URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7874
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Tarzan slips up?"

Posted by tullfan on 03-17-12 at 10:03 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/tarzanstwins

Tarzan sent a tweet to Colton asking him if a photo of Al Jolson in blackface is going to be his SurvivorSucks boot icon for next week. LOL.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Tarzan slips up?"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-17-12 at 11:05 AM
An hour before Tarzan tweeted, Colton tweeted:

Lol @ people bitching about their "boot icon" on Survivor Sucks.. #whatthoselosersthinkdoesntmatter

So I think that started the exchange.

and just before that, Russell taunted Colton and he retaunted:

Russell Hantz ‏ @russellhantz @ColtonCumbie
just be happy I hasn't out there with you !! I would have gave bitch slapped a new name !!!!

Colton Cumbie ‏ @ColtonCumbie @russellhantz
Please, you'd fall in line just like the rest of 'em...

Tarzan is not even tweeting, his genitals are ... according to his tweets.
Very strange. Little Tarzan and the Jungle Twins in the Banana Sling. Seriously.

Posted by tribephyl on 03-17-12 at 07:13 PM
That's where I got a little lost.
Is Tarzan saying that's HIS boot-avatar...
OR
Is he suggesting it's what Colton's boot-avatar should be?

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-17-12 at 07:40 PM
Like OFG, I don't think this is Tarzan himself, but someone else posting as Tarzan's dangling participles.

Having said that, the twitter is saying it's about Colton's boot avatar:

Tarzan ‏ @TarzansTwins

@TheGameSurvivor @ColtonCumbie Will this be your #SurvivorSucks boot avatar next week? #AHHHAYUHHAYUHHH http://pic.twitter.com/1MvNTtIC

Posted by jasonkola on 03-17-12 at 07:50 PM
Interesting, so they are implying that Colton goes next week. I wander if this could be fake? Someone trying to throw us off.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-17-12 at 07:57 PM
I didn't say so in my post above, but I'm not sure if this is something worth wasting our time on - it has the feel of a joshing around between some idiot pretending to be Tarzan and another idiot in Colton.

Posted by dabo on 03-17-12 at 08:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-12 AT 08:50 PM (EST)

Jolson in blackface, singing for his mommy, how cute. It's a way of calling him a mama's boy.

The Tarzan Twins and Tarzan and the Tarzan Twins with Jad-bal-ja the Golden Lion were the only two juvenile books ERB wrote. The twins refer to Dick and Doc, who are cousins born on the same day, their mothers were twins, and Dick is also a relative of Tarzan.

Nothing to do with spoiling. But only a serious ERB fan would be interested enough in those stories to even know they exist.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-17-12 at 10:42 PM
Agreed! I think I have read every book or novella that ERB ever wrote that has been published -- other than these two juvenile books. I probably would have read them too, but I don't think they were in print at the time I was actively hunting for everything ERB (think the 60's, I started reading them when Ace and Ballantine did the first paperback editions, and bought them immediately as they were released ... kind of like I did with Beatle albums. )

Back to spoiling, Sucksters who have been following the twitters say it is not the real Tarzan doing the tweets, and that Troyzan recently stated Tarzan is not on Twitter. Glad to hear it, this guy really has his head in the banana sling.

Posted by dabo on 03-17-12 at 11:07 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-12 AT 11:19 PM (EST)

Canaveral published those two in one volume, Tarzan and the Tarzan Twins, in 1963, in hardback. Reissued in 1974/75 by Canaveral, hardback. They weren't available in paperback until recently.

http://www.amazon.com/Tarzan-Twins-Edgar-Rice-Burroughs/dp/1440444102/ref=sr_1_1_title_0_main?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1332039576&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Tarzan-Twins-Jad-bal-ja-Golden-Lion/dp/1742444857/ref=sr_1_2_title_0_main?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1332039576&sr=1-2

Glad to hear it isn't Greg twittering.

ETA another link

http://www.erbvillepress.com/

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-18-12 at 01:17 AM
Thanks Dabo!
I started on the ERB series when I was 11, so I probably wouldn't have liked reading books that were "easy" for younger readers.

