URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7736
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"SurvivorBlowsTribe, Time To Vote: S23 ep4"

Posted by dabo on 10-04-11 at 00:56 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-11 AT 01:45 PM (EST)

ADVISORY: Vote threads are open to all who wish to participate and cast their votes, spoilers and non-spoilers alike. The posts initiating these threads contain no spoiler information other than perhaps referencing what has been revealed in TV promos for the upcoming episode. Non-spoilers, be advised that spoilers may include information in their posts here which you may not wish to read. Spoilers, please do not include spoiler information for future episodes, stick to the episode in question.

Special Note: See the end of this post for the Vote Scoring Game breakdown for this week.

The DAWS

Savaii (red) tribe
DM Dawn Meehan
EU Elyse Umemoto
JC John Cochran
JR Jim Rice
KT Keith Tollefson
OL Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth
WD Whitney Duncan

Upolu (blue) tribe
AD Albert Destrade
BH Brandon Hantz
CW "Coach" Ben Wade
EM Edna Ma
MW Mikayla Wingle
RN Rick Nelson
SC Sophie "Софи" Clark
SP Stacey Powell

Redemption Island
Exile 2. CM Christine Shields Markoski (Upolu)
Exile 3. MC Mark Anthony "Papa Bear" Caruso (Savaii)

Eliminated
ep3. Semhar Tadesse (Savaii, exile 1)

The Rules

1a. Put the name of your choice for this week's boot in the subject heading.

This is easy, just erase where it says "Re: SurvivorBlowsTribe, Time to Vote..." and replace with your vote on which player will get the boot, e.g., "Brandon." Or, if you think this will be a two-boot week: "Brandon and Brandon." It doesn't matter which order you put them in unless it matters to you.

This makes it easier to tally votes quickly and accurately. Nicknames are tougher to tally unless they are really obvious without actually reading your post. Other things you want to vote on, challenge winner, clue finder, Will Albert or Whitney get a confessional, these should go in your post not in your subject line.

("Boot" defines as voted out of a tribe, either exiled to Redemption Island or, when Redemption Island is no longer a factor in the game, eliminated from the game. Quitters are also regarded as boots though whether they would be exiled or eliminated/disqualified is unknown. It is assumed that medical evacuees would be eliminated/disqualified without prejudice.)

1b. The process for voting on which Exile on Redemption Island will be eliminated from the game.

Place your elimination vote anywhere in the subject line with the boot vote. Place an "X" in front of the name of the exile you think will lose the duel and be eliminated from the game, as in X-Christine or X-Mark.

1c. Returnees.

This section is to note that it is absurdly probable for a player to be returned to the game immediately after a duel and subsequently be voted out again all within one episode.

2a. Reply only to this post.

We like to keep our vote threads nice and straight.

EXCEPTION TO RULE 2! VOTE CHANGES!

2b. But to change your vote (or add additional votes) reply to your own previous vote post.

Your new post heading should read, for example, "VOTE CHANGE: Brandon." Or perhaps "VOTE CHANGE: Brandon and Brandon" if you think it will be a two-boot week. Should you wish to cast a vote for boot but think about it some more before casting a vote for which exile will be eliminated, or vice versa, please use this same process.

3. This is not a discussion thread, do not treat it as such.

There are plenty of places on the forum to debate the merits of people's arguments, have discussions, have civil and polite disagreements, don't do it here.

But please feel free to discuss your vote in your own post, cast all the extra votes you want, we are all interested in what you have to say.

4. No graphics.

If you must have a graphic make it pertinent to something, thank you.

5. Have fun!

Vote Scoring Game Section

KB threw it in my lap to come up with something fair for the game this week, challenge accepted. These are the questions for this week and how they shall be scored.

STANDARD QUESTIONS

#1. Who loses duel and is eliminated from the game? -- 2 points

#2. Which tribe wins RC/IC? -- 1 point

#3. Which player is voted out to Redemption Island? -- 1 point

MAKE-UP QUESTION: If you are behind in the game at this point, don't have 4 points in the first three questions, this is your chance to make up some ground!

