URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7744
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"SurvivorBlowsTribe, Time To Vote: S23 ep5"

Posted by dabo on 10-11-11 at 00:22 AM
ADVISORY: Vote threads are open to all who wish to participate and cast their votes, spoilers and non-spoilers alike. The posts initiating these threads contain no spoiler information other than perhaps referencing what has been revealed in TV promos for the upcoming episode. Non-spoilers, be advised that spoilers may include information in their posts here which you may not wish to read. Spoilers, please do not include spoiler information for future episodes, stick to the episode in question.

Special Note: See the end of this post for the Vote Scoring Game breakdown for this week.

The DAWS

Savaii (red) tribe
DM Dawn Meehan
EU Elyse Umemoto
JC John Cochran
JR Jim Rice
KT Keith Tollefson
OL Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth
WD Whitney Duncan

Upolu (blue) tribe
AD Albert Destrade
BH Brandon Hantz
CW "Coach" Ben Wade
EM Edna Ma
MW Mikayla Wingle
RN Rick Nelson
SC Sophie "Софи" Clark

Redemption Island
Exile 2. CM Christine Shields Markoski (Upolu)
Exile 4. SP Stacey Powell (Upolu)

Eliminated
ep3. Semhar Tadesse (Savaii, exile 1)
ep4. Mark Anthony "Papa Bear" Caruso (Savaii, exile 3)

The Rules

1a. Put the name of your choice for this week's boot in the subject heading.

This is easy, just erase where it says "Re: SurvivorBlowsTribe, Time to Vote..." and replace with your vote on which player will get the boot, e.g., "Whitney." Or, if you think this will be a two-boot week: "Whitney and Albert." It doesn't matter which order you put them in unless it matters to you.

This makes it easier to tally votes quickly and accurately. Nicknames are tougher to tally unless they are really obvious without actually reading your post. Other things you want to vote on, challenge winner, clue finder, will the rooster become "the other," these should go in your post not in your subject line.

("Boot" defines as voted out of a tribe, either exiled to Redemption Island or, when Redemption Island is no longer a factor in the game, eliminated from the game. Quitters are also regarded as boots though whether they would be exiled or eliminated/disqualified is unknown. It is assumed that medical evacuees would be eliminated/disqualified without prejudice.)

1b. The process for voting on which Exile on Redemption Island will be eliminated from the game.

Place your elimination vote anywhere in the subject line with the boot vote. Place an "X" in front of the name of the exile you think will lose the duel and be eliminated from the game, as in X-Christine or X-Stacey.

1c. Returnees.

This section is to note that it is absurdly probable for a player to be returned to the game immediately after a duel and subsequently be voted out again all within one episode.

2a. Reply only to this post.

We like to keep our vote threads nice and straight and controversy free as much as possible. Within reason.

EXCEPTION TO RULE 2! VOTE CHANGES!

2b. But to change your vote (or add additional votes) reply to your own previous vote post.

Your new post heading should read, for example, "VOTE CHANGE: Rick." Or perhaps "VOTE CHANGE: Rick and Jim" if you think it will be a two-boot week. Should you wish to cast a vote for boot but think about it some more before casting a vote for which exile will be eliminated, or vice versa, please use this same process.

3. This is not a discussion thread, do not treat it as such.

There are plenty of places on the forum to debate the merits of people's arguments, have discussions, have civil and polite disagreements, and you can always start a thread if it isn't redundant.

Please feel free to discuss your votes in your own post, give reasons, cast all the extra votes you want, make jokes, whatever, we are all interested in what you have to say.

4. No graphics.

If you must have a graphic please make it pertinent to something, thank you.

5. Have fun!

That's what it is all about.

Vote Scoring Game Section

The questions and points this week for those playing the game--

#1. Who loses duel and is eliminated from the game? -- 2 points

#2. Which tribe wins RC/IC? -- 1 point

#3. Which player is voted out to Redemption Island? -- 1 point

#4. How many players receive votes at Tribal? -- 1 point

#5. What is the vote spread? (6 to 1, 5 to 2, 5 to 1 to 1, and so on) -- 1 point

Good luck and happy spoiling.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Elyse X Christine"
Posted by Round Robin on 10-11-11 at 04:30 AM
Methinks our 9 way tie is gonna get shrunk a bit this week, and I hope I ain't one of the ones that screws it up.

Christine loses the RI duel.

Upolu wins IC.

Elyse gets voted out.

2 players get votes.

Vote spread is 4-3.

"Elyse | X - Stacey"
Posted by tribephyl on 10-11-11 at 05:34 AM
#1. Stacey
#2. Upolu
#3. Elyse
#4. 2
#5. 5/2

"Elyse ~ XStacey"
Posted by Flowerpower on 10-11-11 at 06:29 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-11 AT 07:40 AM (EST)

Stick with your instincts! Elyse it is!

