URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7924
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S24 East Coast Spoiler Thread - FINALE"

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-13-12 at 08:05 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-12 AT 08:09 PM (EST)

Keep all thoughts, rantings, cheering, yawns of indifference, riotous laughter at Alicia for her delusions of being in control, and fawning affections of love for Kim here on this thread until it's time for the West Coast to catch up with us.

So... How far behind are we tonight?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S24 East Coast Spoiler Thread - FINALE"
Posted by Snidget on 05-13-12 at 08:13 PM
I think we started on time. Shocking, something is seriously wrong at CBS. Too many on time weeks in a row. I skeered.

Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 08:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-12 AT 08:18 PM (EST)

IC starting at 17 minutes after the hour
A balance beam maze

Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 08:18 PM
Christina falls off; Kim falls off; Alicia and Chelsea "close" per Jeff. Alicia and Chelsea in 2nd section of IC. puzzle pieces

Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 08:19 PM
Chelsea working on puzzle; 5 bags; now Sabrina, then Kim and Alicia working on puzzle

Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 08:23 PM
Alicia, Kim, and Chelsea dead even; Alicia now falling behind. Kim
and Alicia done with puzzle, have to figure out the riddle. Kim going to top to see if she figured out combination. No. Alicia now heading up to check her numbers. Kim and Alicia going back to check riddle. Kim Chelsea and Alicia now back trying numbers. Winner: Kim

"F5 Tribal Council"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 08:33 PM
Conversations up to this point: Kim the mastermind. Alicia thinks its Chelsea; Chelsea thinks she'll get the HII from Kim and it'll be Alicia.

"F5 Tribal Council"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 08:39 PM
Chelsea votes for Alicia; Alicia votes for Chelsea. Kim has II; Kim doesn't give Chelsea the HII.
Votes: Chelsea, Alicia, Chelsea, Alicia, Alicia.
Alicia says "wow". Kim says, "sorry mama".
Kat whispers, "she backstabbed me and Alicia".

"RE: F5 Tribal Council"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-13-12 at 09:03 PM
Alicia says "well done Kim, proud of you" and has harsh words for Christina.

"RE: F5 Tribal Council"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 09:11 PM
And they also showed Christina saying something nice about Kim, how well she played. Kim already getting kudos!

Posted by dabo on 05-13-12 at 08:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-12 AT 08:44 PM (EST)

YAY! Chelsea saved herself by talking the idol, Kim couldn't let her get voted out after that. Sure, she thought about it, but this way she keeps the idol, Chelsea doesn't go to the jury bitter that she kept the idol. Bubye Alicia!

"Fallen Comrades, on the way to F4 IC"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 08:53 PM
Christina gets treemail and says she needs to bring up her game. Chelsea and Kim talking, Kim will cry if Christina wins.

"RE: Fallen Comrades, on the way to F4 IC"
Posted by Arnold_Lorax on 05-13-12 at 08:58 PM
I'm glad they did the fallen comrades I love that part,

Posted by dabo on 05-13-12 at 08:59 PM
Fallen comrades walk. Colton learned he's a spoiled bitch. Kat still upset she was too naive.

"F4 IC"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 09:05 PM
Fallen comrades done. Commercial. Back at 1 hour into the program. Day 38. Long poles, bowls maneuvered through channels. pile up bowls.

"F4 IC"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 09:08 PM
Kim done with 1. There are steps to work on, so perhaps doesn't help a taller person... Kim and Christina neck & neck, per Jeff. Done with 3.

"RE: F4 IC"
Posted by dabo on 05-13-12 at 09:11 PM
Kim wins final immunity, looks bad for Christina. Should be a great FTC if it is Chelsea, Kim and Sabrina.

"F4 IC"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 09:10 PM
"sabrina out of it early" per jeff...dropping bowls.
Kim and Christina at 7. dead even. placing 8th bowl.
Sabrina at 5; Chelsea at 7; wind is blowing. Christina and Kim on 9th bowl. There are 10. Kim's 9th bowl barely hanging on. Christina done with 9th, but kim already on 10th. Kim taking her time. Kim wins.

"F4 Tribal Council"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 09:18 PM
Christina rolls over and says, "I just want to know if I'm going" Kim says yes, but I love you. They hug. Kim tells Chelsea.
Then Kim says in PI she's still thinking about what's best for her.

Scrambling today?, Jeff asks. No. They know who is going home. Jeff asks who is going home. "fill me in". Christina says, "it is me". Troyzan shakes his head. Alicia and Kat mumble. Now Christina giving her argument why Sabrina could go instead. Sabrina says she knows what's going on. Perception is not always reality".

