URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7852
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S24E5 title - ' A Bunch Of Idiots'"

Posted by Blind Freddy on 03-08-12 at 03:34 PM
Thread for title and teasers/touts and clues
As per VG, E5 title - 'A Bunch Of Idiots'

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"E5 Press Release"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 03-08-12 at 03:37 PM
Here's the CBS E5 Press release...

-------------------

IT'S NO LONGER MEN VERSUS WOMEN WHEN A NEW TRIBE OF "GREEK GODS" EMERGES, ON "SURVIVOR: ONE WORLD," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 14

CHEAT TWEET: It’s no longer men versus women! #Survivor Wed, March 14 @ 8pmET/PT! http://bit.ly/xFm8ZQ

"A Bunch of Idiots" — It’s no longer men versus women when a new tribe of “Greek Gods” emerges, and two castaways shake up their entire tribe with an award-winning performance, on SURVIVOR: ONE WORLD, Wednesday, March 14 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
----------------------------

"award-winning performance"
Posted by beaglemaster on 03-08-12 at 04:38 PM
Is that an Olympic award-winning performance?

Or

An Oscar award-winning performance?

I'm going with Oscar

"RE: award-winning performance"
Posted by michel on 03-09-12 at 08:30 AM
I'm with you; an acting job would shake up their own tribe. Winning a competition would shake the other.

"RE: E5 Press Release"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-08-12 at 05:11 PM
A new tribe of "Greek Gods" emerges...

Someone makes the observation that they are on a tribe of "Greek Gods", or someone from the other tribe notes that the nuSalani tribe is like a tribe of "Greek Gods"....or something like this...

Two castaways shake up their entire tribe with an award-winning performance...

Possibly?

Posted by tribephyl on 03-08-12 at 07:43 PM
It would be difficult to piece together a tribe with all the brawns and brains on it. Thankfully, through randomness, it happens that Kim, Chelsea, Sabrina, Kat, Michael, Jay and Troyzan end up on the muchly desirable tribe of GreekGods.
Most likely a moniker bestowed upon them NOT given to themselves. None of them, aside from Troyzan perhaps seem likely to utter such a thing. More likely it comes from a bitter Manono.

And since the teases 'generally' feature dynamics from both tribes, it would fit that 2 new-manono shake up the proceedings to the upcoming TC.
Jonas and Colton? Well, it didn't say anything about unlikely pair so sure, Jonas and Colton, plot together to decide whom should go next.
To me, Leif looks most in trouble. But it is also dependent on who f'd up the challenge the most.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 03-09-12 at 01:51 AM
Agreed. I can definitely see Colton making a snarky comment that the other team is the "Greek God" tribe and he has a bunch of idiots.

Jonas' confessional that he's OK with being Colton's ##### is another point of evidence that these are the two that hatch a plan and give an award winning performance. On the other hand, I could also see Colton secretly aligning with the women but acting like he's going to stick with the men.

Posted by michel on 03-09-12 at 08:33 AM
The act could be to draw votes on one of the pair, make that person appear isolated and then play the HII.

"RE: S24E5 title - ' A Bunch Of Idiots'"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 03-09-12 at 01:59 AM
Here's Jeff Probst's tease for the week (from EW):
"Next week — history repeats itself. Good luck figuring that one out — even after it happens. In fact, a free buff for the first person who guesses correctly what I am referring to re: history…repeats…itself."

So what would history repeating itself be? Sounds like it's another head-scratcher. My first thought was, would the Greek God team (girls in majority) purposely lose so that they could vote out a guy vs. lose the female majority by letting one of Christina/Alicia/Monica get voted out? (Although it's hard to imagine competitive women like Sabrina/Kim/Chelsea purposely losing -- especially to save someone like Alicia or Monica.) Or would it have something to do with the idol being played or passed? Other ideas? Would love to see Colton blindsided and go home with it in his pocket, ha!

Posted by AaronLittleton on 03-09-12 at 03:34 AM
"would love to see Colton blindsided and go home with it in his pocket"

That's what I was hoping when I read this, Squid!

