URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7787
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Ep. 10 Boot Discussion."

Posted by tribephyl on 11-11-11 at 04:55 AM
I completely remember writing and even posting a fairly lengthy discussion about the episode 10 bootee. Even bringing tons of episode 11 angles into it.
With a large amount of reasons for Albert ACTUALLY making that move THIS week.
But, it's disappeared.
I can't possibly remember word for word what I wrote last time but suffice it to say I don't believe Whitney is the bootee this week.

Anyone else think maybe Edna get's it?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Ep. 10 Boot Discussion."
Posted by Flowerpower on 11-11-11 at 07:46 AM
I completely remember writing and even posting a fairly lengthy discussion about the episode 10 bootee. Even bringing tons of episode 11 angles into it.
With a large amount of reasons for Albert ACTUALLY making that move THIS week.
But, it's disappeared.

I hate it when that happens. And yes, I have been there, and done that! UGH!

Anywho, since Jiffy tells us that we are having another double boot this week, it could happen. Especially if Dawn wins one of the IC's. But, we also know via the teasers that they are shocked to learn of another impending TC vote and boot at TC. So, will there even be another IC? Will the immunity necklace winner be granted immunity X 2?

It all depends this week on if Dawn or Whitney can win the IC. And, what about Cochran? Will they vote off one of their own before Cochran? He certainly is not favored to win the IC. Voting out Edna before Cochran would not gain favor with the Savaii tribe.

Food for thought...a few more vidcaps may help...

Posted by dabo on 11-11-11 at 10:39 AM
I agree, the Pagonging continues, II is the one factor that alone would change things. Whitney goes first unless she has II. Everyone will be competing in the IC, her chances aren't as good. Dawn goes first if Whitney has II, second unless she wins the second II; Whitney goes second if Dawn goes first. Most likely a memory challenge at TC for the second II.

Who is the outsider among the Upolu who would have to go if they eat one of their own? Well, obviously, Cochran. They may not want to send him to Redemption, but if they leave it until Tribal without a back-up decision beforehand he would run out of luck.

After that it is probably Rick, who is the worker amongst the Upolu, keeps himself as busy as possible, keeps to himself, has been least involved in the strategy game. He is probably very well liked, just doesn't factor into anyone's long game. Then Edna, who has been a bit more of a game factor, but is not considered strong in challenges which could factor into a decision regarding what to do about a Savaii who is just hanging on.

Brandon still has his loose cannon problem, and would be a good choice to send to RI if they become concerned about a returning Savaii challenge champ. But there's time for that later. And Brandon's BS is mainly aimed now at Savaii.

Albert may want to knock Coach off his throne, but Coach has been kinged, has possession of the HII, which is a psychological factor he can use to keep control.

Posted by Belle Book on 11-11-11 at 12:04 PM
I doubt they'll vote out either Rick or Edna before Cochran if one of the people on Redemption Island, say Jim, makes a threat not to vote for any of the former Upolu if they don't get rid of Cochran asap. If Dawn has Immunity after Whitney is gone, the former Upolu members will remember the threat and get rid of Cochran. If not, Dawn goes right after Whitney and then the former Upolu takes care of Cochran.

Posted by emydi on 11-11-11 at 12:34 PM
but it's an empty threat if all F3 are Upolu, right? Jim can't abstain like Paula tried to do last nite

Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-11-11 at 12:40 PM
Belle, I really like your idea that the bold threat at RI clue is about not voting for the former Upolu if they don't get rid of Cochran...that would tie in with the preview and Albert saying he needs Savali votes.

Dabo, I was thinking the same thing that it must be a quiz or memory type challenge that's thrown at them at TC. After seeing last season, you would think they wouldn't be caught off guard by this, but the clues tell us they're shocked. Overhype to hide a Pagonging or could they really not have a Plan B?

Dawn the professor should be a good shot to win a memory/quiz type of challenge....and she certainly has the edit to go with it (vs. Whitney). If Upolu does have to turn on one of its own, I would think that Cochran makes the most sense from a game logic standpoint. Coach is kissing Rick's or Edna's vote goodbye if he dumps them before Cochran....however, from Sophie/Albert's standpoint, they should want to force Coach to abandon his sidekick Edna.

I think the end game will all depend on how well Coach manages the Edna/Cochran/Rick boots. If they are bitter, there's no way he can win. (Assuming based on edit he's in the F3)

Posted by dabo on 11-11-11 at 01:03 PM
Good point about Dawn being an English professor. But what is her exact niche in that? If it is modern English and grammer, not as good as otherwise. Creative writing, literature, maybe a bit better. Historical English, studies of OE, ME, Shakespeare, King James Bible, Canturbury Tales, now we're talking! Arcanity!

