URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7790
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Ep11 Vidcaps"

Posted by tribephyl on 11-17-11 at 02:58 AM
(Barring an episode number change due to a Re-Cap insertion) the Episode 11 vidcaps are posted below.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Post-Show Promo"
Posted by tribephyl on 11-17-11 at 02:59 AM
Transcript:
Jeff Probst:
Next time on Survivor, Brandon stops catching fish...
Brandon: I was just not successful and everyone here is absolutely starving.
Probst: ...and starts catching heat.
Albert (talking to Sophie): We get Brandon next.
Coach (camera confessional): Brandon really doesn't have any business in this game.
Probst: The DragonSlayer upgrades his name.
Coach (talking to Cochran): My name should be Zeus.
Cochran (camera confessional): I seem to think that Zeus ate his children.

"RE: Post-Show Promo"
Posted by Flowerpower on 11-17-11 at 07:56 AM
Brandon....misdirection?

Coach....it's scary when someone is around to buy into Coach and all that that entails...his ego is really getting out of control with Cochran around.

Posted by suzzee on 11-17-11 at 09:40 AM
I'm with you FP. There is something perpetually strange about Coach. I also felt a change of edit with Cochran with the "Zeus ate his children" comment.

So looking it up it was Cronus (Zeus' father) who ate his children. Although Coach wanting to be called Zeus flies in the face of his claims not thinking he's in charge. Dufus

Wikipedia:
Cronus sired several children by Rhea: Hestia, Demeter, Hera, Hades, and Poseidon, but swallowed them all as soon as they were born, since he had learned from Gaia and Uranus that he was destined to be overcome by his own son as he had overthrown his own father— an oracle that Zeus was to hear and avert. When Zeus was about to be born, Rhea sought Gaia to devise a plan to save him, so that Cronus would get his retribution for his acts against Uranus and his own children. Rhea gave birth to Zeus in Crete, handing Cronus a rock wrapped in swaddling clothes, which he promptly swallowed.

A Tribe masterpiece

Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-17-11 at 10:31 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-17-11 AT 10:35 AM (EST)

>Brandon....misdirection?

I agree, FloPo. Sure seems like every plan that Albert has gets turned down by the voice of reason (Sophie).

Also, looks like these vidcaps are for the Nov. 30th episode in 2 weeks, because Jeff confirmed in his EW Q&A that there is a recap Thanksgiving week (vs. his usual teaser for the next episode).

ETA:
EW: Looks like we’re heading towards Savaii’s last stand with Dawn, Whitney, and Ozzy facing off at Redemption Island. What can you tease up for next week?
JP: Next week we’re doing a Thanksgiving special highlighting some “never before seen footage” so that those who are tied up with Thanksgiving don’t miss a regular episode. We worked very hard on this special episode to give the audience new footage. I think fans will enjoy it!

"Post ReCap Promo"
Posted by tribephyl on 11-24-11 at 03:15 AM
Transcript:
Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor...
Coach: Everybody's fighting to be standing at the bitter end.
Albert (talking to Cochran): It would make me happy to see you go farther than Rick in this game.
Rick (talking to Edna): There's a reason they call him Prince Albert.
Coach: Are you going to be my friend?
Edna: Unless you stab me in the back.
Edna (talking to Cochran): I'm on board.
Cochran (talking to Coach): We have four votes we can kick him off.
Coach: With my last dying breath, I will fight to keep my young warrior.
Cochran: I'm a warrior? Wasn't I just a student before.

"Reward?"
Posted by tribephyl on 11-24-11 at 03:24 AM
It first (according to promo-time) shows up on Cochran and then it appears on Coach.
A Flower Lei.

Albert:"It would make me happy to see you go farther than Rick in this game."

Cochran: "We have four votes we can kick him off."

Either one of them has won a reward and they're sharing with each other OR they both have possibly had a chance to go somewhere special in ep 11.

"T-Day Promo"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 11-25-11 at 03:40 PM
Apparently aired on T-Day...(I haven't seen the video)

Courtesy of Mayan Sun at Survivor Fever (ty)
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s23_ep11_11_24.html

Transcript:

Announcer: The final seven castaways are turning on each other.

Sophie (camera confessional): Cochran, he made an awful move.

Albert (camera confessional): Rick is about as sharp as a bowling ball.

Announcer: Who...is...on...the...chopping...block?

Coach (camera confessional): My decision is going to determine the rest of this game.

"RE: T-Day Promo"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-26-11 at 06:41 PM
Re the challenge: Aren't those the same masks that were used in the previous challenge with the wheelbarrow? Does that mean this is old footage, or are they repeating parts of prior challenges?

Re RI duel: Seems like Ozzy would have an edge since those plates can get heavy for a smaller woman like Dawn or Whitney to carry with one hand. Dawn already looks to be in trouble.

The shot of Sophie chopping + her split screen comment about Cochran making an awful move catches my eye.

P.S. Who is Cochran talking about when he says we have 4 votes to vote "HIM" out? Albert, Brandon or Rick? I'm guessing Brandon or Albert...but no matter which one, seems like that would tick Sophie off. The worst thing that could happen from Albert/Sophie's perspective is that Coach is left with all his goats and has a majority voting block.

"RE: T-Day Promo"
Posted by tribephyl on 11-27-11 at 00:39 AM
Now's about the time for a Sup-Cha. The masks are probably just one in a multi-stage rerun of past challenge aspects.

