URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7958
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"East Coast Spoiler Thread, Ep 6, "Down and Dirty" "

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-24-12 at 07:43 PM
As the show airs on the East Coast, please place running commentary here, no siggies please. Anything that could possibly spoil the show for the west side, stays here.

*Side note, I have to make a run in the early part of the show, so there will be a big void in my commentary. Sorry, someone please take over! Thanks.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Previously on Survivor..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 10-24-12 at 08:05 PM
After 13 days, in a battle between 3 tribes, Matsing had yet to win, while the ohters hedn't lost. Malcolm finds the idol, at the RC, Malcolm spits on his old buff and goes to new Tandang, Malc gained Pete's trust puttling RC further on the outs. At Kalabaw Penner had the idol and the men, and if Denise is with us, we are 4. While the women's alliance took a hit, Dana medivac'd, Katie struggled costing Kalabaw the victory, Katie was the easy target but when Dawson messed with the bull, she got the horns....Katie saved as Dawson kissed chance at the million goodbye

Return at night Kalabaw night 13, They say lets make that our only time to go there, Katie conf: she is at the bottom of the totem pole without her girls, and has tofind her way out, I'm not the weakest link, just have to work my magic and see what happens. In the AM, at Kalabaw, Katie and Denise talk, one of them has the idol, they think Penner has it....Katie says she can't trust and we can't trust them ...they are trying to get Penner...

"RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread, Ep 6, "Down and Dirty" "
Posted by Flowerpower on 10-24-12 at 08:26 PM
I have come back and the Kalabaw's are reading reward letters, and they are all crying, they gave up rice, they have the motivation to just keep going. Jonathan says we had this victory meal and the letters from home, we'll be strong going into the ic

At Tandang, sorry Artis, Artis says it's brutal that they are enjoying the reward and we are here, I am mad, I need to calm down, we had a member of our tribe make a decision for our tribe, who has done nothing for our tribe, shut up RC, it's not a good decision. They have rice, and Lisa says if we could have sun, we could cook it, Malc says that we will have it tonight. Abi says it was one of the dumbest moves in Survivor they gave us all their rice and they have nothing...Abi in conf: we gave up reward, we didn't fight for it, they have a boat and speer they are not stupid, we have one more day of rice....Artis says we have to eat smaller, they are all whining and mad at Mike and RC etc.

RC says we never come back from reward happy, this is just nasty, RC tells Mike they are pissed at him, then why did they agree, I didn't make this decision, they all said yes, so now they are blaming on us. Mike doesn't know if he's ever met anyone so negative. RC's plan is to let her blow up ...a brazilian bomb about to blow up any second.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-24-12 at 08:44 PM
Let me fill you in on what happened during the RC...

First tribe to score three goals by pushing a giant ball into the opposing net wins reward where they'd be taken to a hut and have a smorgasbord of sandwiches and other goodies.

Skupin/Pete/Lisa faced off against Penner/Carter/Denise. It's rough with lots of tackling, heads going between legs, sitting on each other's backs, and a stiff forearm from Penner going between Skupin's legs. After one hour of being in a total stand-still, Penner and Skupin say "let's talk turkey" and make a deal. Kalabaw would give up all of their rice in exchange for Tandang letting them win reward. (this was brought about because Skupin pigged out and ate up almost all of their existing rice supply over the previous few days, with Artis in particular grumbling about it)

After some haggling, Artis disagrees with the plan but says "do whatever you want, leave me out of it" and Katie gives her NOT IMPRESSED face. The tribes eventually agree to the deal and Jeff says it's unprecedented.

Kalabaw goes off to reward and enjoy their feast and then after a few minutes, realize there are letters on a table nearby ... and that's where you picked things up in your segment, FloPo.

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-24-12 at 08:56 PM
Thanks, Pepe! Don't like a holey ECST!

"Pre IC..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 10-24-12 at 08:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-12 AT 09:05 PM (EST)

So, I guess I missed the RC...sorry, my night for car pool!

I didn't see the RC but it sounds like Kalabaw really won out, they have got to be considering the fact that they will merge sooner rather than later....

