URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7873
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S24 E6 Vidcaps"

Posted by VolcanicGlass on 03-15-12 at 00:02 AM
Discussion of Episode 6 Vidcaps.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Preview Vidcaps"
Posted by VolcanicGlass on 03-15-12 at 00:04 AM
video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg4FVVXXqr8

transcript

Probst VO: Next time, on Survivor.
Alicia: "Run back!"
Jonas: "Run, run, run, run, run, run, run."
Colton: (in anger) "Run!"
Probst VO: Colton's rage takes aim.
Colton: "You can quit or you can jump in that fire, whichever is more convenient for you."
Probst VO: And the game claims another victim.
Female medical person: "Heart rate is actually up to 120."
Christina: (confessional) "I am freaking out. This is worse than what I really thought it was."
Probst: (in game) "Let's bring it in."

"RE: Preview Vidcaps"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-15-12 at 03:53 AM
They make it look like Christine could get injured, but I see her running into the jungle -- could she hear a cry for help? Then afterwards she has a confessional; I doubt she is the person Jeff is looking down on with such concern.

They could be tricking us, but it looks like Manono is where something happens -- to Tarzan, Leif, or Jonas?

The previews are screaming Christine boot, and I think it is that obvious.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-15-12 at 07:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-12 AT 07:56 PM (EST)

Doing a little rabble-rousing as usual, but here goes...

I believe that Tarzan is the most likely medievac from the extra amount of time he got on screen last episode and especially at TC ... *but* what if these vidcaps are related?

Christina is wearing the same clothes in these shots - one from when she is presumably running for help and two from night time. Could Alicia be the one in distress? She is shown in a fetal position in the night shots and Christina could be tending to her while KKKolton looks on in semi-concern, then as things progresses worse, Christina runs to get help in the morning to bring in the medical team. Kind of like what happened with Bruce in Exile Island - he was curled up in a fetal position (history repeating itself) for a lengthy period of time before finally getting medical to come in.

Posted by jasonkola on 03-15-12 at 08:07 PM
I had actually considered this. But I doubt Christina would have to run for help as The camera crew is always available and could most likely call in any problem. But I do agree Alicia could be a possible medvac.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-15-12 at 08:25 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-12 AT 08:29 PM (EST)

For all we know, it could be a run-out to meet the medical team coming in as she could hear them rumbling through the woods and she wanted to guide them to the shelter more quickly.

Note that Jiffy is already there at the shelter when the medical team carrying the stretcher is arriving - they might not be as familiar with the exact location of the shelter so Christina ran out to guide them.

Possibly a reach, but keeping all options open until the next set of vidcaps come in...

Posted by tribephyl on 03-15-12 at 10:24 PM
The dialogue from this scene is...
Christina: "Scoot over a little bit ..."
Alicia: "Don't ever put your hands on me, cause I'll whack you."

Not to refute an Alicia medevac, but this scene suggests that Christine is merely attempting to fit into the shelter and Alicia is not complying, not that Alicia is sick and in a fetal position while Christine is consoling her. (Of which I doubt would EVER happen).

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-20-12 at 00:50 AM
We now have press photos of them working to possibly enlarge the shelter on Day 2 ... perhaps this tension over sleeping space inspired the renovations.

"E6 Structures"
Posted by VolcanicGlass on 03-15-12 at 00:07 AM
The first one is a tad blurry, but at least we can see there are two different areas.

"RE: E6 Structures"
Posted by jasonkola on 03-15-12 at 00:28 AM
Well that last challenge looks like it is just bouncing coconuts off the trampoline to hit those targets. This is a challenge that dose not benefit the more dominant tribe. Plus it looks like another medvac. I wander who it is.

Posted by Blind Freddy on 03-15-12 at 01:11 AM
Thanks VG for bringing those over...much appreciated.
And I like the enlargement...nicely done!

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-15-12 at 07:17 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-12 AT 08:30 AM (EST)

Great vidcaps and blowups, VG! Much appreciated! I couldn't tell what the challenge really was until the blow up.

Here is the entire course...

You can clearly see in the picture above where the tribe mats are, most likely where they must start. Then you can see the sit out bench, and you can see Jiffy's platform. You can also see that there is a large structure that must be climbed. Once to the top, there is a container of coconuts....

You can see that the participants must climb the structure and start chucking coconuts at the trampolines that are set up, to land the coconuts into the pen. Most likely the tribe that collects the most coconuts in the pen will win. Or, do you think that they will have to do something else from the pen? I don't know.

If you look closely there is a circle of color in each pen. If the coconuts land there, extra points? So, in the end, it's the number of coconuts that are in the colored area?

Regarding my thoughts on the medics. To me, it appears that Christina finds the ailing survivor. It has got to be Gregzan. She runs to get help....Jiffy arrives with the medics. If his HR is 120 and he's been down for a while, that's not good. His heart rate could indeed by up from dehydration, or perhaps he has some underlying pathology of his heart.

If it is an unknown pathology of his heart, he is so out of there....med-evaced and out for good. If it's dehydration, might they give him some fluids either by mouth or by IV and return him? Food for thought....Or, if he goes out, is he out for good. Seems that I recall them removing and rehydrating someone before and returning him?

ETA: If we have a med-evac this episode, will we have a boot as well? Colton is quickly becoming WAYYYY to arrogant and talk about bully's! Yes, he is going very soon, but could it be this episode. Last episode Jonas made a very astute confessional...so it's like Colton is running the show with both girls and guys, but it would be ridiculous for me not to think that he's aligning with the women right now....

While it looks like Christina is certainly the next to go, the easy choice...it sure would be the perfect time to blindside him. FWIW.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-15-12 at 07:29 AM
Gratitude to VG!
FloPo, thanks for demystifying what they do ... that sounds right.
I am so bad at figuring out what it's about.

I agree, it will be Greg and Christina is running in her red blouse and her gray skirt either to get help or towards the sound.

Yes, people have been rehydrated and removed, and stayed before. In Africa, Lindsay, and Lex (not shown), Boston Rob in HvV early on, remember he passed out as well, but only had the flu, not a medical condition.

Christina says it is more serious than she thought.
Remember Bruce in PEI, he had some heart irregularity and they pulled him, and in general with older contestants they do: Papa Bear, Mike Borassi ...

I wonder also if he has had an infection, with that leg wrapped up, has he taken the wrap off? I forgot to notice.

I think he will be out because the TC tonight was like a swan song for him. He got a big focus, a disproportionate amount of time, a focus on his weakness too. So that was his goodbye, I think.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-15-12 at 08:40 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-12 AT 08:41 AM (EST)

Boston Rob in HvV early on, remember he passed out as well, but only had the flu, not a medical condition.

Boston Rob, however, was never removed from the game as I recall, though. They treated him on the spot...finally, Jiffy got him up and I think he walked back to camp on his own.

Bruce had what they thought was some kind of bowel obstruction....also could be just from dehydration....bowel impaction. He was indeed removed for good.

Any infection that has gotten to the point of raising his heart rate to 120, after he's been laying down for a while is very serious....more likely the increased HR is from dehydration. (Not to say that he doesn't have an infection of some kind as well)

Good spec, OFG, regarding the clue that he indeed could be removed as he did indeed receive a nice focus at TC which could have been his goodbye. Especially if he were removed early in the episode, it would make sense. We need to keep our eyes open for 2 people possibly sitting out for Salani....it would clue us in as to when the med-evac occurs.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-15-12 at 09:01 AM
>>> We need to keep our eyes open for 2 people possibly sitting out for Salani....it would clue us in as to when the med-evac occurs.

ooh, I hope they let us see that!

Rob did get up, but he may well have afterwards been taken and rehydrated, which we were not shown. Lex was even in the hospital (but that was not shown) and returned. They prefer not to show us things like that. Lindsay in S3 collapsed from dehydration and was shown treated on the spot, but in later interviews she said she was taken to the hospital and rehydrated and then returned.

The contract says that if they miss a challenge they are out of the game, not that they can't leave and get treated, if they are lucky enough to be able to get treated within the right time parameters.

Bruce had the obstruction, yes, but they could have possibly relieved that, but then the medic said his heart rate was too irregular and he could have a heart attack. That's when they pulled him. I forget now, but he may have had a pre-existing heart issue.

Re the infection suggestion, I didn't mean to suggest that was why is heart rate was 120 (and as you know, I am not a nurse)! I more meant that he may have something going on that they visually discover that could be concerning them, but I am only even spec'ing that because of the earlier comments that he had wrapped his leg.

Someone close to me just recovered from one of those lovely infections (here in Hawai'i), and it came from a tiny little prick in the ankle ... two and a half weeks in a medically induced coma trying to get it to respond. He was told after his chances of surviving were only 20%. It amazes me they don't have more problems on Survivor ... they get scraped and go in the ocean, and mud, ... all the things not to do.