Upolu wins the disgusting meat challenge
Jim pulls off his big blindside, along with Dawn and Cochran
Elyse is voted out to RI
2 players receive votes at TC
The vote spread is 5 to 2
Ozzy will certainly scurry next week.

ETA: Stacey loses the duel and is sent packing, but this should be obvious from the vote...

"Elyse/ Bye bye Stacey"
Posted by redbeard103152 on 10-11-11 at 07:16 AM
Duel Loser: Stacey
RC/IC Winner: Upolu
Elyse sent to RI
2 players get votes
Vote spread 5/2

"Elyse X Stacey"
Posted by emydi on 10-11-11 at 10:22 AM
1. Who loses duel and is eliminated from the game? -- Stacey

Mistress Bonus Question does Jiffy try to hug her?

#2. Which tribe wins RC/IC? -- Upolu

#3. Which player is voted out to Redemption Island? -- Elyse

#4. How many players receive votes at Tribal? -- 2

#5. What is the vote spread? 5-2 with Cochran getting the other 2 votes

"Elyse X-Stacey"
Posted by SuperClyde on 10-11-11 at 11:04 AM
#1. Who loses duel and is eliminated from the game? -- Stacey

#4. How many players receive votes at Tribal? -- Two (Elyse and Cochran)

#5. What is the vote spread? (6 to 1, 5 to 2, 5 to 1 to 1, and so on) -- 5-2

"Elyse x Stacey"
Posted by Brownroach on 10-11-11 at 11:14 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-11 AT 06:15 PM (EST)

Reasoning for Elyse in this post -- though it contains the paraphrased Probst quote -- and in other posts in the same thread. The verbatim quote was tempting me toward Ozzy, for whom there was lots of good spec this week, but the newest promo is pushing too hard to make it look like he's in imminent danger, imo.

Stacey will lose the duel, Upolo will win the IC, two people will receive votes at TC, and the voting will be 5-2. With seven people there can't effectively be a split vote to guard against the idol as I suggested in the other thread, so I don't think Ozzy will be targeted, and he won't play the hii.

ETA: well actually they could split the vote 3 for Ozzy, 2 for Elyse, which if Ozzy played the idol would cause a tie between Elyse and whoever Ozzy and Elyse vote for (Jim or Cochran). Then Elyse would leave on the revote. But I don't think they will do that.

"Elyse ~ X-Stacey"
Posted by kiki_k on 10-11-11 at 11:47 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-11 AT 11:48 AM (EST)

I agree with Brownroach's analysis & the biggest "clue" is Jeff using the word blindside -- it is just too reminiscent of last season for me when he kept talking about all the "blindsides" when it was always exactly who we knew was going home. As much as I *wish* Jim & Cochran's plan would backfire & Jim gets booted, it will be Elyse.

Sure, it will be a "blindside" to Elyse & Ozzy, but not for us based on the last episode. Also, as BR notes, the last promo? Pushing way too hard for Ozzy, which IMO is only being done to create the illusion of a "blindside" for us of Elyse.

As far as duel goes, I'm not 100% sure that Christine is coming back into the game (ala Matt) but I definitely think she is going to win at least one more.

#1. Who loses duel and is eliminated from the game? Stacey

#2. Which tribe wins RC/IC? Upolu

#3. Which player is voted out to Redemption Island? Elyse

#4. How many players receive votes at Tribal? Gotta be at least 2 so that's my answer.

#5. What is the vote spread? (6 to 1, 5 to 2, 5 to 1 to 1, and so on) 5 to 2 As I said, I do believe Ozzy is blindsided by the vote.

eta: to fix tags.

"Elyse - xStacey"
Posted by parathor on 10-11-11 at 12:52 PM
#1. Who loses duel and is eliminated from the game?
Stacey (but it's just a guess)

#2. Which tribe wins RC/IC?
Upolu

#3. Which player is voted out to Redemption Island?
Elyse - even CBS' attempt to be tricky are straightforward... once they say in a commercial "is PlayerA going home?" and then PlayerA actually is voted out, THEN they'll be tricky. Until then... not so much.

#4. How many players receive votes at Tribal?
2 - there are 3 groups right now: the 3+2, the outsiders of Dawn/Cochran/Jim, and the outsiders+3 of the 3+2... no chance for a rogue player to vote for someone else. Jim is in each group... Good strategy, but can he pull it off?

#5. What is the vote spread?
5-2? Depends on if they include Ozzy in their blindside. I would say they do not (since Keith already betrayed him, Jim wants to betray him, and the outsiders aren't with him).... which just shows that this tribe is doomed. If they're confident enough to betray Ozzy and keep him in the dark about their plans, but not confident enough to actually get rid of Ozzy, then that's their own mistake.