If it is symbols, though, Sophie has langauge studies as well, and is still a student. Albert and Coach, playbooks.. well, baseball and soccer aren't quite football in that respect, though baseball has signalling via hand gestures, high pay attention factor. Cochran, law student, let's not count him out either. But it is just Harvard Law, I bet he wants to go into politics. Edna, anesthesiologist, has the on the ball has to be a quick study calculating thing on her side as well.

Posted by parathor on 11-11-11 at 03:42 PM
We've had Edna as turning on Coach as a foreshadow (possibly vice-versa). If Albert makes a move and has Sophie, Dawn (with II), and then it'd be against Coach/Rick/Brandon, with Cochran (he's a loose cannon) and Edna (only because of foreshadow) as possible swingers... but Coach would HAVE to know that something was afoot (especially if they approach Edna or Cochran and they turn them down).

So how about this: Coach plays his HII, bouncing Albert (or Cochran) out. That way, Albert goes home next (per the "next time on" previews), Edna betrays someone (either Coach or Albert, whichever), Cochran can betray someone (he's good at that)... and Coach (or Cochran) leaves, per the Confessional scoreboard (big drop last episode)... that'd almost satisfies everyones' theories...

Posted by Belle Book on 11-11-11 at 07:50 PM
Albert & Sophie would probably want to force Coach to abandon Edna but there is Brandon to deal with as well, and he won't be happy if they try to force Coach to abandon Edna (and neither would I, for that matter). Most likely, Cochran gets the boot if Dawn somehow wins the next Immunity Challenge.

Posted by CTgirl on 11-11-11 at 04:09 PM
I think Edna might get it Tribe!

There was a lot of talk about Dawn by the Upolu tribe last week enough to make me think that she disrupts their plans somehow (probably by winning immunity). She was mentioned as a boot candidate last week so I think they would vote her first before Whitney who isn't much of a threat (except in the potty mouth department!). So if she wins immunity first, then Whitney gets voted out. So she goes into the second tribal with immunity or if there is a memory challenge for immunity, she has to be a contender to get immunity again. Then Upolu has to get rid of one of their own. Without any discussion, coach wouldn't be able to protect Edna and out she goes.

Regarding the clues, I think the strong alliance refers to Coach-Sophie-Albert-Brandon-Rick. I don't consider Edna and Cochran as strong members of that alliance.

Posted by Krautboy on 11-11-11 at 04:58 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-11 AT 04:59 PM (EST)

What could have happened or should have happened is probably quite different than what did happen...

This would have been the point at which the outsiders could have united and made their move. If Rick and Edna would have recognized their status in the dominant alliance, and approached Dawn, Whitney and Cochran, they could have taken control of the game from Coach, Sophie, Albert and Brandon with a 5-4 vote followed by a 5-3 vote. While less predicatable and a bit risky, it would have breathed new life and possibilities into all their end-games.

However, as it appears, the editing is trying to create drama and suspense where there is none, so Whitney and Dawn are most likely going to Redemption Island.

Krautboy

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-11-11 at 11:52 PM
I think that Dawn may be the last surviving Savai'i as far as the voted out ones go.
Whitney I see as off to Ponderosa to hang out with Keith.

So Whitney, and then Cochran or Edna.
Albert and Sophie may try to placate Jim and other Savai'i.

But we saw that Albert wanted to take out Dawn already, so I think she would need to be immune. Then the two likely castoffs seem like Cochran and Edna.

Posted by tribephyl on 11-12-11 at 00:59 AM
This would have been the point at which the outsiders could have united and made their move. If Rick and Edna would have recognized their status in the dominant alliance, and approached Dawn, Whitney and Cochran, they could have taken control of the game from Coach, Sophie, Albert and Brandon with a 5-4 vote followed by a 5-3 vote.

But just replace Rick and Edna with Sophie and Albert (and vise versa) and I think there is still a chance.
Perhaps the initial status-reflex is not because they are at the bottom of the alliance but moreso (much like Jim felt with Ozyy) feel that Coach should lose some of his baggage. i,e; Edna, Rick (and even to a point Dawn. Because he noticed her inclusion with Coach and Brandon.)
When they last tried to take control of the game they were relying on Rick and Rick did not help them.
However, Dawn and Whitney will be desperate to make deals And Cochran wants to be included in big plays. The time could be ripe to rid Coach of too many final options.