#4. Which player will hold up the most weight during the RC/IC? --
worth a gold star if you already have 4 points
worth 1 point if you already have 3 points
worth 2 points if you have less than 3 points

(In the event of a tie in the weight holding up competition, all correct answers will be accepted, per scoring chart, you need give only one answer.

Players holding up the weights in the competition are: Albert, Brandon, Dawn, Jim, Keith, Stacey.)

BONUS QUESTION

#5. How many players will receive votes at Tribal? -- 2 points

Total possible game points this week, 6.

Good luck. If you do not wish to make all your picks at once, you may use the edit function to add them to your post. The deadline for getting all your picks in is the start of the episode East Coast time on Wednesday.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Stacey X-Mark"
Posted by dabo on 10-04-11 at 01:31 AM
Pre-season I thought Stacey profiled as the most likely first boot from Upolu, and if Christine had any control over her mouth and wasn't such a paranoid make all the mistakes right out of the gate don't be a social player at all player -- I think I would have been right. And despite the Brandon-Mikayla drama at Upolu, I think tribal(group) strength will again prevail, it is still early game.

Obviously, I think Savaii wins the challenge.

Papa Bear Mark, love ya man, but he was pretty poorly prepared for Survivor from the start, one player who should have thought of dropping a few pounds instead of adding on. Smart guy, just not prepared for challenges or duels other than perhaps Sumo.

So, my answers for the game questions this week:

#1. Papa Bear Mark.
#2. Savaii.
#3. Stacey.
#4. Jim.
#5. 2. Despite his desire to continue to target Mikayla, Brandon falls in line with the group, defers to Coach, to target Stacey. Stacey and Mikayla (I expect) tag Brandon, coz what have they got to lose.

vince3 tributes thread

"RE: Stacey X-Mark"
Posted by dabo on 10-06-11 at 00:16 AM

"Stacey X Papa Bear"
Posted by Round Robin on 10-04-11 at 01:36 AM
Papa Bear loses the RI duel.

Savaii wins IC

Stacey gets voted out and sent to RI.

Jim holds up the most weight and breaks the record.

There will be 2 players get votes at TC.

BTW Dabo, your new vote scoring looks very fair to me. I especially like what you did with the makeup question. That will serve as an equalizer, which is a good idea in view of the MaxxFisher situation and his refusal to delay posting his information.

"RE: Stacey X Papa Bear"
Posted by dabo on 10-06-11 at 00:16 AM

"Stacy X Papa Bear"
Posted by redbeard103152 on 10-04-11 at 08:20 AM
Boot Stacy
RC/IC Winner Savaii
Duel Loser Papa Bear
Hold the most weight Jim
Players receiving votes at TC 2

"RE: Stacy X Papa Bear"
Posted by dabo on 10-06-11 at 00:17 AM

"Vote scoring game complaint"
Posted by Flowerpower on 10-04-11 at 09:24 AM
I know, I'm probably going to be seriously flamed for this, but...

Just wanted to voice my disagreement with the "make-up question" in the vote thread. If the purpose of this competitive game was to all end up in first place, then I would agree with it. But, it's a competition. Even if I was in last place, I would still not approve of a "makeup question".

All questions should be equal value to ALL players. Otherwise, what is the purpose?

OK, flame away!

"RE: Vote scoring game complaint"
Posted by dabo on 10-04-11 at 09:57 AM
No flames, complaint noted. I was asked to make it fair in a controversial week where a claimed source spoiler with claimed spoils for the week came out early and upset things in the conversations. The make-up question was how I chose to try to make it fair, and due to the web promo I had to abandon my planned sit-out question. Which I nailed in spec by the way, oh yeah, I totally nailed the sit-out! Rick is the sit-out!

