URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7953
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"SurvivorBlowsTribe, Time To Vote: S25 ep5"

Posted by dabo on 10-16-12 at 01:27 AM
ADVISORY: Vote threads are open to all who wish to participate and cast their votes, spoilers and non-spoilers alike. The posts initiating these threads contain no spoiler information other than perhaps referencing what has been revealed in TV promos for the upcoming episode. Non-spoilers, be advised that spoilers may include information in their posts here which you may not wish to read. Spoilers, please do not include spoiler information for future episodes, stick to the episode in question. Thank you.

Per my permission to myself in the advisory above, let me note that there is a strong possibility that this will be a two-boot week, per promos. Or rather, a medical evacuation and a boot week, or a quit and a boot week. Or maybe just a medical evacuation or a quit week. If you want to put them in order, ME or Q first and then boot if there is one, please do so. If you want to indicate in your subject line a true-blue medical evacuation or a quit, use (ME) of (Q). As in "Probst (ME)" or "Probst (Q)."

We now return you to your regularly scheduled vote thresd.

The DAWs

KALABAW TRIBE
Carter Williams
Dana Lambert
Jeff Kent
Jonathan Penner
Katie Hanson
Sarah "Dawson" Dawson

MATSING TRIBE
Denise Stapley
Malcolm Freberg

TANDANG TRIBE
Abi-Maria Gomes
Artis Silvester
Lisa Welchel
Michael Skupin
Peter "Pete" Yurkowski
Roberta "RC" Saint-Amour

ELIMINATED
ep 1. Zane Knight (Matsing)
ep 2. Roxanne "Roxy" Morris (Matsing)
ep 3. Angie Layton (Matsing)
ep 4. Russell Swan (Matsing)

The Rules

1. Put the name of your choice for this week's boot in the subject heading.

This is easy, just erase the bit where it says "Re: SurvivorBlowsTribe, Time to Vote..." and replace with your vote, e.g., "Jonathan." Or, if you think this will be a two-boot week: "Jonathan and Michael." It doesn't matter which order you put them in unless it matters to you.

This makes it easier to tally votes quickly and accurately. Nicknames are tougher to tally unless they are really obvious without actually reading your post. (Official nicknames are noted above.)

Other things you want to vote on (who wins reward, who wins immunity, who gets first confessional, what Sneaky Pete does next to mess with their heads), these should go in your post not in your subject line.

2. Reply only to this post.

We like a nice straight vote thread around here, we are very attitudinal about it, and it's easier that way.

EXCEPTION TO RULE 2! VOTE CHANGES!

2b. But to change your vote reply to your own post.

Your new post heading should read, for example, "VOTE CHANGE: Lisa." Or perhaps "VOTE CHANGE: Jeff and Lisa" if you think it will be a two-boot week.

3. This is not a discussion thread, do not treat it as such.

Make your case as much as you want (please), just don't get sidetracked. There are plenty of places on the forum to debate the merits of people's arguments, have discussions, have civil and polite disagreements, this is a vote thread.

But please feel free to discuss your vote(s) in your own post, cast all the extra votes you want, make smug jokes, we're really all interested in what you have to say.

4. No graphics!

Unless you insist. If you do include a graphic please make it pertinent to something.

5. Have fun! That's what it's all about.

This week is dedicated to Zuma, husband of Buggy, who was taken from us over the weekend. RIP, Zuma.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Dana "
Posted by crispy06 on 10-16-12 at 03:39 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-12 AT 11:51 AM (EST)

I think it's a done deal that Dana is the medivac.

If there is a boot then Dawson is the likely candidate. I think the guys can convince Denise to vote with them, plus they need her for one more immunity challenge. Sorry Dawson, she should have worked harder to participate in challenges so she would not be seen as weak.

"Dawson~Medivac Dana"
Posted by Flowerpower on 10-16-12 at 07:13 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-12 AT 07:27 AM (EST)

Thanks to the great work over in the vidcaps thread for figuring it all out!

This week we have an RC. And, I do buy into that Matsing is going to win it! They get a clue, in addition to a reward.

Then at Kalabaw, Dana is going to be the medivac.

