URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7815
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S24:OW Pre-Show Vidcaps"

Posted by tribephyl on 12-20-11 at 03:02 AM
No time like the present to go ahead and start speculatin' on the VidCaps.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Reunion SneekPeek"
Posted by tribephyl on 12-20-11 at 03:03 AM

Salani and Manono *snort*

Hugest of thanks to VG!

"RE: Reunion SneekPeek"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-20-11 at 07:32 AM
Yay for VolcanicGlass!

It looks like this lady has had surgery requiring an incision in her chest.
Heart surgery perhaps, or CPR requiring it ... ?

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-20-11 at 02:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-20-11 AT 02:40 PM (EST)

This better not be Russhole!!

Posted by Flowerpower on 12-20-11 at 04:34 PM

Oh MY GAWDDDDD! I was thinking the same thing, Pepe....it can't be, can it? It's either RussHole or a wannabe?

Good observation, OFG. So that's what one has to do to get on Survivor now....be related to RussHole, however remotely, OR, have had open heart surgery of some kind. Didn't Whitney say that she and Keith both shared some kind of cardiac defect that required heart surgery, and now this lady?

Other observations....guys are orange buffs, girls are blue?

Posted by baddove on 12-20-11 at 06:50 PM
Well slap me with a Texas redneck. So survivor is now about featuring a different dysfunctional Hant'z spawn every time? I saw that and was thinking it can't be, he is doing a reality show on flipping houses. So, another brother/cousin/nephew?

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-21-11 at 04:06 AM
I think the not Hantz is Jonas, our Hawaii-born sushi chef.
I've edited some of these caps into the new cast topic I started, trying to ID these preview glimpses. Help needed!

Posted by tribephyl on 12-20-11 at 07:23 PM
From the looks of the tribal make-up, Thanks for compiling SF, I'm pretty sure it's not a hantzspawn. Thank the trollgawds!

Posted by baddove on 12-21-11 at 05:58 AM
*worships troll godessess in a godessy way with or without their socks*

I"M NOT WORTHY

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-21-11 at 09:12 AM
hey baddove,
great to see you at Blows, and hope you stick around.

"RE: S24:OW Pre-Show Vidcaps"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 12-21-11 at 10:47 AM
Thanks Tribe for bring over the vidcaps!

So looks like the 1st challenge is some sort of water basketball. Seems pretty physical. Also, there's the shot of the guy in the beard doing a slingshot (and cheering), so not sure if that's another challenge or if it's in phases.

Not sure what to make of the shots of people around a water barrel. Is that part of a challenge?

Then there are some shots of both men and women lifting supplies. Maybe that's at the start of the game? (I recall they've done that at least once or twice before -- where it's a free for all to grab as many supplies as you can.)

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-21-11 at 11:07 AM
Keep in mind that they frequently insert scenes from the second or third episodes into intro shots. So until we know for sure what the first challenge is, there's no way of knowing which scene is from which challenge - once we know the first challenge, it'll be easier to start eliminating those from first boot contention. We used this kind of knowledge to help us decide that Semhar was the first boot this past season, for example.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 12-22-11 at 01:00 AM
Good point. And often they don't get their bathing suits right away....although the woman in the green polka dot bikini with the scar sure looks like she still has lipstick on....so unless that's her natural lip color or she has some weird lipstick tattoo, I'm thinking that could be the first challenge. Seems like a good one to kick things off.

"Leaky Water Barrel chal"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 12-21-11 at 12:07 PM
Re: "Not sure what to make of the shots of people around a water barrel. Is that part of a challenge?"

It looks like there are multiple holes at the bottom of the water barrel where the cast is trying to plug them with their fingers to stop/slow the water leaking out. So this wouldn't be a camp task to carry water with a leaky barrel...gotta be a chal.

The male cast has his right hand thumb sucessfully plugging a hole but his forefinger is only partially plugging a hole. While the female cast's left hand is not plugging the hole visible just above the barrel metal banding.

So there looks to be at least two rows/levels of 'holes' located around the bottom of the barrel where water can leak out. The object of the chal looks like it might be to get water to another container(wherever that is) before it all leaks out. And likely to fill that container up enough to trigger some event(another stage or chal victory?). I would imaginge multiple trips would be necessary.

Just my guess at this time.

"RE: Leaky Water Barrel chal"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 12-22-11 at 01:04 AM
Agree that it's most likely a challenge and you have to fill a container.

Looks like they're going to be in their bathing suits a lot this season! We can probably start figuring out who's on a tribe together based on these shots....but I'm too lazy . Plus I think Pepe already posted both teams in another thread. How did everything leak so quickly??!!

"RE: Leaky Water Barrel chal"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-22-11 at 02:19 AM
Pepe posted the SFever suspected cast list (which the preview confirms is right). The two groups are the men and the women.

I explained how the cast got spoiled in the cast topic I started. Most of it was spoiled through castaway208, the same who revealed the One World theme, but he spoiled it has a game with hints over a couple of months. He gave up a couple of the names that were difficult.

There is some hint that it may be men vs. women at the beginning, but we see that in the barrel challenge and the men tackling that it is co-ed at that point, perhaps after an early swap? Pickem?

And the buff colors and clothing colors are not in sync this season. Looks like they messed with them on that to fake them out.

Jonas ends up on the orange tribe.

Monica, Matt, Sabrina, Troyzen are blue tribe in the water challenges. I will check if there are more I can find.

"Challenge shots"
Posted by Flowerpower on 12-22-11 at 07:22 PM
I think there are multiple shots of challenges in the intro, as well as maybe them landing on the beach with their "supplies"...

Here are different challenges sorted....

As Blind Freddy noted, the leaky water barrel challenge:

I think the leaky water barrel challenge is completely different than the challenge where we see the lady with the ball....

I think the lady with the ball in the water is the same challenge as all of the shots that are seen in the water where they are trying to tackle or just prevent each other from getting something or going somewhere.

Then there is the slingshot with the coconuts challenge...

So, I suspect there could be shots of three challenges from the first set of vidcaps...along with these, that I believe could be when they first arrive with all of their supplies:

There are also a few camp pics as well....

"RE: Challenge shots"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-22-11 at 09:16 PM
Agreed, FP, that about covers it, although some at Sucks think the red bikini pic is a "balance beam." One of the posters there called the barrel the "Little Dutch Boy" challenge.

There is a lively topic on the preview caps there, started by VG.
http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/89834/S24-Survivor-One-World-Preview-Vidcaps

You might enjoy comparing notes with those observations. It has been a bit slow here on the vidcaps topic, so I went and hunted down this discussion.

"Meet The Cast Promo"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 01-18-12 at 09:15 PM
The Cast has been released and the Meet The Cast (MTC) promo is up here:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/2187925864/

Survivor Fever has the caps (112 caps...whew) and transcript up at SF here (ty Mayan Sun as always!):
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s24_mtc.html

Transcript:
------------------------

Jeff Probst: For Survivor 24 we have a new twist. We're calling it "One World". It'll be men versus women, living together on one beach and they don't know it until they arrive. They are all attractive.

Alicia: I am a triple threat. Boobs, booty and I can sing. Hahahaha.

Probst: I think we have plenty of villains.

Colton: I can be your best friend but I can also be your worst nightmare. If I don't like you I will make your life hell.

Jonas: I know just by looking at some of these people, they're outwardly aggressive.

Probst: We have some unique people.

Leif: Some of the guys are big. There are some big guys but the bigger then are, the harder they fall. Right?

Troy: I really am the jungle boy. I am Troyzan. I live on 10 acres and I live in a jungle setting, with palm trees, with bugs, with mosquitoes. I sit in the enclosure with monkeys for hours at a time.

Chelsea: I'm the country girl that's not the southern belle. The country girl that likes to be out in the woods. My mom bought me a machete when I was like in the 6th grade.

