URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7939
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S25 Ep2 Title - "Don’t Be Blinded By the Headlights""

Posted by Sheldor on 09-21-12 at 00:32 AM
Thread for discussion of Ep2 title/teasers/clues

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"CBS Press Release"
Posted by Sheldor on 09-21-12 at 00:33 AM
http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor-philippines/releases/view?id=32994

FORMER TV STAR LISA WHELCHEL REACHES HER BREAKING POINT EARLY IN THE GAME, AND A CRUSHING LOSS AT THE IMMUNITY CHALLENGE CAUSES ONE CASTAWAY TO UNLEASH THEIR ANGER, ON “SURVIVOR: PHILIPPINES,” WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 26

CHEAT TWEET: Former TV teen star Lisa Whelchel reaches her breaking point early in the game on #SURVIVOR 9/26 9 pm http://bit.ly/RAhy3W

"Don’t Be Blinded By the Headlights" — Former TV teen star Lisa Whelchel reaches her breaking point early in the game, and as temperatures drop, two castaways make a risky choice to keep each other warm, on SURVIVOR: PHILIPPINES, Wednesday, Sept. 26 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network

"RE: CBS Press Release"
Posted by Sheldor on 09-21-12 at 00:43 AM
Jeff's tease on EW: "Malcolm and Angie are on the hot seat as they canoodle in front of everyone" apparently gives away the Press Release "as temperatures drop, two castaways make a risky choice to keep each other warm"

And I think the title "Don’t Be Blinded By the Headlights" sounds like something Denise (the sex therapist) would say to Malcolm in reference to Angie...

Posted by tribephyl on 09-21-12 at 04:58 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-12 AT 05:01 AM (EST)

CBS gives away half the clue, So...Outside of Lisa's early "breaking point" (Which I believe will indeed be a major story this season but hers is a journey story and she has to suffer first, then achieve breakthrough before being booted. but anyways...)
The rest of the clues have me considering a Matsing re-visit to TC.

"As temperatures drop, Malcolm and Angie *Thanks JP make a risky choice to keep each other warm"
As sheldor stated it sounds completely plausible for Denise to be saying "Don’t Be Blinded By the Headlights" to Malcolm regarding being read the wrong way about the cuddling. A sort of Think with your other head typed response that CAN be printed in tvlistings.
However, my gut reaction when I saw the title was in reference to the multiple self-under-bus-throwing that seems to plague Russell and now defunct Zane. They're coming for Russell and he's so dense he can't see it. But...

"A crushing loss at the Immunity Challenge causes one castaway to unleash their anger"
THIS sounds a LOT like Russell. He is quick to anger and is also rapid with the finger pointing. Does the challenge loss again get blamed on Angie? Does it somehow get convoluted with Malcolm and Angie's newfound closeness. Russell sees a threat in their bond but blames it all on her lack of challenge prowess? Russell pulls a "Brandon" and has Angie "Mikayla-ed"?

Or is the angry one someone else?
I know Jonathan can get angry, but he seems to be playing a meeker game this time around. Searching for the idol could mean he feels in great trouble and most likely non-confrontational. (Jonathan CAN control his actions.)
Jeff? Jeff get's angry, this we know.
Totally plausible.
Yet, he seems to be the one in control at Kalabaw, at least socially. So would a loss, "crushing" or not, lead him to unleash his anger? I just don't know. With his game starting injury, it's apparent he's more thankful for having a social game to play. Why mess it up by yelling at them all?

The more I think about it, the more I believe it will come down to Russell vs. Angie at TC.
But it's still early. No challenge caps yet so it's all spec about challenge losers.

Posted by Arnold_Lorax2 on 09-21-12 at 09:05 AM
I think you are right on Tribe I think Russell is the hothead reference and Angie is the headlight reference. I think Denise tries to talk sense into Malcom cause he is seriously considering voting out Russ but Denise thinks they need his strength instead. She wakes him up by saying the line "don't get blinded by the headlights" Malcom laughs and takes it the right way and knows she is right. Looms large for a Angie boot but they will play it up Russ vs Abgie all the way to TC

Agman siggified me

Posted by Corvis on 09-21-12 at 09:54 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-12 AT 09:55 AM (EST)

I agree. The crushing loss points to Matsing losing again. They're not going to boot Russell after two losses. Angie, the more outspoken of the "weak" women, and who is canoodling with someone else, will get booted.

Posted by crispy06 on 09-21-12 at 10:14 AM
I agree it looks like another Masting loss. I rightly predicted that they will be the weakest tribe, unfortunately losing another member only makes it worse. But as far as the boot goes it looks like it will be either Angie or Russell. I'm leaning toward a Angie boot. (hopefully i'm wrong and they get out Russell)

Posted by Bebo on 09-22-12 at 00:30 AM
>FORMER TV STAR LISA WHELCHEL REACHES
>HER BREAKING POINT EARLY IN
>THE GAME

Lisa's divorce was final 9 days before she left for Survivor. She had been married for 24 years. No wonder she made all the comments in Ep 1 about finding out who she is. Makes sense that she would be dealing with some emotions when she first gets there.

"Going out to 'Survivor' was helpful for me," the 49-year-old actress said, "to divert my attention and not just dwell on the loss."

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/21/facts-of-life-star-lisa-whelchel-on-divorce/

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 09-22-12 at 11:01 AM
And considering how devoutly religious she is, I'm sure there would be a lot of self-doubt and questions she's got to process in her head about the whole thing since divorce is frowned upon in many sects. Having all that free time to herself on the island is a good way for all these self-doubts to creep up and the cameras just happen to be there when she's having a moment.

Nothing to see at all there in terms of her game play or any potential boot threats, I'd say.