URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7785
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Ep 10 Vidcaps"

Posted by tribephyl on 11-10-11 at 04:16 AM
Let the Gladiatorial Extravaganza begin! Oh yeah, and place any and all vidcaps and discussion of those vidcaps below.
Huzzah!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps"
Posted by tribephyl on 11-10-11 at 04:19 AM
Transcript:
Jeff Probst:
Next time on Survivor, Albert makes a big move...
Albert (camera confessional): My only real chance to win this game is to secure every Savaii vote.
Probst: ...but Coach is onto him.
Coach (camera confessional): If anybody goes against the family, they're dead.
Probst: And at Redemption Island, Ozzy lies in wait.
Ozzy: I'm here eating the best protein possible, exercising everyday, making myself stronger.

Muchas gracias, Fiebre del Sobreviviente

"The Checkerboard"
Posted by tribephyl on 11-10-11 at 04:41 AM
At first I thought, Checkerboard? Must be reward.
BUT... I'm guessing the chess board and pieces were created from a supply crate, their flag paints and seed-hulls that naturally stack. Kudos to the survivors for thinking it up and creating it.

My bet is this game is but a symbol that Albert may indeed make his big move.
(Note Cochrans shirt in the lower left)

Because as far as the checkers game is concerned, at this point Cochran has lost at least 6 of his 12 pieces and Albert just took another one. Cochran left with 1 king amongst Alberts 2 kings and 3 men.

Albert makes the big move in checkers.
Does he make a big move in Episode 10?

"RE: The Checkerboard"
Posted by Flowerpower on 11-10-11 at 09:48 AM
When I first saw this promo I felt that it was heavily manipulated. Albert states that his only shot to win is to secure the entire Savaii vote. He's not talking about a coo to overthrow, he's just admitting that he needs their votes. He needs to befriend them somehow and he needs to be sympathetic towards them. Brownroach suggested perhaps he will throw out chopping Cochran....I like that idea...

Coach reacting with, "If anybody goes against the family, they will be killed", is most likely a comment he made in a confessional prior to the impending tie vote, where Cochran flipped. It's humorous because last night Coach said that If we vote Cochran out, the message will be: If you stand out for yourself, you will be screwed.

So, on one hand he won't vote out Cochran for turning against his old tribe, but, if anyone in "his" family thinks about voting for one of them before the Savaii, he'll "kill them".

Posted by Brownroach on 11-10-11 at 12:03 PM
Brownroach suggested perhaps he will throw out chopping Cochran

That was partly based on the preview when I saw Albert with Dawn and Whitney, but it went by so quickly I didn't notice Cochran was there too. So Albert's obviously not talking about it there. But it's possible he would bring it up.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-10-11 at 11:46 AM
Worth keeping in mind that it could just as easily be Jim's shirt as it's a 'neighbouring' colour and this could have been from one of the two previous episodes before Jim went to RI.

But if it *is* Cochran, then that's good thinking that it might be a symbol of Albert making a big move on Cochran.

Posted by samboohoo on 11-10-11 at 09:39 AM
No shots of anyone else at RI, but Ozzy. I thought Jeff said no triple duels this season. Last night's clips have Jim arriving at RI with Jim, Ozzy, and Keith together saying, "I thought we were going to be the final 3." So we know they are all there together.

Who is Ozzy lying in wait for here?

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-10-11 at 11:47 AM
Yes. The thinking is that there will be two one-on-one duels -- likely Keith going up against Ozzy first, and then the winner takes on Jim.

Posted by emydi on 11-10-11 at 01:31 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-10-11 AT 01:32 PM (EST)

Nope it's 2 truels with 1 winner in the next 2 eps.

On EW, Dalton Ross ?s, Jiffy said it was a misunderstanding of his words. His teaser tout says another double elimination next ep....Can Dawn and Whit survive?

"Promo"
Posted by Flowerpower on 11-14-11 at 04:07 PM
Thanks to Survivor Fever....

Transcript:

Announcer: Can Ozzy survive Redemption Island? Will the Harvard nerd flip flop again?

Announcer: Two castaways go to Redemption Island.

Coach (talking to Cochran): I'm just worried, man.

Thoughts: Ozzy looks to be in the most comfortable position in the duel at RI. His elbows are more down then Jim's and Keith's. He will outlast....

Those are old walking to TC shots, as I see Dawn, followed by Jim, followed by Cochran, followed by Ozzy, followed by Brandon...?

Flip, flop....I don't think so. The writing is on the wall, the Savaii tribe is toast.

"RE: Promo"
Posted by kingfish on 11-14-11 at 04:57 PM
I was thinking that at some point the lesser Upolians should begin thinking about a rebellion.

If Sophie and Albert are the rebels, they need to try their coup in the next episode, because with whoever returns from RI they can force another tie. Or if they can convince Cochran to flip (he is a ratfink, and could very well talk himself into it if he doesn't like how Coach treats him) the old Savaiis would be in control. Either way this is their last chance to break up the Coach/Edna/Rick/Brandon control.

Both the Cochran flipping and the Albert/Sophie flipping hints seem a lot like red-herrings, and maybe they are. But someone really could be thinking about a game move. At least they ought to be thinking that. And if Coach gets paranoid, he may scare them into going for it.

