URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7831
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"SOTS Episode 1, Survivor: One World"

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-14-12 at 09:54 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-12 AT 08:23 PM (EST)

State of the Spoiling, Season Premier,
Survivor: One World

Welcome back to Survivor Blows and the beginning of the new season, Survivor: One World. Before we embark on this journey we love, let me be the first to remind you to be nice and play fair, and make sure to peruse the guidelines, located here. They have served us well through the years.

Meet the Cast

Time to meet the cast. I have divided them by tribes, and as always, ladies first...

SALANI

To find out more about each player, click on their picture to see the CBS bio.

MANONO

...And, last but not least our host....Jiffy:

Survivor 24: One World

Survivor: One World was introduced to us by Jiffy at the Reunion show for Survivor23. The first glimpse of the new show provided us with lots of vidcaps to chew on, and the Pre-Show Vidcaps thread brought to us by Tribephyl was born. We speculated on the daws of the season, and noted that there were multiple challenges shown.

OFG started the SOW Cast Spoilers thread, located here. I believe that most of the cast spoilers were done by Castaway208 who posted at Sucks. OFG also brought over to Blows a spoiler originally posted at RealityFanForum. The poster claims to have been on a flight to Fiji, from Samoa. He/she claims to have been on the flight with what they describe as booted Survivor 24 players. I will note the spoiler in invisible ink for those that want to know what they said...

It included a tall clean cut blond guy; a tattooed white girl with short, dark hair; a white girl with long dark hair; a slightly bearded short white guy with dark hair, and a black guy hair that was froish. These folks were all young (under 40) and "actor looking."

*To read the above spoiler, scroll over to see the print...

So far, this information cannot be verified...time will tell!

OFG also has a Spoilerish Bits of Info thread. She notes there that Kourtney has broken her arm! We know it must have happened while she was out of the US on her Survivor adventure, but we don't know exactly when it happened.

Additionally, Dalton Ross has told us that there WILL be a medivac this season. Let the speculating begin!

A few notable photos of before Survivor and after Survivor include these:
Before:

After:

**I want to clarify....when I found the later picture of the skinny Jay on Facebook it was labeled 2010, which would have made the picture pre-Survivor. But, keep in mind, if he posted that picture on facebook, he could have labeled it anything he wanted to. But, on further examination, would one wear very old trunks on the show? I don't think so, I would think that he would wear brand new trunks on the show. If that were the case than the above shot is POST Survivor. I believe that it is post survivor, but there is some question...I'll let you decide.

On January 18, EW.com had an article that announced the cast as well as some new twists for the game, as seen here. OFG notes the new twists in her post here. These are the highlights:

One camp
The biggest change will be that both tribes will live together at the same camp. The show experimented with this format briefly during a fake merge on Survivor: Thailand (and also had 20 contestants live together at the start of Survivor: Palau before splitting them into two tribes) but this will be the first time two separate tribes have cohabitated for an extended period of time.

Men vs. Women
The season will also mark a return to the battle of the sexes format of Survivor: The Amazon and Survivor: Vanuatu with one tribe (Manono) being all men and the other tribe (Salani) being all women. “We wondered what would happen if we forced them to live together with no rules,” says host Jeff Probst. “You can build one camp, two camps, not have any camps. Men can sleep over with the women, women can sleep over with the men, or you can never talk at all. You can do whatever you want. But when it comes to the challenges, it is men versus women. And that gave us tons of new stuff to play with.”

Redemption gone but may reanimate another season
But that is not the only change to the format. After two seasons, Redemption Island is out, which means that more reward challenges are back in. But the absence of Redemption Island does not mean the twist is completely dead and buried for future installments. “We never want to get locked into anything,” says Probst. “We did the same thing with Exile Island. We left it and then we came back to it and we changed it when we came back. I don’t think Redemption Island is done, necessarily.”

DIY Challenges--No Probst Doesn't Mean No Host
Among the other new wrinkles is the introduction of something Probst calls “Do It Yourself Challenges,” a few of which will be sprinkled throughout the season. (A similar experiment took place on Survivor: Samoa when confused contestants arrived at a challenge only to find some crates and no Probst.)

