URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7701
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S23 EP1 Vidcap Speculation ***Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***"

Posted by Krautboy on 08-25-11 at 06:01 PM
****This thread is a Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***
(Please exclude mention of sourced spoilers from your discussion)

Survivor Fever has vidcaps up on their site. Thanks SF! Here’s the link to the vidcaps and voice over text:

http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s23_preseason_8_23.html

There are some challenge pictures, camp pictures and lots to speculate about, including this shot:

Appears to be contestants carrying torches to Tribal council. Are these actual contestants or “dreamteamer” stand-ins? If this is the real thing, then notice the male head at the bottom of the frame. Whose head shape and haircut does this match. Is this a clue as to which tribe goes to TC first?

Of the men, Brandon and Albert are the best fit and both happen to be on the Upolu (Blue) tribe…Does Upolu go to TC first?

Krautboy

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S23 EP1 Vidcap Speculation ***Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***"
Posted by michel on 08-25-11 at 06:16 PM
I see many pictures of John, the one Probst calls hilarious. If we are lucky, that means he will be a big character this season and not an early boot.

I also see these pictures at the end of the commercial:

Considering that the frog was very present in the imagery of Redemption Island, this could be a signal that Whitney goes to RI first. That could be why Jeff says she is rootable. Maybe she wins a few duels.

"Challenge Pics?"
Posted by Krautboy on 08-25-11 at 06:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-25-11 AT 07:53 PM (EST)

Edited to add more...

Here are some of what appear to be challenge pics:

Savaii(red) tribe at the start of the challenge? Some kind of a relay?

One of the women being carried? Rick Nelson (?) in the background, eliminated or watching this phase?

Muddy male Nike footwear.

Cheering for a tribemate, but not looking good for Upolu at this point in the challenge.

It is unclear if these two are sitting out, eliminated or callers for their tribe?

Lots more challenge vidcaps here:

http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s23_cast.html

This appears to be the Immunity Challenge, team obstacle coarse, very similar to a past Challenge...

Krautboy

"RE: Challenge Pics?"
Posted by Krautboy on 08-25-11 at 07:02 PM

Here' the large pic showing two men, one with a beard and mustache(Anthony, Rick Nelson or a Dreamteamer?)Next to him someone wearing black shorts. The netting in this picture is consistant with some kind of relay race/obstacle course.

The woman being carried is wearing her buff, but the color appears to be purple? Is purple the dreamteamer color or just a red top washed out in the photo as it fades from one shot to the next?

There are lots of spectators in the challenge vidcaps, but the numbers are even at this point, so there are probably multiple phases or legs to the race.

Krautboy

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 08-25-11 at 09:01 PM
Thanks KB for bringing over these vidcaps and starting the conversation. I found some other interesting challenge pics from Survivor Fever ...

First, we have a basketball/coconut shoot challenge. We've seen this before ...

These pics look like they are from a different challenge.

Lots of peeps on the bench there ...

Then we have a digging challenge ...

Here, the DAWs have straw baskets. Wonder if this is a food challenge or match game-type challenge.

Also, there is an obstacle course challenge ...

Now, if we can only figure out what challenge takes place when! One thing I did notice ... there is no sign of Coach or Ozzy in any of these challenges.

"Your'e amazing -- own it!" ... Ami Cusack talking about Ozzy

Posted by Flowerpower on 08-26-11 at 06:58 AM
Scarlett: The picture below is from the video on Coach and Ozzy from CBS.com. It is of Coach as he gets up from under the obstacle course structure that they are crawling under....could be the first immunity challenge.

Then the pictures of the daws in the bleachers are from the very beginning of the show, where they are gathered. Coach and Ozzy arrive by helicopter and are introduced at what appears to be redemption island arena. Ozzy and Coach have to compete for something and the tribes are cheering them on.

"Woman in shorts...."
Posted by Flowerpower on 09-06-11 at 09:10 AM
Just wanted to note that I think this picture from above...

...I don't know when this shot takes place. We see netting in the background as is on the basketball leg of the first challenge, but I still don't know if it is from the first IC or NOT....It's a shot of Elyse on the Savaii tribe being lifted by Ozzy and someone else....

Note here is a comparison shot of her clothing, note she's wearing a halter type bra, under her buff...

I think you can see that that bra has the trim as we see in the above shots...
Also, note shorts...

I just don't know when it's taken. I can't think of a place that they would need to pick her up like that in the first IC near the basketball station....