Later, there will be an IC and before the IC, the Matsing's are going to be dissolved. Malcolm and Denise are absorbed into the two remaining tribes. Malcolm goes to Tandang, while Denise goes to Kalabaw. They do the IC and Tandang wins.

I think the clue in the promo regarding Jeff Kent's secret, will his identity be exposed could be our boot story. With Tandang absorbing the strong Malcolm, and with Jeff having an alliance with Jonathan and Carter, I don't see them choosing to get rid of Jeff Kent. So, I think Dawson will go down. Last week set the stage for girls vs. guys, and one of the girls is out via medivac. Denise will not want to vote out strength?

I could be wrong. Perhaps Jeff Kent will be the boot. It's either Jeff or Dawson.

"Dana (ME), Dawson (TC boot)"
Posted by forehead on 10-16-12 at 09:59 AM
Malcolm to Tandang; Denise to Kalabaw
Dana's medivac
Tandang wins IC
Kalabaw boots Dawson

"Dana (ME) Dawson (Boot)"
Posted by SOAR64 on 10-16-12 at 10:36 AM
There has been a lot of discussion about Dana regarding her medical evac. I would love to have been a fly on the wall once she was reunited with her fellow survivors who were voted off before her. Lets just say that Dana loved cookies.

"Poor Dana is an ME, bye-bye Dawson!"
Posted by Belle Book on 10-16-12 at 12:08 PM
Dana's proposed all-female alliance takes a hit when she is felled by pain, then Denise fears booting out the strength and so Dawson walks the plank.

"Dana (ME) Dawson (You)"
Posted by parathor on 10-16-12 at 01:14 PM
Dana choppered away, and Dawson booted for recognizing a famous baseball player.

rip zuma

"Dana (ME), Dawson (TC boot)"
Posted by byoffer on 10-16-12 at 05:24 PM
The vid clues seem to be there.

"Dana-Medivac; Dawson-Boot"
Posted by Murphy3126 on 10-16-12 at 06:29 PM
Dawson blows Jeff's cover when she realizes she might be the boot. It will surprise the rest, but too soon for it to effect the boot, it will have to sink in for a few days, & they still need his strength at challenges.

"Dawson and Dana is Med-evaced"
Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 10-16-12 at 09:10 PM

"Dawson"
Posted by Karchita on 10-17-12 at 00:50 AM
Tata. We hardly knew you.

Dana goes out on medical as well.

"Dawson-voteoff, Dana-medevac"
Posted by Round Robin on 10-17-12 at 01:09 AM
Already had the Dana part, but apparently Dawson gets a little too big for her britches and gets the parchment treatment.

"Dana (Quit-Evac) Dawson (Boot)"
Posted by tribephyl on 10-17-12 at 03:25 AM
(minisots)
Previously on...
*Recap*

Currently on...
Treemail for Matsing notes that there is still a hidden idol at their camp. They've supplied new idols for taken idols, why wouldn't they replace taken clues with new ones?

Malcolm and Denise search for it but...

Denise figures it out and uses the machete to...

pry the idol from the rice box.
Denise has the Hidden Idol and Malcolm states, "I feel like an idiot."

*Commercial break*

All tribes get treemail to come to Challenge Beach. Mentioning a challenge.

They arrive as three tribes.
Kalabaw assumes it's going to be a combined challenge and bring their II.
Matsing is sure it's going to involve a switch.
Tandang may have brought their II as well, but the twist at the RC is that Matsing is going to be absorbed...

and the Reward Challenge is played as two tribes.
Tandang (and Malcolm) wins reward.
Kalabaw returns to camp, with Denise (and their idol) but no reward.

The majority of Kalabaw hang at camp but Dana is filling Denise in on a possible female alliance.
And Jeff is worried his identity may be revealed, probably resurfacing because of Denise's arrival.
Meanwhile...

Tandang enjoys the reward and Malcolm integrates himself into Tandang nicely. Specially since he was integral to the win.
Malcolm has his swag back

*Commercial break*

Next Day...

It is, as usual, rainy but perhaps more miserable than normal, Kalabaw have no reward to enjoy and all are keeping themselves busy in their own way.

but Dana's feeling sick to her stomach...

Then starts feeling REALLY bad.