So you're saying that the person tweeting has some esoteric Tarzan literature knowledge ... that would be appropriate for Greg, obviously very well read, considers his alter ego to be Scaramouche. Troy on the other hand seems to call himself that only because he lives on jungle land with monkey friends. No hint he knows much about the real Tarzan story.

The Tarzan Twins twitter account only goes back about a week, at least there were no tweets prior to that.

Posted by dabo on 03-18-12 at 02:33 AM
What I am saying is there was an ERB revival in publishing during the '60s and '70s, which both of us were a part. Greg "Tarzan" is the right age to have been similarly influenced.

Despite the revival of interest during that period, some of ERB's published works never made it to mass market, they remained obscure. The Tarzan Twins novellas, "The Man-Eater," "The Resurrection of Jimber-Jaw," and some other material never made it to mass market during that period.

Only someone very influenced by ERB to research things would know of those obscurities, the Twins stories are not generally considered canonical by many though they came from ERB himself.

So, basically, the twins inclusion gave me reason to consider it had credence. On the other hand, of course, some idiot could easily have come up with it independantly, in which case I do not care to consider why.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-18-12 at 08:21 AM
right, I get what you're saying. A regular suckster type doing a prank wouldn't have come up with it, but Greg would. You are on to something.

Of course he could still be giving Colton a hard time just to do it.
And what is next week? Is it this week or the next week after?

"christina cha responds to fan..."
Posted by tribephyl on 03-17-12 at 07:48 PM
From @jayekirb:
To @Christina_Cha i refuse to watch next weeks episode if you leave!!

To: @jayekirb NO! You have to watch next week! Don't ever stop watching #SurvivorOneWorld. I promise it gets good! Crazy twist. Promise!

From @jayekirb:
To: @Christina_Cha hahahaha ok ok ok I'll watch but only if you say to me 'because you're wrong ok, so shut up!' ;)

To @jayekirb: LOL OK! "BECAUSE YOU'RE WRONG OK, SO SHUT UP!" xo

Not that she is allowed to say, one way or another, but... interesting, considering all the other tweets regarding "next week".

"RE: christina cha responds to fan..."
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-17-12 at 08:01 PM
The point I was making above is that COLTON started the conversation about boot avatars as part of a longer conversation where he disparages Sucksters. Tarzan (if it is he) then came off with a snarky suggestion to Colton.

I don't make anything of the tweets. The contestants are under strict instructions to watch their social media use and not spoil their placement. Matt was extremely enthusiastic about the show, and prior to his boot he was quite revved up and upbeat.

Of course they want people to see their boot episode, which is probably the most face time they get in the season (for pre-merge folks).

Posted by tullfan on 03-17-12 at 08:13 PM
Whether it is true or not, Jim Early (thegamesurvivor) has been tweeting for 2 weeks that Colton is booted in episode 6. I generally take what Early says with a grain of salt but the title of the episode does make me wonder if it might be true.

Generally, contestants that have a good depth to their edit (so far this season, Colton is the main character) last a long time. So if Colton does leave in episode 6, it would be a big surprise.

Posted by jasonkola on 03-17-12 at 08:31 PM
As much as I would love to see Colton blindsided I also do not see him going this early. After Christine is gone then his alliance may turn on him. I have been thinking for some time now he would most likely be booted post merge if at all as he will be seen as a goat. But I really see the NuSalani not wanting Colton to be running things post merge and voting him out.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-17-12 at 08:43 PM
Jeff did say that Colton was this season's villain. Ep 6 is a short run.

Early was also sure that Boston Rob got the boot at F5 or F4. The problem with relying on the gossip going around in the circle of previous players, is that it's very easy for the producers to introduce rumors into the mix, which the current cast is not allowed to confirm or deny.

I just don't want to get caught up in what I feel is wishful thinking. People don't like Colton, so they want him to get booted. If the tweets were saying some lesser character goes, I would be less suspicious.

