URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7801
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"E12 Title - 'Ticking Time Bomb'"

Posted by Blind Freddy on 11-30-11 at 05:36 PM
A place for teaser and clue discussion for E12

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: E12 Title - 'Ticking Time Bomb'"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-30-11 at 05:45 PM
Well, duh, sure sounds like somebody's talking about Brandon. At this point in the game, it could be any of the other Upolus that says this.

Posted by Brownroach on 11-30-11 at 07:07 PM
We can assume the eponymous Time Bomb will tick into Episode 13 rather than explode in Episode 12. We weren't born yesterday.

Posted by dabo on 12-02-11 at 11:03 AM
tick tick tick tick...

I do wish the CBS monkeys would at least be faster than Maxx, they still haven't posted their clues!

The starvation stuff that was foretold didn't come true last episode, so I expect that now the fishing dries up and Brandon's providor failure becomes a central point in the story.

"E12 Press Release teaser"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 12-02-11 at 12:51 PM
From CBS....

---------------------
DURING AN EMOTIONAL FAMILY REUNION, THE DYNAMICS IN THE TRIBE CHANGE WHEN A RELATIVE CROSSES THE LINE, ON "SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC," WEDNESDAY, DEC. 7

CHEAT TWEET:Reunion time on #Survivor! A castaway’s relative crosses the line & may ruin their chances @ the million. 12/7 8pmET/PT

"Ticking Time Bomb" – A relative crosses the line during the emotional family reunion, and an unlikely secret alliance threatens the pecking order of the Te Tuna tribe, on SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC, Wednesday, Dec. 7 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
--------------------------

"RE: E12 Press Release teaser"
Posted by kingfish on 12-02-11 at 01:02 PM
The relative smells like a Hantz (hard to mistake that odor), even though Brandon doesn't have a chance in Samoa of winning the Million anyway.

And the unlikely alliance smells of Coach and Ozzy, which would threaten Coach's spot in the T-T pecking order.

Posted by dabo on 12-02-11 at 02:07 PM
I think the unlikely alliance is more likely to be either Rick and Edna or Coach and Edna. Coach gives hope to the lambs going to slaughter. In any event, Edna is storming around camp, "I am not a number, I am an anesthesiologist!"

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-02-11 at 04:52 PM
What if this "castaway's relative crosses the line and may ruin their chances at the million" is indeed related to Mr Russhole Hantz, but not necessarily damaging his nephew's chances ... But rather hurting someone else? Like Coach, perhaps? It wouldn't surprise me to see Russhole screwing around with Coach or Ozzy "just because".

Posted by 5cats on 12-02-11 at 05:15 PM
I totally agree PePe. I bet he does or says something that screws with Coach's game. It probably won't work but it may lead to Albert, Sophie...thinking about getting rid of The Benji. We can only hope! maybe he'll state that no one can beat Coach in the final 3 which is what Rob C. has also said or predicted. Or maybe he'll just beat the crap out of him. L

Posted by 5cats on 12-02-11 at 05:27 PM
Whoops, guess it's Brandon's dad who goes after Coach. Must lead to B.s meltdown and demise.

Posted by Belle Book on 12-02-11 at 05:57 PM
I'm curious -- do you have any proof that it's Brandon's dad and not Troll that goes after Coach?

Posted by 5cats on 12-02-11 at 06:52 PM
Watch the Promo. Link on other thread.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 12-03-11 at 11:19 AM
Here's the VO from the new promo that spells out it's Brandon's dad trying to bullying Coach per the clues:

Announcer: Wednesday, Brandon's dad arrives to shake up the game.

Coach: Brandon's dad tries to bully me.

Announcer: Brandon freaks out.

Brandon (talking to his dad): Spit on a million dollars!

Brandon's Dad: Are you kidding me?

Announcer: How will this impact the others?

Coach: It's all about manipulation and control and the Hantz family are the kingpins.

------

P.S. It's worth checking out the vidcaps. Brandon and his dad look so much alike....sounds like we'll all get to see firsthand why Brandon is such a mess emotionally.

"my digested version"
Posted by tribephyl on 12-03-11 at 04:01 AM
During an emotional Family Reunion, the dynamics in the tribe change when PoppaHantz crosses the line...which may ruin Brandon's chances at the million.

An unlikely secret alliance (of Edna, Sophie and Albert) threatens the pecking order of the Te Tuna tribe.

Tribe dynamics WILL change.
Brandon's chances are NOT ruined. (Yet)

The pecking order is NOT threatened.

"RE: my digested version"
Posted by Belle Book on 12-03-11 at 05:28 PM
An alliance of Albert, Edna and Sophie would be surprising -- well, one with Albert and Edna would be since he's been the one to want Edna out from early on! Sophie being allied with Edna isn't so surprising. Of course, an alliance between Edna & Rick (the other alternative) would be equally surprising since she tried to get rid of Rick.

I'd probably jump at the chance to get rid of Brandon, but I guess Upolu doesn't want to turn on the core alliance yet. So the pecking order won't be threatened, sad to say.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-03-11 at 02:13 AM
The unlikely alliance should be between two Upolu who have not been seen as possible allies, and somehow it shakes up the order, which is currently Edna going this time.

Coach and Edna would not be unlikely, nor would Sophie and Albert.
Nor Coach with Sophie (or Albert).

Edna voted against Rick, so Edna and Rick would now be unlikely, but maybe too much so.

Albert and Rick are unlikely because they don't like each other.
Edna and Sophie would be unlikely, as would Edna and Albert.

One possibility is Coach and Rick. Rick was down on Coach Day One, plus we have had hints that they hang out more than is shown.

It's a tough one, because the alliance might involve Edna saving herself with someone's help, or it may not be Edna's doing at all, rather there is a shift where the need to get rid of either Albert or Brandon supersedes the need to boot Edna in her pre-determined ranking.

Posted by dabo on 12-03-11 at 02:43 AM
Basically, I think it is hype leading to another boring predictable episode. Edna is scrambling because she is at the bottom of the totem pole. Brandon is useless so her next best ally is Rick, the guy she was willing to vote out the last time.

Posted by 5cats on 12-03-11 at 05:23 PM
I think that no matter what happens Edna will go next and then Brandon. Coach, if he was smart, would replace Sophie with Rick as she has more of a chance beating C. than Rick. And I don't think Albert has a chance in getting any votes unless the jury just refuse to vote for Coach.
Why these people don't blindside Coach is a mystery to me and I wish Whitney or someone said while leaving RI, Hey sheep, if you don't get rid of Benji we will all vote for him. Love to see Benji when he gets nervous. I can easily see him winning if he is in the final 3.

Posted by Brownroach on 12-04-11 at 09:01 PM
I agree -- Edna has no connection to anyone but Coach, so her being in an "alliance" with anyone else at all is "unlikely". Rick is the one she would approach since there was at least the possibility of him being booted last time.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 12-05-11 at 02:15 AM
Just read Jeff's EW "teaser" for this week and it basically confirms that it'll be a boring, predictable episode with the next person in line (Edna) going home, since all he can give us is that he can't wait for the RI duel between Ozzy and Cochran:

EW: And now the Upolu folks must eat their own. Tease us up for next week, Jeff!
JP: Well, the thing I’m most excited about is Cochran and Ozzy on Redemption Island. Is there any chance Cochran could win?

Posted by dabo on 12-05-11 at 01:00 PM
I will give Production credit this season on the duels and challenges. The duels themselves seem to be the best they could come up with to even the playing field for whoever had to show up for them, and the challenges are similarly even (though more difficult). Last season they threw so many puzzles into things that it seemed the whole show was aimed for a Boston Rob victory.