This time, these Probst-less competitions will take place back at camp. Tribes will receive materials and instructions informing them of the rules so that they can then conduct their own challenge. “So they figure out how they’re going to run it, who’s going to participate, and then they run it,” Probst explains. “There’s no judge there. There’s no person to moderate it. You guys figure it out. We were hoping somebody might step up and decide to become the annoying host and say things like, ‘Pick up the pace! You dropped a coconut!’ And sure enough, that’s what happens.”

But the impact felt from these Do It Yourself Challenges will not stop there. “You have the question of, what do you do with all the materials from the challenge?” says Probst. “In one case, we do a challenge with a gigantic rope and when you’re done, you have this massive rope and now you can utilize it in your camp somehow.”

HII Politicking
The way hidden immunity idols are played will also be different in season 24. This time, there will be two idols hidden at the camp — one for each tribe — but finding your tribe’s idol does not guarantee your safety. Instead, as Probst explains, “When you find the idol, you can’t use it for yourself. You have to give it to someone from the other tribe.” The trick will be picking the right person to give it to, and perhaps getting concessions in return — not to mention lobbying for the other team’s idol once someone finds it.

First little person
As for the contestants, early attention will surely be on Leif Manson, Survivor’s first little person. “It’s great because he’s a fan of the show,” says Probst. “He wants to be out there and he’s well aware that this is a show in which any difference can get you voted out, and he comes with a very clear physical difference — he’s half the size of anybody else.”

Colton the Villain
Of course, no Survivor is complete without a villain, and Probst says this season’s baddie comes in the form of gay Republican Colton Cumbie. “He doesn’t know it, but he is a full-on villain. He thinks he’s the most charming guy ever. He’s a devil and I don’t even think he’s disguised.”

Tarzan and Troyzan
And in the truly bizarre category, Survivor: One World features one contestant (plastic surgeon Greg Smith) who insists on being called Tarzan, and another (Sports Illustrated swimsuit-model photographer Troy Robertson) who goes by the nickname of Troyzan. (Sadly, none of the women are named Jane.)

Jiffy came out with his pre-season Cast Assessment, and tullfan brought it to Blows, here.

Episode 1: Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules

Blind Freddy brought us the title of the premier episode, located here. He brought us the CBS Misdirection Clues as well:

1. It’s a battle of the sexes when tribes are separated into men versus women, but they are in dismay when they learn of a game-changing twist – they must share one beach. Vidcaps give evidence that the tribes unload the truck first....and, this little tidbit regarding the unloading of the truck....On arrival at the campsite, both tribes were given 60 seconds to grab as many supplies and utensils as they could. The women were fast out of the blocks and grabbed a lot of stuff. Mike spent his 60 seconds calmly raiding their stash and taking all their stuff for the men's tribe. By the time the women realized what had happened, all they had left were some bananas, from HuffPost TV. Then, they are split up into Men vs. Women....

They are most likely given directions to their respective camps. They complete the trek, not realizing they have been given maps that while leading off in different directions, actually end up at the exact same place. Here are the girls reaction...(Note Alicia's face!)

Girls have a quick bonding moment before the men show up, perhaps...

Then, the men arrive...

2. Meanwhile, castaways are shocked when a tribe’s true colors are revealed at a competitive immunity challenge.

So, someone will say something below the belt, or perhaps infer something, or will refuse to share....whatever. There will be drama and repercussions. We hear Colton in a promo declare to the girls, If they want to play this game, I will destroy them! Could he be responding to what Matt declares in a confessional...The strong stay, and the weak go?

No doubt there will be:

RC/IC Free Fallin'

Thanks to the TVGuide Preview, brought to us by Survivor Fever, located here, here, and here, we know that there is one combined RC/IC. It begins with them at the top of a platform on their respective sides. On Jiffy's go, one at a time they climb down stairs then jump into a net...

...then roll down the net to get to another platform. Once all members are on the platform, they race up to another platform and then do a balance beam task...

....single file, again. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more components to this challenge then the fall and balance beam portions. Who wins?

