URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7800
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S23 Ep 11 East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by Brownroach on 11-30-11 at 02:43 PM
Tonight's episode is called "Cult-Like". Which made me think of the band Blue Öyster Cult. Which reminded me of their song "(Don't Fear) The Reaper." And then I realized

that Christopher Walken would be a superb casting choice to play Coach in the movie.

Gearing this up now because I will be in a meeting later. Last chance to order pizza this week

-- order early so that it will arrive in time for you to eat while watching the next two jurors get evicted. And as usual please keep discussion of the proceedings contained within this thread until the show has aired on the west coast, or until Coach and Cochran have performed their version of "Monster Mash", whichever happens first.

*** In memory of vince3 ***

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S23 Ep 11 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by Belle Book on 11-30-11 at 06:10 PM
I'll order two pepperoni pizzas with the pepperonis resembling Dawn and Whitney, please.

Belle Book

Posted by Brownroach on 11-30-11 at 09:04 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-11 AT 09:04 PM (EST)

Coach says they have to start sending home their own now. Edna is worried. So is Cochran. He needs to do something.

"Needs a little more cowbell! "
Posted by Flowerpower on 11-30-11 at 09:04 PM
Previously on Survivor:

Since day 1 Coach is the driving force behind a inpenetrable force....plus Edna. Brandon told Edna that the others just tolerated her...

Coach convinced Cochran to jump from 6th to 7th in his alliance, you are the most powerful in the game.

Then, the Upolu's picked off the Savaii one by one....leaving Ozzy at RI to battle it out. Jiffy tells them that this game is about to change as there is no where left to hide...

Seen returning from TC at night....
Coach: And then there were seven....C: We have eradicated all of the Savaii, now we have to send one of owr own

Edna: Now folks have ideas of their own, I am used to seeing my name written down.

Cochran says he's nervous as he was 7th now out of 7. After surviving the other night, he knows that the "family" could turn on him at any time...Gosh, "Helter Skelter".

"Post intro...."
Posted by Flowerpower on 11-30-11 at 09:13 PM
Day 28: Cochran and Brandon....telling them a story, didn't understand how sex worked so he caled girls and said he wanted to trade sperm with him.....REALLY?

Sophie says he's proud of the move that he made and that he still thinks someone will take him to the end...she doesn't like him, she is now choping wood and the rest are looking on. Cochran says that there is a family like cult like air to them, he can't help think of Charles Manson. Brandon is obsessively devout that he seems he's trying to suppress somehting evil....Cochran doesn't want to be Sharon Tate. He wants to persuade a few to vote his way. He calls them all over to talk to them, he notes that he made a big move and that it all benefited them, and it's his birthday, just let me stay one more day...ok, discuss...

Sophie said he knows that we feel indebted to him, " I don't feel indebted to him, screw you"...

Coach likes him and he'd honor him and so would Albert. Sophie doesn't like him...C says that he and Albert would do it, they need one more vote, everyone is fighting to the bitter end, cut to RI....

Ozzy, Dawn, Whit: Balance ceramic dishes on a wobbly arm, when they fall you are out of the duel....

First dish to put on is a large plate, then they add a large bowl, take your time and place it, as the stack grows it will get difficult, see them stack more, Dawn is wobbling already, she went to yawn and it almost cost her the game....they have 9 dishes high, adding a small plate, a million dollar do or die, Ozzy wobbling, then a large bowl, Dawn is out. 3rd member of the jury....adding the 12th dish, a large plate, time to add a small bown, Ozzy is very focused, Whit is not so much, she is wobbling, these she is out...

Posted by Brownroach on 11-30-11 at 09:16 PM
Finally Survivors Amazon and Thailand can be yours on DVD!

Sophie doesn't like that Cochran thinks someone might want to take him to the end.

Cochran talks to Te Tuna. He says it's his birthday in three days, would like to be there for it (the lie?). Coach and Albert feel they do owe Cochran; Sophie doesn't.

TRUEL

Balancing plates, adding as you go.

Now up to nine plates.

Dawn out.

Adding twelfth and thirteenth plates.

Whitney out.

They both hug Ozzy.

Dawn and Whitney both emotional on the way out.