"christina "
Posted by jbug on 05-13-12 at 09:19 PM
doesn't even try;
Jeff is trying to convince Kim that Christina is a great goat to go to F3 with.

"F4 Tribal Council"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 09:20 PM
Jeff asks if Kim would have just rolled over and died. "absolutely not" "it is not as clear as it seems"... and Sabrina and Chelsea (allegedly look at Kim at that moment). Christina votes for Sabrina. Sabrina votes for Christina. Votes: Sabrina, Christina, Christina, Christina.

"RE: F4 Tribal Council"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-13-12 at 09:30 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-12 AT 09:31 PM (EST)

Just wanted to pass along my thanks to you for helping out with the play by play tonight. Much appreciated!

I'm a bit behind tonight with some kid-related stuff to take care of.

"RE: F4 Tribal Council"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 09:31 PM
it is mother's day. i'm am hunkered down in my room, watching live Survivor for once!

Posted by dabo on 05-13-12 at 09:28 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-12 AT 09:41 PM (EST)

five voters left with a chance of making a clean sweep, good luck!

"Congrats"
Posted by dabo on 05-13-12 at 10:47 PM
Blind Freddy! The sole clean sweep!

"RE: Congrats"
Posted by Arnold_Lorax on 05-14-12 at 09:30 AM
Nice job BlindFreddy, I was torn between 2nd and 3rd and almost went Sabrina as 2. You nailed it!

"RE: Congrats"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 05-14-12 at 10:23 AM
Thanks guys....a poor man's meal after missing the last several boots b/c I was too busy feeding at SEG's goat trough. I missed most of the show due to Mom Day stuff but tuned in just in time to see the F3 TC sitdown and find that my picks were still in it....tho not necessarily to win it...lol.

Fun season even with the in-your-face Kim-wins edit. I'm sure tho that SEG will punish us well for that over the next several seasons. Kinda like an on-going, endless passive-aggressive X-mas morning.

"F3"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 09:31 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-12 AT 09:38 PM (EST)

Sabrina, alone, crying, overwhelmed, thankful.
Treemail. Food.
Kim says she's going to tell jury she voted you out and lied but she has no boobs left, so have mercy.
Chelsea, PI, didn't expect F3, Chelsea says Dad said we're proud no matter what. Chelsea now says it is more than the money.
Kim talking about divorce, had good decision here (vs. marriage) and is gaining her confidence back, taking it back to real life.

"RE: F3"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-13-12 at 09:36 PM
Gotta say kudos to Kim - she didn't take the easy way out and simply take a goat along.

"RE: F3"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 09:39 PM
Thought the same thing.

"F3 Tribal Council"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 09:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-12 AT 09:57 PM (EST)

Chelsea first: A pair is important. someone you can trust 100%. Kim and I have been a pair. every tribal, literally map out who stays, who goes. game changed at merge. jonas, good person, had the hardest time writing name now. chelsea, she said to herself, check out and play non-emotional. Kim more emotional connection with me. maybe i shot myself in the foot, because now i don't have

Kim love this game. see it as a game. like poker. gonna play hard as can, strategized until blue in the face, sent you home, took a toll on me. hard. thought of family, what i want to do for them, vs. knowing you for 20 days, hope you all can forgive me. hope you see it as a game.

Sabrina. didn't try hard at challenges, kim was messenger, sabrina chose not to step up and come to you, but she was there (involved in decision).

"RE: F3 Tribal Council"
Posted by dabo on 05-13-12 at 09:39 PM
Impressive opening statements. Cheslea lays out hard truth, Kim plays the Game card, Sabrina may have scored with the Real Life and I come from a tough place card. Chelsea didn't seem to get to the jury like Kim and Sab.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-13-12 at 09:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-12 AT 09:45 PM (EST)

Surprised at Sab's words, I expected more of a strategic explanation of things from her considering how well spoken she comes across - didn't think she would use her laid off status to try score some points.

"F3 Tribal Council"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 09:44 PM
Commercial. Jury begins.
Jonas says, Sabrina you suck at challenges. Chelsea you are cute, but that's not how I'm voting. Chelsea what was your biggest strategy. Chelsea says my idea to take out Kat. JOnas: Kim, why didn't you keep Christina. Kim: because I took these guys and my game was good. and maybe i'll still win because of that.

