URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 777
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Jericho- Season 2"

Posted by zombiebaby on 02-12-08 at 08:48 AM
Anyone excited? Will it do better? What exactly happened again when we last left off?

I better get geared up to hear nagging, judgmental mom again.

Nuts.

Arkie's Art! He's real and he is looking for you!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Oh! Germicho!"
Posted by foonermints on 02-12-08 at 11:33 AM
There better be robots.

"RE: Oh! Germicho!"
Posted by bystander on 02-12-08 at 02:38 PM
I may skip it!

"RE: Oh! Germicho!"
Posted by foonermints on 02-12-08 at 11:15 PM
Whut? Like a rock?

Plus, nobody respects my Germicho Dos Thread! *smacks hand on taxicab*
I'm walkin' here!
*zombiekick*

"RE: Jericho- Season 2"
Posted by batts on 02-13-08 at 03:00 AM
It came on at 9 PM here. I taped it but wasn't able to watch it yet.

Posted by HobbsofMI on 02-13-08 at 11:03 AM
I watched...and to tell the truth....I was disappointed and there is so much that they just forgot what happen in the pass or never explained during their "year" after the bombs.......didn't the number of bombs change? Maybe they will go in the past and explain it but it seems like the new government has a ton of weapons, planes, helos, etc. when just 5 minutes ago there was no control over the whole US.

They got the lights on and food in minutes....amazing. Plus now we are back to bad acting with the brothers planing and going after their dads killer.

Save Peter and Hiro, Save Heroes
sig by Pepe and bouncy by IceCat

Posted by bystander on 02-13-08 at 03:31 PM
I always thought of Jake as Sheriff material. /sarcasm

No! You can't proved whether or not I watched it.

Posted by foonermints on 02-14-08 at 09:56 AM
Oh YES I can!

My atomic robot had an OBE and saw you.

"Germicho Jake!"
Posted by foonermints on 02-15-08 at 12:30 PM
Please become RoboCop. You know you can! Good job saving your brother Clampett* from the invading army of the Evil Alliance.
Here's a pencil to write things down:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Oh! So bad for you!
*Or are you a McCoy?

Posted by zombiebaby on 02-20-08 at 08:57 AM
Eric Green named Mayor McCheese! How original!

I for one though am glad that they appear to be making the "weak" mayor a bit more interesting. I'm guessing he will get a redemption story and end up loosing his life to save all of Jericho.

Someone remind me again...what is the purpose of that Emily chick?

Posted by batts on 02-22-08 at 10:01 PM
Emily is Jake's old flame, I think. She got married to some guy while Jake was away... Then Jake came back from wherever he went... and...
.... You know... You have a point! What is the purpose of that Emily Chick?

"Possible tie-in from Big Brother"
Posted by vince3 on 02-22-08 at 10:25 PM
There are rumblings that something that happens on this coming Tuesday's Big Brother episode will have a Jericho tie-in.......

"RE: Possible tie-in from Big Brother"
Posted by bystander on 02-25-08 at 01:35 PM
Is the big brother house getting bombed too?

Posted by vince3 on 02-25-08 at 01:54 PM
I wish.

Posted by Estee on 02-27-08 at 07:52 AM
And no hamster in the cage seemed to have heard of the show.

Honestly, the name was right on the nut barrels. Shouldn't that have been some kind of clue?

Maybe not as good a clue as a guinea pig toy, but...

Posted by zombiebaby on 03-05-08 at 08:47 AM
Meh. Show is definately switiching gears. Just does not feel post-apocolyptic anymore. Any word? This show is done after the last 3 episodes?

I still like it but just not as much. It is a good parallel on how close our government is to becoming that.

Companies, companies, companies....

"Bigfoot making the crop circles would expain a lot. Those size feet could tromp a lot over a night."~SurveySez

Posted by foonermints on 03-05-08 at 06:58 PM
Want some company?