Ozzy more excited for future duels.

"Thailand on DVD?"
Posted by Estee on 11-30-11 at 10:48 PM
Are we being punished?

Posted by Brownroach on 11-30-11 at 09:25 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-11 AT 09:27 PM (EST)

More Ozzy at RI.

Edna wants to do laundry for everyone. Coach calls her Martha Stewart.

Brandon doing awesome fishing as per Cochran.

Edna is shown as being pitted against Albert. Rick sides with Edna, says "Prince Albert" does nothing. Edna complains to Coach that she just found out she is next to go after Cochran. Coach tells her yes. She isn't happy.

"Post RI duel...."
Posted by Flowerpower on 11-30-11 at 09:26 PM
Coach doesn't know whether to be a man of his word, a man of integrity and stay with his stargazer five or to take Edna and Cochran to the end, the two that he'd most like to take because they'd never vote him out....decisions, decisions!

Coach is looking better and better, imo....at least he has options.

"And, the drama continues..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 11-30-11 at 09:36 PM
Day 30, Coach and Cochran doing Tai Coach Chi....he says because we are doing this one or the two of us should win immunity because they are doing Tai Chi....C says that he owes Cochran, hopefully this will empower him.

Cochran says it's a valuable thing to do with C., how do I make C like me, after Coach Chi I have a singular drive to win immunity and I think I can do it....

Cut to Challenge....

Deja Vu...sand bags on the first three crates, first three move on, then sling shot the coconuts to the targets

Winner immunity and spa, massage to work out the kinks of the last 30 days....

Three move on to the final round, toss, Coach lands first one, Sophie lands her first, Brandon, Edna, Coch, Albert lands one, Rick lands one, Coach now has 2 bags. Albert hung on the edge and fell off. Coach, on and off, Sophie lands 2nd, Rich has 2nd, Albert 2nd, Brandon is on and off, Rick is on and off, Albert nails the third, and is on to the final round. Sophie, will not stick, Cochran gets his second, and Rick nails his third, 1 spot remains, C: no, Coch: a little short, Sophie: can she do it right here, and she does!

Albert, Sophie, and Rick, hit 3 targets with coconuts, 1 at a time....Albert misses low, Sophie misses low, rick misses low, Albert gets first, Rick first, Sophie no, Albert no, Rick gets second, Sophie no, Albert just misses, Rick just short, Sophie, no, Albert has second target, Rick, no, Albert knocks 3rd target down immunity and massage!

See Coach and Coch sitting next to each other. Get a nice massage with a second table, who will join you....he talks about each one is a family member, he chooses Coach, asks to take one more, then says he'll give my massage up, he says yes, he asks for food in return, he's giving it to Cochran, the birthday boy. He's never had a massage before, he's really going to appreciate it, they will enjoy a nice shower and massage....

Cochran: Albert offered it to me, he's working strategically, or it's a sweet farewell option before I join the jury....

"RE: And, the drama continues..."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-30-11 at 09:38 PM
I liked Sophie's "WTF?" face as she gave a golf clap while Cochran was walking up to accept the reward. And, ew to the visual of Cochran talking about giving his mom massages - Colby Jr, anyone?

Posted by Brownroach on 11-30-11 at 09:39 PM
Cochran and Coach rehearse Stop in The Name Of Love.

IC time.

SP deja VI, segments from prior challenges. Also spa reward.

Need three bags to move on.

Albert moves on.

Rick moves on.

Sophie moves on.

Must hit three targets with coconuts.

Albert wins immunity and massage!

He must choose someone to join him. He picks Coach. Then asks if he can choose someone else. Probst says no. Albert asks if he can give up his own reward --Probst says sure. He gives it to Cochran.

Cochran wonders if this will afford some strategizing or if it's a pre-boot ploy to secure Cochran's vote.

"There's a Rick on the show?"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-30-11 at 09:48 PM
...and he actually spoke a few words at Tribal Council?

"Tribal Council..."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-30-11 at 09:54 PM
Brandon's verbal diarrhea at TC continues... he comes out openly and says "I'm voting Cochran tonight and then Edna next time."

