URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 777
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Rhonda new book looks like it will be good"

Posted by lovelucila on 12-23-05 at 04:00 PM
Rhonda has a new book coming out it's called do I look fat in this dress? How to get over your body and move on with your life.
I cant wait to read it. It sounds really good. Rhonda came to my church and spoke a couple weeekends ago she was really good and insightful. Then iyanla came the next weekend. her speech was very good. It was called well, well, well. Very deep. Iyanla is very wise women.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Rhonda new book looks like it will be good"
Posted by LoveMyTiara on 12-24-05 at 08:30 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-24-05 AT 08:35 AM (EST)

I tried to read one of her books (can't remember the title), but I couldn't get through the first chapter. I don't know if it was the timing in my life (too busy) or if I just wasn't getting it. I haven't tried to read it again.
The new book sounds interesting. I have body acceptance issues - I know it shouldn't be an excuse, but I have been through 4 pregnancies, and they have taken their toll. And the fact I don't work out could have something to do with it.
Wow your church has some great speakers! Very practical life stuff. Just curious, did they talk about their own faith or belief systems?

Posted by lovelucila on 12-28-05 at 03:27 AM
Well they are both members of the church. So I assume they believe the Ernest holms teachings. I have body acceptance issues too. And something tells me that rhonda has them too. after all did you see the dress she wore to jessica's graduation & how it looked around her little belly. anyway I'm guessing that is why she is writing the book. I think fearless living is great. Specially the first chapter talks about how her Father killed her mom right in front of her.

Posted by lavendarJ on 12-28-05 at 07:40 PM
I love to read books. What was the name of the first book again?

Posted by lovelucila on 12-29-05 at 03:44 AM
Her First book is Fearless Living. i think its still the best one

Posted by lovelucila on 12-29-05 at 06:45 PM
Anybody Else read any of Rhondas books?

Posted by Beebop123 on 12-29-05 at 09:17 PM
Rhonda will be hosting a week long body image boot camp that goes along with her new book April 30-May 5 in Austin, Texas. Her site will be posting more info about it in the next two weeks: http://www.fearlessliving.org/

Posted by lovelucila on 12-30-05 at 00:26 AM
Beebop are you going to go? That sounds pretty cool. I bet it will be expensive though. I totally need to do something so I can get over my body issues & get on with my life.

Posted by Beebop123 on 12-31-05 at 01:30 PM
I definitely plan on going. I am working on my weight issues and it will be awesome to spend a week working on the inside issues with Rhonda as a cheerleader. I am looking forward to her new book, which I preordered on Amazon.

Posted by tammie_32 on 12-31-05 at 01:24 PM
I think Rhonda is doing real good with the girls on starting over. I like that show to.

Posted by teacherst on 01-19-06 at 09:03 PM
i WONDER IF SHE GOT THE IDEA FOR THE BOOK FROM TODAY'S EPISODE WITH CHRISTINE AND HER BODY ISSUES

Posted by teacherst on 01-26-06 at 10:32 PM
Seeing as how Christi. Jill, Jodi and Allison all had body issues I can see how Rhonda became inspired to write the book.

Posted by OklaBlue on 01-26-06 at 10:36 PM
Other way around. She wrote the book a long time ago, it is going to press now, will be out March 2. How timely.