"No Robots = No Love"
Posted by foonermints on 03-06-08 at 10:38 PM
Allright, it's turned into a bad mystery novel that you have already figured out the ending to.
*avoids coconuts*

Where's the former love?

Mind you, I am not naming names.
PagongRatEater fanfromseason1 Ice 9 BOYmeetsReality mibtp SurvivorBlows brvnkrz cqvenus Augustgirl okaychatt Buggy Loree mrc Glow dragonflies Ahtumbreez bullzeye PagongRatEater fanfromseason1 Ice 9 BOYmeetsReality mibtp SurvivorBlows brvnkrz cqvenus Augustgirl okaychatt Buggy Loree mrc Glow dragonflies Ahtumbreez bullzeye PagongRatEater fanfromseason1 Ice 9 BOYmeetsReality mibtp SurvivorBlows brvnkrz cqvenus Augustgirl okaychatt Buggy Loree mrc Glow dragonflies Ahtumbreez bullzeye PagongRatEater fanfromseason1 Ice 9 BOYmeetsReality mibtp SurvivorBlows brvnkrz cqvenus Augustgirl okaychatt Buggy Loree mrc Glow dragonflies Ahtumbreez bullzeye PagongRatEater fanfromseason1 Ice 9 BOYmeetsReality mibtp SurvivorBlows brvnkrz cqvenus Augustgirl okaychatt Buggy Loree mrc Glow dragonflies Ahtumbreez bullzeye PagongRatEater fanfromseason1 Ice 9 BOYmeetsReality mibtp SurvivorBlows brvnkrz cqvenus Augustgirl okaychatt Buggy Loree mrc Glow dragonflies Ahtumbreez bullzeye PagongRatEater fanfromseason1 Ice 9 BOYmeetsReality mibtp SurvivorBlows brvnkrz cqvenus Augustgirl okaychatt Buggy Loree mrc Glow dragonflies Ahtumbreez bullzeye PagongRatEater fanfromseason1 Ice 9 BOYmeetsReality mibtp SurvivorBlows brvnkrz cqvenus Augustgirl okaychatt Buggy Loree mrc Glow dragonflies Ahtumbreez bullzeye

oops

"RE: No Robots = No Love"
Posted by HobbsofMI on 03-11-08 at 11:56 AM
I loved it for the first few shows and then it dropped off big time during "winter" and bad acting. Then it picked up but now with the "new" government and find the bomb it's just as you say....a bad mystery with us knowing the ending.

GO WING!
sig by Pepe, bouncy by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

Posted by zombiebaby on 03-12-08 at 10:22 AM
Hey Hawkins if Jericho goes off the air can you take an Oceanic flight to the South Pacific and get Lost?

"IF?"
Posted by foonermints on 03-12-08 at 11:00 AM
Everyone's losing their jobs anyway. Deaf girl, sister-killink mean guy.. GONE! More out of work actors trying to bum a free hot dog at Pinks.

How come I want to rip off the Ravenwood Patch and reveal the little green alligator that I know is hidden underneath their knit shirts?

Posted by Tahj on 03-13-08 at 02:51 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-13-08 AT 02:55 PM (EST)

I wasn't thrilled with the way it started off this season but I think it's actually getting better--but not, mind you, without some eye-rolls here and there.

They certainly fast forwarded out of the personal struggle scenario into the dictatorship/big brother one in a hurry. I'm sorry that they've moved so far away from most of the personal relationship interactions, which was the heart of the show, IMO, to make it much more plot driven. I do like the idea of a new American Revolution/Civil War scenario but I don't think the series is going to last long enough or even be renewed for that to happen.

It's a Tribe!

Posted by PagongRatEater on 03-18-08 at 06:09 PM
I think that a big part of the problem is that they ended up having to condense a whole season of storyline into just 7 episodes, so moving the story forward gained precedence over character development. Think how much more impact Bonnie's death or the demise of Ravenwood could have had if they had the time to get people emotionally invested in the characters.

