URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7950
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"East Coast Spoiler Thread, Ep 4"

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-10-12 at 08:01 PM
YOu know the drill, sorry I'm late...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread, Ep 4"
Posted by Flowerpower on 10-10-12 at 08:05 PM
Despite Malcolm's close connection to Angie, he voted her out...

Sad music, and rain, Matsing...pouring and cold...freezing...miserable, see Russel gathering wood, tries to start fire, unable to, they are miserable...Malcolm says they are 0-3, we wake up and it's raining, old rice, I think we have great faces for each other, 1 win is all it will take...that we are not destined for anihilation...Denise gets conf...her thoughts aren't on missing home, they are how do I stay here...I had college roommates and there were 3, and there was one odd ball out...Russell, my plan is with Denise and Malcolm to mount the greatest comeback ever, no quit in them, no quit in me, line it up and let the chips fall where they may!

Posted by Bebo on 10-10-12 at 08:13 PM
Title quote from Pete while he was explaining how he planted the clue in RC's bag. RC knows she's in trouble now.

Posted by Bebo on 10-10-12 at 08:14 PM
At Kalabaw, it looks like Jeff is reconsidering the alliance with Jonathan and realizing how beneficial Jonathan is to ally with. Jeff complained about the young guys and is speaking about Jonathan's usefulness. Carter is also allying with Jonathan.

"Guys vs gals"
Posted by Bebo on 10-10-12 at 08:15 PM
The Kalabaw women are seeing the guys spending hours out together talking as they fish, so the women have decided to bond. So there's currently an even 3-3 split in that tribe.

"RE: Guys vs gals"
Posted by crispy06 on 10-10-12 at 08:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-12 AT 08:39 PM (EST)

They still don't spend enough time on that tribe. I'm glad to finally hear from Dawson again but i think she is in trouble should kalabaw go to TC.

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-10-12 at 08:16 PM
Lisa at Tandang has conf, Pete feels very good in this game. Abi spies something under RC's bag...they read the clue to everyone....RC is pissed....Abi thinks RC ....Pete says that he is the one that put the clue there, he planted the clue, and now Abi blew it up, and Abi is "so mad", see Abi cuddling up to Pete, he wants them to play his game...

Now at Kalabaw...Jonathan after the rain he is in a tropical paradise, the most beuatiful place he's ever been. Jeff says they have a young group of kids and they don't know how to carry a professional conversation, and Jon is trying...see Jonathan helping hte kids find a clam...he is saying he needs Jonathan...see Carter...Jeff tells him you bring yourself and your immunity idol, and I can control some people, Jon says Jeff is a competetor and can help me, having him with me will make me pretty pretty powerful...and I do. Jon talks to Carter...he says that right now I want to go far with you, and Carter and Jon shake hands...Carter has a confessional, me Jeff and Jon have an alliance and we are against the girls...

Dawson has conf: at first it wsa us against Jon, now they are bonding in the ocean, and now it's them against us. Dana wants to merge and get an alliance with other ladies and it will be us against them. Dana says guys have strength to bring to the table but girls have social abilities to bring to the table...

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-10-12 at 08:28 PM
Matsing...Russell, says this game, ...Malcolm says he sized Russell up...he's been in a position of leadership but he collapsed in Somao, he's still here because we are doing so badly and we need muscle mass. Russell says game play sucks, everyone is trying to figure out who's going to be next, and they haven't said anything to me about who is going to be next and that makes me suspicious. So I have a clue to where the idol is hidden. So I am servching and I will most likely need it. Clue says somewhere near your beach, it's right beneath your nose, I'm sure that I have been past it, and this dummy is walking past it, and it just sucks. Denise walks past him, looking at him, conf: and I don't know why it was shady, but russell was looking for something, I don't know, what is he doing? Denise tells Malcolm...makes me nervous...Malcolm in conf: she saw him digging in the corner of the shelter...if you busted him while he was hiding it, he would have hid it in his pocket, so we wnet thru his things, so might as well blindside him and leave no room or error....

Tandang: Mike is adding water to the stew, is a salty person, Pete says that he likes the rift between RC and Abi. Abi says don't talk to me RC, just move on...you know what you did, you betrayed me, don't go there. I don't want to talk to me...RC inconf: Abi is not rational, I dont know if she planted it or not, Pete what is she talking about, Pete says thaty between you guys. RC says that she thought she had Abi, and she thought she had Pete, nbow I think I am in trouble. And we see RC venting to Lisa.

Lisa says that RC got the clue and it fell out of her bag, and now Abi hot temper is out, so I will let it stew ...

"Challenge"
Posted by Flowerpower on 10-10-12 at 08:38 PM
Alot of stuff developing in the other 2 tribes....foreshadowing!