Greg: People that have known me all my life call me Tarzan. The people that know me even better know me as Scaramouche from Raphael Sabatini's novel, "The Swordsman".

Kimberly: I am really quirky. I am really weird. I love to tell people what kind of animal they look like and sometimes that doesn't go over so well.

Probst: We have a group of people that aren't afraid to make big moves.

Bill: I don't know what that move is yet but I fantasize that there is a move that no one's ever seen be made.

Jay: Never gonna go down without a fight. Never gonna quit.

Michael: My name's Michael. I'm going to bring surprises to this game that have never been seen before.

Probst: There are a couple of very smart people that are also students of the game. And that's a deadly combination.

Christina: I know when to attack. I'm kind of like that little jaguar that sees what is going on and then when it's time to attack I'll attack.

Matt: I want to be remembered as the nice guy that got along with people, that would cut your throat the minute he needed to.

Probst: If you're bright and you really do understand the dynamics of Survivor, you can get a long ways in this game.

Kat: I had open heart surgery when I was 12. This is the ultimate challenge. I want to play the ultimate game.

Monica: Wisdom is experience and being that I'm 41 years old and have been the wife of an NFL athlete, I have a lot of experience, therefore I have a lot of wisdom.

Kourtney: I'm not chiseled from stone as a lot of my opponents are. So I'm going to have to really dig deep in the challenges. Quitting is not an option. It's not an option.

Sabrina: They might think that I'm 'angry black woman'. Now, I can get 'angry black woman'. But I will be a lot more hilarious than what they ever expected.

Nina: It's never too late to chase your dreams and do something outside your comfort zone. I want my daughter to look back on this and say, "my mother did this."
-------------------------

"First observations"
Posted by Flowerpower on 01-23-12 at 06:03 PM
The daws are driven in as in Tocantins...split into two tribes, males - orange - Manono vs. females, blue, Salani, living in one camp/world.

Here is what the promos/vidcaps are telling me before the first show airs....with the first press of the Show, we have Jiffy telling us all about them....

Right off the bat he notes the comments from Alicia and Colton and Jiffy noting ...Alicia: I am a triple threat. Boobs, booty and I can sing. Hahahaha.

Colton: I can be your best friend but I can also be your worst nightmare. If I don't like you I will make your life hell.

and these shots...

Alicia and Colton = villains

And a shot of Jonas and voiceover from him...

Jonas: I know just by looking at some of these people, they're outwardly aggressive.

....being a narrator and validating what Jiffy says.

Then he starts to talk about the "unique people", re: The Characters...

Could one of these "characters" be the goat at the end?

Then Probst: We have a group of people that aren't afraid to make big moves.....

and, Michael:

Will the big moves cost them or win the game for them?

Then, Probst: There are a couple of very smart people that are also students of the game. And that's a deadly combination.

Then Probst adds this comment: If you're bright and you really do understand the dynamics of Survivor, you can get a long ways in this game. Do the following folks get the dynamics and possibly go far???

Now, other VERY early thoughts....

In this shot, the men don't look happy....could this possibly be post-challenge...Jay is leaning down as though he is spent, Greg/Tarzan and Matt look downright miffed...?? Just don't know...

Also, Chelsea and Monica are definitely chopping off a chicken wing part, and there is fire at the site...

"Web Promo (two tribes on one beach)"
Posted by tribephyl on 01-21-12 at 05:55 PM

Thank you sooo much, SF.

"RE: Web Promo (two tribes on one beach)"
Posted by michel on 01-21-12 at 10:40 PM
Thanks Tribe for bringing these over. I don't know if the first boot has been spoiled but one cap caught my eye:

That looks confrontational to me and Kourtney appears to be the odd person that could be targeted first.

On the last series of caps, Colton and Alicia seem to be important, having those pictures at the very end.

Posted by tribephyl on 01-22-12 at 04:58 AM
I agree. A couple of other caps had me questioning Kourtney's longevity as well and added with this one, well she seems to be the best bet so far.
Alicia and Colton have risen to the top as far as exposure is concerned but I'm sensing that both of them are connected to this season's storyline moreso than Kourtney ever could be.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 01-22-12 at 11:00 AM
To answer your question... the first boot has NOT been spoiled, but there is a list of general descriptions of the first five or six people that were seen together on an airplane. The interpretation is that they were early boots on their way to some kind of Loser Lodge to be kept away from the to-come jury boots, and no names were given but rather some general descriptions of what they looked like. Two (I believe) were dead-on matches of who we've got on the cast while the other three are all being guessed as they're pretty generic descriptions.

Anyhoo... that's a good catch as we've often seen an 'outcast' of Kourtney's type be an early boot. Most of the other women are dressed with buffs around their midsections or on the head in true 'Survivor' style while Kourtney just sticks out like a sore thumb and has made no clothing adaptions from what we can see so far. She fits the profile of an early boot, if not a first boot.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 01-22-12 at 10:52 AM
To michel: No, first boots (or any other boots, for that matter) have not been spoiled so far.

>

Is that a chicken? Did they capture one or win one in reward?

>

Don't tell me that Stephenie-ME is back!

Posted by tribephyl on 01-22-12 at 12:25 PM
Certainly looks to be a fowl of some sort.
I would like to note that the survivors start off on a supply-ladened truck. From the caps given I can't place a chicken coop on that truck, but I certainly can imagine one being there.
Whereas a chicken reward in the first episode seems a little out of place.

Posted by michel on 01-22-12 at 01:04 PM
Yes, they had chicken on the boat at the start of Cook islands (remember: Jonathan was sent to EI for stealing one of Puka's chicken).

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 01-29-12 at 00:45 AM
My thought too was chickens were on the truck.
Although I imagine the one Brandon lost is still hanging out in the vicinity. (Actually I have no idea if it's the same beach.)

"WebPromo 2 (men and women on one beach)"
Posted by tribephyl on 01-23-12 at 04:19 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-23-12 AT 07:57 PM (EST)

Wanted to add the transcript...

VO: February 15th, for the first time in Survivor History, it's men versus women living together on one beach...
Colton: I can be your worst nightmare.
VO: ...with zero redemption.
Alicia: I will play dirty and if I look bad, I look bad.

"RE: WebPromo 2 (men and women on one beach)"
Posted by Flowerpower on 01-23-12 at 08:57 AM
Thanks everyone for bringing all of the vidcaps over and the pre-game assessments!

Regarding the last promo noted, Promo - 2, and the placement of Colton and Alicia. First we have Colton...

Followed by Alicia...

Then followed by this...

A snake right in the middle of one of the V's in SURVIVOR, or in a V for VILLAIN!

Colton and Alicia will be this seasons villains. Jiffy has already identified Colton as a villain, and I think Alicia is one as well....note this in his pre-assessment posted by Blind Freddy, here...

Alicia: I am a triple threat. Boobs, booty and I can sing. Hahahaha.

Note that Jiffy's statement on the villains is sandwiched in a quote from first Alicia and then from Colton.

Lots of vidcaps of Colton and Alicia because most likely they are this seasons villains.

Posted by michel on 01-23-12 at 09:55 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-23-12 AT 09:58 AM (EST)

FP beat me to the remark about Colton and Alicia but, with the repeat of their pictures in this promo, we can say they will be two players to watch.

What I am most interested is in spotting early cross-tribal alliances. Whereas a scene like the following could be meaningless:

...one like this interests me a lot:

The second looks more strategic than the first. Even if they could simply be discussing how to build the shelter, alliances are formed that way. In the first, we can't even tell if there are more people around but in the second, we definitely have 4 people talking away from the others. We have Kat, Monica, Matt (I think) and someone that this vidcap can't identify. Is it a guy or the tallest woman which I think is Kimberley? Are there any other shots of that scene?

Also, are we being told that a man will win?