Additionally, will Kourtney break her arm in the very first challenge? I say, YES, she will. And here is some evidence, thanks to OFG for being a dog on a bone with Kourtney in the first challenge, that led me to find it...

Here are the girls pre-start:

First off, this picture....Kourtney jumping onto the net...

That is EXACTLY the way you break your wrist...Colles Fracture of the radius. You land on your bum, with your hands out behind you. You let the wrist take the force instead of your bum. Looking at her, if she were to break her arm here, it would be her right arm, as she is leaning to that side.

...from the caps above, which appear to be taken almost at the exact same time, I have put them in order, you can see that Kourtney is there, as you have noted. You can see that Kourtney is leaning over, could she be leaning over as if she were hurting?

Then, the final proof....I have circled Kourtney seen here, kneeling on the platform and holding her hurt right broken arm/wrist.....

You can see that she is most likely holding her hurt right arm...This one vidcap seals it for me, Kourtney breaks her wrist while on her first jump into the net. Most likely, the guys tribe is not sympathetic and shows their true colors...

THANK-YOU, bml1980 at Survivor Sucks for first pointing Kourtney out! What a find! Great job!

Among the thousands of vidcaps CBS has disclosed in preparation for this season, we have been given multiple challenge shots. We have organized them in to "Pre-tribal shuffle challenges" that are located here, and "Post-tribal shuffle challenges", located here.

I will sum them all up for you here! First of all, we have 2 challenges that are seen while the tribes are still in their men vs. women format. These are referred to as pre-tribal shuffle. They include the Belted challenge, where there is firm evidence that the Salani Women win....

Blind Freddy labeled them all here, and spotted Jay on the bench...

I also noted Colton on the bench...

There are definitively 2 men sitting out.

Blind Freddy also noted that they tribes were wearing belts with a connecting latch hook...

Similar to the challenge from last season, noted here....

May or may not be a similar challenge, however you can bet they are going to untangle themselves somehow...

The second Pre-tribal shuffle challenge with the original Men vs. Women format is this challenge, the tic tac toe sling shot challenge...

Greg/Tarzan:

Troyzan:

Alicia:

Sabrina:

We also got a preview of this challenge most likely, in the TVGuide Channel Previews...

There are several theories on these challenges. First, they both occur after episode 1, and before the IC that we know is post tribal shuffle, the water basketball challenge. At LEAST one of these challenges must be in episode 2, perhaps both. Jiffy did say that because there will be no redemption island this season that we would be seeing the return of some reward challenges. My speculation is that the belted challenge that we see the girls winning is most likely for reward in episode 2. But, we have 2 guy sit-outs...what does that mean? It definitively means 2 women were removed before this challenge takes place, one via medivac, Kourtney, and the other at TC, the bootee.

I think the sling shot challenge is for the IC. Why? Because I don't think that they would allow Greg to play while Jay sits if it was for immunity. Granted, Greg could be good at puzzles, the point is, Jay is most likely one of their best physical competitors, definitely over Leif, Jonas?

We know that the girls will win the belted challenge.

Before I speculate winners, I will present the challenges that are now POST-tribal shuffle. First we have the water basketball challenge where the vidcaps can be found here. Let me break down the post tribal teams for you:

NEW SALANI:

Kat...

Sabrina...

Monica...

Sit out....Kimberly, note shoes...

If you go back over their arrival vidcaps, Kim, Alicia, Kat all have white sneakers, but Kim is the only one that is not seen of the women in the basketball water challenge. She is most likely the one sit out of the challenge, at least that is my speculation. We also know she is on the blue tribe post shuffle aka leaky water barrel challenge shots.

Jay...

Michael...

Bill...

Matt or Troy??...seen around Colton...

NEW MANONO

Alicia...

Christina...

Mystery woman being held by Sabrina(?Chelsea?)...

Leif...

Colton(being dunked by Jay in shorts identified in front of Colton)...

Jonas...

Greg(seen here right before getting in the water with his tribemate, Christine)...