The scoring game is a fun thing for us and between us, but the voting thread is where we collectively try to best EPMB each week and have fun. This week it was necessary to balance the disparity between those two diversions and still have fun.

Anyway, as I said, complaint noted, understood. Let's have fun.

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-04-11 at 12:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-11 AT 12:39 PM (EST)

Dabo, still don't get the logic of scoring the question differently for different people with different scores, my problem isn't with bonus questions, they should just be scored across the board, if you get it right, you get full credit.

Posted by dabo on 10-04-11 at 01:25 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-11 AT 01:39 PM (EST)

You can maybe earn one of these -- -- and be really proud.

Posted by Round Robin on 10-05-11 at 00:24 AM
I'm not surprised there was a complaint, in fact had there not been any I'd have been surprised. But MaxxWhatshisface has openly refused to delay releasing his information, so I think it's a needed equalizer between those who read all the spoilers and those who don't.

"Second the complaint"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-05-11 at 05:06 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-11 AT 05:38 PM (EST)

dabo, the work and thought you put into this vote thread is outstanding and remarkable, and I know you of all people intend fairness as a result, but ...

This make-up scoring also penalizes those who got the four points without reading any spoilers, and that is not fair. Considering this week was a 50-50 on the boot, and the rest was a popular opinion, that seems wrong to me. If the intent of the make-up is to reward people who spoil the boot correctly without spoilers, then this system is flawed, as correctness is the thing that is penalized when you score the make-up unequally.

Also, the make-up question is also super easy -- CBS gave it to us. So it doesn't say much about spoiling ability.

There have always been people who vote based on other people's work or info. Some people just vote what the most respected spoilers think, which is not really any different from voting what some guy named maxx says. How does this scoring game distinguish between independent thinkers and followers? It doesn't. Any game where the picks are public prior to airtime fails in that respect, because it allows for copying.

Copying is a loaded word, so let's say "agreeing." We vote or change our vote to agree with someone else. But our "agree" score is the same as the person gets who came up with the reasoning ... so what does the score measure?

If you want to make it based in part on non-spoiled info, throw in a couple questions that aren't spoiled, which is what most games do, but score them equally for all.

Personally, I see no point in scoring a game where the picks aren't private before airtime, unless the season is so wide open that people are all over the map.

"RE: Second the complaint"
Posted by dabo on 10-06-11 at 00:31 AM
And it ended up making just as much a difference in the game as it would have were it a straight 1 or 2 point question, none whatsoever. It needn't be repeated, interesting experiment, and now we know.

KB's scoring game is just a fun thing, that's all it needs to be.

And yes, people's votes are often influenced by others, but that doesn't mean they aren't reading the spec and spoiling threads and deciding for themselves. There is no purpose in an assumption that anyone is following the herd; unless they say it themselves in their post.

"RE: Second the complaint"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-06-11 at 10:42 PM
>>> There is no purpose in an assumption that anyone is following the herd; unless they say it themselves in their post.

So true. But often people do say it. And there is nothing wrong with that, but it's not all that different from deciding based on a source spoiler. Sources can be wrong too.

The scoring game seems quite competitive to me. Competitive can be fun, but it can be fierce, or fiercely fun ...

"Stacey XPapaBear"
Posted by emydi on 10-04-11 at 10:27 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-11 AT 10:28 AM (EST)

Papa Bear loses duel to Christine
Savii wins Rc/Ic
Stacey goes to Redemption Island with her friend Christine

#4. Which player will hold up the most weight during the RC/IC? -- Jim

BONUS QUESTION

#5. How many players will receive votes at Tribal? 2

"RE: Stacey XPapaBear"
Posted by dabo on 10-06-11 at 00:17 AM

"Stacey x Mark"
Posted by Brownroach on 10-04-11 at 10:47 AM
The newer promos have Coach saying he can't let anyone ruin his game, so he will not defer to Brandon's wishes demons if the twerp still wants Mikayla out.