That being said, there seems to be a decent chance that SciFi might pick this up so stay tuned Rangers.

It is impossible to contemplate the fabric of the world without recognizing the admirable order of its arrangement and the certain manifestation of God in the perfection of its correlations. Reason, when once it had considered and admired so much beauty and so much perfection, feels a just indignation at the dauntless folly which dares ascribe all this to chance and happy accident. it must be that the Highest wisdom conceived the plan and Infinite power carried it into execution....The starry sky above me and the moral law within me are two things which fill the soul with ever increasing admiration and reverence. Emmanuel Kant

"Yarrr!"
Posted by foonermints on 03-18-08 at 11:00 PM
Just when methinks the rat's a jumped ship, the scurrilous beasts poke their nose out a 'nother hidey hole, apologizin for the virus. FOO!

RUM! I must have 'e more RUM!

"Jerico Done!"
Posted by HobbsofMI on 03-22-08 at 11:43 PM
And don't send any Nuts!

Jericho Nuked by CBS

GO WINGS!

"RE: Jerico Doink!"
Posted by foonermints on 03-26-08 at 01:11 PM
I blame zombiebaby.

GAH! I missed the fignalee! pm me if you have zHrelp.

"RE: Jerico Doink!"
Posted by HobbsofMI on 03-27-08 at 12:52 PM
No zHrelp here.....I ff through much of it and there was so many things wrong with the finalee.....I'm glad they killed it too.

GO WINGS!

Posted by mrc on 03-27-08 at 10:00 AM
I watched the last five minutes of this dreck. I'm glad it's gone--worst.show.with.an.interesting.premise.evah. Even worse than Manimal, which had a heck of a lot of potential.

Bunnies eat nerds.

Posted by foonermints on 03-27-08 at 11:15 AM
You'd get along well with someone I know.
"This show is a piece of sh!t" ~cqvenus

Moves by CrabMan

Posted by Denalio on 03-27-08 at 07:21 PM
I am sad that it had the end the way it did-- trying to cram an actual season of plot into one hour finale was futile. It felt to me as sad and hopeless as trying to condense Lord of the Rings into a half hour show.

I am sure going to miss me some Skeeter. And Hawkins.

*sob*

I keep wanting to try to write new lyrics to "Bye Bye Miss American Pie" about Jericho with lines like:

And they were singing
"Bye Bye Adios Jericho"
All the nuts in the world
Could not save this show....

Posted by batts on 03-27-08 at 10:26 PM
> I'm glad
>it's gone--worst.show.with.an.interesting.premise.evah. Even worse than
>Manimal, which had a heck
>of a lot of potential.

You.... watched Manimal? Potential?

Would you be offended if I snickered just a little?

I've always been a sucker for cheesy shows, but when I saw the previews for 'Manimal'... I waved my hands in the air and said, "Um.... I don't think so..."
... just the premise of a 'serious' show of a man with a pussycat face is to much cheese for me to try...

I liked 'Jericho', even through the bad acting. It was interesting to me how the country divvied up like that, and even though I suspected the hard nosed Major Beck would eventually turn away from the dark side, and join the good guys, I would have liked to see how it all played out, and if the country would 'recover'.

... I just can't get over the fact that MRC watched 'Manimal', because I know MRC has good taste in shows.

Posted by zombiebaby on 03-30-08 at 10:09 AM
I watched Manimal too. I got turned off when the guy just kept turning into a big cat or a big bird instead of cool animals. The best one was the shark in the pool.

I liked Jericho last season. It was ridiculous but it did grow on me. It was fluff. However this season it was horrible. I understand they were trying to cram it all in but in doing so they went away from the original premise.

"Bigfoot making the crop circles would expain a lot. Those size feet could tromp a lot over a night."~SurveySez

MRC= Manimal Rabbit Crusher

Posted by foonermints on 04-03-08 at 01:53 AM
You just had to ruin the Alpha and Omega?

"I blame zombiebaby" ~foonermints