URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7959
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"E7 vidcaps"

Posted by Blind Freddy on 10-25-12 at 10:52 AM
A place for E7 vidcaps/screencaps and discussion thereof.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"E7 Preview video"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 10-25-12 at 11:09 AM
Here are the screencaps of the E7 preview...
Courtesy of SurvivorFever (ty Mayan Sun)
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s25_ep7_10_24.html

CBS video link:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/JPYvVlJjGt__rMq6OwDyfThC_xFXbhaY/survivor-philippines-next-time-on-episode-7

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor, Lisa is no stranger to the facts of life.

Malcolm (talking to Lisa): You remind me of Mama and that's just how it's gonna be.

Lisa (camera confessional): You kind of have to take all that with a grain of salt. I could be being played.

Probst: And a twist in the game...

Skupin? : Something's happenin'.

Probst: ...forces everyone to scramble.

Malcolm: I buried my idol the first day I got here.

Skupin (camera confessional): We're now in all new territory, for all of us.

"RE: E7 Preview video"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-25-12 at 11:35 AM
Thanks Blind Freddy! So is that a boat coming for them off in the distance to pick them up? Or is that Penner's tribe arriving at Skrupin's tribe's camp?

So does this mean it's the merge or some other wrinkle like switching camps? I think it's hilarious how everyone's scrambling and Malcolm has to dig up his idol and Mike passes him - wonder if he'll realize that Malcolm has the HII.

P.S. Here is Probst's EW teaser for next week. He makes it sound like an opportunity for ONE tribe.

EW: Finally, I’ll trade you all my rice if you’ll give us a tease for next week.
PROBST: Your rice isn’t worth the info I have. But in typical Survivor fashion, the game most definitely changes and results in a huge opportunity for one tribe.

Posted by crispy06 on 10-25-12 at 12:10 PM
I think it's the merge next week and they all go to a new beach. Interesting that Malcolm is trying to pull in Lisa, he seems to gravitate toward older ladies.

Posted by Corvis on 10-25-12 at 06:02 PM
The huge opportunity for one tribe is Kalabaw, who was down in numbers and with the fractures in the yellow tribe, they're able to use that to make sure a yellow tribe member goes home. Early guess: Abi.

Posted by crispy06 on 10-25-12 at 06:22 PM
I don't think so. Abi would never be the first Tandang to go home, she's totally useless. Kalabaw will want to take out a bigger gun. Possibly RC, Pete, Artis, or Mike.

Posted by pinchy on 10-25-12 at 07:20 PM
Abi going home... I wish! Doubtful though it does seem that someone from Tandang will go, wonder who? usually after a merge it's a strong threatening guy who is no longer worth it, tossup between Artis or Peter, hoping it's Peter (and then Abi), but likely Artis, then Peter, then Abi.

Posted by byoffer on 10-25-12 at 03:00 PM
I know this is a spoiler thread, but I have to comment first on the pictures at the top. Looks like an eagle attacking and missing a monkey in a tree. Pretty cool! Could an eagle really take on a large monkey like that?

Posted by SpotTheDiffference on 10-25-12 at 06:36 PM
It's been known to happen. In fact, the Philippine Eagle (the national bird of the Philippines) was previously known as the Monkey-Eating Eagle, because it was thought of as preying exclusively on monkeys.

Posted by CTgirl on 10-25-12 at 07:09 PM
Where's Emy with her animal imagery analysis?! If that is the case, who do you suppose the Philippines Eagle is supposed to represent? And the monkey for that case too.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-25-12 at 10:07 PM
Great stuff! Thanks for pointing this out, byoffer and spot. Wasn't there a clip this past week of 2 monkeys grooming each other, then they cut to Kent and Carter? I'll have to rewatch but it struck me as funny at the time with their spiked hair. And I would think that Kent and Carter are on the hot seat at the merge, given that Penner's tribe is outnumbered, they're alpha males on that tribe, and Penner has the HII.

On the other hand, I suppose you could interpret this animal imagery to mean that a quicker/smarter/opportunist competitor CAN take on a larger foe...which could be good news for Penner's tribe as underdogs...or perhaps it's more interesting if applied at an individual level.

See below for a little more I dug up on the Philippines Eagle from wikipedia -- interesting that the words "predator" and "opportunist" come up. Maybe that's the lesson/symbolism here, that you have to be an opportunist to win at Survivor. So, who will make the most of an opportunity at the merge? Jeff mentions in his teaser that one tribe has an opportunity this week, hmmm.

