URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7814
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S25: They made Bad, Bad Moves? (2nd Chances)"

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-20-11 at 00:21 AM
Some theme music for this topic:
Never Make Your Move Too Soon

Poster YESsheIS at Sucks posts:
Two weekends ago CBS 'seceretly' brought several veteran cast members to New York City to film a promotional video (commercial?) for season 25. I don't have confirmation on what it will be called, but I know it will involve past players....but not on an All-Star capacity.
http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/sreply/7931868/The-End

Survivor's Unite, who correctly spoiled the F3 and returnee this season, says that it is Second Chances as well.
http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/sreply/7929347/The-End

Some earlier posts by YES:
Survivor 25 will be returning players who didn't win because of a bad move.

You can stop speculating on Survivor 25. It will not be a new cast. It will be former (non-winners) who made a bad move. I don't have location yet, but will post when I get it.

It will not be an All-Star cast and it will not really be labeled 2nd Chances. The only confirmed cast member I have so far is Andrew Savage from Pearl Islands.

No, it's not speculation. And it's not really being labeled an All-Stars. It's basically past players that made a bad move, sort of like Second Chance....but they won't call it that.
______

Will Brandon Hantz be invited? Cochran? Matt? JT? Erik Reichenbach? Ian? Shii Ann? Billy Garcia? (Billy, some moves shouldn't be made at all).

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S25: They made Bad, Bad Moves? (2nd Chances)"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 12-20-11 at 00:45 AM
Thanks OFG! Hadn't heard about this.

So many players could fit this category....seems like Erik, Cochran and Brandon are shoo-ins. It's tougher to think of females, hmm.

Posted by television on 12-20-11 at 00:50 AM
Well, interesting idea... I've always thought it would be nice if a reality show could do something like this to balance out the mega-A-type-personality train wreck that is an all-star season (despite the fact that this is taking away the chance from new people to be on the show).

I see a couple of possible positives. One being that, if they're going to go whole hog into the idea of a low-key, non-all-stars version, it will hopefully keep them from casting some of the more odious DAWs. Second, it might be a breath of fresh air to some of us fans (such as those who post on here) who like to remember all the castaways instead of the super-hyped 'characters' that have come to dominate the season's editing more and more in recent years. Also, it's a bit of a chance for a nerd-fest for those of us who've followed the show and said 'what if'?

Of course, knowing how this show has gone, it'll probably just be a tremendous disappointment; but I can always hope. If Andrew Savage is confirmed, it means that they're kind of trolling the banks of the obscure, as his 'screw up' wasn't even really shown on camera (IIRC, Rupert was ready to take his 3 of him, Ryno and Tijuana with Rupe's 3 of him, Sandra and Trish, but Andrew refused until it was too late and got voted out). So, who knows who might be included? Maybe that surfer guy from China that got switched tribes with James and immediately voted out because he was a threat? I've always viewed that as the unfair-bad luck equivalent of a bad cab driver in the Amazing Race. The only guys I can really think of off the top of my head (that haven't already had a chance to come back) are Erik and Ian, both of whom I'd be happy to see again. I guess Brandon too, who would probably be interesting to see again - I give that kid a chance, and he's so sensitive and young that he might actually change. Most of the big boneheaded screwups have been people who've already got a second chance, like Tyson, JT, James...

I'm interested to see what happens, thanks for posting this!

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-20-11 at 03:06 AM
Encouraging thoughts ...
I liked Andrew, and Probst liked him too.

Aaron was the player in China. Another one who got screwed by swap was Marcus in Gabon (not a fave of Probst though). Marcus made the move of tossing an immunity idol into the ocean. (Marcus <3 )

Marty in Nicaragua gave his HII to Sash.

I would like to see them give some of the injured and evac'd another chance:
I doubt Mike Skupin would still want it, but maybe Penner, Joe from Tocantins (although he was boring, but he did get a raw deal), and Russell Swann from Samoa.

Women --
Christy in Amazon was wishy washy and got voted out, as did Dolly in Vanu'atu.

Kathy in All Stars agreed to let Amber stay over Jerri, although it was mostly Lex's screw-up.

Betsy in Samoa made the mistake of challenging Russell, as did Marisa.

Misty in PEI came on too strong with flirting, as did Sydney in Tocantins. (A stretch, but Probst liked Sydney).

Oh here's one, Stephanie (and Krista) allied with Russell.

Kristina and Francesca trusted Phillip.

Andrea allied with Matt and couldn't lose the stigma.

Jaimie in China fell for a fake HII.

and they could probably make up some excuse to put Brenda on, like NOT scrambling when she learned she was going.

Posted by television on 12-21-11 at 02:30 AM
I like your thoughts on the female characters, my memory is far from encyclopedic so I was having trouble thinking of any. But Stephanie seemed like a character that the editors liked, and I didn't hate. And yeah, Brenda's mistake was not lasting long enough, in the eyes of Survivor.

Maybe they could bring back Ted for making the biggest mistake in Survivor history - grinding Ghandia.

Posted by Flowerpower on 12-20-11 at 08:24 AM
Wow, this is an interesting concept! Andrew Savage will be PERFECT! I also think that Ace Gordon from Gabon will be a good one. HIs only mistake was to trust Sugar...I also think that Austin Carty would be good, and what about Hunter from Marquesas? Or, Gina, for that matter. Margaret from Guatamala made the mistake of ticking off Judd. I would rather see Jim come back from South Pacific, he really seemed to be playing a good game.

What about Stephanie from Redemption Island? Amy O'Hara from Guatamala? I also think Marisa would be an excellent choice. This could be fun. I sure hope they don't ruin it with the Hantz family....UGH!

Posted by michel on 12-20-11 at 10:10 PM
>Wow, this is an interesting concept!
> Andrew Savage will be
>PERFECT!

It would be interesting to see him again but not because he made a bad move. He didn't.

>I also think that
>Ace Gordon from Gabon will
>be a good one. His
>only mistake was to trust
>Sugar

Actually, Ace had everyone against him from Day 1. Remember how Marcus, Charlie and Corinne agreed to let him think he was in charge? Ace was a bad player but a good character.

>I also think that Austin
>Carty

Why? He was incredibly boring. Bobdawg is the best choice from EI.

>Margaret from Guatamala made the
>mistake of...

...being on the wrong side of a tribal swap. I'd rather see Judd.

Posted by michel on 12-20-11 at 10:04 PM
What bad move did Savage do? Nothing that we were shown. If he is an indication of things to come then we can have anyone fit the mold.

Posted by Brownroach on 01-05-12 at 02:25 PM
He didn't do enough to placate Lil, so she turned on her old tribe at the merge. Also, I seem to remember that he refused an offer from Rupert to form an alliance, although I don't remember if we were shown that or if it was revealed after the fact.

Pretty flimsy qualifications for "bad move" status, I agree.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 01-05-12 at 08:20 PM
Now people who claim to have lists say that Savage is not on.
So far the postings seem dubious as far as any special credibility goes. We will see in a few months what the grapevine says amongst former Survivors, and who has deactivated their Facebook and so forth.