Shut up, dood. Now he's claiming to be exhausted and having his 147th meltdown of the season. Blah blah blah. Brak brak brak. Cochran says "not a good idea to be allied in terms of strategic ideas with Brandon in this game".

Time for the vote...

Survivor Expert
Rick
Rick
Survivor Expert
Survivor Expert
Survivor Expert

Cochran's out 4-2. (Edna was the other person besides Cochran who voted for Rick)

""I'm Brandon, and this is my voting order.""
Posted by Estee on 11-30-11 at 10:51 PM
"Kill the women! Women are evil!"

"I thought you said you were voting for Cochran first."

"Right! Kill the women!"

"Coach/Cochran bonding shower and massage"
Posted by Flowerpower on 11-30-11 at 09:54 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-11 AT 07:44 AM (EST)

Day 30, Te Tuna, looks like the tables are set up at camp....Thank you Albert....C: Walking back to camp we have tables layed out, with 2 beautiful S pacific women, showers, the water is scented, like Jasmine, C: is trying not to use all of the water...C told everyone his birthday was now, but actually it was 6 months ago....C: says he cous

Oh GOSH, they are showing a little too much of Cochran....C calls him my young warrior....

Coch: After the rub, I pulled Albert aside, Albert told him it's not looking too good, he says that C will not vote out the 5, Cochran says he knows he will, Albert says you don't know how happy it would make me if you went further than Rick, dumber than a bowling ball....Cochran says if Edna and C are in you can count on me. Now see Cochran talking to Edna, Cochran over heard Rick calling Albert Prince Albert, using it to get votes against Rick....Edna says that she is in....

Now we see Coach and Coch: Albert says that Rick is bossy around camp....Cochran tells him he has the three votes, C is pensive, My decision tonight is going to determine the rest of this game....I either take it and go with the new alliance or stay with my first 5, as Will Shakespeare just said, when taken it's good, if not, blah blah , he wants to ride the tide to the end of this game, the game that he loves so dearly....

TC: Jury enters. Coach: Where does this rank with all of the possibilities that could happen to not, he says that they are endless....there is a new scenario every hour....

Cochran after being asked by Jiffy how he feels about being the 7th of 7....I am sure that it will fill the jury with glee
I'm here to collect the debt that I gave to this upolu tribe, I feel like I am entitled to one more night in this game.

albert: I don't regret my decision to give him my reward, and I don't want him to regret his move

Coach says that some think his move was cowardice, but I thought it was couragous.

Rick: Sorry, I missed what Rick had to say....just not used to hearing him utter a word, I guess!

Edna is emotional because I have heard that I am 6th, and now I am sad, because I have been duped....whining....

Jiffy tells her all you need to do is to find who's 4th or 5th and get them.....Brandon: Jeff...he says that there is a lie, if you are ???? then you might be lying. he's not malleable. Brandon, Coach says, he's a blessing and a curse. If you are with him, he won't spill the apple cart....Brandon is crying, he wants to do wrong things, he's human, there is something stronger inside him that won't let him, anything worth having is not easy....that's all...????
Cochran: From a game point of view is this a shot of light?

Coch says he doesn't want to speak strategy with Brandon because he doesn't speak it....he's not the greatest strategy person out here....Sophie says, yes, she's not concerned with the way it is....Cochran says, what if Edna wins immunity, Sophie says, so then it starts.

Cochran: Says if he gets voted out tonight, he thought he was a Survivor expert and he hopes it doesn't go down as one of the most idiotic moves in the history of the game! (HELLO!!!!, Mr. Strategy!)

Rick votes Cochran....happy birthday!

Edna: Rick ~ I am writing your name down and hopefully the other 3 people in our sub alliance will be writing your name down too....Poor, poor Edna...

Vote tally:

Cochran
Rick
Rick
Cochran
Cochron
13th out, Cochran....

See Coach and then Edna, and then the smiling jury....

Albert looks down....Cochran says it's still a dream come true....Then Cochran can't figure out where to exit the TC....Jiffy tells him to just "Use the stairs"...sigh...

Jeff: Alot of information revealed tonight and your future will be determined by what you do with it....

"Best moment of the season"
Posted by OllieKat on 11-30-11 at 09:57 PM
Watching John leave was sweetness personified

Posted by Brownroach on 11-30-11 at 09:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-11 AT 09:58 PM (EST)

Sleaze time.