Posted by tribephyl on 03-09-12 at 07:02 AM
exactly what I thought too.
Colton even made a point of saying "he's no james" at TC 2.
What "irony" that Colton would indeed leave, with idol in pocket, and a fabulous performance from Jonas and Christina/Monica leading up to it. *crosses fingers*
so far...
Gut says: Colton
Heart says: Leif
Brain says: Monica

Posted by Round Robin on 03-09-12 at 07:03 AM
Don't know if it'll be that, but that @sshole will eventually get his comeuppance, you can take that to the bank. He's too arrogant not to.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-09-12 at 07:38 AM
Hi Squid! Regarding your first thought, I don't think that there is any way that the likes of them will purposely lose anything. In fact, it sure appears that the nuManono tribe will be in deep trouble...imo.

Colton is feeling so in control that I can see it wouldn't be hard to deceive him....as I spec'd last episode. He is the one that is all over the promo's...I'd say that he and Alicia are qualifiers for the OFG theory...so far.

To get Colton out, all it would take is one guy turning on him. Don't see Gregzan turning on him, and we hear Jonas saying he'll be his beyotch....comes down to Leif. But, will Colton want to flip to the girls? If he does and the guys get wind of it, they'll all vote him out, and then it would just take one girl...either Christina or Monica...? In order to deceive him so he feels comfortable perhaps it would take 2 castaways in an award winning performance?

Posted by parathor on 03-09-12 at 09:55 AM
I like that theory!

In the various previews we see Colton with Alicia being all friendly, and Colton with Jonas being all friendly, and my gut says that one of these pairs has someone lying/award-winning performance. I hesitate to say the two are both Jonas and Alicia, but I suppose it could be. One of these is the red herring preview.

Colton's gang is in control on his new tribe, but Colton has said that he would much rather be with the women. We've seen him berate Leif and roll his eyes at Gregzan, so I could see one of those two being in trouble, with Colton blindsiding them. Leif is the easy pick (short male with a beard), since "he can't be trusted."

I don't think Colton will use his HII, or give it to someone. He seems arrogant and selfish.

Alternative idea: The nuSalani (Greek Gods), ironically, LOSE a challenge, or actually do throw it in the middle of the challenge (Kim and Sabrina seem smart and could come up with that strategy right then), to save the women on the other tribe, and throw out Troyzan (most likely, due to the confessional tracker spike/dip)

Posted by Blind Freddy on 03-09-12 at 11:54 AM
Re: "Alternative idea: The nuSalani (Greek Gods), ironically, LOSE a challenge, or actually do throw it in the middle of the challenge (Kim and Sabrina seem smart and could come up with that strategy right then), to save the women on the other tribe, and throw out Troyzan (most likely, due to the confessional tracker spike/dip)"

Except for this...
Sabrina E4 confessional:
Posted/Transcibed by 'James Barber'(ty James)
http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/92734/One-World-Insider-Episode-4
-------------
Sabrina - 'Jonas and the Net'
Sabrina: "Jonas, he doesn't have a suave way about asking things. As soon as he thought we were leaning towards no, he was, (speeds her words), 'That's OK, we just wanted to ask, we're eating fine anyhow.' No. If you were eating fine anyhow you wouldn't have come over with this proposition. People don't like his tone, or how he comes over. If he would just shut up and let Troy talk...we all pretty much like Troy, so we might have a deal. It's his ego, and I don't know if it's his culture or his personality, very stoic, doesn't really smile. That doesn't get you far out here. You gotta learn how to turn that on and off out here. He hasn't mastered that at all."
--------------------

BF comment:
So it seems behind the scenes Troy is well liked by the women...Jonas...not-so-much.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-09-12 at 12:04 PM
Interesting. The average viewer wouldn't see this about Jonas so it looks like they're hiding his negativity as much as possible ... because he lasts further into the game than people might think/expect?

Posted by dabo on 03-09-12 at 12:08 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-12 AT 12:37 PM (EST)

Good point. Troy is a photographer, used to bantering with people to get them relaxed, get a good shot. Sushi chef -- admittedly I know nothing of that field -- but he was probably trying to find a way to better emphasize his skills feeding people, working towards an end result.

It was a good deal for the women, they just didn't need it. Curiously, though, it was after that, after the IC, that we saw Jonas with the fishing net. Or a net.

Posted by parathor on 03-09-12 at 02:24 PM
Didn't see that, but I can understand it. I like Troy, too. I guess my alternative idea depends on whether Jonas and Troy are on the same switched tribes or not, with the predicted women majority or not, as to whether they get rid of Troy, Michael, Jay... or Jonas... or someone else...

