URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7756
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"E7 Title - 'Trojan Horse' "

Posted by Blind Freddy on 10-20-11 at 10:05 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-11 AT 10:09 AM (EST)

Thread for E7 Title and clues/teasers

E7 Title - 'Trojan Horse'
----------------------------------

Clues and teasers are yet to be released but can be added to this thread when they come out. At least we have a premise of an episode storyline to work with.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: E7 Title - 'Trojan Horse' "
Posted by Corvis on 10-20-11 at 10:08 AM
The title could be a reference to Ozzy's offer to go to RI. He goes and in addition to winning the challenge and getting back in the game, he could be the Trojan horse in the other camp - pretend to be with them but backstab them at the merge.

Really looking like Ozzy's plan is going to be set into motion...

"Tout tease...."
Posted by Flowerpower on 10-20-11 at 10:25 AM
Jiffy's teaser for next episode:

And, this is verbatim: One of the biggest moves in 23 seasons is made by one player. You can't even guess what it is. You couldn't even if you tried!!!

I agree, Ozzy is going to lay his survivor life on the line for his tribe....and we all know Survivor is about BIG moves!

"RE: Tout tease...."
Posted by Modesty on 10-20-11 at 10:27 AM
I love it when a conspiracy comes together....

Posted by Corvis on 10-20-11 at 10:27 AM
But why would Jeff say we can't guess it when the previews clearly tell us Ozzy is offering to go to RI?

That's really stupid of Jeff to put it that way (always a possibility) or there's something else going on.

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-20-11 at 10:52 AM
I don't know, Corvis. You make a point. The editing certainly plants the seed for all of this. What else could be going on....something that is not teased?

Trojan Horse definitely sounds like there is a plan to invade the boundaries of the other tribe to retrieve intel, and then plot an attack...?

Posted by kiki_k on 10-20-11 at 12:32 PM
Like the Elyse "blindside" that he teased for episode 5?

IMO, it makes perfect sense given what we know of Jeff for him to tease something that was already teed up.

Posted by Corvis on 10-20-11 at 12:42 PM
The Elyse was a blindside... to Elyse.

That's different from this where he says we'll never guess what it is.

Mind you, I could see Jeff just being an idiot with his words or not knowing that the preview was going to show Ozzy making the offer, but I don't think this is the same as the blindside tease.

Posted by kiki_k on 10-20-11 at 01:11 PM
I don't think I made myself clear -- I wasn't saying that Elyse wasn't blindsided; I meant to say Jeff has consistently "teased" things this season & last that were teed up in the previous episodes. That is Jeff's M.O. I fail to see why we should think he's suddenly changed his M.O. now.

Re: your comment that Elyse was blindsided -- are you implying that Ozzy asking to make the extremely, and potentially game-ending move, of going to RI in some Trojan horse plot to strengthen his tribe at merge is *not* the craziest, most out-the-box thing we've seen on Survivor because it's been teed up for us?

Posted by Corvis on 10-20-11 at 02:08 PM
No, it is, no doubt about it.

And yes, Jeff has teased things that were teed up in previous episodes. I am stuck on Jeff telling us "We won't guess what it is!" when the previews tells us what it is. That language is not something he's used in the past (I don't think). That makes me wonder if there is something else that's going to happen.

But again, could very well just be Jeff talking stupidly.

Posted by Blind Freddy on 10-20-11 at 10:50 AM
Is there a possibility that the 'trojan' teased in the episode title is someone other than Ozzy? Does someone else decide to make a big move?

Could there be an old game element that returns...ie a kidnap or camp raid or something like that being tied to a Reward perhaps...and thus is generated a 'trojan horse' scenerio?

<caveat emptor>
If it truly is 'one of the biggest moves in 23 seasons' (the very typing of those words brings waves of disbelief over me), then the event must be unique.
</caveat emptor>

Just trying to cover all the bases here so that JP doesn't catch us with our pants down as we is want to do at times.

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-20-11 at 10:54 AM
Could Mikayla and Christine plot the return to action post merge and plan the Trojan Horse move? Perhaps one of them could be a candidate for the biggest move in 23 seasons....