Whatever it is, Jeff looks concerned, and I think it will result in someone (probably Tarzan) going, and they will not need to have a double boot this season. I kind of expected one in Ep 6.

We now know that the first five boots did fly out to Fiji, and Nina was there. If the 6th is a med-evac, that explains why not on the plane. That could mean the rest of the group is jury, even if they don't merge yet.

Posted by VolcanicGlass on 03-16-12 at 03:12 PM
>We need to keep our
>eyes open for 2 people
>possibly sitting out for Salani....it
>would clue us in as
>to when the med-evac occurs.

Posted by tribephyl on 03-16-12 at 03:28 PM
excellent! Thanks VG. (any more challenge shots?)

Jay vs. Colton
Sabrina is sitting out.
And I swear I see Greg/Tarzan's shirt on the far right, ready to go next for Manono.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-16-12 at 04:30 PM
That's Alicia you see there... but yes, Tarzan is there on the mat (see below).

"Coconut challenge"
Posted by byoffer on 03-15-12 at 08:45 AM
It seems clear to me that they have to scale the stairs to bounce a coconut off the trampoline to hit targets.

I think that it is just the first team to puncture/break their 5 targets. It could be about points, with different tagets giving different points, and maybe a time limit? But I don't see anything marking the tragets with different point values. Also the targets seems to have covers - more consistent with puncture than collection, IMO.

We see Christina running in this challenge, so obviously speed is important. That, and the need to climb stairs each time before taking a shot and the advantage - maybe small - has to go to the Greek Gods tribe.

"RE: Coconut challenge"
Posted by beaglemaster on 03-15-12 at 09:26 AM
>It seems clear to me that
>they have to scale the
>stairs to bounce a coconut
>off the trampoline to hit
>targets.

>We see Christina running in this
>challenge, so obviously speed is
>important. That, and the
>need to climb stairs each
>time before taking a shot

And then climb down run back to the mat before the next one goes.

OK, I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is the RC. In IC's There is always a stand of some sort for the II and I don't see any in the caps. There is a raised platform for Jeff but no post or table on the platform for the II.

"RE: Coconut challenge"
Posted by byoffer on 03-15-12 at 10:08 AM
There is also no table with reward. So maybe the reward is a tribal getaway, like trip to exotic waterfalls to frolic in the sparkling fresh water.

(Kim and Chelsea, frolicing in their bikinis, the cameramen will have fun with that!)

"RE: Medical team"
Posted by beaglemaster on 03-15-12 at 10:31 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-12 AT 10:32 AM (EST)

I noted several episodes ago that Greg had something going on with his left leg and he had it bandaged. Last epi he showed up at RC with one pant leg covering his left leg. Through out the episode he kept it covered most of the time. I'm assuming it has gotten seriously infected and he probably is quite ill because of it.

However in this cap from ep4 it doesn't look bad at all, but it may be further down the leg then is shown.

Posted by Karchita on 03-16-12 at 02:38 AM
That's a great observation, but if the problem that led to a medivac was developing in last week's episode, wouldn't they have let the viewers know about it?

Thanks snidget & tribe!

Posted by beaglemaster on 03-16-12 at 08:06 AM
I was thinking the same thing myself but...
We've all seen editing leaving out details early on just so they could hype the drama later in a "Shocking new episode you just don't want to miss!" I tend to lean towards this simply because they have said absolutely nothing, nada, ziltch about his leg up to this point. It is obviously an ongoing problem that has surly effected his ability to compete in challenges yet they have chose to keep it under the radar. The first sign of it was in ep2 when he did his native dance around the camp fire. So they have had 4 full episodes to have him, or someone else, comment on it and wev'e had nothing. We found out about Dawn's broken a tooth last season, something that had no impact on her longevity in the game, yet not a single note about Tarzan's leg? Too convenient for my liking. It seems to me that they have neglected it just so the medical drama can be a "BIG SHOCKING DEVELOPMENT".

Posted by Karchita on 03-16-12 at 06:17 PM
Well, it's certainly a possibility. They've sprung a lot of stuff on us that way.

Thanks snidget & tribe!

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-16-12 at 07:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-12 AT 07:48 PM (EST)

For example Joe's knee in Tocantins. He said he had been watching it get worse, but the first we heard of it was at the challenge, and right after he was out of the game, boom.

Ditto with James' Clement's finger in Micronesia. Out of the blue, he is gone.

Re a progressing infection, having had to learn about such things all too much living here in the tropics:

Either the infection stays limited to the surrounding tissues, or it becomes cellulitis (gets into the lymphatic system, which can also be localized), or it passes into the blood stream and you become septic.

At the point it goes into the bloodstream, there is no longer any question of not taking aggressive action, and it does not go on in "wait and see" mode for days. It can put a person near death or kill them within 24 hours, even when they are in the hospital on IV antibiotics.

With other infections, the medics have pulled people at the point where it seems likely it will imminently enter the blood. They have never allowed it to go that far without telling the player to go to the hospital. There really is no time to waste in those cases. Of course, if the player doesn't allow Jeff and the medics to know about the problem, it may be caught quite late.

Sepsis systems from WebMD:
Sepsis Symptoms

"Because sepsis can begin in different parts of the body, it can have many different symptoms. Rapid breathing and a change in mental status, such as reduced alertness or confusion, may be the first signs that sepsis is starting. Other common symptoms include:

fever and shaking chills or, alternatively, a very low body temperature
decreased urination
rapid pulse
rapid breathing
nausea and vomiting
diarrhea"

I do not personally know of anyone who developed sepsis, who lived, who did not have to spend significant recovery time in the hospital. If Greg has this, I think he must be out of the game. But, we don't know what he has. He might simply injure himself or be dehydrated or some other thing. Or it might not even be Greg, although I think it is.

Posted by Karchita on 03-21-12 at 00:26 AM
I've said it before but I'll say it again:

camping + infection + tropics = big trouble

I have lived in Hawaii and I agree completely that something that seemed under control could rapidly get out of control, especially given where and how they are living. Still, for the sake of having things make sense for the viewers, some foreshadowing of Tarzan's medivac, if that is what happens, would be helpful. They don't always give us that courtesy, however.

Thanks snidget & tribe!

Posted by dabo on 03-21-12 at 02:04 AM
They don't always give us that courtesy, however.

It depends on the nature of it, the circumstances. So you are onto something. In confessionals they are asked any number of things, and contractually they are obligated to reply honestly. So, why no word from Tarzan about his shin injury? He was surely asked to talk about it, but all that was left on the cutting room floor. Despite the visual cues!

An injury occuring within a one-episode cycle, a Skupin, it would be impossible to work into the story except in the confines of that particular episode.

In all these years manning vote threads, one thing I have learned, they always somehow manage to telegraph via promos both double boots and medical evacuations. Always! The Kourtney medical evacuation in this season's first episode, injury during IC, is the one exception to the rule.

"Full Promo Vidcaps"
Posted by VolcanicGlass on 03-15-12 at 04:55 PM
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uswXFCsvPM

VO: Survivor Wednesday.
Colton: "You can quit or you can jump in that fire, whichever is more convenient for you."
VO: Don't get comfortable.
Christina: "Scoot over a little bit ..."
Alicia: (speaking over Christina) "Don't ever put your hands on me, cause I'll whack you."
VO: Don't trust anyone.
Christina: It's either me or her.
Alicia: "You're digging yourself in a bigger grave."
Christina: "You had an alliance with the girls..."
Alicia: "All you ever talk is lies."
VO: And don't miss...
Female medical person: "The heart rate is actually up to 120."
Dr. Ramona: "It's too risky."
VO: ... the shocking final moments.
Probst: "All right. We got a stretcher coming in, okay?"
VO: New Survivor, Wednesday, only CBS."

"RE: Full Promo Vidcaps"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-15-12 at 06:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-12 AT 06:16 PM (EST)

Thanks so much for posting, VG! Well, if they are bringing in a stretcher, they are planning on removing him. Also, there is NO sighting of Tarzan whatsoever in the vidcaps so far. Also, note that the VO says, the shocking final moments. It sure appears that Gregzan will be gone...

Also, this is NOT a good sign for Leif...

Also, we note this...

Trust no one, means don't trust Colton....d'uh.

Christina is trying to rally the troops against Alicia...hmmmm?

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-16-12 at 05:14 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-12 AT 05:17 AM (EST)

That seems like an easier way to go than convincing the men to boot Colton.
If Greg is out, the men in tribe are down to Colton, Leif, Jonas. If they boot Colton AND Greg were to go, that leaves the Manono tribe as Jonas, Leif, Christina, Alicia.

Irritating as Colton's reign might be, that does not seem like an easy sell, when instead it could be Jonas, Leif, Colton (w/HII dupposedly to help his group) vs one woman (Christina or Alicia).

Alicia is getting very buddy buddy with Colton, so an argument can be made to get rid of her, to his allies, before she replaces them.