And, who is the man standing in the background watching? It is not Rick Nelson, who looks like this:

I think that it is a much hairier...

For comparison:

Here is a shot of Jim as he approaches the first IC:

I don't know when the shot of picking up Elyse is from. If it is a hairier Jim in the background, then we know that the folks that we can identify in the pic make it past the first IC at least...Elyse, Jim, Ozzy? and ? Keith?, John??

"Promo Vidcaps"
Posted by Flowerpower on 08-26-11 at 05:14 PM
Krautboy posted many of the thumbnails, thanks KB, but I can hardly make anything out of them...so, decided to bring the larger size over to comb over...

Four people are featured in this promo...John and Whitney from the red Savaii tribe, and Brandon and Sophie from the blue Upolu tribe. Could one of them be our first boot?

This picture looks like someone is reaching in and pulling this girl up....

...and yes, I agree with Krautboy, sure looks like these are folks on the Red Savaii team.

Another point to think about is are they showing us three challenges? First we have the challenge that involves just Coach vs. Ozzy that happens at the beginning, most likely at the Redemption Island Arena. Then we have the basketball challenge, where there is netting behind the shooters, and then baskets that the shooters have to aim for and fill.

I think this shot...

and this one are from the basketball challenge. You can see netting in the background in both...

Then the final shots of possibly another challenge involving running and crawling under obstacles and then climbing up things as well...Here we see the blue Upolu tribe....see Rick Nelson's plaid white and blue shirt and Edna behind him.

...and I think this is Coach trying to help Edna up...

Food for thought...

Posted by Flowerpower on 08-25-11 at 09:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-25-11 AT 09:35 PM (EST)

Thanks for starting this vidcap thread, Krautboy! And, nice to see everyone here! Hope everyone had a great summer. I started to do the vidcap thread this AM, and ran into some computer problems, but all is well now. Thanks for posting these shots. Here are some vidcaps that I got from the video that is now posted at CBS.com, introducing Coach and Ozzy. It appears that they land after the first 16 have already arrived. They arrive via helicopter....Ozzy jumps out first, and then Coach...

We see Ozzy, but Coach is seen in the video a moment later. (Coach jumps out in the black shirt and jacket that he is seen sporting below. Then they go to Jeff, where he'll introduce them...(Note the structure that they are standing under, it will most likely be seen in the picture of Coach vs. Ozzy as they compete climbing poles, seen below)

As I have pointed out, note their clothing and that their hair is down.

Here is Ozzy meeting his new tribe, the red tribe. Note that they appear to be at Redemption Island, as there are bleachers in the background...

Coach with his new tribe, the blue tribe:

Now we see the tribes sitting back in their respective areas of the redemption island arena, perhaps, and we see Coach and Ozzy competing alone. Since they are already assigned to tribes, this must be a competition for something...perhaps a reward of some kind?

We can see that this challenge is a puzzle...my money is on Ozzy and the Red team.

Then there is a picture of Coach with his tribe back at their camp...

Now there are several pictures of Ozzy vs Coach in a challenge....first they are climbing poles...(Note the structure behind them, is this still the challenge arena? The structure that is seen above that they are under when they arrive? )

Then they are seen digging, side by side...

Finally there are shots of Ozzy competing in a challenge along with someone from the other tribe...(also, note that Jeff is in a different shirt than the one he wore when he greeted everyone....)

and, Coach in a challenge with others behind him...

I think that all of the shots of Ozzy vs. Coach are in the very beginning of the game, after they are introduced. Note Ozzy's hair is pulled back after meeting his tribe, and he rolls up his pants to above his knee. Coach pulls his hair back after meeting his tribe, and takes off his shirt.

In the challenge where Ozzy is seen chopping, he is wearing his pants longer, than above his knee. So I think that may be from the first tribal challenge. Also the shot of Coach with his hair down in a challenge with someone following him in a blue shirt is from a tribal challenge as well.

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 08-25-11 at 09:53 PM
Good stuff there, Flopo. Look how happy Ozzy's tribe is to have him ... kind of reminds me of the Ometepes when they got Robfadda. Coach's tribe, on the other hand, greets him much more formally.

I can't see Coach beating Ozzy in a puzzle or a pole challenge, fwiw.

"Comment"
Posted by Flowerpower on 08-26-11 at 07:04 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-26-11 AT 04:22 PM (EST)

On inspection, it really appears that Ozzy's tribe is pretty weak physically. In fact, he appears to be the sole athlete in the bunch. Looks like they are going to really need him.

