URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7680
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor 22 Ep12 ECST"

Posted by vince3 on 05-04-11 at 06:30 PM
Last week, Julie joined the Jury box, and both Ralph (Rooster) and Steve, joined Matt and Mike on Redemption Island.

Tonight we have a 4-way challenge/quad-eul or whatever it will be called on RI, and loved ones will be a prize or somesuch... as will love for the main 6 of the Ometepe/Murlonio tribe...

Hopefully, we'll all get to see it without storms or news or power outages screwing us over...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Redemption Island Day 30"
Posted by vince3 on 05-04-11 at 08:05 PM
Rooster arrives and gives Matt and Mike the down lo about what's happening at camp at the fire, and shortly thereafter, Steve arrives...

They realize that if one of them make it in front of the Jury, it will have pretty much 5 Zaps or anti-Ome at least Jurors... practically guaranteeing a win for them...

Murlonio camp: The Omes arrive back at camp and celebrate... Natalie has a slight emotional breakdown as she realizes that they're almost to the end and soon to see her family and such...

Rob confesses that as long as the rest doesn't realize that he should be going home, he should make it to the end... 8 days to go...

"RE: Redemption Island Day 30"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-04-11 at 08:07 PM
Nice quote from Rooster about seeing daylight ahead with majority Zaps on jury and how "he wants to be that guy" who gets to the end

Nat breakdown is interesting. Maybe they're finally trying to flesh her out and make her seem human.

Posted by kiki_k on 05-04-11 at 08:08 PM
Also, Andrea talked about how now it is going to get exciting because for the last 5 TC votes they've been on "cruise control" but she is looking forward to it.

Posted by michel on 05-04-11 at 09:07 PM
That sounded like it was going to be ironic and it was.

Posted by kiki_k on 05-04-11 at 10:31 PM
>That sounded like it was going
>to be ironic and it
>was.

My initial thought exactly, but I was too chicken sh!t to write it at the time. LOL

Posted by emydi on 05-05-11 at 11:48 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-11 AT 11:48 AM (EST)

Always remember EPMB Loves him some Irony!

"RE: Survivor 22 Ep12 ECST"
Posted by kiki_k on 05-04-11 at 08:10 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-11 AT 08:12 PM (EST)

Sprint phone -- video clips from home. Andrea's dad is adorable. Rob's sister has the message for him. Grant's brother in law informs him his wife is pregnant.

eta: by "his wife" I think it is Grant's sister who is pregnant, not Grant's wife, but I'm not 100% sure about that -- brother in law didn't make it clear.

Posted by michel on 05-04-11 at 09:09 PM
I am not sure either but I think it was Grant's sister.

"Murlonio, Day 31"
Posted by vince3 on 05-04-11 at 08:12 PM
They got Tree Mail and it's a box from Sprint: and it invites them to the Redemption Island Arena... but first! please check the videos on the phone...

Natalie's Mom is up first.
Andrea's Dad is up next.
Phillip's Sister after that.
Rob's Sister next up.
Grant's Brother-in-law after up, and Ashley's mom to end it...

Now we get the videos for the Redemption Islanders...

Ralph's brother, I believe, is up first.
Mike's mother is next.
Steve's brother after that.
Matt's brother is last up...

Off to the Arena for everyone!

"RE: Murlonio, Day 31"
Posted by kiki_k on 05-04-11 at 08:14 PM
Matt's brother isn't bad looking, but is kind of plain. Matt definitely got the looks in that family. LOL

"RE: Murlonio, Day 31"
Posted by kiki_k on 05-04-11 at 08:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-11 AT 08:25 PM (EST)

Mike wins duel -- gets love from home.
Matt 2nd place.
Ralph 3rd place.
Steve out.

Also, when duel started editing made it look like Matt waved to Andrea specifically & they keep showing Andrea's reaction.

Mike has choice to take company with mom, give it up for Matt & Ralph to have time with family OR give everyone left time with their family. (edit -- "everyone left" is only Ometepe's, not Matt & Ralph)

It is Rob's sister who comes on the visit.

Mike is quoting the bible -- I guess Matt has been "teaching" him on RI. He quotes greatest commandment is to love your brother more than you love yourself. So he gives it up for everyone to have time with their family. Mom isn't surprised because "that is who my son is."

Grant thanks Mike -- Mike says no problem, don't vote me off again.

"Redemption Island Duel 4-way"
Posted by vince3 on 05-04-11 at 08:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-11 AT 08:21 PM (EST)

Jeff reclaims the Epic 4G phones from Sprint from both 'camps'

Winner of the Duel will get the opportunity to be with their respective loved ones.

4 tiles: Each round they will make an attempt to break a tile.

One person at a time in rounds... First 3 to break all 4 stays alive...

Mike only one to break a tile in the first round. Second round, everyone breaks a tile, so Mike retains his lead. You don't have to break them in order... Mike has 3 tiles broken, Matt and Rooster have two tiles broken and Steve has only one tile broken after 3 rounds....

Mike breaks his 4th tile in Round 4 and wins the Duel and Love From Home!