To sum, I speculate that the new Salani/Blue tribe will be: Kat, Sabrina, Monica, Kim, Jay, Michael, ?Matt/?Troy, Bill. I think that at the merge there will be 8 guys left in the game and 7 girls, so the guys will be divided evenly and the girls will be divided 3/4. That is why I believe that Bill will end up on the Blue tribe. I predict the new Manono tribe will be: Alicia, Christina, Chelsea, Leif, Colton, Jonas, Greg.

I predict the tribal shuffle will take place pre-immunity challenge in episode 3. 3 people will already be removed from the game, 2 women and 1 man. There are absolutely no pictures post episode 1 of: Kourtney, Nina, and Chelsea. But, one of them is captured in the water basketball challenge being held by Sabrina. So, only 2 of them are gone. There are no post tribal shuffle pictures of: Matt or Troyzan. One of them is most likely toast before the water basketball challenge.

I have to speculate if Castaway208 was so great at spoiling the cast, and he originally ID'd Matt as the guy on the left of the leaky water barrel challenge, then shouldn't Matt still be in the game at this time? Clearly, he had some inside info? He may have been wrong that that particular person was Matt, but could Matt still be viable by this challenge? OTOH, Matt is seen in vidcaps getting into a fight with the women, and Jay is seen holding him back....Matt is making trouble....could be bad for him....?

LEAKY WATER BARREL CHALLENGE

Involves carrying a barrel with multiple holes all over it. It's a post tribal shuffle challenge that most likely occurs post episode 3, but it could occur as early as RC in ep 3. I was able to identify Jay by his shorts that he is seen wearing here...

Compare to these...

The girl was ID'd as Kimberly by the bathing suit,and the guy on the right was ID'd as Michael by his shoes.

Then, there is one more challenge, which I think is post merge. The post merge color was spoiled to be black by CBS. Take a close look at Kim's buff in these shots...

And, note that she is tossing to a red stake....an individual color for an individual challenge, as spec'd by baddove....

OK, now that we have covered all of the challenges seen in the pre-show promos, here is my speculation regarding the time line...there is definitely room for error!

Tribes arrive via the truck and are given 60 seconds to unload what they can take to their respective sites. Michael steals the girls unloaded stuff. Jiffy divides them into women vs. men and hands them their maps. They take off and arrive separately to the same site. Women arrive first, then men. Camp life begins, and the shelters are started. I believe there are 2 different shelters at first.

Then, they are summoned to the challenge site, via tree mail. RC/IC: Free Fallin. Men win. Kourtney breaks her arm and stays after the challenge for medical review. Some kind of drama ensues. One tribe shows their true colors...drama. More importantly, I do believe that Kourtney will be removed from the game. They do, however, have to go to TC and vote someone out...

Challenge winner: Manono

Medivac: Kourtney

Boot: Nina

Idols found: NONE

Time line post episode 1: Ep 2 RC: Belted challenge, winner: Salani
Ep 2 IC: CoCo Connection Sling shot challenge, winner: Salani
**The Manono men MUST lose the ep 2 challenge because ALL of the remaining women are seen in the basketball water challenge and beyond.
Bootee: Troyzan or Matt

Ep 3: If there is no reward challenge in ep 2, then ep 3 RC could be one of the challenges in ep 2, I still believe the Salani tribe will win. However, I do believe the tribal shuffle will occur in episode 3 when there are 2 women out of the game and one man out of the game. Shuffle occurs when there are 15 still in the game. Most likely the men are split evenly between the new Salani and Manono, and the girls are split 3/4. I speculate that the winner will be: new Salani *It's not a good sign, nor strategy when the shortest player, Leif, is guarding the tallest player, Michael.

Like I said, there is definitely room for ERROR...

Please stop by the vote thread, here.
Definitely throw your 2 cents in Veruca's thread, the Players, the Game, the Editing.

Sorry, such a LONNNNNG post! Thanks Tribephyl for the GORGEOUS icon for the SOTS, you are amazing!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Rationale that it is Chelsea that remains..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-14-12 at 12:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-14-12 AT 12:19 PM (EST)

There are 2 pictures that contain the mystery woman that is NOT voted out, or medivac'd out, and here she is,...

1: Seen here in front of Sabrina...