Posted by Brownroach on 01-23-12 at 12:45 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-23-12 AT 12:53 PM (EST)

The obscured person looks male to me (possibly shirtless). Colton, Bill and Troyzan are all seen wearing yellowish left-wristbands in the vidcaps. I don't think it's Colton, who isn't shirtless or in a tank top elsewhere. It's probably Troyzan or Bill.

ETA actually it might well be Colton. Troyzan and Bill are seen wearing multiple bracelets on their left wrists. Colton has only the yellow one, like the person in this cap.

Posted by jbug on 01-23-12 at 01:29 PM

also looks like the right arm is across the chest w/ the hand under the left arm - and a red band on the right wrist.

Posted by Blind Freddy on 01-23-12 at 04:58 PM
Troy has a left yellow (w/other multiple bands) and a dark/black right band seen here

Bill has a left yellow band (w/other multiple bands)+ something on right(can't be buff since it's pre-game)

Colton has the left yellow band on here+ something?(twine?) on right

Colton w/a left yellow band and orange buff on right wrist

And in a pre-game shot(?) Colton has a pink band on left wrist(so wrong wrist, but could be switched)

So the unidentified right wrist w/red(?) band could be either the pink band of Colton or a buff perhaps(remembering that a scrunched buff has many color levels especially if part of it is reversed lapping over/whatever.

My guess..Colton. He's a social creature and there seems a bit of black head hair showing...but then Troy has that too, but Troy also seems to be wearing that right black band alot. Bill's left wrist w/yellow band has that metal bracelet we'd surely see I think.

Can I just say that there seems excessive Cast *bling* this season. This is Survivor...right?...not QVC. And don't get me started on the necklace showcase this season...lol.

"Challenge Shots (4 challenges?)"
Posted by tribephyl on 01-24-12 at 00:13 AM
As seen the survivors will first arrive by truck, scramble for supplies, then get told they will be living together.
They will then begin their camp development, film some confessionals and then head to the first Challenge.
They will be wearing the same clothes from the truck, so I imagine it's later on the same day.

To start; split into gender challenge...
Manono:

Salani:

My belief is that all shots of the rope net/stair/ladder/balance beam challenge is all from Challenge #1.

1st Challenge
We start with Kat leading the challenge off for the women...

Notice all nine women there.

Then the ladies start to form a line.

Jump down half stairs into rope net.

Run down rope net to colored mat. Notice the edge of the Manono mat in bottom left corner.

(Possibly solve a puzzle or perhaps just wait for all tribemates to reach the mat before moving on.)

Climb up ladder to second staging area...

Notice the legs of the women survivors peeking through the space between the platforms.

Notice sabrina reaching up and kimberly looking over her shoulder down towards her.

Walk across balance beam...

Also on dry land are the shots of Greg with a slingshot and an excited cheer...

His buff is on his head in the first challenge, not for this one.

Now, we move into the water challenge(s).
Looks like we may have two challenges here as there is a water polo type challenge with survivor contact allowable AND another one involving a dutch-bucket race. Again, could be the same challenge, but I can't really figure out how they'd work together.
Anyways... It helps to have the full cast shot to identify some of the clothing.

Water-challenge shots with mixed gender (tribal colors and buffs noted).
Here we have, Kat in foreground (with female arm reaching towards her) and Sabrina in background. Sabrina looks to have a blue buff around her wrist. But hard to tell with that amount of blur.

Kat with Salani blue buff and ball, opposing female manono...

Blue buff around neck of Troyzan, whose holding down...

...Jonas with Manono buff.

Alicia running in water with Manono buff.

Michael? with orange buff. Around neck. and being held down by male with hairy chest? (Greg).

Notice the beard growth and is that a wedding ring? Maybe it's not Michael.

Colton being held down by 2 males, one right above him one to his left, but no buffs visible.

Also notice yet another male running into the frame from the right (in black-graphic shorts). I'm thinking 2 males against 2 males.

2nd Water Challenge?:
Monica falling off or jumping off tribal apparatus (walkway) into water at challenge.

Blue dutch bucket, denoting Salani. (Yet, I can't seem to figure out the clothing so I'm thinking perhaps dreamteamers) Still, shows 2 males and 1 female (at least) helping to move the bucket.

From the caps available looks like the tribal swap is set for a future episode (possibly ep.2) and will start to form as so...
Blue/Salani:
Kat
Sabrina
Troyzan
Monica
male
male

Orange/Manono:
Jonas
Alicia
Michael
female
male
male

"RE: Challenge Shots (4 challenges?)"
Posted by Flowerpower on 01-24-12 at 09:17 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-24-12 AT 12:20 PM (EST)

Great thinking, Tribe. I like where you are going with all of this. I think that the first challenge of EP 1 will indeed be that long physical one with the jumping into the nets, and balance beam. I think that the girls may have a leg up, doesn't look as though the men are balancing too well and then there is this picture....

Not looking too happy, and Jay looks spent?

So, if the water challenge is the future, post ep 1 challenge, then we can rule out the following as the first boot...

Kat, Sabrina, Monica, Alicia, Christina
Jonas, ?Michael, Troyzan, Colton, Bill, Lief, Jay?

Adding proof of them in water challenge:

Lief??? With the wedding band on his left hand...

I wish the two male bathing suits in this picture could be identified.

I think that the bathing suit on the left of the frame may be Jay or Matt? Looks like his build. I think the bathing suit on the right is Michael....look where the waist band of his shorts are in comparison to Christina's....he's very tall, imo.

So, our prospects for boot numero uno are:

Chelsea, Kimberly, Kourtney, Nina, Greg, ?Matt, ?Jay

**On further inspection Greg does look hairy in the shots of him and the coconut sling shots...that could be from a later episode??? He is wearing the same shirt, however, and he could have pulled his buff off of his head with a good shot???

Posted by tribephyl on 01-24-12 at 09:30 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-24-12 AT 09:48 PM (EST)

AHA!
Lief!

Okay. Now it makes sense. Thanks FP

Oh and...

It should be noted that the person on the far right of the cap is actually stepping up onto a platform. The other two visibly lifting up the barrel to accommodate for the step up. So in actuality it's not someone super tall just someone taking a step up.
Also...I have scoured the available caps and for one, the guys do not possess shorts of these types. Also, of the ladies the only one with possibly matching shorts is Nina. (After a major hoochie chop made to them first) And I can confidently state that that is NOT Nina's body.
I'm of the thought that these shots, while indeed showcasing a future challenge, are actually of the dreamteamers. It's still possible for the survivors to receive additional clothing. But I'm thinking they have already been given their bathing suits for the waterpolo challenge. To supply them with yet another outfit seems unlikely.

Posted by Flowerpower on 01-25-12 at 07:38 AM
You could be right, Tribe, that could be a shot of dream teamers....

If it is dreamteamers than Kristina is not among the ones that are seen in post episode one shots, so she would need to be added to our list of potentials as first boot. Also, on further review, I am coming around to thinking those shots of Greg with the coconut sling shot caps are not from episode one either....he looks far dirtier, and his beard has definitely started to fill in. If that is the case, he is no longer on the list for first boot.

Regarding the girl holding the water barrel that is leaking. She is wearing black slacks that have been cut off. Here is Kimberly wearing very similar slacks...

Note they are cut lower on the hip, just as the girl in the barrel shots are....it could possibly be Kimberly...food for thought...

"Coco Connection Challenge"
Posted by tribephyl on 01-27-12 at 06:49 PM
via TVguide and huge thanks to SF.

Maria Sansone: This Survivor One World preview, I'm Maria Sansone, coming to you from Samoa. The other day I got to take part in a practice challenge that you'll actually see on the upcoming season of Survivor.

Before I'm put to the test I got a little inside information
from the challenge creator himself.
So, John, this is your creation. We are about to do the
challenge that you designed. you've gotta give me some scoop.
How do I wins this thing.

Kirhoffer: Don't hold back. Get your coconut and pull back
as hard as you can. When you think you've pulled back all
the way, pull back 10% more. Aim toward the middle somewhere
and then just let go. Eventually you're going to have to start
aiming at specific targets.

