URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7876
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S24 SOTS: Episode 6: "Thanks For The Souvenir""

Posted by tribephyl on 03-20-12 at 05:02 AM
Welcome, one and all, to this week's attempt at compiling and presenting the best efforts at spoiling the outcomes of Ep.6, that our dearest Blowhemians have come up with.
Presented by me but with a majority of the housework and set up being done by YOU and for the good of all.
Lofty goals, indeed.
However, as hinted at above...
It's my week to do a SOTS and well...

I have a habit of straying from the normal format.
So in true tribe fashion, I present to you the very first 'Pick-Your-Own-Path' SOTS.

I will begin thusly...

Last time on... Survivor Episode 5!
The tribes swap, the Pantheon reigns, the Peasants are exiled and the evil Queens get together and wreak havoc.

Goodbye, Momica!
Oh and thanks for confirming the Fiji Flight 5.

Coming up on... Survivor Episode 6!
Christina is in big trouble.
Manono continues to do poorly.
Extreme pain threatens to derail one "Mystery Manono's" chances of staying in the game and a conspiratorial Tribal Council once again shakes things up, on SURVIVOR: ONE WORLD.

So, What to do next?
You Choose.
But first, these words from...

*Commercial break* Brought to you by:
1. Polonium: Christina
I've received clarification that even if someone is medevac'd next episode, Christina is still the next person voted out. I don't know whether that will be next episode or the week after...that depends on whether or not someone is actually medevad'c.
The potential medevac itself is something I have no information on.

2. JimEarly: Colton
*Has been saying Colton goes in Ep6 for weeks.

3. Tarzan's Privates: Colton
Mammie, I'm Comin' home!

Okay, that was quick and we're back, with those little earworms ringing through your heads lets get to the Episode 6 SOTS.

Titled "Thanks for the Souvenir" it will begin with some plain truths.

This episode promises a Repeat of History.
A survivor will have need for medical attention.
A conspiratorial tribal council will occur.
And
A Shocking Ending.

Keep your eyes open and make the choices you prefer.

Chapter 1: Don't Trust Anyone.

After the Tribal Council where Christina learns that Alicia has switched sides AND Colton has lied (as have Jonas and Leif), she returns to camp with the rest of Manono.
Probably keeping the pressure on to figure out WHY Monica was booted.

Alicia: Get this dog off me?!

After sleeping in a dirt spot, Christina wakes and the abuse continues.
Ultimately, Christina will be bullied into no longer asking questions about it as it's of no use. She is next.
That's that.

Undoubtedly Christina's next few days will be filled with further badgering, ignoring, bullying, reprimanding and being left out in the back yard.
Or as The Queen of Idiots would say;

"You can quit or you can jump in that fire, whichever is more convenient for you. Off with your head!"

Luckily for her, there is a lull in the abuse as the tribes receive TreeMail.

Choice #1:
Okay, before we get right to the first choice, I offer up a bit of history...

As history would have it Episode 6 has had it's fair-share of Med-Evacs and as fate would have it, Ep6 has also had even more double boots.
*Micronesia: Ep6 Jonathan Med-Evac'... AND Chet is Voted Out.

(Immediately) after the Reward challenge, Jeff announced that the Survivor medical team wanted to look at Jonathan's knee. The doctor recommended that he be evacuated and taken to the hospital for treatment as the knee had become seriously infected. Jonathan accepted the recommendation and left on day 15.
After the Immunity Challenge, Chet told his tribe to vote him out because he had given up and had an injured foot. Erik and Tracy tried to convince Chet to help vote out Ozzy, but the tribe honored Chet's request and he was voted out 5–2.

