URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 774
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Comanche Moon"

Posted by newsomewayne on 01-16-08 at 12:42 PM
Anyone watching this prequel mini-series to Lonesome Dove? While not as compelling or romantic as the original, I think it does have its moments.

I am loving Steve Zahn as Gus McCrae. His mannerisms and speech patterns are darn near perfect to what Robert Duvall had established for the character. I wonder how much of that came from Steve and how much was direction. I've always been intrigued by his characters and think he was perfect for this part.

Karl Urban is a good Woodrow Call. Not as good a fit for Tommy Lee Jones as Zahn is for Duvall, but still very good.

And Val Kilmer's character - Scull. I haven't decided if this guy was inept or just eccentric when he went off after his horse. Of course, I know he's half-crazy now. The bit where he was thinking he was a flea and hopping around in front of his wife was hilarious.

It's party time! Agman is excellent! 2008

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Comanche Moon"
Posted by nailbone on 01-16-08 at 02:23 PM
I'm watching it and liking it. I do wish I'd gone back and watched Lonesome Dove before, just for fun, but I still plan to after.

And yes, Zahn is perfect. Kilmer is cracking me up, too, as is the guy playing the cattle rancher (King?).

Posted by Breezy on 01-17-08 at 07:38 AM
I was disappointed in the ending. I felt like I was left hanging too much.

I agree about Zahn he was great as Gussy.

Breezy and Brett sitting in a tree...

Posted by newsomewayne on 01-17-08 at 08:12 AM
I agree. Even though we all know the story goes on, there should have been some kind of closure for this segment of the story. Maggie's death just wasn't enough.

It's party time! Agman is excellent! 2008