Maria: So what's this one called?

Kirhoffer: This is called the Coco Connection.

Here in Samoa there's coconuts everywhere so we've
tried to come up with as many ways to utilize coconuts
to save on the budget as possible

Maria: I'm going to have to actually destroy the tiles that
I created because I worked on these in the art department
with Jessie.

Probst: You guys are going to sling coconuts at these walls.
Try to connect five in a row. Knock out five panels diagonally, straight across, up and down. The first to do it wins.
First two take your spots!

"RE: Coco Connection Challenge"
Posted by Flowerpower on 01-28-12 at 10:04 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-28-12 AT 11:36 AM (EST)

Thanks so much for posting Tribe and Survivor Fever!

This season, the run through of the challenge appears to have been shot using the dreamteamers only... They have highlighted the coconut sling shot challenge. We have one vidcap of that challenge, with Greg shooting.

There are 4 daws in the middle of this sequence, when they talk about how plentiful the coconuts are on Samoa....Greg, Bill, Jay, and Christina. I don't think anything can be concluded from their presence here.

Dang.

ETA: I just don't know about these vidcaps. In the past we have seen the press run the challenge with equal girls/boys, or girls vs. boys. But in this challenge, we have these people who seem to be running the challenge, so to speak...

Three girls and one guy. I would think that the coconut sling shot challenge occurs far earlier than F8. So, this doesn't seem to be an actual dreamteamer run through, but a press exhibition of some type.

I suppose my question to pose is, can we assume anything from these challenge shots....could the tribal shuffle have already occured when this challenge takes place, or no?

So far, as I stated above, that the only thing I can say with confidence from all of these shots is that Greg is still in the game and is playing on the orange tribe, Manono, when this challenge occurs.

"OW Tribal Council Caps"
Posted by tribephyl on 01-27-12 at 06:54 PM

"RE: OW Tribal Council Caps"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 01-27-12 at 09:46 PM
Thanks for posting these three threads, tribe! A nice behind-the-scenes look at things on Samoa.

Is Jiffy taking advantage of his perks as a host to, ah, size up female guests on the show? Bad Jiffy!

"TVGuide One World Preview "
Posted by tribephyl on 01-27-12 at 07:18 PM
Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Survivors ready, go!

VO: Survivor is changing the game.

Jeff Probst: You could have two alliances in this game...

VO: And only TV Guide has the inside scoop.

Probst: ...and maybe never get caught.

Greg: ?

Monica: ?

Matt: ?

Chelsea: I'm a good liar.

Michael: I will backstab anybody.

Sabrina: Let's do it.

VO: Survivor: One World Preview, Sunday, 8, 7 Central

Probst: On TV Guide network.

"2 small promos"
Posted by tribephyl on 01-30-12 at 03:38 AM
V.O.: It's a battle of the sexes.
Michael (camera confessional): Right off the bat I need to make alliances with the women.
Alicia (camera confessional): If I find out one of these dudes like me, they're gonna get played.

V.O.: It's a battle of the sexes.
Monica (camera confessional): I'm ready!

"RE: 2 small promos"
Posted by tribephyl on 01-30-12 at 03:42 AM
add Michael and Jay to the Salani

"RE: 2 small promos"
Posted by tullfan on 01-30-12 at 10:03 AM
I agree about Jay but that capture of Michael is only one or two days into the game since he doesn't have any visible facial hair.

In that challenge, Jay has a fair amount of facial hair, so that challenge could be from episode 3 or episode 4 since he starts out fairly clean shaven. If the promo caps of Monica are from the same challenge then she lasts after the swap as well and stays on Salani.

"Post shuffle tribes...Salani loses first challenge"
Posted by Flowerpower on 01-30-12 at 01:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-30-12 AT 09:00 PM (EST)

I agree, Tribe, I am thinking that Michael's buff almost looks like it's been "blacked out". I have heard that the merge color may be black, but clearly, that picture is brand new...he's not been in the game long, judging from his beard.

Also, I may have found vidcap evidence of Michael. If the leaky water barrel challenge shots are of the daws, and not dreamteamers, which, the more I examine it, the more I am in agreement, then I think Michael is on the blue tribe, and the guy in the navy trunks with white flowers is him. Here is the shot that I am talking about...

First, let's look at the guy on the left holding the barrel, the one wearing the dark orange trunks with the dark flowers....

I think the trunks on the right side of this frame, in front of Colton, are the same trunks...

Orange trunk guy with the dark flowers gets swapped to the blue tribe, we see him working with the blue leaky barrel, and then he's going against Colton in the other challenge, Colton must be on the orange tribe post shuffle. I think orange trunk guy is Matt.

Then, the girl in the middle of the blue leaky water barrel challenge, is on blue, and must be Kimberly, as she is the only one built like that with slacks that have been cut. Then the last guy in the leaky blue water barrel is wearing navy blue trunks with white flowers, he's on blue tribe as well....let's really zero in on his sneakers...

Compare to this shot...and LOOK at the sneakers...

Troyzan's sneakers:

Clearly, the blue with white flowered trunk guy is NOT: Colton, Jay, Leif, Jonas, Greg, Matt, or Bill. Not Troyzan's sneakers either. I would bet that blue flowered trunk guy on blue tribe post shuffle is indeed MICHAEL!

So, here are who I have placed on the tribes post shuffle:
New Manono, : Leif, Bill, Alicia, Jonas, Colton,
New Salani : Monica, Jay, Katt, Sabrina, Troyzan, Most likely Matt, Kimberly, Michael
Seen post first epidsode but not in any of the water shots, perhaps seen prior to the shuffle, so could be second boot: Greg

***With all men accounted for post episode one, clearly our first boot will be one of the following females: Kourtney, Nina, Christina, Chelsea

Manono wins episode one challenge. ETA: Going one step further, out of the five people that are not seen post shuffle - Greg, Kourtney, Nina, Christina, Chelsea - two of them are our first and second boots, while the remaining three will be on the ORANGE tribe, Salini, post shuffle. I would bet that the tribal shuffle takes place with 16 still left in the game, after the second boot...fwiw.

ETA: Correct the tribe names, thanks tullfan!

"RE: Post shuffle tribes...Salani loses first challenge"
Posted by tullfan on 01-30-12 at 07:59 PM
FlowerPower,

Nice analysis - the only correction is that Salani is the blue tribe that started out as all female and Manono is the orange tribe.

Note, that if you are correct, all of the strong alpha males end up on the new Salani tribe which means that new Manono is likely to be hosed. The only male that can be on Salani that is unaccounted for is Greg. If this is correct then I doubt that the new tribes are formed via a pick'em.

Posted by Flowerpower on 01-30-12 at 08:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-30-12 AT 08:19 PM (EST)

Thanks for noting the mistake with the tribe names, tullfan. I have edited in the correct names. It all comes down to that picture of the leaky water barrel that appears blue. I suppose it could be tampered with, a la the ole buff-o-matic. But, at this point, it really appears as if it's Salini blue.

If the strong alpha males end up on the same tribe, the tribal shuffle could come down to pulling a new buff out of the mix...

...I'm reminded of the time in All-Stars when the only one that pulled a different buff out of the bag was Amber...

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 02-07-12 at 08:59 PM
I agree it looks like random shuffle, although there have been some weird pickems, notable by older women. One being In Thailand when Jan didn't go for strength, but her choice was redeemed by outcome. Also in Vanu'atu when Scout had a hand in it (as did Sarge), where I forget what Scout did exactly, but she went for a way to get her allies on her team by figuring out who Sarge would pursue.

>>> ...I'm reminded of the time in All-Stars when the only one that pulled a different buff out of the bag was Amber...