Matt and Rooster breaks their 3rd tiles, leaving Steve behind... Both Matt and Rooster break their final tiles, so Steve's toast.

Steve burns his buff, and heads to Ponderosa...

Mike's Mom comes out to visit at the Arena... but if he forgoes time with his Mom... he can give time to Matt and Steve... or give time to the Ome's!

Mike's decision is: Give love to the Omes!

"RE: Redemption Island Duel 4-way"
Posted by michel on 05-04-11 at 09:14 PM
Mike had a nice sentiment but he it will not help him at all. In fact, being mean would have been better. He would win a jury vote in any case but the thing is to come back and win immunity. He will not make it otherwise. In his position, I would have given the visit to Matt and Ralph or kept it for myself.

Posted by Loree on 05-05-11 at 09:22 AM
Mike and Matt seem to be competing for the God vote. He can't help them both win. Matt wanted to be more selfish and realized Mike was really living what Matt was preaching. But Mike also doesn't want karma working against him. He has been kind to the largest group left in the game.

I also believe it was easier for Mike to give up his visit with his mom. He had seen her and knew she was well. He is older than Matt and has been away from home alot more and doesn't need the visit to last as long. Matt is more needy. The strange part was Ralph being so upset to not spend more time with his buddy.

Posted by emydi on 05-05-11 at 11:51 AM
Mike and Matt seem to be competing for the God vote. He can't help them both win.

*Snort* love it

Posted by byoffer on 05-05-11 at 03:26 PM
The strange part was Ralph being so upset to not spend more time with his buddy.

It did seem weird, but I think Ralph was just upset at the thought of Mike doing anything nice for those bastige Ometepes.

Posted by kiki_k on 05-05-11 at 04:09 PM
But why did a buddy come for Ralph instead of family? Honestly, it made me think that "buddy" was code for "partner" -- but why not just say partner? Ralph certainly doesn't fit the "gay stereotype," but that's the thing with stereotypes -- they aren't 100% accurate for every single person in the group being stereotyped. Do we know if Ralph is, in fact, married? If not, I'm thinking he's a super-butch gay man and for some strange reason TPTB at Survivor are hiding that from us.

Not, btw, that any of this matters, I just find it curious that if his "buddy" is really his "partner" then why not tell us that?

Posted by parathor on 05-05-11 at 04:21 PM
Wasn't there a picture of a skinny, sunburned Ralph walking in the airport with a woman?

I bet it's just a good, very close friend... someone "like" family.

As with anyone's choice, maybe his family-family was too busy, or didn't want to do the trip, or didn't want to be on TV, or maybe he's estranged from them due to whatever reason. Maybe they had planned on sending someone who could compete for Ralph, if that happened to come about (didn't Johnny Fairplay's friend come for his family visit?)

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-05-11 at 04:24 PM
>(didn't Johnny Fairplay's friend come for his family visit?)

Well, yeah, Fairplay has family around, but the whole point of Thunder Dan's appearance was to perpetuate the 'dead grandma' lie for maximum sympathy to keep him in the game longer.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-05-11 at 04:22 PM
Rooster has a girlfriend back in his hometown of Lebanon, VA.

Posted by kiki_k on 05-05-11 at 04:34 PM
Thanks for the info, PePe -- at least I can stop with the Survivor is anti-gay conspiracy theories swirling in my head! LOL

And yes parathor, I remember Johnny Fairplay's friend coming instead of family, but I figured that was because no one wanted to admit they were related to him.

"Redemption Island Day 31"
Posted by vince3 on 05-04-11 at 08:29 PM
Rooster moves Steve's torch over to the 'toast' pile... and confesses that he wasn't entirely happy about Mike's decision to give love to the Omes instead of keeping the love to himself...

Mike confesses that it wasn't strategic but if it helps him get a vote or two on the Jury, so be it... he does feel sorry that Matt and Rooster didn't get love, but it was the right thing to do, he thinks...

Murlonio/Ometepe camp: We get to see the loved ones get the grand tour of the camp with the remaining Omes... and they get updates from their loved ones and get inspiration... and give them a head's up to what they've been doing...

Rob says that the first 31 days mean nothing if he doesn't finish it off in the last 8 days and get the win that he's been looking for the almost past 10 years...

"RE: Redemption Island Day 31"
Posted by kiki_k on 05-04-11 at 08:31 PM
Rob also said other people right now in the game may be thinking about home, but he is more focused.

Also, it was Ralph's "buddy" not an actual family member -- that was odd, IMO. Does he not have any family?

Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-04-11 at 08:32 PM
LOL, Matt gets out-Jesus'd by Mike.

Good quotes for Rob, Nat and Phil re how family visit helped them. But Rob's comment about dragging Phil to the end and he'll get no votes reminds me of Russell and Natalie.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 05-04-11 at 08:40 PM
Who was Rob's visitor, and Grant's? Same as the videos? More details for us who can't see it, pretty please? Did Matt get to hug his brother?

Posted by kiki_k on 05-04-11 at 08:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-11 AT 08:44 PM (EST)

Rob's sister & Grant's brother in law (sister's husband). It was same as videos.