If Colton does go, it's not going to upset me that I was wrong. I guess I would rather that than get all caught up in anticipation of a Colton blindside and have it turn out to be the predictable boot.

Posted by tullfan on 03-18-12 at 09:52 AM
This week is really weird though. There is an unusual confluence of hints that Colton is eliminated after this episode.

1. The episode title:
"Thanks For the Souvenir" - could likely refer to the HII after Colton is blindsided.

2. The inconsistency of the promos with the press release.
The promos hype "shocking final moments that no one expected" and show scenes from the medevac. Yet, we know from the Ep. 6 press release that there is a Tribal Council. In S19, S20, S21 double Tribal Councils were planned for episode 6. They could have planned a double tribal council for this season but I'm not feeling a Salani tribal council in the middle of the episode. They could have planned 2 short cycles which results in Manono booting someone in the middle of the episode and the medevac happening on Manono at the end of the episode. At this point though we only have video evidence of one challenge. At this point I'm leaning toward the promo being misdirection and the shocking final moments being Colton voted out.

"There are 2 challenges"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-19-12 at 08:11 AM

At this point though we only have video evidence of one challenge.

No, I think that this picture from the first preview promo confirms that there are two challenges. Thanks VG!

"RE: There are 2 challenges"
Posted by Sheldor on 03-20-12 at 04:06 AM
FP wrote: No, I think that this picture from the first preview promo confirms that there are two challenges. Thanks VG!

The Press Release photos last week incorrectly labeled the Reward Challenge "Ladder Tree Golf" instead of "Dear Liza". I was wondering if this picture could be the "Ladder Tree Golf" challenge?

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-18-12 at 09:31 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-12 AT 09:31 AM (EST)

In response to Tribe's post regarding the tweets between Christina...someone says they can't watch if she will be leaving and she tweets back, you have to, it gets good with a crazy twist...then she says, you are wrong, so shut up....

Sure sounds like she does NOT go this week, imo.

What does anyone make of this? The crazy twist could be Tarzan going out in a med-evac and no boot, perhaps, or is the crazy twist relating to fickle Colton changing his target once again, OR is the twist finally someone coming to his senses and going with Christine to blindside Colton?

I think there is some spec to be made regarding this tweet...

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 05:08 AM
I read it that the fan said he wouldn't watch
she said you have to watch
he said only if you say "these words"
She said, OK and said "these words" so now he has to watch
She said nothing about whether she was telling the truth when she said them.

Whether or not she gets booted out, hard to believe a media savvy person like Christina Cha would allow herself to give a fan a straight answer on whether this is her boot week. CBS watches the Twitter accounts. It would be very stupid of her.

"Christina's Tweet"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-20-12 at 07:24 AM
Ever since Tribe posted her tweet, it sounds like she is letting it slip....to me.

To: @jayekirb NO! You have to watch next week! Don't ever stop watching #SurvivorOneWorld. I promise it gets good! Crazy twist. Promise!

She told us, you have to watch because basically what you think will happen, my demise, won't.

So, the next question is, will someone else go via TC vote, or will they all be spared after the med-evac? I might add, if someone else is voted out at TC, it's not going to be Christina this week.

Posted by Polonium on 03-18-12 at 11:22 AM
That's not Tarzan.

It's just some Rob Has A Podcast listener.

Seriously...use brains, people.

Posted by dabo on 03-18-12 at 01:35 PM
Welcome aboard!

Posted by jasonkola on 03-19-12 at 11:38 PM
In light of the new evidence pointing toward Colton either being medvaced or voted off next episode I believe this Tarzan is either real or is someone with inside info.

Posted by dabo on 03-20-12 at 00:46 AM
Well, if Colton is a medical evacuation for "extreme pain" we may just want to be ready to point and laugh at what constitutes "extreme pain." Gosh, Tarzan gets a bad shin scrape, toughs it out without a whimper for over a week, but Colton stubs his toe in a challenge and oh my gosh stop the world this is so horrible, I mean (Colton), "Uu, can we get a plastic surgeon in here to fix my toenail, it's bent! Uu! Head of the snake."