URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 784
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"America's choice sucks"

Posted by bacon on 08-26-05 at 10:58 AM
We're voting on which sappy phone call we get to hear. How awesome! If it were up to me nobody would win. I don't want these people to be able to talk to friends/family/boyfriends/girlfriends. Screw that! They should suffer for their money.

But since it is in our hands who will win? I think Janelle is the most popular, and well liked, player right now. But something tells me she won't win just because of who she chose to talk to. I mean, you haven't seen your family for like 2 or 3 months and you chose to talk to some turd you met in the house? That's just weird. So I think the winner will be Howie.

On the other hand, I still hope Janelle wins it because the conversation between her and Michael would probably be amusing and not too sappy. So what the hell, if I actually voted I'd vote for Janelle. I like Howie and all but he has played such an incredibly dumb game that he probably doesn't deserve that call.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: America's choice sucks"
Posted by Swami on 08-26-05 at 11:50 AM
In the live show, Janelle was asked if she could spend one day away from the show, where would she go? She answered that she would love to go back to MN and see her mom and talk to friends & family at home. This was "live" so CBS couldn't edit it.

Her DR response of "I would love to talk to Michael because..." sounded to me like she was just answering BB's specific question of 'why would you want to talk to Michael' and then BB chose that piece to edit in for the America's Choice spot.

Do I think CBS would decide what they wanted Janelle to say and then ask enough questions to get an answer they wanted? Do I read the Live Feeds? (Yes and yes.) CBS is totally obsessed with hook-ups. They put words in her mouth.

I will vote for Janelle because I like the way she is playing the game much better than the other remaining players. Plus she got screwed by winning HOH and only having it for one lousy day.

Also, I think Janelle is smart enough and knows the game well enough to know that 'The Phone Call Home' America's Choice was coming up, and remember that CBS had a variety of answers from her on tape--so she picked the answer she really wanted when Julie asked her open-ended question (hoping, no doubt, for a "see Micheal" answer.)

I like Janie. She smart.

And I hate the Friendship! Giving AC to Janelle would really annoy the crap out of all those smug idiots currently "reigning" over the House.

"RE: America's choice sucks"
Posted by EnglProf on 08-26-05 at 12:00 PM
This makes sense except that the houseguests get to choose who they want to talk to right? And they wouldn't show Janelle saying why she'd want to talk to Michael and then have her get a phone call from her mom. (At least in past seasons, the phone call has always been from who the houseguest was shown saying he/she'd want to talk to).

So, my guess is that Janelle said she'd want to talk to Michael, or at the very least, said she'd want to talk to her fam. OR to Michael and CBS went ahead and picked the more "scintillating" option for her.

I completely agree about it pissing everybody in the house off if she were to get the phone call, but since she said she'd talk to Michael, I just don't see it happening, and I still maintain that the Sovereign's fans' votes will be split between Howie and Janelle, and that somebody else is going to win this thing. Dammit!

Handcrafted by RollDdice