Ralph was his "buddy" not a family member.

And no, Matt (nor Ralph or Mike) got any physical contact whatsoever with family members.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 05-04-11 at 08:47 PM
Thanks kiki!

Posted by kiki_k on 05-04-11 at 10:35 PM
De nada, OFG!

"Day 32"
Posted by kiki_k on 05-04-11 at 08:39 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-11 AT 08:40 PM (EST)

Rob actual won the IC!
But he is not looking good. Jeff even tells him to stay there; Nat brings him water; he is cramping. Doesn't want meds. They have to help him stand. He literally crawled to the finish.

Grant was seconds behind Rob & Andrea was seconds behind Grant.

"WOO AND HOO!"
Posted by Flowerpower on 05-04-11 at 08:40 PM
Woo and Hoo, just left off with Robfadda and his commitment to win the game! YEAH!

Sorry I'm late to the party, just getting in now...

Murlonio day 32

Tree Mail, and Andrea reads it...Uphill battle, no matter how you tread, Rob comments on IC, it's not going to be too difficult, he wants only one person not to win, and that's Andrea....she's got to go. He's got his shirt with Amber and Lucia on it and he's going to work his A$$ off so Andrea doesn't win...

The challenge, race to collect puzzle steps and place them in order bottom to top, first up wins...as they said someone will be voted out and sent to RI, they focused on Grant...

Go...Untie the know and get puzzle steps to your plank, Rob first, if you are wrong must go back down, only place one at a time, Andrea is in the lead, Rob has his first set, Then Grant and Ash, Phil slow, and Nat is slow...

Ashley is struggling, Andrea is in the lead, Rob has to go back down, Andrea and Grant right now, pick it up, Andrea with a big mistake, now Rob and Grant....110 degree out....

Grant is wrong heads back down, now Rob is right, then Andrea is right, then Grant is wrong again, opens the door for Rob and Andrea....Rob struggling to get up the steps....Grant making up ground, Rob has his third, Andrea will need a mistake from Rob....Rob has 2 steps left, Andrea 3, Grant 3....Rob legs are buckling....Rob one step left, get up Rob and you will win....Rob struggles.....32 days of exhaustion sets in...Rob is going to win!!! Crawls to the top...wins...

They are dead....are you all right Rob....relax Rob......cramping, they are worried about him....Jeff asks if Rob needs medical....cramping...stands up...he's allright, just about falls over....he was soaked!!!! Hobbling over to get the IN....once again, barely standing, Mariano safe at TC....this alliance is about to be broken up....showed Ashley

"RE: WOO AND HOO!"
Posted by michel on 05-04-11 at 09:19 PM
The editing at the end of the challenge made me think of the race to the pit stop in TAR: Rob was in the lead but would he be able to make it...maybe...maybe not...He does!

"Murlonio, Day 32"
Posted by vince3 on 05-04-11 at 08:40 PM
Immunity Challenge tree mail, and it's simple according to Rob: Andrea can't win it!!!!

Rob gives up the Immunity Necklace...

Race to get puzzle steps... and then put them up the gigantic staircase! First to the top and raise their flag, wins Immunity!

A bundle that needs untied first, then put a plank up at a time...

Andrea's at the lead after the first group of puzzle steps... Grant and Rob are shortly behind... can only carry a plank at a time... if you bring the wrong one up, you have to go all the way back down to correct the mistake...

Grant's done with the 2nd grouping, Rob shortly behind... then Andrea... 110 degrees out there today... Grant's starting to make mistakes... Rob's in a slight lead right now with Grant just behind...

Rob has the last puzzle board, but he's almost out of gas!!! Grant's almost there, but...

ROB WINS IMMUNITY!!!!

Jeff comment during the challenge: "He's literally carrying his family on his back!" Rob's exhausted at the top and is cramping up... Jeff asks if he needs Medical, but Rob asks if he can get help standing up... and after a little rest, he gets the Immunity Necklace... hobbling a little but he does so.

"RE: Murlonio, Day 32"
Posted by kiki_k on 05-04-11 at 08:42 PM
In case anyone reading this doesn't get Jeff's comment re: Rob carrying his family on his back -- Rob's sister gave him a t-shirt with a picture of his wife & daughter on the back. (2nd daughter hadn't been born yet).

Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-04-11 at 08:44 PM
Whoa, that was scary -- I thought Rob was going to have a heart attack.

Valiant effort by Andrea. Puzzle part screwed up Grant with mistakes.

Has the title/mangled nets bit been spoken yet? Wasn't sure if I missed it.

And why would Phillip be 1 of the 3 up for Player of the Week? Is that still coming?

Posted by CTgirl on 05-04-11 at 09:20 PM
According to several Survivors that Boston Rob has played with in the past that Rob C. has interviewed this season: Rob doesn't eat anything but crunchy rice - not even any fish. He collapsed last season and almost collapsed tonight. He's getting too old, LOL, to do this kind of stuff anymore! This really is his last chance to win!

Posted by michel on 05-04-11 at 09:42 PM
He has never done well in eating challenges on Survivor or on TAR!!

