URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7792
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"EP11 Boot Discussion"

Posted by Krautboy on 11-17-11 at 04:27 PM
Not sure how much time we have to figure out the EP11 Votee Pre-Maxx, but from the previews, Brandon appears to be the decoy.

I feel confident that it will come down to Edna being betrayed by Coach, or Cochran being betrayed by Coach...either way Coach is not gaining any jury votes.

Cochran should be next to go...remember what happened to those who drank the kool-aid?

Krautboy

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: EP11 Boot Discussion"
Posted by Brownroach on 11-17-11 at 05:21 PM
Coach says in the Insider Clips that his dream would be to go the F5 with the original alliance of five that was formed on Day 1. He worries about Albert sometimes, but since Albert did vote with the crowd last night he shouldn't be in trouble.

And Albert says he wants to convince people that he needs to be kept around in case Ozzy returns from RI. Albert is hoping Ozzie will win a few more duels, which will strengthen his case. One way to ensure Ozzy wins the next couple of duels would be to send weak people to RI.

So from all appearances it does look like Cochran and Edna are both RI fodder.

Posted by Krautboy on 11-17-11 at 05:31 PM
BR: I was just posting that Insider Clip from Coach:

"At this point I'd hate to do anything prematurely. I'd hate to go anywhere in this game except to go to the final five with the five people we talked about on day one. That would be nothing short of amazing. I'd hate to cut Albert any sooner. But as I've said many times, this is Coach's last stand. I'm not coming out here again. And nothing, and nobody, is gonna keep me from that final 3."

The insider clips are often misdirection, but unless something changes dramatically in EP11, it appears Cochran or Edna are going home next. Neither of them were part of the original final five alliance.

Krautboy

Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-17-11 at 06:32 PM
I agree, Brandon is misdirection and Coach wants to stick with his original F5. So the question really becomes, does Coach let go of his apprentice/grasshopper first....or his loyal Edna? Which will gain (or lose) him more jury votes? Has Edna lost her usefulness? Is Cochran the best goat to drag along?

Re Edna vs. Cochran:
- Edna says in the Insider Clips that Cochran is next....so that's what she's been told by Coach or Sophie
- Interesting that Cochran was nervous about how he could be next at F7, but when he asked Coach point-blank if he were next, Coach was somewhat noncommittal and didn't give him a guarantee
- Brandon and Rick both say in the Insider Clips that they plan to stay true to their original word....so unless Coach directs them otherwise, I think they both vote Cochran this week
- From a strategic standpoint, Albert and Sophie should want to keep Cochran over Edna.....but it doesn't seem on the surface that they can get the #s to vote out Edna without Coach. I also think that Sophie might feel more allegiance to Edna over Cochran.
- Re the "bros before ho's" tidbit: I originally interpreted it as Edna goes first, but have seen alternate interpretations that also make sense, so not sure it helps us.

It all seems to come down to Sophie and Coach. Guess we'll have to wait another week for more clues/previews, since the recap is next week.

Posted by CTgirl on 11-17-11 at 09:33 PM
I agree with you guys - with all the talk about family and loyalty, I just don't see Upolu doing anything to change the pecking order.

Posted by Flowerpower on 11-17-11 at 05:50 PM
Standing with Krautboy and Brownroach is standing in good company. I agree, gentlemen, that more than likely Brandon is misdirection as the decoy boot, and that Cochran is most likely the OFG Theory ....he's our boot. I think that Edna will be soon thereafter, and then we are down to the Stargazer alliance.

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 11-17-11 at 07:35 PM
I believe it will be very predictable as well... so long Coch-train and good riddance.

That is an interesting quote KB, but certainly NOT a winner's quote for Coach.

Posted by CTgirl on 11-17-11 at 09:35 PM
No, more like a wish fulfillment - Coach get his wish to make final three, but no more!

Posted by Belle Book on 11-17-11 at 09:18 PM
Brandon's the decoy, I agree on that. Since Cochran's the one who came to Coach's alliance latest (and via flipping) and since I want Edna to stick around longer than Cochran (I just like her more, that's all), I'm casting my vote for Cochran as Most Likely to Go to Redemption Island.

Posted by dabo on 11-18-11 at 02:00 AM
Cochran or Edna should be the next to go in coconut chopping Upolu heirarchy. Thing is, though, both are connected to Coach. Coach, despite his claims that he isn't the leader, uses the influence he holds to keep control of things. (Frankly, I think he is a BS artist, but he is the BS artist calling the shots right now.)

Cochran has linked well now to Coach by becoming apprentice to the master. Meanwhile, though it was long ago and far away, Edna was the first friend of Coach way back on Day 1. And would do bedpan duty if need be, to soften up the really nasty way Coach actually put it.