Of course if they do this, Colton will be MIFFED at them and then they may have a problem next time.

I don't see a Colton boot developing with this dynamic. If Jay or Michael were two of the guys, absolutely, I think they would have the nerve.

The Souvenir comment could be either Colton Snark said before the TC, or Greg saying something about a souvenir of his medical problem ...
The title quote is more often than not said prior to the vote, rather than being parting words on the way out.

I fear the promos are just trying to suggest alternate boots to the very obvious Christina. It is back to the cat fight. Viewers don't like Alicia, so they hope that the guys will wise up and boot Colton's new BFF so that they can secure their own "CB" status.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-16-12 at 07:16 AM
The title quote is more often than not said prior to the vote, rather than being parting words on the way out.

I fear the promos are just trying to suggest alternate boots to the very obvious Christina.

OFG, I definitely agree with both of these statements....But, I am reminded of the famous Hatch quote from All Stars...I've been bamboozled!. I also agree that all of the clues and hype this week could be spin away from the obvious choice...Christina. But, Colton does seem to have a history of changing his mind regarding the boot...could he change it again? And, something noteworthy must have happened to Jeff to skip an entire week with a tease...history repeats itself...? We definitely need to explore all options...

Posted by Blind Freddy on 03-16-12 at 09:50 AM
O/T
Re: "...something noteworthy must have happened to Jeff to skip an entire week with a tease"

Jeff is in the Philippines recovering from jetlag and multiple travel segments to the S25 filming location. And while they have excellent internet(wireless even) connections at Gota/Base Camp and even the various nearby island filming sites, he's likely too tired or too busy to tweet much.

But I imagine that will change. The 'JeffPhone' truly has come of age w/the upcoming season as the Survivor world has just gotten a bit smaller. If he wanted to, Jeff could likely tout a play-by-play of a chal directly from a viewing platform. Now that would be historic.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-16-12 at 07:53 PM
Agreed, Jeff is zipping around.
He explained why he jumped episodes. He said he had just finished previewing Ep 6 when he wrote that tout. It was fresh on his mind, and he forgot that there was another episode in-between.

Jet lag and getting ready to shoot a new season in a brand new location sounds like a good reason to be somewhat mixed up.

Posted by Georjanna on 03-16-12 at 02:44 PM
Other than that - evidently - the discussion(s) involving the medical questions arising in Episode 6 took place over a span of time sufficient for hair stylings to be changed (and/or for scenes to be reenacted) I have no idea what importance, if any, to attribute to these two images. And I don't have any idea how to expose timestamps.

Opinions, anyone?

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-16-12 at 03:09 PM
You can tell some time has passed as there are different shades of sunlight as well.

Posted by suzzee on 03-16-12 at 04:13 PM
Possibly time passes (and hair comes down) because medical is close by and they called Jiffy to come to camp when it looked like it would be a significant problem that would become part of the show.

I'm sure that every time medical is summoned it isn't noteworthy. I wonder if we'd be surprised how often they are called into the camps.

2 cents worth

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-18-12 at 07:28 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-12 AT 07:28 PM (EST)

When the Dr. has her hair down, she is saying,it's too risky....this is when, she could be telling them that he has to be removed from the game....I agree they most likely could have come in and examined him and made a decision to come back and re-evaluate....We see her hair up at that point. Then later she comes again to make another assessment, and finds that what ever it is, it's too risky for him to continue. Fatal words...it's too risky. Sounds like she has indeed made up her mind.

Good catch with the hair, Georgianna!

Posted by jasonkola on 03-18-12 at 08:23 PM
Yes the "too risky" statement dose seem foretelling. But, I would like to suggest that the "too risky" statement could be refering to weather or not it is safe to hike out to receive treatment or be carried out. If whoever has a elevated heart rate, it would be risky to hike out to receive treatment.

Posted by beaglemaster on 03-18-12 at 09:45 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-12 AT 09:48 PM (EST)

I guess we may think alike, I just assumed that is what she meant when I heard it. My brain just filled it in with "We need the stretcher, too risky to have them try to walk out in this condition".

All the spec on fires and stingers seems to me just clutching at straws. I'm still 90% sure it has to do with Greg's leg simply because it is a known issue, the rest is all a guessing game. The fact that the only time you can see his leg uncovered in ep5 is when he walks into the ocean and you never get to see the front of his leg in that sequence. Every other shot of him either blocks your view of his leg or he has it covered himself with his cut off pant leg. To me it seems to big an issue, that also appears to be worsening to hide unless they plan on springing it on us for the drama of it all.
JMHO

Posted by jasonkola on 03-18-12 at 10:24 PM
We agree about it being risky to walk out in this condition. But I am one in the camp of a sting or something causing extreme pain. The cheat tweet "Extreme pain threatens a castaway" makes me believe it is the pain that is the issue not an infection to Greg's leg. He has shown no sign of being in pain yet. It could also be someone eating something that gave them food poisoning which would cause extreme stomach pain. A sting and food poisoning (depending on how bad it is) could allow the person to return to the game. I think we have seen Greg covering his leg is just him trying to protect the injury from the elements or getting banged up or dirty in the challenges. It could get infested but I do not think that would result in extreme pain. I have had cuts get infected and it hurt but not extreme. I doubt Greg being a doctor would let a cut or injury infection progress to the point of extreme pain. He is a doctor he dose not need the money that bad.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-18-12 at 11:21 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-12 AT 11:23 PM (EST)

The extreme pain, as noted in the teaser, is what is leading to his increased heart rate. It is what will lead to his removal from the game. It's supply and demand. A fast heart has increased oxygen demand. With an older patient that is indeed worrisome. As the Dr notes, it's too risky. Puts him at risk for all kinds of circulatory sequela. She is saying it is too risky to stay in the game....she's talking to Jeff about his ability to stay in the game, here. They are calling a stretcher because he isn't able to mobilize himself.

Now, regarding the extreme pain. It's either from a pre-existing condition (we have seen him wrap his right leg with a make-shift bandage and cover his left leg with his cut off pant leg, ex. shingles), OR from a sting, bite, or injury of some kind that has occured(sea urchin, jelly fish, etc). A secondary factor could be that it is getting infected...we just don't know.

We know that his heart rate is 120. Too high for someone to sustain at rest without being monitered. For me, she is taking him out of the game here. FWIW.

Posted by dabo on 03-19-12 at 01:08 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-12 AT 01:24 AM (EST)

For all we know it might just be chronic cramps.

"Scrape"
Posted by dabo on 03-19-12 at 11:30 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-12 AT 12:18 PM (EST)

ETA

"RE: Scrape"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 11:39 AM
Wow dabo, you found the leg wound! Nasty and great candidate to get infected!

"RE: Scrape"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-19-12 at 01:43 PM
Yes, good catch! But, why oh why do they seem to require the older men to wear bikini underwear in different colors....

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 06:15 AM
FlowerPower is a nurse ... a trained medical professional ...
I have found that she knows whereof she speaks in this area (OK, every area on which she speaks ) .

This analysis makes sense.
Actually a fast-evolving infection can become painful quickly.
Read about the person fighting one right now in Hawai'i:
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/17171682/kauai-man-fighting-flesh-eating-bacteria

Posted by Georjanna on 03-19-12 at 01:13 AM
Thanks, FP.

It's interesting that, in 2011, there were actually two Doctor(s) Salins performing as members of Survivor's medical staff: (Medic) Dr. Christina Salins (2011 only) and (Medical Director) Dr. Ramona Salins (2007 - 2012).

But, given that there is no evidence that the first Dr. Salins is still with the show, I think we can safely assume that we are not seeing 'double' in this Season's vidcaps.

I hope.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 09:26 AM
That is interesting!

In any case, there are two medics with Jeff, right? One the lower echelon medic and the other the medical director? They look very alike and at first I thought they were the same person, but they're not, are they?

blue shirt, hoop earrings, no lipstick

and the Dr. (Ramona?) ...

white shirt, different earrings, lipstick

hair up and hair down

I'm thinking the blue-shirt medic could be the first exam? then Dr. Ramona shows up. She loosens her hair, but that could be done in a second ... the rest of her look remains the same.

Is the medic taking lead on the stretcher the same as the top photo blue-shirted medic? She has the silver hoop earrings, but she looks younger and thinner in the face to me -- but different angles are deceiving.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-19-12 at 11:10 AM
OFG, you are on the right tract...

This women is the same....wearing blue shirt and large, hooped, silver earrings, and seen wearing a light blue shirt...

Then, these are the pictures of Dr. Ramona...

The girl in the blue shirt is most likely a nurse or part of the EMT team. She is the one that's taking the vital signs. They are all there with Jiffy. Most likely the girl with the blue shirt and earrings, leaves the patient with them, as she goes to get the stretcher with the other member of the team.

Actually, I don't know what to think of Dr. Ramona's hair...she comes with it up, and at some point in the assessment period she puts it down. When she has it up, look to her right, you see a red piece of material that matches the red material of the stretcher, on the corners...