Posted by Flowerpower on 05-04-11 at 10:18 PM
Please let Boston Rob win so we don't have to see him through the next 10 years...LOL!

No, seriously, by the looks of him entering this season, he sure likes to EAT something...he has taken 32 days just to get some of that excess weight off. I hope he keeps it off this time.

I think he collapsed due to dehydration...he was really soaked...and it was 100 degrees+ out there. Definitely not enough water...

Posted by michel on 05-04-11 at 10:46 PM
That challenge was a little bit like Guatemala's F4. That time, they didn't show it to us but Danni collapsed and that was why Rafe was able to convince Steph to keep her over Lydia. They didn't want to show Danni's weakness but they had to make Rob look heroic so they included a scene that reminded viewers of his collapse on HvV when he was carrying his tribe on his back.

Posted by kiki_k on 05-04-11 at 08:50 PM
Everyone agrees to vote Andrea, but Phillip starts annoying everyone again -- the "you mangled my nets" line comes here ("the old Philip is back"). Phillip says it is his strategy to act like that because he has the perfect argument to get everyone to vote for him. Rob starts to think maybe he should rethink his strategy about keeping Phillip, who could be playing him although he seems like the perfect goat. Andrea is a good competitor, though & he thinks she could definitely win against him. If he makes a mistake his "32 days of hard work would be gone."

"Murlonio, Day 32"
Posted by vince3 on 05-04-11 at 08:49 PM
They return to camp, and it starts to rain...

Rob's legs are like Jello, but he's happy that he has all of his options...

Phillip takes some of the roof leaves to help out the fire and again becomes Nuisance Number 1... and may start to replace Andrea as the voted out...

Phillip confesses that he's acting crazy so that he can be carried along... and he thinks he has a sure-fire speech to beat Rob at the FTC...

Initial plan was to vote out Andrea, but Rob is having second thoughts...

Phillip brings back the nets that are now somehow mangled after the Zaps are gone (it wasn't that bad with the Zaps there...) which help fuel the 'Kill Phillip' ideas...

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 05-04-11 at 08:53 PM
Interesting -- Phillip or Andrea only?
I'm really surprised that Rob isn't worried about Grant.

Posted by kiki_k on 05-04-11 at 08:56 PM
At TC they talked about keeping the tribe strong to beat whoever comes back from RI.

Andrea got voted out. From the peanut gallery David said "she got blindsided" never mind the fact that Jeff said that it sounded like whoever got voted off it would be a blindside because they have kept the 6 so strong thus far.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-04-11 at 09:33 PM
It might be that Rob was worried about an alliance of three coming back to bite him if he kept Andrea and then Matt came back into the game from RI. All Andrea and Matt would have needed was for Phillip to decide to join them to make it happen.

So, my thinking is that Rob wanted to ensure that only one of Andrea or Matt would be there at the critical F4 or F5 votes (since they still don't know at the time when the RI returnee is coming back). He obviously felt more secure having Grant there at his side for at least another vote along with Nat/Ash than to risk having two people who could gang up on him.

Posted by byoffer on 05-04-11 at 10:30 PM
That has been my thinking for a while, Pepe. Andrea had to join Matt so that one of them gets eliminated at RI and they don't get a chance to both come back and haunt Rob.

Posted by emydi on 05-05-11 at 12:06 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-11 AT 12:08 PM (EST)

and as others have said, Rob needs Grant at 2nd F5 to beat RI returnee at IC, Rob really wants Grant or him to Win F5 and boot Matt (who else can it be, really? ) the RI returnee and then Rob wants to win F4 IC to get rid of Grant so he can go to F3 with dancing girl and the goat? (I really want Philip to get to F3 to hear his "oral argument"!!!)

ETA:
I guess Rob could chance it vote off Grant at 1st F5 if G doesn't win IC in order to beat RI returnee at RI in final duel but I think he wants him around him longer just in case.

"Post IC...."
Posted by Flowerpower on 05-04-11 at 08:54 PM
Back at the Murlonio camp...

Raining....the run for cover into the shelter, and clapping for Rob...legs are jelly...Confessional for Rob, he had to give everything, he's 7 days away and he's giving everything he's got, gained 2 things, 1 he's not going home, 2-all his options are open and he can decide who's going home

Nat conf: Tonight we are voting Andrea, her relationship with Matt is still on, it will be a shock to her....Grant says the lovers are going to be reunited. We see the tree frog and then Phillip...

Rob says Phillip, someone is going to go to redemption, Phillip regains his spot in our tribe as annoyance number one...he's chasing a wasp around...

Phil in conf: not concerned about going home tonight, early on I made my self the villain, and every now and then I need to put alittle salt on that wound so they don' forget....he comes in with mangled nets and yells at everyone...he thinks that Rob feels very strongly if he gets to the finals, he knows exactly what to say, he thinks he can defeat Rob...Grant and Rob talk....Rob doesn't want to rock the boat, maybe we should vote out Phillip....Rob is having second thoughts about Phillip, he's terrible in challenges and he's considering Phillip, he's pretty good with words, Andrea is a competitor, if I make the wrong choice, 32 days out here could be gone, just like that....Jury comes in...David, Julie and Steve....