Day 16 Kalabaw: Morning...they want to go fishing today, they are looking for the speer, they are chasing some critter in the ocean...Carter has a conf: In all honesty I didin't like the deal we came up with...Jon is confident that we could get fish, it really makes me nervous. see them snorkeling...Jonathan, now Katie is saying that she's hungry, Carter doesn't think he can last, he can't play the starving game. See Jonathan snorkel, and he has nothing, 2 little fish...Katie has conf: rice gave us immediate energy, and Jon says we have plenty of food, and Katie says no we don't.

Jon conf: Carter is frustrated...talking in the shelter, Jon says deprivation doesn't effect me the wya it does some of these younger ones, we have to win IC, we need the momentum back, cut to IC...

Ic: One tribe member launch ball out to field while others try to catch it, first tribe to catch whatever colored ball will win. Sit out are Skupin and Abi. Jiffy says you have participated in 2 out of 8 challenges, she says it wasn't her choice.

Denise is launcher with launcher of Lisa...launch first set of balls, Penner scores, 1 - zip, Next: Pete catches and RC catches, so Tandang leads 2-1
Release: no one gets it. Carter is struggling early
Denise goes short, Penner can't get there
Jeff with a catch for Kal
Next: Jeff goes high and scores for Kalabaw, they lead 3-2
Next: Ketie get your hand on the pole, and Jeff gets another catch
Next: Katie completely ineffective in this challenge
NextMalcolm gets it, as Mike told her to go right for him
Next: Jeff misses, and Lisa gets it right to Malc with a n amazing grab, eating Carter's lunch
Next: Carter is switching out, now Jeff is with Malcolm
For immunity: Malcolm scores even on Jeff, Tandang wins Immunity, and Mike hugs them all, Jeff Kent is bummed, Abi gets the idol, and Jiffy says that Malcolm should be holding that, no one going home tonight
Kalabow: someone is going home...see Denise, then Katie, then Penner.

"RE: Pre IC..."
Posted by jbug on 10-24-12 at 09:05 PM
why would a big strong guy like Artis sit out; Mike may be tough but I'd think Artis would be stronger at that.

Posted by michel on 10-24-12 at 09:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-12 AT 09:15 PM (EST)

Artis didn't sit out, Mike and Abi sat out. Artis was matched up with Jonathan and did absolutely nothing...but Probst didn't bring it up. Either birthday boy got a pass or Artis has more legs than I thought.

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-24-12 at 09:18 PM
I think jbug just posted in the wrong spot. Artis did sit out the RC....at least that is what I think she meant!

Posted by michel on 10-24-12 at 09:27 PM
AH! But Artis still did nothing in the IC.

Posted by Karchita on 10-25-12 at 01:40 AM
Artis did nothing this entire episode except display his talent for being a jerk.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-24-12 at 09:24 PM
Either FloPo edited her post, or Jbug was referring to the quite-physical reward challenge where Artis did sit out on his actual birthday.

But you're right, Artis didn't do a whole lot and there were others who didn't do much in the IC as well or were shown much. Like I was mentioning below in my editing thoughts, Artis didn't have confessionals until last week and he had more tonight, so I do believe he's not long for the game and they're building a story arc for him. It wasn't an overly positive edit for Artis last week and tonight, even if his shortcomings in the IC was glossed over.

Posted by jbug on 10-25-12 at 12:02 PM
yes, I meant the RC with the muddy balls.

he was quick to complain, but he should have been in the mud pit instead of Mike.

Also he told Mike to do what he wanted; so he really had no say after that.
i think Mike is full of hot air - instead of muscles.

Posted by dabo on 10-25-12 at 02:18 AM
Basically, RC sat out the RC so that she couldn't sit out the more important IC, in which they couldn't then sit out the more innefectual Abi had she sat out the RC. Technically, Abi was in the RC even though how things worked out she never took the field.

Artis was chosen as a sit-out on the spot after Probst told Tandang they had to sit out a man and a woman, so it was not a strategy as much as a forced decision, on the spot.

