URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 776
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Great Pilot, Bad Show"

Posted by bacon on 02-09-08 at 10:56 PM
Is there any television show where you saw the pilot episode and thought "My God this is gonna be great!", but then quickly changed your mind once all of the other episodes began airing?

"Jack and Bobby" is the first show that pops into my mind. This hour long drama aired on the WB for one season. The idea was that a single mother raising two teenage boys(jack and bobby) would watch one of them grow up to be the President of the United States, while the other died early on in life. The episodes took place in the present, but featured the future President's Cabinet members from the future reflecting on things that made the kid special enough to one day be the leader of the free world.

Great setup! The problem? The show had way too many mushy moments. The future president, which was unforgivingly revealed in the first couple of episodes, was such a wimpy do-gooder that you could never imagine him gaining that powerful position later on in life.

What show did you think had promise but failed to deliver?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Du UH"
Posted by foonermints on 02-09-08 at 11:34 PM

"RE: Great Pilot, Bad Show"
Posted by buckeyegirl on 03-05-08 at 09:25 PM
The Black Connellys come to mind. It had all the markings for a great show-cute guys, mob storyline, but it just had too much happening at once. Would've liked to see it come back for a second season though.

I had totally forgotten about Jack and Bobby-I watched that show when it was the air, and you are right about it.

Jack and Jill on WB is another show that had great promise, but went nowhere fast..

A Tribe Springtime Creation 2008

Posted by nobigdeal on 03-06-08 at 12:42 PM
>The Black Connellys come to mind.
>It had all the markings
>for a great show-cute guys,
>mob storyline, but it just
>had too much happening at
>once. Would've liked to see
>it come back for a
>second season though.
>
>I had totally forgotten about Jack
>and Bobby-I watched that show
>when it was the air,
>and you are right about
>it.
>
>Jack and Jill on WB is
>another show that had great
>promise, but went nowhere fast..
>
>
>
>
>
>A Tribe Springtime Creation 2008
>
>

I'm totally with you on that the Black Connelly's was terrible.

Posted by StarryLuna on 04-05-08 at 08:45 AM
I thought Studio 60 had a pretty good pilot, but it quickly got bogged down in focusing on the character's romantic lives with one another instead of focusing on the happenings behind the scene at a tv show.

Place witty comment here.