Separate challenges resulting in 1 med-evac and one bootee)

~~~~~~~~~~~

*Heroes VS Villains: Ep 6 Tyson and James Voted Out.

Both tribes were surprised when Jeff announced at the challenge that the castaways would be competing for Individual Immunity within the tribes, and that both tribes would be going to Tribal Council. Jeff explained that the winners of the first round from each tribe would be immune at Tribal Council and also square off against each other for reward.
At their Tribal Council, Russell presented the Hidden Immunity Idol to Jeff and but gave it to Parvati. When she played the idol, the four votes cast against her were negated, thus blindsiding Tyson with a vote of 3–2–0. Afterwards, the Villains enjoyed their reward at the Heroes' Tribal Council, where James castigated Colby for not performing as well in challenges like he used to in Australia. But ultimately, despite stating his desire to continue on the competition, the tribe ultimately agreed that James' knee injury and brutish demeanor were too obvious to ignore, and he was next to go with a vote of 5-1.

(Combined challenge resulting in double tribal council)

~~~~~~~~~~

Samoa: Ep6 Russell Swan Med-Evac'd. No one voted out.

At the Reward Challenge, Jeff announced that both tribes would be going to Tribal Council that night to vote somebody out of the game. (Double Tribal Council)
At tribal council, When the two tribes arrived at the site, he announced about Russell's condition, how he was removed from the game and what had happened to Russell after the two tribes had been sent back to their respective camps. Jeff made a final announcement that due to the unprecedented circumstances of the incomplete challenge; including how big of an impact that Russell had on the tribe, there would be no voting, and nobody (else) would be going home.

(Combined Challenge that results in 1 Med-Evac, No Bootee.)

Okay, so...

The treemail suggests a Reward Challenge...Go to Chapter 1A.

The treemail suggests only A Challenge...Go to Chapter 1B.

The treemail does not actually come at this time...Go to Chapter 1C.

Chapter 1A:
Woohoo, things are going quite normally!

So, the tribes arrive at the challenge site and have their fears assuaged as it appears it really is just a reward challenge.

The Dog does the best two legs can do, but Manono loses anyways.

The tribes go back to camp. Salani, with some locals to help them to prosper with local ingredients. Manono, with nothing but a dog to kick.

Back at camp...
Salani enjoy their guides help with lots of thanks and hugs and "oh wow! I can eat thats" are handed out, but overall droppping only vague hints at tribal dynamics.
Manono go about their camplife. Jonas and Leif fiddle with the shelter, Tarzan goes fishing, Colton lazes about and Alicia and Christina fight.

Sometime later, another treemail arrives...Go to Chapter 2.

Chapter 1B:
Upon arrival at the challenge the survivors fears are realized when JP explains that both tribes will be going to Tribal Council.
This segment of the challenge is for Reward and a chance to compete for individual immunity.
This challenge will require the tribes to run up a stack of tribe-colored crates, grab a coconut, toss said coconut trying to rebound it off a small netted-trampoline and into a series of 5 hexogonal targets.
I have done the liberty of some labeling throughout and sequencing at least one of Salani's successful tile breaks.
First tribe to break all 5 tiles will win Reward, then will play against each other for an immunity necklace.

Salani wins reward and a chance to win Individual Immunity (including a twist).
Go directly to Chapter 2C.

Chapter 1C:
Well, that was weird. I coulda swore there was a treemail.
Ah well, back to kicking the dog.
Wait!
What's that noise?
It sounds like a dying gorilla. Should we check it out?

Go to Chapter 3.

Chapter 2: Don't Get Comfortable

TreeMail arrives and the survivors are informed of an Immunity Challenge.

While the caps are blurry, from far away and added on to the beginning of a sequence meant to highlight the "reward challenge", it leads me to believe that this challenge will be run differently than your normal tribal challenge.
Differently enough that we viewers, even the casual, would recognize it if shown any caps from it.
And while we have NO further shots of an additional challenge other than blurry caps, it must either be that it is an extension of the first challenge, is an individual challenge or is just not played at all.

However, regardless of my feelings... the survivors arrive at the challenge site and JP describes the challenge.

So, your 2nd Choice is...