Jonathan consoles her.
But Dana is love sick and that's the WORST kind of sick. Affects the stomach AND the brain.
She asks for producer intervention so JP and the Medics (great Band name by the way) get the call to muck it out to Kalabaw.

They're here, Dana!

They check out Dana...

(and obviously give Jeff a knee brace as well)

Medic gives his opinion on the severity of Dana's sickness.

NOT life threatening.
JP says that it now becomes a choice.
Dana wavers...
All Kalabaw is sitting in the shelter while JP explains what is at stake here.

Dana is "sick" but the medics are NOT considering this a life-threatening situation.
Production will try to cure your sickness, Dana, but it would require you to quit.

Dana decides to "Quit-Evac".

*Commercial break*

Tribes receive Treemail for Challenge.
7 Tandang and 6 Kalabaw show up.
Tandang is informed of Dana's quit, but the game goes on.

Par Usual, Abi Sits-Out.
With Malcolm, Mike, RC, Pete and Artis in play, Lisa couldn't possibly mess this up for Tandang.

Not compared to when the strength of Kalabaw relies on Jonathan, Denise, Carter and a half-broken Jeff.

Tandang wins IC!
Quick parting shot to a VERY happy Malcolm as he leaves with the II in his hand and perhaps a quick wink to Denise.

Kalabaw returns to camp and must discuss the possibilities with boots.
Jeff is nervous, but really has nothing to worry about. Since Carter WAS going to be the target of the female alliance, he could be the target.
Denise is starting to make inroads with Jonathan and Katie is noticing that Jonathan has been very active with the social game lately.
Without Dana around, Denise is in danger again and works to make an alliance with Jonathan, whom also has an alliance with both Jeff and with Carter. Jonathan pulls the four of them together and aims for either Katie or Dawson.
(Jeff weighs in and suggests Dawson?)
So, Carter or Dawson?

*Commercial break* (Players of the week guess: Denise, Jonathan, Malcolm)
At TC...
Katie is still very aware of Jonathan's recent activity and since she's sure it's either her or Dawson going tonight, she decides to reveal a bit more of her future strategy than she probably should.
Jonathan is surprised by her antics at TC and if it wasn't for the previous agreement on Dawson, Katie could be in trouble.
Does Katie s'ABI'tage her own game?
Can Jonathan keep his alliances together?
Do Katie or Dawson's votes even matter?

Dawson
Carter
Jonathan
Dawson
Dawson
5th person voted out and 6th person to leave Survivor...Dawson

Hugs, smooshes and good vibes for Buggy. Love ya' bug!

"Dana (Quit-Evac) Dawson (Boot)"
Posted by CTgirl on 10-17-12 at 09:20 AM
Great SOTS Tribe! I think you nailed it!

"Dana (ME) & Dawson"
Posted by dabo on 10-17-12 at 11:36 AM
The medical evacuation has been well covered. Why boot Dawson?

Challenge strength? Possible. With a three day cycle the Matsings at least both have chances to integrate into their new tribes, though they wouldn't be able to entirely shed outsider stigma. But Kalabaw is divided along gender lines and both sides vie for the upper hand.

Dawson makes the mistake of letting Jeffkent know she knows who he is, MLB bad boy, taking the target off someone else and placing it squarely on herself.

Basically, with that knowledge, she had two good options. Option one, sit on it until the game gets to the jury stage, use that power over him then to insure they get to FTC together. Option two, tell others behind his back, build an alliance while keeping him in the dark, let him think his game is working when really it has been blown.

By letting him know that she knows he faces the reality that, okay, it is going to come out sooner or later as long as she is in the game. It is better to take the hit sooner rather than later, let her blow the secret as her torch is getting snuffed if she wants, he has the entire rest of the game to recover from the hit.

"Dana (Quit), Dawson (Booted)"
Posted by Bebo on 10-17-12 at 02:17 PM
Started to explain, got long-winded, erased it all and just left my vote. Nuff said.

"Dana (sick & quits) Dawson (boot)"
Posted by Loree on 10-17-12 at 05:07 PM

"Dana (Quit), Dawson (Booted)""
Posted by Corvis on 10-17-12 at 05:31 PM
Tribe's post is way more awesome than anything I could come up with. So there ya go. Dana quits and Dawson is booted.