Posted by Round Robin on 11-12-11 at 05:33 AM
I think all of this is sound and fury signifying nothing. It would be terrible jury management to start eating their own before all the old Savaii are gone. I think Whitney and Dawn going next is an automatic no-brainer if ever there was one, and the only way one of them survives is if she has immunity from the second vote. Then after they go, Cochran is next. If one of the women is immune from the second vote, which I doubt, Cochran goes then. Then they go back and get the woman next episode. It will go no other way. Simple as taking candy from a baby.

Posted by Gothmog on 11-12-11 at 08:20 AM
Maxx weighs in

Posted by Belle Book on 11-12-11 at 10:37 AM
The only surprise for me is that Dawn goes first. Although since Albert & Sophie were talking about getting rid of Dawn before Jim, maybe that's not so much of a surprise. Anyway, total non-shocker for me.

Posted by dabo on 11-12-11 at 11:55 AM
If Maxx is really paying any attenetion to me, first of all, Fistbump! Thanks for the intel. The Pagonging continues.

Dawn firsrter ahead of Whitney? It really doesn't matter in the longrun, but this seems to suggest that Albert's concerns about Dawn take control, there is an emerging story here.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-12-11 at 12:42 PM
Smart move on Albert's part -- Dawn's too likable and strong.

Sounds like it will be a boring episode. Glad they're speeding up the Pagonging. If there's a recap Thanksgiving week, we'll have to wait until the Nov. 30th episode for the fun to begin when Upolu has to start to eat its own.

Maxx's future clue implies that Edna's going first vs. Cochran....if that's true, that seems to spell trouble for Coach (unless he can blame it all on Sophie and Albert). It's the best move on S/A's part to limit Coach's end game options and get rid of Coach's pet/goat. Coach/Rick vs. Sophie/Albert with Brandon as the crazy wild card would be an interesting F5.

Coach's HII hasn't been mentioned in a while. Will be interesting to see if he has to use it at some point and/or if Brandon starts to make noise about it being the team's idol.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-12-11 at 06:38 PM
>>> if Brandon starts to make noise about it being the team's idol.

yes, how does that work when the team is voting against the team? Can even Brandon be that dense? Let's wait and see ...

Maxx has consistently said "bros before hos" -- so I wouldn't assume that Coach loses Edna at the hands of his core allies. Maxx has always implied that Coach agrees to lose Edna before the guys.

My question is, does Sophie count as a bro? She and Albert are tight. She and Coach are tight. Maybe so.

Once again I was led astray by wishful thinking.
Although Dawn could potentially pull an Andrea and knock out Ozzie.

Posted by Brownroach on 11-14-11 at 06:04 PM
The thing about Edna is that all of Upolu, including Coach, presumably sees her as #6 in the alliance. But Edna's only real connection that we saw early on was to Coach. I think Coach likely sweet-talked Edna with some kind of F3 or F4 promise, which he has no intention of keeping (same as with Cochran).

Maxx's hint that Edna might be disgruntled at Coach may just mean she goes out in 6th place, which Edna won't be expecting but everyone else will. I don't see her getting booted before Cochran unless Cochran wins immunity, and we know how likely that is.

Posted by Belle Book on 11-14-11 at 08:15 PM
Yeah, I think that Coach convinced Edna that he was taking her to the Final 3 but had no real intention of keeping either that promise or the one he gave Cochran. Too bad -- at least with Edna. I'd like her to get farther.

Posted by Krautboy on 11-14-11 at 05:14 PM
I interpreted Maxx's clue a bit differently. I think he's suggesting we ask ourselves if Cochran has really been accepted as part of the Upolu tribe and as one of Coach's "Bros"...

I leave you with this my totally shocked readers, scale of 1-10, how shocked are these boots? I would put my shock at around 15. And did I say that all of Savaii were now gone? What about Cochran you ask? He is all Upolu now. Right? I wonder how the rest of Upolu feel about that? How do I feel about that? Remember “bros before hos”?.

I took Maxx's comment to mean while Cochran may now feel he's part of the old Upolu, and maybe Coach has taken him under his wing, the rest of Upolu do not agree. Maxx then goes on to tell us how he personally feels...Cochran is a "Ho" and should go before the rest of the "Bros".

Maxx's original "Bros before Hos" comment was made very early on about Coach chosing between Edna and one the Bros (probably Brandon or Rick)...I don't think Cochran was ever considered one of the Bros.

Krautboy