....I don't know, I think the biggest move in 23 seasons is going to come from a power player, most likely Ozzy.

Posted by Estee on 10-20-11 at 11:45 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-11 AT 12:48 PM (EST)

(I've been reading very few spoilers this season and may accidentally go over something y'all have rehashed a thousand times. Oops in advance.)

I want to look at the definition of the title -- a gift that you want to accept and ultimately take within guarded borders. And it ultimately winds up being the thing that destroys you.

From that angle, making Ozzy as the gift to RI is an interesting one. After all, in Jeff's ever-absent critical phrasing, he said you'd get back in the game: he never said you'd automatically do it with your original tribe. Which basically becomes a U-Turn because one person remains too vulnerable -- unless they're holding an idol and ready to play it at any time. (Or, optionally, they merge and the other tribe targets Ozzy because he's been voted out once already and they figure cooperation with #2 will occur.) Sure, in that context, it's an amazing move: let me use being ousted as a means of cutting their numbers. But...

...we're talking about Ozzy. And believing Ozzy could plan all this out in advance and make it work step by step is asking more of his brain than we've seen him execute in every prior season he's been in, cumulative and possibly future. He's not that imaginative. Ozzy might be able to pull this off as an Indy Ploy: okay, I've been backstabbed, now I've got to win. Okay, I won, now I'm with the wrong group. Okay, they're voting for me -- and in the end, it looks like a single brilliant plan, but he was just making it up as he went along.

(ETA: Part of what's bothering me about this is that if you're creating this as a strategy on your own, you should be able to see all the things which could go horribly wrong. The RI challenges are too varied: you can't count on physical power and if you're Ozzy, you've got to have a little fear of puzzles. There's no guarantee that the other tribe will vote for you at the first available TC: if they have a solid numerical advantage when you come back in, they might just target their own weakest link and make you waste the idol, then get you next Council. Jeff could happily declare twist and rob your luggage. Too many random elements, too much you can't control. There are gamers who'd try this, but they're gamers: roll the dice and pray, not necessarily in that order. A chess master would look at this tactic and genteelly pass out.)

So let's say Ozzy isn't capable of creating this complete idea before it happens, and maybe he doesn't just keep leaping ahead to the next tank once the assault begins. What else could a Trojan House mean here?

How about someone giving him the concept?

Everyone on his tribe now knows Ozzy has the idol. (Great work, non-genius.) And they have to have some idea of just how badly Ozzy wants to change his reputation in the game -- badly enough to do some really stupid things. So why not offer him the chance at an all-time move? Why worry about neutralizing the idol when there's an entire other tribe waiting to do it for you? There's no possible loss here, other than the blown Immunity which forced you to this in the first place. Worst-case, you got rid of Ozzy. Maybe he loses on RI when the challenge turned out to be secret-keeping. Perhaps the other tribe plays so nice with him that he forgets all about his idol and gets to watch Jeff do that special vote count again, followed by the reprise of that deathless "I'm an idiot" speech.

Or maybe it works. Maybe, just somehow, without any producer intervention whatsoever, it works. But if it doesn't -- the worst that happens is that you destroyed Ozzy by making him accept the gift of his own vote-out. A gift he was only too eager to take, because making it work would mean a legacy.

I don't think Ozzy does this out of pure cold reason and ice-coated strategy. I think he's playing this on ego, working at a level Benji might be nervous about approaching. And you'd need a world-record running start to convince me he comes up with this on his own.

Ozzy may be about to pull a Lawon: talked into leaving for the benefit of a future power which never comes. And if so, whoever did it pulled off something unseen in twenty-three seasons...

Posted by emydi on 10-20-11 at 12:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-11 AT 12:37 PM (EST)

I agree no way Ozzy does this himself...and him volunteering for RI is ego driven imo also. Oz is shown talking to Cochran about this. Jim will also be involved in strategy. The strategy that boot ed sets forth below and Corvis above is a good one.