See a volcano....the challenge...come on in guys...Angie was voted out at the last TC. Taking back the idols...1 at a time carry 2 pots of rice thru series of obstacles, collect them all and then use wrecking balls to smash all 6 pots, first done wins, playing for immunity and reward...steaks and salad veggies, spices, and all utensils and protein, second tribe gets couple of veggies and pot to cook it in and spices....half of the full tribes have to sit out, the three ladies all sit out on the other 2 tribes.

Here we go...Malcomlm with skupin and Carter, and Malcolm out to a quick start, Carter breaks a pot and has to start over, Matsing in the lead and skumpin right behind, and Carter is in trouble....Malcolm heading back, flying, Russell now on course, and then Artis is going for Tandang....Falling behind qill get you in trouble. Russell heading back for Matsing...ARtis having trouble, and now Jon coming back, and Denise is heading back with final 2 pots for Matsin, and Jeff out with 2 final pots, and Denise start to fall behind, and Pete with final pots....Slowly Kalabow is catching up, Tandang all are going and now Matsing all going back to final stage, now Kalabaw final stage, ARtis is smashing pot, now Malcolm, Artis gets 2 pots at once, Now Kalabaw is smashing, then Malcolm getting smashed pots, ...close race, and Artis wins, Matsing has one, and Kalabaw has one, and they both miss, Malcolm misses and Jeff hits his...the baseball player wins....Matsing loses for the 4th straight time....Russell yell same old crap, Losrd I don't know what happenbed....Father you have to help me understand this, I just can't take this...I am talking to God, Russell, Jeff says, sometimes you talk like you are a superhero, I was born as a super creature and I am supposed to live my life in excellence, Jiffy says someone has to lose, Russell says it pisses me off...

See Russell shaking his head, Jiffy says they are trading the food for the tarp...Russell, Denise, Malcolm, you are going to TC, one of the 3 will be going home....

"RE: Challenge"
Posted by crispy06 on 10-10-12 at 08:40 PM
Too bad matsing couldn't pull it out. That was tough for Denise, she was the shortest so it took her longer on the obstacle.

Posted by jbug on 10-10-12 at 08:47 PM
as physically fit as Russell looks, he is actually rather weak; has to crawl to get back to the mat so they can start breaking pots.

Posted by Jstowle on 10-10-12 at 10:36 PM
I thought people couldn't sit out back to back challenges? Did the rules change?

Posted by rachelOH63 on 10-10-12 at 11:19 PM
I don't know the official rules, but I believe it was just within 1 episode... if there was a RC & IC in the same episode, then the same person couldn't sit out both. I don't know if it was ever different, in the old days, probably was...

Posted by CTgirl on 10-11-12 at 05:05 PM
As much as I don't like Russell (I didn't like him the first time either), I think the producers had it out for him. First they had Zane, an overweight, out of shape smoker for their 3rd guy and then for this challenge, they let two teams of strong men go against Russell, Denise and Malcolm. Denise did hold her own but Malcolm looked too tired and run down to keep up with Jeff Kent. Matsing was doomed from the beginning! IMO, it wasn't a fair challenge.

Posted by Bebo on 10-10-12 at 08:41 PM
Wow. It was bad enough when Russell would get mad after they lost. But his speech this time was so ridiculous that Jeff was calling him out on it.

Russell declared himself made by God in his image of perfection, he is a person of excellence...and everyone else rightfully gave him "um, and are you saying we're not?" look. Jeff pointed out to him that he is in a competition, and by definition, some lose in competition.

You could just see Tandang and Kalabaw silently pleading with Malcolm and Denise to vote him out.

Posted by michel on 10-10-12 at 09:22 PM
I don't think Russell meant that he was perfect and no one else was. He does believe that we are all God's creation so he expects perfection from himself.

Posted by Bebo on 10-10-12 at 09:34 PM
Agreed. But the looks on the other players' faces were definitely a negative response.

Like Malcolm said, Russell was playing a horrible social game with his post-challenge reactions. This one was the worst of all.

Posted by jbug on 10-10-12 at 08:52 PM
russell says "i'm no slouch"

uh, yes you are.

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-10-12 at 08:54 PM
Malcolm: the dog dies that I had all of my life and I didn't cry after that, but after this challenge, I almost cried.

Russell: It coudl be me that we vote out?

See Russell and Malcolm

Malcolm: Me and Denise have been aligned since day one, but I want them both to believe that I am with them both, but really I want to vote out Russ, Like we have been planning for a week...Malc tells Denise, lets just make him comfortable.

Denise: if Russ has the II, we want him to be comfortable, so if he has it, he won't play it.