For the RI challenge. H vs. V, F5 with Colby, Jerri, Parvati, Sandra and Russell vying for Immunity. Plate stacking challenge has Sandra out first, then Jerri, then Russell, then Colby leaving Parvati as the winner.
While the outcome may be pretty clear editing wise, on paper it could be anyone's game.

Agree on the Sophie shot. She's making her move this week.

"PiP promo on Sunday"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 11-27-11 at 11:24 PM
PiP promo aired on Sunday. Vidcaps courtesy of Mayan Sun (ty).....caps up at Survivor Fever here:
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s23_ep11_pip.html

"RE: PiP promo on Sunday"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-28-11 at 02:00 AM
Thanks, Blind Freddy. Interesting that we don't get any shots of Coach or Sophie in the IC.

Looks like it is the same sling shot the coconut to hit the mask challenge. Albert was really good at that part before....Coach was not .

The other part with the bean bags seems to be the same as the RI duel with Papa Bear. Wonder if it's just 2 sections, or a longer medley? In the very first vidcap you can see boxes/podiums -- so that could be a 3rd section, perhaps with a puzzle? Maybe it's run in legs, with only a smaller group advancing each time?

Can't imagine Cochran or Edna stand a chance at winning this challenge.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-28-11 at 02:09 AM
Looks like the IC is color-coded:

Brandon = red
Cochran = orange? (hard to tell the red and orange apart)
Edna = purple
Albert = yellow?
Rick = green??? (really unsure on this one)

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-28-11 at 09:10 AM
Sophie, posted at MESS:

Posted by Blind Freddy on 11-28-11 at 12:37 PM
Oops....I missed that vidcap in the cut/paste pic links. Thanks OFG for bringing that over

Posted by suzzee on 11-28-11 at 11:28 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-28-11 AT 12:26 PM (EST)

An elimination challenge perhaps, there were just two sets of coconut slingshot set ups since it was a team challenge. Albert, Sophie and Rick in stage of coconut launch. Albert has the skills, Sophie or Rick could pull an win.

Rick winning would be a surprise and I do think it's a take someone with you, perhaps up to 3 people to go for the pecking order expose' that always shows up at merge.

"Title "Cult Like""
Posted by dabo on 11-28-11 at 11:14 AM
http://survivorsucks.com/topic/88891/E12-Title-Cult-Like-

Per Phoenix.

I saw that mentioned in the cbs.com schedule as well, but not all capped like other episode titles

"RE: Title "Cult Like""
Posted by Blind Freddy on 11-28-11 at 04:32 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-28-11 AT 04:34 PM (EST)

Post deleted and reposted in new E11 title thread.

"'Deja Vu' - Behind The Scenes video"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 11-28-11 at 04:24 PM
The Behind The Scenes video of the episode's chal is up at CBS here:
http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/video?watch=5tue3qts9a
------------------------
Challenge Producer, John Kirhoffer, takes us behind the scenes of the Deja Vu Challenge Rehearsal. In this challenge, castaways will be required to toss sand bags one at a time on to boxes. The first three people to successfully land their sand bag on a box three times will move onto the next round. The final three contestants will then use a sling shot and coconuts to try and knock over targets. The first person to hit all their targets wins Immunity
----------------------------

"RE: 'Deja Vu' - Behind The Scenes video"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-28-11 at 05:42 PM
Beat me to it, BF!

So finalists are Albert, Sophie, and Rick.
Albert was a star in previous version, and is odds on favorite.
Sophie and Rick didn't play this segment before, but both could be good. Boys who grow up to be ranchers are likely to have slingshot experience.

"RE: 'Deja Vu' - Behind The Scenes video"
Posted by dabo on 11-29-11 at 03:36 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-29-11 AT 03:37 AM (EST)

Well, re Rick, he's a rancher, in horseshoes close counts..

LOL. I don't think he's in any danger this round, actually, but who is going for the blue targets? They always telegraph something, and those targets are much differently configured than in the team round.

"E11 Press Pics"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 11-29-11 at 03:28 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-29-11 AT 03:40 PM (EST)

The CBS Press Pics are up.....courtesy of Survivor Fever (ty Mayan Sun)
http://www.survivorfever.net/s23_ep11_press_images.html

Note the Press Pic captions indicate that the RC/IC11 is called 'Flip Out'....as opposed to the Chal Rehearsal video title - 'Deja Vu'

Edit to add RC/IC title as per Press Pic captions

"RE: E11 Press Pics"
Posted by Brownroach on 11-29-11 at 05:20 PM

Coach and Cochran practice "Stop In The Name Of Love" on Te Tuna's beach.

I don't have a caption for this one, I just think it's funny.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-29-11 at 05:42 PM

I don't have a caption for this one, I just think it's funny.

I may have found it! Cochran is in it for sure. No wonder he's so pale.

The Monster Mash Dance

Posted by Brownroach on 11-29-11 at 05:48 PM
That's perfect!

"They did the Mash...they did the Tai Chi Mash"

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-29-11 at 07:12 PM
BR, thanks for the caption!

Posted by Flowerpower on 11-30-11 at 08:23 PM

Cochran, Brandon, Rick, and Edna....home alone while Albert, Coach, and Sophie could be off enjoying the reward...?

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-30-11 at 08:58 PM
I like it.

I wonder if Brandon will be the alt target instead of Rick, and all the Rick-Albert friction is misdirection. We'll soon see.