"Ozzy the trojan horse"
Posted by Booted on 10-20-11 at 12:11 PM
I have been thinking about this (I know always scary). A trojan horse - something you welcome with open arms but proves to be fatal. What if...

Ozzy gets voted out and goes to RI with the idol.

Wins the challenge and re-enters the game.

Go to Upolo and says "I am with you - Savaii voted me out and scr*w themselves).

Finds out who is going to be booted and gives them the idol.

Votes with Savaii to boot _______________ (not sure whom).

Boot Ed

"RE: Ozzy the trojan horse"
Posted by Corvis on 10-20-11 at 12:26 PM
What an amazing idea!

(Did you read any of the other posts in this thread?)

"E7 CBS PR Teasers"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 10-20-11 at 03:26 PM
Here's the E7 CBS PR teaser

Emphasis is mine
--------------------------

A TRIBE IS IN SHOCK WHEN ONE OF THEIR OWN MAKES A RISKY PLAY THAT WILL GO DOWN IN SURVIVOR HISTORY, ON "SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC," WEDNESDAY, OCT. 26

CHEAT TWEET: WOW! #Survivor history is being made. One tribe makes a risky move. Will it pay off? Oct.26 @ 8pmET/PT
"Trojan Horse" – One tribe calls upon the heavens in hopes of changing their luck, while the other tribe is left in shock when one of their own makes a risky move that will go down in Survivor history, on SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC, Wednesday, Oct. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
--------------------------------

"RE: E7 CBS PR Teasers"
Posted by emydi on 10-20-11 at 03:35 PM
Coach prays

Ozzy goes to RI as a TH

Posted by Corvis on 10-20-11 at 03:36 PM
Okay, that seals it for me.

It doesn't say "offers to make a risky move" - it says "makes a risky move".

NotOzzytribe loses IC, Ozzy volunteers to go to RI.

That was an easy week....

Posted by Blind Freddy on 10-20-11 at 03:45 PM
I think the "left in shock' means that Ozzy throws the challenge to initiate his plan. The Savaii all already know about Ozzy thinking about going to RI. So that couldn't possibly 'shock' them. The one thing that could 'shock' them would be if Ozzy throws the challenge...possibly w/o discussing it w/them. Now that would shock them. They blindsided him via the Elyse boot. Now Ozzy blindsides them (in a way) and intiates his plan w/o their final approval or possibly any input whatsoever. The Lone Wolf howls again.

Posted by Brownroach on 10-20-11 at 04:03 PM
Semantics, really. I wouldn't waste too much time trying to figure out what the actual "shock" comes from. Remember, according to last week's clues someone was supposed to threaten to leave the game. Did that really happen? No.

Savaii loses the challenge, likely because Ozzy throws it, and Ozzy volunteers to go to Redemption Island -- no TC vote necessary. And everyone is shocked.

Posted by kiki_k on 10-20-11 at 04:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-11 AT 04:17 PM (EST)

I totally disagree with this. No way does Ozzy throw the challenge -- no way.

First & foremost -- In what possible way is throwing the challenge & risking Ozzy losing at RI more beneficial then Savaii winning the IC? The only reason for Ozzy to go to RI as a "Trojan horse" is to strengthen the tribe by trying to come back in from RI to ensure Savaii will not be down numbers at merge but even numbers with Upolu. If Savaii won the IC, they'd be guaranteed going in to merge at even numbers with Upolu regardless of which Upolu came back from RI and with the distinct possibility that the Upolu coming back in from RI would side with them & against the former tribe that scr@wed them.

Second, -- the rest of Savaii do not know Ozzy wants to go to RI -- they know in the middle of a hissy fit after the Elyse blindside he was using going to RI as a threat against them. The entire possibility of him going to help them at merge is a completely new (and shocking) idea.

eta: even in the promos, we see Ozzy saying to John "I don't want to go to RI, but I will if it is do or die." That is the opposite of Ozzy "wanting to go to RI" so much that'd he throw a challenge to do it & make the best possible scenario be Savaii at even numbers with Upolu at merge instead of up 1 with the Upolu who comes back from RI joining them.

