I just imagining her hair looks cleaner because I'm guessing she's part of the reward?

And what is the closeup of something in the woman's hands?? Trying to figure out whose red and black bathing suit that is. Is that old or new shot?

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-17-12 at 03:24 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-17-12 AT 03:31 PM (EST)

The wine bottle is from the merge - we've seen it for two or three episodes now.

As well, that red and black bathing suit looks like Katie's. Wonder if Lisa has a similar one? We've usually only seen her with a black miniskirt type as a bathing suit bottom but not what might be underneath. No idea what that might be in the hands.

ETA: I do believe it's Katie with the black and red bathing suit in that picture as these are 'young' hands and Lisa's look different in other vidcaps - not sure what's the point in inserting that shot in there for such a fleeting moment. As well, in the picture immediately before the one with Katie, there's Skupin with an apparent lack of a beard and Artis in the background. Old pic. Earlier in that set, there's a shot of Malcolm that appears to be from much earlier in the game.

Posted by dabo on 11-17-12 at 03:45 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-17-12 AT 03:50 PM (EST)

A piece of fish.
Bite of coconut.

Posted by gizmo_ber on 11-17-12 at 04:20 PM
Haven't posted here in years, just started following along again after missing a few of the past seasons. Haven't seen the actual promo yet, but these smell of recap episode, especially given the timing this week.

Would the real mogwai please stand up?

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-17-12 at 04:35 PM
According to Zap2it, it's a new episode.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-17-12 at 06:30 PM
Gizmo, agree with you that these smell of recap, which would be typical for Thanksgiving week. Yet as Pepe points out, the TV listings and CBS Clues all point to a new episode. Although I guess a recap would still = new...but clues imply it's not a recap, there's a reward, etc. Will be interesting to see what happens.

"NOT A RECRAP"
Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 11-17-12 at 10:59 PM
Definitely not a recrap this week. This was confirmed by Rob Cesternino in his Podcast.

"RE: NOT A RECRAP"
Posted by mrtricky19 on 11-18-12 at 00:08 AM
I dont know about all the rest of you, but it looks like Malcolm's story is done. He hasnt' had a big presence lately. Just saying, they seem to be distancing him from the story slowly and he might be done soon.

"RE: NOT A RECRAP"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-18-12 at 11:31 AM
Thanks Scarlett for confirming! Then I think it's a good possibility we have an F2 vs. F3 although they could do an even number jury again.

Posted by byoffer on 11-20-12 at 02:49 PM
Interesting pic below:

How would the 4 of these be eating together? RC losers?

Signed,
DearAbby!

Posted by dabo on 11-20-12 at 03:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-12 AT 03:19 PM (EST)

Ah, now it makes sense! The four older players v the four younger players. That's probably the only way liABIlity manages to get in on the reward, get a full belly, and return to camp grumpy. Pete tried to work on Carter and Malcolm but she made the mistake of talking.

"cups?"
Posted by dabo on 11-20-12 at 03:55 PM

"RE: cups?"
Posted by dabo on 11-20-12 at 06:08 PM
What have we here?

Posted by DearAbby on 11-20-12 at 07:38 PM
Is it the same bottle that's at Denise's feet at both RC and IC?

Signed,
byoffer!

Posted by dabo on 11-21-12 at 03:15 AM
I wasn't so much interested in the bottle as with what else was on the wood platform for their picnic. But thank you.

On full examination this is a camp story not a reward leisure story.

Posted by ASurvivorFan on 11-18-12 at 01:30 AM
Just wanna ask, why are Pete, Carter and Malcolm together these days. I mean in real life. According to wiki Carter is from Kansan, Pete is from New Jersey and Malcolm is from California. Are they together because they need to do interviews soon, meaning they will be voted out next?

Posted by dabo on 11-18-12 at 01:45 AM
Dunno. Please explain, link if you can, what you mean by those three being "together these days" in "real life."?

As for doing interviews, media tours, no. This makes no sense to me, the basic controls and baby-sitters are always sitting in and really stepping in to shut things down if they need to anyway.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-18-12 at 01:52 AM
I'm on Twitter. There's been a number of posts (and pictures) by Malcolm that show Carter, Pete and Malcolm hanging out together - most with just the three of them and a couple with Angie in there as well.

Posted by mrtricky19 on 11-18-12 at 02:07 AM
Because I think that is the boot order the next few...Pete, then Malcolm, then Carter, then Abi....I think those are the next four, would make sense.

Posted by dabo on 11-18-12 at 02:12 AM
Ah. AOK.

I don't twitter or facebook but I trust Pepe, so OK.

Curious, very curious.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-18-12 at 02:20 AM
Here's just one of a few pics that have come out in the past few days (this is apparently in L.A. as there's some tweets referring to Pete just arriving in town for a visit):

Note that Angie and Abi are also "CCed" on these messages.