TC:

After dominating for 32 days the time has come, they have to vote one of their own out of this game....Andrea talks and says she feels safe, she's trusting the right people...Nat how is it...is it terrifying, it's not fun, it's nerve wracking...

Phillip you have said that you are the sixth man in this group are you worried, you and Nat were not competitive...it was 110 degrees and i'm 52, it was not my day....no man in the army could not out run me....Andrea, you were competitive...is that going to make you a target...we want to keep our tribe strong because whoever comes back from RI, we want to beat them....

Phillip as counterintelligence, can you make it to the game if you are truthful....he says, absolutely I'm the senior statesmen, I lead by example, I'm the guy you want to have around, does any one feel insecure, and no one raises their hand....some one is about to get blindsided...Rob says he feels better with the IN around his neck...jPhillip, what would your great grandfather say...."you've done everything right to get to this point so hold the faith..."

Natalie, you are up to vote....

ISee the snake crawl and then see Andrea's face...No one wants to play the HII..reading the votes...

Andrea
Phillip
Andrea
Andrea
Andrea

Tricky, tricky....she was indeed blindsided....

"Tribal Council"
Posted by vince3 on 05-04-11 at 08:54 PM
Andrea I think was up first in questioning, then it's Phillip time... They then talk that it might not be time to get rid of the strongest challenge people yet, since someone still has to return from Redemption Island, and they might be tough to beat...

Ohcarp... Jeff asks for a nugget of 'wisdom?' from Phillip that he things his grandfather would say...

Time to vote! No votes are shown...

Since Rob's Immune already, he makes no move to play the HII...

Da Votes: Andrea, Phillip, Andrea, (Jury realizes that she's blindsided....) Andrea, Andrea, who heads to Redemption Island to reunite with Matt...

"RE: Tribal Council"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 05-04-11 at 09:01 PM
The whole Matt/Andrea non-ship is simply pathetic. Funny how last season Brenda and Chase actually hooked up, and they cut it out, but this season, Andrea and Matt exchange glances and it's the showmance of the season ...

Only one of them is coming back. One is done. I would have thought either of them had more story than that.

Posted by Brownroach on 05-04-11 at 09:19 PM
To me it's more curious that now the Phillip-Andrea conversation is a non-ship. I thought that would go somewhere.

Andrea is now in a position to give Matt a lot of information to work with. That's not necessarily a lame ending to their story.

Posted by michel on 05-04-11 at 09:31 PM
Matt doesn't really need info: He will need immunity, nothing else will do. No one would want to vote with him, even Andrea looked like she was planning to vote him out again. Matt is a sure winner if he makes it.

I had the impression that the Andrea-Phil convo was to show that Phil was all talk and no action. Although Andrea could return! Crazy twist...

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-04-11 at 09:37 PM
The only way the Andrea-Phillip convo would have legs is if Andrea comes back into the game and she teams up with Phillip to create a tie at F4. I think Phillip is on his own if anyone else comes back from RI (of Matt/Mike/Rooster/either Rob or Grant/one of the two girls), but the only person he could conceivably team up with is Andrea.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 05-04-11 at 09:38 PM
I guess the Phillip-Andrea stuff was to attempt to fool us into thinking that Rob would have some resistance to his game. An example of how almost-alliances revealed not only don't succeed, sometimes they don't even exist.

The Phillip stuff created anticipation that he, Andrea, Matt could all in some way contribute to a game flip at the merge -- but it was misdirection in Phillip's case.

It looks now as if Phillip is comfy with sitting next to Rob and has no more plans to get Rob out? That's my take from the PBP ... haven't seen the show yet.

It sure looks like Rob is not going anywhere and is gold through at least F5.

Posted by kiki_k on 05-04-11 at 10:44 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-11 AT 10:46 PM (EST)

You have it exactly right re: Phillip. He says he has purposely played the "villain" so that Rob will think that he (Rob) will win against him (Phillip), but what Rob doesn't know is that he (Phillip) knows exactly what to say to each juror to get them to NOT vote for Rob. He says it is a "brilliant strategy."

The only interesting thing is that Phillip said he knew what to say to get the jurors not to vote for Rob; he did not say he knew what to say to have them vote for him (Phillip). The Zaps seem particularly bitter for being so handily outplayed by Rob, so could Phillip, in fact, be a spoiler for Rob not getting the needed votes and the 3rd person (probably Natalie, IMO) gets the win instead? Because I don't care what Phillip does, including having Jesus Christ come down & ask the jurors to vote for him, Phillip isn't getting the votes needed to win.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 05-05-11 at 07:06 AM
>>> I don't care what Phillip does, including having Jesus Christ come down & ask the jurors to vote for him, Phillip isn't getting the votes needed to win.

ROFLMAO kiki

Posted by Brownroach on 05-05-11 at 10:46 AM
I can't believe that non-entity Natalie will possibly win. Before last night's ep she had a total of four confessionals. Even with the whole show revolving around Rob I think we'd have gotten a little more from her.