On his tribe the guy with the heart defect that requires a pacemaker, the older, gay, ex cop, the nerdy Harvard kid, and alot of girls...hmmm. Maybe they'll surprise us, certainly will be open to being wrong...

ETA: OTOH, the red tribe, has fewer women though....don't know, maybe it will be more balanced than first appears.

Posted by michel on 08-26-11 at 04:26 PM
For a moment, I thought SEG had gone crazy and that all the challenges would be run by Ozzy and Coach alone while the tribes watched. You know, it could still happen...

Posted by Krautboy on 08-26-11 at 07:04 PM
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/8863/wowxy.png

These are both at the same event…the Reward duel between Ozzy and Coach after they are introduced to the their tribemates.

Krautboy

Posted by Flowerpower on 08-26-11 at 07:57 PM
Yes...agree, KB. I think the picture you have there with Sophie pointing is from this...

It's from the Ozzy and Coach challenge at the beginning. But that still leaves two more possible challenges with vidcaps. The basketball one, and then the obstacle course one...OR, is it possible they are all parts of the same challenge? I am doubtful that they are...

"Obstacle Course Challenge"
Posted by SpotTheDiffference on 08-27-11 at 04:54 AM
Sorry if this might not make sense--I'm not exactly an expert in vidcap analysis. I just wanted to point out that these look like they're all part of the same challenge:

A digging portion--Rick seen participating for Savaii.

A criss-crossing crawl-through:

Here we see Semhar going back into the crawl-through that her teammates just got out of:

Some hanging coconut obstacles:

I think they might have to go up the A-Frame to the coconut shooting stage. Albert and Brandon look like they're wearing the same thing here as in the obstacle course:

The net seems to be attached to a circular weight which will rise as the net is filled up. The stone border seen behind Jeff also seems consistent with the border in the digging stage (first picture) and the running shot (fifth picture, just behind Sophie) :

Posted by chinadj on 08-31-11 at 01:09 PM
Hi everyone! I apologize if I mess this up. I'm still pretty new, but excited about the new season. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed the paint in these pics, and what it might mean in terms of timelines or challenges.
In this pic, Ozzy arrives with no paint on his face or shirt;

But now he has red paint:

Also, Coach has blue paint on his hands:

AND, Brandon and Stacey ALSO have blue paint on their hands:

I'm assuming this means they've had some bonding time with their tribes after the helicopter arrival?

Also, this pic looks like Coach behind Brandon and Edna;

So I'm wondering who they're yelling at? Or is it just Jeff telling them what they're playing for?
So, sorry again if this is all nothing. I Just thought some of the great minds here might make something out of it.

Posted by Flowerpower on 09-01-11 at 07:39 AM
Hi chinadj! I can explain the paint, thanks to Blind Freddy. He read an article and posted that the two returnees are assigned to tribes by breaking open eggs with the paint color of their new tribes.

So, more than likely, the tribes are gathered at the Redemption Arena, and the 2 returnees are brought in by helicopter. They are introduced and allowed to draw for the eggs and then crush them. The red paint gets on Ozzy's shirt, and you will note on his right hand as well...while he gets the paint off of his hands, perhaps it stays on his shirt...? It also gets on his left face...

Ozzy runs and jumps into his new tribe in a group hug, while Coach methodically shakes hands with them all (using his "blue" right hand), most likely transferring the blue paint onto them as well. Then, it appears that Coach and Ozzy must start the competition one on one, as we see them doing a pyramid puzzle, digging side by side, and climbing poles. Most likely playing for some type of reward...

You also noted this picture....

I think this is most likely from another challenge, where they are gathered on the mat for something. Note there is no longer blue paint on Coach's hands...

"New Promo Vidcaps"
Posted by Flowerpower on 08-30-11 at 07:25 AM
New promo vidcaps brought to us by Survivor Fever!

The Blue tribe arriving somewhere...

Ozzy leading his tribe through the obstacle challenge...

Coach in the Obstacle challenge...

Ozzy still leading the way in the obstacle challenge...

Coach:

Ozzy:

Wildest season:

Transcript:

Announcer: The island, the games, the twists, the players, the votes, the one, the only, Survivor is back. Get ready for the wildest season yet with the return of Ozzy, the winningest player ever.

Ozzy: I can't wait. I'm ready to be a cutthroat player and I will succeed.

Announcer: And Coach, the legendary Dragonslayer.

Coach: I played this game with honor and integrity twice. I'm jumping in with both feet. And I'm bringing the Dragonslayer back. Let me tell you that right up front.