Christine will win the duel, Savaii will win the challenge, Jim will uphold the most weight, and two people will get votes at Tribal Council.

"RE: Stacey x Mark"
Posted by dabo on 10-06-11 at 00:18 AM

"Stacy X Papa Bare"
Posted by kingfish on 10-04-11 at 11:00 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-11 AT 11:03 AM (EST)

#1 Papa Bare
#2 Savaii
#3 Stacy
#4 Albert

#5 three people will receive votes.

Picks are per FP's SOTs, which she made my listening to Senor Pissario and the Raunchitas. As a former Dom in training, she has a special relationship to these girls.

"#4 Vote Changed: Stacy X Papa Bare"
Posted by kingfish on 10-04-11 at 03:54 PM
#1 Papa Bare
#2 Savaii
#3 Stacy
#4 Jim

#5 three people will receive votes.

After viewing the additional vidcaps, it appears that Jim is in the best shape to hold the weight.

"RE: #4 Vote Changed: Stacy X Papa Bare"
Posted by dabo on 10-06-11 at 00:18 AM

"Stacey ~ XPapa Bear"
Posted by Flowerpower on 10-04-11 at 12:46 PM
Papa Bear loses RI duel and is eliminated ~ Christine wins RI duel

Savaii wins RC/IC

Stacey voted out of Upolu and goes to RI

Jim will hold up the most weight during lifting challenge

Two people will recieve votes at TC

"RE: Stacey ~ XPapa Bear"
Posted by dabo on 10-06-11 at 00:19 AM

"Stacy X-Papa Bear"
Posted by kiki_k on 10-04-11 at 12:54 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-11 AT 12:56 PM (EST)

I've got to agree with Brownroach --Coach's comments that he isn't going to let anyone ruin his game point to Brandon trying to get Mikayla out (again) and Coach not going with it (again).

Christine winning RI duel again seals Stacy's fate -- if Christine had lost, Stacy *may* have been able to fly UTR for a while, but Coach definitely doesn't want to chance her & Christine hooking up again in the game.

Papa Bear -- I love ya, think you are a fun person & major props at being able to tell the others were lying to you when they told you they were voting Cochran, but you're done.

#1. Who loses duel and is eliminated from the game? Papa Bear

#2. Which tribe wins RC/IC? Savaii

#3. Which player is voted out to Redemption Island? Stacy

#4. Which player will hold up the most weight during the RC/IC? Jim (I'm using the vidcap of Jim with the word "weight" over him as my clue to this guess).

#5. How many players will receive votes at Tribal? Gotta be at least 2 so I'll go with that as my "final answer."

eta: to fix tags

"RE: Stacy X-Papa Bear"

"Stacey - xPapaBear"
Posted by parathor on 10-04-11 at 01:30 PM
Papa Bear - #1. Who loses duel and is eliminated from the game?
Savaii - #2. Which tribe wins RC/IC?
Stacey - #3. Which player is voted out to Redemption Island?

Jim - #4. Which player will hold up the most weight during the RC/IC?
(To quote kiki- "I'm using the vidcap of Jim with the word "weight" over him as my clue to this guess").

#5. How many players will receive votes at Tribal?
- The question really is "Does Brandon buck his alliance and vote for Mikayla regardless of what everyone else is doing?" ... and I think the answer is yes, but I think Stacey also votes for Mikayla (in hopes of saving herself), and thus the answer is still: Two (2). (The trickier question would be "who is the alt vote, assuming that the kicked-off person can't vote for themselves")

"RE: Stacey - xPapaBear"

"Mark ...x Stacey"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-04-11 at 03:55 PM
Papa Bear loses RI duel and is eliminated ~ Christine wins RI duel

Savaii wins RC/IC

Stacey voted out of Upolu and goes to RI

Jim will hold up the most weight during lifting challenge

Two people will recieve votes at TC

"RE: Mark ...x Stacey"
Posted by dabo on 10-06-11 at 00:20 AM

"RE: SurvivorBlowsTribe, Time To Vote: S23 ep4"
Posted by Naked on 10-04-11 at 04:52 PM
Stacey X Papa Bear

Stacey is the obvious boot... I do not know why I think Christine will win RI...