2. Seen here, we see her elbow up to the far left of the frame, getting ready to high 5 someone...(thank you Blind Freddy)

From these 2 shots I speculate that it is indeed Chelsea that remains in the game, while Nina is voted out in episode one.

Here are comparison shots, note that Nina has a tatoo on her left wrist...

"RE: Rationale that it is Chelsea that remains..."
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 02-15-12 at 08:40 AM
This was SO great and mind-boggling.
The only thing wrong with it is it totally blows your sales pitch that a SOTS isn't much effort.

"RE: Rationale that it is Chelsea that remains..."
Posted by jbug on 02-15-12 at 10:02 AM
I agree! I was blown away with all the detail and work that was put into this!
Awesome SOTS!

Crusin w/ Tribe

"RE: SOTS Episode 1, Survivor: One World"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-14-12 at 01:13 PM
Woo hoo, great job on the first SOTS, FloPo! A nice way to get this season started off with a big bang...

Good catch on the Kourtney kneeling - this image seals it for me, she's obviously in some kind of distress to be kneeling while everyone else is standing in rapt attention to what's happening out there.

"Bravo!"
Posted by suzzee on 02-14-12 at 04:18 PM
What a great SOTS. Just so you know, I'm bookmarking this to my desktop, so many great links! Thanks for spending so much time on this, very well done FP.

Sweet! Thanks to Ag!

Posted by Blind Freddy on 02-14-12 at 05:03 PM
What a great SOTS presentation of the info by FlowerPower! Kudos to all the people that contributed to the pre-game and E1 spoiling! And without whom this episode's mysteries of Survivor would not have been unveiled.

What can I say but...I love my tribe

"W O W"
Posted by tribephyl on 02-14-12 at 06:35 PM
OMG!

How is anyone else to compare?!
How can anyone else even make an attempt at SOTSing?!
You have proven, WITHOUT DOUBT, how a SOTS should be done.
Truly awe-inspiring.
*great bow*
Thank you, FloPo!
Gah, now I have major anxiety about my own SOTS!
But on the other hand, I have the greatest feeling of security going into the episode 1 vote (and med-evac) KNOWING what will happen.
Uh May Zing!
Thank you thank you thank you.

Posted by CTgirl on 02-14-12 at 07:35 PM
Wow!! Amazing stuff FloPo!
You have been a super star this preseason spoiling One World and now you have outdone yourself with this SOTS!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Outdone by Agman

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 02-15-12 at 08:45 AM
So Kona at MESS has voted an alt theory that the challenge is halted and no one wins. (That would be similar to Russell Swann's exit.) He says the women are too happy and relaxed at the camp afterwards to be going to TC.

Thoughts?
I think it was crocophile who suggested that Jay could have sat down on that bench when the belt challenge ended because he was tired. All the caps we have are after the challenge ended. Response?

Posted by suzzee on 02-15-12 at 11:54 AM
How intriguing is that. The only thing I can think of is if the challenge were halted she wouldn't have made her way back onto the platform if medical was called to check her out. I suppose the fight or shock in her could make her want to get back into it but if the break was as bad as it seems I would think she couldn't manage much after.

A Tribe masterpiece

Posted by dabo on 02-15-12 at 12:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-12 AT 12:43 PM (EST)

Agree. I could see the challenge being temporarilly halted and then restarted. But a broken arm isn't going to have the same traumatising impact on the other players as a heat stroke dehydration collapse he might die OMH! situation.

Posted by Blind Freddy on 02-15-12 at 03:08 PM
Let's break it down (no pun)...via a logic slug-fest...

Kourtney definitely has injured her arm by the time she has climbed the ladder to the balance beam platform. So since the ladder is unlikely to have caused her broken wrist the net jump is the viable culprit.

She has had to kneel on the platform to deal with it. She is likely in pain. The ladder climb up probably spoke to her very loudly. Now she is watching her tribemates(and the other tribe) attempt to walk the balance beam....with some cast falling into the net....and then have to re-climb the ladder again...and repeat until they do complete the balance beam. This could very well seem overwhelming to Kourtney at this point.