Cochran gazes at Coach in the shower.

I knew the birthday story was BS.

Cochran pulls aside Albert. C wants to vote Rick, tells A the Prince Albert remarks. Then works on Edna. Now telling Coach that Albert would also vote Rick. Three votes plus Coach's would get Rick out.

TC

Cochran says he's entitled to another night. Albert says he doesn't regret giving Cochran the reward.

Edna should shut up.<<<BR's editorial comment.

Brandon is unequivocally voting out Cochran tonight and Edna next. More wrong vs right BS from Brandon.

Cochran disses Brandon. Albert and Sophie agree.

Time to vote

Rick votes Cochran
Edna votes Rick - ulp

Cochran
Rick
Rick
Cochran
Cochran
Cochran is out

He mumbled something to Jeff as his torch was snuffed that I didn't catch.

Posted by emydi on 12-01-11 at 01:27 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-11 AT 01:27 PM (EST)

Cochran said "getting my torch snuffed by Jeff Probst is a dream come true" or something like that

I did like his blue shirt comment to Jiffy though!

Posted by Brownroach on 12-01-11 at 02:26 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-11 AT 02:39 PM (EST)

What was the blue shirt comment?

ETA: Never mind, I saw it in Dalton Ross's recap. I didn't catch that line during the show. That is funny!

Posted by Brownroach on 11-30-11 at 09:58 PM
Next time it's between Edna and Brandon.

"Next time on Survivor...."
Posted by Flowerpower on 11-30-11 at 10:05 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-11 AT 10:07 PM (EST)

Edna, OUr tribe is based on honor and integrity, and then you allow such behavior....and Brandon's in deep trouble....shows Brandon on a hammock.
Coach: On a day when we thought Edna would be going home, that's not the case anymore.
and Cochran's in deeper....

On Redemption Island, Ozzy is soothing Cochran when Cochran asks Ozzy as they are laying down...."Do you think I stand a chance of beating you in the challenge? , and we hear Ozzy say, you stand a chance! Then, later in confessional Ozzy says, "He really doesn't stand a chance!"

On RI...As Coch approaches the shelter we hear Ozzy say: Cochran, Cochran, Cochran....Cochran: the big move I made at the merge by jumping over to Upolu, in retrospect may not have been the best move, I absolutely feel like Upolu used me. The fact that they did absolutely nothing to show any sort of gratitude other than lip service is insulting to me.

What kind of student of the game is he anyway?

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

"RE: Next time on Survivor...."
Posted by Brownroach on 11-30-11 at 10:08 PM
Cochran is a dunce.

Posted by Estee on 11-30-11 at 10:52 PM

He's a practicing Kenist.

I was really hoping Ozzy's first words would be "So how did that big move work out for you, dumb@$$?"

Posted by Sunny_Bunny on 12-01-11 at 01:47 AM

A failing one.

Posted by kiki_k on 11-30-11 at 11:22 PM
Insulted -- sounds like the same complaints he had against Savai'i having to "beg" them not to vote him out. Sophie admitting that she could see how he could be annoying (think how annoying he was when he was causing the tribe to lose challenges). I guess Upolu bullied him too.

Posted by michel on 12-01-11 at 00:02 AM
"What kind of student of the game is he anyway?"

Maybe he played too many on-line games. In those games, his move would have worked much better. Players on-line always flip alliances after the merge and that's exactly what he told us he planned to do. On the island, people are much more scared to make moves.

Besides, it would have been hard for him to see Brandon's stupidity. That guy isn't playing Survivor. Jeff said all Coachran and Edna had to do was find the #4 and 5 guys but Brandon was one of them and he would never consider changing his vote.

Posted by dabo on 12-01-11 at 03:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-11 AT 03:56 PM (EST)

>The fact that they did absolutely nothing to show any sort of gratitude other than lip service is insulting to me.

Awww, poor little Cochran. Blue meanies only take no for an answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AwvRzOh4RA&feature=player_embedded#!

Posted by Brownroach on 11-30-11 at 10:07 PM
For whatever it may end up being worth, Sophie got a significant editing bump tonight, as a sensible and observant sort.

