URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 776
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"I am not entering Canadian Idol"

Posted by strid333 on 04-15-04 at 00:08 AM
Yes, they are taking auditions in my city today and I am not entering. This is because it is absolutely insane. People were lining up yesterday just to be heard. That is a 20 hour line. I would've been willing to line up if it were a couple of hours (let's say an afternoon?) but I can't take this much time away from work and my life just for a lark.

I'm good but there is no way I could win. I'll compare myself to Rosebowl Matt. He always seemed out of place in the competition because pop isn't his style. He really belongs in opera, and classical music. And I know that is what I belong in too. I've taken voice lessons but I always did German Lieder and Italian opera.

You could argue that they may let me through but I know they won't. I know this because one of my brother's friends (I'm kind of friends with him too but . . .) tried out and was not let through. He was a member of Saskatchewan Express for a year (a group in our province that tours and stuff - they sang at Grey Cup this year). They are a good group and he is a good singer. But compared to the person that they showed on the news that was let through, he (and I) could easily blow her out of water with our power.

Well, I'm done ranting. This Idol-mania is annoying me more than anything.

Three is the perfect number. RMNW!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: I am not entering Canadian Idol"
Posted by zeffy on 04-15-04 at 01:13 AM
Ehh.. Yeah.

I've thought of trying out at the Vancouver auditions myself, but I have other plans during the audition period :p. It just doesn't seem worth it to spend all that money getting there, waiting in line to know there's a 99.999% chance that you'll make it, even if you're a half-decent singer.

Well, that and I'm not from Ontario... teeheehee....