So, in this picture, the stretcher is there, and most likely the patient is on the stretcher ready to go...

So the sequence of the pictures are:
1. Christina running for help...

2. Medics on the site with patient..."The heart rate is actually up to 120..."

3. "All right. We got a stretcher coming in, okay?"

4. Stretcher is there now, and most likely patient is on it...

5. Then Dr. Ramona explains, it's too risky to keep him here, he's got to go...

Just wanted to add that we don't know what the patients other vital signs are....is his BP so low that he passes out? That would certainly cause an increased HR. If he has a "vaso-vagal" response, his HR would decrease to the point of him possibly passing out, and his pressure could fall as well. An increased HR post vaso-vagal response would be rebounding, and a more positive sign....just don't know what the heck is going on here, and if the medics have doubt, they will remove him, imo. The teasers tell us that it is all related to the painful condition.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 11:46 AM
Yes, you have explained it, thanks!

Dabo found a cap of Greg's leg wound uncovered, see above. It looked bad in Ep 2 during the rope challenge. Would not be surprised if it's the culprit.

"5 and 10 seconds Promo Vidcaps"
Posted by VolcanicGlass on 03-16-12 at 03:47 PM
5 Seconds Promo

VO: A shocking ending.
Probst: "All right. We've got a stretcher coming in, okay?"

10 Seconds Promo

VO: A shocking ending...
Female medical person: "The heart rate is actually up to 120."
VO: ... no one saw coming.
Probst: "All right. We've got a stretcher coming on, okay?"

"RE: 5 and 10 seconds Promo Vidcaps"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-16-12 at 04:00 PM
A Shocking Ending and No one saw coming is in regard to the med-evac, not the TC. Clearly, if it's an ending, the med-evac is gone, right?

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-17-12 at 02:20 AM
In addition to the change in light and hair with the doctor, when Christina is running, the jungle is lit up, but it is quite dim when the stretcher comes.

Christina is seen wearing her black halter bathing top in most of the scenes where she is talking to the guys, with and without buff. Post-IC maybe, if she is scrambling, or she may start after the IC.

But when she goes running, she is wearing her skirt and top. I don't think that skirt can be very practical, so I am wondering if she had on her TC clothes. I haven't noticed what she wears, but it seems to be chilly there in the evening. It is as close to dead of Winter as it gets in Samoa. That's such an impractical skirt that I don't know why she would wear it for regular camp life.

Posted by knuckles487 on 03-18-12 at 11:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-12 AT 11:58 PM (EST)

The skirt and blouse is exactly why I started thinking that maybe the med-vac is due to an injury suffered on the way to tribal council. I don't think that has ever happened before but it would help with the "shocking final moments that no one expected" tease. Then after they remove the injured person they continue on to have the "conspiratorial TC" that was also teased. It would sure help if there were pics of other survivors around during the med-vac to see how they are dressed or if they have their bags with them.

I don't know if they would still vote someone out or not given the circumstances but I can just imagine what kind of TC it could end up being. I also don't know that if the injury were a sting or bite if it would be sufficient enough for a "thanks for the souvenir" remark in reference to a battle scar. That makes me think the statement is made for another reason at TC.

eta: Forgot to mention the "don't get too comfortable" that was shown over Leifs coffin box. Maybe its foretelling, maybe not. But if it is and he is the injured person to leave wouldn't that also fit in with the flight five spoiler? He could perhaps be the "short white slightly bearded guy" that was mentioned although I would actually think other terms might normally be used to describe him such as little person etc. The poster of that spoiler could have in reality seen all six bootees but possibly assumed Nina was a handler due to her age and appearance or some other reason. I know that's not a very nice statement to make but it's just a guess as to why only five people were mentioned. My apologies to Nina.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 06:22 AM
aha, maybe if we both think the skirt is a sign ...

Although it is really still afternoon when this starts, and darker later. So not sure they could be walking yet, but very interesting idea.

In this scene of Jeff, I am fairly sure there is some wooden fencing behind him. I see an upright post and three horizontal rails. The big diagonal is lauhala root that is part of a tree, I think, but the bit in the corner is symmetrical, man-made, and there should not be a fence at camp. What do you think?

"PIP Promo Vidcaps"
Posted by VolcanicGlass on 03-16-12 at 03:57 PM
VO: Survivor's newest super-villain continues to shake-up the game. Wednesday, only CBS.

"RE: PIP Promo Vidcaps"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-16-12 at 08:03 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-12 AT 08:11 PM (EST)

Wow, actually a couple shots of the Salani. They look unhappy at that moment, wonder what came up. Someone finished the PB&J. Their Insider confessionals were almost blissful.

So we see Tarzan is there and upright to compete for the RC, and his leg is wrapped. Do have a shot of another challenge, VG?

Possibly the Salani will win an excursion, where they will be featured, none of which shots could go in the promos. Then we probably don't see them after the IC, all action moves to Manono.

Posted by VolcanicGlass on 03-16-12 at 08:07 PM
Salani is reading tree mail in this vidcap.

As for the second structure, it's hard to tell what it is. The only noteworthy point is that it is part of an overhead approach shot which cuts to the overhead of what should be the RC. All things being equal, it ought to be the other challenge, unless the editors just added that sequence in order to get a longer overhead shot.

Posted by VolcanicGlass on 03-16-12 at 08:17 PM
Clearly, I meant Manono... Blech...

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-16-12 at 09:16 PM

The picture above shows Manono getting tree mail for what I think must be this challenge...see the coconut that came in the mail

We see one sit out on the bench (I think it's Sabrina) and we see Gregzan there...this must be the RC. The Salani tribe should win this one easily, imo...

Posted by baddove on 03-17-12 at 02:35 AM
I can't see Leif getting up those steps with any kind of ease or speed, I imagine he really holds up nuManono.

Posted by Polonium on 03-18-12 at 11:40 AM
Leif is in great shape, so I think he can handle it.

I'd be more concerned about Tarzan getting over those steps.

"Interesting sequence in PIP"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-19-12 at 07:50 AM
Note the sequence in the PIP...

I think perhaps Jonas could be at the injured person's side here....and then look at everyone else....to me, it sure looks as if the person that has pain has been removed at this point. And, look at Salani, perhaps Jeff has just been to camp to tell them that there has been a med-evac....they sure look sad, and what reason do they have to be sad?

Then, after those pics, we have Tarzan. Clearly, the pics of Tarzan are from the AM when they get their tree mail for the coconut toss challenge. We see Christina has already taken off her red shirt. The shots of Tarzan are from before the Coconut Toss RC where we know that he participates. So, most likely the med-evac is post RC. Note the sequence in the PIP:

Jonas, perhaps attending to the person who is down and in pain...note his expression and the serious nature of his appearance...

Now here are the others and their post tribemate removal shots...(perhaps?)

Christina, still wearing her red top...perhaps post removal...

Leif, right smack in the middle of the pip...

Then, here are the Salani tribe...looking like they are discussing something serious, as a tribe...

Kat looks very upset and sad...

Then, finally, they throw in pics of Tarzan, but as we can all see it is prior to the challenge...

One other thing to note is this:

From the overhead shots of the challenge site we couldn't tell....we thought the coconuts were supposed to be bounced into a pen. But, clearly with the PIP shots, we can see that the holding pen is actually a netted bullseye pen.

"RE: Interesting sequence in PIP"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 08:45 AM
I think you have nailed it with these shots, FloPo!

I have been looking at the Salani shot thinking the same. Only puzzlied by Kim who seems to be smiling, but Kat is clearly quite upset and all the others looked bummed.

Then great job finding a bummed out shot for each Manono other than Greg, and Christina with the correct outfit ...

I am not following what you mean in the last bit about the challenge. Could you give me the Sesame Street version, please? The coconuts get bounced off what into what and there is a score if what happens?

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-19-12 at 09:42 AM
The coconut throw challenge: Originally I just couldn't see that there was a net there to catch the coconuts once they are bounced off of the trampolines....to me it just looked like a fenced in area with a bullseye painted on the ground. But with the pic from above, you can see that in the fenced area, there is netting with a bullseye on it to catch the coconuts...it's not just a pen where they land on the ground. Just clarified it for me!

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 09:48 AM
Aha! I see now.

Posted by Sheldor on 03-20-12 at 04:22 AM
Huh?! FlowerPower you've posted more than once that the large area is a "holding pen" or netting to catch the coconuts. Several others have posted, and I agree, that the large area is a trampoline!

The large trampoline has a target to aim at to bounce the coconuts into the air to land on one of those five targets and break them.

Here is Kim taking aim DOWNWARD (look at her eyes and the angle of her arm) toward the large trampoline.