I think all of the shots of Coach and Ozzy alone are from the first challenge where only they compete. The others must be from the "Obstacle challenge", which may or may not be part of the "basketball challenge"...

"RE: New Promo Vidcaps"
Posted by parathor on 08-30-11 at 02:58 PM
(apologies if this was mentioned before)

So - this challenge probably ends with "move this pyramid from Point A to Point B ... and you can use Point C if needed."

I'd guess that the "winner" gets... supplies? fire? choice of location?... for their tribe. I'll also guess that Ozzy wins.

"Brandon and Whitney Promo"
Posted by Flowerpower on 08-30-11 at 07:45 AM
Another promo featuring Brandon Hantz and Whitney, the Country Music Singer...another case to support that one of them is our first boot perhaps?

This looks like the blue and red tribe are both scrambling under the same obstacle...

Shots of Brandon...

Shots of Ozzy...

Brandon...

Whitney...

Transcript:

Announcer: The island, the locals, the players, the plotting, the games, the twists, the tribes, the votes, the one, the only, Survivor is back. Survivor South Pacific.

Brandon: I am Russell Hantz's nephew.

Announcer: Get ready for the wildest season yet with the biggest surprises ever.

Whitney: I certainly wasn't expecting to get into my underwear so quickly but you know, what do you do?

My thoughts....It sure seems as if Brandon and Whitney are being hyped pre season. Is it because they are both somewhat notable, as RussHell's nephew and a country music singer, OR, is one of them our first boot? If it's the later, than if Brandon is not disclosing his heritage, than is it more likely to be Whitney? Well, he is related to RussHell, so???

"RE: Brandon and Whitney Promo"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 08-30-11 at 10:57 AM
Brandon is featured solely because he's Russhole's nephew, doubt he'll be booted really early. And Melinda was a country singer as well, but she was never featured and she was booted in the second episode of the Exile Island season.

Posted by michel on 08-30-11 at 09:59 PM
For Whitney, the question is her popularity. I don't think she is really well known at all so there wouldn't be any promotion to feature her as a star. Like I wrote above, Jeff said she was rootable and one way we can root for her is if she wins a few duels at RI.

Posted by Corvis on 09-03-11 at 11:11 AM
Great stuff, everyone! It's great to be starting a new season of spoiling!

I'm trying to get my mind around this challenge stuff. It's clear that Coach and Ozzy face off one on one first. But then it seems like they go right into a tribe challenge as everyone is wearing the same clothes as they are while watching Ozzy and Coach. So I'm speculating that Coach and Ozzy play for an advantage for their tribe in the first tribe challenge.

And it looks like the blue tribe is winning.

But is this for reward or immunity?

"Press Images"
Posted by Flowerpower on 09-04-11 at 07:42 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-05-11 AT 10:56 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-05-11 AT 08:20 AM (EST)

Thanks to Survivor Fever for Uploading the Pre-episode 1 press images:

ETA: Putting what is most likely the first tribal challenge in order...
Most likely the start of the challenge:
We see Upolu...

Under the obstacle crawl here, we can see both tribes, and they appear pretty even at this point...

Here, however, it appears that Upolu has a bit more of a lead...

There are only 6 people up on the Savaii platform when the Upolu's are jumping off...the three last people to get on the platform are the three guys, the tall dark guy, Keith, the older firefighter, Mark Anthony, and Jim, the marijuana dispenser.

Then, at the basketball station, the Upolu's have more of a lead...no telling how many coconuts they have already deposited?

So the question is, can the Savaii's overcome the deficit in time to win? It's not looking too good for them...

ETA 2: Here is a pic that is from further along in the challenge...

You can see the Upolu's net full of balls as well, hanging to the left of the basket full of balls for the Savaii Tribe. Does it look like they have to throw coconuts into the net, that are attached to the net full of weights that we see on the ground. When they throw the proper amount of coconuts in their respective nets, they will lift the net full of weight up off of the ground...?

a few other shots...

and, this is another leg of the long challenge...we see Rick digging for something, and then we can see the Savaii's standing on their mat in the background...

Sure seems like the Upolu's are still in the lead when Ozzy and Rick are chopping at the ropes. Note that the majority of Ozzy's ropes are still in tact, but if you note Rick's ropes, (look at the ropes hanging off to the side of his log), it sure looks like he is working on his LAST rope...

Note we see Jiffy in the basketball throw portion wearing the same outfit as he is during the chopping portion. So, it's all part of one very long and physical challenge.