Now before the chal began John Kirhoffer explained the whole chal sequence to them(they may even have had a Dreamer do a quick run-thru as a Demo). In any event...all of the cast know about the 2 additional ladders that must be climbed to get the puzzle bags...and the narrow rope walk(which requires holding the side ropes for balance). So all of this is also in Kourtney's mind as she weighs her options: does she bail before the balance beam (w/a potential hurtful fall)..or does she make a valiant effort at the balance beam and then call for help when she can't(or won't) climb the ladder yet again?

I'm sure she's not a 'quitter' at the first opportunity..but looking at the daunting tasks yet ahead for her, does she take the arguably most reasonable moment to ask for a med-check. Alternately, it might be JP that asks for a med-check..in which case he would stop the chal...ie "Everybody stay where you are".

The question then becomes: do they re-start or cancel the chal(w/a Salani forfeit)? A 'forfeit' would mean a TC visit for Salani. Of course, historically(I think) a med-evac has meant both a med-evac+boot and just the med-evac. Does anyone have a track record on med-evacs and whether the tribe went to TC or not? My guess is that if the med-evac is at camp, then no TC. If during a chal then it's a forfeit by that tribe and a TC appearance.

Additional factors to consider:
In the John Kirhoffer chal preview they show mats at each stage: after the net jump, after the beam-walk-slide, after the walk-bridge. And Kirhoffer says(re post net jump stage): "once all 9 tribemembers have made it to the ground..." in his VO of the chal rehearsal. This implies that ALL tribemenbers must complete the full chal. And this further implies that failure of same would mean forfeit.

If Kourtney gets patched up enough to attend TC (and gets med-evaced afterwards) then it's a repeat of Jim Lynch in Guatemala where he tore his bicep but still attended TC where he was booted.

And of course we have the Belt chal Jay sitout quandry to consider. If Jay *is* sitting out, then(as FlowerPower has deduced)there should be 2 females gone by then. In the Belt chal victory vidcap, we see 6 females + an un-tattooed arm high fiving. The separate sitout benches(if that is the case) *is* troubling, so that clouds things.

And one more thing...(ty Steve Jobs for that classic line)
CBS PR: "...castaways are shocked when a tribe’s true colors are revealed at a competitive immunity challenge". What is it that causes the "true colors" to emmerge? It seems likely at first glance that it's the Men who show their 'true colors' by bad sportsmanship in some fashion. Could the Female tribe show their ugly side by berating Kourtney for not continuing? That's also a possibility as well. But in any event, this 'true colors' item seems to be a factor. And if it's a factor, then it's a clue.

Final thought:
This is going to be a judgement call. I think Kourtney does leave the game. But does she do it immediately at the chal injury or does she get patched up for a TC appearance? This is where the 'true colors' clue might help. Perhaps the Men cheer when JP calls a forfeit(and the chal is not re-started)...that would be bad behavior and show their 'true colors'. The Kirhoffer quote on 'all nine' suggests a forfeit as well.

The E2 chal sitouts spec(if you buy it) suggests 2 female exits prior to that chal. That's hard to ignore. But yet a broken wrist justifying a 'copter ride? Jim Lynch tore his bicep and still made it to TC. So bottom line I think I need to look some more at the 2 sitout scenerio and whether Jay is sitting down or not.

Or...one of you fine people will find an answer that speaks to all my second thoughts.

Posted by dabo on 02-15-12 at 03:53 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-12 AT 03:54 PM (EST)

At this stage of production a medical evacuation can be absorbed. They have two more players than they actually need, elimination by medical evacuation simply allows production to eliminate a planned two-boot round later.

They also have the situation where it isn't production that determines whether Kourtney can continue in the game, it is the medical staff and/or Kourtney herself. Until that is determined they have to continue with the challenge and plan on there still being a TC.

This isn't a Swann/Skupin situation where it is obvious at the time that the player will be unable to continue, they won't know if she needs a cast or a splint or bandages until they get Kourtney away and make some tests.