It was even more unlikely. They ALL pulled the opposite tribe buff EXCEPT for Amber. She was the only one who remained on Chapera, and the former Mogo Mogo's came to her camp and she had to play hostess and watch them enjoy Rob's furniture that he had built and so forth, while Rob and other Chapera had to move over to the much less together MM camp.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 01-31-12 at 00:12 AM
Fine work, FloPo!

Just want to say that castaway208 ID'd the orange flowered shorts as Matt some time ago, without any if ands or buts, just, That's Matt. castaway has had perfect info on the cast in advance. Interesting that he or she knows the looks (or clothes?) of the cast well enough to be so definite in a pic that shows so little.

Posted by Flowerpower on 01-31-12 at 07:47 AM
I don't know about Castaway208, but I had heard that he did ID Matt by the shorts, but, I still question him. Nevertheless, IF these are not dreamteamers and they are indeed the actual players, than the girl in the middle is definitively Kimberly, and the guy on the right is indeed Michael.

PS. What else did Castaway spoil? Just the cast? Or did he go further? Thanks, OFG!

Posted by tullfan on 02-06-12 at 10:45 AM
Flowerpower,

I was just over at Sucks, and a frequent, regular poster over there with username Polonium, pointed out that it is Troyzan that is wearing the orange colored shorts and not Matt. He got He presented a vidcap from either a confessional or an interview with Troyzan wearing orange colored shorts and Polonium credited TDT for originally making this comparison.

It seems likely to me that the tribal swap doesn't happen till episode 4 after 2 women and 1 man have left the game and that the swap preserves the tribal numbers with 8 on Manono and 7 on Salani. The reason that we are missing one person (likely female) from the water ballgame challenge is because someone from Manono is sitting out.

With a tribal swap at 15, it would appear that the new tribes are:
Manono - Greg, Colton, Jonas, Leif, Bill, Alicia, Christina,
Chelsea/Nina/Kourtney
Salani - Troyzan, Jay, Matt, Michael, Monica, Sabrina, Kat, Kimberly

So my best guess is that Matt and 2 of Chelsea/Nina/Kourtney are the first 3 out. Who knows why the men would vote out Matt instead of Colton. I'll laugh if the men vote for Colton, Colton plays the HII and Matt gets bounced.

I'm still leaning toward the women losing the first IC since in the past the post IC press Images have always featured the losing tribe and all the post IC press images feature female castaways. Since Kourtney does not appear in any of these images, her being evacuated is a good bet.

Based on the Colton specific promo, Bill Posley is the leading candidate to be the first to go post-swap.

"Disagree "
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-06-12 at 05:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-06-12 AT 05:31 PM (EST)

Hiya Tullfan, I think I found what you were referring to, and I disagree with Polonium's notes. If you could leave a link next time when there is a new point, it would be so helpful! But, I think I found the thread...it can be found here.

Here is the pic of Troyzan with the orange shorts and dark flowers...

Other shorts, they look brown and just plaid, no flowers on them, no pattern at all on them except they are plaid......

Now here are the shorts that I believe to be Matt's...

These shorts are plaid, but also has patterns all over them of swirls and paisley's, and large flowers as well, the plaid on them is only in patches...I don't think that they are the same shorts at all....I could be wrong, I suppose, but I am inclined to think that the shorts with the bucket are not the same ones that Troyzan is wearing on the beach.

Regardless, Troyzan and Matt are both seen here, which I think is the RC in ep 2, definitely it is pre-tribal swap. It is the challenge with the belts:

I speculate that the IC for ep 2 is the coconut sling shot challenge here...

If Matt is in the leaky barrel challenge, then he is there post-tribal shuffle. This is what I speculate. In fact, every man is seen post shuffle, so I still am leaning toward the first 2 boots being 2 out of Nina, Kourtney, Chelsea.

I suppose it comes down to those shorts. I still see them as different.

"RE: Disagree "
Posted by tullfan on 02-06-12 at 08:00 PM
Flowerpower,

I can't really tell if Troyzan is wearing the same brown plaid shorts or not. In the challenge, the black flowery pattern is definitely on the back of the shorts and we can't see the front of the shorts. We see Troyzan wearing a pair of brown plaid shorts but since he is sitting down during the interview, we can't see the back of the shorts. If we could find a video where Matt is wearing the brown plaid shorts with the flowery pattern then that would make things clearer, The only shorts that I have seen Matt wearing were the rather skimpy black trunks he had on in one of the ep. 1 Press Images.

Regarding the belted challenge, the reason I think that it is an Immunity Challenge is based on the extreme reactions of both tribes after the women win. The women seem too happy and the men seem too downbeat for the challenge to be just for reward. It has been a while since there was a separate challenge for reward in episode 2. The was no challenge for reward in ep. 2 in either Heroes vs. Villains or Survivor Nicaragua.

I will try to provide more links in the future if I have time. I tried to copy the Troyzan pre-show interview vidcap but I couldn't get it to work.

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-07-12 at 08:15 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-07-12 AT 08:24 AM (EST)

Thanks for trying! All you need to do is copy and paste the URL address of the vidcap into your copy of where you want it to go. But, thanks for trying! It just makes things so much easier to go back and see what others are speculating.

As for the shorts, at this point I can see that they are 2 different pairs of shorts. The ones that are in the leaky bucket challenge also have pockets on the sides, and you can see that there is pattern on the pockets as well, different than the straight plaid. I suppose it will be clear when we either find a distinct vidcap with them on, or when the show starts. I believe that is his swimming trunks as well.

Regarding the challenge where the girls are jumping up and down, it is my spec that that was for RC. But, it is just spec. I would think the girls would be very happy to beat the men anytime. Remember if this is for the RC, then it's only the 2nd challenge, and it follows their first loss. I can't discount this challenge as the reward challenge because it appears that they are over-reacting.

Let's play devils advocate here. If that is the IC and the girls win, then a guy goes home. We have vidcap evidence of all of the men in the basketball water challenge except for Matt. But, the leaky water bucket challenge is still post episode 2 then, post tribal shuffle, as we see Matt(who I think is Matt), Kim, and Michael carrying the leaky bucket for the Salani, Blue tribe.

Last of all, I thought that Castaway208 had already identified the guy with the leaky barrel as Matt, and so far he was right with identifying all of theSurvivirs. So far, there is no solid evidence for me to change my earlier assessment. If you can or the folks at Sucks give definitive proof, then I'm definitely on board!

I just still firmly believe that two of Kourtney, Nina, and Chelsea are our first boots, and in order for that to happen, the girls must lose the first 2 challenges.

Posted by tullfan on 02-07-12 at 10:54 AM
Flowerpower,

I spent some time this morning trying to find where castaway208 posted that Matt is the male wearing the orange colored shorts in the leaky barrel challenge. I had never seen this post and I couldn't find it this morning. I looked in both castaway208's hints and clues thread as well as the thread for the One World Preview vidcaps. Castaway208 could have posted this in some other thread but as far as I can tell, castaway208 would only post in his own thread and no where else. Maybe this post was deleted.

The first mention of Matt being the person wearing the orange shorts was by poster BullsEyee on 12/19/11 who said that he tought that castaway208 made that ID. The assertion that Matt is the male in the leaky bucket was further propagated in the vidcaps thread by IAmJamesClement.

The tall male in the leaky bucket challenge could be Matt, Troyzan or Jay (Michael can be ruled out). But if the pre-swap challenge that the women win is for Immunity then it has to be Matt that is voted out. All the other men are accounted for past ep. 2 and make it past the swap.

Posted by Blind Freddy on 02-07-12 at 01:09 PM
Re: "...trying to find where castaway208 posted that Matt is the male wearing the orange colored shorts in the leaky barrel" challenge"

Hereyago Tullfan....from the 'SurvivorSucks' bd./'Survivor: The Future' forum/S24: One World Preview Vidcaps' thread....