Posted by kiki_k on 05-05-11 at 11:57 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-11 AT 12:01 PM (EST)

I kind of don't believe that could happen either (Natalie winning) BUT when you have morons like Julie (who, btw, seems like a very nice lady in her Ponderosa clips) talking about how deceitful Rob is & how being at Ponderosa was "worth being voted out," blah, blah, blah, it tells me that a lot of the Zaps have no idea what in heck this game is about & they could very, very easily vote for the person who isn't Rob (and, as I said, no way do they vote for Phillip). Seriously, where does Julie get that Rob is deceitful? He wasn't part of her alliance; he didn't betray her by staying true to the Ometepe 6. When the time comes to eat their own, well, that was always part of the deal -- make it to final 6 & every man for himself. It is just all a bunch of bitterness on Julie's part, IMO.

Honestly, if the F3 is Natalie/Phillip/Rob, Julie for sure will be voting for Natalie. The only question I have is will the other Zaps be that lame-brained about the game?

Posted by CTgirl on 05-05-11 at 02:32 PM
I would be surprised (and disappointed) if Natalie won too. But after the attention she received from the camera during the family visit, I think she makes F3. They were fleshing her out during the visit so someone must vote for her! If it's Rob, Phillip and Natalie in the F3, I could see some of the women jurors voting for her, but the men? I'm not so sure. There's still some story to be told though.

Posted by kiki_k on 05-05-11 at 02:47 PM
>But after the attention she
>received from the camera during
>the family visit, I think
>she makes F3. They
>were fleshing her out during
>the visit so someone must
>vote for her! If
>it's Rob, Phillip and Natalie
>in the F3, I could
>see some of the women
>jurors voting for her,
>but the men? I'm
>not so sure. There's
>still some story to be
>told though.

Agreed. The other thing that makes me think Natalie is F3 (although not necessarily the winner) is all the undue praise she's been getting from Jiffy in his blogs. Sure, after the InvisiblePurple Kelly fiasco last season, Jeff has reason to be talking up any 19 year old who "sticks with it," but methinks it is also because she goes all the way to F3.

I'm thinking Julie & Ashley are for sure Natalie votes in a Natalie/Phillip/Rob F3. Ralph may lean that way too -- he seemed awfully mad at Steve for not picking him to get the love (even though that wouldn't have helped Steve at all, as it could have possibly given him -- and Matt-- the strength they needed to beat him on RI). So, he could totally hold a grudge against Rob. No one is voting for Phillip, despite his delusions.

Posted by Flowerpower on 05-04-11 at 09:12 PM
Jiffy says that was one blindside, he has a feeling it won't be the last....stay tuned for next week on Survivor....

I'm happy that Rob is staying true to his alliance. I think Andrea was a good move, she was on the perimeter of their core alliance...well done, Rob! THRILLED that they didn't boot Grant....Rob is staying true to his number 2! YES! Win honorably, that's what I say....Rob just proved himself to Grant.

And Andrea says, and then there were five!!! I love blindsides
Jeff: This close to the end

Grant: Splitting them up is the best route, Rob: I know but I gotta get back, Ashley can't be trusted.....
Jeff: EVERY
Grant: That is a snake, bro
Jeff: MOMENT (See Rob and Natalie hugging)
Phillip: (Shouting in someone's face) I don't give a f#%$^k!!!
Then Nat sitting with Ashley in the shelter with Grant standing by them, says..."Get out of our faces"...
Rob in Confessional: The one thing you don't want to happen, happened.
See Nat and Ash walking on the beach and they scream..."PSYCHO!!!" together...

Cut to Andrea in confessional at RI:

Well, obviously I'm a little bitter...every one of them looked me in the eyes, except for Phillip, and told me we were voting Phillip. Then, at some point during the day they all went behind my back and said, ok, we are voting Andrea. So, it is a little hard to be living with these people for 32 days and have these relationships and have what you think is trust and then find out that they have been lying to you the entire time...

She took it quite well, imo!

Posted by michel on 05-04-11 at 09:38 PM
"Ashley says, and then there were five!!! I love blindsides>

So we know who leaves next week...unless Natalie strikes Phillip? Is that the one thing you don't want to see happen?

As for Andrea, I thought she looked very naive.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 05-04-11 at 09:50 PM
If they do plan to keep Grant to beat the returnee, then the F4 on Day 36 should be Rob, Grant, Natalie, Phillip. Then returnee, who absolutely has to win immunity twice or gets voted straight out again.

That should be one tough immunity challenge to win.
If the returnee pulls it off, Grant is probably out, or would they keep him again and ditch Natalie or Phillip?

It's very hard to Rob getting voted out at this point. He's done a fantastic job of protecting himself. If Andrea had stayed in, it might have happened. Smart to get her out.

Posted by michel on 05-04-11 at 10:05 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-11 AT 10:06 PM (EST)

Seeing 4 people compete on RI and only 1 eliminated, I bet the players are having a hard time determining how many players come back and when. Two could be coming back at F3 like in Survivor South Africa and they would be proven challengers so I think Rob will keep Grant until he knows.