Russ to Denise....When I lose I get pissed but I get over it...He says when he was 8 he got jumped by 2 kids, and I was beat up, by kids, I remember for a long time after that I was scared becasue I would see them and they would tease, and make a long story short, I finally catch one, and I punched him and he started crying....something about that, just not being in fear, I won't cowar in the face of anything....he tells her I am trying to figure out if I am going home tonight. Denise tells him, I like Malcolm byt socially he's a big threat, and physically he'll perform, hea a threat...she is lying to Russell to make him comfortable. Russell says that he is glad to know that he has a chance...he thought he was gone.

Russ: in conf: finally Denise says that she wants to vote Malc. Now he thinks that he's int he pivotal position...I am in the middle.

Now Maolcolm is wondering...we are getting rid of Russ...but now he's quesitoning it because he is wondering if this could back fire on him....Denise thinks she may be bamboozled, but these are 2 good guys and they had played the game better than me.

TC:

Denise says it is crazy...Malcolm: it must hav ebeen interesting at camp, because we are all saying the same thing to everybody. Denise says that each one of us is ready to go.
Russ; In the challenge, I said, if I do my best, I should win...I talked to Denise today, there is nothing wrong with mey expecting excellence everytime with what I am doing.

Jeff: Who put Malcolm up at the end? Malc says that he did...when I am the one that let's people down it totally stings on me.

Denise says that she is a strong player, strong social game...Malc says that he has 20 years on the guy, no offense to denise, but I have a vertical foot on her, I'm physical...Russ says that Malco is incredible, Russ says he can compete, not like Malcolm , but I can and with my experience...

Malc: says that Denise is one step ahead of them all. Malco says that the two going forward will be the 2 that have the best chance together to go deep in this game...

Votine: Russ is first, votes Malcolm
Malcolm votes Russ
Denise; ???

See Russ

TallY:
No one plays an idol...

Thunder storm

Russ
Malcolm
Russ

4th out: Russ He walks off without looking at either of them. Malcolm's heart was pounding. Jiffy says, now you know what you have to do...keep fighting.

"Million Dollar Quote!"
Posted by Bebo on 10-10-12 at 08:55 PM
I think that Malcolm just gave us this season's million dollar quote. When asked why Denise should go tonight, he said that if you get her in front of a jury, they'll point at the other two and say "You suck, you suck" and then point to Denise and says "she wins".

The one thing Russell does right in this game is lay out exactly how the final jury could go. I think his quote foreshadows that somehow Denise is able to pull out a win. I know, picking a Matsing to win the whole thing is crazy, but that quote sticks out to me.

"RE: Million Dollar Quote!"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-10-12 at 08:59 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-12 AT 07:39 PM (EST)

I don't know if Denise would win or not, but there was some rather heavy foreshadowing in this episode, such as what Malcolm said at TC, "the greatest comeback in Survivor history", "the two still here after the vote will have the best chance of going forward deep into the game," and so on.

Posted by crispy06 on 10-10-12 at 09:11 PM
I think those two are going very deep. With Kalabaw looking to have a medivac next episode it gives both of them life. Tandang and kalabaw are not solid. Kalabaw is split 3-3 and Tandang has two secret alliances.

Posted by forehead on 10-10-12 at 09:04 PM
I like it. Denise can fly under the radar for a while. Too much infighting within the other tribes.

Posted by Bebo on 10-10-12 at 09:32 PM
She's getting an awesome edit - even snarky ol' me loves her.

She's playing a great social game, strategy without cruelty. (Her comment to Malcolm about being gentle with Russell before voting him out stuck out.) She's doing well at challenges. And even though she's helped to vote out every player so far, she has not been portrayed as a villain in any of those situations.

The producers are setting her up as someone for the audience to root for. And they've hooked me.

Posted by dabo on 10-10-12 at 09:38 PM
Remind me to never play Survivor with a therapist. I'm sure the session with Russell was much longer than what we saw, and wow she handled him so well. Denise gets to FTC she can probably handle any curve thrown her way.

Can't wait to see how she handles Abi.

Posted by forehead on 10-10-12 at 09:55 PM
>Remind me to never play Survivor with a therapist.

What do you do if you suspect somebody might have a HII? You play like Denise - make them comfortable so that they won't play the HII. Granted - Russ didn't have the HHI, but if he did, Denise could not have played that any better.

>Can't wait to see how she handles Abi.

Blame executive assistants. Seriously though, I can't wait either.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-11-12 at 12:49 PM
The other very smart thing that Denise did was get Russell to vote for Malcolm rather than herself. That way, just in case Russell did find/play the HII, she wouldn't get the bounce and go home.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-10-12 at 11:49 PM
Agreed. Loving Denise! Rare that you see talk about how a jury would view someone so early in the season. Nice to see the "older woman" succeed.

Even after hearing some of the people on Penner's tribe finally talk tonight, they still seem pretty lame. Must be a reason they're not focusing on them.