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-10-12 at 07:06 AM
>>> It's his ego, and I don't know if it's his culture or his personality, very stoic, doesn't really smile. That doesn't get you far out here. You gotta learn how to turn that on and off out here. He hasn't mastered that at all."

Interesting. I've been living around guys like Jonas for a decade now, so he doesn't seem odd or stiff to me, just seems normal.

Japanese-American men have run Hawai'i since post WWII. They have power here. People defer to them and look to them for favors, not the other way around. Japanese culture is patriarchal; Hawaiian culture has a strong matriarchal side, but young women don't get that respect until they are aunties.

Jonas is probably a perfectly fun guy when he's taling pidgin to his brah's, but maybe a little stiff otherwise.

I know at my house we thought the women were too stupid to pass up a deal where a skilled fisherman was offering to split his catch, with no work on their part, because they would rather eat snails? I empathized with Jonas' frustration.

As far as sushi chef goes, I don't know any personally, but I've known other chefs, and they all have an ego, It comes with the territory.

I know this much about the sushi tradition: There are rules; there is tradition, and RESPECT is part of it. Respect the chef, and the chef respects you. Jonas most likely encounters a great deal of respect in his normal life. Sushi creation is an art and there is a real mastery to it.

Honestly, if a sushi master chef were to offer to catch fish for me, I would be far from snotty about it. I would consider it an honor.

Posted by CTgirl on 03-10-12 at 01:32 PM
Jonas has a net here from last week's vidcaps. Don't know if it's the girls or part of the earlier supplies.

However I am wondering if the second half of the story wasn't told to reinforce the "girl power" theme for this season. The girls "don't need the guys" so they only showed the part that helped tell that story. They could have ended up giving Jonas the net after a group decision.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-11-12 at 06:27 AM
Funny how we see different stories. I see a story that the girls. We'd the guys, have used the guys, and scoff at the guys when they think they the girls are in top. They cant use the net or the boat properly, but they won't share and would rather eat snails. I would. It feel like a winner for eating snails instead of fish.

The girls got it together a little, but their fire skills have sucked. I really didn't see their story being softened although I'm sure they could have looked even less together.

I suspect there was no time to resolve the net story as there were bigger fish to fry later on.

Posted by glennyfromtheblock on 03-11-12 at 08:16 AM
The only other thing I can think of would be the performance coming from someone plus Alicia, to convince the men in the majority that Monica or, most likely, Christina is a key member of the female alliance in order to get her booted over Alicia. My only reason this could be an option is that Monica and particularly Christina are being edited like pre-jury fodder, and that is the only feasible way I could see them being booted at the moment.

Although, I agree, Colton + Jonas + Idol seems most likely.

"Speculation"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-11-12 at 10:51 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-12 AT 10:54 AM (EST)

Jonas strikes me as someone's sidekick. Seems as though he attached himself to Troyzan pretty quickly, re the editing and the insider clips. Now that the tribes are going to be shuffled, and he'll be separated from Troyzan, look to him to attach to someone else. We see him with Colton in the promo. But, I wouldn't be surprised at all someone on the nuManono tribe comes up with the plan to kick Colton, and Jonas jumps on board quickly.

Speculation on who will set the wheels in motion to kick Colton: I bet that Monica is the most at risk currently on the nu Manono tribe. Let's speculate that she is. If she goes than the girls are going to know that they are dead women walking if they don't get something going. One of them, most likely Christina, imo, who is "supposedly smart" will enlist Alicia's help, and perhaps Jonas' help. They will get Leif on board. Gregzan is definitely in the Colton camp, fwiw, imo.

Were we shown this for a reason?

I know this shot was taken from episode 1, but the editors stamped the word "alliances" right over it....Will Christina and Jonas align to take out the "super villain"? It would be a "big move" for Jonas. He could take out the HII and Colton, history will repeat itself, and the men still have the majority. Jonas could have his cake and eat it too. I don't think this will happen until they are down one woman, however....or could it? Food for thought.

History repeating itself will happen THIS week. So, perhaps the girls and Jonas will pull a BIG move on Colton this week. What kind of history repeating itself would lead to a Monica boot this week?

"Part II Speculation..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-11-12 at 12:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-12 AT 12:43 PM (EST)

Someone at Sucks posted that when Jiffy was asked to tease us up for next week he said...Jeff Probst Tout tease -

All right. Next week on Survivor. Oh we're teasing it right now. There it is. I can only say this. Episode 6 is a historic episode for one specific reason. Try to guess.

