URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7955
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"E6 Vidcaps Thread"

Posted by Blind Freddy on 10-18-12 at 11:31 AM
A place for Episode 6 vidcaps and promos and discussion of same

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"E6 Preview"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 10-18-12 at 11:41 AM
E6 Preview promo
Courtesy of SurvivorFever (ty Mayan Sun)
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s25_ep6_10_17.html

Transcript:
-----------------------
Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor...in a war between Tandang and Kalabaw...

<footage of challenge>

Female: Come on guys dig deep!

Probst: It's getting physical right off the bat!

Probst: ...everyone plays dirty.

Malcolm and Abi (on the sidelines of the challenge): Ohhhh.

Artis: You don't want to hear what I've got to say about it.

Probst: The game gets personal.

Artis (on the sidelines of the challenge): You can keep all that mess to yourself.

Jeff Kent: Alright, calm down.

Probst: I'm pretty sure this is unprecedented.
---------------------------

"RE: E6 Preview"
Posted by byoffer on 10-18-12 at 12:04 PM
Thanks BlindFreddy

All the pics are about the challenge, which looks like an over-sized game of soccer, where they have to push, pull, wrestle, etc to get the huge ball into the other teams net. Geez that mud looks awful. The challenge people tend to like mud, and the weather they got sure gave them plenty!!

Sitting out this challenge for Tandang are RC and Artis. RC is strong in challenges, so a logical female to save for the IC.

Round 1 is Mike/Pete/Lisa vs Penner/Carter/Denise.

This must be the RC since a) there is no visible stand for the Immunity Idol and b) Abi-Maniac is playing.

Someone obviously crosses some sort of personal line, and spectator Artis is not happy about it (so must be someone from Kalabaw who does it). We have seen clothes ripped off before, so that wouldn't be unprecedented. There has to be a rule to protect each other's nether-regions. What else could it be? Could someone fart to ##### off the others?

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-18-12 at 12:18 PM
Ugh! I hope that's not what it is, byoffer, but given the one vidcap (which is hard for me to even look at now!), could be. We also had the whole Abi/hair pulling thing last week which could have been a set-up for more dirty tactics this week.

Interesting that Artis gets into it given he's sitting out. Could it be with Kent??? My first thought was something personal and possibly even racial. But would be very interesting if Artis or others on that tribe recognize Kent.

At least it looks like they're trying to balance it out a bit -- e.g., 2 guys/1 girl per team in the round we see -- vs. when Malcolm/Denise/Russell had to go against 3 guys. But still, Penner's tribe would appear to be at a total disadvantage in this challenge...and that kind of frustration could lead someone to do or say something stupid.

P.S. When you can afford to sit out athletic people like Artis and RC, you know it's a total mismatch!

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-18-12 at 12:21 PM
P.S. Some of this week's vidcaps are just screaming out for funny captions! Tribe? Anyone???

Posted by byoffer on 10-18-12 at 02:57 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-12 AT 02:59 PM (EST)

A couple of specific caps worth discussing:

Who is in the foreground? Must be either Penner or Kent. Is that the focus of Artis' comment and who crossed the line?

In this one we see Penner and Skupin with the ball between them, and yet the game seems to be paused. Did Jiffy have to stop the game to establish a rule for the game?

Is Kent bending over to catch his breath? Check his knee? Looks like Round 1 (which he sat out) got muddy very fast, so hard to believe that he competed for any amount of time and stayed clean.

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-18-12 at 03:40 PM
Thanks for bringing over the vidcaps, Blind Freddy!

Hi Byoffer! First of all, regarding this caption...Who is in the foreground? Must be either Penner or Kent. Is that the focus of Artis' comment and who crossed the line?
I think he's addressing either Penner, Carter, or possibly even Skupin? But, why would he call out Skupin during the challenge? So most likely it's either Penner or Carter.