----

"Like most predators, the Philippine Eagle is an opportunist that takes prey based on its local level of abundance and ease.<28> The Philippine Eagle is apex predator in its range.

"Prey specimens found at the eagle's nest have ranged in size from a small bat weighing 10 g (0.35 oz) to a Philippine deer weighing 14 kg (31 lb).<28> The primary prey varies from island to island depending on species availability, particularly in Luzon and Mindanao. This is due to the islands being in different faunal regions. For example, the tree squirrel-sized Philippine flying lemurs, the preferred prey in Mindanao, are absent in Luzon.<7> The primary prey for the eagles seen in Luzon are monkeys, birds, flying foxes, giant cloud-rats Phloeomys pallidus which can weigh twice as much as flying lemurs at, 2 to 2.5 kg (4.4 to 5.5 lb), and reptiles such as large snakes and lizards.["

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-26-12 at 05:02 PM
I agree with your post, Byoffer! I couldn't get past that imagery either. Amazing footage that they continue to get at all of these vast locales.

Yes, Spot probably knows more about these Phillipine eagles than I do, but it sure looks comparable to our American Osprey, also known as Sea Hawks. You know, they are the same birds that took a huge hit with DDT poisoning, at the top of the food chain and all, and now they have made a very nice come back. They can be seen all over Coastal North America. I have seen many just this summer.

I think they return to the same nests every year. They are amazing birds and definitely sharp predators. The American Osprey:

Here is what I found regarding the Osprey:

The Osprey is a rather large bird, with a wingspan of around 6.5 ft (2 m) and a height of 24 in (60 cm). It is a powerful raptor and usually lives near large bodies of water. It is also known as a sea-hawk or fish-eagle, and it mainly feeds on fish.

Osprey differ from other birds of prey like eagles and falcons that are active during the day: their second outer toe is reversible. Like an owl, they can grab their prey with two toes at the front, and two at the back. Their toes are also the same length.

Highly Evolved Species

This is one of the few animals that have a single species that can be found all over the world. They are present at different times of the year in four continents. Antarctica is the one place they don't venture to. North American Osprey go to South America during the Northern hemisphere's winter season, and European Osprey fly to Southern Africa for the southern hemisphere's warm season.

(This was from http://www.factzoo.com/birds/osprey-raptor-around-the-world.html )

I know alot of folks are familiar with this bird:

Posted by SpotTheDiffference on 10-27-12 at 04:01 AM
For the record, the bird as shown in the vidcaps is not a Philippine eagle--it lacks the characteristic "crown" that the Philippine eagle has. I was merely pointing out that there are birds of prey that hunt large monkeys.

Posted by suzzee on 10-26-12 at 12:23 PM
Did Malcolm ever say anything like that to Denise (the Mama comment)? He does seem drawn to older women and I believe he commented on that with Denise being more stable and mature.

As for the animal imagery I wonder if Malcolm is the eagle swooping on the monkey Lisa) with a swing and a miss. Lisa seems wary of Malcolm's intentions, as she should be the they are bringing the image of the observant lizard as her again being aware of her surroundings.

Coronation by Tribe

Posted by SOAR64 on 10-26-12 at 01:56 PM
It is my belief that the lizard represents Abi. You will notice that in the three frames, it has not moved or done anything. This could represent Abi's lack of participation in the challenges.

Posted by crispy06 on 10-26-12 at 02:18 PM
I think the lizard is supposed to represent 'going with the flow' or adapting to circumstances. So it's much more about Lisa than Abi. The snake represents Abi/pete more.

Posted by suzzee on 10-26-12 at 04:59 PM
Abi should be represented by a sloth or the back end of an horse. Either would do.

What a lovely bunch of coconuts.

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-26-12 at 05:04 PM
As for the animal imagery I wonder if Malcolm is the eagle swooping on the monkey Lisa) with a swing and a miss. Lisa seems wary of Malcolm's intentions, as she should be the they are bringing the image of the observant lizard as her again being aware of her surroundings.

Nice job with that animal imagery, suzzee! Color me impressed, I like it!

"ONE TRIBE, Promo"
Posted by Flowerpower on 10-26-12 at 05:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-26-12 AT 05:23 PM (EST)

Edited my post because Freddy was one step ahead! As always, thanks Freddy.

"RE: ONE TRIBE, Promo"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 10-26-12 at 05:34 PM
Back at ya FloPo

"E7 Web Promo - 'One Tribe'"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 10-26-12 at 05:13 PM
The E7 Web Promo is up at CBS:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/jJWwsm3nZv8DwEhOZSESTTcEMdmuh_Kx/survivor-philippines-not-the-only-actor-on-this-island-preview-

Screencaps courtesy of SurvivorFever (ty Mayan Sun)
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s25_ep7_wp.html

Transcript:

Announcer: Survivor, Wednesday...

