URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID87
Thread Number: 774
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"DWTS, the Land of Screwjobs"

Posted by Round Robin on 11-03-11 at 04:03 AM
What the bloody hell is it with DWTS and all the screwjobs? I don't remember there ever being a season in which there were no screwjobs at all, and there's nearly always at least one really bad one. (Hi there, Sabrina Bryan!) Now this year, out of 7 eliminations so far, 5 of them, based upon the people still in the competition at the time, were screwjobs, some of them incredibly blatant. I know a screwjob is a risk when you give the viewers a vote, but other than eliminating the viewer vote, what the hell can be done about it? This sucks!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: DWTS, the Land of Screwjobs"
Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 11-03-11 at 01:18 PM
I wish I had an answer for that. As much as I distrust the judges, maybe give them 60% of the vote?

This season is over for me. I'm done watching it.

Posted by Round Robin on 11-03-11 at 02:48 PM
Oh, I'm still watching it. After all, my favorite celeb is still in the running, no thanks to her mouthy partner and the Three Blind Mice. Giving the judges more of the vote is a bit risky, since they themselves have had plenty of weeks over the years when their biases and/or their blindness and/or bosses' orders caused them to screw people over, but there's gotta be a way to limit the amount of screwings that take place. I think I'd start by limiting votes to one per phone number and/or email address. That might limit the effect small numbers of highly motivated voters such as the Worsters have on the process and let a greater variety of people be able to get votes in in the allotted time.

Posted by Agman2 on 04-14-16 at 04:17 PM
Good Point