Posted by emydi on 10-20-11 at 04:17 PM
He's done it before to get out Billy. in preview, it appears that Ozzy's discussion with Cochran is pre challenge. So they have some idea...an

The fact that he does throw it to could be the shock. But more likely is that he's the one that blunders and loses the challenge and then the TH strategy is fully developed by JCD

Posted by kiki_k on 10-20-11 at 04:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-11 AT 04:38 PM (EST)

Throwing a challenge to get out Billy episode 2 with the cooperation of the rest of your tribe is not the same thing as setting yourself up right before merge to be out based on one duel.

Seriously, is this a school of thought that is actually being considered, because I think it is more likely that Martians will land in the middle of the next IC.

Posted by emydi on 10-20-11 at 04:23 PM
We're just discussing the clues. I don't think Ozzy will throw the challenge but stranger things have happened. But once they lose the challenge bc of Ozzy (see Jiffy's teaser) then he becomes the TH....bc he asks and it is ego driven-despite the dive

Posted by Corvis on 10-20-11 at 04:25 PM
What is "TH"?

Posted by emydi on 10-20-11 at 04:32 PM
Trojan Horse

Posted by Brownroach on 10-20-11 at 04:32 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-11 AT 04:36 PM (EST)

Trojan Horse, like in the ET (episode title).

It's true, it doesn't make any sense for Ozzy to deliberately throw the challenge. So, apparently he will make an unwitting blunder which causes Savaii to lose. Then, ironically, he will be forced to revisit his earlier statement that he "doesn't want to go to RI, but if it becomes absolutely necessary..."

Posted by Corvis on 10-20-11 at 04:34 PM
D'oh!

Posted by Corvis on 10-20-11 at 04:24 PM
Come on, kiki, tell us how you really feel...

I agree that it makes no sense for them to throw the challenge. The Ozzy plan to RI only makes sense as a back up plan if they lose the challenge. If they win, then they're ahead at the merge.

Posted by kiki_k on 10-20-11 at 04:40 PM
LOL -- I just realized that may read "harsher" than I intended. Nothing against anyone here, more along the lines of Judge Judy -- if it doesn't make sense, it can't be true.

Posted by Estee on 10-20-11 at 04:25 PM
Matthew and Wanda are not scheduled to make an appearance at that time.

I agree it's unlikely at best, even with Ozzy's nobrainpower factored in -- but throwing a challenge to get rid of yourself is such a deliciously perverse idea that you almost have to give it some luv -- as long as no one's looking...

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-20-11 at 04:29 PM
Trojan Horse: Upolu calls upon the heavens, as we see in the preview promo, in hopes of changing their luck, "asking for rejuvenation", while Savaii is left in shock when one of their own makes a risky move that will go down in Survivor history....when Ozzy has a blunder at the challenge and they wind up losing it, Ozzy feels compelled to volunteer to go to RI to gain intel, and to knock out the remaining Upolu, to even out the numbers. He risks his own survivor life to further the life of the tribe....

As Corvis said....click here...

Posted by kiki_k on 10-20-11 at 05:20 PM
Another thing we should consider -- Jeff's hint that one tribe member makes a blunder that puts his/her place in the game at risk isn't necessarily the same player who "makes a risky move that will go down in Survivor history."

Maybe someone else (not Ozzy) makes the blunder during the challenge and, therefore, is the most likely to be voted out next. However, seeing it as unlikely that that person would beat Mikayla or Christine at the duel (which would leave Savaii at 5-6 against Upolu at merge with only the possibility -- not guarantee -- that the Upolu RI winner would join them) Ozzy comes up with the "look, I don't want to go to RI, but if it is do or die" plan.

Under this scenario, I see John as the one making the blunder (in the vidcaps it looks like John is one of the callers, and thus, more likely to make a game-losing blunder; plus he is the one tribe member who is most likely to be guaranteed to lose a duel against Mikayla or Christine). We see Ozzy talking to John about the possibility of himself going to RI because it is "do or die." Why is Ozzy suddenly talking to John about anything? Maybe because he is offering John a way to save his own @ss as well as giving Savaii a better chance of going into the merge even with Upolu.