As for the rest of the Upolu...

Albert and Sophie have teamed up, and they are keeping their heads in the game. Albert in particular seems to have a stick up his butt about Edna, she's too close to Coach or something, who knows. He, and all other Upolu, do not seem to consider the possibilty that Coach won't be going all the way to Final.

Brandon is not playing the game. Brandon is playing some nonsense about proving he is a good Christian warrior and redeeming the family name, and failing miserably by the way, but will sit at the reunion insisting we all believe him yadda yadda yadda..

Rick is not playing the game, he's not even coattailing like Edna, he's just existing and waiting his turn.

End result, even if they pull in Cochran, Albert and Sophie cannot determine the next boot decision, it is up to Coach.

Good-bye Edna, she should have gone out on the beach every day for Coach Chi lessons.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-18-11 at 02:46 AM
Last episode might have been called,

how Cochran failed to make the move that would have gotten him to F3 or
"In which Piglet Decides that #6 and #7 are Acceptable Numbers and Superior to Facing Down a Coachalump."

Edna is Not Worthy. That is her story. Albert and Sophie Don't Like Her.
Cutting the Unworthy -- Strategy to Impress Jurors.
Keeping Original Alliance -- Strategy to Demonstrate Honorable Gameplay to jurors.

Posted by dabo on 11-18-11 at 02:54 PM
It seemed, really, like Sophie was the one who put the brakes on the big move. Without Sophie to give them the numbers, Albert and Cochran had no choice but to let Dawn and Whitney go bye-bye.

So, at 7, it again becomes a numbers game with Cochran hoping to improve his position. And Cochran has positioned himself as the apprentice to Coach, which psychologically is Coach's wet dream come true.

Going to the silly Zeus thing, the other name for Zues is Jupiter.

Jupiter is also the name of a planet: scientifically speaking it is a Gas Giant, very full of it and with an enormous gravity well. Jupiter has many moons that maintain their orbits against that gravity well.

So, if Coach is Jupiter, where do the rest of them fit in. The Savaii, with the exception of Cochran, were comets that fell into the gravity well, got sucked in, and were burnt up. Cochran is an asteroid that got sucked into the gravity well and is trying to obtain an orbital position as a new moon. Edna is a moon with a close orbit to the planet, stable but precarious if things change, it is a balancing act. Rick is a moon set very far out, slow and steady, with a perspective of being able to see things clearly. Sophie and Albert are twin moons rotating around their own center of gravity which is in orbit around Coach. And then there is Brandon, who has an elliptical eratic orbit, chaotic, sometimes he is close to Coach and sometimes he is further out than Rick.

Posted by CTgirl on 11-18-11 at 05:31 PM
Coach: Jupiter is also the name of a planet: scientifically speaking it is a Gas Giant, very full of it LOL

Posted by Belle Book on 11-18-11 at 06:12 PM
I agree -- Coach can be compared to the planet Jupiter (in more ways than one, considering that he can be full of gas or hot air). When Cochran was the first to get sucked into the gravity of Coach/Jupiter, he tried to form a position as a safe satellite while the rest of Savaii became "comets" that were sucked into the gravity pull and burned up. Unfortunately, Cochran's going to be pulled in by Coach/Jupiter's gravity and burned up as well.

Edna might be a moon with a very close orbit to Coach/Jupiter but once Cochran is gone, she'll be pulled in and burned up as well. The others are in more stable orbits than Edna, but only two of them can remain in their orbit and I think Sophie is one of them. Albert might be the other thanks to his "twin moon" status with Sophie.

Posted by Blind Freddy on 11-18-11 at 06:54 PM
Since we're venturing into Astro-Physics....I can see we're going to need to chart this out...lol

Maybe you do need to be a Rocket scientist to do well at Survivor after all. How many of them have we had so far? I can just see them drawing this out in the sand for a strategy session...lol

Posted by Belle Book on 11-18-11 at 08:43 PM
I'm guessing that A is Edna, E is Brandon and F is Rick. Edna is too high-profile, Brandon is too unpredictable and Rick is too under the radar. I suppose B is Cochran, but I'm not sure if I'm right. So which one of the remaining two (C and D) is Albert and which is Sophie?

Posted by Blind Freddy on 11-18-11 at 09:44 PM
Well that was just a starter chart...to get people thinking of what 'orbits' the cast might fit into. There was no pre-set IDs on any of these.

But your guesstimates seem appropriate. If Sophie were to be the winner then she would be the even handed Survivor...maybe 'C'. I was just having some fun here.

Posted by dabo on 11-18-11 at 11:38 PM
Fun graphic! Just a couple of notes.