Artis had said, "You don't want to hear what I've got to say about it." And, Jiffy tells us that it gets personal, and then Artis responds, "You can keep all that mess to yourself.", and then Jeff Kent, who is still on the sidelines says to Artis, "Alright, calm down.", and I do think he's perhaps trying to diffuse the situation. So, my guess is that Artis is bantering with either Carter or Jonathan, as he's focused out in the challenge arena.

I think Kent hears it and then tries to diffuse it. I don't think Kent has entered the challenge at all in these shots.

Posted by byoffer on 10-18-12 at 03:51 PM
If the timing is such that Jeffkent is still on the sidelines, then it must be Penner. The picture I see is not skinny enough to be Carter.

Could it be resulting from this pic:

Looks to me like Penner and Skupin battling. Penner has his had up between Skupin's legs holding a strap on the ball. Could Skupin get injured again, but this time in a more delicate location?? In virtually all forms of combat the match will pause when someone gets hit with a low blow. Could Jiffy have to pause the challenge because of this (which I believe would be unprecedented on Survivor).

Posted by Bebo on 10-18-12 at 10:45 PM
>Penner has his had up between Skupin's legs holding a strap on
the ball.

MUST.NOT.COMMENT.

Posted by Karchita on 10-19-12 at 10:59 AM
LOL!

Keep it PG here, people.

"Caption"
Posted by suzzee on 10-19-12 at 11:59 AM

What a lovely bunch of coconuts.

Posted by dabo on 10-18-12 at 11:58 PM
From the looks of things the RC (round 1) becomes an insoluable draw where they are all expected to battle to the point of exhaustion and collapse. So, maybe one of the six loses his/her temper at some point, things get out of hand? I think we'd have a differently worded hint if that were the case, really. Maybe Artis gets upset about cutting a deal? Taking a break?

Posted by byoffer on 10-19-12 at 10:41 AM
I agree that this challenge looks like it could become an insoluble draw, especially in that mud and with the exhaustion that they must be feeling after almost 2 weeks in the rain.

I am not sure how Artis comment about "keeping all that mess to yourself" could relate to a deal though. Sounds more like a physical mess than a situational one.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-20-12 at 12:47 PM
Just a quick non sequitur...

made me think of

Also... I think Katie was NOT IMPRESSED with the deal that apparently is going on between Penner and Skupin.

Back to the spoiling at hand... what if Penner and Skupin reaches a deal to share the reward? Would Jiffy step in and say, "no we can't do that, there's got to be a winner"? It would fit in with the 'unprecedented' blurb, though, as we've never seen a challenge stopped with both sides agreeing to split the spoils.

"E6 Press Pics"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 10-18-12 at 05:59 PM
From CBS via SurvivorFever (ty Mayan Sun)

http://www.survivorfever.net/s25_ep6_press_images.html

Tagged as Reward Challenge

Tagged as Reward

Tagged as Immunity Challenge

"RE: E6 Press Pics"
Posted by Murphy3126 on 10-18-12 at 07:25 PM
Interesting that only Malcolm is watching the challenge.

>

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-19-12 at 11:14 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-12 AT 11:16 AM (EST)

Reward Challenge: We have 4 Tandangs sitting out...RC, Malcolm, Artis, and Abi, only 2 Matsings: Jeff and Katie. I am wondering if they start out with 2 on 2, and whoever wins that, it is noted. Then perhaps a 3 on 3 round, what we are seeing in the vidcaps, then perhaps a 5 on 5 round? Best 2 out of 3 rounds will win it?

I just don't see why they would have any sit outs on the side with the tribe with fewer numbers

Here is Skupin straddling Penner...yikes.

ETA: Actually, on review...

We can see that the first round is the 3 v 3. So, I wonder if the next round will be 4 v 4, and then the last round could be 5 v 5....best 2 out of 3 rounds wins it?

Posted by byoffer on 10-19-12 at 11:45 AM
WhWhy do you think latter rounds will not be 3 on 3? I sort of assumed that each round would be 3 on 3 using different combinations of the 5 players each tribe has active for the challenge.