Lisa is growing on me. Loved her strategy comments about Abi/RC.

Posted by Bebo on 10-11-12 at 00:00 AM
>Lisa is growing on me. Loved her strategy comments about Abi/RC.

She's playing smart. She knew she was the obvious first boot, so she showed Pete she was willing to cooperate when he threw her a life preserver and talked to her. And now she can just let the two drama queens battle it out while she moves the target off her back. Let those two get so annoying that the tribe will want to vote one out just to quiet things down.

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-10-12 at 09:02 PM
With Matsing down to 2, the idol is their only hope...see them reading a clue to the HII, and hear Malcolm say, GOSH, I feel like an idiot...and at Kalabaw its about to change, See Jeff sit down with a knee brace on and say "OWWWW:, then see Dawson sitting in the shelter... Jiffy says: the only time they pull any one from this game is when their life is in danger....see the medic boat arrive, see Jiffy at Kalabaw, say, WOW...as someone, a girls foot I think, Dawson's?, as she is totally under the covers and she pulls her foot in...I think?

Russell says that he's in shock, he was completely blindsided, he had a dysfunctional tribe, he's done with Survivor.

Posted by michel on 10-10-12 at 09:30 PM
First good episode of the season and maybe that's just because my expectations were low. I really enjoyed seeing Kalabaw's dynamics and I hope they don't get screwed by a medevac. I also liked the simple fishing scene, Jonathan's "paradise found" moment and the girls "black widow" plans. That should be something to keep in mind.

I felt that Peter did too much and the older members of the tribe, Artis and Lisa, could flip back to the calmer and more rational Mike and Lisa.

With the talk of Denise being a sure bet to win uif she makes jury, Lisa's plan to let others become targets and Dawson/Dana's talk of women uniting, it gave the feeling that a woman wins this season.

How is it even possible that Russell was blind to his eviction? Malcoom said he lacked self-awareness but that was ridiculous. Saying he had hope is one thing, being blindsided in that situation?

Posted by Bebo on 10-10-12 at 09:37 PM
>How is it even possible that Russell was blind to his eviction?

Like every other episode, Russell could see the weaknesses of others while ignoring his own. He was always willing to blame the rest of the tribe for the loss. He admitted his poor leadership in episode 1, but he still stayed quick to call someone else the weakest link, even when he couldn't perform well in challenges.

Posted by forehead on 10-10-12 at 09:50 PM
>How is it even possible that Russell was blind to his eviction?

In a word - Denise.
In two words - the therapist.

Bebo is hitting them out of the park in this thresd.

Posted by michel on 10-10-12 at 09:58 PM
It was a rhetorical question!

Posted by rachelOH63 on 10-10-12 at 11:07 PM
Just logging in, just finished the episode on DVR 10PM CST.
Haven't read everyone's comments yet... but this episode made me SO SAD for them! I'm sure I've felt this way before... but I really like Malcolm, and the 3 of them seemed to have the potential to stick together, and have a great underdog story. Too Bad!

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-11-12 at 08:37 AM
Hi Rachel! Yes, we all know how EPMB loves the UNDERDOGS! And, I think Malcolm and Denise are just that. I think they still have legs, fwiw.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-11-12 at 01:05 PM
Sounds like Jeff thinks Denise and Malcolm have legs too. Here's an excerpt from Jeff's EW interview.

Interesting to see who he singles out...and that Abi may be top 10 villains of all time.

EW: Which player has exceeded your expectations so far?

PROBST: Pete, definitely. I didn’t think he would “get” the game but he’s doing a really good job. I figured Abi for a player but what I didn’t figure her for was a villain. At this rate she may crack top ten villains of all time! Lisa Whelchel has surprised me in that she really did come to play and her story continues to draw me in as I anticipate her next move. Jeff Kent is more than I hoped he would be — I love him. I love his approach to the game, he never ever complains about anything. Malcolm is delivering as expected — we loved him the minute he showed up. Denise has surprised me — I didn’t see her as that much of a physical threat but she is really tearing it up. Unfortunately she is on the wrong tribe and now has a huge hole to dig out of — but it’s Survivor and she and Malcolm could still make it deep, they just need a ton of luck. (Squid editorial comment: Or a tribal switchup, ha!) Skupin has surprised me a bit in a couple of ways — he is more malleable than I anticipated and more Mr. Magoo than I expected. The rest are giving us what we expected from them — overall this is a great cast!

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-11-12 at 03:41 PM
Wow, nice read from Jiffy. Thanks for sharing, Squid! Yes, I echo everyone's thoughts here, I am a big Malcolm and Denise fan as well. And, I have to agree with Jiffy's assessments so far. I am quite happy so far with this season. At last, some colorful but not trashy and disgusting DAWS! Love it!