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/89834/S24-Survivor-One-World-Preview-Vidcaps?page=4

'castaway208' posted(on page 4) :
------------------
The guy with ?? is Greg Smith, that's the same shirt. The guy with the flower shorts in the barrel challenge/task is Matt.
--------------------

...in likely ref to these vidcaps(below) by SPhoenix (ty VG) on the prior page(page 3) of the thread.

Posted by 'DragonSlayerCoach'(on page 3)

Posted by 'Antihesis'(on page 3)...a couple posts later a version mostly excluding the 'flowered shorts' guy on the right....

So the 'castaway208' post IDing Matt in the 'flowered shorts' refs one/both of those vidcaps which appear on the prior Sucks' page 3 of that thread. While only 'castaway208' knows which guy he/she was referring to...the photographic center of attention in both those vidcaps is of the guy on the left along with the girl. But ultimately it is left in the analyzer's lap as to which guy. My best guess is that 'castaway208' was responding to the 'flowered shorts' guy on the left. 'castaway208' is of course both welcomed and invited to clarify his/her post-info here if he/she should so desire

To my knowledge, 'castaway208' has never posted any additional ref to Matt and these vidcaps. Additionally, FlowerPower has speced here and here that the 'flowered shorts' guy on the right is Michael. So this is what we have to work with and where we seem to be at.
Hope this is helpful

Posted by tullfan on 02-07-12 at 07:56 PM
Thanks, Blind Freddy. That settles it then.

"different shorts"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 02-07-12 at 09:25 PM
It sure is hard to be definitive about the shorts. I do remember castaway IDing Matt with respect to the leaky barrel shots, remember reading it at the time and not secondhand quote, but that is sorted out now.

If Troyzan's shorts have the hibiscus only on the back, that would mean the shorts were cut out of two separate fabrics, which is kind of unusual in the garment industry as it complicates things to have all the back pieces done in a separate cutting from the front pieces. (I used to work in garment manufacturing, and complicated translates into significant cost increase.)

Second, Troyzan's plaid has fairly large blocks of the plain brown, but what I see from Matt's is that the plaid part is much busier with light lines cross-hatching and breaking up the brown. In fact the darker brown is more of a framing pattern for light blocks of plaid, whereas in Troyzan's the darker brown is the inside color of the plaid. Even if they did a custom print overlay over the plaid for the back of the shorts, they should have used the same plaid background.

It is possible that these two shorts were part of a "group" which is when a designer has a collection with similar fabrics and shapes but variations from piece to piece, and the people who shop wardrobe bought two pieces, one the more conservative plaid and one the wild print plaid which is a younger look.

The barrel shorts also have pockets: we can see the chevron shaped flap. Troyzan sitting makes it hard for me to see if his pocked has an overflap, but it does look to me if you straight on compare just the pocket body plaid material, that they are not the same fabric, and that is the one part of the shorts that would absolutely be the same, as the pocket shows in both pairs.

"RE: different shorts"
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-07-12 at 10:19 PM
I'm with you OFG. Sorry, tullfan. I just see 2 different pairs of pants. Also, look at these shorts....these are the trunks on Troyzan in the basketball water challenge...

I know that they are wet, but they sure look like a solid to me.

He is wearing his bathing trunks in the water challenge, as here he is in his shorts...

Now, I wish we could definitively say that the guy on the left was Matt, and not Jay....we don't have a siting of Jay's bathing suit either. What we have is Castaway208 identifying him as Matt. I do believe that those shorts that we are speculating are Matt's are also seen in the water basketball challenge opposing Colton. If Matt is on blue tribe, than Colton is indeed on the Orange tribe.

Posted by Polonium on 02-08-12 at 00:27 AM
I believe the man pushing Jonas into the water in those screenshots is Jay, not Troyzan.

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-08-12 at 08:36 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-08-12 AT 09:13 AM (EST)

Welcome to Blows, Polonium. So, you believe that who we thought was Troyzan, I think first spec'd by Blind Freddy, is actually Jay. Now that's a question I can sink my teeth into....just thankful your question didn't involve trunks and shorts!

I am going to take this up in the new Ep Post-shuffle Challenge thread, located here.

Frankly, before we even get started with comparisons, I may be in agreement with you just by the virtue that he's NOT wearing any bracelets...fwiw.

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-02-12 at 09:27 AM
New Promo posted at Survivor Fever, here. Tarzan vs. Troyzan. Greg asks to be called, Tarzan, and Troy comments in confessional that he's Troyzan, so the other Tarzan has to go...

Both as seen wearing orange buffs doing the sling shot challenge, which imo, is likely to happen in Episode 2, post episode 1.

Here is the transcript:
Transcript:

Announcer: On the new Survivor there can only be one king
of the jungle.

Greg: *Tarzan yell*

Jeff: What's your name?

Greg: Tarzan.

Troy (camera confessional): One guy's called Tarzan.
I'm like, he can't be Tarzan. I'm Troyzan.

Jeff (calling challenge): Troyzan and Tarzan are now neck
and neck.

Greg (camera confessional): I have no fear about my physical ability,
I am a stud.

Troy (camera confessional): This is my sand, this is my island.
I've gotta get rid of Tarzan. I can't have him around.
Adios muchacho.

Also, another interesting vidcap:

Sure looks like Greg is at a challenge that involves water, here...

Posted by tullfan on 02-02-12 at 10:55 AM
FlowerPower,

I also saw 4 new 20 second contestant specific promos at Survivor Skills.

They had one about Leif that confirms that Leif/Michael/Sabrina make it to that water/basketball challenge and that post-swap Leif is on Manono and Michael and Sabrina end up on Salani. They also show another Manono female that I can't make out.

They had another promo about Colton being a snake and show him getting into a shoving match with Bill after he says that he is going to vote Bill out. If Colton is that overtly aggressive, I don't see him lasting long.

There is a promo about Alicia being a big flirt.

The last promo is focused on Kim Spradlin being a huge threat. There is nothing really special about Kim for her to get an individual promo. She is not a big character or a unique contestant like Leif. If last season is a precendent (as with Sophie), then congratulations to Kim Spradlin, the winner of Survivor: One World.

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-02-12 at 11:05 AM
Great stuff, tullfan! It confirms our speculation then! I also see a shot of Christina and Greg, in the latest promo, and I think it is from the start of the water challenge, which would make it post ep 1, AND post tribal shuffle....Christina will be on Manono, Orange tribe with Greg post tribal shuffle.

I will try and go to Skills to check them out, thanks! I agree Kim is going to be one to watch....I'll remember that you said it first if she wins!

Posted by tullfan on 02-02-12 at 11:32 AM
>Great stuff, tullfan! It confirms
>our speculation then! I also
>see a shot of Christina
>and Greg, in the latest
>promo, and I think it
>is from the start of
>the water challenge, which would
>make it post ep 1,
>AND post tribal shuffle....Christina will
>be on Manono, Orange tribe
>with Greg post tribal shuffle.
>
>
>I will try and go to
>Skills to check them out,
>thanks! I agree Kim
>is going to be one
>to watch....I'll remember that you
>said it first if she
>wins!
>
>
>
>
>

Flowerpower, you are right. In Leif's video you cans see that Christina is in that challenge and ends up on Manono post-swap. The video for Kim spoils that the women win the coconut sling shot challenge. Colton's video shows him talking to a group of women and saying that he is "gong ot destroy them". Sounds like Colton is on the outs on the men's tribe early on.

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-02-12 at 11:51 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-12 AT 12:24 PM (EST)

Here is the video promo showing that the girls win a challenge in episode 2....NOTE that it is pre-tribal shuffle. It could be the coconut sling shot challenge but it may not be. Note that there are mud slides, and ring tosses as well. There could be 2 challenges in ep 2, a reward and an IC...