"Elyse X Stacey"
Posted by martinigirl on 10-11-11 at 04:05 PM
The questions and points this week for those playing the game--

#1. Who loses duel and is eliminated from the game? -- Stacey

#4. How many players receive votes at Tribal? -- 2 players

#5. What is the vote spread? (6 to 1, 5 to 2, 5 to 1 to 1, and so on) -- 5-2

"Corvis' vote: Ozzy XChristine"
Posted by Flowerpower on 10-11-11 at 04:11 PM
Voting for Corvis:

1. Who wins the duel and who is sent packing from RI - Stacey wins the duel and Christine's journey is over.

2. Which tribe wins the challenge?
Coach's tribe wins (still haven't learned the names...) UPOLU

3 Who is voted off to RI?
Ozzy is sent to RI

4. How many people will receive votes at TC?
Two people will receive votes

5. What is the vote spread?
5-2

"Head to Redemption Island, Elyse -- Bye-bye, Stacey"
Posted by Belle Book on 10-11-11 at 07:30 PM
#1. Who loses duel and is eliminated from the game? -- Stacey, I think.

#2. Which tribe wins RC/IC? -- Upolu.

#3. Which player is voted out to Redemption Island? -- Adios, Elyse

#4. How many players receive votes at Tribal? -- 2.

#5. What is the vote spread? -- 5-2

"Elyse X-Stacey"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-11-11 at 09:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-11 AT 09:23 PM (EST)

#1. Stacey
#2. Upolu
#3. Elyse
#4. 2
#5. 5/2

(0-points)
Ozzy and Elyse vote for Cochran but are blindsided as they believe everyone else is voting for Cochran as well, while everyone else votes for Elyse, saving Ozzy for the next challenge.

(0-points)
Since Ozzy is blind-sided by the vote, he probably doesn't play the HII.

(0-points)
Coach is probably experienced enough not to let anyone else know about his HII.

"Eleyse x Stacey"
Posted by Naked on 10-11-11 at 11:45 PM
1. Stacey looses to Christine

2. Upaula

3. Elyse is voted out

4. 2

5. Ozzy is "blindsided" 5-2

VOTE NAKED 2004

"Elyse XStacy"
Posted by kingfish on 10-12-11 at 09:31 AM
I'm going to use my inside spoiler tip from Senor Pissario (who cheated off of Miss Scarlett's SOTS) and go with Upolu winning the challenge, and Elyse being the boot. However I'm going to roll the magic 8-ball, and who pops up in the window? Stacy, that's who, so she goes to Loser's lodge on the Ponderosa.

#1 Stacy
#2 Upolu
#3 Elyse
#4 3
#5 3-2-2

"RE: Elyse XStacy"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 10-13-11 at 00:45 AM
Nice call on the vote split! The Kingfish zigged while the school of fish zagged. Good job!

"Elyse xStacey"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 10-12-11 at 10:55 AM
1) Stacey loses the Duel and goes to LL

2) Upolu wins RC/IC5

3) Elyse is voted out to RI

4) Two players receive votes at TC5

5) Vote spread at TC5 is 5 to 2

"Elyse X-Stacey"
Posted by dabo on 10-12-11 at 12:03 PM
1. Stacey loses the duel. Pretty evenly matched, actually, so it wouldn't surprise me if Christine lost.

2. Upolu wins the challenge, new clue in camp!

3. Elyse is voted out in a blindside when Ozzy is expecting a minority frontside against him.

4. 2 players receive votes at Tribal as the crew miss their chance to make a flush the idol play.

5. vote spread is 4 to 3. Jim, Cochran and Dawn only need one of Keith and Whitney, approach Whitney who goes in with them after a confab with Keith. Keith votes with Ozzy and Elyse against Cochran, stays close to Ozzy and the idol that way, plus he and Whitney don't appear to be a couple.

Probst: Blindside at Tribal Council, and it's a big one.

Jeff's "big one" is when the vote is tied with one vote left.

Should have asked whether Stacey drops the Hantz bomb at Redemption, darn it. She's the first person to go there with that knowledge (not counting spectators). Oh well.

"Vote Tally #1"
Posted by dabo on 10-12-11 at 01:14 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-12-11 AT 01:14 PM (EST)

This is vote tally #1, post #18, compiling 17 votes and no other posts.

Duel Loser
Stacey: 15
Christine: 2

Boot
Elyse: 16
Ozzy: 1
all others UTR

"Elyse X Stacey"
Posted by Loree on 10-12-11 at 03:33 PM
Stacey loses the duel and is out.

Upolu wins RC/IC

Elyse is voted out which sends Ozzy scrambling next week.

2 players receive votes

The vote spread is 5 to 2.

"Elyse X Christine"
Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 10-12-11 at 03:48 PM
#1. Who loses duel and is eliminated from the game? -- Christine

#2. Which tribe wins RC/IC? -- Upolo

#4. How many players receive votes at Tribal? -- 2

#5. What is the vote spread? (6 to 1, 5 to 2, 5 to 1 to 1, and so on) -- 5 to 2

"Elyse X Stacy"
Posted by Zeek on 10-12-11 at 03:57 PM
1. Stacy