In sum, they start off fairly even, but the Upolo's appear in the lead for the chopping portion, and for arriving at the basketball throw portion, but it appears as though the Savaii's are catching up in the basketball throw...?

"TV Guide Preview CHALLENGE shots"
Posted by Flowerpower on 09-06-11 at 08:20 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-06-11 AT 08:38 AM (EST)

Thanks to Survivor Fever for posting all of the TV Guide Preview shots! Always so appreciated!

I posted this below the above post, as I started to put together the challenge....

Here are the shots taken of the challenge course for Episode 1. These shots are mixed with the dreamteamers doing the challenge and the actual first challenge run with the Survivors. It is in sequential order. The name of the challenge is Coconut Conundrum.

It starts out with the tribes on their respective mats, and on Jiffy's go, they race along their respective lanes that intersect the other tribes lanes making it harder to get across.

Then, these 2 frames are thrown in and are way out of sequence. This station is right before the basketball portion. Chopping the multiple ropes releases 250 coconuts into a wooden frame on the ground. Once released the coconuts are picked up 1 at a time by 3 selected members of the tribe, to shoot into a net. Here we see Rick Nelson for the Upolu tribe chopping his ropes. Note that he is on his last rope, while we still see multiple ropes yet to be chopped on the other tribes side, in fact you can see when you look below the log that the Savaii tribe has chopped one rope and is working on the second when Rick chops his last rope.....when he chops that last rope, the coconuts will be released and they move on to that station...clearly the Upolo's are in the lead...

Here is a picture of another obstacle....hanging coconuts...

Shots of the Savaii tribe coming to the challenge....or are they leaving? Don't look too happy....

Various shots of construction and then dream teamers through the challenge...

Pictures of the "wall"...Note Dalton Ross on the blue tribe...

Note this is a vantage point from the top of the wall. Note that once off the wall there is the sand pit. One of the tribe has to dig in the sand most likely to locate a buried hatchet, that they then must use to chop the ropes that release the coconuts used for the basketball leg. Rick Nelson competes for the Upolu's and Ozzy competes for the Savaii's...

The tribes arriving, strategizing, and then starting...

Note for the wall, the Upolu's lift Rick Nelson up first to pull the others up, while the Savaii's lift Keith up first...

Note that Ozzy is the last one over, then Ozzy and Rick go to dig up the hatchet and move on to chop the ropes. As noted earlier, Ozzy is on his second rope when Rick most likely finishes the chopping and releases the coconuts...

Brandon, Albert, and Mykayla are the three chosen from the Upolu tribe to get one coconut at a time and shoot to fill the net to a pre-set weight, that will raise the other net full of coconuts....The Upolu's have a small lead...Competing for the Savaii's are Keith, Semhar, and I think Ozzy....

These shots don't look promising for the Savaii tribe. But, are they from the end of the challenge? Clearly they are all lined up and they appear hot, but, I don't know. It could possibly be from the start of the challenge? ? Semhar's expression is quite telling, however, imho...

Transcript:

Announcer: Survivor just wouldn't be Survivor without the complex and physical challenges.

John Kirhoffer (Survivor Challenges Producer): Basically we're coming up with a big opening obstacle course. Here we are back in Samoa. It's a South Pacific theme so nothing works as well with a South Pacific theme as coconuts.

Announcer: To get the team ready for competition, John and his team hold practice challenges. This works out the kinks.

Kirhoffer: 23 seasons later you'd think we would figure it out.

Announcer: They do at least when it comes to some obstacles.

Kirhoffer: The wall is the most iconic quintessential teamwork obstacle because it takes an entire tribe to get over that wall. You really have to be working together, strategizing who's going to go up first. Who's going to stay on the bottom and help people up. Who is going to be the last person to get up the wall because they have to be fit. And then getting off the wall, there's a pretty good jump on the back. We also added a few different lines in and out of the coconut curtain. Where you run through all the coconuts, we put a few lower lines and higher lines to try to motivate people to go up and down. They just kind of barrel through them. The last leg, they chop through the ropes releasing a torrent of coconuts. I was envisioning a thousand coconuts, raining coconuts. We had 250 coconuts which is pretty good. And instead of a puzzle which was one of our few opening challenges in recent history that didn't have a puzzle.

Announcer: So how will it all come together? Here's your exclusive look as the contestants make their way through the Coconut Conundrum.

Jeff Probst: Season 23, first Immunity Challenge, here we go.