"Immunity Challenge"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 10-24-12 at 08:39 PM
slingshot - launching balls to other players with racquety-like nets.
Penner one; Pete one; RC one; Tandang 2 to 1
Jeff uses his talents and catches 2 in a row.
Jeff 3rd catch.
Lisa and Denise using the slingshot.
"katie completely ineffective", per jiff.
Malcolm - Kalabaw 4; Tandang 3
Jeff's knocked out of hands by Pete.
Malcolm has great catch. 4 to 4.
For immunity, Penner misses.
Malcolm gets one as Jeff falls down.
Tandang wins IC.

"Pre TC drama and TC..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 10-24-12 at 08:55 PM
Malcolm is such a positive force on this show. So is Denise. Lisa is getting a good presence as well, I think. The good guys on Tandang: Mike, Malc, Lisa, RC....at least that is the vibe I get. The evil Tandang: Artis, Abi, Pete.

Let's see the drama at Kalabaw:

Kalabaw Day 16: Carter is rehashing the loss, Jonathan says we should have done it, Jeff in conf: Carter was bested by Malcolm. Jeff says he's on the fence and doesn't know which way he is going to jump. See Carter and Jeff talking they think that Denise is loyal and Jeff wants to keep her. They think Katie is worthless. Jeff says that we need to figure out if we need to keep Penner, we said we didn't want an repeat player to win. Carter says that he will do it.

In Conf: Carter wants to go to merge with Penner, because no one wants a returning player to win

Jeff wants to vote out Penner....doesn't want him to see it coming. Carter just told him, who do you want, Jonathan, Katie or Penner....see Jeff shake his head, what a verbal faux pas. Then he corrects himself, Denise. See Jon go to Denise and tell her that it will be Katie.

Katie says he is feeding me bs. It is not going to be Denise. Katie in conf: says she wants Penner, she wants them to know it's time to get rid of Penner. And Katie is trying her best to convince them. Carter tells Jeff that he's so confused. It coes down to you and me, Jeff says that he knows he has tolie, and jeopardize his integrity, he just doesn't want to get screwed by him (Penner). Penner comes and pats Carter on the back, Jeff asks Carter, which way do you want to swing.

Jeff conf: I don't know what could happen, he could play the idol, you don't know if you are going to strike out or hit a home run but you have to go and swing up to bat

TC Jiffy asks who thinks they are in trouble: Denise, last one hired, first one fired.
Katie: says she is in trouble because she doesn't perform well in challenges, but they should know after 16 days, I am loyal

Penner: u have played this game before aren't you nervous?
Kent: says each one of these votes is tough, and it will get harder and harder...everyone will be a blindside because we like each other so much. It's easier to let the person go, it's not personal, if it's you that gets blindsided: Jon says I wouldn't take it personally.

Kent says the game sucks because it's complicated, you try to survive the elements you cuddle with people, you have to blindside your friends, because you can't have them here,. you work together to build a world and then you have to vote them out.

Katie says she is voting on loyalty, she gives her word and she will stick with it.
Jon: it's complicated because no one wants to betray anyone, so they have to blindside
Jon says it has to be neat and clean and then move forward
Jiffy says everyone knows a blindside is coming and no one wants it to be me.

Voting:
Katie votes Penner, bye my cuddle bear, you are not to be trusted
Jon: you are the weakest of the tribe, but a great kid

Tally:

no one plays the idol
Katie smiles
Votes:
Katie
Penner
Katie
Katie, 7th person out

The camera lingers on Jeff Kent
Survivor is ultimately a game of numbers, but if you 4 are strong and united anything can happen...

"Next time on Survivor:"
Posted by Flowerpower on 10-24-12 at 09:03 PM
Lisa is no stranger to the facts of life
seen talking to Malcolm...Malc says to her "You remind me of mama and that's just how it's going to be"
Lisa: I just have to take that with a grain of salt, and laughs
she replies, I could be just being played
and a twist inthe game, forces everyone to scramble. See Artis look out to sea from the shelter.
See Malcolm say he buried his idol the first day I got here, and he is digging it up nad putting it in his bag.
Mike: We're all in all new territory for all of us.

Katie's parting words:

I got blindsided, not a good feeling, I came in, I'm an athlete, I am so strong, I can handle whatever....it is so hard, so awesome that I can say, I was on survivor.