Posted by dabo on 11-14-11 at 05:03 PM
The Family. Originally they were five. Coach brought in Edna. Albert and Sophie weren't comfortable with how Edna was brought into now the family of six. Then Cochran was brought in by Coach to make it seven, but with assists from Albert and Sophie. Do Albert and Sophie regard Cochran as family? Maybe not anymore than they regard Edna as family. Now Dawn wants to be family and Albert feels very threatened by this.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-14-11 at 04:58 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-11 AT 04:59 PM (EST)

The famewhores critique their season:

FLOP?

Coach (talking to Cochran about his movie that premiered before he left, and now this season is a dog too ... ): I'm just worried, man.

FLOP

And the IC is so uninteresting we get caps of guys holding poles on the back of their hands instead?

Posted by Modesty on 11-14-11 at 10:21 PM
Thanks for bringing those across FloPo

>
>

This is probably not really significant but unless Ozzy's outdoor skills amount to making a razor from Bamboo... this is an old shot - likely from when he was on the idol hunt.

My hinky detector just always goes up when they suddenly start using obviously out-of-sequence footage.

Posted by Flowerpower on 11-15-11 at 08:31 AM
Couldn't agree with you more, OFG. I sure hope the nerd, or anyone, does something noteworthy soon. It could make a huge difference in this season....unfortunately, I don't see it happening. Maybe I'm wrong...?

Great catch, Modesty! Thanks!

"Tying up that loose thread"
Posted by parathor on 11-15-11 at 10:18 AM
These images are awesome. The "Flop" on Cochran, with a disappointed look on Dawn's face? Albert in control of the board?

I'm guessing that Albert DOES make a move, by warming up to the future jurors. And then he'll sabotage Brandon's vote by announcing when they had found the idol originally (tying up that loose thread).

So at the finals, if Albert's sitting there with anyone, he'll have (maybe) Brandon, with (maybe) Edna being mad about being betrayed (tying up that loose end), Sophie (they're close) or Cochran (but we're assuming he's at the finals - and it ties up the loose end of Cochran siding with the evil villains - he'll be redeemed by siding with Albert)... plus any Savaii who don't want to vote for Cochran's betrayal or Coach's evilness.

Albert has been shown to make moves. Is it too crazy to say that Albert will win this season? (and can I change my vote next week?)

"RE: Tying up that loose thread"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-15-11 at 08:00 PM
>>> Is it too crazy to say that Albert will win this season?

Given that a strong male winner has never been deprived of confessionals until Ep 4 or whenever it was, I would say, yes, Albert is out of the running for winner.

"RE: Tying up that loose thread"
Posted by kingfish on 11-15-11 at 08:11 PM
Crap. That means that Cochran could win (well, with the qualifier being 'strong', maybe not). But Coach. Or Brandon. Crap.

"E10 Web Promo"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 11-15-11 at 06:27 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-11 AT 08:51 PM (EST)

The web promo looks to be very similiar to the aired promo....but with additional confessionas by Cochran and Whitney.

CBS website video 'Running The Show'
http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/2167718979/survivor-south-pacific-running-the-show

Edit to add screencaps up at Survivor Fever here: (ty Mayan Sun)
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s23_ep10_wp.html

Transcript:
----------------------
S23E10 webpromo Transcript:

VO: Wednesday, can Ozzy survive redemption Island?

Ozzy: I'm a huge threat. I've just gotten stronger

VO: Can Whitney Outwit the others?

Whitney: How can these <air quotes> smart </air quotes> people be so stupid?

VO: Will the Harvard nerd flip flop again?

John: I came to play Survivor. And Survivor is about big moves.

VO: Or will Coach turn killer?

Coach: I feel like an old mob boss. If anybody goes against the family, they're dead

VO: And not one, but two castaways will go to Redemption Island

Coach: I'm just worried man

VO: New Survivor, CBS Wednesday 8...7 Central
-----------------------

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-15-11 at 08:02 PM
Challenge preview is up:
Balance rice bowl on head while running up and down a seesaw plank course.

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/video?watch=9uqs7cgd2v

This will be the first immunity of course. Naturally they won't preview the one held at TC.

Posted by Blind Freddy on 11-15-11 at 08:42 PM
Thanks OFG for bringing that over

Posted by tribephyl on 11-15-11 at 10:18 PM
Highlighting Balance, Posture and Center of Gravity it really looks tailor-made for a Whitney win.

Posted by Blind Freddy on 11-16-11 at 01:20 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-11 AT 01:20 AM (EST)

Screen caps of the IC10 chal rehearsal by Dream Team are up at Survivor fever:
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s23_ep10_challenge.html

Transcript:
------------------
John Kirhoffer: Today we're doing behind the scenes of Price on Your Head which is actually rice on your head. The way this works is each Survivor will have a bean bag, a rice bag that they put on their head. They will put a bowl on their head. They'll fill that bowl full of rice, put it on their head and then they will race up and down over see saws.

Jeff Probst: Survivors ready! Get set. On your mark. Go!

<Dream Team Rehearsal Crew Begins Challenge>

Kirhoffer: They get to the other end where there is a balance beam with a basket on it. They pour their rice into the basket. They make their way back. When they get enough runs and pour enough rice in the basket it will lift a counter weight popping up a flag.
----------------------

Sampling of caps showing chal layout and Dreamers doing chal...

"E10 Press Pics"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 11-16-11 at 01:21 PM
The E10 Press Pics are up at CBS...courtesy of Mayan Sun at Survivor Fever

Comment: What a perfect picture to represent this season at this point in time. They're as bored as us. Are we there yet?