*JP says it's tribal immunity up for grabs...Go to Chapter 2A.
*JP says it's individual immunity up for grabs...Go to Chapter 2B.
*JP leads Salani on to the immunity phase of the combined challenge...2C.

Chapter:2A
Whew...This is looking exactly like a predictable Christina Boot Episode.
Salani, of course wins.
JP says that he'll see Manono at Tribal Council.
Christina tries to get Jonas and Leif on to her side for an Alicia boot.

Go to Chapter 3.

Chapter:2B
The tribes will compete 1 at a time against their own tribemates for 2 individual immunity necklaces.
Kim wins a necklace. So does Jonas.
Tribes are sent back to camp.
Of course, no one cares about Salani's inner workings, because on Manono, Colton has ANOTHER plan up his sleeve.

Go to Chapter 3.

Chapter:2C
Salani moves on from the reward portion of the challenge to the Individual Immunity portion of the challenge.
After Sabrina wins the necklace, JP tells her she must hand out another necklace to a member of Manono.
She picks Alicia. (Colton and Alicia squeal with delight.)
They head back to camp and stress over who to boot.

Stay at Salani camp and Go to Chapter 4.

Chapter 3: No One Saw Coming

Well, it's pre-tribal council time and with the results of the Immunity to ponder upon before leaving, there is still more drama to add to their lives.
And as if on cue...
Deep within the Lauhala tangled beachfront of the Manono camp site a thrusty bellow of howling pain comes echoing outwards.

Christina runs towards the screams and moans and discovers her tribemate laying down looking in bad shape.
Christina quickly assesses that Medical needs to know and also notices that... "It was much worse than I thought".
JP advises says he'll see them all in a bit at Tribal Council.

JP and Dr. Ramona Silans arrive.
(Sidenote: Dr. Ramona has been lead medical advisor for survivor since 2009. She has worked for MB since Pirate Master and earlier survivors as a medic.
I've looked at dozens of pictures of Dr Ramona on Survivor, as medic, as first responder and as second responder.
She used to have small braids, she never wore those down.
Since having her natural hair style, she tends to wear it down outside of 2 siuations.
As first responder, she arrives with emergency bag and hair down. Takes initial checks and balances and assess the situation the best she can. If the situation evolves into an evacuation, she will put her her up.
Meanwhile the 2nd responder team is already on their way.
If she is part of the 2nd responder team, she comes prepared for whatever, with her hair already up.)
Anyways, my thoughts being that the Med-Evac goes as so...

JP: Laying down over there.
Dr. Ramona: Allright, lead the way.
JP: So, <BLANK>, here is Dr. Ramona.
Dr. Ramona: Where's the pain? Uh-huh. I'm just gonna check your blood pressure. How long have you had this pain? Uh-Huh. Okay.
Well what we have here is an infection gone awry. At this point the area all around it is turning red, spreading the infection into the blood. Without medical intention it would result in sepsis and death.
JP: So what is it that <BLANK> needs to have done?
Dr. Ramona: <BLANK> will need some minor surgery, an antibiotic treatment and frankly some close monitoring to insure we stay on top of the fight with the infection.
JP: So what does this say about <BLANK>'s chances of staying in the game.
Dr. Ramona: It's not unkind to be blunt in these situations but <BLANK> could "at best" lose their leg or "at worst" lose their life. To stay out here is just well, It's too risky.
JP: Allright, I don't suggest you walk out of here. We'll just call for a stretcher. Bring it in!
Medic: Update?
Dr. Ramona: Okay, we have a complaint of serious pain and signs of a bad infection here, let's take blood pressure again.
Medic: The heart rate is actually up to 120.
JP: Oh boy. This is getting tense. We'll, have to go to commercial now.

Your 3rd Choice is...

<BLANK> is Leif... Go to Chapter 3A.
<BLANK> is Colton... Go to Chapter 3B.
<BLANK> is Tarzan... Go to Chapter 3C.
<BLANK> is Jonas... Go directly to the BoobyHatch.