Posted by Flowerpower on 05-04-11 at 10:09 PM
I don't know, OFG. Through the episode Rob said that they have all been told he's with them to the end, and the one thing you don't want to happen is for them to talk to each other....he ended this conversation with his sister saying, "they won't". Then in the promos we have Rob in confessional stating the one thing that you don't want to happen, happened.

I suspect that they have "talked" to each other. More than likely Phillip has let the cat out of the bag. I have a feeling Phillip could bite it next....

....but, then again, how many times have I thought that?

Posted by kiki_k on 05-04-11 at 10:55 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I think you got this quote from Rob wrong:

Rob: I know but I gotta get back, Ashley can't be trusted.....

I think what he said (talking to Natalie) was:

"You know I got your back, Ashely can't be trusted . . ."

This is his opening, after talking to Grant about splitting "them up" (them has to be Natalie & Ashley) to get Natalie to vote out Ashley over Phillip.

The way this season is going, I'm pretty sure the expected boot (Ashley) will, in fact, be the boot next week, regardless of whatever suspense TPTB try to create. No surprises.

Posted by CTgirl on 05-04-11 at 11:08 PM
I interpreted what Rob said to Natalie the same way you did and I agree Ashley will probably go next, no surprises no matter what craziness Phillip stirs up.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-05-11 at 00:36 AM
And Ashley's "I love blindsides" comment in the Next Time preview seemed to be ironic foreshadowing.

Posted by Flowerpower on 05-05-11 at 06:33 AM
OK, that makes sense...Thanks for straightening me out! I am just so happy that Rob is staying true to Grant....so, they are saving him to get rid of the RI'er! Then after that, is it each man for himself....that's when Rob will most likely try to play his idol....if Grant wins immunity in that last TC....can Rob save it for that long...

If the RI'er comes back at F5, then say Grant tries to beat him and it gets down to F4, then could Rob play the HII at F4?

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 05-05-11 at 07:22 AM
Yes, Rob told Natalie he has her back.

The idol should have expired tonight, by all the recent precedents, but it didn't, so apparently it is good through the episode where someone returns (per what Jeff said about the Finale.)

It certainly should not be good at F4. That is a get into F3 free pass. The first seasons they had the HII they played around with it, but for some time it has expired at F6, and the second F5 is a two TC extension on the norm.

So ... the loved ones were kind of second tier family ... some of them, not a single spouse! NOT that a mom or dad is secondary, but a brother-in-law when you are married seems odd.

I can't believe they flew six family members out depending on the slight chance that the duel winner would be generous to the Omes. Maybe that's why Ambuh didn't come. Didn't want to go through all the shots and stuff to maybe get sent back without a hug?

Posted by michel on 05-05-11 at 07:24 AM
F4 was the limit only in S12 and S13. Since then, it's been F5 or F6.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-05-11 at 09:38 AM
Jeff said in his video blog this morning that Rob's guaranteed F4 because of the HII, so I'm taking that to mean that Rob can use it at both F5s but not at F4.

That would sync up with Jeff's prior comment that it could be used up to the 1st challenge of the Finale.

Posted by Flowerpower on 05-05-11 at 09:52 AM
So, just so I understand this, he could use it next week, or he could save it for when the RI'er comes back and makes the new F5. He can play it through the next 2 tribal councils but not after....?

Posted by Brownroach on 05-05-11 at 11:49 AM
It would appear so.

It seems defeating to the Redemption Island premise to still have an HII in play after the last person comes back in. If events played out in such a way that the returnee could alter the endgame without having to win regular immunity (a seemingly desirable situation for endgame suspense), the person could still get bounced with an HII.

I've really grown to hate the HIIs. I wish they would get rid of them.

Posted by kiki_k on 05-05-11 at 12:04 PM
I've really grown to hate the HIIs. I wish they would get rid of them.

THIS.

I hate those stupid HIIs.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-05-11 at 12:20 PM
FloPo, yes, that's my understanding based on Jeff's comments -- Rob can play the HII this week at F5, or he can play it at the 1st TC of the Finale when the RI returnee comes back (which I'm calling the 2nd F5).

BR, good point about the HII undermining the premise of RI. I guess they want the RI returnee to have to go on an immunity run to prove their worth. Although the one thing that hasn't come into play (and probably won't this season), but I'm curious about, is if someone goes to RI with an HII in their pocket, is it still good? I'm assuming so, and perhaps that's why it's still available for the 1st TC after the RI returnee? Also, can they hand it off to someone else on RI? It will be interesting to see over time whether RI players collaborate.

It looks like both HIIs and RI will be around if Jeff has anything to say about it.

Posted by Blind Freddy on 05-05-11 at 02:24 PM
I can't find it archived and I don't have a link. But I do have the quote....

From a JP Tweet (E3, I think)

JeffProbst: an Idol on RI would have no value, but if he came back with it, it would.

Posted by Brownroach on 05-05-11 at 02:28 PM
if someone goes to RI with an HII in their pocket, is it still good? I'm assuming so, and perhaps that's why it's still available for the 1st TC after the RI returnee?