Clearly, the women win it, so my spec is that they win a reward challenge. I think the first 2 boots are both women, as we see ALL of the men accounted for in the water challlenge, which is post tribal shuffle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWxezg4gYMw

Click on replay to see it! Also there are new videos found on youtube if you just type in:

Survivor One world Leif, Survivor one world Colton, Survivor One world Alicia

Good stuff! Still, I can find NO vidcap evidence of Kourtney, Chelsea, or Nina! Keep looking!

New vidcaps from promo on Kim....clearly the girls win this challenge. I don't know if it is the sling shot coconut challenge or not, but I certainly suspect that it is a REWARD challenge, as I speculate that the first 2 boots are both female, as all the men in the water challenge, post tribal shuffle challenge are seen in vidcaps.

Here are the shots of the Salani tribe, pre tribal shuffle challenge that they WIN:

Here is who I see in these frames going left to right...Alicia, Kat, Monica, Matt, Michael, Kimberly, Christina, Troyzan, and Sabrina on the far right of the frame....no siting of Kourtney, Chelsea, or Nina, that I can see....

Posted by tullfan on 02-02-12 at 12:05 PM
I would be surprised if Chelsea is voted out so early. She is very strong and is one of Probst's favorites to win. Maybe Chelsea is the med-evac. Note that Colton is talking to Nina, Kimberly, Kat and Alicia when he gives his rant in his video.

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-02-12 at 12:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-12 AT 01:04 PM (EST)

Tullfan: Yes, I agree, I would be shocked to see if Chelsea is voted out early as well, but we just don't know. Most likely Kourtney is the med-evac, no? OFG has spoiled that she breaks her arm, of course we don't know if it is during the show, or AFTER the show....could have occured at any time, so we don't know if it is while competing or even while they are taping. We just know that when she was away from home, the USA, that she broke her arm. Regardless, however, we just do not have any evidence of them in any of the vidcaps. I posted the shots of Salani winning the challenge in the above post, edited them in, and still there is no siting of Kourtney, Nina, or Chelsea. I really suspect that 2 of those three are our first boots, while one is left to be on the Orange, Manono tribe post shuffle.

ETA: After going back and watching the One World: Kim promo, I agree that there are 2 challenges shown. The one that they win as noted above, may indeed be the sling shot coconut challenge...note that Kim's hair is BRAIDED...

Now, taken from the mudslide and ring toss challenge...
Here she is in mid ring toss, note her hair is pulled back and tucked into the elastic pony tail holder, but NOT in a braid...

Now here, from most likely the same challenge but the mudslide part of it....note her hair, pulled back and tucked in the elastic but NOT in a braid...

In this picture you can see that Kim is wearing her blue buff around her middle, just below her bathing suit top....so, we can not tell if this challenge, the ring toss/mudslide challenge is PRE Tribal shuffle, OR POST tribal shuffle. I would speculate that it is post tribal shuffle....fwiw.

Posted by Blind Freddy on 02-02-12 at 01:58 PM
Good job all on the IDs!

Just to note in a frame by frame analysis, there is a 7th person's arm visible high-fiveing Kat from the left side of the frame...so *presumably* female. At that sec of frame Alica is hidden behind Kat and Michael & Matt are behind Monica

So apparently 7 females tribe menbers are present and at least 5 male tribe members are present.

Present...
Females(blue buffs): Kim, Kat, Christine, Sabrina, Alicia, Monica + 1 unknown
Males(orange buffs): Matt, Michael, Troy, Greg, Leif

Missing/not IDed....
Females: Chelsea, Nina, Kourtney (Note: one of these 3 is likely the arm in the left of frame in pic above)
Males: Jonas, Jay, Colton, Bill

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-02-12 at 02:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-12 AT 02:22 PM (EST)

Thanks for the labels, Blind Freddy! I had missed Leif! And, you are right, that is a different arm that can be ID'd.

Also, note the ropes at the front of where the guys are standing....I have drawn a red arrow pointing to them....are these from the sling shot challenge or no? These ropes do not look like the slings for the sling shots...

For comparison, here are shots of the sling shot challenges....

Also, I think this seals the deal, here is a shot of the sling shot challenge run by the press, and clearly the apparatus in front of the guys when they lose the challenge is NOT the sling shot challenge!!!

Speculation: Could the challenge that the girls, tribe Salani, pre-tribal shuffle, be the reward challenge of episode 2, girls win. Then the sling shot challenge, as seen above, done PRE-tribal shuffle be the IC, that most likely the men on Manono will win?

"Leif promo (water chal)"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 02-02-12 at 12:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-12 AT 12:54 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-02-12 AT 12:48 PM (EST)

Here is the Leif promo as posted at Survivor Fever(ty Mayan Sun)
I know it's already being discussed for IDs in some catch-all promo posts above, but thought it best to post it here separately to allow for comment specifically to it.

Leif promo video link:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/2192053563/survivor-one-world-leif

SF vidcap page link:
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s24_leif.html

Transcript:
----------------------
Announcer: On the new Survivor looks can be deceiving.

Leif: Being a little person, people underestimate me.

Jeff: Leif, the smallest guy out there but working the hardest.

Leif: But the bigger they are the harder they fall, right?
People won't even know what hit them.
---------------------------

---------------------------
Comment:
Leif is clearly present in this water chal (volleyball) as well as Sabrina. Also apparently present is Michael and an additional orange buff gal...speced by some to be Christina. Your thoughts?

"RE: Leif promo (water chal)"
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-02-12 at 01:14 PM
Thanks so much for posting BF! Great to have the whole promo, I just went and grabbed a few shots taken from the youtube video. Clearly, Leif and Christina are on the orange tribe, Manono. Also good to note is this...

The water basketball game, post tribal swap is indeed for IMMUNITY!

In this shot we have Michael on blue, trying to get Leif out of the way...

....while Sabrina, on blue, has her arms around a girl on orange tribe, who has the ball....wish I could see who that was...

Also Blind Freddy, could you blow up this shot and check if you can make out the folks that are on the left side of the frame....

Posted by Blind Freddy on 02-02-12 at 02:31 PM
Hereyago...not sure how much it will help. This is a crop from the full size 720 HD frame. unaltered

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-02-12 at 02:41 PM
Thanks so much, BF....still can't make out anyone...;-(

Appreciate the blow up though!

"Kim promo - slip/slide & ring toss chals, celebration"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 02-02-12 at 03:10 PM
Here's the Kim promo that shows several chal scenes...all most likely from post E1 timeframes. Slip/slide chal, ring toss chal and a victory celebration by the women.

Video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWxezg4gYMw

Vidcaps/transcript page at Survivor fever (ty Mayan Sun)
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s24_kim.html

Transcript:
-----------------------
Announcer: On the new survivor, an all around threat.

Kim: I'm a huge fan of the game and it gives me a huge
advantage.

Jeff Probst (calling slip/slide challenge): Big launch!

Kim: I'm competitive. I'm really tough. I just want to
PLAY BIG. I'm passionate about the game. I love the game.

I really can't believe I'm here.
-----------------------

"RE: Kim promo - slip/slide & ring toss chals, celebration"
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-02-12 at 04:06 PM
Thanks for posting, BF! It was fun to spoil it before it was posted.... I agree with you...

promo that shows several chal scenes...all most likely from post E1 timeframes.

Episode one challenge was done when they did not have their bathing suits. Also note in the frame below, there is Colton, sitting down on the left side of the frame...

Posted by Blind Freddy on 02-02-12 at 04:42 PM
Re: "Colton, sitting down on the left side of the frame"

Good catch...I missed that I was so focused on the foreground...lol.

So remaining missing in action are Bill, Jonas & Jay for the guys and Kourtney, Nina and Chelsea for the gals. So if Colton is sitting this chal out, then perhaps the guys might be up in numbers at this timeframe.

Posted by Blind Freddy on 02-02-12 at 06:19 PM
Adding on some more things I noticed....

Everyone is wearing a waist belt in this chal w/a leash & clip. So I spec that this chal is some kind of relay or 'free your tribmates' type chal with Sabrina apparently the last 'freed' tribemate.