VOTE NAKED 2004

"Farewell for good, Papa Bear and see ya on Redemption Island, Stacey"
Posted by Belle Book on 10-04-11 at 08:21 PM
#1. Who loses duel and is eliminated from the game? -- Papa Bear. He's way weaker than Christine.

#2. Which tribe wins RC/IC? -- Savaii wins.

#3. Which player is voted out to Redemption Island? -- Christine's second RI win seals Stacey's fate.

#4. Which player will hold up the most weight during the RC/IC? -- I guess Jim.

#5. How many players will receive votes at Tribal? -- 2.

"RE: Farewell for good, Papa Bear and see ya on Redemption Island, Stacey"
Posted by dabo on 10-06-11 at 00:20 AM

"Stacey ~ X Mark Anthony"
Posted by tribephyl on 10-04-11 at 08:42 PM
Jim will hold up the most weight during the RC/IC leading to a Savaii win of the RC/IC.
3 players will receive votes at Tribal. Mikayla, Sophie and Stacey. Stacey will be voted out 6-1-1.

"RE: Stacey ~ X Mark Anthony"
Posted by dabo on 10-06-11 at 00:21 AM

"Stacey X Papa Bear"
Posted by Loree on 10-05-11 at 10:17 AM
Christine will beat Papa Bear in the duel

Savaii wins the RC/IC

Stacey is voted out because she is the oldest/weakest outside the main alliance

Jim holds the most weight

2 players get votes at TC

"RE: Stacey X Papa Bear"
Posted by dabo on 10-06-11 at 00:21 AM

"Stacey X-Mark"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 10-05-11 at 10:33 AM
1) Papa Bear loses the Duel and goes to LL

2) Savaii wins RC/IC4

3) Stacey is Voted Out to RI

4) Jim will hold up the most weight during RC/IC4

5) (2) players will receive votes at TC4

"RE: Stacey X-Mark"
Posted by dabo on 10-06-11 at 00:22 AM

"Stacey X Mark"
Posted by martinigirl on 10-05-11 at 11:15 AM
#1: Mark (Papa Bear)

#2. Savaii wins immunity

#3. Stacey is voted out to Redemption Island

#4. Which player will hold up the most weight during the RC/IC? --
Jim

#5. How many players will receive votes at Tribal? --
2 people-
Stacy and Lil Hantz

"RE: Stacey X Mark"

"Vote Tally #1"
Posted by dabo on 10-05-11 at 12:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-11 AT 06:31 PM (EST)

Edited to include through post #26

This is vote tally #1, post #23, compiling 18 votes, 1 revote, and 6 convo posts.

Duel Loser
Mark: 18
Christine: 0

Boot
Stacey: 18
all others: UTR

The make-up question is turning out to be pretty much a bust with everyone on the same page, but at least a null bust that won't hurt the scoring game. Bumps in the game will come from question #5.

"Stacy & Papa Bear"
Posted by Zeek on 10-05-11 at 03:50 PM
1. Papa Bear
2. Savail
3. Stacy
4. Jim
5. 3

Still going back and forth between Stacy or Edna being voted out, but it makes more sense for Stacy in regards to how Coach is playing the game.

"RE: Stacy & Papa Bear"

"Stacy X Papa Bear"
Posted by CTgirl on 10-05-11 at 06:07 PM
Papa Bear's buff gets burned.

Savaii wins RC/IC.

Stacy gets reunited with her BFF Christine at RI.

Jim holds the most weight.

Two players will receive votes at Tribal.

Thanks for doing this Dabo! You can never make everyone happy but you try and that is worth the 220# record in gold!

"RE: Stacy X Papa Bear"
Posted by dabo on 10-06-11 at 00:23 AM