I was thinking Albert and Sophie had similar orbits close to one another, intersecting at points so that they trade places in terms of which is nearer the planet.

Asteroid Cochran is not in orbit but in a death spiral trying to obtain orbit before it is too late, so he better get busy and get a real game going, invent the warp drive.

"Maxx..."
Posted by Brownroach on 11-18-11 at 06:24 PM
has posted the Truel result for the next Ep. He says he will post the boot on Wednesday.

"RE: Maxx... bootee posted"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-23-11 at 04:28 AM
http://tvfunspot.com/forums/showpost.php?p=281361&postcount=15

link is to the spoiler post for bootee only.

Woohoo! I am not sad about this one.

Posted by Belle Book on 11-23-11 at 12:03 PM
So much for Michel's belief that Cochran would win the game. Can't say that I'm surprised -- or terribly disappointed.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-23-11 at 12:59 PM
I'm interested in this particular tidbit after his prattling on about Cochran:

I leave you with this, my soon to be stuffed turkeys, I’m oddly concerned that the 2 things I’m most looking forward to in the next new episode is men’s faces. What does that say about the state of the game this season? The state of the game for me is that there are no longer any active Savaii in the game and it is time for Upolu to turn on it’s own. That will be glorious.

Hrmmm.

Posted by Brownroach on 11-23-11 at 03:37 PM
I think he is talking about the end of the episode (or maybe he even means the following episode by "the next new episode") because he says the state of the game is that Upolu must now turn on its own, which will be the case only after Cochran is voted out.

The two men's faces that he is looking forward to seeing are most likely Ozzy's and Cochran's when they meet up on RI.

Posted by Belle Book on 11-23-11 at 05:31 PM
Yeah, I'm sure he's looking forward to seeing Ozzy and Cochran's face when they meet up on RI. Of course, Cochran will already know he's in trouble, so I'm looking forward to seeing the look on Ozzy's face as well. No doubt Ozzy will be thinking, "It's payback time!" Cochran's in big trouble.

Posted by Flowerpower on 11-23-11 at 06:07 PM
Thanks for posting, OFG, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone! I am so happy to see this one go because he has been polarizing. I don't like the drama that he brings to our boards, can you imagine how they feel being trapped on the island with him? UGH. Yes, it's time for just desserts if you ask me. He is finishing ahead of all of the Savaii, less one, and great that it is indeed Ozzy.

I know woulda, shoulda, coulda is too late at this point. But, I can't help to think at the merge TC, Ozzy, Dawn, and Whitney all had immunity. There were Cochran, Jim, and Keith, 3 vs. the 6 Upolu. He would have had a 1/9 chance to survive. He would have had a 1/3 chance of having all of the Savaii tribe survive. It would have placed him in a hero position.

If the Savaii had held strong, they could have picked off the 6 Upolu's and then turned on themselves. Ozzy would have been bound to him, as was Dawn, and I think Jim would have held strong. As one of the weaker Savaii's, he could have stayed under the radar and let the big dogs go after each other....Keith, Jim, Ozzy. He and Dawn could have been in great shape for end game.

All just what if's at this point. He made a big move alright, but he made it for the wrong reason. He didn't do it to save his tribe along with himself, he made it because he was too afraid, cowardly, to stand up with his tribe and go down together. They had the better hand, but he was too afraid to play it.

I hope when the Survivor door closes on him, it will close for good. I know there alot of folks that like him around here, I respect your opinions, but it's just my 2 cents.

Furthermore, who would have thought that I would agree with Maxx on the bullying bul!sh!t....cause that is just the way I saw it as well. Stop crying and stand up and be a man. When you make a mistake, as we all do, then own it. Go off and have a fit, like Ozzy did, then get back to business. Cochran was truly a piece of work. See you later, have fun at Ponderosa!

Posted by 5cats on 11-23-11 at 08:48 PM
I agree and am happy to see him go but I wish Edna was going first just because it could really mess up Coach more for the end game if he sent home a Up before a Sav. Maybe not but I will be soooo bummed if he wins. Don't mind me, having a wee bit of Champaigne.

GO OZZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Round Robin on 11-24-11 at 01:46 AM
If this proves out to be accurate, I can't say it doesn't make game sense. There's a reason you usually get a pagonging before a tribe starts eating its own, and in a loyalty obsessed tribe like the old Upolus, it would go over like a f@rt in church with any old Upolus who got cut loose before Cochran if that's what they had done. Now that Cochran is getting the boot the old Upolus can start eating their own without pi$$ing them off as much as they would have done by punting somebody before Cochran, and that might make a difference in the outcome of the game.