Christina: Kim, who would you take out if I was still there? Kim: Chelsea, cuz I'll win vs. Sabrina. Christina says, "Chelsea, why do you hate people?" Chelsea, says I'm not the cold hearted itch-bay. I'm really not. I think she also said Kim told her to take her heart out of it.

Jay: Sabrina, you'll take it easy at challenges. you did that at camp too. strategy, really? Sabrina says she can be overbearing so she tamed herself.

"F3 Tribal Council"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 09:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-12 AT 10:24 PM (EST)

Mike: Kim, define what a blindside is. Kim, did you perfect it. Kim: Mike, you were the only guy Troyzan was willing to vote. Mike: Kim you took all the blame. Are you smart or stupid to do that?

Tarzan: Thanks God for being able to do this. Thanks ladies for keeping him. Talks and cries about wife being there. Very appreciative. Thanks. Crying.

Chelsea says, your wife and your romance together has opened her eyes to what she wants as a partner. now she knows it is real.

Leif: My hat off to you 3. Chelsea says, "sweet very sweet". He's really sore that he was voted off. How did that happen? Kim: I could never figure out if she trusted him or not". Sabrina: At that point in the game, Kim's the messenger. I couldn't tell you. that would hurt me. Leif says congratulations.

"F3 Tribal Council"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 09:54 PM
Alicia: we played similarly, kim. you had your pawns. i had mine. if i was still there. i would still be a threat. kim you played a hell of a game. i hate you (i think she said) could strangle you. i love you.

Troyzan: congratulations. i don't hate you. my real beef is with kim. you did play a great game. Kim, just going to ask you a question. if you answer correctly it will prove if you are a great player or not. what decision against me, what move, to ruin my game. Kim says taking jonas out of this game. Troyzan: that's your answer. Kim: yes.

Kat: voted out, really upset. you 3 hurt me very badly. kim, girl, i'm destroyed. but i have a secret. i was little, 12 years old had 2 open heart surgeries, but have to do it again now. but i don't have time to be angry. turns to jury and said base it on what they did not on being angry. takes more energy to be angry. easier to smile and be happy. to F3: i forgive you. that's it.

Posted by dabo on 05-13-12 at 09:58 PM
Wish there had been more actual questions. Say that every season, though.

Kat was impressive, that was a 180 from Sue's snakes and rats speech.

"*head tilt*"
Posted by Snidget on 05-13-12 at 09:57 PM
Is it just me or was that kind of a strange final tribal council?

"RE: *head tilt*"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 09:59 PM
no one seems extra bitter... most questions shown were for kim.

"RE: *head tilt*"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-13-12 at 10:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-12 AT 10:35 PM (EST)

Yeah it's hard to work up the venom with the type of game Kim has played and also the other two haven't truly been too offensive themselves, unlike most seasons... So it had the feel of twiddling thumbs and waiting to get it over with before the vote.

"F3 Tribal Council - Time to Vote"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 10:02 PM
Back from commercial. Time to Vote.
Troyzan votes for Sabrina. Take care, comb your hair.
Kat votes for Kim. Upset with you but learned something during this game.
Jeff goes to get votes. See you in NY.
That's all they showed. Maybe all the rest of votes for Kim....

"LIVE now."
Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 10:04 PM
Jeff: Sabrina, Kim, Chelsea, one of you will be rewarded for 39 days of tough work. I'm first to admit that having never played I have no idea what toll it takes. watched it for 12 years. blah blah blah. whichever wins, you deserve. sabrina you look like you're going to pass out.

Votes:
Kim
Sabrina
Kim
Sabrina
Kim
Kim
Kim
the winner.

"yay!!!!"
Posted by byoffer on 05-13-12 at 10:07 PM
YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY

Go Kim.

And she's single, eh?

"RE: yay!!!!"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-13-12 at 10:08 PM
Let's just say she's better at picking alliance mates than husbands.

Posted by rachelOH63 on 05-13-12 at 10:11 PM
Troy and Leif the ones that voted for Sabrina.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-13-12 at 10:21 PM
Leif's always out of the loop but Troy surprised me as I thought he'd respect Kim's gameplay as he was complaining too many didn't fight in the game.

Posted by byoffer on 05-13-12 at 11:04 PM
I was left wondering what was going through Troy's mind. What was the answer he was expecting from Kim? Did he end up being one of those people who want the answer to be "Troy, you were the greatest. Voting you out was the hardest but most important move of the whole game!!"??

I agree about Leif. Maybe there was some personal relationship between him and Sabrina that we didn't see.