She is aiming for the red spot on the trampoline seen here to bounce it into one of those 5 targets:

And you can clearly see a target has been punctured in this photo.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-21-12 at 07:43 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-12 AT 07:53 AM (EST)

Sheldor, I agree with you now. Byoffer explained up above, but unfortunately, I must have missed it. I didn't see where anyone else disagreed or had any other spec. Sorry, just trying to figure it out. I knew that trampolines were involved, I just had it backwards.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 09:47 AM
OK, so now you have created the storyline out of the PIP, FloPo, I am thinking that THIS shot may be AFTER the evacuation.

Colton looks sad, Alicia is having issues, Christina is sorta kinda trying to make Alicia feel comforted, Alicia is being a jerk. Christina has on her skirt and red shirt, and it's at night. It's presented as a scene that's part of the Christina, Colton, Alicia bickering, but what if it's a sad scene?

This scene is also at night, and seems like the night shots might be from the same time frame:

No Tarzan or Jonas shown at night. Jonas could be by the fire or something.

But if the med-evac happens in "the final moments" of the show (which may be misdirection), then the TC surely wouldn't come after this. I'm still perplexed about the sequence of the evac and the TC.

And let's not forget that the Salani scene is shown when there is blue sky, not the very end of the day:

I wish I knew which way their beach faces. Wondering if this could be a morning shot. The light is definitely at an angle, looking at Kim's back and Sab's, and the shadows, but it is bright light (not like the pink or orange light in early morning or at sunset). Kat's hair is all lit up blonde. It's obviously not very cold, as they don't have much on in the way of clothes.

If their beach is in back of them and faces south, then the light could be from the east?

I'm not very good at shadow analysis ...

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-19-12 at 11:43 AM
I don't know about the night scene. I think Colton looks miserable because he's up late, and there is pushing going on. Clearly the girls are bickering, and there is no room for Christina to lie down, so she shoves Alicia over some, and Alicia tells her she'll whack her. We see that Leif is sleeping in the crate, but I don't know where Jonas is, or maybe even where Tarzan is....he may or may not be med-evaced at this point. No way to tell...

But if the med-evac happens in "the final moments" of the show

Also, regarding your thoughts as to the med-evac happening in the final moments....I did not read the clue that way. I read the "the shocking final moments" as referring to the med-evac....the med-evacs "final moments"....don't miss them! I do not put the med-evacs shocking final moments occuring at TC....2 separate entities, 2 separate times... imo.

If the med-evac occurs at dusk....then Jiffy may go to camp Salani the next day/morning? Just no way to tell.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 11:50 AM
That is all very true.

They just don't do night scenes very often other than post TC. It could be that. Christina will be mad after the Monica vote.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-19-12 at 01:40 PM
OFG....you could be right, it could be post med-evac, OR, it could be post tribal council as well...both good thoughts/possibilities.

Posted by dabo on 03-19-12 at 05:07 PM
Also, regarding your thoughts as to the med-evac happening in the final moments....I did not read the clue that way. I read the "the shocking final moments" as referring to the med-evac....

From the S2 page at Wikipedia re ep. 6: Ogakor got a note in tree mail saying that there had been an accident at the Kucha tribe and that no immunity challenge would take place, and that all 5 of them would continue to the merge. With no details, they wondered what the injury was but knew it was serious enough to warrant an evacuation.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-19-12 at 06:16 PM
Could this be history repeating itself then? But, it's not the merge....do the Salani tribe get a note, or does Jiffy pay them a visit telling them that there will be no IC, and that they are all safe for the episode? Well, I don't know since the clues tell us that a TC will indeed ensue. Conspiracies and shake ups galore.

Posted by dabo on 03-19-12 at 07:04 PM
History repeats, IC cancelled because of medical evacutation maybe. One tribe left wondering what happened, possibly. Morbid speculations, maybe some humorous ones.

Token TC with a lot of clearing the air? Alicia and Christina together at TC is enough to insure sparks. Accusations, lies, raised voices, hand gestures, tongues sticking out.

"shelter squabbles"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-20-12 at 01:09 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-12 AT 01:29 AM (EST)

Something just clicked for me ... see what you think ...

Christina couldn't get Alicia to give her room in the shelter in the night scene.

Alicia said she would whack Christina (hit her, not kill her) if she puts her hands on her.

Next day, probably post challenge, Christina confronts the cozy Queen and Princess and says Alicia needs to share.

Colton's way of telling her fuggedabout it is he tells her she is welcome to jump in the fire or quit, he doesn't care. (Message: one way or another, she won't be there much longer, so her sleeping needs are irrelevant.)

Christina then takes her frustration over to Jonas and Leif and starts the "her or me" conversation with them.

Press Photos Day 2, the tribe is enlarging the shelter.

Colton is not seen participating, but he is seen afterwards. Note the attitude on Alicia's face in both photos of her. Alicia doesn't like to work, and it wasn't her idea?

(Colton 40 minutes after group shot)

If there is a theme of "comfort" as part of the storyline, this could be just a little black humor on part of the editors, sending the message that none of them should feel too comfortable. Leif provides them with a perfect image, doesn't need to be foreshadowing Leif's imminent demise.:

The irony is that they are enlarging their shelter but their tribe might be down to four people by the end of this episode, so the tribe is involuntarily downsizing to fit the shelter they built.

The other thing I note is that they don't seem to have completed their addition:

Day 2 framework for extension

Day 3 shelter, the sleeping platform looks the same to me.

Did they extend the roof area?

"RE: shelter squabbles"
Posted by CTgirl on 03-20-12 at 09:24 AM
I like the progression of this story OFG.

We had the vidcap in a previous week of Jonas and Christina and "alliance" stamped over it. This could finally be coming to fruition. Lief is known to be kind and worry about the girls. He may not like the way Colton (and Alicia) are treating Christina. If Tarzan is medevaced, all of a sudden Jonas, Leif and Christina could be a majority.

"Don't get too comfortable" then refers to Colton and Alicia. In the promos, we've seen them looking cozy in the shelter for two weeks now. A Colton or Alicia boot would be shocking and provide the fireworks for "conspiratorial" tribal council.

"RE: shelter squabbles"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-20-12 at 09:41 AM
CT Girl....it is looking like Colton may be the fallen comrade. If so, I speculate that if they go to TC and end up voting someone out, it may indeed be Alicia and not Christina...fwiw. Would be a conspiracy and it would be a "shake up", as noted per the teasers.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 10:35 AM
Re some of the other shots:

I think the scene where Colton tells Christina she can just jump in the fire and the scene where Christina talks to Jonas and Leif are both soon after the RC, in which Christina screwed up perhaps -- that might be the point of them telling her to run back.

Christina is still in her challenge outfit.
Alicia still has her buff on her right wrist in the shelter, and so does Colton:

So I think maybe they play the challenge, and Christina doesn't perform well, they lose ...
they come back and Colton and Alicia are cozying up, and Colton is mad at Christina and tells her she is done, welcome to quit or jump in the fire if she doesn't want to get voted out.

Christina knows she's on the outs with them, so goes and finds Jonas and Leif and says it's her or Alicia, tries to get them on board with Alicia boot.

Then Alicia show ups and confronts them, buff still on right wrist:

Jonas wearing his black shirt he has on at the challenge:

Argument ensues, Christina tries to out A for being untrue to her alliance:

I think that Alicia image is flipped, because her braids should be on her right side, as should her buff, so it can be the same time frame even though her buff looks to have changed wrists:

Alicia's braids right side:

Then something happens ... Greg is missing during all this action. In pain?

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-19-12 at 11:53 AM
Nice organizing, OFG! Could definitely see it unfolding like you have it. Do you spec that there is only one challenge this episode, or two? And, do you think that they have returned from the RC? If they are returned from the RC, they don't know that they have lost the IC yet....more likely to plot post IC? But, I can see Colton and Alicia reacting to a poor challenge performance like that. Also, when Tarzan have his "episode"...is it toward dusk? So, Tarzan could be off somewhere post RC?

If there is a TC, there has got to be an IC. Wonder if the Coconut toss is the RC or the IC?

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 12:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-12 AT 12:20 PM (EST)

Well, I think it is right after the coconut bounce because of clothes and buffs.
If the idol is at that challenge I do not see it.
I hope we get press photos. They label the challenge. Or a DT version.
No sign of a Second challenge in play. May be set up but the could be canceled?

Oh and I think Manono fully expects to lose and the strategizing And bickering can happen throughout. Big betrayal the night before RC and the two girls have some settling to do about Alicia turning on Monica.

"CBS photo's "
Posted by jasonkola on 03-19-12 at 06:35 PM
CBS has the photo'e up at the express site. They do not seem to tell us much. Tarzan is not shown much but neither is Colton.

"Time stamps??"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-19-12 at 08:25 PM
Jasonkola: What are the time stamps on the press photos? Because IF they are all from day 2, of a 2 day cycle, then we can rule out that there was a challenge and a TC on day 1....no one was voted out on day 1 of this cycle. All nuManono is there on day 2.