Posted by tribephyl on 10-20-11 at 05:30 PM
Ding ding ding!
We have a winner.
Ozzy doesn't screwup the challenge. At the end of the 1 stage of the challenge the tribes are neck-n-neck with each other.
However, from the looks of the challenge there is also (par usual) a puzzle portion. With Ozzy, Whitney, Keith and Dawn doing the collection of the pieces, it would leave Jim and Cochran for the puzzle portion. My thought is that after all the bags are retrieved while the tribes are neck and neck, Cochran (or Jim) blows the puzzle big-time.
Leading directly into the Ozzy Cochran chat about volunteering for RI.

Posted by Brownroach on 10-20-11 at 05:33 PM
PROBST: Extra special? Okay. Part 1: It’s time for some Coach-chi. Part 2: An epic blunder in a challenge may cost a favorite their spot in the game.

You are probably correct. Someone, not necessarily Ozzy, on Savaii makes a blunder that causes them to lose the challenge. Then it becomes necessary for Ozzy to put his plan to go to RI into action, thus risking losing the next duel and getting booted from the game for good.

Posted by Slider on 10-20-11 at 07:11 PM
>PROBST: Extra special? Okay. Part 1:
>It’s time for some Coach-chi.
>Part 2: An epic blunder
>in a challenge may cost
>a favorite their spot in
>the game.

>

OK, this is great! I do think it is funny that if this is the case, you could actually read the second clue two ways. I know Probst obviously means Ozzy as the favorite, but it could also be read to mean the one who blunders. Could Probst really think of John as a favorite?

Posted by Belle Book on 10-20-11 at 07:24 PM
Maybe John Cochran is a favorite for Probst. Also, he had been an underdog and thus a favorite when he was on the outs with Savaii. Anyway, I agree that Cochran screws up but Ozzy knows Cochran won't win against either Christine or Mikayla so he volunteers for the axe. Whether he gets it or not is another story altogether.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-20-11 at 07:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-11 AT 07:50 PM (EST)

This is how I read that clue, just as kiki did:

An epic blunder in a challenge (i.e. by Cochran) *may* cost a favorite (i.e. Ozzy) their spot in the game.

It seems that you (and some others) might be reading the clue as if it's relating to the same person in both cases.

Posted by Slider on 10-20-11 at 08:12 PM
Sorry! I did understand the clue as you did, just thought it funny if read another way. Obviously did not come across the way I meant!

Posted by kiki_k on 10-20-11 at 09:42 PM
FTR, given John's edit, I definitely think Jeff views him as a "favorite." However, I think Ozzy is the "favorite" in the clue.

Nonetheless, either way, it reaches the same conclusion in my mind -- John blunders at challenge & Ozzy risks going to RI.

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-20-11 at 08:44 PM
Just jumping in here to add that I also like the idea that the one who blunders is different than the favorite who's game becomes in jeopardy. Cochran certainly fits that scenario.

I also do not necessarily think that the conversation between Cochran and Ozzy in the preview promo is pre-challenge. I am leaning for that to be post-challenge....fwiw.

Posted by michel on 10-20-11 at 10:30 PM
For Ozzy to make the offer to go to RI after losing the challenge, it makes it more likely that Mikayla wins the Duel first.

Savaii must know that Christine is going to flip so they already have their additional player. Mikayla may not be so easy to read. Savaii wouldn't count on her as much.

Posted by kiki_k on 10-20-11 at 11:57 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-21-11 AT 00:17 AM (EST)

Plus, a Mikayla v. Ozzy showdown was foreshadowed episode 1 in one of the few instances Mikayla spoke during this season.

eta: the Mikayla confessional from Episode 1:

The helicopter comes in and you see Coach and you see Ozzy and, of course, right off the bat, you are like: Ozzyyyyy! He’s just an amazing athlete, someone you’d want to have on your tribe. Coach, he’s going to be so loony and out there, he’s just going to be nuts.