Posted by dabo on 05-13-12 at 11:23 PM
At the merge Kim had two ways to go, women's alliance or Salani2. (Had Colton not been evaced she probably would have gone with Salani2 rather than women's alliance plus Colton, maybe even blindsided Colton at the merge to get him and his HII out of the way.) She still had both those options the next round. When she Kimmed him to take out Mike was when she committed fully to women's alliance, that's probably the answer he was looking for.

"You were a great player, Troy, but when I Kimmed you to take out Mike your days were numbered."

Posted by Belle Book on 05-14-12 at 09:19 AM
Yeah, but I also think Kim's answer was correct. The guys' days were really numbered when Jonas was gone because that was when Kim could take control by committing fully to the all-female alliance and take out the guys one by one , with only a brief pause to take out Kat.

Anyway, Kim was a great winner. I tip my hat to her.

Belle Book

"Colton"
Posted by byoffer on 05-13-12 at 10:29 PM
Still hate him and think he is a bigot.

I think his mom scolding him is proof that even she thinks he crossed the line.

Mayim Bialik - why is she defending him? Not really. She is disappointed that he went out sick and didn't get his come-uppance. Jeff planting the seeds for Colton to play again.

Now can you please get Colton off my TV? more Kim! More Chelsea!!

"Tarzan and Kat and Alicia"
Posted by byoffer on 05-13-12 at 10:49 PM
Bit with Tarzan and his wife. Apparently (according to him) he was an excellent surgeon. According to her they really do have a wonderful relationship. She says she doesn't really call him Tarzan, though he tries to insinuate that "sometimes she does" and he gives the Tarzan call. Yikes

Kat - Talks about being as kooky as she was shown, but also that her health is good and that she loves life. Gets credit for a very positive closing speach.

Alicia - given chance to apologize for her comment derogatorily comparing her fellow survivors to her special needs students. Really looked bad.

"Sprint Player of the Year"
Posted by byoffer on 05-13-12 at 10:50 PM
Final 4 are Chelsea, Trazan, Troyzan and Kim. Comes down to Kim and Troyzan, but Kim wins.

"RE: Sprint Player of the Year"
Posted by Belle Book on 05-14-12 at 09:23 AM
So Kim wins the million dollars and the Sprint Player of the Season award! Well, from what I saw and read she totally deserved the award!

Belle Book

Posted by byoffer on 05-13-12 at 10:54 PM
Leif notes that Colton's derogatory comments about his community hurt, but he also heard a lot of very positive things from his community about what he did. Wishes his wife Happy Mother's Day.

Bill - had a gig doing standup in NYC last night. Doing well. Go Bill!!

Christina - negative comments from Colton and Alicia were water off a duck's back. She sells for a living, and gets lots of rejections so Colton and Alicia couldn't hurt her, and she used their comments/animosity as strategy (apparently a very well hidden strategy!)

"The ultimate sacrifice?"
Posted by byoffer on 05-13-12 at 10:58 PM
According to Jeff that is being pulled from the game.

I always thought that when they referred to soldiers paying the ultimate sacrifice it meant something else.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-13-12 at 11:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-12 AT 11:34 PM (EST)

Bummer, would have liked to see an update on how Kourtney is doing since she left with a broken wrist and also had a tumor taken out as a result of the X-rays to find the fracture.

Posted by Brownroach on 05-14-12 at 01:35 AM
I hated Colton, just on the basis of the reunion show. Apparently he was evacuated fairly early? Good riddance. But I suspect he will be one of the upcoming returnees. Another reason to discontinue watching...

Posted by dabo on 05-14-12 at 03:27 AM
I suspect he will be one of the upcoming returnees.

Well, according to spoilers...

In hidden text, if you want to know -- Jonathan Penner (S13, S16), Michael Skupin (S2), Russell Swan (S19) -- let's save some time and just start calling it Survivor Booboo.

Posted by Estee on 05-14-12 at 05:02 AM
Survivor Boo

Oh gawds, not that walking disaster area again.

Survivor Boo, what's the matter with you? You hurt yourself more than the others do.

Posted by Brownroach on 05-14-12 at 01:08 AM
Watched the finale, after having watched nothing since Ep1. Seemed utterly a given that the contestant named Kim would win -- I assume it was no surprise to our spoilers crew.

Hope everyone here is doing well!

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-14-12 at 06:37 AM
You missed a pretty decent (and completely unspoiled) season. No, it wasn't a surprise that Kim won but it was perhaps the most dominating single season performance for a first-timer and we were able to see that week by week instead of having it hidden like with many female winners in past seasons or by having a guy shown in the power position even when a female won.