I guess other rounds could involve different numbers of players (2 on 2, 4 on 4) but we don't see anything yet to indicate that.

"Immunity Challenge"
Posted by byoffer on 10-19-12 at 11:52 AM
The only pic we have so far:

We can see the Immunity Idol behind Jiffy, so good call on which challenge.

Now what to make of the challenge. All we can see are 3 sets of very tall poles behind the survivors. They look almost like the frames of teepees. Interesting that for all 3 sets we see, 2 of the poles are wrapped in red and only 1 is wrapped in yellow. Are they wrapped that way as the colours of the tribes?

"RE: Immunity Challenge"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 10-19-12 at 09:40 PM
I see the yellow and red poles too. Maybe each team has to unwrap something (ribbon?) on each pole, while the other team is working there too. I think there was a challenge having to do with unwrapping a pole...so maybe it is similar to that...each team working on same pole would be chaotic. Tetherball anyone?

"RE: Immunity Challenge"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-20-12 at 09:52 AM
The season with Cochran and Coach they did something like this. Hard to tell if this season's challenge will be run exactly the same, especially since they have less people on each tribe, but here's the description I dug up from wikipedia:

Four members from each tribe would unwind ribbons from a maypole to release a set of keys. One of the four would then use the keys to free four other tribemates. Those four tribemates would then push crates around a platform to clear the way for a large crate to pass under a pole. The entire tribe would then carry the large crate to a finish platform. The first tribe to have their large crate onto the finish platform would win.

"Kalabaw, party of 5..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 10-21-12 at 02:56 PM
Reward for five, right this way please....

Sure looks like Kalabaw is going to win. This table is set for five, not seven. Clue to a Kalabaw win? Or, how about a clue for a Kalabaw bargain?

"Web Promo - Down and Dirty (Preview)"
Posted by Sheldor on 10-20-12 at 03:39 AM
Survivor: Philippines - Down and Dirty (Preview)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA2cMofFsIo

Published on Oct 19, 2012 by CBS

As castaways get down and dirty to battle it out for a fruitful feast, in an unprecedented move, opposing tribes take to the bargaining table to strike a deal mid-challenge on the next episode of Survivor: Philippines airing Wednesday at 8/7c. Only CBS

"RE: Web Promo - Down and Dirty (Preview)"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-20-12 at 10:01 AM
Thanks Sheldor! So it's all about the returning players -- Penner and Skrupin make a deal in the RC, which further puts targets on their backs. All the focus on RC seems to be more confirmation that it's a boring episode and Katie most likely goes.

Posted by michel on 10-20-12 at 05:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-12 AT 05:20 PM (EST)

The promo during College football had the announcer saying that a deal between returning players had angered the tribe.

That promo showed nothing of Tandang so it's a good guess Kalabaw goes to TC.

We saw Kent saying: "We can't let him see it coming" and we then see Penner. They might target Jonathan but he has the idol so they have to put some votes on Katie. She probably goes, either because of Jonathan using the idol or by a miscount in the vote split.

Posted by Blind Freddy on 10-20-12 at 10:03 PM
And the screencaps...
Courtesy of SurvivorFever (ty Mayan Sun)

http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s25_ep6_wp.html

Transcript:

Announcer: Tired of all the mudslinging? Well you haven't seen anything yet.

Jeff Probst (starting Reward Challenge): Go!

Probst (calling Reward Challenge): It's getting physical right off the bat! We're in a full lockdown. I'm pretty sure this is unprecedented.

Announcer: A dirty deal between returning players...

Pete (camera confessional): Mike makes horrible decisions.

Announcer: ...makes the castaways ready to clean house.

Artis: (camera confessional): With us getting Malcolm, Mike has become expendable.

Katie: I think we've got to get rid of Penner.

Jeff Kent: We just gotta make sure that he doesn't know it's coming.

"E6 College Football Promo - 'Dirty Deal'"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 10-20-12 at 10:11 PM
Promo on during College Football

http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s25_ep6_10_20.html

Transcript:

Announcer: A dirty deal between returning players makes the castaways ready to clean house.