"RE: Time stamps??"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 08:36 PM
they are all day 2 and 3
see my post below for day 3 images

Posted by tullfan on 03-19-12 at 07:02 PM
OFG and FP,

In three recent seasons (S19, S20, S21) episode 6 has been used for double tribal councils. I think this week there will be 2 short cycles with 2 Immunity Challenges and Manono loses both of them.

I noticed that Colton is absent from the footage where Alicia and Christina are having their argument while both Leif and Jonas are present. I just saw at SurvivorFever that there is an episode 6 press image of the Manono tribe on day 17 with everyone present except Colton.

There has been some excellent speculation that Tarzan is evacuated on the way to Tribal Council. Yet the ep. 6 press release mentions a conspiratorial tribal council. This supports that 2 short cycles were planned.

Here is my timeframe for episode 6:

1. Previously on Survivor - blah blah
2. Back at camp, Christina is upset that she was not in on the Monica blindside, Colton tells her that she can either quit or jump in the fire.
(commercial break)
3. Both tribes get tree mail for an upcoming challenge and are dismayed that it is for Immunity rather than Reward
4. Salani wins the IC that we saw in the promos
(commercial break)
5. At camp, Colton lashes out Christina regarding her poor performance in the IC
6. The rest of the misfit alliance decides that they have had it with Colton and decide to vote him out
7. At a conspirational tribal council, Colton and idol are blindsided (Thanks for the Souvenir)
(commercial break)
8. Soom footage about Tarzan being in extreme pain
9. Salani wins another IC
10. At camp, Christina and Alicia have their argument ("It's either her or me")
11. On the way to tribal, Tarzan collapses
12. Medical is contacted and Tarzan is evacuated (120 beats per ssec.)

Posted by Arnold_Lorax on 03-19-12 at 07:47 PM
I agree that 2 will be gonners this week. 1 cause of hurt and 1 cause of blindside. Colton gets the blinside and keeps the idle and probably Tarzan is the hurt one. Not sure I agree with the whole sequence but it could be. Good job.

Posted by baddove on 03-19-12 at 07:55 PM
I pretty much agree, excellent job thinking this out. We are not shown the second challenge for a reason-I suspect someone on nuManono is missing, and CBS did not want to spoil it.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-19-12 at 07:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-12 AT 08:22 PM (EST)

Well, Tullfan....I suppose it is indeed plausible. I would be thrilled if Colton gets the boot first. I could possibly see him going if indeed all of the men are still there, but not if Gregzan goes first.

Here is one picture...

Clearly, these pictures were taken at the same time. It looks as though they have gotten tree mail in the AM, and Gregzan is holding the coconut, and Jonas is reading the treemail. I think this is the treemail for the coconut throw challenge. If these were taken on day two, and it's only a two day cycle, as per TDT, than the coconut throw must be an IC.

Also, interesting that there is no sign of Colton unless he's in the shelter...HEY BLIND FREDDY, VG, or PEPE, is there anyway to lighten up the press picture here and see if Colton is in the shelter? This could really help us out?

ETA: Well Tullfan, IF your speculation is right, and there is one challenge and one TC on each day of the 2 day cycle, and this is indeed day 2, so getting treemail after the first TC, then clearly the only one that COULD be missing from nuManono is Colton.....

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 08:22 PM
Wow, FlowerPower, you are right, that has to be at the same time, and guess what, that press photo is not pre-RC, it is on the afternoon of the third day. They could be getting tree mail that Colton has been taken out of the game.

The third day sequence of press photos goes:

1) Jonas and Leif on beach talking

14 minutes later

2) Alicia and Christina in water

9 minutes later

3) Group in camp reads message, less than 30 minutes after the bathing scene, thus Christina's hair is still wet in press photo.

I think Jonas is holding it in the press photo, Christina in the cap.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-19-12 at 08:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-12 AT 08:42 PM (EST)

OFG: When is the time stamp for the Colton picture? We are speculating that the treemail they have there came with that coconut, most likely hinting and telling them about the coconut throw challenge....that must be the IC. And, if it is the IC, then we know that Colton AND Gregzan are BOTH present....

So, will the med-evac happen after the IC....at dusk on the day of the IC, perhaps?

If the coconut throw challenge is the IC and it's on day 3, then all of the nuManono's are accounted for on day 3, and we can rule out an earlier IC/TC.

ETA: Well, I could be off here, perhaps the coconut throw is for the RC. It just fits with treemail IF the coconut came with the treemail. But, alas, it is the morning and Tarzan could just be playing with the coconut that he's about to crack open for breakfast...fwiw.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 08:44 PM
It is stamped 6 pm on Day 3, but that may not be local time, so maybe look at the lighting of those three photos for time of day. It is the right day, but the hour may be off from local time (if the camera is set to Australian time.

I lightened up the interior of the shelter for you, no Colton:

I am saying there is nothing to say that TM is for the coconut challenge really, as Tarzan could be holding a coconut for any reason.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-19-12 at 09:30 PM
Color me IMPRESSED, OFG! I didn't know you were a photo wiz as well! Clearly, Colton is not there, and this is a suspicious picture. The important thing we have to learn definitively is the time for it. Clearly, you can see that the sun is low in the sky, so it's either early morning, which is what it appears to be to me, or it's late, dusk.

You are right, Gregzan could be holding a coconut for any reason, OR, if it came with the treemail it would be a clue to the coconut throw challenge, which could be the IC. IF it is the IC, we know that all nuManono's will be there....just don't know.

If Kona figures out the time stamps, let us know! Great job lightening up the picture!

Posted by knuckles487 on 03-19-12 at 09:32 PM

FP and OFG, I figured out how to move this picture from FP's post but I don't know how to get the rest of the sequence here. Sorry.

If you could go back to this series of photos that show Colton running in the challenge, something is a bit off. In the pic following this one Coltons right leg is straight out in front of him and even looks like it could be off line and crossed in front of him to his left side. People don't run with their leg straight like that except that some folks slow down and brake that way. He is too far from the blocks to be braking yet so his right leg looks very much in the wrong position. The next pic is his left leg in front with both legs bent so no braking here. That would also rule it out in the previous pic. The pic after this one shows his right leg in front again and notice this time it is not only bent but his knee appears to be raised very high. This looks for the life of me like someone running, they misstep, pop their knee sideways, and go down with a very painful injury.

I had this type injury and when it first happened I was able to continue what I was doing for a very short period of time before the pain became too overwhelming. A knee injury without tearing the ligaments could lend itself to being able to hold up for a while before the pain got bad enough to require medical attention. Maybe he was able to work his way through the challenge before getting worse later in the day. If this is what happened and I can just hear the self-centered smartass saying thanks for the souvenir on his way out instead of passing it off to someone else.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-19-12 at 09:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-12 AT 11:18 PM (EST)

Not a bad idea. Here's the rest of the sequence:

Who knows, with the way KKKolton runs like a drunken flamingo, if he's actually injured or that's just how he runs? In the last pic, he does appear to be making a leap toward the crate - rather early, if I may say so, so it's possible that he mis-timed his jump and slammed right into the crate to cause an injury.

Excellent work on the vidcaps by everyone today in particular! The new proposed timeline is really interesting and I'm hoping that it's more of a KKKolton vote-out and a Tarzan evac than the other way around.

Bonus points to any old timers here who can recall the origin of the "drunken flamingo" bit.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 09:55 PM
knuckes, that is really interesting ...
FYI, to transfer a sequence of images, you do each image separately (at least I do). Right click on the pic and click copy image or copy image address, either one. Then paste that url into your new post.

Continue for each photo you want to collect in the new post.

FloPo, thanks! Photography is a hobby of mine and I do have photo software for exposure, hightlights, shadows, etc.. I just don't know how to make vidcaps, nor am I practiced with photoshopping.

I am not as good as the wizards here, but in their absence I can do a little image manipulation.

I ran that tree mail through my various filters and nothing made the writing get more clear, but sharpening images is one thing I haven't learned how to do.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-21-12 at 07:34 PM
knuckles, you could well be right here ...
I don't know why this kind of injury would result in risk (medic eval), but I do feel there are just not enough shots of this challenge.

I feel like it doesn't get completed.
We only see two people running each team and only one person shooting, one target broken.
There is zero investment in this challenge in the promos.

I wonder if this is the second challenge or the only one. Don't we all.

If Colton goes out in this challenge, it has to be the IC run the morning of Day 3. He is in camp on Day 2 afternoon.

But ... I think there is some evidence of clothing that there are camp scenes after this challenge too, and I don't know why they would sit out Sabrina if this is IC. She's such a good competitor.

"Time stamps"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-19-12 at 10:12 PM
Kona says the time stamp is about 2 hours earlier than local time. So, that means the tirbes get tree mail at around 4 pm. Too late on day 3 for any challenge, therefore it's telling them something about reporting to TC and Colton won't be there.

More than likely, the Salani tribe gets tree mail at about the same time and it tells them about Colton leaving the game...

