URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7917
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S23 Ep. 13 "It's Human Nature" Title and Teasers."

Posted by tribephyl on 05-03-12 at 03:23 PM
"It’s Human Nature" — An unlikely betrayal within an alliance puts one castaway on the defense, while another tribe member concocts an elaborate story to gain an advantage in the game, on SURVIVOR: ONE WORLD, Wednesday, May 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CBS Press Release
AN UNLIKELY BETRAYAL WITHIN AN ALLIANCE PUTS ONE CASTAWAY ON THE DEFENSE, ON "SURVIVOR: ONE WORLD,”
WEDNESDAY, MAY 9

Cheat Tweet
Only 6 castaways remain and the competition is getting fierce on #Survivor, May 9 @ 8pmET/PT!

EW(DaltonRoss) Tease
Dalton: Just two episodes left. Tease us up for next week, sir.

Jeff: Next week, a tribe member emerges from the background to join strategy talks and there’s an unlikely betrayal within an alliance.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S23 Ep. 13 "It's Human Nature" Title and Teasers."
Posted by Gothmog on 05-03-12 at 05:59 PM
Jeff: Next week, a tribe member emerges from the background to join strategy talks and there’s an unlikely betrayal within an alliance.

Well, this can't really involve Tarzan and Christina, as they don't have any solid alliances to really betray. We've already seen Kim, Alicia and Chelsea discuss possibly booting Sabrina (though Chelsea was reluctant), and we've seen Kim get catty about Alicia. That leaves either Kim/Chelsea or Chelsea/Alicia for the "unlikely" betrayal, and I think it has to be Kim and Chelsea. Even though Kim indicated at the RC last episode that she didn't want to take Chelsea to the end (indirectly; she said that Kat and Alicia were her final three), we've never seen any hint of a disagreement between the two of them; every episode, they've decided on the boot between them. They've been the most solid alliance since the beginning, making a betrayal most "unlikely."

I think that we were set up for this betrayal when Chelsea said "from here on out, it's a 'Kat' fight"--even though Kat is gone, this may indicate that the Chelsea/Kim alliance has run its course.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-03-12 at 11:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-12 AT 11:22 PM (EST)

Here's what I think. We were set up by the Kim comment to her sister that Kat and Alicia were her F3 (no mention of Chelsea), then Chelsea pushed for Kat's boot and seemingly got her way over Kim's preference to go after Sabrina.

So... if Kim is going to win the game as I feel she will, this week is when she has to make her move against Chelsea because she now sees that Chelsea has some sway over the others because they ended up booting Kat over Sabrina.

I see one of three things happening this coming episode to satisfy the blurb:
(a) Kim gets Chelsea booted.
(b) Kim "betrays" Chelsea by leaving her in the dark on a Sabrina/Christina boot.
(c) Chelsea decides to go for Kim, but Kim gets wind of the plan from someone else (Alicia? Tarzan?) and plays her HII.

I'm personally leaning towards (b) at the moment.

To me, Tarzan is safe because of the heavy focus on him in the previews. Sabrina was featured a lot last week but Kat got the boot instead, so I'm looking for a similar pattern this coming week.

Looking back:

Episode 12 - Sabrina seemed to get the more doomed outlook of the previews with Kat also featured. Kat got the boot.
Episode 11 - Kat received most of the attention in the previews with Troyzan also featured. Troyzan got the boot.
Episode 10 - Troyzan received most of the attention in the previews with Leif getting a small part. Leif got the boot.

Posted by Murphy3126 on 05-03-12 at 11:53 PM
I'm thinking Chelsea lets slip, either deliberately or not, that Kim has a hidden immunity idol, putting Kim on the "defensive". The blurb does not indicate if it is a fatal betrayal, so I'm leaning towards Sabrina boot.

I'd guess Alicia as the elaborate story teller, probably before she wins IC ... shades of Johnny Fairplay.