Chapter 3A.
Leif falls out of a tree. No wait. Leif stumbles on some coral as he's looking for food. Perhaps twisting an ankle as well.
Infection could set in.
The stretcher does look rather short from this angle...

Go to Chapter 4.

Chapter 3B.
Colton trips on his purse, breaking a nail and throwing a tantrum.
With a tendency for the dramatics, Colton insists on having a ride for himself, upon a stretcher, out of the scene and with a souvenir.

Go to Chapter 4.

Chapter 3C.
Tarzan's leg wound finally gets it's air time (much like his personality did last episode) and the whole of him is medically evacuated from the game.

Go to Chapter 4.

Chapter 4: The Final Moments

Welcome to tribal council, survivors!

To keep all of you updated, we've had a medical evacuation.
But before we get to the actual voting let us decide the last bit of this story.

4th Choice

4A. Manono goes to tribal, learns that Tarzan is gone for good, but only after revealing tons of strategies and such do they find out that they will NOT be voting anyone else out. Surprise!
Go to Chapter 5A.

4B. Manono goes to tribal council, Tarzan is gone for good but Surprise, you STILL have to vote someone out. Mwahahaha...
Go to chapter 5B.

4C. Manono goes to the first tribal council and even after learning that Tarzan will not be in the game any longer and they can go back to camp, Colton notes that as a tribe they would rather repeat history by insisting they vote someone out instead of Salani.

Go to Chapter 5B.

4D. Manono goes to TC without Tarzan. Informed they still have to vote someone out Jonas, (perhaps with an individual immunity in his pocket) feels a shift coming on and takes Leif and Christina to get Colton booted out. (Alicia with a donated Immunity might be a factor.)
Go to Chapter 5C.

4E. Manono goes to TC, Colton rides in on a stretcher and banishes the dog.
Go to the beginning and start again.

4F. Salani goes to Tribal council where they vote out Michael, then they watch Manono boot Christina.
Go to Chapter 5D.

Chapter 5: A Shocking Ending

In conclusion, and at it's appropriate climax, the shocking ending must indeed be shocking.
Here are the last bits of shock to be had...

Chapter 5A:
Alicia and Colton pushed for a Christina boot only to be denied a vote at all. Not very shocking in and of itself, but some of the info leaked during that TC could be instrumental further down in the game.
End effect: 25% shocking only because of a Tarzan boot. I thought for sure Christina was a goner. Well, she will be next week, for sure.

Chapter 5B:
With or without Tarzan (but especially with), Christina is an easy and predictable boot.
End effect: From 10% to 70% shocking. The biggest surprise being that Manono insists on voting someone else out even though they just lost a tribemate to a med-evac. Though they technically would have to win immunity and give it away for it to truly fit the history repeating hype. In that case the only surprise would be is if somehow Tarzan came back for TC OR Leif was the actual Med-Evac.

Chapter 5C:
Taking advantage of the loss of Tarzan, Jonas and Leif give Christina just what she needs, the numbers. Whether Alicia is immune or not, she is not really due for a bootation. However, Colton being booted is not only extremely tantalizing, it's completely plausible.
The way Colton and Alicia openly berate Christina cannot go unnoticed. And with numbers to consider, Jonas and Leif could sway things from a four to a three sans drama.
End Effect: HoleySpicoli 90% High. Not just because Colton leaves, but that Colton somehow was too cocky to even see his demise was engineered solely by himself and his actions (or lack thereof). Souvenir indeed.

Chapter 5D:
What? A double boot where Salani actually loses a member? Color me totally and utterly 100% shocked. Regardless of what happens to whomever on Manono, this ending sucks. Honestly I should read this all again.

Okay, now that you've had some time to read your way through the first time, go back and make different choices until you acheive the best answer for you.

If your interested, here's how my story went...