Jeff Kent: We just gotta make sure that he doesn't know it's coming.

"RE: E6 College Football Promo - 'Dirty Deal'"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-21-12 at 01:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-21-12 AT 01:44 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-21-12 AT 01:43 PM (EST)

Thanks Blind Freddy! All the focus on Penner in this latest college football promo seems to confirm that Penner's tribe goes to TC this week. Looks like Katie is trying to save herself by bringing up Penner as the boot possibility to Kent, knowing that was Kent's original train of thought. But given that they're going to be 3 down, would Kent really entertain throwing Penner under the bus for Katie? Smells like misdirection.

P.S. I was just watching all the Insider Clips from this last episode, and Pete, Abi and Artis were already talking about Mike being expendable now with Malcolm on board, so I think all of the Skrupin boot talk is pre-IC.

On a related note, the broken mask is still coming up in Insider Clips as an example of Mike's ineptness. So I wonder if Skrupin cuts a deal at the RC with Penner, if that will just add insult to injury for his tribemates such as Artis and Pete?

Also, note how happy Mike looks with that fishing net in the one press pic. Did his tribe have fishing nets all along? I can't recall who won what, but could that be part of the "bargain"? I could definitely see Penner trying to get food for his tribe and offering the nets up in exchange (especially since he knows the merge is coming soon)....and Mike might think it's a way to "make up for" breaking the mask? But I'm sure his tribe will be PO'd that they didn't get the food! And an argument could be made that you shouldn't give the other tribe the chance to eat and get stronger, get momentum on their side, etc. I'm sure that's why Artis is so angry about the "deal."

Posted by dabo on 10-21-12 at 02:54 PM
Ep. 3: Kalabaw won the canoe and big fishing kit, Tandang won a smaller fishing kit.

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-21-12 at 03:06 PM
Squid: You hit the nail on the head. Kona at Mess had spec'd that Tandang got those nets from Kalabaw, who had won them earlier in the big fishing kit, while as Dabo notes, Tandang had won a fishing kit without the nets. So, that makes sense.

Skupin and Malcolm possibly doing a little bonding while the Pete/Abi/Artis group plot. These promos clearly spell out the divisions in the tribes for me. Katie perhaps suggests rallying the group to get rid of Penner as a last ditch effort to save herself, but it won't work. Kent, Carter, Denise are solidly with Penner and his idol, imo. It's misdirection and she is next on the hit list.

While, Pete, Abi, and Artis may be feeling a little too good with Malcolm's arrival and underestimate Malcolm's loyalties. It will lead to Artis' demise sooner rather than later. Either he or Pete will be walking the walk soon, imo. At least that's my read on it. With Artis' stock going up recently, and it's all associated with plotting Skupin's demise, clearly Artis will fall short soon....just appearing so cocky. Alliances revealed and all of that!

Posted by Bebo on 10-22-12 at 02:09 PM
>With Artis' stock going up recently, and it's all associated with plotting Skupin's demise, clearly Artis will fall short soon....just appearing so cocky. Alliances revealed and all of
that!

Agreed. He's been invisible up to this point, and both of the previews this week show him in a negative light. With that sort of introduction to the viewers, Artis will not be long for this game.

Posted by crispy06 on 10-22-12 at 05:19 PM
The fact that Mike has been so under the radar for four episodes says to me that he is going to last long. If he was going to be the first boot from Tandang or early boot you'd think the show would want to take advantage of him like they did with Russell. I think his vote will be crucial in a couple of power swings that take out the big players of the pre-merge once the merge hits.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-24-12 at 01:27 PM
So will the merge happen next week?

You'd think that Tandang would just pick off Penner's tribe...but on the other hand, there's so much animosity between the factions on Tandang...and you have the wildcard of Malcolm and Denise reuniting and potentially pulling together stragglers for a cross-tribe alliance....and we have 3 HIIs floating around....should be very interesting. Can't wait!