That occurred to me after I posted. I think it would still be good, but you never know how they set up the rules. But yes that could be why they extended the HII's shelf life this time.

Posted by CTgirl on 05-05-11 at 02:35 PM
Conversely, consider the control Rob would have at that last tribal council if he won immunity and was able to give the HII to someone (Natalie, Phillip?)!

Posted by emydi on 05-05-11 at 12:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-11 AT 12:34 PM (EST)

Edited I watched his blog now and he says Rob is guaranteed to finale and then one Immunity win and he's in the finals.

The only way this doesn't happen is if at 1st F5 bc the Ambers vote him out in an ultimate blindside with him not using the HII....I was cracking up while typing this...no way this happens.

I agree OFG Boring Ep 13 with Ashley going. So Rob is safe to finale no matter what happens and whether ot not he wins IC in 1st F5, probably he or Grant wins it unless it's upper body strength and then the Goat? wins it

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 05-05-11 at 07:42 AM
I did a 180 on my feelings about Rob's edit tonight. I feel he ought to win now and very likely will. The other people who could have been contenders are just not stepping up.

Matt was very weak tonight. I thought if he were going to pull it together it would be after seeing family. Well, he didn't get that opportunity. He wasn't exactly a whiner this time, but he seemed very young. Loved the turnaround they did with Mike -- bringing out his dominant challenge self and his maturity.

If there were anyone left who could pull this off, I think it would be Mike. Mike got a great beginning confessional, but he floundered in the middle of the show, so more likely it's just the beginning of his send-off. I would have liked to see him duel Grant, sniff.

btw, for those of you who don't read Sucks -- sunsawed at Sucks was the first to coin the term "goat" as the person you drag to the end in Survivor, and tonight Rob used his term.

sunsawed posted his Fox, Bear, Goat, and the Bunny theory at Sucks at the end of Survivor Outback.

Rob is the Fox, Grant is the Bear, Phillip is the Goat, and the Three Degrees are Bunnies. Here's the original:
http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/10101/The-Fox-the-Bear-the-Goat-and-the-Bunny

Very prophetic considering he only had two seasons of Survivor to base it on.

Posted by Flowerpower on 05-05-11 at 09:34 AM
Matt was very weak tonight. I thought if he were going to pull it together it would be after seeing family. Well, he didn't get that opportunity. He wasn't exactly a whiner this time, but he seemed very young.

Yes, I agree with this, OFG. This has been my assessment of Matt the entire time. Ever since he uttered that comment to Boston Rob during the very first episode...

Boston Rob, are you really from Boston?

For me, that said it all. Matt is SOOOO young and naiive. He's out of his league here. And, that's why I see him on the journey. His journey is finding his way, maturing, following and being faithful to the plan that God has for him. He's out to "honor his God", not to really win the million dollars.

Last night was another lesson for Matt....when he acknowledged Mike's decision and that if it had been him, he doesn't think he could have done it. Watch and learn, Matt!

I do believe that the editing is building up a conflict....Matt vs. Rob. The doubt that Rob cannot win comes directly from the jury for me. They take NO accountability for where they are...out of the game. A bitter jury killed Rob once before, it could happen again, despite Rob's best efforts and his intensity.

I think Rob is playing a very forthright game. He noted last night that one of them is going to go to RI, that's a fact....we hear Ash in Insiders tell us that Rob has told them from day one, this is a game, I love you, but this is a game. What more can a person say to others....But, Julie still considers Rob "deceitful", even after the game. That's what gives me doubt....

Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-05-11 at 09:50 AM
OFG, thanks for sharing the history on the goat. I went to the link you provided and noticed that sunsawed was also prophetic in noting that the bunny is often underestimated.

Agree about Matt. I've always liked Mike better but had written him off -- who knows, after last night maybe there's still hope for him. Despite not liking the RI twist, I feel the RI returnee is the only wild card/interesting part of the game right now.

"RE: Survivor 22 Ep12 ECST - Lion!"
Posted by parathor on 05-05-11 at 10:38 AM
Very prophetic! But I'd say Rob was the "lion" (rarr!). I totally remember reading that before, years ago... great find!!

"A good Fox will pit enemies against each other and can justify votes as removing the weak, unworthy and traitors. The best Fox will be seen as just and fair. Such a player is a LION.

The Lion is the most succesful strategy, a leader that commands loyalty and respect. ... The trouble with the Lion strategy is that early on someone too strong is seen as too clear a winner, thus a threat. A good Lion must build loyalty first, then establish leadership. And leadership does not mean telling everyone what to do. It means being the person that other people turn to to make decisions."

Posted by Loree on 05-05-11 at 09:53 AM
I don't think Rob will have any trouble getting Natalie to boot Ashley. Natalie was the one that tattled on Ashley to Rob earlier in the season. Natalie wants to be Rob's #1 female sidekick. And Natalie was shown earlier saying they were keeping Philip till the end because he was easier to beat. So I think she understands Philip has to stay and Ashley has to go. Rob just has to keep Grant from wanting to keep Ashley over Natalie.