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-15-12 at 12:58 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-12 AT 01:03 PM (EST)

Those are 2 viable possibilities. I just compiled the vidcaps as I saw them and made my spec based on them. My main thinking is that the challenge is just instantly called, girls win, at the time of those vidcaps, with the girls winning. They are in fight mode of the challenge, actively participating when Jeff yells, Salani wins....no time to sit down. There is no way, if Jay were in mid challenge, fighting to win, that he would look that relaxed on the bench. For me, he looks as though he has been watching it from the sidelines, and not participating.

The moment that is captured is exactly when Jeff calls it....women elated, men deflated...

...definitely, you can call it as you see it. I have speculated based on how I saw it.

ETA: Based on the injury, I doubt if they would halt the challenge, as it's a race. I think she won't even know if it's broken until x-rayed. It really appears to be a colles fracture, which wouldn't be anything as serious as a compound fracture that ruptures the skin. Sure it will hurt! But, it won't interfere with her mobility...fwiw.

"Time line..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-15-12 at 01:33 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-12 AT 01:34 PM (EST)

Post episode 1: There are 1 or 2 females out of the game. We know that there are at least 2 original tribe challenges before the tribes are shuffled. We know them as the belted challenge where we see the girls win, and the sling shot challenge. Then we have the post shuffle challenge that we know is for immunity. That could either be in ep 3 or at latest ep 4. The two pre-shuffle challenges could both be in ep 2, RC/IC, or they could be ep 2 immunity, and ep 3 RC. Or, they could be ep 2 IC, and ep 3 IC, waterbasketball would then be ep 4 IC.

First of all, at least one of the pre-shuffle challenges is in ep 2. I tried to figure which one by looking at beard growth....If this is in ep 2 for RC, then it is likely around day 4 or 5....here's what I compare:

Matt, Mike's, and Greg's beards...

I think, by looking at beard growth, that the belted challenge is BEFORE the sling shot challenge....which, if it is for Immunity in ep 2, would be day 6...

Here is Troyzan but remember, he had beard growth on ARRIVAL, was not clean shaven...

There really isn't too much difference in the 2 challenge shots. Now here is Tarzan on day 9, IC for water basketball...

The way I figure it is that the first challenge after the ep 1, would be the belted challenge. Now whether it is for RC or Immunity, there are still 2 sit outs for the guys on the bench, therefore, for me -2 girls must be gone at this point.

I see them in sequence as: belted challenge comes before the sling shot challenge, and the sling shot challenge comes before the water basketball...

"RE: Time line..."
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 02-15-12 at 08:30 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-12 AT 08:35 PM (EST)

I think you are entirely right about the sit-outs for the belted challenge. I only posted the question that was raised as a way of generating some more discussion to look at all the angles anyone had brought up.

Re the challenge, now that we see all the stages from Kirkhoffer's video, I find it VERY odd that we have NO caps on rope bridge or AFAIK any moment past the moment in time where Kourtney kneels on the platform.

With all the clips this season, why nothing? It is easy to do a shot of a few people on a rope bridge without giving away the challenge, and there is still the puzzle.

Some history:

When Russell Swann's condition forced them to stop, there was NOT a forfeit. Remember it was an RC/IC, and the Foa Foa did not get the pizza reward or credit for a win, as the challenge was officially uncompleted.

When Joe of Tocantins was taken out after the IC, which was completed, Jeff came to camp to give the news. It's POSSIBLE the girls look perturbed because Jeff has arrived and they are about to get news.

Now that we know there are no rules, I wonder why, if Kourtney were being treated in camp, there would be zero men gathered around ... Colton for example. It appears to be just women.

When Jeff came about Joe's knee, he told the merged tribe there would be no TC that night. This was even though someone had won individual immunity. (Tyson maybe?) I seem to remember the majority was planning to blindside Brendan.

There may be a TC, but I don't think we have proof of one? We have no teaser about the TC, all is about the immunity challenge.

ETA I tend to look to the more recent seasons than the older ones for the way they make decisions. Tocantins and Samoa over Guatemala.

Note though that there was a TC after Borassi was taken out after the challenge, so it can go either way.

IIRC, they do not vote someone out who has been pronounced unfit by medical. James Clement, for example, just showed up in the jury box, and Alexis got voted out.