URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID104
Thread Number: 78
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"1-10-08 episode"

Posted by TenPin on 01-11-08 at 12:40 PM
As much as I was looking forward to a new episode of just about anything on TV, I cant help but ask...Wow did anyone else feel that last night’s episode was totally lame?

Talk about preachy… faith this and believe that. I for one am a person of faith, but that episode felt so forced. I do have to admit I like the part of George’s mom solution to his marriage situation. A bit of the contrast between old school and new school thought.

I have to admit that when Bailey started the voice over narration at the beginning of the episode I was somewhat optimistic, but that soon ended. Yes this was a Bailey centered episode, but it is still called Grey’s Anatomy after all.

So who couldn’t tell that the faith healer was going to help Bailey’s baby? From the very first when Bailey found her in the other patient’s room I know she would play a part in Bailey’s big crisis. The conflict of a faith healer in a hospital… how original. Why can’t she just heal herself? First she had to have someone explain to her what the surgery was going to be before she could heal – lame.

I just wish that they would finally make a decision with Derek and Meredith. Sure I’d like to see them together, but I am really tired of this on again off again stuff. Put them together or finally break them up just do it already. Hopefully they started the process in this episode.

About three quarters of the way through the episode I told my wife it really felt like there was some shark jumping going on. Just my honest opinion.

TenPin

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: 1-10-08 episode"
Posted by registerednurse on 01-11-08 at 02:30 PM
I disagree. I thought the episode was great. I am glad George and Izzie are over. I would love to see her and Alex back together. I also love that Derek and Rose are getting together. I am so over Derek and Mereidth. Erica and Sloan, gross! Great Episode.

I also agree with the whole concept of the show. You have to have faith in God, not just medicine. Speaking from experiene, medicine alone can not cure everything.

Posted by agman on 01-11-08 at 05:47 PM
While I wasn't too bothered about the faith lean of the episode, I do think that the whole on again, off again thing with Derrick and Meridith is taking away from the show. I was enjoying most of the show until Meredith finds out about Rose then confronts Derrick and once again.....they're split up again...Yawn.
I like Rose a lot and would much rather see Derrick with her. They need to do something with Meredith's character because all she seems to do is screw up her social relationships. I think her baggage has paraded in front of my T.V. screen long enough.

Posted by dizzie78 on 01-14-08 at 03:56 PM
What did I miss?? When did George and Izzie End it?

Posted by KwietOne on 01-11-08 at 08:06 PM
Well, it's about time Der/Mer are breaking up, OR are they? I just find it unfair to Der for Mer to keep him hanging by a thread. Der is opening up to her and Mer is all being wishy-washy. Der just needs to move on!

I felt the same way Alex felt concerning the faith healers. I just rolled my eyes.

The thing about the Bailey storyline. Do all those residents have nothing to do in that hospital but gather and watch over Bailey and her family? I just find it odd.

Posted by Tenorsaxy on 01-12-08 at 12:46 PM
This used to be my favourite show. But I was bored by this episode. I channel surfed through much of it.

My next song is for Agman.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 01-12-08 at 08:07 PM
I loved the episode......

Loved the interaction concerning George/Callie/Izzie/Mrs. OMalley.

The faith and healing thing didn't bother me at all.

I hope Mer/Der are over with for good.

I agree, the idea of the residents to be all sitting around is not the least bit realistic in such a large hospital.