She wanted to play with Ozzy and she will -- on RI.

Posted by michel on 10-21-11 at 07:32 AM
Last time I said that, you didn't believe me!

Posted by kiki_k on 10-21-11 at 01:18 PM
Without pictures, it didn't happen.

Posted by KObrien_fan on 10-21-11 at 05:15 AM
Savaii must know that Christine is going to flip so they already have their additional player. Mikayla may not be so easy to read. Savaii wouldn't count on her as much.

I'm not sure that this can be a foregone conclusion.

Christine started to show signs of breaking down in front of the others at the last duel. Even if she re-entered the game and went with Savaii it makes it 6-6 at merge with no 100% assurance that she wouldn't quit outright and leave Savaii in a world of hurt.

Not to mention that they all know how she feels about the returning players are "temporary" players and Ozzy would have to watch that threat of her trying to get Savaii to flip on him at the wrong time. Still too many unknowns.

I'm also sure that Cochran is not the only person that Ozzy discusses the plan with. I can hear Jim chirping in Ozzy's ear about constants and variables, with both Mikayla and Christine being variables, while Ozzy winning the one RI duel and re-entering at merge with the idol would definitely be a constant.

The best idea is take matters into your own hands. By going to RI Ozzy does several things for Savaii's long term health and to ensure that a Savaii wins the million.

First, he still has the idol which will come back into the game with him. Second, whoever it is at RI that he battles will have the opportunity to spill all of the intel from the Upolu tribe before he re-enters at merge. Whether it is Christine or Mikayla, either would be happy to share.

Third, and possibly most importantly (as Corvis and others have already pointed out), he can become a trojan horse. He can play up the bitter betty role and appear to join Upolu at the merge for a 7-5 margin over Savaii's number one merge target (Jim or Keith- pick your poison) but then give his idol to the target and vote with Savaii to oust an Upolu to gain the numbers advantage.

Unless he gets them to split the votes by saying Savaii has an idol to play (not revealing that it is himself), he could possibly save his idol and achieve the same result.

The interesting depth of this scheme coupled with that Upolu has an idol of their own, could make for some very fun post merge posturing.

From a sheer editing stand, what Kiki says about the Mikayla vs Ozzy showdown based on her earlier comments, and I think you said a similar thing Michel, that is more how one could draw the conclusion that it was her that beats Christine.

Christine had the "I'm going to pull a Matt" comment, but other than winning challenges, the previews, recaps etc have not been giving her anywhere near the air time or edit that they gave Matt. Matt had the whole "Jesus" edit going. She already was wrong in her statement that Coach and Ozzy were only temporary players. She will be wrong in her complete assessment of "pulling a Matt" and only nearly pull a Matt.

So anyway, long story short (too late). While I agree with you it will be Ozzy vs Mikayla for that last battle at RI, I don't agree that he will volunteer to go just because they aren't sure where Mikayla's head is at or that Christine would have been a reliable sure thing.

Wasn't it Billy Joel who sang "For all our mutual experience our separate conclusions are the same"? I agree with you but I got there from a different direction

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

"Ozzy reads Survivor message boards"
Posted by michel on 10-21-11 at 07:28 AM
I don't think Ozzy comes up with the idea just because Mikayla beats Christine because I think he entered the game thinking about this move. His comment: "If Coach were smart, he'd send Albert to RI before the merge" was misunderstood. He didn't mean Coach should eliminate a strong threat, he meant he should send a strong, trusted player to win those duels and come back to his team.

See, that idea has floated around different boards ever since RI was introduced. Most smart posters shot it down, saying it is too risky because no one is guaranteed a win in those random games (Shuffle board being a good example) but the ever-confident Ozzy wouldn't have cared about that. It was his plan all along

I am sure Ozzy will misread the Mikayla boot, thinking she was sent only to beat Christine and to return to the alliance post-merge.