Mike seems such a nice guy this go round to me, so much different than his alpha persona the last time, imo....he's definitely mellowed to me.

"RE: Next time on Survivor:"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-24-12 at 09:08 PM
My first thought on this is that a boat is coming to pick up both tribes and take them to their new merged campsite ... hopefully they're switching things up and saying "you're merged now" without any time to prep or plot.

If so, it'll be interesting to see who frantically runs off to dig up their idols and see if anyone else notices them doing so!

Posted by michel on 10-24-12 at 09:32 PM
Have they ever merged at 11 before? I don't think so but it sets up well for 7 jurors and a F3. The first merge boot won't be on the jury giving every juror at least 6 days to get to know everyone.

Posted by emydi on 10-25-12 at 02:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-12 AT 02:37 PM (EST)

Can'tadians Can't add--8 jurors and final 3

I think the merge probably was set to happen at 12 but then Dana was medivaced and TPTB decided for whatever reason (maybe to use a challenge from last nite) to just continue as planned with one less player--I still want to see a tie in voting in F3...3/3/2 a possibility

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-25-12 at 11:38 AM
Pepe, I was thinking along the same lines as you -- that this is the merge and they're both going to a new camp and hence the scrambling/digging up the HIIs. But Jeff's teaser in EW implies it's an opportunity for ONE tribe...so guess we'll have to see what the web promo and CBS clues give us.

EW: Finally, I’ll trade you all my rice if you’ll give us a tease for next week.
PROBST: Your rice isn’t worth the info I have. But in typical Survivor fashion, the game most definitely changes and results in a huge opportunity for one tribe.

"Editing notes..."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-24-12 at 09:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-12 AT 09:14 PM (EST)

It was clear that Katie was going to be the boot from the get-go -- she didn't speak the entire season until last episode where she had a few confessionals, then right off the bat, she was featured in the first segment tonight. She was also criticized by Jiffy again for her weak performance in the IC.

Both Carter and Artis got plenty of confessionals tonight after being basically invisible the whole season. Clearly they're not long for the game and we're now getting a brief look at who they are so we'll recognize their names when their names come up at Tribal Council soon.

Skupin didn't come across as very positive in this episode with the bleating from the others on Tandang about his hogging of the rice and poor decisions, as well as the criticism of his handling of the deal of sandwiches for Kalabaw's rice. It'll be interesting if this is the reason for Skupin's eventual downfall or if he can overcome this to finish strongly.

"RE: Editing notes..."
Posted by michel on 10-24-12 at 09:35 PM
I think we are getting the revenge of the 40+ players. With Kalabaw decimating their young ones and Peter, Abi and Carter looking like targets, we could have a F8/F7 composed of no one in their 20s except Malcolm. Then he becomes the obvious target if he doesn't win immunity

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-25-12 at 11:49 AM
Agree that this season is working out to favor many of the "older" players but I don't sense that they're consciously saying let's vote off the younger players. If anything, I'm seeing some interesting younger/older pairings such as Malcolm/Denise, Malcolm/Lisa (hinted in the preview) and RC/Mike. I could also see Penner/Denise aligning more closely at some point, especially if Carter and Kent are targeted at the merge as alpha males.

What would be very interesting is if one of the Tandang pairs (or a trio) aligned with Penner and Denise for a cross-tribe alliance at the merge. Not saying that'll happen, but the possibility certainly exists. Tandang should pagong Penner's tribe but they're so divided and dysfunctional and then there are the HII wildcards, so I think it's going to be a very interesting merge!

Posted by CTgirl on 10-25-12 at 12:36 PM
Also with Malcolm and Denise back together again, they can be the swing votes to which faction in Tandang gets the upper hand. Penner could also join forces with Mike since Kalabaw doesn't have the numbers and I imagine Denise will jump ship to join up with Malcolm and whomever he has recruited. You are so right, this should be an interesting merge!!

"It's my fault..."
Posted by jbug on 10-25-12 at 12:05 PM
Whoever I pick for the Be The game, never shows up for several episodes and then they're gone.