Posted by PhillyBrat on 05-04-12 at 07:27 AM
Also wanted to include that if Kim let Kat "go" for her final 3 she had to replace her with another goat. (Most likely Christina.)

So I can see Kim wanting to fight to keep Tarzan and Christina right now and Chelsea wanting to remove them as she believes it's her, Kim and Alicia.

I would also venture to say that maybe Chelsea might be the boot.. Chelsea could be better at beating Kim in challenges vrs say Sabrina.. And as long as Kim or Alicia keep wining immunity Kim's plan should be carried out.

Posted by dabo on 05-04-12 at 01:23 AM
"Unlikely betrayal."

Basically, every member of the Instant Alliance turned against another member of the Instant Aliiance last time, Alicia flipping from turning on Sabrina to turning on Kat is the only thing that alterred the outcome. What's left?

Chelsea and Kim joined at the hip, they have been working in tandom. One turns on the other.

Option 1: Kim throws Chelsea under the bus to improve her chances. Kim no longer needs a challenge champ, Chels is now disposable. Get rid of her before she goes on an immunity streak and becomes a FTC threat.

Option 2: Chels decides Kim must go, or is undeserving or something, decides to blindside her (since she knows that Kim has the HII and must be blindsided). Kim gets blindsided and leaves the game with her HII.

Option 2.5: Chels goes against Kim, as stated, but Alicia turns the tables, now knowing Kim has HII, and forces Kim to play the idol, punching her ticket to F3.

Posted by OllieKat on 05-04-12 at 01:46 AM
"Unlikely Betrayal" to me is too mild to indicate a Kim boot. I think they'd promote (in their weird promo monkey way) the heck out of a Kim boot.

I also think it's too mild for Kim turning on Chelsea. I'm leaning to a Sabrina boot as the "unlikely betrayal". Even though we saw her mentioned as a target last time it still fits for me since up until the last episode the idea of turning on Sab was unlikely. Or at least I think the "casuals" would consider it that way.

Posted by Flowerpower on 05-04-12 at 10:57 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-12 AT 10:59 AM (EST)

I am inclined to agree with you at this point, OlliKat. The vidcaps lead me to think that there is nothing threatening Chelsea and Kim at this point. For Sabrina, it would be an unlikely betrayal, from her point of view, that could put her on the defensive.

a tribe member emerges from the background to join strategy talks and there’s an unlikely betrayal within an alliance

Regarding the tribe member that emerges from the background to join strategy talks has to be someone who has been in the background...Tarzan, Christina are the most likely candidates that could emerge from the background, imo.

Posted by dabo on 05-04-12 at 11:13 AM
Well, Sabrina knows Kat voted for her last time, so she should put it together that she was on the block. Kat wouldn't have voted that way otherwise, Kat was a team player. So, yes, Sabrina goes on the offensive. She knows Christina and Tarzan couldn't have rallied anything against her, and they could be useful to her here. So, who does she trust between Alicia, Chelsea and Kim? Alicia really can't be trusted, she should know that by now, but could she break up Chelsea and Kim? Maybe, but risky, hard to pull off. Interesting things to think about.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-04-12 at 11:53 AM
FloPo, I agree that Tarzan or Christina must be the one who "emerges from the background" in strategy talks. I'm leaning toward Tarzan because he's smarter/more strategic, plus we see him in the vidcaps saying to Chelsea and someone else (off camera) that he'd be the best F3.

Re the person who "concocts a story to gain an advantage in the game:" Just offhand, Alicia seems the type most likely to do something like that. But Tarzan is crazy enough too.

Re the betrayal: Lots of great ideas and spec to chew on. I especially like the idea of Chelsea letting it slip that Kim has the HII, putting Kim on the defensive. We've seen Chelsea make stupid slips like that before, so it would be in character. But I agree that the wording doesn't imply it amounts to anything.

Hoping we'll get the web promo soon so the pieces start to come together!