Penner (reading treemail): Congratulations...

Tandang Tribe: The tribes are merging!

Announcer: One tribe...

Penner (camera confessional): It's a new lifeline for us.

Skupin (camera confessional): So we're now in all new territory.

Announcer: ...not united!

RC (talking to Abi): We aren't all one big happy family.

Announcer: Merging madness has begun.

Penner (talking to Skupin): I got four loyal people.

Jeff Kent (talking to Pete, Malcolm and Artis): I don't want a veteran to win.

Skupin (talking to RC): We're all free agents.

Malcolm (talking to Lisa): It's me, you and Denise to the end.

"RE: E7 Web Promo - 'One Tribe'"
Posted by crispy06 on 10-26-12 at 06:26 PM
Merge madness alright. But i wonder if the merge boot will be as crazy as this episode appears. Obvious boots right now would be Carter and Artis because of their recent spike in airtime but it may also be a strong player because traditionally the merge boot is edited fairly well. Which storyline looks like its coming to a close? Jeff doesn't trust Penner, while Penner claims to have a strong loyal four(he doesn't) Those two are going in opposite directions, i don't think that stroyline has any legs. So this may be a Jeff or Penner boot.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-26-12 at 09:10 PM
Love the merge madness! But Malcolm saying him, Lisa and Denise to the end = the kiss of death/plans revealed, so at least one of them won't be F3. Bummer. But I'm glad that they're getting a cross-tribe alliance going. And I think it bodes well for Denise and Lisa, which is backed up by their edits.

Kent sure is all over the place making deals. Artis/Abi/Pete will love his "don't let a veteran win" talk. Whose hand is that in the lower left corner talking to Abi/Kent/Pete when Pete says this will be fun? Hmmm. Does Kent sell someone on his tribe out? Or could he be playing them?

RC/Abi showdown foreshadowing continues. Mike and RC seem ready to jump ship to Penner's tribe...which could lead to a Artis boot...but would they really want to be on the bottom of a alliance of 6?

If it's a Kalabaw voted out this week, I still think Carter is the easy boot and his edit plus last week's unwarranted spike seem to back that up. And he's nearly invisible in terms of presence in this promo. On the other hand, Kent is the bigger physical threat.

So will this be an epic endurance merge challenge where the cocky like Pete jump down early? Will be interesting!

Posted by crispy06 on 10-26-12 at 09:55 PM
The malcolm/denise/lisa alliance should last a long time considering their great edits, but you are right that atleast one of them won't make it to the finals. Which does suck.

"RE: E7 vidcaps"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 10-26-12 at 08:56 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-26-12 AT 08:58 PM (EST)

E7 Press Pics...(sorry about the post title not reflecting that...messed up)
http://www.survivorfever.net/s25_ep7_press_images.html

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-26-12 at 09:14 PM
Thanks BF! So is this Matsing's old beach? Looks like both Tandang and Kalabaw arrive by boat and bring all their stuff.

P.S. Man, Artis is so sour looking all the time!

Posted by Bebo on 10-28-12 at 04:29 PM
Here's what I see in these vidcaps - psycho random thoughts to follow:

- Revealed alliances don't succeed - I'm not holding out hope for a Malcolm/Lisa/Denise F3. I also don't think Jeff/Malcolm/Pete/ Artis and whoever's alliance of 6 will either.

- Tribal dynamics - here's where I'm really having loopy thoughts...

Jonathan thinks he has 4 loyal people, something that we're already being shown is not true. An alliance of 4 is not strong at this point in the game anyway.

RC and Abi are shown talking together??? That is so out of character with their editing, which has made a division between the two of them painfully clear. We're also being reminded that Tandang is not one big happy family. But at this point, they do have a significant numerical advantage over Kalabaw, so it would make sense for them to go after a Kalabaw individual challenge threat during the first TC. They may not be a happy family, but they decide it makes sense to stick together for at least this one vote.

It also makes sense to go after a male this time, since even with one gone, they still have a numerical advantage over the women. No fears of a female alliance, especially with all the RC/Abi drama.

So which male? I think the comment about not letting a returning player win is misdirection. Heck, even if the two returning players made it to the final 3, the jury could just vote for the third player. So there's no reason to go after Jonathan just yet, especially since he has a HII.