The question that remains is they are going to TC, and there is a conspiracy that will shake things up. Most likely it could be Colton's BFF that gets the vote, and not Christina. Will Alicia be voted out?

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 08:54 PM
This photo of Colton was taken on Day 2. It is the last Colton photo.

It was taken 42 minutes after this photo of them working on the shelter, so Colton was around, just not helping.

Posted by jasonkola on 03-19-12 at 09:39 PM
Wow so it is looking like Colton may be the medvac. If two go in this episode they may still need to go to TC. This is when we would see the fight between Alicia and Christina. This makes sense as Colton is not seen in that scene. I wander who the guys will vote for? If they were smart they would vote Alicia out, she is trouble.

"Colton walking alone in jungle"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 11:28 PM

I've been wondering about this shot.
Could he injure himself out there? After all, Baby Colton is not too familiar with the camp world outside the shelter throne.

"RE: Colton walking alone in jungle"
Posted by jasonkola on 03-19-12 at 11:46 PM
Maybe Colton is taking a pee in the bushes and a snake bites his wenus. lol

Posted by Blind Freddy on 03-20-12 at 01:02 AM
> FlowerPower....
Re: "...is there anyway to lighten up the press picture here and see if Colton is in the shelter?"

Hereyago

Doesn't look like Colton is in the shelter. Sorry I haven't been around.....been busy w/RL stuff.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 09:40 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-12 AT 09:42 PM (EST)

I both agree and disagree, tullfan.

I do know the typical scheduling, and I was expecting a double tribal in Ep 6.

Ep 6 has been used for double tribal episodes, but not for 2 short cycles being aired in one episode. Those have only been done post-merge. That isn't to say they can't change, but to be clear on what they've been doing.

The double tribal episodes have featured the opportunity to win individual immunity from each tribe, plus the reward for one tribe to eat and watch the other TC.

Also, there has never been an RC in a double tribal where each tribe boots one, or in a 2 TC short cycle episode.

The challenge we see does not feature a stand with immunity necklaces on it, or a stand for the tribal idol. There's also no reward table, but that can be explained by a reward that is somewhere else, like a feast, movie, excursion.

Plus there is no indication that that this trampoline bounce challenge could contain individual immunity component. Those challenges, everyone competes at the same time (or everyone on one tribe), while this is pretty clearly a relay set-up.

There has never been a double tribal for both tribes where CBS hasn't hyped that two people are going home and neither tribe is safe. There is no sign in the promos that Salani has anything to worry about.

They only have 18 players, so they don't need 2 episodes with 2 boots, and they may have decided not to do one this time, or it might have been planned for Ep 7, or they may have decided to wait until post-merge to see if they need a double boot (in case of more medivacs).

Lastly, they are very able to show a second challenge even in a two cycle episode, as they did with S23. They just don't put in any shots that show the whole tribe if someone has been eliminated earlier in the episode. But in the "each tribe goes to TC" pre-merge variant, there is only one challenge in any case. There is a Stage 2 of the challenge where the immunity winners face off.

I know you are familiar with this; I'm just recapping for those who might not remember.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 09:50 PM
In addition, we need to factor in that this is a 3 day cycle, which means a cycle that has both an RC and an IC, not a both tribes go to TC scenario.

While they do use 3 days to do they two cycles in one episodes, like I said, those have only been done post-merge, in the individual immunity phase.

I still think the coconut challenge is most likely the RC, due to lack of any visible idols.

I think I made a good case that the two fights are soon after the coconut challenge, because the clothes and buffs are the same. There really is no reason to walk around camp with a buff wrapped on your right wrist other than you have come from the challenge, and Alicia and Colton both still have it that way.

Also, we clearly see signs that the tribe is not pleased with something Christina is doing in the challenge, and it would segue kind of naturally into the scene we see at the shelter where Colton is so dismissive of her.

Posted by jasonkola on 03-19-12 at 10:18 PM
I believe they are not showing the IC because they do not want us to see Colton is gone. Good job with the dating of the pictures. I am still trying to wrap my head around those pics being from day 3 and what it means. Clearly a 3 day cycle. but would it be before or after the TC. I would think before.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 11:00 PM
TC is always at night, so has to be before. This is about 4 p.m. they are reading the TM. The girls were probably getting cleaned up before getting dressed for TC (bathing, around 3:45).

They are very capable of showing a challenge where someone is gone or not competing by just showing shots of one of one or two people. They did it last season with that bow balance that was the second IC (post-merge). They showed three people holding it, but what we couldn't see was all the others elected to sit out (and Dawn was gone after the first TC).

So they can show a sample of the challenge if they want to. This season they have been showing at least something from both challenges, so this is a first.

Posted by tullfan on 03-20-12 at 10:02 AM
OFG,

I have thought about nearly everything that you have posted.

The problem I have with this episode is that I have been trying to reconcile the promos that hype a potential medevac in the shocking final seconds that no one saw happening with the press release that gives a teaser about a conspiratorial Tribal Council.

The promo makes it appear that episode 6 ends with the medevac rather than a Tribal Council. I had thought that perhaps the press release teaser about the conspiratorial TC might be for week 7 instead, until I noticed that Colton is missing from some of the Manono camp promo footage as well as being missing from the day 3 press image of the Manono tribe.

I started to wonder if Colton might be the evacuee but I don't see how a TC where Jeff reveals that Colton has been taken out of the game would be conspiratorial except for Alicia and Christina having another argument.

I still think that Tarzan is the evacuee because of all the attention that was given him at the episode 5 TC in comparison to the first 4 episodes where he had virtually no character development. It was as if Tarzan was being given a send-off before he is taken out.

Regarding the immunity idol stand being absent from the challenge, maybe the aerial shot was taken before the stand was set up. Generally we see the immunity idol stand next to Jeff when we get Jeff in actual active footage while the challenge is running.

Oy, and I thought analysis for week 4 was confusing.

"Another video clip"
Posted by jasonkola on 03-20-12 at 02:48 PM
Well another video clip is up at the express site. It just shows more of the Alicia, Christina fight. I am not sure if this is foretelling a Christina boot or a Alicia boot. Here is a link.

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor-one-world/video

I can not believe they are not showing us a second challenge. Either there is not one or they are trying to hide who is the medvac.

"RE: Another video clip"
Posted by jasonkola on 03-20-12 at 03:09 PM
I have been thinking about why they would have only one challenge and a 3 day sequence. I am thinking that it is possible that the medvac prior to the IC causes Morono to forfeit the IC. This would explain no IC. Is it possible they delayed the TC one day in an effort to try to get the medvac back in the game. If this is the case. The medvac could return at the last minute at the TC. No one would expect this and it would sure stir up TC.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-20-12 at 03:49 PM
It's a good idea, and I had considered it. They have never done that before though. They need a challenge segment in the show, and they have to consider that when on location, how it will affect the episode. Generally the tribe does not forfeit. The person is taken out and the tribe competes as it would have, down a member.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-20-12 at 04:16 PM
What if this is a reference to the first challenge of this season? Kourtney was taken out and they stopped the challenge, Jeff gave the guys a choice to claim the win or push on ahead. You're right, the tribe generally does not forfeit, but they've done the 'person is taken out and the challenge stops' thing already.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-20-12 at 04:43 PM
yes, it could happen that way. People have been guessing that there was another challenge injury, but to me it didn't fit all of what Jeff said about good luck figuring out what that's about -- obviously it would be a no brainer figuring out the similarity.

But it's Jeff speak, and that's some slippery stuff ...
The lack of challenge footage is striking.

Perhaps there is an initial injury at the challenge, which ends the challenge, but Colton goes back to camp.
THEN later, he has complications.
Christina says, it's more serious than I thought ...
there is a crisis ...

The only thing is, this coconut throw challenge is of the type where they play to points. It doesn't have a rule where all tribe members have to make it to the end, and normally they are allowed to somewhat sideline a player and send in their better competitors -- look at how Ozzy chose to do multiple legs of that water challenge last season.

I don't see why a Colton mishap would cause a forfeit. However, there could be a second day challenge that does require all team members to get to the end ...

Posted by Georjanna on 03-21-12 at 04:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-12 AT 06:12 PM (EST)

OFG and jasonkola,

I really do think - given all of the clues, sourced spoilers and circumstances that have been revealed in this thread's analyses - that a scenario in which a potential Evacuee returns to the Game - at 'the last moment' - makes more sense than does any other. And nothing would be further from what everyone expected than for Colton to be the one to 'push through the pain', 'man-up', and 'come back'. But everyone should expect that Colton would be aware of every rule and past practice that would allow him to make of lemons whatever brand of lemonade he wished.

As for the late-in-the-day treemail:

Since both tribes would have to be informed regarding the current status of the Evacuee - and of the Game - a TC to do that seems reasonable. And it doesn't seem unreasonable - given their obvious luxury of time - that production prepared for an evening IC - probably on-site and immediately before Tribal - to keep things moving right along on TDT's schedule ...