Most at Sucks are speculating that Jiffy made an error and should have said Episode 5 is a historic episode for one specific reason.

But, I don't want US to make an error. What if Jiffy's statement was correct....that episode 6 is indeed the historic episode for one specific reason....most likely Colton goes home with an idol in his pocket? I would bet that it will happen, and it will happen either this week or next. Next week is the natural progression. Guys would be up 4 to 2 women, Colton thinks it's in the bag, girls are going...1 - 2 - 3.

I also don't want us to ASSume that it's next week and not this week...

"RE: Part II Speculation..."
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-11-12 at 05:12 PM
I am with you on your reasoning.
OTOH, I lean towards Jiffy error for this reason:
He said he would tease up next week (Ep 5), and if you take away the tease for "Ep 6" that leaves zilch teased for next Ep. I don't think he would completely leapfrog over next episode, as his whole purpose in touting is to secure ratings for the upcoming episode. What do you think?

Posted by Georjanna on 03-11-12 at 06:41 PM
Maybe it isn't so much error as it is a different math employed by the host: counting the TV Guide Preview as - as it is for him - the Season's (first billable) Episode 1 .

G

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-11-12 at 06:57 PM
It's Jiffy. The same dude who says every tribal council is the MOST.SHOCKING.TC.EVER! He probably doesn't know which week it is, let alone which country he's tweeting from.

I'm on the side of it being a bit of a slip.

Posted by tullfan on 03-11-12 at 07:47 PM
Perhaps Jeff thinks that Ep. 5 is nothing out of the ordinary aside from the tribal swap and decided to give a tease for episode 6. Don't forget that Jeff will be leaving for the Philippines to film season 25 in a bit so there might not be any more touts from him for the rest of the season.

I have tried not to mention this but our old friend Jim Early (aka missyae) has been sending tweets to people, who want to stop watching because of Colton, reassuring them that Colton will be voted out in episode 6. His tweets could very well be attention seeking BS. I remember that he had me believing on twitter that Ashley/Natalie were going to blindside Rob in S22 and we all saw how that worked out.

Contrarily, at Sucks, Polonium has posted a spoiler that Monica and Christina are voted out in the next 2 episodes as well as some additional information.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Posted by jasonkola on 03-11-12 at 08:12 PM
I am confident Jeff means episode Ep5 not Ep6. The title of his tout is "Next week tease" and He even starts the Tout by saying "Next week on Survivor". Here is the Tout in case you want to check it out.

http://www.tout.com/m/mnd9n1

Posted by baddove on 03-11-12 at 08:25 PM
Polo has a lot more cred than JimEarly.

Posted by CTgirl on 03-11-12 at 08:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-12 AT 08:48 PM (EST)

Who is that on the screen that Jeff points to when he's touting the next episode? Is is Jonas? Maybe Jonas does try to take Coulton out and that's what Jiffy is teasing.

Posted by jasonkola on 03-11-12 at 09:14 PM
That is Jonas. But Jeff always touts while the episode in airing and you can often see the episode on the TV in the background. That was him pointing at the "next time on survivor" tease that comes at the end of Ep4 as it was airing.

Posted by CTgirl on 03-11-12 at 10:34 PM
OK, thanks. I guess I was trying to read too much into it.

I've only watched one of his previous touts. He annoys me no end!

Posted by tullfan on 03-12-12 at 09:47 AM
I've been thinking about history repeating itself along with the press release teaser that 2 castaways shake up their entire tribe with an award winning performance. For an award winning performance, I am remembering Amanda along with her BFF Parvati at the TC where they put on a performance to mislead everyone from thinking that Amanda had found the HII.

I'm thinking that Colton gives his idol to Alicia to use and together they do a send up of the Amanda/Parvati performance at TC. I would think that the other men would rather keep the other 2 women over Alicia and this is the only way that Colton could save her. This antic could likely send Colton packing at the next TC unless he and Alicia somehow convince the others that Alicia had found and played the Salani idol. Alicia could in fact find the Salani idol but as there isn't a lot of time left before the swap, that is less likely.

Posted by b1whois on 03-12-12 at 08:07 PM
i am thinking "history repeating itself" is a three-way vote split plan with award-winning acting to carry the show. no use of an idol, that would be too easy for jeff's tout.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-14-12 at 05:02 PM
Bump