Posted by mrtricky19 on 11-18-12 at 05:28 AM
so the younger crowd hangs out with one another but none of them hang out with the older crowd? weird! no pics of these guys with Penner, Denise or even Lisa....makes you think that there really was a generational gap and that its long lasting.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-18-12 at 11:30 AM
Thanks, Pepe, for sharing. Carter finally shows some personality!

Makes sense these 3 guys (same age etc.) would bond in Losers Lodge. Edit and game logic say they won't make F3....plus now I'm starting to wonder if it'll be an F2 this season.

Agree with those who say Malcolm's fallen off the map the last couple of episodes, other than his nice life-changing quote that's more about the journey than the game. We know he has the HII so unless he gets blindsided or gives it away, he should stay longer than Pete and Carter....I think Penner might go before Malcolm. How long is the HII good for, F5 or F4?

If Lisa/Mike/Penner/Denise can get these 3 big physical threats out, more power to them!

Posted by ASurvivorFan on 11-18-12 at 11:35 AM
Jaison of Samoa said that the immunity idol is only up to Day 36. On the TC that Rupert got voted out, Jeff said that that was the last night the idol can be used. Rupert was also voted out at Day 36. So F6 if its a Final 5 and F4 if its a Final 2.

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 11-18-12 at 10:49 AM
Jim Early has at least three or four pics of them together on his Facebook Survivor Whispers page. Maybe they are doing a promo together?

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-18-12 at 12:06 PM
For what little it's worth, I personally don't think these pics or get-togethers have much spoiler value at all, other than *maybe* they got to bond really well in Loser Lodge (but no reason they couldn't have already bonded while still in the game). They're all in the same age range and they're all horndogs, so it makes sense they'd get together regardless of how they did in the game.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-18-12 at 11:41 AM

Pepe, thanks for confirming that the wine bottle is from the merge!

What about this shot with the flower? I don't recall seeing this one before. Still going with my theory that Abi is one of the reward winners (per clues).

Posted by mrtricky19 on 11-18-12 at 04:09 PM
They all bonded in loser's lodge, none of them have winning edits at all. Malcolm's story is over with, they'd have to be stupid to have him stick around much longer. He has an idol, and now they all know about it, he's definitely getting blindsided no question. Pete is done! Carter never had any relevance so I see him going real soon too. So all the young athletic guys will be an after thought real soon. But then again, Survivor is full of crappy players that make decisions not based on common sense, so them having Malcolm and Carter stay could happen too, even though they're huge immunity threats, but sometimes people don't like to win the game..

Posted by Bebo on 11-18-12 at 09:44 PM
The big question that sticks out to me...why are we hearing so much about the Skupin-Lisa alliance? After all, he's in an alliance that currently has a 5-3 advantage. There are two possible explanations that stick out to me:

1. Lisa is the only one in the minority alliance with no protection of a HII. Abi has it, she may give it to Pete if she thinks he's in danger, but she'd never give it to Lisa. Skupin saving Lisa from being a target could either make her a stronger ally or a potential sympathetic vote on the jury should he make the final.

2. They want to flush out Abi's idol. They can't do that with a 5-3 alliance, but they could with a 6-2. With 6 votes, they could throw 3 at Pete and 3 at Abi, and whichever one didn't use the idol would be gone.

Lisa and Abi are the stories in those promos. Will Lisa flip? And will Abi annoy people so much that she gets voted out this time? I think Lisa will flip, because she realizes she's doomed if she stays with Pete and Abi. But I think that there's so much attention on Abi that she doesn't go...most likely by using her idol so that Pete, her alliance mate, goes.

Posted by dabo on 11-18-12 at 10:11 PM
Basically, IMO, there are no solid alliances here. Malcolm and Denise are a fairly solid pair, as are Pete and Abi though they've been knocked back by the loss of Artis. Penner has been running as a lone wolf since the merge, Jeff turned Kalabaw against him. By default Carter can go with Penner or with Pete and Abi, or he can stick with Denise and Malcolm. Lisa has been trying to remain loyal to Tandang, but now has to choose between Pete and Abi or Mike. Mike has broke from the Tandang pack to take his chances with Penner or whoever, hoping to convince Lisa to come with him.

"Press Pics"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 11-19-12 at 03:36 PM
E10 Press Pics from CBS....

Courtesy of SurvivorFever (ty Mayan Sun)
http://www.survivorfever.net/s25_ep10_press_images.html

Captioned as during Reward Challenge

Captioned as during Reward Challenge

Captioned as during Immunity Challenge

Captioned as during Immunity Challenge

"RE: Press Pics"
Posted by byoffer on 11-20-12 at 09:55 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-12 AT 03:03 PM (EST)

Abi sure seems to love that wine bottle! Surely no wine left, but it must give her a comfort thing (she is probably drinking her water from it - maybe claiming it for her water bottle gives her a feeling of power)

Reward Challenge
- two rings, at least one with two round platforms. Colours are Yellow and Red, so clearly two teams (and Abi gets to play!!)
- Is the taller platform for Jeff or part of the challenge? I will suggest the latter, especially noting the two coloured stakes in front of the platform.