Treemail announces A Challenge.
Salani is told to Bring your Immunity Idol.
JP announces a double boot.
The survivors play as tribes for reward and a chance at individual immunity.
2nd portion of challenge is inserted but not focused on because it only involves 1 tribe.
Following the theme of giving away an idol not belonging to you, a 2nd necklace is revealed and the winner of the original necklace donates it to a member of the losing tribe.
Alicia is donated an immunity necklace and along with Colton's cockiness the two of them make it miserable for Christina.
In between fighting with Alicia, Christina is starting to make some headway with Jonas and Leif.
Time to head to council... But Tarzan falls down and breaks his crown.
At TC, JP informs them that Tarzan will NOT be coming back and that Manono is therefore excluded from having to vote anyone out.
But wait a minute!
Colton is NOT finished. And insisting that the tribe agree to once again, give the advantage to Salani by sending themselves to the Voting Booth, Colton makes his stand.
Shocking indeed, but even after his confidence seems to know no bounds, Christina receives 2 votes and Colton receives 3.
With his torch snuffed, Colton leaves with a really cool souvenir in his pocket and a ginormous chip on his shoulder. (All the better for Season 26)

One warning though, I climb out on limbs all of the time. While this SOTS certainly does not contain any of the regular features (and to those who rely on them, I apologize) it is still a SOTS. A weird little SOTS. and it's mine.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S24 SOTS: Episode 6: "Thanks For The Souvenir""
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-20-12 at 06:27 AM
tribe,
I would not have thought it possible for a SOTS to perfectly capture all the mind trails my brain has crawled this week, but you've got the experience down perfectly.

Oh, and I am uncommitted ... I may weave back and forth some more.

Posted by tribephyl on 03-20-12 at 07:49 PM
OMG. We DO have the same brain!

Funny thing, is that I intended on getting this out in time for dinner yesterday (east coast dinnertime), but a small family emergency suddenly arose. My initial thought was... hmmm...same thing that happens to OFG. Thank goodness it was a small emergency.

But really, how many emergencies can happen in your life?

You really should do one of these SOTS, OFG.
Regardless of how you think it will be interpreted, there is someone out there who sees things just in the manner you do. Whenever it gets posted.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-20-12 at 08:51 PM
That is sweet of you tribe, I think!
ah, you have felt the Survivor-related emergency strike ... glad it was small.

My life is too hectic right now. What you see here is a case of my posting like crazy because I can't deal with the IRL deadlines where I have writer's block, big scary deadlines.

The last thing I need to do is take on another deadline; I would implode. Spoiling is different because I can do it or not and no one cares.
The only SOTS I ever did got posted about one hour before the show! I'm pretty sure it was not helpful ... luckily, it was also wrong (wrong bootee).

Great SOTS!

"Fabulous"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-20-12 at 07:04 AM
Here, here! I totally agree. I have driven down the multitudes of trails myself this week and there are still a few choices left to ponder. A perfect SOTS! You really are the master at photochopping, I loved the QUEEN! And, her little dog too! As always, Sir Tribe, you are indeed a breath of fresh air around here. I <3 you! Thanks so much!

Posted by SOAR64 on 03-20-12 at 07:57 AM
WOW! Being new to this board, I now see what I'v been missing out on.

"Thank you."
Posted by tribephyl on 03-20-12 at 09:47 PM
Your contributions have not gone unnoticed.
Welcome to Blows.

Posted by beaglemaster on 03-20-12 at 08:53 AM
Great work. I only thought I was confused before, now I'm sure I am.

I am really enjoying trying to figure this season out, light on spoilers, heavy on clues(if you can spot 'em). I was feeling all full of myself after I had figured out the looser's had to move off the beach last week and had been right about it, that I was looking to repeat this week and figure something big out. This week I got nut'n. The only thing I got to go with my big head was a big headache.

Logic tells me that the med evac is Tarzan but, I just don't know for sure. And even if it is him, is it before TC, after TC, maybe between TC's ...if there even is a TC with a vote or not?