ETA: We (and the general viewing audience) may not have realized that just such a hastily-arranged IC/TC occurred once before. But JP would be aware of the drama and perhaps pretty sure that we 'might not recognize history repeating itself'. Does anyone remember a likely incident/candidate?

And I know I'm probably going to be so wrong. But you two and all of your fellow contributors have made this thread so much fun to follow that I just couldn't let it go without one last comment and a word of appreciation.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-20-12 at 03:38 PM
Right on, that is it in a nutshell, tullfan!

Good point about the aerial shot as a pre-challenge shot.

OK, well I agree about the Tarzan spotlight, very in our face. If Tarzan were the evacuee, he looks fine on Day 3 on 4 pm, so it would really have to be AFTER they read that tree mail.

Then why do they get tree mail at that point if there hasn't been an emergency? We've never been shown a tree mail calling them to TC.

If they are going to TC and he goes down on the way, which is quite possible, then the conspiratorial TC is a bogus teaser, no? Because they would not go any farther ...

Back to beginning of loop ...

Posted by tullfan on 03-20-12 at 07:10 PM
OFG, I've changed my mind a bit.

The simplest explanation for this week is that Colton is the medevac. The game claims another victim and extreme pain threates to derail one castaway's chances of staying in the game. There is a press image of Colton on day 2 of this cycle but he is not in the press image of the Manono tribe working on their shelter on day 2. Maybe Colton is the person in extreme pain and that is why he is not helping with the shelter. Everyone except Colton is present in the day 3 press image of the Manono tribe as with Kourtney in episode 1. Everyone else on Manono looks hale and hearty including Tarzan.

No footage of the Immunity Challenge. Perhaps Colton is taken out at the challenge site

I would think that production would always use tree mail to summon the contestants to go to Tribal Council just as they do with challenges. There really isn't any other way to do it. They just never show that tree mail during the episode.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-20-12 at 07:33 PM
oh, I am in agreement about Colton since seeing the press photos yesterday. I did a 180; however, the Greg argument was sound as well due to the amount of attention he got.

Colton is in a press photo stamped 40 minutes after the shelter work shots. He looks a little disgruntled, but just the norm. He may or may not be in trouble at that point, but he certainly is not in EXTREME pain and he is standing up having a coconut.

We already had a long rant (on Insider, from Jonas I think) about how Colton did NOTHING to help with the new shelter build, so no need to account for him doing nothing again.

For me the argument supporting his med-evac is simply his absence on Day 3 at 4 pm, when all others are present.

1) He is out of it.
2) The emergency hasn't happened yet, and Colton has stepped out of frame.
3) The person taken out earlier is one of the five standing there (next to nil chance of that, but throwing it in to make list of options complete).

I realize they get more tree mail than we ever see, but normally it is also censored from the press photos if it is not going to be part of the episode, so that's why I thought it might be special tree mail.

We also see Salani in a circle looking mostly distressed. They wouldn't be distressed about Manono voting someone out, but they likely would be for a serious health issue. (Kim seems to be smiling, Kat almost crying.) My guess is they also get a communique?

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-20-12 at 08:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-12 AT 08:37 PM (EST)

I think that they get tree mail for challenges....that's it. They don't get tree mail for TC. That's why this is remarkable.

The fact that they are all there minus Colton and that they are receiving something important, which they wouldn't be receiving if all was well.

Also, don't forget we have those vidcaps of the Salani tribe as well. Chances are they received the important treemail as well.

I am convinced that Colton is out at that point. Now, what is going to shake up TC...possibly the one slated to go, will stay? Who else would go....Colton's BFF, Alicia, or "Don't get comfortable, Leif", or banged up old Tarzan? Let's just say that I can't see the guys voting off one of their own, so, imo, it's not looking good for Alicia.

ETA: Tullfan, there is a platform there at the aerial shot of the coconut trampoline challenge. If Jiffy stands on that, then the HII could be placed on a stool right next to him....as it was in the water basketball challenge. The coconut trampoline challenge could easily be the RC or the IC. I tend to think that if it's a three day cycle, and every other prior three day cycle has indeed had 2 challenges, an RC and an IC. This episode should be no different. We have had several times that we don't see any footage of a challenge. Especially with puzzles. I think Colton has been med-evac'd out, most likely, from the promos at dusk....most likely they go to the IC, compete with out him, and lose. Then they get the mysterious tree mail telling them Colton will be gone, and they must go to TC....or something like this...

Posted by tullfan on 03-21-12 at 09:34 AM
If Colton does not compete in the challenge at all then he is out of the game period and they would not need to get a tree mail to inform them of that. If Colton is taken out while the challenge is in progress (like Kourtney) then they might get a special tree mail but more likely production would just wait till Manono shows up a Tribal to break the news as they did with Kourtney.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-21-12 at 03:10 PM
It's really hard to figure out the timeline this episode. Christina in her skirt and red shirt makes us think that it's either early in the AM, or late toward the PM, or somewhere close to TC.

We have also tried to fit the timeline with shots of Jiffy and the medics and how much light appears to be in the jungle.

It's too hard to tell.

I do think that perhaps Colton is there for the IC, and perhaps collapses at some point between the end of the IC and 4 pm local time. Something has happened, I think, to warrant the tree mail at an odd time, imo. I just don't know.

At this point it's all mush! While I am on board with it being Colton as the med-evac, but I don't know about the second boot. What if there is only one removed via med-evac this ep and everyone else is spared. Would there still have to be a double boot in the future? That seems to be the critical question for me....???

Posted by VolcanicGlass on 03-21-12 at 06:10 PM
I haven't been around much this week (R/L). I haven't been able to read all the posts, just skimmed them, so I couldn't tell if someone else already brought this up.

I do remember of one time when a tribe got tree mail that was not challenge related. Ogakor was informed of Mike's injury/removal by tree-mail, which meant the tribes were going into the merge tied.

Another point that struck me is that we have all assumed that Christina running has something to do with the medevac, but it may not.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-21-12 at 06:47 PM
yes, they could definitely be getting that type of treemail, VG. The only reason to believe it's NOT a TC cancellation is the CBS teaser states there is a TC. So I lean towards the mail as notifying them that there IS going to be TC, which was perhaps in doubt for them?

Christina running could definitely be something else, although these folks don't have much energy, so I don't see why she would run unless time is of the essence.

------

Re timeline:

FP, I don't think we can know whether one boot or two works, because jurors can be pre-merge, and they could do it such that the first person out tonight (if there are two) is pre-juror, but the second person is jury. Or there could be one person out, non-juror. Or two non-jurors and it's a F10.

However, if it's a 14 episode season, as per usual, with a F3, then there are normally 5 in the Finale. Counting backwards, you need 12 people in Ep 7, which means that 1 person leaving is what they would want, optimally.

If 2 people leave, they have to reduce the number of players in the Finale to 4.
So I would say they will NOT want two people to leave, and would most likely cancel the vote if they have a confirmed permanent removal.

Someone please correct if those numbers are wrong.

Posted by VolcanicGlass on 03-21-12 at 09:07 PM
I didn't mention a tribe cancellation, just a merge with tied numbers. ;)

Posted by VolcanicGlass on 03-21-12 at 09:08 PM
... and by tribe cancellation, I meant TC cancellation.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-21-12 at 06:49 PM
My opinion is that the emergency happens later in the day, because there is quite a bit of light (side light, not overhead), and then it dims to no shadows or highlights.

If it happened in early morning light, it would brighten up as the sequence progresses.

"Well Done"
Posted by VolcanicGlass on 03-21-12 at 09:21 PM
Really cool work with vidcap analysis by lots of people this week. Sorry I missed it all, but it has been a great read. One more day might have given you/us the solution to the final TC enigma.

"RE: Well Done"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-22-12 at 05:34 AM
Yes, it was fun! Missed you, VG! *waves*

I think we almost had it. When people started asking about double boots after the "merge" ep 7 title came up, I FINALLY did the math and realized they could not afford to lose two people in Ep 6. I should have done it before.

When Colton went out, they had to make the decision to merge that night to salvage the "episode" cycle. Had they run the IC before he got sick, they would have been obligated to have a TC, if Manono had won. (yeah, I know.)

Shortly before show time, I became more and more of the mind there was no IC and they had planned it for Day 3, and Colton was "out" on Day 2. (Posted something like that in the Touts topic.)

But what I did not see was how there was still a TC if there was no IC, but I had gotten to the point of seeing that no one could go but Colton, so I may have made the leap to merge ...

I only get online two hours before showtime on Wed., so I'm always playing catch-up to what info broke that day. Show starts at 2 pm in my time zone.

All in all, great work, if I had it to do over, would have worked harder on figuring out the scene with Salani maybe. It's good to remember that every scene they give us probably does have an importance in the plot line, and more to it than the few seconds we get.