URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7853
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"It may mean nothing but............."

Posted by SOAR64 on 03-12-12 at 08:33 AM
I noticed on Sucks that one poster was reporting that several past Survivor contestants were being sequestered in a hotel in LA. If Survivor 25 is to consist of new contestants, Is it possible that since both 25 and 26 will be filmed before either are shown, that Mark Burnet may be filming the two seasons out of sequence? Since I am a new poster to this board, I was not sure if it is even acceptable for me to bring up this subject.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: It may mean nothing but............."
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-12-12 at 10:47 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-12 AT 10:47 AM (EST)

Hi Soar64:

Since I am a new poster to this board, I was not sure if it is even acceptable for me to bring up this subject.

Absolutely, yes, it's ok to post anything spoilerish regarding this season or a future season. It's a good idea to post the http address in regard to what you are referring to, so peeps here can easily access it. In other words, when possible please post the source of the speculation.

Also, it's a good idea to be as specific as possible in the Subject title, so peeps can see what the thread is discussing prior to opening it.

Thanks so much, and stick around and post away!

Posted by SOAR64 on 03-12-12 at 11:00 AM
Thanks for the info.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-13-12 at 00:55 AM
I don't think they would ever film it out of sequence. I thought 25 was to be second chance?

The filming in Caramoan should be starting soon.
Welcome to the board.

Posted by SpotTheDiffference on 03-13-12 at 02:06 AM
I'm supposed to be going to an area pretty close to the Caramoan from April 7-10. Not sure if filming should have already begun by this time, though.

April to May are the hottest months in the Philippines, with typhoons usually coming in starting mid-June and peaking at around September. However, it's the La Niña, which means rains should be coming in early.

Posted by Round Robin on 03-13-12 at 02:23 AM
If they're doing the next 2 seasons earlier than usual, as I have read elsewhere, the mid-June onset of typhoon season might be why.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-13-12 at 03:53 AM
I have heard that it has something to do with Jeff's new talk show premiering, but avoiding typhoon season is good too.

They announced it would film early months and months before they had confirmed the location.

Numerous international editions of Survivor have already filmed at this location, in fact there is already a Survivor Village in place to accommodate production, Gota Village Resort.

Here are reviews of it that mention Survivor:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g1563542-d1563543-r99683676-Gota_Village_Resort-Caramoan_Bicol_Region_Luzon.html

Click on the photos and you will see a typical cabin where the crew will stay.

SpotTheDifference,
that is very cool! Maybe you can slip over and take some pics! I think they might be filming by then.

Posted by SpotTheDiffference on 03-13-12 at 04:17 AM
If I remember correctly, an international version of Survivor filmed in Gota and had almost all of the women in one tribe quit because they couldn't handle one of the typhoons that passed through the area.

The local version of Survivor stopped filming and had the castaways brought into hotels for a while because of another typhoon. In that season, three people quit within the first three episodes because of the weather.

The Bicol region, which the Caramoans belong to, is the most exposed to strong Pacific typhoons as it's in the easternmost part of the Philippines with open seas surrounding it.

I'll see if I can try to take pictures. I can't promise anything though as I'm going on business. If anything, I can try to find out from locals if they've seen the Survivor crew and contestants, or give an up-to-date weather report.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-17-12 at 08:09 PM
Very interesting stuff ... I have not followed any international versions and hadn't heard about any of this. I would certainly not minimize the bummer factor of typhoon season.

I was just saying that the filming dates were firm as being early quite a bit before the location was firm, although I'm sure they had a good feel this was the location. I think it is about Jeff's new talk show schedule. He has to be in the USA to do it. If it is a success, there could be a question to whether he even stays on as host of Survivor. He has yet to sign for past S26.

Right now he doesn't know if it will be a hit or a dog, so he's covering all the bases. That's my impression from what I've read, although he wouldn't say that.

There have been concerns that the Gota Village Resort is not really equipped to handle the size of production that US Survivor involves. They seem to have a lot of trouble coordinating transport in and out for regular guests. I have faith that SEG can manage the challenges, but this resort is basically the only infrastructure in the area from what I can tell.

It's probably all closed to the public, or will be soon. Good luck though!

Posted by SpotTheDiffference on 03-18-12 at 02:36 AM
We've already tried to book a hotel in Gota Beach itself. The person we talked to said it's been closed to visitors since February all the way until August, which sounds about right if they're filming back-to-back episodes.

Island tours around the Caramoan are still accepting tourists, but a number of islands have been closed off, presumably as challenge locations or as tribe camps.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-18-12 at 08:33 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-12 AT 08:43 AM (EST)

Cool!
Dani at Skills has a photo of the sign!
http://survivorskills.com/forum/index.php?topic=8042.30

Dani has some gorgeous photos of the islands if one scrolls down this page:

http://survivorskills.com/forum/index.php?topic=8042.15

Interesting it's closed until August. They should be done by June I think, with both seasons.