Posted by michel on 05-14-12 at 07:25 AM
And yet Troyzan, who calls himself a fan of the show, voted against her. That completely discredited his claim that people weren't playing to win if his vote went to the one that admitted she didn't play hard.

Posted by Arnold_Lorax on 05-14-12 at 09:38 AM
I was completely disappointed that Troy didn't vote for Kim, for whatever his stupid reasons were. He is not the player he claims to be. Too bad he will be back before anybody else from his season. A shame.

I have a friend leaving for S26, I will have some inside information on that season. I am going to wait until Season 25 is underway though before giving too much away. S26 will have 10 returning players and 10 new players, but that's all for now.

Posted by Estee on 05-14-12 at 01:40 PM
Shhhh... you don't win hir called back at the last minute, barred from getting on the plane, and so on down the line.

Also, I'm pretty sure MB no longer casts anyone capable of making a friend.

Posted by dabo on 05-14-12 at 10:04 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-12 AT 10:11 AM (EST)

Sabrina didn't say she didn't play hard, she had some good strategy in place and kept her head in the game. Where she didn't give 100% was in individual challenges post-merge. It's a valid tactic to make yourself less of a challenge threat in Survivor.

Posted by Blind Freddy on 05-14-12 at 10:30 AM
>BR
RE: "Hope everyone here is doing well!"

And you, my friend as well. Miss you around here.

Posted by michel on 05-14-12 at 05:07 PM
>Sabrina didn't say she didn't play
>hard, she had some good
>strategy in place and kept
>her head in the game.
> Where she didn't give
>100% was in individual challenges
>post-merge. It's a valid
>tactic to make yourself less
>of a challenge threat in
>Survivor.

She didn't give 100% in camp either and was very lucky everyone turned on Kat when they did. Sab was clueless of just how close she was to the walk of shame. Tell me: What move did she orchestrate? Sab rode coat-tails just like Sophie but she didn't have Coach to give her votes.

Posted by dabo on 05-14-12 at 05:32 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-12 AT 11:44 PM (EST)

I'm not saying she should have won, and I was disappointed in her FTC performance. She shouldn't have mentioned the challenges at all, unless she was asked by one of the jurors. She should have talked about what she did do. She was instrumental in developing a sense of solidarity among the women. She should have talked about how she was managing people, like the airheads, like getting Christina pegged. She managed Kim into the "messenger" position. Take credit for the game she played, her role in things. As for not giving 100% in challenges, she should have had more to say, along the lines that in the ICs it wasn't as important to her so much who won as who didn't win, stuff like that. Or, like I said, just don't bring it up, don't tell unless asked.

But as for playing the game, yeah she did, Troy recognized that.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 05-14-12 at 05:33 PM
Sabrina wanted to avoid being pigeonholed as the aggressive, opinionated black woman in the cast. It didn't work out well for that role in S23 or 22.

But yeah, it's never good not to work around camp, although working didn't get Edna or Christina many points.

She didn't shine in the challenges at all. She couldn't come close to beating Kim in the last two, when she didn't need to hold back. She was nowhere in the last challenge. Christina was the one who showed she had been holding back, as she did almost win the F4 IC.

Posted by Belle Book on 05-14-12 at 09:27 AM
Well, I only watched the finale but I did catch up via the summaries and commentary so I wasn't at all surprised when Kim won. I tip my hat to her -- she dominated the game in a way not even Yul, my favorite winner, did as a first-timer -- and as someone who's always liked strong women, I got to see how a strong, smart woman dominated the game! I liked it!

Belle Book

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 05-14-12 at 07:22 AM
I thought it was a completely boring season once they merged.
The only interesting part was having it unspoiled.
Spent most of the Finale hoping Chelsea wouldn't get booted, was happy, but then she got no votes -- so that was a stupid storyline ... I mean, whether or not Kim would turn on Chelsea was pretty much the whole deal up to FTC.

I do not like seasons that could be subtitled:
"How X Wins Survivor." I like some suspense.

Posted by dabo on 05-14-12 at 10:09 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-12 AT 10:13 AM (EST)

The editors did drop the ball somewhat. They were too centralized on Kim, after Troy was gone they should have had more focus on where everyone was thinking game. What little we saw of that was just in relation to boot and decoy stories.

Posted by bondt007 on 05-14-12 at 03:11 PM
I was thinkling too that they could have done more mis-direction with Alicia the Kingpin...