And I've found Jay. Looks like he might be sitting???...but this is a different area from Colton and behind the active players. I can't tell for sure if he's wearing a chal belt but it kinda looks like he might be wearing one.

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-02-12 at 07:20 PM
Great work, Blind Freddy! Awesome eyes! This could be a challenge like last year, the maypole challenge, where they had to wrap the pole, then relay over to others who had to do a puzzle on the ground....they used those waist belts then as well. And, the one's that did the pole wrap waited in a holding pen, such as the one we see in that vidcap with the girls celebrating....

And, yes, that is Jay. I think Colton is sitting the challenge out, so, as you note, just more evidence that the girls lose the episode one challenge.

Well done!

"Colton promo - confronts Bill pitch to 4 gals"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 02-02-12 at 03:47 PM
Here's the Colton promo which shows a confrontation between Colton and Bill. Plus Colton pitches his line to 4 gals: IDs? Nina/Kim/Kat/Alicia.

Video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up23ZLEbVBs&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Vidcaps at Survivor Fever (ty Mayan)
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s24_colton.html

Transcript:
Announcer: On the new Survivor, there will be snakes

Colton (talking to Nina, Kim, Kat, Alicia): If they want to play
this game, I will destroy them.

Colton (talking to Bill): I'm gonna go tell.

Colton (camera confessional): I won't backstab anyone.
If I want to stab them I will backstab them in the face.

Bill (pointing his finger at Colton): You don't sit here and talk
to people however you want to, dude.

Colton (camera confessional): I can be scary when i need to be.

"RE: Colton promo - confronts Bill pitch to 4 gals"
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-02-12 at 04:09 PM
Thanks for posting these here, BF. I think in this frame...

Colton (talking to Nina, Kim, Kat, Alicia): If they want to play
this game, I will destroy them.

Colton is clearly talking to these girls as allies, no matter who's tribe he is on. He is talking to them most likely about some of the guys on his tribe...imo

"RE: Colton promo - confronts Bill pitch to 4 gals"
Posted by tullfan on 02-02-12 at 07:59 PM
For what its worth, there is an additional 20 second promo for Sabrina up at Skills now. It shows her going up against Christina in the water challenge. I doubt that there is anything there that will give us the missing Manono female. I agree with the consensus that the first 2 out are likely to be Kourtney and Nina. It is also possible that this season could be like Samoa where 3 contestants were eliminated in the first 2 episodes (2 voted out and 1 evacuated) which is why we never see any of those 3 women in the challenge, If that were the case then it would be odd that Salani would have 8 to 7 on Manono but with an even distribution mix it wouldn't really make any difference and Manono does have 5 men to 4 on Salani.

"Sabrina promo - water chal w/Christina"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 02-02-12 at 10:04 PM
Here's the Sabrina promo that shows Sabrina(w/blue buff) and Christina(w/orange buff) in the water chal and Sabrina w/blue buff in sling shot chal.

Video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NpVXEwWFn-g

Vidcaps at Survivor Fever here(ty Mayan)
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s24_sabrina.html

Transcript:
------------------------
Announcer: On the new Survivor, one Survivor is looking to school the
competition.

Sabrina: I'm a high school teacher in one of the roughest neighborhoods
in Brooklyn...

Jeff Probst (calling a challenge): Sabrina! Great defense!

Sabrina: ...I'm stepping over syringes and I'm dodging pitbulls.
I'm ready to rock and roll. I am a competitor.
------------------------

"Press Images"
Posted by tribephyl on 02-05-12 at 06:06 AM

"Observations from Press"
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-06-12 at 09:02 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-06-12 AT 09:05 AM (EST)

Thanks for posting, Tribe. First of all, they disembark from the truck, and Jiffy splits them into girls vs. boys. They are given directions to their camp, the girls get there first. A few supplies are there in a bag on the camp banner, along with a bag of brand new buffs. Buffs are passed out, and directions are given, in the form of tree mail. Note, Leif and Tarzan going over them.

For the most part it seems the boys stayed with the boys, and the girls stayed with the girls. Except Colton, who seemed to gravitate more toward the women than the guys as noted...

....and of course we have the video footage of him telling the ladies that: If they want to play this game, I will destroy them. **Please note that the press image just above of Colton and Kat, Kat has the same yellow hair band on her wrist as she does below...most likely the two pictures are from the same time frame...

and, telling Bill later, that he'll vote him out, and then Bill yelling at him,

Bill (pointing his finger at Colton): You don't sit here and talk
to people however you want to, dude.

To tell you the truth, I can not tell if they have built one large shelter, OR, two separate shelters?

Then we have the challenge shots, and note here, that the boys are winning during the balance beam portion...of course we know that they will indeed win...

One other observation that I made....

Look on the tree behind Sabrina....those look like tally marks to me, the ones that Ozzy made with his machete when he was on Redemption Island! WOW! Same place where Ozzy was living! Beautiful!

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 02-06-12 at 07:17 PM
Wow, we sure have a ton of vidcaps now! And more to come no doubt ...

I have an extremely presumptuous request/idea, in that it asks for other people to do work ... so I do not EXPECT it from our hard-working vidcap experts, but I think it would help ...

I wonder if at this time we could have new vidcap topics that are sorted as best as possible into time frames, as in:

Ep 1
Ep 2 pre-swap
Ep 3 and later post-swap.

I just spent ten minutes scrolling up and down looking for a shot I had seen last time I was here, and could not find it. My finger got sore from scrolling.

I really like the MESS Hall format for each episode. They do one topic for each challenge. Those are for vidcaps and whatever else is known about the challenge only.

Then they do a topic for Riddles, which is the episode topic for the misdirection, teasers, and so forth, which gets all the in-camp vidcaps. Then they post a NEW topic for each episode for discussing editing, which is the Story Arcs topic.

This organization keeps topics from getting unwieldy.

Just a thought. But in any case, I really think it is time to sort the caps into Ep 1, pre-swap, and post-swap. Preferable with the different challenges of the post-swap having their own sections so that all the shots we think are in that challenge are compiled together.

Posted by tribephyl on 02-06-12 at 07:43 PM
Yes. That will be the norm from here on out.
In fact when posting some of the above caps I was tempted to label them ep 1, future ep, blah blah but as I quickly figured out there are at least 3 different challenges shown and I was not able to definitively place any challenge as ep 1, ep 2 or after. Therefore rather than set up multiple threads that may or may not be for the actual episode they are from I figured a catchall was best to start with.

However, I sense that that will soon change.
So I can promise that ep2 will be getting it's own thread. and every episode afterwards, just like every season prior, here at Blows.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 02-06-12 at 10:44 PM
Thanks for responding, tribe!

So I can promise that ep2 will be getting it's own thread. and every episode afterwards, just like every season prior, here at Blows.

Oh, I did assume that. I know this is just pre-premiere chaos. However, I think it has reached the level where a new vidcaps topic is warranted even to spoil Ep 1. I seriously cannot find anything I want in this topic due to its size alone. You all have done a bang up job of labeling the promos and organizing, but they are simply too many caps at this point to navigate it. I mean, it took me MINUTES just to scroll back up to where I could get to the listing of posts.

I think FlowerPower has done a great job of separating which challenge is in which caps, and that the future topics could be started now, but maybe just an Ep 1 topic and a Future episodes topic.

I don't even care if some of the guesses are wrong. That doesn't override how useful it would be to have a topic with the known future challenge caps.

Posted by tribephyl on 02-07-12 at 02:16 AM
true that. and since we are heading into the '1 week left' phase we'll get a battery of new commercials to ponder over. If I get to it first, I will start a new thread, as at 81 messages this one is getting unwieldy, and I am in agreement, we should definitely move on.

*rubs hands together*
Checks SF.
Nope.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 02-07-12 at 03:22 AM
you're awesome, tribe ...