Here is what DanieauBleu at Skills reposted from Reality Blurred (of info originally on the CBS site on the applications page).

Production on Survivor’s 25th and 26th seasons will take place about three months earlier next year than it usually takes place. The next two seasons will be filmed in March and April, and then May and June.

http://survivorskills.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=06e2f8a761b04f5a87fffeaa1b56ac81&topic=8039.0

Dani has some new updates from this last week:
MARCH 13th
I recieved some information today on how it's going for Survivor 25.

There are going to be returnees. The contestants began flying out to location yesterday to be part of the show, and at least one of them flew out of Los Angeles.
(in reply to tullfan's info that Russell, Cochran, Colton are still tweeting or scheduling chats)
tullfan: In regard to the latter, Mike Skupin posted on Facebook that he will be out of the country for a month.

Dani:
it's not a full fledged All Stars per say. Of course if a returnee was an all time fave of yours, then yeah, I guess saying All Star would be appropriate after all.

Posted by tullfan on 03-18-12 at 09:58 AM
Spoilers are beginning to be posted on Survivor Sucks about first time contestants on S25. It is very likely that S25 will have the same format as S22/S23 with 16 (or 18) first time contestants and 2 returnees. I would guess that the returnees are likely to be women this time.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 01:32 AM
I guess I was in denial, because I hate that format and would rather see half and half than two returnees. And if StephaME comes back I will be really turned off. If Parvati, grrrr .... Brenda, ugh .... I can't think of any women they would pick that I want to see again.

Posted by tullfan on 03-19-12 at 10:01 AM
Parvati likely won't be on S25 because she already won and the Redemption concept is for returnees that didn't win. Brenda likely won't be on S25 either because she only played once before and they need her for the next All Stars season which is likely to be S26.

Regarding female returnees for S25, Stephenie, Cirie and Amanda are the 3 most likely. All came very close to winning with the latter 2 coming close to winning twice.

If any of the returnees are men, we know that it won't be Rupert (thankfully) because he is running for Indiana Governor. I would think that James is the most likely male returneethough I hope that it is not him.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 10:08 AM
Ugh ... Cirie is the only one I'd sort of like to see get another chance, but it seems to me they would just vote her off early again. She plays for herself, not the team.

For a returnee to stick around, she must convince the tribe she can help pull them together. Steph did that in Guatemala -- doubt she could do it again.
I hate the Redemption concept.

Posted by tullfan on 03-19-12 at 07:06 PM
OFG,

After I posted here this morning, I had a brainstorm. I don't want to see Cirie, Amanda or Stephenie again either. Thinking to myself, if they bring back 2 contestants then they should bring back the 2 medevacs Mike Skupin and Russell Swan.

Well, I was just at Sucks and according to Polonium the 2 returnees for S25 will in fact be Mike Skupin and Russell Swan! I hope he is correct.

"missyae says S26 is for returnees..."
Posted by tribephyl on 03-17-12 at 07:19 PM
Via Twitter, Russell has this to say...

Lots of Survivors trying hard to get in shape for their return to season 26

"RE: missyae says S26 is for returnees..."
Posted by tullfan on 03-17-12 at 08:03 PM
Dani at Survivor Skills has posted info about S25 and she does confirm that there are returnees on S25. When I questioned her about it, she said that S25 is not a full fledged All Stars. I'm guessing that S25 cast will be like S22 and S23 and have 16 new people along with 2 returnees. The 2 returning contestants are likely to be women this time. Women who have played at least twice before and did not win (eg. Cirie, Amanda, Jerri, Stephenie).

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-17-12 at 08:12 PM
Whatever happened to Second Chance? They could do a second chance that was half and half like Fans v Faves.

Sounds like 26 could be full fledged All Stars. (Ugh, more prima donnas, more pre-show alliances, more of people I never want to see again.)

Amanda has stated she will never play again. She was very turned off by the special access given to Parvati prior to HvV. So we'll see.

Posted by tullfan on 03-17-12 at 08:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-12 AT 08:22 PM (EST)

From what I gather, SEG's idea of Second Chance is simply a cast of contestants that only played once before and did not win. It would be similar to the Unfinished Business season of Amazing Race. The cast of Survivor Second Chance could include contestants that made the Finals but did not win (eg. Phillip) down to contestants that were eliminated early because of unfortunate circumstances that deserve to be invited back (eg. Mike Skupin or Savage).

Regarding Amanda, remember Jerri stormed out of the All Stars reunion but she still returned for HvV. I take what most contestants say that they won't play again with a grain of salt. Parvati said the same thing after Fans vs. Favorites, yet she still came back for Heroes and Villains.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-18-12 at 08:39 AM
I agree that players say they won't play again and come back, for sure. They are exhausted when they are done ...

I said that about Amanda because she found out there was cheating going on, and that disillusioned her. She might not get over that. Then again she might.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-18-12 at 09:47 AM
I love that there was cheating going on and Sandra still beat these two.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-19-12 at 01:33 AM
There is that ... although Parv still got to F3 and got second place.