Carter? Is he even in this game? Compared to the other Kalabaw men, he's had practically no face time. The younger crowd also might want to keep him around so that the older folks don't take over. He might be a potential target who wins IC, but even if he doesn't, I think he's safe this round.

So that leaves Jeff. Individual challenge threat? Yup. Facetime? Plenty of it. He's been making deals with practically everyone, so folks may want to get him out of the game before he can blindside anyone.

If a Tandang were going, it would definitely be Artis, but they've only just started giving him a negative edit. I doubt he'll be around more than another episode or two.

So right now, I'm thinking that Jeff is getting his torch snuffed this week.

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-28-12 at 04:48 PM
Hi Beebs. I am on board 100% with the following:

Revealed alliances don't succeed - I'm not holding out hope for a Malcolm/Lisa/Denise F3. I also don't think Jeff/Malcolm/Pete/ Artis and whoever's alliance of 6 will either.

Jonathan thinks he has 4 loyal people, something that we're already being shown is not true. An alliance of 4 is not strong at this point in the game anyway.

RC and Abi are shown talking together??? That is so out of character with their editing, which has made a division between the two of them painfully clear. We're also being reminded that Tandang is not one big happy family. But at this point, they do have a significant numerical advantage over Kalabaw, so it would make sense for them to go after a Kalabaw individual challenge threat during the first TC. They may not be a happy family, but they decide it makes sense to stick together for at least this one vote.

It also makes sense to go after a male this time, since even with one gone, they still have a numerical advantage over the women. No fears of a female alliance, especially with all the RC/Abi drama.

So which male? I think the comment about not letting a returning player win is misdirection. Heck, even if the two returning players made it to the final 3, the jury could just vote for the third player. So there's no reason to go after Jonathan just yet, especially since he has a HII. I couldn't agree more, especially with this last paragraph. Pointing out to everyone that you don't want a returning player to win, points out reason enough not to get rid of them now, you are just pointing out reasons to save them for now.

Kalabaw having the numbers down is on the defense, and should grasp at any opportunity. Tandang, is not united as we have been told. On one side you have Abi, Pete, Artis, and on the other I think you have Mike, Lisa, and RC. That leaves Malcolm in the middle. How appropriate!

But, we are shown that Malcolm wants to keep with Lisa and Denise. I don't think that it will be Jeff Kent, because I think Denise likes him and will favor him with Malcolm. I think that she likes him because he was the one that approached her to get in their alliance which ended up saving her. Malcolm may be able to call the boot. We also know that all of the Kalabaw's know that Penner has the idol, which Denise will spill to Malcolm. Malcolm will spill that Pete and Abi have the idol. So, who is most at risk, imo, Carter and Artis. I think it will be Carter for the reasons that Beebs points out. Carter is the fastest one out there, and all we need is a challenge that has him close to winning, to point the tribe toward him as their first boot.

I agree, Artis is not long for this game either, fwiw, imo.

Posted by crispy06 on 10-28-12 at 05:10 PM
I'm actually thinking that it could be RC. We know Tandang isn't one big happy family but the anti-returnee sentiment is just misdirection at this point, I really don't think Mike or Penner are in danger this episode. The key is going to see how the Tandang dynamics play out artis/abi/pete are together but malcolm/denise/lisa seems to be forming as well,leaving RC and Mike out in the woods. Mike/RC might try to get something going with Penner to take out Pete but it backfires on them. Since everyone seems to want RC out before Mike, she could be blindsided.

"Football Promo"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 10-29-12 at 00:33 AM
Sunday football promo...

http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s25_ep7_10_28.html

Transcript:

Announcer: Malcolm's Immunity idol is discovered!

Malcolm (camera confessional): It was wrapped up. Hallelujah, the church lady found it. Now I have to pin down sweet old Lisa.

Lisa (talking to Malcolm): I didn't mean to.

"RE: Football Promo"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-30-12 at 03:30 PM
Thanks BF, that's hilarious! So Malcolm is busted....and it appears he doesn't have a thing for aligning with older women...he's kinda forced into it because Lisa finds his HII??!!

Hard to tell if the "church lady" comment is very sarcastic in tone. Does this mean he knows about her in real life, or is her cover story that she works at a church?

P.S. Wish they'd give us challenge photos or a challenge preview! I'm hoping for an epic endurance challenge.

Posted by Sheldor on 10-31-12 at 06:58 PM
New Web Promo! Tandang Day 17. Mike talks about this being the day he fell in the fire on Season 2.

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor-philippines/video?watch=2xjt5bmt5f