Posted by Belle Book on 11-30-11 at 10:28 PM
That is interesting. If she is the winner, I wonder if this is the start of her storyline. Or maybe it's just the beginning of her run to the finals, since I think she will be there. Either way, this is a beginning for her.

Edna finally made a move but she should've made one sooner -- like when Dawn and Whitney were still in the game. Of course, they were after her then.

Belle Book

Posted by michel on 11-30-11 at 11:05 PM
> Sophie...
>a sensible and observant sort.

You must have missed what Jeff told her at TC.

Posted by Brownroach on 11-30-11 at 11:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-11 AT 11:37 PM (EST)

Well then why don't YOU attempt to watch and type next time. Or ever.

Posted by michel on 11-30-11 at 11:49 PM
I was just making an observation. Is that not allowed anymore?

Posted by dabo on 12-01-11 at 00:25 AM
>I was just making an observation.

Nuh-uh. Own your contrariness, be proud to be contrary, or don't bother doing it.

Sophie did receive some good attention tonight, comparatively Albert took some hits for having a narrow vision of the game and his head in the sand socially.

Posted by dabo on 12-01-11 at 03:24 AM
So, I reviewed the TC and Jeff said to her it was a revealing TC and she said it wasn't. What Jeff said wasn't really important, her reply was significant; she is confident she is going to Final. Would probably have been smarter to agree with Jeff, he can edit you however he wants.

Posted by michel on 12-01-11 at 08:33 AM
>Would
>probably have been smarter to
>agree with Jeff,

Bingo!

Posted by Brownroach on 12-01-11 at 02:24 PM
Sorry, I had a particularly irritating time trying to type on my droid last night.

Anyway, I was talking about her confessional bump. But I don't see her disagreeing with Jeff as being negative.

Posted by dabo on 12-01-11 at 03:35 PM
She was being honest but at the same time revealed a bit of her game to the others when she didn't have to, and she still could have been honest saying yes. What, is there a gray in the black-and-whites of the world? She fell into the trap of internalizing Jeff's observation when she could have just as easily externalized it. The four members of the jury may have learned a lot they didn't know, had confirmed some things they had only suspected, all manner of things were revealed at TC.

Posted by michel on 12-01-11 at 06:39 PM
This doesn't have anything to do with editing so this is a good place for it: I wonder if Sophie didn't think it through properly: The jury loved seeing Cochran get voted out but they see Coach as being in charge so they will credit him for that. If Sophie had helped Albert and Coach keep Cochran, Coach would have been hated for it and she could have gained plenty of votes.

Posted by michel on 12-01-11 at 06:32 PM
I was surprised by your reply but I could have worded my comment in a better way. I wasn't trying to mock you but wanted to let everyone wonder what I thought exactly of her TC exchange. Think of it as a preview to the editing thread!

"Coach's Quote Factory"
Posted by CTgirl on 11-30-11 at 11:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-11 AT 11:14 PM (EST)

Coach gets a B from me - the quote actually was from Shakespeare (from Julius Caesar). He paraphrased it a bit though.

I thought it was a good episode for Coach and for Sophie and horrible for Albert. Rick and Edna's uptick in face time isn't a good sign for them either. And Brandon continues to be Brandon.

ETA: LOL at Christopher Walken as Coach and LMAO at More Cowbell! One of my all-time favorite SNL skits. I could watch that one over and over again and laugh every time.

"RE: Coach's Quote Factory"
Posted by michel on 11-30-11 at 11:31 PM
This is Coach's season. Notice how the recap had to go back to when he build a strong alliance and how he got Cochran to jump. Sophie's two immunity wins weren't even worth mentioning.

"$#@! Sophie!"
Posted by Round Robin on 12-01-11 at 05:09 AM
Sophie to me is being portrayed as an unlikeable b1tch, and AFAIC that's what she really is. I don't like her one bit, and she hasn't got enough eye candy value to overcome her quasi-nasty personality. If I were the Man Upstairs and she presented herself before St. Pete at the gates, I'd send her to an island full of Cochrans for all eternity, that's how bad she turns me off. If she wins I'll want to upchuck bigtime.