Immunity Challenge
- L to R, Denise, Carter, Abi, Pete, Skupin, Lisa, Penner
- Looks like they have to "thread" a buoy (see the white buoy in Denise's left hand, closest to the camera) along a tangle rope. I see no evidence that they are tethered to the buoy (Pete is reaching over to move his bouy along). If they were tethered, I would give huge advantage to Denise with her size and agility. Without the tethering, there is some advantage to those with long arms (like Pete) but I will still pick this as a Denise challenge for her tenacity.
- Visually it might seem that Denise is in the lead, but we don't know which direction they are moving nor can we see very many of the buoys.

Jonathon talking to Abi - I don't recall seeing that before!

"RE: Press Pics"
Posted by DearAbby on 11-20-12 at 07:51 PM
Does the IC have two parts?

"IC Promo."
Posted by dabo on 11-20-12 at 10:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-12 AT 10:23 PM (EST)

Thanks to the folks at Survivorfever.
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s25_ep10_challenge.html

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Are you guys ready to get to today's Immunity Challenge? First things first, Skupin, take back the Immunity necklace. Once again Immunity is back up for grabs.

For today's challenge you will maneuver a buoy through a tangled rope. The first five to finish move onto the next round where you will race to move your buoy along a balance beam. The first three to finish move onto the final round where you will navigate your buoy through a series of obstacles in the water. The first person to get to the finish wins Immunity and a guaranteed 1 in 7 shot at winning this game. Losers go to Tribal Council and after 27 days somebody will be voted out.\

Pete (camera confessional): For me, it all comes down to this challenge. Abi has the idol so if I don't win Immunity, I'm pretty much screwed. So, all I can do is fight right now, otherwise it's me.

Probst: We'll draw for spots and get started. Here we go! First round! Survivors ready? Go!

<Survivors start challenge>

Probst: Very simple in design but a little more difficult to execute. You've got to get your buoy through this tangled rope to the finish post. The first five to get to there post move onto the next round. Losers, may be out of this game for good. Malcolm working quickly. Pete making progress. Penner gettin' close. Malcolm close to the end! Carter close to the end! Denise is in this!

"RE: IC Promo."
Posted by Blind Freddy on 11-21-12 at 00:35 AM
Thanks Dabo for bringing those over!

Video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he3PZV10kuI&feature=plcp

Looks like it's 3 stages...
Stage 1 - 8 players work buoy along rope between 2 posts....first 5 to finish advance to Stage 2

Stage 2 - 5 players crouch-atop balance beam working buoy around the beam to its end. First 3 players advance to stage 3

Stage 3 - 3 players work buoy along rope out into ocean and out to a raised platform(w/ladder) and work buoy around and over the obstacle...then along to an outrigger canoe....around and over the canoe...then along to a floating platform.

Not sure if this is the finsih area or not. There's no apparent separate JP observation platform so maybe they have to return to the beach???? There also might be diving involved at the floating platform as well???

JP audibles in the clip during the Stage 1 section that Carter, Jonathan, Denise, Malcolm and Pete are all "making progress/close/in it". So that suggests that those are the 5 that advance to Stage 2, with the eventual IC winner as one of those 5.

Posted by dabo on 11-21-12 at 01:56 AM
It's a bit odd that the demo section ends with

Possibly for the third stage they start on the raft, jump into the water, work their way to and then around the outrigger, work their way to and onto and around the platform (ladders are on the outrigger side), then make their way back to the beach, first one back wins immunity.

Posted by Sheldor on 11-21-12 at 12:03 PM
I agree with you Dabo. In the Demo section they show the overall 3rd leg then close up on the outrigger, then close up on the platform with stairs on the deeper side, then close up on dream teamer pushing float to the pole on the beach.

First stage is like a puzzle so I'm not surprised to see Penner first to the knot. Definitely looks like Penner, Malcolm, Carter, and Denise are 4 of the 5 to make it to leg 2 and since Jeff also said Pete is doing well, I would guess Pete is the 5th.

Leg 2 requires good balance to unthread the float while standing and leaning over on the balance beam. I would give the edge to Denise (short, athletic, and low center of gravity), Carter (lean and physically fit), and Malcolm over Pete as Malcolm has proven to be better than Pete in challenges. I think Penner would struggle with this leg.

As long as Pete doesn't make it to Leg 3 then the others can relax and not really care won wins but I would think Carter has the best shot at winning Leg 3.

"Whiners are Wieners (Sneak Peek 2)"
Posted by Sheldor on 11-21-12 at 12:35 PM
There are two Sneak Peaks this week.

The first is the Immunity Challenge already posted with screen caps.

The second Sneak Peak is on Day 26 with Abi and Lisa talking to each other.

Survivor: Philippines - Whiners are Wieners (Sneak Peek 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY_nRxOHO_g

or on the CBS Press Express site
http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor-philippines/video?watch=6gec6ymf5x