So here's my prediction
One or more cast members will not be back for ep7.
It's all I got. XP

Posted by CTgirl on 03-20-12 at 09:09 AM
Tribe, you never fail to disappoint. This SOTS is epic and captures the week in spoiling perfectly and with the added addition of LMAO Queen Colton!

My mind is still going down a few of those trails too. At the beginning of the week Christina seemed the obvious boot but with all the different promos we've seen, I think something hinky will be going down! Thanks for laying it all out there!

Posted by byoffer on 03-20-12 at 10:40 AM
Tribe, you never fail to disappoint.

Geez, I am not sure if I should report CTgirl to the mods for bashing Tribe or not!

Would Tarzan call that a "malapropism"? Probably, but then instead of banning CTgirl he would get confused and Dear Abby and her pink bikini would get banned.

Tribe, I am pretty sure she meant that you never fail and you never disappoint. Great job on the hilarious and accurate SOTS. You really have a warped and nepharious mind, don't you?

Posted by CTgirl on 03-20-12 at 11:38 AM
LOL! See, this week has me so confused that I can't even make sense on my own!

Sorry Tribe. You know that I mean you never fail to AMAZE me! Blame it on the excitement of a Tribe SOTS read before my morning intake of caffeine!

"double negative...as I see it."
Posted by tribephyl on 03-20-12 at 06:59 PM
in a sense, fail and disappoint cancel each other out. Therefore, I accept your flattery.

You like me?

"RE: double negative...as I see it."
Posted by CTgirl on 03-20-12 at 10:00 PM
You like me, you really like me!

Posted by tullfan on 03-20-12 at 10:10 AM
tribephyl,

Great SOTS which perfectly captures all the confusion.

"Thank the SOTS"
Posted by suzzee on 03-20-12 at 10:19 AM
So you're going to make me choose are you?

1st Choosing: #3 no more twig & berry photo ops

2nd Choosing Chapter 1A: Nothing is more normal then Survivor One Idea

3rd Choosing Chapter 2A : Much food for thought, since Jiffy is phoning this season in he may opt for routine immunity. (absolutely adore Colton's new look)

4th Choosing Chapter 3C : Not Colton, he'd insist on being carried out like this:

5th Choosing Chapter 4B : A boot and a half. Shocking! Jiffy's been so traumatized by One Universe that he's calling Russhole for tips and giggles.

6th Choosing Chapter 5B: Christina has been a whiny little boo-hoo and she didn't even do the laundry for Coach. what? Be gone, off with her head.

Your SOTS are as much fun as your games. Well done my friend.

A Tribe masterpiece

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-20-12 at 12:20 PM
Great job with the SOTS, Tribe! It just needed one more small thing - KKKolton doing the Queen Elizabeth wave while wearing a white glove when he leaves the game in either Chapter 3B or 5C.

You certainly helped make sense of a very difficult week for the SOTS, perhaps the most difficult week to figure out in quite a few years. Thanks for putting this together!

Posted by Arnold_Lorax on 03-20-12 at 10:26 PM
Well written, confusing but sums it up. Accept I didnt see a scenerio where Colton gets med-e-vaced which is possible. If he has a high fever than he can have a high heart rate. Appenicitis can cause pain, vomiting, fever and high heart rate, can't it?

I think someone mentioned him as a person who might get taken out on the stretcher. Plus so did others at the end of the vidcaps section.

Plus why would he be missing from the treemail?

Posted by frankz on 03-20-12 at 10:50 PM
This is excellent. You have literally (and I use that term figuratively) recapped every theory in every thresd this week.

Outstanding job.

Wheelie by RollDdice
I've tried nothin' and I'm all out of ideas!

Posted by Karchita on 03-20-12 at 11:51 PM
A weird little SOTS and it's mine wonderful.

Fixed that for ya!

Thank you!

Thanks snidget & tribe!

Posted by Round Robin on 03-21-12 at 00:57 AM
Hell of a good SOTS. I have NO idea what's gonna happen.