Now, if Ozzy is doing this for Savaii, I'd say he leaves his idol behind for the tribe just in case. It would be the next logical step and maybe that is what Jeff said we couldn't guess: He asks to be voted out and leaves the idol for the team

"RE: Ozzy reads Survivor message boards"
Posted by KObrien_fan on 10-21-11 at 10:16 AM
Ozzy doesn't read message boards, or at least he didn't his first 2 seasons. I've met him and spoken with him at length and he is every bit the laid back Ozzy that you saw in the first couple of episodes. He loves the survival and competition part of the game but he is not one to sweat and "do homework" as it were. He shuns online boards, not saying he wouldn't change that up for his 3rd time around, but I highly doubt it, that's just not his style.

I do agree that Ozzy had the idea before the game started but I think that Ozzy got the idea from pre-game interviews and possibly from on island interview questions that we weren't shown (they obviously don't have time to air all confessionals). There was an interview posted on one of these threads and the questioner asked if he could use going to RI as a strategy and it was like a light bulb went off.

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

"RE: Ozzy reads Survivor message boards"
Posted by michel on 10-21-11 at 05:02 PM
I'm sure he has friends and one must have read the boards. Someone gave him that idea before the game started.

No comment on Ozzy leaving the idol in camp? I thought that would be the focus of discussion, not a headline used just to attract attention.

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-21-11 at 08:56 AM
I am on board with your entire speculation, KO. I agree, Ozzy will claim to have nothing but revenge in mind for his "former" Savaii tribe and declare loyalty to Coach and Company, Coach and Brandon will be star struck by the Survivor Warrier and will buy into it. I don't know at this point if Ozzy will give his idol to the target on Savaii, OR, if he'll tell them they are going to play the idol and Jim has it, and he will not hesitate to give it to Keith, if he needs it. In other words, I don't know if he will sway them to split the vote, OR, just target the strongest, telling them they don't have the idol.

I think that the target for the Savaii tribe will most likely be Albert, and Coach will not give him the HII to play. I know I'm getting a little too far ahead of myself, but in the first episode when Jiffy first talked about RI, the camera went to ALBERT. I think he'll be the first casualty post merge....

This will indeed be a huge move on Ozzy's part, it SHOULD secure his position in the tribe for at least a while. But, with Jim and Cochran, you never know.

Posted by OllieKat on 10-21-11 at 12:14 PM
I was also wondering about Ozzy physically leaving the idol with his tribe - he has to right? I can't think of a way he could slip it to someone if he lost (on his way out) without Upolu seeing it and he wouldn't trust Mikayla/Christine to give it back to the red team. So one of the questions for ep 7 is who will Ozzy hand it off to. I'm pretty sure it'll be Keith (I know, duh! )

I'm liking the idea that Ozzy comes back and does the undercover thing (good job to all of those who came up with that). I would, however, laugh my butt off if the plan works to perfection (with Savaii congratulating themselves to being strategic masterminds) and then Brandon strolls up to them saying "Guys I want to play this game honestly and feel like the way to do that is to tell you that we're all voting for XX." Can't you just see that happening? Don't think it will, but boy it'd be funny.

Posted by dabo on 10-21-11 at 12:22 PM
Yeah, black-and-white Brandon, it would be lasciviousness to withhold information from Savaii, just lasciviousness! "No, none of us ever found the idol, we looked and looked and looked!" The loose cannon will probably go on a crying jag at the merge struggling with that black-and-white. Idiot.

Posted by Belle Book on 10-21-11 at 07:33 PM
Well, at least Brandon will buy into it. I don't know about Coach, however -- he's been around the block three times as well. But it's certainly worth a shot for Ozzy to try the tactic -- he doesn't have that many options left.

Posted by dabo on 10-21-11 at 02:25 PM
I don't think Savaii would have much use for Christine except to boost their numbers for a bit, same for Mikayla. Christine is only playing for revenge now anyway. Mikayla maybe understands she gains little by flipping to Savaii, she would want revenge less, and not on Albert and Sophie. She could be more useful as a source of information than Christine, though.

As far as we know Christine doesn't have the Hantz bomb, Mikayla most definitely does, and Brandon voted her out even though he made crying like he didn't want to but he promised not to vote Edna and wah wah wah.